PDA

View Full Version : Rally Sweden 2015

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

ruesluporp
23rd February 2015, 00:05
I don't understand why so many people say that Ogier is arrogant??? What do they know from him? Or, maybe they support anybody else, and Ogier is quicker than them?

AL14
23rd February 2015, 00:07
Who do you think are the BIG characters in wrc nowadays. And why?

At the moment the answer is "anyone but him".
THey're all different of course, and none of them have achieved what Ogier did but I bet Latvala would have a way better style than him even with 2 WDC in his back. Same for Neuville and Mikkelsen that act everytime like pub friends with fans and other drivers although they're two of the best rally driver in the world.

Nobody is asking Ogier boring politically correct language or to be an humble pussy. He's the world champion after all, but as nafpaktos said his statements are the most pathetic in rally history.

Can't understend why by the way, with that wife I wouldn't whine about all the injustices in this world.

nafpaktos
23rd February 2015, 00:08
Or, maybe they support anybody else, and Ogier is quicker than them?NO

Cause i was hating loeb i was supporting ogier from the beggining but now i dont like him at all because of his behaviour.dim8 can tell you if i was one of ogiers biggest fans or not.Dim am i right or i lie?

ruesluporp
23rd February 2015, 00:11
Neither tommi nor juha(i mean top drivers)have ever said such things and these guys where also bosses.

Buy a time machine and go back in the past...

stefanvv
23rd February 2015, 00:15
Last year when Ogier made mistake in Sweden and lost the Rally he said it was his fault. Isn't that humility? What do You want him to say when he is driving clearly better than everybody else, and takes the victory clearly by driving? What is so arrogant about that to drive better than anybody currently and say what Your problems were during the Rally? I don't see anything arrogant about that, didn't notice him humiliating some of his opponents with speaking about the road conditions....

nafpaktos
23rd February 2015, 00:16
Buy a time machine and go back in the past...

Dignity and not being arrogant are values that belong to every time.

nafpaktos
23rd February 2015, 00:21
Last year when Ogier made mistake in Sweden and lost the Rally he said it was his fault. Isn't that humility? What do You want him to say when he is driving clearly better than everybody else, and takes the victory clearly by driving? What is so arrogant about that to drive better than anybody currently and say what Your problems were during the Rally? I don't see anything arrogant about that, didn't notice him humiliating some of his opponents with speaking about the road conditions....
i remember when he had one exit and one broken tyre on two tarmac rallies two years ago (if i remeber right)and there he said it was gavel's crew mistake.its something you dont hear very usually.anyway there is no reason to argue about that i respect your opinion its just different point of view.

nafpaktos
23rd February 2015, 00:26
Well he is the boss... what is wrong with what he said ?? it is the truth...

Well I ackowledge this right only to you and to no one else.

AL14
23rd February 2015, 00:29

Saying it's your fault when it's your fault is not humble, it's normal.
Saying that other driver understand I'm the boss is stupid in my opinion. First because they (and we all) already knew it, so no need to tell it, second because that is arrogance, no matter how right he is, it's about style. I think that in rally and other sports, big winning characters make speak the field, in his case the timeboard, and they don't need to say it themself.

stefanvv
23rd February 2015, 00:36
At the moment the answer is "anyone but him".

That's not really an answer. To distinguish some quality in some person is what makes him bigger than others. You didn't provide any. But I can, Ogier is the fastest driver in WRC currently and his driving style is very spectacular. That is something I do care about, I know he is not a saint, but no one of us is.

N.O.T
23rd February 2015, 00:36
I see nothing wrong with Ogiers behavior, is about time we have a champion that speaks the truth, i do not like him when he comes up with cheap excuses, but what is wrong when he says he is the best ?? Isn't he ?? Latvala doesn't know how to drive after 500 years in the sport, Ostberg is a tourist, Meeke tries but always falls short, Neuville is ok i guess but overrated for the moment and the rest are not existent... the only hope is Mikelseen but for him is still early, to be honest Mikelsen deserves that 2nd polo far more than Latvala.

It is in the hands of his rivals to prove him wrong and make him look stupid...

stefanvv
23rd February 2015, 00:37
Saying it's your fault when it's your fault is not humble, it's normal.

