PDA

View Full Version : Rate the Race - USA

steveaki13
2nd November 2014, 22:56
Give your review of the US GP and rate it out of 10.

:)

jens
2nd November 2014, 23:05
Not an all-time classic, but pretty entertaining. I give it an 8. Maybe the memories from the final 10 laps are too fresh. Early part wasn't that interesting.

longisland
2nd November 2014, 23:08
8.5/10

steveaki13
2nd November 2014, 23:10
After Russia this race feels like a 10, but honestly I would say 7.5/10

Tazio
2nd November 2014, 23:42
7.6, a very good race in my opinion.

Zico
2nd November 2014, 23:52
Great race after Sochi. A high 7.75 from me. ;)

The Black Knight
3rd November 2014, 00:14
Gets an 8/10 from me. They don't come much better than that unless it's a 2005 Suzuka type race.

Doc Austin
3rd November 2014, 02:21
I have my DBR set for series record. Unfortunately the race was moved from NBC Sports to regular old NBC. By the time I got home and realized what had happened, I got to see the entire last lap. Whoopie! I don't know what to rate it, but I guess anything had to be better than Sochi.

Tazio
3rd November 2014, 03:24
Bum deal Doc, sorry dawg.

Jag_Warrior
3rd November 2014, 04:01
I'll go with a 8/10. If the podium girl on the (viewer's) left side of the podium had gone much shorter with her dress, I'd have to go with a XXX 10. Good action from the start and a smart strategy by Hamilton in stalking and then carefully overtaking (and managing) Rosberg. Really though, very good action throughout the field. And but for some notable exceptions, there weren't that many boneheaded moves (*cough cough* Sergio Perez). I enjoyed it... and even more since my guy won. :D

BTW, this is the very first F1 race that I've been able to watch live all year. To me, after having watched most races several days or a week after the fact, this was the next best thing to being there.

Duncan
3rd November 2014, 06:10
I'd give it an 8/10. After Sochi pretty much anything would have looked good, but there was a bunch of midfield stuff going on throughout in addition to the Hamilton/Rosberg fight at the front.

I'd have given it 9 if there had been a few more cars. No Caterham and Marussia, obviously, but also no Force India after the first lap and only one Sauber.

A FONDO
3rd November 2014, 09:23
Straight 9 from me. We missed some three-way battle with 7 overtakes for the win, but the rest of the field were everybody against everybody, wonderful race to watch.

Gordini
3rd November 2014, 11:48
Very nice racetrack the usa one. Best so far!

Storm
3rd November 2014, 19:15
Excellent race I think. 8/10 for plenty of battles, a good track, an overtake for the lead change (that actually gets it more points in my book) and the fact that it managed to keep me awake till 3 bloody am in the morning - and that Storm Jr kept waking up due to congested nose/throat :s

yodasarmpit
4th November 2014, 10:25
It livened up a bit in the last third, but I found turns 3 through to 9 so frustrating pushing everyone into single file.

Decent race, but no classic 6/10

Whyzars
5th November 2014, 11:35
Always pleasant to watch a race on a Monday morning. :D

The race had its moments and was entertaining. Mercedes did what Mercedes have done so well in 2014. 7/10.

I am very disappointed at how reluctant stewards appear to be in policing the track boundary - the "virtual wall" if you will.

To my mind, if 4 wheels cross the white line it is an immediate drive through. If 2 wheels cross its a strike and 3 strikes earns a drive through.

I don't see the boundary as advisory, it is more of a safety feature and should be respected. I rarely see anyone putting 4 wheels across the line in Monaco and don't know why it is normal business at most other tracks. It really does affect the races and the racing.

P.S. If double points has a hand in deciding the 2014 championship then someone should be kicked square in the nuts.

Double points may see the wrong name go into the history books. Terrible.

Storm
5th November 2014, 20:20
Plenty of wrong names already in the history books due to various reasons ;)