PDA

View Full Version : Rally Italia Sardegna 2015

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

tommeke_B
22nd February 2015, 09:30
Haven't found a topic yet. I'm going to attend this rally for the 5th time this year, in my opinion it's the most spectator-friendly event of the current WRC calendar. Itinerary and maps are out, 24 special stages, enough for 400km SS! I hope they stick to their plan this year, not like last year when RG1 contained more stages than what the event turned out to be... First leg will be almost completely new for most drivers. One of the new stages could give some great scenary, as it's partly on the coastline. http://www.panoramio.com/photo/75772194?source=wapi&referrer=kh.google.com (According to the maps the road in the background should be stage).

Maps and itinerary: http://www.rallyitaliasardegna.com/en

Juha_Koo
22nd February 2015, 09:58
As far as I know, the SS 7 has already been cancelled (or is in danger being cancelled) due to local mayor saying no.

SubaruNorway
22nd February 2015, 11:36
Thinking about going, just a shame Ryanair cancelled the direct flight from Torp/Oslo to Alghero :(

tommeke_B
22nd February 2015, 12:28
Thinking about going, just a shame Ryanair cancelled the direct flight from Torp/Oslo to Alghero :(

Have a look at flights to Olbia and Cagliari as well, they aren't that far. ;) We're flying to Alghero but return from Cagliari.

SubaruNorway
22nd February 2015, 13:00
Have a look at flights to Olbia and Cagliari as well, they aren't that far. ;) We're flying to Alghero but return from Cagliari.

I did, only direct flight was back from Olbia with Norwegian on the 22nd a week after the rally at only 45 euro though. Would be nice but can't afford it if I'm doing 3 events this year :) Found some from Rygge through Milan that wasn't too bad with Ryanair, so we will see ;)

Mintexmemory
22nd February 2015, 13:25
Flights from London, Stansted booked, Beach House north of Alghero booked. Just the car hire to finalise. The itinerary for Friday and Saturday appears to allow 4-5 stages viewing each day.
Weds- Monday so we can have a relaxed time before and after the action -Party time after the finish!
Not long to go, but I've got a week in Barca for the Spanish GP first.

MartijnS
23rd February 2015, 20:47
Booked too! Monday - Monday :)
Good itinerary, we stay at Alghero the whole week, but booked an extra hotel for thursday - friday, as its a big drive from Alghero friday morning and we have not much planned for thursday afternoon.

Mintexmemory
27th February 2015, 11:47
Booked too! Monday - Monday :)
Good itinerary, we stay at Alghero the whole week, but booked an extra hotel for thursday - friday, as its a big drive from Alghero friday morning and we have not much planned for thursday afternoon.

We're adopting a different approach on Thursday: Beach relaxing, early evening meal, lights out by 2100, early start Friday morning (0400 alarm). See Ghrigine Sud then back northwards for the remainder of the day (another 3 stages at least).

AL14
27th February 2015, 14:55
I highly recommend SS7 Is aruttas. The landscape there is beautiful.

Mintexmemory
28th February 2015, 16:07
I highly recommend SS7 Is aruttas. The landscape there is beautiful.

Didn't someone say that SS7 is in doubt? Beautiful landscape but 2 passes at SS6/8

AL14
28th February 2015, 17:25
Didn't someone say that SS7 is in doubt? Beautiful landscape but 2 passes at SS6/8

Yes it is, the mayor of the town hosting SS7 doesn't want to allow it but it's rumored that inhabitants disagree with him, it is still in doubt but it seems that probably the mayor will allow it.

Mintexmemory
28th February 2015, 19:33
Yes it is, the mayor of the town hosting SS7 doesn't want to allow it but it's rumored that inhabitants disagree with him, it is still in doubt but it seems that probably the mayor will allow it.

So does each commune have control over the use of local roads? It's a departement matter in France and National government / forestry commission matter in UK, the locals usualy don't get a say in the matter.

AL14
28th February 2015, 22:54
Well I don't know how it works exactly but I guess they need some kind of authorization from the commune, maybe not for the stage itself but for the use of other roads, or maybe it has a say regarding safety and that kind of stuff. Hope they'll find an agreement though but it won't be a big problem, there are 24 PS covering 400kms, a dozen less is not an issue.

Mirek
28th February 2015, 23:09
So does each commune have control over the use of local roads? It's a departement matter in France and National government / forestry commission matter in UK, the locals usualy don't get a say in the matter.

I don't know how in Italy but here in CZ the locals have a lot to say and it's very common problem that they don't give permission. That's one of the reasons why the rallies are gradually shrinking here.

rallyeati
2nd March 2015, 09:31
Hi! I really looking forward to this rally :) Could you offer me some good places in the stages? Are there any possibilites to drive one stage to another to see the big guys as much as possible?

Livewireshock
2nd March 2015, 11:02
I am trying my best to fly across from Australia for this event. Have found somewhere to stay in Alghero and like most others, figuring out what flights/ferry is best. I am really looking forward to it, pending on my work changing dramatically. Afterwards I'll head to Donegal International Rally and ERC Ypres Rally before squeezing in Rally Poland before going to China for the best event there in Zhangye.

Mk2 RS2000
3rd March 2015, 06:59
Flights booked, guess closer to the event a few of us could organise a catch up somewhere easy to find around Alghero before and/or after the event.

Doon
3rd March 2015, 08:45
Got my trip booked. Unfortunately, we are flying home on the Saturday as this is part of our summer holiday. Oh well, better make the most of Shakedown and Day 1!

Livewireshock
6th March 2015, 04:34
Flights booked, guess closer to the event a few of us could organise a catch up somewhere easy to find around Alghero before and/or after the event.

I'll second that motion! Would be good to catch up with others here.

Mintexmemory
7th March 2015, 12:28
I'll second that motion! Would be good to catch up with others here.

Service Park after shakedown? Bound to be a bar there, ok except for the designated driver! (Which for our party may very well be me!)

Allyc85
9th March 2015, 18:14
I am more than happy to do the driving after all you had to do at Monte :)

AL14
12th March 2015, 14:41
I'll be there, no need to book anything since my family lives in Sardinia. New route is a bit more far from when my family lives than last year but I'll be in the stages friday and saturday. I'm not sure about which stages to choose on friday, my goal is to be in SS7 but it's the only one that won't be repeated so I don't know if being there will make me loose time to see more stages..

On saturday things are a bit easier, Monti di Alà and Monte Lerno are two close stages, I think I will be in both and in both repetitions.
Of course if someone of you will be there I'll be very happy to share an Jchnusa (the sardinian beer) with you. :)

Mintexmemory
12th March 2015, 16:39
I'll be there, no need to book anything since my family lives in Sardinia. New route is a bit more far from when my family lives than last year but I'll be in the stages friday and saturday. I'm not sure about which stages to choose on friday, my goal is to be in SS7 but it's the only one that won't be repeated so I don't know if being there will make me loose time to see more stages..

On saturday things are a bit easier, Monti di Alà and Monte Lerno are two close stages, I think I will be in both and in both repetitions.
Of course if someone of you will be there I'll be very happy to share an Jchnusa (the sardinian beer) with you. :)

Great idea! In the interests of cordial international relations just keep off the subject of the current and, soon to be, 3 times World Champion.
Mirto and filu e ferru would also be acceptable party lubricants ;-)

AL14
12th March 2015, 16:46
Great idea! In the interests of cordial international relations just keep off the subject of the current and, soon to be, 3 times World Champion.
Mirto and filu e ferru would also be acceptable party lubricants ;-)

I really appreciate your enthusiasm and I can assure you my parents prepare each year an excellent homemade mirto!
But I really didn't understand the Ogier sentence. What do you mean? :)

Mintexmemory
12th March 2015, 22:25
I really appreciate your enthusiasm and I can assure you my parents prepare each year an excellent homemade mirto!
But I really didn't understand the Ogier sentence. What do you mean? :)

I actually like Ogier, I've found him to be generous with his time for the fans and that always impresses me.
So the fact he routinely complains when interviewed is something I don't mind. So if we agree not to discuss him then we'll be very amicable! I love Italy and Sardegna especially.

stefanvv
12th March 2015, 22:37
So if we agree not to discuss him

That might be difficult if at that time he pulls ahead double the points of his nearest competitor, complains about the direction of Sardinia's breeze, and people still wonder why is life so unfair.