No it is not normal. That is quality of big person actually to admit their own mistakes.

stefanvv
23rd February 2015, 00:48
Saying that other driver understand I'm the boss is stupid in my opinion. First because they (and we all) already knew it, so no need to tell it, second because that is arrogance, no matter how right he is, it's about style. I think that in rally and other sports, big winning characters make speak the field, in his case the timeboard, and they don't need to say it themself.

I must have missed that quote, when he did said that:D? Well may be it is a wakeup call for the others to show him "who is the boss". I have to agree though it is not very stylish, but I can hardly recognize any great style in wrc last 10 more or less years perhaps. I still don't understand though why the style is such a big problem in motorsport, in F1 You'll find even less style last 20 years.

AL14
23rd February 2015, 00:50
That's not really an answer. To distinguish some quality in some person is what makes him bigger than others. You didn't provide any. But I can, Ogier is the fastest driver in WRC currently and his driving style is very spectacular. That is something I do care about, I know he is not a saint, but no one of us is.

Well but you quoted just one sentence of the post. I've written some more to argue it :)

N.O.T
23rd February 2015, 00:55
What is the point to show humility just for the sake of it ?? why ?? because you cannot stand someone to be the best and know about it ??? what is wrong with that ?? why you need people to be humble on things they do best ?? humility should be shown only when you are still learning something because that is how you improve, when you reach the top there is no reason for it...

humility is a disease and the only fault the greatest motorsport driver of all times had...

AL14
23rd February 2015, 00:55
I must have missed that quote, when he did said that:D? Well may be it is a wakeup call for the others to show him "who is the boss". I have to agree though it is not very stylish, but I can hardly recognize any great style in wrc last 10 more or less years perhaps. I still don't understand though why the style is such a big problem in motorsport, in F1 You'll find even less style last 20 years.

Quote is here http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/117751
I agree it is not so much important, and I'm wondering why we are talking too much about it. maybe it's the sundey night boredom :)

nafpaktos
23rd February 2015, 01:05
humility is a disease and the only fault the greatest motorsport driver of all times had...

This fault makes him even more special,because he had not only good hands.

AL14
23rd February 2015, 01:11
What is the point to show humility just for the sake of it ?? why ?? because you cannot stand someone to be the best and know about it ??? what is wrong with that ?? why you need people to be humble on things they do best ?? humility should be shown only when you are still learning something because that is how you improve, when you reach the top there is no reason for it...

Ok, I could sound a bit weird now and far off topic but... You're putting it into a logic point of view and it fix perfectly but we live in a society and there are unwritten rules that shape societies, cultures and social groups. One of them (at the moment) is that even if you excel in something, underlining it with arrogance is wrong.

stefanvv
23rd February 2015, 01:11
Well but you quoted just one sentence of the post. I've written some more to argue it :)

Ok, You said something about Latvala being "potentially" humble if he has 2 WDC, and something else for Neuville & Mikkelsen which I didn't understood.
So why all this is important. I'm here to watch Rallies & discuss Rallies. Ogier brings the best a man can achieve with those cars. I admire that.

EDIT: BTW I think Ogier was arrogant only with his year with Loeb, 2011 was it may be?!? But he had every right to be I believe.

nafpaktos
23rd February 2015, 01:13
humility is a disease

Intresting and radical approach,i have to re-evaluate my values.

N.O.T
23rd February 2015, 01:15
Ok, I could sound a bit weird now and far off topic but... You're putting it into a logic point of view and it fix perfectly but we live in a society and there are unwritten rules that shape societies, cultures and social groups. One of them (at the moment) is that even if you excel in something, underlining it with arrogance is wrong.

yes, but i just disagree with such unwritten rules imposed by the useless dissapointing mediocrity upon those who are better than others...

when you are the best at something you should point it out and only when others surpass you you have to be humble until you are on top again...

AL14
23rd February 2015, 01:16
Ok, You said something about Latvala being "potentially" humble if he has 2 WDC, and something else for Neuville & Mikkelsen which I didn't understood.
So why all this is important. I'm here to watch Rallies & discuss Rallies. Ogier brings the best a man can achieve with those cars. I admire that.

