PDA

View Full Version : Latest update on Junior's contract

arenateam
18th April 2007, 22:44
Here's the latest update on Junior's contract.

http://raceweekonline.com/video.aspx?itemID=1001213308

wbcobrar
19th April 2007, 01:21
D.E.I (...Teresa) needs to realise that giving J.R. 51% ownership is the only reasnable move at this time. Dale holds all the cards and his intentions for the company are to improve it. If Dale leaves he takes with him Budwiser money , and all the revenue generated by his persauna as the most popular driver in NASCAR. I know some people question his tallent,(second comming of Kyle Petty,) but he has a Busch series championchip (99'), and has shown increadible promise through 04'. since then it seems that equipment, rather than ability has languished.

harvick#1
19th April 2007, 01:41
just go to RCR and get over it

Mark in Oshawa
20th April 2007, 18:18
Harvick, I am sure he would have gone a long time ago if he didn't think Teresa would sell. The only thing is, RCR wont bring out the number 3 for Jr. and that is what the fans would want. I believe though that Childress and Jr. both feel that he isnt' ready for that moment yet. I also believe that DEI was his dad's dream and he wants to keep it alive, but he knows he cant stay there and be competitive with things being run there the way they are. This is his last chance to stay at DEI and WIN. If he cant change things at DEI, he will take the beer money and go, and maybe RCR, but I suspect he will go to wherever he wants, because he has enough talent, and enough sponsor backing that a lot of established drivers are feeling nervous about their futures if Jr. is a free agent....

Lee Roy
20th April 2007, 19:21
[ he has a Busch series championchip (99'),
Actually, he has two.

colinspooky
21st April 2007, 11:26
sorry about the cold water and all, but does this really really honestly matter at all?
I know all about the history and such, but the 3 is gone, and perhaps that's the way it should be.
So long as the racing is good and tight, does the composition of teams affect anything? Does it change the races what happens in the backrooms. I know lots of people love the politics of all this, but it really is secondary to what happens on the circuits and that's what I am most interested in.
So long as a Busch Bros doesn't win and each has a temper tantrum every time out, I'm happy.

Mark in Oshawa
21st April 2007, 15:57
Colin..yes it matters. Where Jr. Ends up if he leaves DEI could kick off a musical chairs movement of drivers from team to team, which will change who is on top just based by the quality of team they drive for. Believe me, there are a lot of people who want Dale Jr. to stay where he is. As for people worshipping at the shrine of Dale Earnhardt Sr., you are from England, you obviously have no idea of the immense popularity and cultural icon that Sr. has become after his passing. All things Earnhardt end up being debated....it is what NASCAR fans do...

colinspooky
21st April 2007, 20:17
Colin..yes it matters. Where Jr. Ends up if he leaves DEI could kick off a musical chairs movement of drivers from team to team, which will change who is on top just based by the quality of team they drive for. Believe me, there are a lot of people who want Dale Jr. to stay where he is. As for people worshipping at the shrine of Dale Earnhardt Sr., you are from England, you obviously have no idea of the immense popularity and cultural icon that Sr. has become after his passing. All things Earnhardt end up being debated....it is what NASCAR fans do...

first part ---- musical chairs ? again, so what.

Being from England doesn't detach me from reality, alike some races in this world. I even understand the concept of an icon.

Debate is also fine - it's what I was doing.

DEI8151
21st April 2007, 20:26
Jr will stay at DEI, teresa will give him his 51%. when Jr takes over the company and starts making decisions that will impact the race teams we will see then if this saves DEI or not we will see if his decisions are better than teresa's

Mark in Oshawa
23rd April 2007, 19:52
Colin, I wasn't disputing your right to debate, I like it. I just didn't know if you were how big Sr's legacy is still over here. I apolgize, there was no attempt on my part to knock your wisdom.

As for the contract Jr. has, apparnetly it was reported on SPEED's "Race Report" Kelley Earnhardt has pretty much come to terms of a contract with Max Siegel (repersenting Jr. and Teresa respectively) that would give Dale what he wants, and they are just fine tuning the deal. I think Teresa is savvy enough to know she was wise to let the young man have his head here, and in the end, DEI will be his to succeed or fail with. I do know Teresa didn't have the answers to make the team climb to the top, but now we find out how much Jr. knows. One thing is for sure, the history of driver run teams in recent history isn't good. I hope DEI will prove us all wrong, but in the end, Jr. deserves his chance to make this puppy fly. I think he is only after the same security his dad had.....

call_me_andrew
26th April 2007, 03:12
I'd like to see him go to Yates just to piss everyone off.