Mintexmemory
12th March 2015, 22:39
Yes but at a shakedown or day 1 meet up there will still be the element of doubt about who the winner will be!

stefanvv
12th March 2015, 23:23
oh yeah, You never know, may be the car can make some challenge like 2013. I hope though there will be good competition, like in every event. Don't despair, he is just a man after all.....

AL14
12th March 2015, 23:43
I actually like Ogier, I've found him to be generous with his time for the fans and that always impresses me.
So the fact he routinely complains when interviewed is something I don't mind. So if we agree not to discuss him then we'll be very amicable! I love Italy and Sardegna especially.

LOL! I suspected you mean this but didn't want to believe. Although I find it strange is ok, I will still give you my parents mirto and we don't talk about Ogier ;)

Fly_Half
12th March 2015, 23:47
I've been twice, and the trip is worthwhile just for the Ichnusa!

Ounin
13th March 2015, 09:11
LOL! I suspected you mean this but didn't want to believe. Although I find it strange is ok, I will still give you my parents mirto and we don't talk about Ogier ;)

I'm reading this with utter jealousy and enviness because I've never been there and I would love to see a proper gravel rally (tarmac here in Benelux) but I see great opportunities here for proper blackmail : if Mr. mintexmemory loves the mirto and he wants another one, or a heavenly filu e ferru, he must say : " I hope ... doesn't win" or he will be very thirsty the rest of the evening...:smash:

AL14
13th March 2015, 10:03
I'm reading this with utter jealousy and enviness because I've never been there and I would love to see a proper gravel rally (tarmac here in Benelux) but I see great opportunities here for proper blackmail : if Mr. mintexmemory loves the mirto and he wants another one, or a heavenly filu e ferru, he must say : " I hope ... doesn't win" or he will be very thirsty the rest of the evening...:smash:
Haha good suggestion but I think I will chose the friendly approach. In Sardinia hospitality is a religion. And if you find a way to come there there will be for you as well :)

Mintexmemory
13th March 2015, 18:46
No problem... I hope Ogier doesn't win!!!
Now where's that bottle!

....Foiled your scheme, I'm English and Francophobia is our default position!!
We will all be behind Kris and Elfyn!!
I can make a distinction between admiration of skill and fanboydom!

Mk2 RS2000
13th March 2015, 20:05
I must say that the thought of sampling all these alcoholic beverages that are foreign to our tongue could make for an interesting time on the Island.

Naturally we will be supporting Hayden & JK.

AL14
13th March 2015, 21:12
No problem... I hope Ogier doesn't win!!!
Now where's that bottle!

....Foiled your scheme, I'm English and Francophobia is our default position!!
We will all be behind Kris and Elfyn!!
I can make a distinction between admiration of skill and fanboydom!

Francophobia is a default position everywhere in the world except France. :D
Actually everyone admire Ogier driving skills and personally I find his style very spectacular. So, I'm looking forward to see him live again.
Said that, I have mirto for everyone, including french people ;)

Duvel
17th March 2015, 21:05
Yes!, couple of days ago ik said to my girlfriend, lets visit rally Sardenga again. Now we have just booked our flights!

Thursday evening until sunday morning, so short, but thanks to a good intenary, rally pakked 2 days.

Service in Alghero is so much nicer than it was in Olbia, only hope they get a decent big screen this time. The video wall from last year was a very good idea, live opening special but really bad quality.

Any tips of locals on cheapest rental cars?

Really looking forward to this one! Hope Hyundai can give the engine some extra bhp before Sardenga, so Neuvi can go VW hunting!

Fly_Half
19th March 2015, 23:05
Any tips of locals on cheapest rental cars?

Speaking from experience, I would avoid the cheaper local car hire firms. Last year one of them attempted to extort nearly £2k from us by claiming we had damaged the vehicle. Luckily one of the guys had the presence of mind to photograph the car when we picked it up, so we caught them out.

MartijnS
20th March 2015, 10:16
Not only the local ones. We had a car from Avis last year, lost the license plate and they charged 500 euro for it. Police found the plate and brought it back, but they 'forgot' to send us the 500 euro back. Took about half a year to get it back.

Hartusvuori
20th March 2015, 12:21
Not only the local ones. We had a car from Avis last year, lost the license plate and they charged 500 euro for it. Police found the plate and brought it back, but they 'forgot' to send us the 500 euro back. Took about half a year to get it back.

Last year after Germany Avis tried to charge us over 200 euros for cleaning the car. All it had was some dirt and hays in the foot compartment. We had the car for 9 days so after that it can't be as cleas as after a few days rental and we could've cleaned that up in 30 seconds had we known it would cause weeks of distress and exchange of emails. Of course they sent the bill for us two weeks after the rental ended, not when we dropped back the car. In short = No Avis Ever Again.

Leon
20th March 2015, 12:35
You should spread all these negative experiences through different means .....

tommeke_B
20th March 2015, 15:11
I have experience with Hertz and Europcar in Sardinia (and other events/places). Good experiences with both, in fact. With Hertz we never had issues, although sometimes the car was dirty and there was always something not right (scratches, something in the windscreen, damage to the bottom part of bumper etc). With Europcar we once returned our rental with several scratches, a hole in the rear bumper and a damaged windscreen, but never heard anything from it. I think you need a bit of luck. Also a brand new car will be checked more than one that already has some issues. We always take the extra insurance (SCDW it's called, I think). It costs maybe 100 to 125 euros, but if you divide it by 4 it's nothing compared to the problems (and possibly euros) it can save you. Anyway, still have a good look at the contract of the rental and the insurance. In most cases the interior and bottom of the car are not insured, in some cases also tyres and windscreens aren't taken in the insurance. There are cheaper insurances you can take when renting a car, sometimes from a different company (like Allianz). The rental company let's you pay and then you have to reclaim to the insurance company you chose. But I heard some bad things about it and don't trust it...

Mintexmemory
21st March 2015, 00:04
Eurocar were very reliable and easy to do business with both in Sardinia and Nice

Duvel
22nd March 2015, 14:09
This year we wil rent from locauto. Not a big company but friendly people, contacted via or hotel.
I think a rental car always is a bit of a gamble, so we just have to wait and see.

Something else, can we expect some extra WRC drivers/cars in Sardinia, or only the regular championship competitors.
I know Pedersolli did compete a few time's, what about the "privateer" Italian Hyundai?

A bit of a shame sow few local drivers compete in WRC rounds. I know there is budget issue most of the time, but would be great to see Galli, Basso, or Rossetti compete for a WRC one shot for instance.

Mintexmemory
23rd March 2015, 11:51
Something else, can we expect some extra WRC drivers/cars in Sardinia, or only the regular championship competitors.
I know Pedersolli did compete a few time's, what about the "privateer" Italian Hyundai?

A bit of a shame sow few local drivers compete in WRC rounds. I know there is budget issue most of the time, but would be great to see Galli, Basso, or Rossetti compete for a WRC one shot for instance.

Is the event running with a round of the Italian championship running between the morning and afternoon WRC itinerary, as in previous years? If so that's where Rosetti, Basso etc will be.

