PDA

View Full Version : Petter Solberg returning to WRC during 2015 ?????

Fide
10th December 2014, 22:38
I read an article mentioning the possibility about Petter's return during 2015....
Anybody has any additional info about it ?

N.O.T
10th December 2014, 22:49
he is not.

Fast Eddie WRC
11th December 2014, 15:06
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/117093

PLuto
11th December 2014, 15:40
Is it necessary to make a new thread? One "stupid" article and everybody on the world is writing how he is returning etc. Situation is still the same like previous year, like one month ago - actually nothing is sure. But for sure, he is negotiating with lot of sponsors about future in RX/rally and if somebody will pay him starts in WRC, he will do it. But it is same with lot of other drivers. They can write absolutely the same article about Mikko Hirvonen, Giandomenico Basso, PG Andersson, Luca Rossetti, Evgeny Novikov...

noel157
11th December 2014, 15:48
I read an article mentioning the possibility about Petter's return during 2015....
Anybody has any additional info about it ?

And a link to the "article" perhaps?

Fide
11th December 2014, 16:10
Is it necessary to make a new thread? One "stupid" article and everybody on the world is writing how he is returning etc. Situation is still the same like previous year, like one month ago - actually nothing is sure. But for sure, he is negotiating with lot of sponsors about future in RX/rally and if somebody will pay him starts in WRC, he will do it. But it is same with lot of other drivers. They can write absolutely the same article about Mikko Hirvonen, Giandomenico Basso, PG Andersson, Luca Rossetti, Evgeny Novikov...

Sorry to bother you... It would be good a little respect. If you don't like you are not obligated to write / respond anything...

N.O.T
11th December 2014, 16:52
respect is earned.

instead of making a thread about a person who has nothing to offer tot he sport anymore apart from his clown antics that attract his clown fans. You should have asked your useless question to the news and rumours where all the nobodies post their lies...

PLuto
11th December 2014, 16:55
Aaa, this thread is going different way than I wanted. My idea was why to make special new thread, when lot of things around it was written in "news" thread. And I am not sure if this theme is enough strong to have its own specific thread (despite the name of Petter).

Fast Eddie WRC
11th December 2014, 17:09
respect is earned.

instead of making a thread about a person who has nothing to offer tot he sport anymore apart from his clown antics that attract his clown fans. You should have asked your useless question to the news and rumours where all the nobodies post their lies...

Didnt realise you were a Moderator of this forum.

mohit
11th December 2014, 19:20
Toooo many people in here are jealous of petter........ I suppose.

Friends we all in here should respect everyone's opinion and not take all personally.

Petter for sure is a great guy I met him in New Zealand twice. He is fast no doubt and if he is getting a chance to get back in then what's the harm in it he is not charging us for that.

Fide
11th December 2014, 19:30
respect is earned.

You make me laugh.... and I am not surprised since your comment arrives in a way historically came from you (insolently).

nafpaktos
11th December 2014, 19:42
I think it is too much for a driver who has nothing to offer to the sport to open a new thread(just my opinion).i think rallycross suits him perfect and he should stay there,abolutely no reason to come back, i dont miss him.once upon a time his driving level was really good but after...........

Rallyper
11th December 2014, 22:28
I think it is too much for a driver who has nothing to offer to the sport to open a new thread(just my opinion).i think rallycross suits him perfect and he should stay there,abolutely no reason to come back, i dont miss him.once upon a time his driving level was really good but after...........

Well, we canīt tell what his feelings is. Have you rallied so long time as he did, the longing for WRC could be so much, you want to rejoin.

N.O.T
11th December 2014, 23:13
Well, we canīt tell what his feelings is. Have you rallied so long time as he did, the longing for WRC could be so much, you want to rejoin.

that has nothing to do with the fact that he does not belong anymore... the WRC is a serious sport so it should have a filter for nobodies and returning has beens... doing 1-2 events is ok but a full time has been does not do any good.

Rallyper
11th December 2014, 23:47
Hello N.O.T. up late I believe. Oh forgot youīre in GB time is UTC.
You shouldnīt say Petter is a has been. It only affects your own image. Given the fact he is champion in the WRX gives a hint what he can do. I do strongly believe Petter could be a strong contender in WRC, although his age slightly is becoming a factor.

