PDA

View Full Version : Lewis Hamilton Helmet

CHAO5
9th November 2014, 14:17
Just curious to see what you guys think of Lewis Hamiltons 2014 helmet design compared to his 2013 design?

Personally I'm a purist with Helmet design and believe that the helmet is a drivers trademark so should never change, well maybe a one off special but not every race like Seb Vettel. So with that in mind I much prefer Lewis's 2013 design.

Which do you guys prefer?

(sorry if this has been asked before, forgive me I'm new)

Brown, Jon Brow
9th November 2014, 19:43
I believe that Hamilton and Rosberg both changed from yellow helmets that were too similar last season.

Jag_Warrior
11th November 2014, 19:01
IMO, he should have stayed with the Sennaesque design from his younger days. I'm not that fond of either of the later designs.

Doc Austin
12th November 2014, 02:13
The helmet designs have become so complicated that at speed they are just a blurr, so I don't think it much matters. Back when things were simpler it was easy to pick out Clark, Stewart, Hill, Hulme, etc by their helmet designs alone.

steveaki13
12th November 2014, 08:15
Especially with no clear numbers on cars. If you see a car in a longer shot, the only way sometimes to tell is the helmet.

Anyway, these days we have graphics telling us who they are most of the time I suppose

Mark
12th November 2014, 12:23
Yup I liked the days when drivers had distinctive helmets with a marked colour scheme that never changed, and they didn't change them to suit their sponsors etc.

That being said I do like the way the numbers are bigger this year and that importantly, they'll be the same next year and the year after. (Not for Hamilton or Rosberg of course ;) )