AL14
23rd March 2015, 13:19
Is the event running with a round of the Italian championship running between the morning and afternoon WRC itinerary, as in previous years? If so that's where Rosetti, Basso etc will be.

Nope, this year Rally Sardinia will not be part of the CIR unfortunately.

tommeke_B
20th May 2015, 09:53
https://scontent-bru2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xft1/t31.0-8/10556935_811361108948312_5937575015014240915_o.jpg

Entry list for Sardinia. :)

AL14
20th May 2015, 10:00
Very nice! Can't wait

Mintexmemory
20th May 2015, 10:34
Be good to see how the WRC2 guys do against Ucci!!

liposh
20th May 2015, 10:38
Looking forward to see Kopecky´s pace against those "young guns". I know he won´t be the fastest one, but I think last year´s asian mission moved him forward.

mousti
20th May 2015, 10:57
Scandola still with Fabia S2000? Comeback of Harry Hunt..

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 5 met Tapatalk

Livewireshock
20th May 2015, 12:47
I can't wait to see all of these cars in action for my first European rally experience.

hype
20th May 2015, 13:56
I visited Rally Sardinia in 2006 and 2007 and it was awesome.
Can't wait to go there again next month :D

Atob WRC
20th May 2015, 20:52
Hello everybody!!

Here I leave our video from 2013 edition.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSBntkHwRB8

This year we will return to this beautifull island for 7th time.

Any question don´t hesitate to comment!

Best regards.

Florin
22nd May 2015, 11:56
Day 1 Friday ,how many stage it's possible to see?big jump for photos,which stage?Thank you

MartijnS
22nd May 2015, 12:07
4, maybe 5.

Florin
22nd May 2015, 12:17
How it's possible to see 4?to see 4 stage in one day it's a dream rally day!!

Mintexmemory
22nd May 2015, 13:23
How it's possible to see 4?to see 4 stage in one day it's a dream rally day!!

Our schedule for Friday
SS2 - leave after WRC cars
SS5 - See all entrants
SS6 - Leave after WRC Cars
SS7 - Leave after WRC Cars
SS10 - See WRC and WRC 2 (twilight stage so lights will be on!)

Long day but should be fantastic

Coiluna stage has 2 jumps and Monte Lerno too - both Saturday

AL14
22nd May 2015, 13:48
My schedule is ss2 ss5, ss6, ss10. Going to ss7 is too much (even if it will be the most beautiful stage of the rally), I will have other 4 stages to see the day after (where there will be 2 reapeted stages very close to each other)

Florin
22nd May 2015, 14:59
Thank u all.i leave my car at tarmac road.long distance to walk?or enter with car on gravel road?

Mintexmemory
22nd May 2015, 17:14
Florin, Enter on the gravel roads and be careful - use street view / Google Earth as much as possible. Most spectator points are too far to walk unless you park somewhere that you are locked in until all the competitors have passed.
Al 14 you are possibly correct about my proposals but we are convinced 5 stages is possible provided the spectator access is chosen carefully.

AL14
22nd May 2015, 17:21
Florin, Enter on the gravel roads and be careful - use street view / Google Earth as much as possible. Most spectator points are too far to walk unless you park somewhere that you are locked in until all the competitors have passed.
Al 14 you are possibly correct about my proposals but we are convinced 5 stages is possible provided the spectator access is chosen carefully.

Your itinerary is more than possible. I don't go to SS7 because I don't want to make it too tiring. :)

Florin
22nd May 2015, 22:49
What is the day with shakedown.and where is the location?i thing it`s thursday.but location?

Mintexmemory
23rd May 2015, 10:40
What is the day with shakedown.and where is the location?i thing it`s thursday.but location?

http://www.rallyitaliasardegna.com/en

This site has the lot. Nearer the event it will probably have spectator access routes

jbmarcus21
24th May 2015, 18:45
SS7 is shortened .. update itinerary + google earth map => http://bit.ly/1Fzhp6d

Livewireshock
26th May 2015, 09:37
SS7 is shortened .. update itinerary + google earth map => http://bit.ly/1Fzhp6d
Thank you for the update

Mintexmemory
29th May 2015, 01:48
Ok finalising itineraries so 2 questions for those with the knowledge (I don't want to wait until the spectator access information is released)
1. There is a section where Monte di Ala and Monte Lerno run very close to each other. Is this area accessible by car, if so does anyone have directions.
2. Where on M. Lerno (lat / long) is Micky's Jump?
Thanks in advance for any help

Livewireshock
29th May 2015, 03:01
I have also checked this out but it looks like you would need to arrive early and be prepared to be locked in. There is even Google Street View for this area which is helpful. However any access would be my minor tracks and roads.

MartijnS
29th May 2015, 07:59
I think it's possible to get there from the north. Streetview till a few km before the stage so I guess we'll be okay ;)

AL14
29th May 2015, 09:07
There will be huge crowd on that area :)
I will avoid it, I'llcome from south and look for a nice spot going toward that section but not reaching it. Let's say two kilometers far from there. Then, during the last 10-20 cars I'll begin to walk north and maybe find a way between bushes before there and reach Monte Lerno.

Sorry but I don't know where the jump is exactly.

CWJ
29th May 2015, 09:30
1. There is a section where Monte di Ala and Monte Lerno run very close to each other. Is this area accessible by car
2. Where on M. Lerno (lat / long) is Micky's Jump?
Thanks in advance for any help

1) last two years from north only by proper 4x4 with a lot of ground clearance

2) north of lago lerno, 40.603026, 9.180152

Mintexmemory
29th May 2015, 10:56
Thank you everyone - Looks like we will do Crastazza jump on the second run of Coiluna. 5 stages definite on Friday including SS7 and 4 definite on Saturday starting with the early morning motocross track stage.

AL14
29th May 2015, 11:09
Ss5-6 appears to be a nice stage. The finish is near the start. So it will be possibile to watch car and drivers on the road section between the two runs

Florin
31st May 2015, 17:01
Ss 5-6 it's good for pictures?

AL14
31st May 2015, 17:35
Ss 5-6 it's good for pictures?

I can't judge if it's good but some sections are visible on google maps and they don't seem too much good for pictures but don't take me seriously on that :)

START (cars will go on the direction you see and not towards you): http://bit.ly/1AD0MbT
CORNER NEAR THE FINISH (cars come from left): http://bit.ly/1HXItR7
FINISH: (cars come towards you) http://bit.ly/1HEdQL3

Doon
1st June 2015, 08:56
Is there any info for Shakedown? I cant find any on the website. Is it North-West of Algerho.

I was planning to visit SS5/SS6, but as it's such a short stage isn't it going to be mega busy? Anyone have any knowledge of the 1st one on Saturday morning, looks like a small track.

MartijnS
1st June 2015, 09:19
Shakedown same as last year.
Its some kind of circuit the first stage on Saturday.

Mintexmemory
1st June 2015, 10:24
Shakedown same as last year.
Its some kind of circuit the first stage on Saturday.

Look on Google earth - has to be motocross.
So our Itinerary is
Thursday - WRC /WRC2 Shakedown, Service Park for 2 hours
Friday SS2, SS4, SS7, SS8, SS10
Sat SS11, SS13, SS15, SS18
Sun SS20/22, Service Park for Podium
....not long now!!

Livewireshock
1st June 2015, 13:13
I am also getting keen to arrive in Sardinia for this. Although I have no idea of where I'll go on the stages yet.

306 Cosworth
1st June 2015, 18:37
So envious of those going this year. I loved my visit last year, and will definitely be back, providing it stays on the island

AL14
2nd June 2015, 13:55
SS guide available on the website. No pictures like last year unfortunately http://www.rallyitaliasardegna.com/en/guide-to-ss
BTW, I will seek some spot outside spectators area except for some stage.