EDIT: BTW I think Ogier was arrogant only with his year with Loeb, 2011 was it may be?!? But he had every right to be I believe.

I agree, we're definitely talking too much about this, and sorry for my poor english :)

stefanvv
23rd February 2015, 01:16
Quote is here http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/117751
I agree it is not so much important, and I'm wondering why we are talking too much about it. maybe it's the sundey night boredom :)

It is actually already Monday where I am and I'm preparing for a veeeery long week of fight in my work:D:D:D

stefanvv
23rd February 2015, 01:21
I agree, we're definitely talking too much about this, and sorry for my poor english :)

Your English is fine, I just didn't understood why these both behaviour with fans is so important of their personal qualities.

dimviii
23rd February 2015, 01:29
Ogier brings the best a man can achieve with those cars. I admire that.
you have said it 4 times,while nobody said that isnt the best driver at wrc.But thats havent to do something that he is arrogant,and he moans at every rally at every stage he doesn t win.
This is just a pathetic behavior.Nothing more,nothing less than it.

no he is arrogant at all his rally life.At citroen all these are well known,at skoda s2000 with Mikkelsen are again well known,and at polo days again very well known.
At citroen days while he was arrogant he was also cheating, and he was lying at stage stops too.

dimviii
23rd February 2015, 01:33
Your English is fine, I just didn't understood why these both behaviour with fans is so important of their personal qualities.

maybe for you isn t important your beloved driver to be arrogant.layer,or cheater.
For many people there is.
is it so hard to understant it?

stefanvv
23rd February 2015, 01:39
maybe for you isn t important your beloved driver to be arrogant.layer,or cheater.
For many people there is.
is it so hard to understant it?

My beloved driver? That is too much. Keep me out such qualification. Arrogant, lire, cheater, well I'm not his lawyer to judge what is true and what is not. As far as he drives well, I'll like his driving.

stefanvv
23rd February 2015, 02:12
you have said it 4 times,while nobody said that isnt the best driver at wrc.But thats havent to do something that he is arrogant,and he moans at every rally at every stage he doesn t win.
This is just a pathetic behavior.Nothing more,nothing less than it.

Jack O'Neill is just the same in Stargate SG1, but he is awesome character there, isn't he?

N.O.T
23rd February 2015, 02:23
Jack O'Neill is just the same in Stargate SG1, but he is awesome character there, isn't he?

be a man and stop watching kids shows.

stefanvv
23rd February 2015, 02:50
be a man and stop watching kids shows.

Oh, which are the man shows? Don't You like Tom&Jerry too?

BTW: I only watched it for the "astrophysics" stuff years ago.

N.O.T
23rd February 2015, 03:20
Oh, which are the man shows? Don't You like Tom&Jerry too?

BTW: I only watched it for the "astrophysics" stuff years ago.

a lesson in man shows then it is...

1. Boxing
2. Motorbike Road Races
3. WRC
4. Local coverage of rally events
5. Documentaries preferably about animals eating each other alive, but scientific stuff are ok

Shows that are considered borderline Man shows and you should not be ashamed watching, but you should not over do it...

1. WRX
2. Moto GP
3. SBKs
4. DTM
5. BTCC/WTCC (once Loeb leaves it loses its man status)
6. Hillclimbs

stefanvv
23rd February 2015, 03:51
a lesson in man shows then it is...

1. Boxing
2. Motorbike Road Races
3. WRC
4. Local coverage of rally events
5. Documentaries preferably about animals eating each other alive, but scientific stuff are ok

Shows that are considered borderline Man shows and you should not be ashamed watching, but you should not over do it...

