PDA

View Full Version : New Nissan GT-R LM

big_sw2000
3rd February 2015, 12:12
How about this for a different way going about winning Le Mans

http://www.nissan-motorsports.com/ENN/PRESS/2015/15003.html

550BHP 3.0 V6 twin turbo petrol Engine, IN THE FRONT. FRONT ENGINED. Driving the front wheels.
700BHP Hybrid power unit driving the rear wheels.

So 4 works teams, and 4 different ideas. WEC is looking good

Steve

AndyRAC
7th February 2015, 13:47
The WEC goes from strength to strength, because of the regs; 4 major manufacturers all with different solutions. None of the other FiA series can say that.
And not only that; I reckon all of the factory drivers are picked on talent, not bringing cash. I'm not sure F1 or WRC can say that.

And as for Nissan, is there a more proactive company in world Motorsport? Others should take note......

Rollo
8th February 2015, 08:03
And as for Nissan, is there a more proactive company in world Motorsport? Others should take note......

Holden?
They've had a "factory" team in touring car racing for a more or less continuing effort since 1969.

I think that that sort of continuous run in all classes of motorsport in the world is only bettered by McLaren and Ferrari.

journeyman racer
13th February 2015, 14:30
Nobody cares about Holden outside Aus/NZ

The WEC goes from strength to strength, because of the regs; 4 major manufacturers all with different solutions. None of the other FiA series can say that.
And not only that; I reckon all of the factory drivers are picked on talent, not bringing cash. I'm not sure F1 or WRC can say that.

Except the leading drivers are all picked on talent. And those drivers you're referring to are not good enough for the leading WRC/F1 teams.

AndyRAC
14th February 2015, 12:40
Not good enough for F1/WRC..... Okay, you keep believing that......

journeyman racer
15th February 2015, 05:49
Don't get upset. I did say "leading" F1/WRC teams. Middle, back of the field? Ok, but it's not saying much. There's a reason why Sports/GT racing is an alternative motorsport path.

big_sw2000
16th February 2015, 12:56
Don't get upset. I did say "leading" F1/WRC teams. Middle, back of the field? Ok, but it's not saying much. There's a reason why Sports/GT racing is an alternative motorsport path.

Anything is an alternative motorsport path. F1 is crap, come on we all know this. But always will be the pinnacle of the sport, with the best drivers.
Because they get paid more.

Steve

journeyman racer
20th February 2015, 10:29
So you're agreeing with me? Good.

Osella
27th March 2015, 16:44
How about this for a different way going about winning Le Mans
So 4 works teams, and 4 different ideas. WEC is looking good
Steve

WEC is frankly, awesome.. F1 is its feeder series... ;)
Have you been to Mulsannescorner.com where Mike Fuller (before it was released) wrote a great piece on the throughflow design of the chassis and after it was released wrote more about this intresting car. Just a shame it isn't racing before Le Mans..

marathonboats
24th January 2016, 05:47
I agree that Mike Fuller (before it was released) wrote a great piece on the throughflow design of the chassis and after it was released wrote more about this intresting car