AL14
2nd June 2015, 17:12
Look on Google earth - has to be motocross.
So our Itinerary is
Thursday - WRC /WRC2 Shakedown, Service Park for 2 hours
Friday SS2, SS4, SS7, SS8, SS10
Sat SS11, SS13, SS15, SS18
Sun SS20/22, Service Park for Podium
....not long now!!

How can you go from SS7 to SS8? it is 1 hour driving and it starts 1 hour later.

Duvel
2nd June 2015, 18:27
Is there a water splash on ss7? according to the info about spectactorpoint 19 it seems so. Cant find it on Google maps wher this could be.

Also there are two jumps on the Coiluna stage, which is best? zone 30 or 31.

Its a action packed timing, but will be close to see 5 ss on both days. We wont be driving 2 hours to see the cars on a dirtbike track, rather go searching for good spots on real stages.

Mintexmemory
2nd June 2015, 20:58
We will just watch the WRC cars through and drive to the point in SS8 accessed from Villaurbana (56mins) which is about 8 minutes into the stage -leaves 10 minutes to get to see Ogier! It's the tightest interval of the whole rally so we may just watch the first 10 at SS7

skarderud
2nd June 2015, 21:51
Anders grøndal has withdrawn from rally Sardinia. He will do the recce, but not the rally. Nothing more that this in his News. PH sport fucked up his Ds3 R5?

Edit: the team couldn't deliver his car in time.

AL14
3rd June 2015, 00:53
We will just watch the WRC cars through and drive to the point in SS8 accessed from Villaurbana (56mins) which is about 8 minutes into the stage -leaves 10 minutes to get to see Ogier! It's the tightest interval of the whole rally so we may just watch the first 10 at SS7

Ok, but if you look the first 10 cars you have to get there in 30 minutes not 56. Am I wrong?

I wanted to go to SS4-7-10 but I can't find a proper spot on SS4-10, the stage is visible on google street view but it's difficult to find a proper spot. The spectators area keep you too much far from the road and visibility is not that good. Have you already an idea where to go? We could meet there for mirto :)

MartijnS
3rd June 2015, 09:23
There's 90 minutes between 7 and 8.
I think we only do 10 and go to the zone 12 and walk from there. Not many other possibilities on that stage indeed. Looks cool the tight part to the end, but you can't get there/stand anywhere.

Mintexmemory
3rd June 2015, 12:51
Ok, but if you look the first 10 cars you have to get there in 30 minutes not 56. Am I wrong?

I wanted to go to SS4-7-10 but I can't find a proper spot on SS4-10, the stage is visible on google street view but it's difficult to find a proper spot. The spectators area keep you too much far from the road and visibility is not that good. Have you already an idea where to go? We could meet there for mirto :)

As Martin said
SS7 start 16.03
SS7 Zone19 ca. 16.10
10 cars gone 16.30
57 min to park at SS8 - 1727
SS8 start 1733
SS8 at 23km point ca. 1743

Are spectators are forbidden outside the published zones? Nothing says they are.
For SS4 / 10 I believe there is a crest which may be a jump at (or just after) zone 11.
I thought of going there for SS4. For SS7 if you look on street view there is raised ground to see a fast curve and 2 straights about 1km after zone 12. We think that will be impressive with light pods on the cars!

AL14
3rd June 2015, 13:37
Oh ok, 90 minutes between stages, not 60.
Very nice, I'll think of it. But I won't go two times on SS4-10, maybe just the second pass.
At the beginning of the stage there should be a nice fast spot a bit up hill and if there is not too much trees you should see a good portion of stage. The narrow part is very nice indeed, but me too I noticed there aren't safe places where to stay unfortunately.

I'm a bit disappointed about SS5-6 spectators area are so bad, you must stay 20 meters from the street and I fear, being a short stage that they won't allow you to stay elsewhere. I think will try to avoid it.
I don't think in other stages is forbidden to stay outside spectators zone. I hope they will act as they always did so far without any accident in so many years.

Mintexmemory
3rd June 2015, 17:21
Of course all schedules will need to be revised if the interval between cars is increased to 3 mins because of dust!!

Florin
4th June 2015, 17:10
Road to spectator acces ruinas-3 it.s tarmac or gravel?thank you

tommeke_B
5th June 2015, 09:41
Road to spectator acces ruinas-3 it.s tarmac or gravel?thank you

Except for the last few 100m it's tarmac. All spectator access roads described by the organizer are easy to drive on. ;)
Also on the road towards spectator point 4, where you see the 23,55km mark on the map, there's a nice situation that's easy to reach (also tarmac road towards it I think). A fast left-right combination, the second corner is a little slower than the first, but still very fast.

http://www.rally-image.be/foto/0217/images/019.jpg

Livewireshock
5th June 2015, 09:44
I will begin my journey to Sardinia tomorrow. Will be great to organize a get together on the Wednesday or Thursday night. I am staying next to Regroup at the Service Park in Alghero.

tommeke_B
5th June 2015, 09:56
Is there any "get-together" planned then? The 'Maracaibo' coctail bar at the beach a few hundred meters north of service is a good place. :p

Livewireshock
5th June 2015, 09:57
I am up for it. Not knowing the place, I am keen to meet as many of the people I've chatted with on this forum from Europe.

tommeke_B
5th June 2015, 10:20
It would be nice to meet somewhere indeed. I'm traveling with some friends, so never really sure where we'll end up. But if anything is planned here I'll keep it in my mind and try to get there.

Livewireshock
5th June 2015, 10:23
I'll naturally suggest Wednesday night, because things always start getting busier from then on.

tommeke_B
5th June 2015, 11:08
Anyone else who is interested? I'm not sure about our planning yet, too early to say.

@Livewireshock, you're doing other European events as well I think?

AL14
5th June 2015, 11:25
Unfortunately it will not be possible for me doing anything before friday because of busy work and since I will be based on north east of Sardinia, far from Alghero.
But I hope to meet some of you in the stages. Our itineraries will coincide somewhere! :)

Livewireshock
5th June 2015, 12:39
Yes, in order to make the most of the trip, I have 5 rallies in 6 weekends. Italy, Ireland, Belgium, Poland and then back to China.

Doon
5th June 2015, 12:48
Anyone flying out tomorrow from the UK?

Florin
5th June 2015, 16:20
Thank you!!

tommeke_B
5th June 2015, 20:44
Yes, in order to make the most of the trip, I have 5 rallies in 6 weekends. Italy, Ireland, Belgium, Poland and then back to China.

Great! If we don't meet in Sardinia there's still Ypres and Poland left... ;)

CWJ
5th June 2015, 20:57
Anyone else who is interested?

Me!

I'm in Alghero from Wednesday.

Also in Ypres Poland Neste Germany Barum and and and...

Mk2 RS2000
5th June 2015, 22:19
We arrive on Wednesday, flight arrives at 7.10pm. Staying at Hotel'Angedras' Via'Frank'2' Alghero,'07041,'Italy'

Livewireshock
5th June 2015, 22:52
So just a welcoming get together in Alghero on Wednesday night? Someone who actually knows Alghero should choose a venue. No pressures on timings, whenever until late.

CWJ
5th June 2015, 23:11
Maracaibo is fine for the afternoon in the sun... and afterwards you have 5 pairs of sunglases more...

In the evening we should prefer main place near the harbour f.e.

bar focacceria Il Milese
Via Giuseppe Garibaldi, 11

Livewireshock
6th June 2015, 02:27
That sounds good to me. We might as make it that for drinks after dinner for those who want to and to allow for others flying in.