Originally I considered saying that he should race for Petty, but then I realized Petty doesn't take alcohol sponsorship.

Mark in Oshawa
28th April 2007, 22:27
I think if he went to Hendrick, it would be the perfect storm. The money, the resources and the fact it is the top operation in Cup would be only be enhanced by Jr's popularity. You give him all the backing that Hendrick has, and then we would know just how much talent Jr. has. One thing is for sure, Jeff and Jimmie would be looking over their shoulders in a way that they haven't for some time.....

MD24
9th May 2007, 16:59
The efforts to sign #8-Dale Earnhardt Jr. to a NASCAR driving contract for 2008 and beyond has reached a critical point, and the top two teams on Earnhardt’s list are the Chevrolet teams owned by Richard Childress and Rick Hendrick, according to men familiar with the negotiations. Earnhardt today is leaning toward a deal with Hendrick [NOTE: where would Earnhardt go? HMS has four Cup teams and all three drivers signed for a couple more years, unless some sort of deal with Haas CNC Racing or Ginn Racing would be worked out], largely because of Hendrick’s very strong engine program, sources here said yesterday. Earnhardt and veteran crew chief Tony Eury Jr., his cousin and close confidante as well as the man who has led him to many of his 17 Cup victories, have talked with both the Hendrick and Childress camps in recent weeks about the positives and negatives each team owner would have to offer, sources said yesterday. And Eury will have a major voice in the decision, because Earnhardt’s primary goal now, at age 32, is to win a championship.(Winston Salem Journal)(5-9-2007)

rabf1
9th May 2007, 17:24
My guess is that he will stay at DEI. The Hendrick thing is interesting. They have the best cars at this point. If it he doesn't get what he wants at DEI, it would be wild to see Gordon, Johnson and Dale Jr. on the same team.

blakebeatty
9th May 2007, 17:33
I think if he went to Hendrick, it would be the perfect storm. The money, the resources and the fact it is the top operation in Cup would be only be enhanced by Jr's popularity. You give him all the backing that Hendrick has, and then we would know just how much talent Jr. has. One thing is for sure, Jeff and Jimmie would be looking over their shoulders in a way that they haven't for some time.....

I dare say that Jeff and Jimmie are more talented than Dale Jr, but if you consider a stable of Jeff, Jimmie, Jr, and Kyle Busch, it'd undoubtedly be the most talented team in the history of the sport.

If his priority is to win a championship, then staying at DEI is the wrong move.

I wonder how the true Dale Jr. homers will react? Love Jr. and hate Hendrick certainly wouldn't fly. Logically they'd have to be satisfied with the fact that for the first time in Jrs career he'd have a chance, but those folk are not a logical bunch...

MD24
9th May 2007, 22:20
Hendrick Motorsports General Manager Marshall Carlson told Sirius NASCAR Radio's Sirius Speedway Tuesday that his team is fully stocked with drivers for 2008 and beyond, and that he has not spoken with Dale Earnhardt, Jr., about the possibility of joining the Hendrick stable. "We have four outstanding drivers in Jeff Gordon, Jimmie Johnson, Kyle Busch and Casey Mears, and all of them are signed to long-term contracts," he said. "Dale Earnhardt, Jr., is obviously a very talented driver, but all of our seats are filled." Asked by host Dave Moody if that meant Hendrick would not be interested in Earnhardt under any circumstances, Carlson said, "I never say `never' in this business. Again, Dale is a very talented driver that any team would be interested in having in one of their cars. But we are extremely satisfied with our four driver/team combinations, and we have contracts in place for all our key players."(Sirius NASCAR Radio's Sirius Speedway)(5-9-2007)

harvick#1
9th May 2007, 22:24
not surprised, cause the 4-team deal comes into play in two years, but I somewhat hope he doesn't come to RCR cause I feel that will fall like in 04-05 because he would want to give Jr. the best cars. plus the niche of Bowyer, Burton, and Harvick, with Wimmer is a nice nit group, adding in Jr. could disrupt the pack. but Talladega and Daytona would be nice for a drafting partner :D

Jonesi
9th May 2007, 23:18
Check the latest rumour on Jayski from Sirus radio. I'm sure NascarNow in 20 minutes will mention it too.

also this too.
http://www.thatsracin.com/247/story/4129.html

blakebeatty
9th May 2007, 23:29
wow. imagine if DEI lost Martin, and Dale....

