PDA

View Full Version : FIA Thursday press conference - Japan

News
2nd October 2014, 10:40
Reproduced with kind permission of the FIA Drivers - Nico Hulkenberg (Force India), Jules Bianchi (Marussia), Romain Grosjean (Lotus), Sebastian Vettel (Red Bull Racing), Kamui Kobayashi (Caterham), Jenson Button (McLaren)
PRESS CONFERENCE
Q: Kamui, as we're at your home race, can we start with you? Last time we saw you here you were on the podium. Just tell us what that was like for you to be on the podium at your home Grand Prix?
Kamui Kobayashi: Well, first of all, thank you for this special seat! I think in 2012, my first podium ever, in Suzuka, it's a great memory. After 2012 I break for a year and then come back in 2014. It's a very difficult situation right now but still I'm back at Suzuka. Of course, I think we have a lot of rumour before coming here but at least we can announce that we are here and we will race this week. I'm very happy about that.
Q: Indeed. In terms of the likelihood of being on the podium, it's perhaps a different story this year, but what do you say to those who have supported you. You've got a huge amount of fans here and of course it's a fantastic Grand Prix in terms of the home crowd?
KK: Yeah, I really appreciate all the support. I'm here because of only fan donation and these donations are very important for me and we show how the Japanese supporter is always supporting Formula One, also myself as well. Next year, Honda will be back and I think this will be helpful for all the Japanese fans and also maybe other Japanese companies as well. This could help one day. At least I'm here for this year and I think it will be really exciting and still it's only Thursday so many fans try to get [things] signed and it's still very nice to see for me.
Q: Thanks, I hope you have a great weekend. Jenson, you sometimes say that this is a home Grand Prix for you as well and I remember being told you're very much a Honda driver as well, which we'll talk about in a moment, but first tell us what you feel about this race. You've finished 14 out of 14 Japanese Grands Prix, plus one win, it's a remarkable record.
Jenson Button: Yeah, I think the one win stands out for me as a result, rather than just finishing 14 races. Winning here in 2011 was a very special victory for me and also being chased down by Fernando and Sebastian at the end of the race was a proper climax. Really stands out in my Formula One career.

Q: But a little bit of a shadow on the horizon at the moment, in that we don't know which way your career is going. What do you know? What can you tell us? Is it likely to be decided fairly soon?
JB: I

More... (http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2014/10/16415.html)