Duvel
6th June 2015, 07:16
Is there anyone how nkows if the sss Cagliari wil be shown live on big screen again at the Alghero Service parc?
We arrive only Thursday evening, normaly just in time to watch the sss but wil there be a screen again?

jbmarcus21
6th June 2015, 10:28
VW prepares Sardegna http://planetemarcus.com/vw-motorsport-en-route-pour-le-wrc-sardaigne-2015/

Huge thanks to wrcphoto.it

Mintexmemory
7th June 2015, 09:54
Will the Cagliari stage be on local terrestrial? We're staying at Platamona in a beach villa but if it's not available on TV or free on computer but is on the screen at SP it would be worth the drive.

AL14
7th June 2015, 11:01
Everything is ready, today I will fly for Sardinia.

Can't reach you in Alghero but let me know where you go in the stages, maybe our itinerary will coincide, I think for example the zone 20 in SS7 is a nice solution if you want to go to SS8 or SS9 afterwards.

hype
7th June 2015, 16:04
Is SS1 worth going all the way down to Cagliari?

MartijnS
7th June 2015, 16:20
No

tommeke_B
7th June 2015, 16:36
Also you have to buy a 25 euro entry ticket just for the Cagliari stage! All the other stages of the event have free entry. I think they do it just because last year it was completely overcrowded.

hype
7th June 2015, 17:00
Yeah I just saw that it costs 25 euro... I'm probably not going there.
Better have a look around Alghero on Thursday after shakedown.

dimviii
7th June 2015, 17:14
Colin Clark ‏@voiceofrally
Skoda R5s almost looking like they are in Safari spec with insanely high suspension! All to do with the arches!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CG5x6tVWoAAtuD9.jpg

Mirek
7th June 2015, 18:04
They used very high suspension with the S2000 sometimes as well (Sibiu or Cyprus come to my mind). I think it has a lot to do with the generally very soft setup. Let's see if it works...

dimviii
8th June 2015, 14:17
https://scontent-ams2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/7107_831003200288161_6695301098996222711_n.jpg?oh= 3c4ea0a3edfce38a7fec6bb63c6b66b2&oe=55E73F8E

RS
8th June 2015, 16:11
Ewww, do you have to post offensive photographs Dimviii? :p

dimviii
8th June 2015, 16:23
why offensive,because of bmw?

RS
8th June 2015, 16:31
Yes..

Is it Hyundai that use these?

mousti
8th June 2015, 18:58
Lefebvre with DS3 RRC instead than with the DS3 R5

dimviii
8th June 2015, 19:11
Yes..

Is it Hyundai that use these?

yeap

RS
8th June 2015, 20:35
Lefebvre with DS3 RRC instead than with the DS3 R5

Any reason given?

dimviii
8th June 2015, 20:41
Sardegna recce from Andreucci lol

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CG_y5rxWoAIweHz.jpg

Tomanek
https://scontent-ams3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtf1/v/t1.0-9/10421506_705885246184533_8268782522637006926_n.jpg ?oh=af7b04afc344813d73bdd848105dcce0&oe=563365F5

bluuford
8th June 2015, 23:16
Big temperature contrasts due to cold sea and warm air on the island.. Maybe more on Friday.. I expect +33..+35 degrees on Thursday and Friday afternoon... huge test for cars and drivers as well... As well for spectators.. take a lot of water with you and some kind of sunshade... this is the hottest event in recent years... no soft tyres for Ogier this time.. I guess.

Mintexmemory
8th June 2015, 23:47
Sunscreen and straw hat ready!!! But some rain forecast to keep the dust down!

I know it maybe a rally of attrition but I am always like a small child when I'm preparing to travel to an event (ridiculous for a 60 y.o.!)

AL14
9th June 2015, 00:35
Lol are you 60? I imagined you like a 22 yo kid :D

Btw, yes, here in sardinia huge hail today. Some forecast says it will rain on saturday, some on friday but most of them says mostly cloudy. I predict a lot of drama in any case, Ogier will open the road only on friday, on saturday more or less 5 cars will be under rally2 and he will win again.
Let's see.

Mintexmemory
9th June 2015, 01:08
The guys I am with are all below 30 years (22, 24, 29) - I just happen to be living my life back to front!
We will be at Service Park between 1130 -1430 on Thursday
SS2 at the 23.55 km mark
SS4 Zone 11
SS7 Zone 19 (must get a sea view photo!)
SS8 Zone 4
SS10 Zone 12 (down the stage to the next bend)

SS15 near the church at the start
SS18 Zone 30 I think but we will update when we have a wifi connection on Friday.

Will definitely be in SP for the Champagne spraying!

Look for an old guy in a straw hat I'll have my St George flag too

cercle
9th June 2015, 15:55
Does someone knows if this splash is still in this years edition?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeBBdgaZ0Ws

According to the spectator guide this year there should be a splash on stage 7-point 19 +
stage 12-point 25 and stage 14-point 39

pantealex
9th June 2015, 16:19
http://www.rallyitaliasardegna.com/public/2015/pdf/Documenti_TRT-TRN/entry_list_trt-trn.pdf

only 1 pair outside Italy, Evkeny Cherkasov (RUS) - Mikko Lukka (FIN)

MartijnS
9th June 2015, 17:35
Does someone knows if this splash is still in this years edition?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeBBdgaZ0Ws

Yes, spot 25 in the other direction.
No hail in Alghero yesterday, saw the dark clouds though!
Today we went to the FIM Rally Sardegna, nice to see the top Dakar motor guys like Coma, Fariah, Walkner etc drive :) today they used parts of stage 2 of Friday! Drove that stage too, some really rough parts, last part before the hairpin right is really nice.

Livewireshock
9th June 2015, 17:37
I am hopping on the ferry tonight and can't wait to get to Sardinia tomorrow morning. Getting keen for lots of action.

TWRC
9th June 2015, 20:37
Any reason given?
Official press says that it is to start the accomodation process with the car prior to his starts with the WRC.

Duvel
10th June 2015, 06:26
Yes, spot 25 in the other direction.
No hail in Alghero yesterday, saw the dark clouds though!
Today we went to the FIM Rally Sardegna, nice to see the top Dakar motor guys like Coma, Fariah, Walkner etc drive :) today they used parts of stage 2 of Friday! Drove that stage too, some really rough parts, last part before the hairpin right is really nice.

Acces to zone 25, you think it is possible whit normal road car? I presume the only way to get there is by passing Tandalo, its a long off road trip then, anyone ho knows this route?

MartijnS
10th June 2015, 10:14
Don't know yet!

CWJ
10th June 2015, 14:09
i gonna check zone 25 road from north tomorrow. let you know... think you will need proper 4x4 as last years to that piont.

AL14
10th June 2015, 15:02
Zone 25 is on my list :) I'm wondering if we can reach other zones near there and go walking.

Fast Eddie WRC
10th June 2015, 16:24
Citroen's ready already !