1. WRX
2. Moto GP
3. SBKs
4. DTM
5. BTCC/WTCC (once Loeb leaves it loses its man status)
6. Hillclimbs

Hah, that's interesting personal preference. DTM is nice for a circuit racing, I would also recommend Le Mans. Documentaries are also interesting, especially some "Universe" kind of stuff. Hillclimbs are definitely great.

ruesluporp
23rd February 2015, 09:38
So, some guys are just here for scrutinizing WRC drivers's behavior? Are you sure that when telling us that Ogier is: a liar, a cheater, an arrogant person, that he moans at every special stages of rallies, that he is pathetic... that all this crap will lead to something which is usefull for a rally forum?
The only thing I can withdraw from this stuff is that you have no means for highlighting your prefered drivers's performances and that Ogier is surely the only driver who makes you mad.
#GoOgier!

AL14
23rd February 2015, 09:55
So, some guys are just here for scrutinizing WRC drivers's behavior? Are you sure that when telling us that Ogier is: a liar, a cheater, an arrogant person, that he moans at every special stages of rallies, that he is pathetic... that all this crap will lead to something which is usefull for a rally forum?

Yes. This is a rally forum and we are discussing about rally drivers. Discussions and debates are what forum has been invented for.

The only thing I can withdraw from this stuff is that you have no means for highlighting your prefered drivers's performances and that Ogier is surely the only driver who makes you mad.
#GoOgier!

Nobody is talking about performances, we said it so many times I've lost the count. Talking about speed none has problems to say Ogier is the best. but for some of us driver's behaviour is somehow important, not like speed of course but something worth a discussion. Why does this bother so hard so many people?

stefanvv
23rd February 2015, 14:59
Nobody is talking about performances, we said it so many times I've lost the count. Talking about speed none has problems to say Ogier is the best. but for some of us driver's behaviour is somehow important, not like speed of course but something worth a discussion. Why does this bother so hard so many people?

Because everyone has his own favourite(s). For most of the people it's his compatriot, and they probably don't like their favourites to fail in such indisputable way. For other part of the forum there is still the "Loeb" factor, and even when he is not active in the sport any more he still is their "God".
Here we have a saying "Nobody judges the winners". So Ogier wins fair and square, I find it strange people are trying to find some personal qualities they don't like, so that You can find a good reason to still follow the Rallies, even we all know the final outcome. As much we're getting close to this final outcome, the more irritating becomes what Ogier does and what he says.
BTW seems the same applies to VW/Capito, even when there are 2 more drivers there besides Ogier....

A FONDO
23rd February 2015, 20:50
Anyway, very few and very poor clips from the rally. Getting worse every year.

This was another thing https://vimeo.com/36503511

SubaruNorway
23rd February 2015, 23:16
Anyway, very few and very poor clips from the rally. Getting worse every year.

This was another thing https://vimeo.com/36503511

I'm still at it, didn't you watch my video from this year? Maybe I'm getting worse too :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNB3DbKyRO4

Just realized last years video is the 2nd most viewed Rally Sweden video ever on youtube with 525.000 views, slightly helped by Kubica i have to admit ;)

stefanvv
23rd February 2015, 23:32
slightly helped by Kubica i have to admit ;)

Why, what had he done?

SubaruNorway
23rd February 2015, 23:42
Why, what had he done?

Went off at the Lesjöfors jump, i got it from behind and the most viewed clip from Rally Sweden is the one from the front at the same place :)
1:05 min
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoKjLyWaRKg

stefanvv
23rd February 2015, 23:49
Went off at the Lesjöfors jump, i got it from behind and the most viewed clip from Rally Sweden is the one from the front at the same place :)
1:05 min
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoKjLyWaRKg

Ah well, shocking. It's good You have it documented.

A FONDO
24th February 2015, 09:17
I'm still at it, didn't you watch my video from this year? Maybe I'm getting worse too :)

Sure I watched it and it's like an ordinary clip. The difference should be obvious -the best flat-out place has only 3-4 cars, others are slower and from poor angle.

ruesluporp
24th February 2015, 09:42
... but for some of us driver's behaviour is somehow important...

That's funny!

AL14
24th February 2015, 12:20
That's funny!

Than I'm happy to have made your day a bit brighter.

dimviii
24th February 2015, 14:03
Neuville incar ss19
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwEx0mecoIs&feature=youtu.be

N.O.T
24th February 2015, 14:50
Neuville incar ss19
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwEx0mecoIs&feature=youtu.be

the quality gave me cancer... well done WRC+

Franky
24th February 2015, 16:02

Oh no, we might lose the only God on the forum.