let us all observe ten bells to mourn the passing of Dale Earnhardt Incorporated

http://www.brickmarkers.com/images/clipart/bells.gifhttp://www.brickmarkers.com/images/clipart/bells.gifhttp://www.brickmarkers.com/images/clipart/bells.gifhttp://www.brickmarkers.com/images/clipart/bells.gifhttp://www.brickmarkers.com/images/clipart/bells.gif

Jonesi
9th May 2007, 23:42
ESPN2 said they will cover the announcement live at JR Motorsports tomorrow 11am EDT.

muggle not
10th May 2007, 00:57
More news.............

http://autoracingsport.com/nascar/breaking-news-dale-earnhardt-jr-and-martin-truex-to-drive-for-jr-motorsports-in-2008/

harvick#1
10th May 2007, 00:59
oh goody, two more Hendrick B teams :rolleyes:

harvick#1
10th May 2007, 01:08
so will Jooyner fail to qualify for the Daytona 500 next year?

muggle not
10th May 2007, 01:14
harvick will be eating Jr's exhaust next year when Jr has engines from HMS. :)

harvick#1
10th May 2007, 01:17
or hes gonna be sittin with his former buddy on race days :p :

MD24
10th May 2007, 01:23
More news.............

http://autoracingsport.com/nascar/breaking-news-dale-earnhardt-jr-and-martin-truex-to-drive-for-jr-motorsports-in-2008/

What a shock, I never thought Jr. would ever leave DEI and start his own team

MD24
10th May 2007, 01:25
harvick will be eating Jr's exhaust next year when Jr has engines from HMS. :)

Unless RCR starts using their "special parts" that they're known for :p

Jonesi
10th May 2007, 01:27

When has someone with a Hendrick motor failed to qualify for the Daytona 500?

If he's getting motors from Hendrick he might get CoT chassis also as needed. When has a CoT race not been won by a Hendrick chassis? ;-)

trumperZ06
10th May 2007, 01:33
;) Speed TV also sez Jr. has scheduled a press conference tomorrow morning at his Bush car racing opperation.

Speculation is.... he will be starting his own Nextel Cup team using Hendrick engines.

It goes on to say that Truex jr. will drive a second cup car for Jr.

:rolleyes: Wonder if DEI's... now for sale ???

harvick#1
10th May 2007, 01:36
When has someone with a Hendrick motor failed to qualify for the Daytona 500?

If he's getting motors from Hendrick he might get CoT chassis also as needed. When has a CoT race not been won by a Hendrick chassis? ;-)

a wreck can happen ;)

but Nascar is becoming like Grand-AM :mad: why not just mandate every team to use Hendrick Motors from now on :mad: what happened to teams making their own

1/4 of Nascar teams will be fielded by Hendrick Engines and a possible 6 with Chassis (another 2 as Hendrick R&D teams) . seems the 4 race organizations are not gonna be stopped by 09 :rolleyes:

harvick#1
10th May 2007, 01:37
Unless RCR starts using their "special parts" that they're known for :p

the Matt Kenseth express part :D

muggle not
10th May 2007, 02:15
I am bumping this up as it is big news. Looks like Jr is leaving, starting his own Nascar team, and bringing Truex with him. If so, DEI and RYR combined will not amount to a hill of beans.

More news.............

Sparky1329
10th May 2007, 04:31
I am bumping this up as it is big news. Looks like Jr is leaving, starting his own Nascar team, and bringing Truex with him. If so, DEI and RYR combined will not amount to a hill of beans.

I'll wait for the press conference. BUT.....if this is the actual scenario Teresa is not as smart as I thought she was.

Hoss Ghoul
10th May 2007, 06:41
No reason to have the announcement at Jr.'s shop if it involved DEI.

I really thought they'd get it worked out, crazy.

I'd have been happy with Earnhardt at RCR, or even Gibbs. HMS was never very likely, he just doesn't fit that corporate mold they have. Now, using their engines, and engineering experts on his own team...that works quite nicely.