N.O.T
12th December 2014, 00:19
Hello N.O.T. up late I believe. Oh forgot youīre in GB time is UTC.
You shouldnīt say Petter is a has been. It only affects your own image. Given the fact he is champion in the WRX gives a hint what he can do. I do strongly believe Petter could be a strong contender in WRC, although his age slightly is becoming a factor.

Go to bed its late... Last time peter won a rally was at a different decade...

WRX is a clown show for has beens and little clowns... he is where he should be and he should stay there.

stefanvv
12th December 2014, 00:22
I agree with some people separated thread only for a "wish" with 5 question marks is too much. What that much should all of us reading the forum should be excited about? Nothing against Solberg of course, he is good driver and if he joins the WRC next year as private driver, I can only admire it. But it would hardly change the podium in WRC even he is in factory team, well I guess all seats are busy already. So a simple post in News & Rumours (well only the second part of the title anyway) seems enough for me.

Rallyper
12th December 2014, 01:02
Where and when we should and could discuss Petterīs be or not to be in WRC isnīt the main question. However ruling out his abilities shows a lot of noknowledge of what you understand of rallying. The polo maffia excluded Petter can race out any of the rest of the pack. So no matter heīs rejoining or not putting your words of Petter being what you call him isnīt appropriate.

And N.O.T, Iīm not going to bed for an hour or two yet.

denkimi
12th December 2014, 01:09
Where and when we should and could discuss Petterīs be or not to be in WRC isnīt the main question. However ruling out his abilities shows a lot of noknowledge of what you understand of rallying. The polo maffia excluded Petter can race out any of the rest of the pack. So no matter heīs rejoining or not putting your words of Petter being what you call him isnīt appropriate.

no doubt petter is still a good driver, but even without the vw pack he wouldn't be fighting for the win. in 2012 he wasn't even close to hirvonen.

he would be close to the top 5, or in it if the polo's fail, but no more than that.

N.O.T
12th December 2014, 01:15

let me rephrase that... Stop drinking and go to bed...

stefanvv
12th December 2014, 01:46
The polo maffia excluded Petter can race out any of the rest of the pack.

:rotflmao:

mohit
12th December 2014, 04:58
This thread was started yesterday and within a day it has reached 3 pages this shows popularity of petter negative or positive.

Cheers to petter!

I would like to see him back in wrc and I don’t care about what others think about it.

Franky
12th December 2014, 08:17
This thread was started yesterday and within a day it has reached 3 pages this shows popularity of petter negative or positive.

Cheers to petter!

I would like to see him back in wrc and I don’t care about what others think about it.

Check the topic of posts and you'll find that over half of the posts aren't even about the rumour. Only small connection to it.

Ounin
12th December 2014, 08:19
It's a fact that on this thread we are on page 3 already it shows how popular Hollywood is (Maybe there is a bit of a lack of personalities in the sport). I think that in this case the word comeback has caused the whole fuss. It's not a comeback, it was a personal wish to do some WRC rallies, if there is enough budget, and probably with his old pal Phil Mills. Presumably he / they had a great weekend at the Condroz. That's it. Nothing more nothing less. And when you look at f.i. M-Sport situation, next the two factory WRC's, there are always 3-4 private WRC's available on every rally. So if Petter finds some funds for Sweden, I would say go ahead Petter, enjoy, like all his fans who will cheer him up. Good stuff.

Rallyper
12th December 2014, 11:15
let me rephrase that... Stop drinking and go to bed...

A man knows others through himself. Keep the topic, please.

Vaggelis27
12th December 2014, 12:42
http://www.rally.it/lindiscrezione-pirelli-nel-wrc-2015-con-bertelli-e-sogna-un-team-con-kubica-e-solberg/

Pirelli returns to the wrc and maybe With 2 PH SPORT DS3 WRC with Kubica and Petter.Let's See!!

jd_89
12th December 2014, 12:42
What? Even not a single word about today's rumors about Petter Solberg and Robert Kubica in a Pirelli-backed team next year (with two DS3 WRC, run by PH Sport)?

Source: rally.it (http://www.rally.it/lindiscrezione-pirelli-nel-wrc-2015-con-bertelli-e-sogna-un-team-con-kubica-e-solberg/)

N.O.T
12th December 2014, 12:43
Rally news from italy... quite reliable... i am quite surprised that they did not mention that FIAT is joining the sport as well...

