PDA

View Full Version : Driver of the Race - USA

steveaki13
2nd November 2014, 22:54
Vote time

gm99
2nd November 2014, 22:58
Hamilton for beating Rosberg (again) in a straight fight.
Vettel raced well from the back with a three-stop-strategy.

dj_bytedisaster
2nd November 2014, 22:59
Alonso - always on the attack. Definitive highlight of the race.

Zico
2nd November 2014, 23:01
A few candidates perhaps but its Ricciardo for me, faultless superb wheel to wheel racing well above his years, great drive and result.

longisland
2nd November 2014, 23:02
Hamilton
Ricciardo
Vettel

jens
2nd November 2014, 23:03
All those blokes in the midfield. I don't care, who did exactly what, but they provided some fabulous racing not seen all too often.:D

At the front - Hamilton and Ricciardo also making some beautiful moves stick after a so-so start to get onto the podium.

Tazio
2nd November 2014, 23:05
Boss
Danny boy
Felipe
Fred

steveaki13
2nd November 2014, 23:09
Driver of the Race:

Daniel Ricciardo - Wonderful, wheel to wheel action and was plain fast. Another fine podium.

Other Mentions:
Lewis Hamilton - Brilliant win, he outperformed Nico to win his 10th race of the season.

Felipe Massa - He done well, beating Bottas is rare for Felipe and so it was a good day.

Fernando Alonso - He also pushes hard and again done well if not inspiring.

Sebastian Vettel - A special mention for the last 10 laps. Pitting and passing so many cars.

Pastor Maldonado - He drove a hard and for once a CLEAN race. Scoring his first point of 2014

The Black Knight
3rd November 2014, 00:11
Driver of the race you can't look past Hamilton. 2.5 seconds behind at one point and finished 4.3 seconds ahead. Mega drive from one of the best in the business!

Ricciardo again for showing that he is a future champion in the making.

Great recovery by Vettel. I must watch it again to see how he ended up 7th after being nowhere in the first half of the race.

Great drives throughout the pack and a great showcase for F1.

Honourable mention to Rosberg because he did keep Hamilton honest all the way and gave it everything but in the end of the day Hamilton is simply the better driver.

Duncan
3rd November 2014, 06:35
Hamilton. Just looked completely in control from start to finish. Even when he was behind at the start, he had an air of "I can take you whenever I want". And then he took Nico, gapped himself and then managed the gap for the rest of the race. Honestly I think he was just out to mess with Nico's head as much as win the race.

Honorable mentions: everybody else. Apart from Perez. Seriously - there were great drives all up and down the order, and I can't think of anybody that I could say wasn't outstanding today. Apart from Perez.

zako85
3rd November 2014, 10:36
Hamilton and Ricciardo. It's nice that Vettel managed to finish 7ths, but judging from Vettel's own comment during a post race interview with Buxton, Vettel himself doesn't seem very proud of his performance, specially early in the race.

Storm
3rd November 2014, 19:19
Hard to see past Hamilton
Alonso managed to fend off/pass a few cars in what is a really bad car.
Vettel went from being quite slow on one set to really entertaining and passing plenty towards the end. Quite a good end to the race from him.

Honourable mention to Rosberg because he did keep Hamilton honest all the way and gave it everything but in the end of the day Hamilton is simply the better driver.

How exactly was it keeping Hamilton honest? In the same car he was basically picked off and then kept behind pretty easily - it looked like Lewis controlled his pace and could have increased the lead anytime he wished.

driveace
3rd November 2014, 21:29
Hamilton and Riciardo ,
Hamilton did as told and didnt battle too hard for the first corner,and the horns never came out or the red mist ,as with Rosberg .
Picked Rosberg off at ease ,just when he wanted,and pulled away ,and controlled from the front