SubaruNorway
24th February 2015, 17:33
Sure I watched it and it's like an ordinary clip. The difference should be obvious -the best flat-out place has only 3-4 cars, others are slower and from poor angle.

Gee thanks haha!

You mean 47 sec is better than 1:27min yeah? 1:27 would be best if i had taken down that big tree at the exit :p It gets boring if you watch everyone from the same angle too so i try to change a bit when it's possible and not scared of someone stealing my spot ;)

stefanvv
24th February 2015, 17:48
You mean 47 sec is better than 1:27min yeah? 1:27 would be best if i had taken down that big tree at the exit :p It gets boring if you watch everyone from the same angle too so i try to change a bit when it's possible and not scared of someone stealing my spot ;)

Your videos are awesome, but sometimes little long to watch, I mean ~25 mins. Have You considered to make some shorter versions with the best cars/moments? Probably ~10 mins?

SubaruNorway
24th February 2015, 18:05
Your videos are awesome, but sometimes little long to watch, I mean ~25 mins. Have You considered to make some shorter versions with the best cars/moments? Probably ~10 mins?

Actually it's only 21min with cars the rest is podium ;)

I felt i had 10min of awesome clips from shakedown already, it takes a lot of time to go over it and deleted more clips so then i wouldn't manage to get it out so fast. I stayed up until 2am sunday night to finish it, i know a lot of the local guys too so that's why i brought more of the Norwegians and Swedes than usual. But i will try to make it shorter next time! :)

RICARDO75
24th February 2015, 18:09

I felt i had 10min of awesome clips from shakedown already, it takes a lot of time to go over it and deleted more clips so then i wouldn't manage to get it out so fast. I stayed up until 2am sunday night to finish it, i know a lot of the local guys too so that's why i brought more of the Norwegians and Swedes than usual. But i will try to make it shorter next time! :)

I like the way they are. Keep up the good work

stefanvv
24th February 2015, 18:12
But i will try to make it shorter next time! :)

Well I meant not in general, but just another "shorter" version. If You have time of course;)

AL14
24th February 2015, 18:25

Yes 21 minutes are too much but...Why shorter? Split it in two or three videos. We are very strange and illogical creatures. We can easily watch a dozen of videos of 5 minutes each but no way to reach the end of a 20 minutes video. I know that's weird but what can we do? ;)

SubaruNorway
24th February 2015, 18:59
Yes 21 minutes are too much but...Why shorter? Split it in two or three videos. We are very strange and illogical creatures. We can easily watch a dozen of videos of 5 minutes each but no way to reach the end of a 20 minutes video. I know that's weird but what can we do? ;)

Youtube video's pays me a months extra salary compared to my normal work so i like to concentrate on getting one video viewed more than many different ones :)

ruesluporp
24th February 2015, 19:38
Than I'm happy to have made your day a bit brighter.

There's nothing to brag about!

Micke_VOC
25th February 2015, 10:33

The quality on WRC+ are much better, someone have ripped with bad settings from there

nafpaktos
1st March 2015, 00:54
For Paddon
On top of that, the i20 that he was driving had been tested and set up around Dani Sordo’s liking.

Source :http://www.worldrallyblog.com/2015/02/17/wrc-news/anyone-notice-hayden-paddon-no-thats-good-thing/

Yes the car was for sordo,but since Hayden tested before the rally he used his own set up.why they write such things?or do i miss something?

Edit
Its not the first time i read or hear this but since i read it again i have to ask why they write such things.to my mind they write these thing just to give bigger value to his fifth overall position.

stefanvv
1st March 2015, 01:11
Its not the first time i read or hear this but since i read it again i have to ask why they write such things.to my mind they write these thing just to give bigger value to his fifth overall position.

It was well known days ago the rally started.

sollitt
1st March 2015, 03:59
Yes the car was for sordo,but since Hayden tested before the rally he used his own set up.why they write such things?or do i miss something?

Edit
Obviously you did miss something. Every article both pre & post Sweden explained the issue. Here's one now ...