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CHJIypBW0AAJ6cO.jpg:large

dimviii
10th June 2015, 18:05
https://scontent-bru2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xta1/v/t1.0-9/11401232_492392257575852_4899150480033346903_n.jpg ?oh=6a1390fe343cf7d5f3cef6f71b4018df&oe=5633DDFA
https://scontent-bru2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xaf1/v/t1.0-9/11402820_492392327575845_1981973788316494750_n.jpg ?oh=d9d2ca77bed41c0b5d882d1fe1aae630&oe=55EC9915
https://scontent-bru2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/10341703_492392290909182_6413921692816693512_n.jpg ?oh=ba2b1144f0a09874ec8ff03b7ea974e8&oe=55EEEB05

dimviii
10th June 2015, 19:38
arches old fabia vs new(overall wheel diameter asphalt/gravel is small)

https://scontent-ams3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xat1/v/t1.0-9/11403293_826665260721830_5316198046649177701_n.jpg ?oh=b31094233e207a0c638eedf20ef61c16&oe=55FA1088
https://scontent-ams3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xta1/v/t1.0-9/11401062_826665374055152_4426618949626797901_n.jpg ?oh=83018f2b17a27f6547115c261f438896&oe=5604B287

Mirek
10th June 2015, 20:00
Dimitris, be aware that the lower side window edge in the new Fabia is placed well below the window edge of the old car as result of overall lower bodyshell. That makes it look like the arches go more deep into the body.

dimviii
10th June 2015, 21:00
yes,but i just look from upper point of tyre to the upper of arch.The difference is big enough.

https://scontent-cdg2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtf1/t31.0-8/11415458_661778950623977_8140657158389209595_o.jpg

Fast Eddie WRC
10th June 2015, 21:11
DS3 RRC for Lefebvre in Italy ...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CHKOKYCWgAM6kR3.jpg:large

Fast Eddie WRC
10th June 2015, 21:34
Nice to see the Stage Times given the priority they deserve on the official site... :)

http://www.rallyitaliasardegna.com/en

Fast Eddie WRC
10th June 2015, 21:46
SS1 will be opened by two-time world champion Miki Biasion, covering one lap in a Abarth 695 Biposto:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CHJ_H9hWQAE3mp7.png:large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CHKZjsGWgAADzx_.jpg

Livewireshock
10th June 2015, 22:56
Just arrived today and have enjoyed every second so far. Meet lots of friends and characters already. It is shaping up to be a great time.

rage82
11th June 2015, 08:28
Some times from shakedown after 3-rd run:
1 Kris Meeke 3:27.6
2 Mads Ostberg 28.3
3 Ogier 28.5
4 Mikkelsen 31.3
5 Latvala 32.7

Livewireshock
11th June 2015, 08:46
Many of the WRC2 and lesser teams were not doing shakedown this morning due to the rough roads and prospect to simply damage their cars. Especially after being rutted up after 30 or 40 runs with the WRC cars.

thuGG
11th June 2015, 08:59
http://kibicrajdowy.pl/files/CHM0lddW4AESAQk.png

Fast Eddie WRC
11th June 2015, 10:49
Sordo fastest !

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CHNNr6SW0AAN4jj.jpg:large

makinen_fan
11th June 2015, 10:53
Latvala, Neuville and Meeke with right rear arch damage

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CHNJoLvW8AAC9gi.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CHNJoMBWMAAZWd5.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CHNOaD4WMAA3Xh7.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CHNRDOQWgAI5vBq.jpg

Fast Eddie WRC
11th June 2015, 10:53
SD jump of JML

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CHM0pHuXIAA60tu.jpg:large

Leon
11th June 2015, 10:57
Latvala, Neuville and Meeke with right rear arch damage

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CHNJoLvW8AAC9gi.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CHNJoMBWMAAZWd5.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CHNOaD4WMAA3Xh7.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CHNRDOQWgAI5vBq.jpg

Too much sideways :)

Fast Eddie WRC
11th June 2015, 11:26
Kubica SD jump slo-mo ...

https://twitter.com/cicles7/status/608892565656604672

Meeke

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CHM1YCzW8AAKqzM.jpg:large

Fast Eddie WRC
11th June 2015, 11:29
Dusty !

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CHNaLEtWgAAxbsQ.jpg:large

liposh
11th June 2015, 11:39
Those huge holes in Neuville´s car under the "Hyundai steel" sign are funny.

Fast Eddie WRC
11th June 2015, 12:13
SD Quotes:

Car #1 - S. Ogier / J. Ingrassia: "No problem. This surface was quite soft, very representative of race conditions. Car went well on hard tyres."

Car #2 - JM. Latvala / M. Anttila: "Car setup is ok, I went for hard tyres and I am very motivated."

Car #3 - K. Meeke / P.Nagle: "We set a very good time. Everything went well, a part from a little damage on the rear right tyre. It will be a very long and tough rally."

Car #4 - M. Ostberg / J. Andersson: "I experienced a very good feeling with the car. I tried hard and soft tyres and I am satysfied with my setup. Rally Italia Sardegna always is a very tough race but I like it and I feel good with the race and the island."

Car #6 - O. Tanak / R. Molder: "Everything went well, good feeling with the car. We had hard tyres but we could make different choices for the race. I feel confident, I love Rally Italia Sardegna and I even finished on podium three years ago."

Car #8 - D. Sordo / M. Marti: "It went well, shakedown was representative of the rally, Car setup is ok, we went for both hard and soft tyres. I am happy with my time and I am confident."

Car #9 - A. Mikkelsen / O. Floene: "I had some good loops, shakedown was very dusty and I tried different solutions mixing hard and soft tyres. We will see if we will repeat this during the race. Car is ok."

Car #14 - R. Kubica / M. Szczepaniak: "It was a very tough shakedown, with difficult conditions in its final part. Everything went well and car setup is ok. We tried new solutions and they worked in the right way. As per the tyres, with Pirelli we have only hard tyres."

Car #37 - L. Bertelli / L. Granai: they experienced an engine overheating in his third loop.

Car #32 - S. Lefebvre / S. Prevot: "First time on the Regional Car. It is another car than R5's, but here I can not understand the real difference between them."

Car #42 - N. Al-Attiyah / M. Baumel: they are using Michelin again after they used Pirelli in Rally Portugal.

noel157
11th June 2015, 13:16
WRC.com Tweeting (with pictures no less) about sandwiches for M-Sport team....
Cutting edge news from them as usual.

Fast Eddie WRC
11th June 2015, 13:17
Tanak

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CHNt1rCUAAA35Sv.jpg:large

Fast Eddie WRC
11th June 2015, 13:20
Jari-Matti Latvala: "When I won in Portugal I felt that 30 kg left my shoulders... So here I come a bit more relaxed and it’s good". :)

MartijnS
11th June 2015, 13:21
Few of my shots:

https://scontent-mxp1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xft1/v/t1.0-9/11391286_848297251924912_7921750280500307315_n.jpg ?oh=a246dc0c96cd954a683794a9c4e3d25f&oe=55EEB682

https://scontent-mxp1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xat1/v/t1.0-9/11139403_848315358589768_943480623333204957_n.jpg? oh=77e1b7c1a8bf6fe9b4511b5cc35a8748&oe=55ED52F7

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xft1/v/t1.0-9/11427203_848327448588559_1031744471103093987_n.jpg ?oh=f0c7869fda6d592ddd90fa1fe15f45a9&oe=55EC6CA7&__gda__=1446145069_9d1b41ce7b5b569e6ecac8bc2d774dc 5

Some more at: https://www.facebook.com/rallymedia
Also a slowmo vid of Kubica ,longer video rendering now, will be only later today :)

https://www.facebook.com/rallymedia/videos/vb.102597653161546/848308475257123/?type=2&theater

Jafry
11th June 2015, 13:25
More photos from shake HERE: http://www.rally-mania.cz/photogallery.php?id=1363

JoostSchouten
11th June 2015, 14:00
My video of the shakedown is online!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydCm8yjxRiY

http://i58.tinypic.com/2vl8v9l.jpg (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydCm8yjxRiY)

AL14
11th June 2015, 14:31
Jari-Matti Latvala: "When I won in Portugal I felt that 30 kg left my shoulders... So here I come a bit more relaxed and it’s good". :)

He always scares me when he says that. That's why he never won two rallys in a row. When he is self confident is when he will be disappointed. As always I hope to be wrong.

N.O.T
11th June 2015, 14:47
Latvala is not man enough that is his problem... he has the mentality of a 12 year old, only having shot term goals. It is sad because the speed is there.