They'll be in a much better position than other startups, they'll have 2 quality drivers, HMS support, and plenty of cash(though they'll still face the qualifying conundrum). It would be wise to expand to 3 cars by 2009, but having only 2 next year won't hurt if they are affiliated with HMS

Jonesi
10th May 2007, 06:44
and more info:
http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/stories/2007/05/09/0510earnhardt.html

teamsuperimu
10th May 2007, 08:49
a wreck can happen ;)

but Nascar is becoming like Grand-AM :mad: why not just mandate every team to use Hendrick Motors from now on :mad: what happened to teams making their own

1/4 of Nascar teams will be fielded by Hendrick Engines and a possible 6 with Chassis (another 2 as Hendrick R&D teams) . seems the 4 race organizations are not gonna be stopped by 09 :rolleyes:

It's funny that you mention that because the COT looks a lot like the Gran Am cars execpt more ugly with poor racing if that's possible.

muggle not
10th May 2007, 13:41
I'll wait for the press conference. BUT.....if this is the actual scenario Teresa is not as smart as I thought she was.
Teresa is screwing up big time. Her and Jr did not get along but she let her emotions get in the way of realizing that Jr holds all the cards. Jr will take Truex with him and also Budweiser. Many of the employees of DEI will also go with Jr. Actually, Jr will be in pretty good shape with the new organization. His sister is a pretty sharp cookie who can run the business side. On the racing side Jr will have much better equipment.

Clearly, it looks like the winner will be Jr and Teresa the loser in this power struggle.

muggle not
Teresa is screwing up big time. Her and Jr did not get along but she let her emotions get in the way of realizing that Jr holds all the cards. Jr will take Truex with him and also Budweiser. Many of the employees of DEI will also go with Jr. Actually, Jr will be in pretty good shape with the new organization. His sister is a pretty sharp cookie who can run the business side. On the racing side Jr will have much better equipment.

Clearly, it looks like the winner will be Jr and Teresa the loser in this power struggle.

muggle not

e2mtt
10th May 2007, 13:56

I'd say your right. If the things I have read are true, I doubt anyone that Jr. wants will stay with DEI. What a bummer, DEI with no drivers or sponsors! (I do wonder whether Hendricks can provide enough help to make them competitive in the first year.)

Sparky1329
10th May 2007, 15:45

You won't get an argument from me on anything you said.

RaceFanStan
11th May 2007, 13:32
from jayski's.com :
...... the number rumored is the #33 & Budweiser is coming with Dale Jr to RCR ......
...... Childress has scheduled a news conference Friday at Darlington Raceway .....

BenRoethig
11th May 2007, 15:24
I'd say your right. If the things I have read are true, I doubt anyone that Jr. wants will stay with DEI. What a bummer, DEI with no drivers or sponsors! (I do wonder whether Hendricks can provide enough help to make them competitive in the first year.)

Hendrick won't be helping them next year. Unless Ford can get them to switch too. Ginn Maybe, but not Hendrick. DEI without Jr. and driving Fords. She's going to have some explaining to do when she gets to the afterlife.

Cindy_AL
11th May 2007, 15:27
You got that right, Ben!!!!!!!

Sparky1329
11th May 2007, 15:32
A-fricken-men, Ben.

e2mtt
11th May 2007, 15:57
Hendrick won't be helping them next year. Unless Ford can get them to switch too. Ginn Maybe, but not Hendrick. DEI without Jr. and driving Fords. She's going to have some explaining to do when she gets to the afterlife.
(You misunderstand me... I meant could Hendricks give Dale Jr. enough support to make him competitve in first year with a new team.)

muggle not
11th May 2007, 16:15
(You misunderstand me... I meant could Hendricks give Dale Jr. enough support to make him competitve in first year with a new team.)

I believe that HMS could give Jr enough support to be competitive but there are also many other things that would be difficult to overcome in the first year of starting a team. However, owning a Busch team would help considerably, plus Kelley would be a significant help.

Cindy_AL
11th May 2007, 18:54
Teresa Earnhardt, offered more than 50 percent of the team as part of a new deal, but asked for more than $50 million in return — a factor that appears to have been a deal breaker.

It all makes sense now... I had heard that she was going to let him have 51% but never heard about the $50 million.

Sparky1329
11th May 2007, 20:37
Teresa Earnhardt, offered more than 50 percent of the team as part of a new deal, but asked for more than $50 million in return — a factor that appears to have been a deal breaker.

It all makes sense now... I had heard that she was going to let him have 51% but never heard about the $50 million.

I did read about that 50 million figure, Cindy. It's no wonder Jr said they were never close in negotiations.

Cindy_AL
11th May 2007, 21:23
$50 mil is alot of moolah! :s hock:

Jonesi
11th May 2007, 22:32
$50 mil is alot of moolah! :s hock:

Is it really when you consider that the value of a on going sucessful race operation may only be worth about one years sponsorship? If they are worth that little, wouldn't it be better business for sponsors to buy the teams they sponsor?

Cindy_AL
11th May 2007, 23:35
Not sure but I could do ALOT with $50 mil if they would like to share. ;) (of course it would have nothing to do with racing though)