But along with the new car came Sordo’s preferred differential settings - unchangeable due to component linking regulations.

Making his season debut in Sweden, Paddon got off to a slow start as he struggled to get to grips with the car’s unfamiliar handling. “The main problem was that it was set-up to be a lot more sideways on corner entry, whereas my natural style is to try and keep the car straight,” he told wrc.com.

“The front end kept coming out mid-corner when I was trying to come on power. That meant I had to be a lot more aggressive with the car - and for me that didn’t feel natural. It was a case of having to adapt over the weekend.”
There's no need to add value to Paddon's 5th placing. It was an excellent result for someone unfamiliar with snow regardless of set up.

Mk2 RS2000
1st March 2015, 04:10
For Paddon
On top of that, the i20 that he was driving had been tested and set up around Dani Sordo’s liking.

Source :http://www.worldrallyblog.com/2015/02/17/wrc-news/anyone-notice-hayden-paddon-no-thats-good-thing/

Edit

They were not permitted to change the settings for the transmissions from Sordo's so the diffs all had different breakaway setting to that which Paddon runs in his car. In turn this can then require different suspension settings. Paddon only had a one morning test session to adjust both the suspension and his driving style to suit Sordo's car prior to the rally start. Considering that by the events end he had probably doubled his lifetime experience of driving on either snow or ice he probably didn't do to bad

Extract from the 2015 regulations:
64.5 LIMITATION OF TRANSMISSION & SPARE PARTS
64.5.1 For a Manufacturer or a WRC Team, a list of linked rallies intended to be run with the same transmission and spare parts must be notified to the FIA prior to the first rally in which they will take part as:
- 2 links of 2 rallies per car,1 link of 3 rallies and 1 link of 4 rallies per seasonally allocated car number for a Manufacturer or a WRC Team which has nominated all Championship rallies.
- 4 links of 2 rallies per seasonally allocated car number for a WRC Team which has nominated 10-12 rallies.
- 3 links of 2 rallies per seasonally allocated car number for a WRC Team which has nominated 7, 8 or 9 rallies.

If a car does not finish a rally of a link, new transmission and spare parts may be sealed at scrutineering of the next rally of the link.

64.5.2 For rallies which are not linked, Arts. 64.7.2 & 63.3 will apply.

64.6 TRANSMISSIONS
For Manufacturers and WRC Teams, 2 gearbox and differential assemblies per car will be sealed on the first rally of each link. Only these units must be used on the linked rallies. If 2 gearbox and differential assemblies have been used on the first rally of a link (and/or second rally of a link in case of a link of 3 rallies and/or third rally of a link in case of a link of 4 rallies), only once per season, 2 different gearbox and differential assemblies may be sealed without incurring a penalty (Manufacturers and/or WRC Teams must inform the FIA before pre-rally scrutineering of the second or third rally of the link).

nafpaktos
1st March 2015, 14:00
Thanks both of you guys.

nafpaktos
1st March 2015, 19:06
Edit

tommeke_B
2nd March 2015, 21:11
It took a while but my photos from Rally Sweden made it to the web... :) Link: http://www.rally-image.be/foto/0444/

http://www.rally-image.be/foto/0444/images/020.jpg

http://www.rally-image.be/foto/0444/images/039.jpg

http://www.rally-image.be/foto/0444/images/065.jpg

http://www.rally-image.be/foto/0444/images/001.jpg

dimviii
2nd March 2015, 21:50
some really nice Tom!

http://www.rally-image.be/foto/0444/images/012.jpg
http://www.rally-image.be/foto/0444/images/016.jpg
http://www.rally-image.be/foto/0444/images/050.jpg
http://www.rally-image.be/foto/0444/images/062.jpg

makinen_fan
2nd March 2015, 22:34
It took a while but my photos from Rally Sweden made it to the web... :) Link: http://www.rally-image.be/foto/0444/

Awesome shots as always!

stefanvv
2nd March 2015, 22:44
yeah, I like that too:
http://www.rally-image.be/foto/0444/images/013.jpg

tommeke_B
4th March 2015, 13:49
Thanks for the compliments, nice to read! :) Next WRC event for me is Sardinia.