Tom206wrc
12th December 2014, 13:19
That would look great a Kubica-Solberg team in WRC 2015 :bounce:

Andre Oliveira
12th December 2014, 13:59
Rally news from italy... quite reliable... i am quite surprised that they did not mention that FIAT is joining the sport as well...

FIAT? Noo... Maybe Ferrari R-GT or Lancia WRC ;)

Fide
12th December 2014, 15:33

Cheers to petter!

wowww I fuly agree !!!! with a simple and stupid (according NOT, the smart person in ths forum) title it was enough to pull the trigger to start talking about Petter's return.... 3 pages and counting N.O.T......

Fide
12th December 2014, 15:33
wowww I fuly agree !!!! with a simple and stupid (according NOT, the smart person in ths forum) title it was enough to pull the trigger to start talking about Petter's return.... 3 pages and counting N.O.T......

Actually four....

noel157
12th December 2014, 15:56
4 pages? Only 1 on my screen.......: )

http://i.imgur.com/evBTf6C.png

Mohit, first you say we're all jealous of Petter than in the next sentence you say we should all respect each other's opinion, then you further say you don't care what anybody else thinks, Jez man, make up your mind will you..

N.O.T
12th December 2014, 16:12
it has one page because you have set the number of posts per page to be higher than the default 10 option (you probably have the highest which is 40) you can change that from your "general settings" menu in your account page.

mohit
12th December 2014, 16:58
4 pages? Only 1 on my screen.......: )

http://i.imgur.com/evBTf6C.png

Mohit, first you say we're all jealous of Petter than in the next sentence you say we should all respect each other's opinion, then you further say you don't care what anybody else thinks, Jez man, make up your mind will you..

I meant people should not always contradict others.

any ways let's see what happens all will come to know soon.

But wrc needs petter like characters.

noel157
12th December 2014, 17:15
it has one page because you have set the number of posts per page to be higher than the default 10 option (you probably have the highest which is 40) you can change that from your "general settings" menu in your account page.

I'd be lost lost without your advice : ) (that was a smiley) You seemed to have missed the one placed at the end of my first sentence.

Just in case you're not familiar with them: : )

"An emoticon (/ɨˈmoʊtɨkɒn/) (short for emotion icon) is a metacommunicative pictorial representation of a facial expression which in the absence of body language and prosody serves to draw a receiver's attention to the tenor or temper of a sender's nominal verbal communication, changing and improving its interpretation. It expresses — usually by means of punctuation marks (though it can include numbers and letters) — a person's feelings or mood, though as emoticons have become more popular, some devices have provided stylized pictures that do not use punctuation. Emoticons are usually sideways to the text. As social media has become widespread, emoticons have played a significant role in communication through technology. They offer another range of "tone" and feeling through texting that portrays specific emotions through facial gestures while in the midst of cyber communication."

N.O.T
12th December 2014, 17:57
AHA... i am used to see the colourful bastards as smilies.. that is why my brain did not register that...

noel157
12th December 2014, 18:07
AHA... i am used to see the colourful bastards as smilies.. that is why my brain did not register that...

Well pay attention in future! : )

Ounin
12th December 2014, 19:07
But it makes sense to me the puzzle comes more & more together on this Friday evening. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Kubica-for-PH-rumour is a few weeks old now. And there was Lefebvre's PH '15 programm published this week in an R5, where they have added some WRC outings for him as well, it would justify an investment for this team to add a WRC car on it's entry for 2015 . They could plan a full entry every event; Kubica for the non WTCC- and Petter for the non RX clashes, it fits perfectly. Don't forget that the talks between Matton and Petter are on an unusua level; it's the triangle DS Matton/ Petter driver/ Petter Solberg RX Racing, were his outings in the WRC rallies could be negotiable.
Won't be surprised if PH would add Chardonnet on their '15 plans as well.