Fast Eddie WRC
11th June 2015, 15:07
Delta S4 on display... :cool:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CHODRUwW0AEY09-.jpg:large

nafpaktos
11th June 2015, 15:45
http://i62.tinypic.com/w03sp4.jpg

Livewireshock
11th June 2015, 16:16
They have moved this car into the Old Town in front of Rally HQ with a Lancia 037 just down the road.

pantealex
11th June 2015, 16:25
Running orders:

www.rallyitaliasardegna.com/public/2015/pdf/Ordini_di_partenza/start_list_section_1.pdf today

www.rallyitaliasardegna.com/public/2015/pdf/Ordini_di_partenza/start_list_section_2.pdf friday

few non starters
WRC2 #33 Rendina evoX -medical
WRC2 #34 Giordano DS 3 R5
WRC2 #49 Gröndal DS 3 R5
WRC2 #75 Cronin DS 3 R5 (3x Citroen R5 withdrawn, interesting)
#82 Scandola Fabia S2000
#90 Bitti evo9
#91 Sassi evo9
#95 Cook Fiesta R2 -no money, no skills ;)

Mirek
11th June 2015, 16:36
I wonder which formula was used to determine the starting order into SSS. It has absolutely no logic at all :D

AL14
11th June 2015, 16:44
I know this may be a very stupid question but...Why is there no air conditioning in WRC cars?

Mirek
11th June 2015, 16:46
Because it takes power and has quite significant weight ;)

N.O.T
11th June 2015, 16:46
I know this may be a very stupid question but...Why is there no air conditioning in WRC cars?

there is if they want, some teams used it in greece a few years back.

Livewireshock
11th June 2015, 16:49
I wonder which formula was used to determine the starting order into SSS. It has absolutely no logic at all :D
I agree, I can not see the reasoning for much of this list.

dimviii
11th June 2015, 16:59
Jost nice spot mate!
Jafry nice photos.

this video plays at normal speed at yours?
ridicoulsly fast at me.Why?
https://youtu.be/_uqqLRXPP_0

dimviii
11th June 2015, 17:03
https://youtu.be/iMlyECzDjdQ

lol

https://scontent-cdg2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xft1/v/t1.0-9/11401251_832919576763190_8175651597356894195_n.jpg ?oh=42854206f7f841cc7de55fade1e39f6f&oe=562F77CB

dimviii
11th June 2015, 17:03
borl shake video
https://youtu.be/_FRW6V0JX18

dimviii
11th June 2015, 17:10
Those huge holes in Neuville´s car under the "Hyundai steel" sign are funny.
https://scontent-ams3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/v/t1.0-9/11401431_800722416712748_2777806719000346797_n.jpg ?oh=86ab7bdd21aed8f4cac889058d115143&oe=55FD1678
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CHNTy5NWkAEqwq3.png
https://scontent-ams3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtf1/v/t1.0-9/11391490_806312286084793_7689182909552128301_n.jpg ?oh=9e7eae035164f5fa15d7d17034702977&oe=56317DA6

dimviii
11th June 2015, 17:13
borl photos
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.847672758633976.1073741867.126042907463635&type=3

dimviii
11th June 2015, 17:16
Meeke trolling Ogier

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/119423?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Eli
11th June 2015, 17:18
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/119423 meeke telling ogier to stop complaining about road sweeping

dimviii
11th June 2015, 17:27
Julian Porter ‏@The_Rally_Guru
Special sandwiches for Robert Kubica, the difference is, Robert doesn't have butter on his.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CHOQ76sW0AEBcUD.jpg

WRC ‏@OfficialWRC
The crash helmets of @krismeeke & @paulnagle1, these @StiloOfficial helmets cost approximately €3500 each. #WRC
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CHN5BAcXIAAR8hf.jpg

Latvala said Ogier had made no direct apology for his comments. "No, not really. He said in the press conference [in Portugal] that he had all the respect for me, but there has been nothing really personal. I've said before Sebastien is the driver who has the biggest ambition to win. I've never ever seen anybody else like it - and when you know the person, when you know how he feels, you can understand it."

But while Latvala was playing down the significance of Ogier's words, Citroen's Kris Meeke weighed-in with his own verdict - branding Ogier's comments "completely disrespectful".

"We have had many world champions over the years, I don’t think we have seen anyone who has shown this amount of disrespect for other drivers," said Meeke.

"When someone beats you, you take your hat off - no matter what the circumstances. Being the best driver for two days of a three day rally does not win you the rally. Seb is old enough now to know that and it’s not nice for the sport to be saying those sort of things at the end of the stage."

http://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/june/ogier-comments-no-insult/page/2481--12-12-.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

focus206
11th June 2015, 17:51
Meeke trolling Ogier

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/119423?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Glad someone told him...

N.O.T
11th June 2015, 17:55
Ogier broke as a person when Loeb spoiled his party in France last year... now all is lost for him, his name will mean nothing to the people when he retires. it makes me sad between 7:35 and 7:43 each day...

dimviii
11th June 2015, 18:50
Νasser shake incar
https://youtu.be/V5a8b06fBp4

Mariusz
11th June 2015, 19:13
Is it really starting to rain at the SSS?

Fast Eddie WRC
11th June 2015, 19:46
Looooong suspension travel on the Skoda !

SkodaR5
11th June 2015, 19:53
any live stream free link !:rolleyes:

Fast Eddie WRC
11th June 2015, 20:36
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CHPV3gUWkAAAKD1.png:large

Mariusz
11th June 2015, 20:40
Nice stage result for Martin. Isn't it his first rally lead? :)

N.O.T
11th June 2015, 20:41
Is mrs bertelli ok ? shall we send the helicoters to pick her up ? its a long way back to service she might get bored...

SkodaR5
11th June 2015, 20:42
any news about Kopecky position ?

Mirek
11th June 2015, 20:48
any news about Kopecky position ?

He shall be now on stage. It looks like the stage gets dirty or something (I don't watch it) as the later runners seem to be slow.

SkodaR5
11th June 2015, 20:50
:p

lewalcindor
11th June 2015, 20:54
Is mrs bertelli ok ? shall we send the helicoters to pick her up ? its a long way back to service she might get bored...

It's Mrs. Prada. Bertelli can drive in WRC because he has Prada money backing him.

Fast Eddie WRC
11th June 2015, 21:01
He shall be now on stage. It looks like the stage gets dirty or something (I don't watch it) as the later runners seem to be slow.

The barriers have water in and one was hit and spilled water on the tightest part of the track ...

Kopecky 18th +10sec ...

WRC 2 TOP 5 AFTER SS1 [+ times compared to leader]:
1. Lappi (Skoda Fabia R5): 2:28.8, 2. Al-Attiyah (Ford Fiesta RRC): +2.2sec, 3. Protasov (Ford Fiesta RRC): +2.5s, 4. Andreucci (Peugeot 205 T16): +3.3s, 5. Kopecky (Skoda Fabia R5): +4.9s

N.O.T
11th June 2015, 21:05
It's Mrs. Prada. Bertelli can drive in WRC because he has Prada money backing him.

I Know its Mrs Prada i was referring to her daughter

dimviii
11th June 2015, 21:13
Sordo 10 sec penalty for jump start

i am VERY curious to see the Italian ''good'' one 208 how will cope with this tough long rally.http://www.petrolheads.gr/images/smilies/oldforum/ninja_hide.gif

EightGear
11th June 2015, 21:58
Are they really running a super special (SS11) on Saturday morning 7 AM? :D

dodge33cymru
11th June 2015, 22:02
Thanks for all the shakedown videos guys. Much more worthwhile watching than another pointless SSS1.