Eli
12th December 2014, 19:25
http://www.irallylive.com/ir_news.htm?00007778&10

MJW
13th December 2014, 09:01
But it makes sense to me the puzzle comes more & more together on this Friday evening. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Kubica-for-PH-rumour is a few weeks old now. And there was Lefebvre's PH '15 programm published this week in an R5, where they have added some WRC outings for him as well, it would justify an investment for this team to add a WRC car on it's entry for 2015 . They could plan a full entry every event; Kubica for the non WTCC- and Petter for the non RX clashes, it fits perfectly. Don't forget that the talks between Matton and Petter are on an unusua level; it's the triangle DS Matton/ Petter driver/ Petter Solberg RX Racing, were his outings in the WRC rallies could be negotiable.
Won't be surprised if PH would add Chardonnet on their '15 plans as well.
Or Paddon for 9 rounds.
But I think Paddon is more likely to get support from Hyundai especially considering the Asia Pacific area where he comes from.

kirungi okwogera
13th December 2014, 18:15
Or Paddon for 9 rounds.
But I think Paddon is more likely to get support from Hyundai especially considering the Asia Pacific area where he comes from.

Paddon has two offers from Citroën and Hyundai and to my knowledge he hasn't announced which he's going with.

If I were to guess I would say the Citroën offer isn't a full season, and the Hyundai is, but Citroën's car is a bit more competitive, but Hyundai's WRC investment is a bit more stable, etc. etc. so very hard to predict what he'll do.

I don't understand how Citroën offers can be reported to be on the table for their two returning drivers, Solberg, Kubica, Paddon, Chardonnet, Lefebvre and so on. Should I be expecting a call from Yves Matton too?

EightGear
13th December 2014, 18:35
I don't think Chardonnet has any offer...

Mirek
13th December 2014, 18:36
With Kubica and Solberg it shall be Pirelli/Lotos sponsored PH-Sport satellite team, therefore a commercial thing for Citroën. Lefevbre won the PH-Sport drive as a prize for JWRC. I know nothing about Chardonnet. The others all have nothing to do with works team of Citroën.

Anyway the more the better. Or not?

irish_tiger
13th December 2014, 20:49
I don't think Chardonnet has any offer...

Why should he get one ? did he set the stages alight this year ?

stefanvv
13th December 2014, 21:03
Anyway the more the better. Or N.O.T.?

Small fix from me. Of course it's better, the more the merrier. On the other hand WRC needs new characters in coming years, besides some old faces in PH-Sport.

dimviii
13th December 2014, 21:46
Petter Solberg RX ‏@Petter_Solberg 27 λεπτάΠριν από 27 λεπτά
After six (!) German wins in a row at the #ROC Nations, Tom Kristensen and I managed to give it a Nordic twist!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B4wyBjnCMAACaBa.jpg

Nornbugger
13th December 2014, 22:23
Petter Solberg RX ‏@Petter_Solberg 27 λεπτάΠριν από 27 λεπτά
After six (!) German wins in a row at the #ROC Nations, Tom Kristensen and I managed to give it a Nordic twist!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B4wyBjnCMAACaBa.jpg

Well done them, but look who they beat, RoC was once a cool thing to win, the entry list now is somewhat less exciting than 20 odd years ago...

N.O.T
13th December 2014, 22:33
The RoC is a farce since it moved from the canary islands.

Fast Eddie WRC
14th December 2014, 12:40
The RoC isnt what it was, but just a good laugh to watch some of the mad machines in use ...

Stadium Super-truck :eek:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B4wCwvoCcAESOC0.jpg

and a demo by Stig B in the Quattro... :)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B4wAC_oCEAAv6em.png

Fast Eddie WRC
14th December 2014, 12:50
As for Petter (RX World Champion 2014) ... was beaten by old David Coulthard in the Polo RallyCross car... :D

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B4r_UUWCIAAbbRA.jpg

satnav
14th December 2014, 19:09
As for Petter (RX World Champion 2014) ... was beaten by old David Coulthard in the Polo RallyCross car... :D

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B4r_UUWCIAAbbRA.jpg

And Coulthard has just beaten Petter again in the Polo RX Car !!

Miika
14th December 2014, 19:46
Hire Coulthard.

EstWRC
15th December 2014, 10:02
Hire Coulthard.

i heard he is thinking about F1 comeback after RoC;)

Fast Eddie WRC
16th December 2014, 17:13
Petter tried to drive the Polo RX like his DS3 but the Polo was too stiff, being set-up for pure tarmac on the RoC track...

I doubt DC would get near him on a real RX event of gravel/tarmac :)