I never warmed to this event because it wasn't San Remo, but those look spectacular and I'm really looking forward to this one now, so thanks for doing a better job than WRC Promoter.

There is one proper live stage? Seriously? Despite the same stage being run 2 hours previously... Pathetic. Well, let's see if I remember to watch in the middle of Le Mans.

AL14
11th June 2015, 22:02
Sordo 10 sec penalty for jump start

i am VERY curious to see the Italian ''good'' one 208 how will cope with this tough long rally.http://www.petrolheads.gr/images/smilies/oldforum/ninja_hide.gif

Me too but I fear his Peugeot more than him.

lewalcindor
11th June 2015, 22:08
I Know its Mrs Prada i was referring to her daughter

Ah, I see. :)

Fast Eddie WRC
11th June 2015, 22:09
Another SD video ... https://youtu.be/Kcjwr5DgTCU :)

Sooooo much better than the annoying SS on TV, where all you can hear are the commentators ... :(

Fast Eddie WRC
11th June 2015, 22:14
S. Ogier : 'Tried to save the tyres for tomorrow, trying a mix of softs and hard is the way to go. With our road position we have to try something.'

He has to get it in at every interview... :rolleyes:

N.O.T
11th June 2015, 22:16
Mr Keiser is losing it...

AL14
11th June 2015, 22:57
I think this is gonna be similar to Argentina. New stages near Oristano are more rougher than the friday stages of the past...

nafpaktos
12th June 2015, 00:00
there is if they want, some teams used it in greece a few years back.also in safari

Livewireshock
12th June 2015, 00:57
The organisers could not even show the Super Special on the big screen in Alghero. They did not have the right transponder for the correct channel apparently. So we were entertained with an Athletics meet and repeated F1GP from Malaysia and China. In desperation, they then tried to get Lancia S4 to do some donuts but it was worth it. I was able to watch it on my tablet computer with a cafe's wifi, yet they could not display it on the big screen despite the crowd waiting for it.

bassist
12th June 2015, 01:30
S. Ogier : 'Tried to save the tyres for tomorrow, trying a mix of softs and hard is the way to go. With our road position we have to try something.'

He has to get it in at every interview... :rolleyes:

When is he going to give this a bloody rest? He is starting to devalue his wonderful talent. Aint gonna go down as one of the `greats` at this rate!

RAS007
12th June 2015, 03:29
When is he going to give this a bloody rest? He is starting to devalue his wonderful talent. Aint gonna go down as one of the `greats` at this rate!

He is a moaning bastard.

N.O.T
12th June 2015, 04:20
Maybe he got bullied in school when he was a tender boy and now he cannot control his emotions... do not be hard on him... bullying is wrong and traumatises kids.

but on a serious note i think if he keeps this up, the point where negative publicity starts to harm VW is close.

dodge33cymru
12th June 2015, 07:34
Moaning a lot in public has never cost Hamilton in F1 (to pick one example). And if Ogier does go, he'll have no shortage of offers.

I'm in the middle here; it is a bit strange to see him harping on about it quite so much, but I do completely agree with his point and I can understand that without him bringing it up a lot there's little chance of it getting overturned (it's not like anyone else is moaning, because they ALL benefit from it). I suspect that he will cease when it comes to the tarmac rounds and the pendulum swings to his favour though.

CWJ
12th June 2015, 08:05
SP25 on saturday access is only possible via the stage. no way from north even by 4x4 because of very narrow bush tracks 3km before the stage.

12th June 2015, 08:06
Apparently it's raining or has been? Plays into Ogier's hands

bluuford
12th June 2015, 08:11
Some heavy thuderstorms overnight.. very isolated. Not sure if it is benefit. Top sand gets wet and it will be swept away. Very hot ground and high temperature as well.

12th June 2015, 08:13
Ok thanks - find out very soon!

Livewireshock
12th June 2015, 08:20
SS2 is go..............

wwbroe
12th June 2015, 08:32
Meeke stopped in stage?

wwbroe
12th June 2015, 08:34
Colin Clark is saying they had a lot of rain overnight, no dust whatever when cars are coming trough. I think Ogier will be lucky on this one, thanks to the overnight rain.

wwbroe
12th June 2015, 08:38
Neuville not moving on WRC+?

wwbroe
12th June 2015, 08:41
Meeke went off and suspension broken.:(

Livewireshock
12th June 2015, 08:42
So sad to hear Meeke is out already

wwbroe
12th June 2015, 08:45
No news about Neuville, but still not moving...

wwbroe
12th June 2015, 08:47
Interesting tyrechoice by Latvalla, three hard tyres and one soft..

wwbroe
12th June 2015, 08:48
Great time for Sordo, only little sec behind Ogier.

wwbroe
12th June 2015, 08:50
Neuville is trough apparently, alltough he is still standing still on WRC+, not the greatest time by him.

Fast Eddie WRC
12th June 2015, 08:54
Meeke out already... gutted. :(

wwbroe
12th June 2015, 08:56
Fastest time by Paddon, what a great drive by Haydon

Fast Eddie WRC
12th June 2015, 08:57
Great run by Sordo... he seems to like it here...

Livewireshock
12th June 2015, 08:58
Hayden the new leader!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!! Go you good thing

eib1
12th June 2015, 09:17
Meeke off
https://www.facebook.com/304943716370639/videos/391922451006098/?fref=nf

wwbroe
12th June 2015, 09:19
Meeke off

That is fast, so he actually rolled the car, pitty that he is out allready.

wwbroe
12th June 2015, 09:21
Great time by Lappi in his Skoda, beating Nasser by 16.7 sec.

Mirek
12th June 2015, 09:36
Meeke off

It looks completely dry on the video.

wwbroe
12th June 2015, 09:37
Paulo Andreucci is flying trough the stage, even faster the Lappi, let's see if he can make it to the end.

wwbroe
12th June 2015, 09:38
Have a look at Hayden's split times on stage 3:eek:

trifonvl
12th June 2015, 09:38
Look at Paddons splits!!!!!!!

Livewireshock
12th June 2015, 09:40
Go Hayden, those splits are fantastic

Mirek
Incredible time by Andreucci!

wwbroe
Wohw, what a time by Paulo on stage 2, beating Lappi by 13.3 sec.:D

makinen_fan
12th June 2015, 09:41
https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xft1/v/t1.0-9/p180x540/1487431_1137060209643445_5893608753028614612_n.jpg ?oh=ac7bda90b1acaad3139eaf65c50afc13&oe=55EC167C

Mirek
12th June 2015, 09:44
I'm quite sure Andreucci is on Pirelli. Maybe Nasser's switch back to Michelin was not that good idea :confused:

trifonvl
12th June 2015, 09:46
Paddon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bartek
12th June 2015, 09:46
Kubica Out??

makinen_fan
12th June 2015, 09:50
Another great time by Paddon!

I'm quite sure Andreucci is on Pirelli. Maybe Nasser's switch back to Michelin was not that good idea :confused:
Is Andreucci a specialist in these stages? Do they run them in the italian championship?
He is indeed on Pirellis:
https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/v/t1.0-9/11391262_976510089034177_7688424044785093899_n.jpg ?oh=74e566f9069561bfbc619d4fd84d8796&oe=55E9C06A

makinen_fan
12th June 2015, 09:52
Kubica Out??

Yep

Munkvy
12th June 2015, 09:55
Paddon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is awesome, I hope it's not a fluke of conditions, as I imagine he has a very swept road right now.

RS
12th June 2015, 10:10
It does seem the pirellis are/were a big advantage in WRC2, Al-Attiyah is not close to Lappi here.

Also Kremer is on Pirelli and is surprisingly fast. Michelin have work to do!

Mirek
12th June 2015, 10:11
Can Nasser switch tyres for another legs or are they all sealed?