PDA

View Full Version : Silly Season 2015

Pages : [1] 2

EightGear
15th September 2014, 12:00
It's September and slowly we're approching the end of the season. What better way to get in the mood for 2015 by some good old fashioned gossip and rumours. :)

Yves Matton will make a decision about Citroen's driver lineup around the beginning of Ocotober. Meeke's place in the team seems quite secure, but will Ostberg remain with Citroen?

How about Hyundai's offer to Ogier? Which drivers will Hyundai keep and who will they drop? What's going to happen to Hirvonen?

You can discuss the latest rumours about driver lineups here, or share the lineups you personally would like to see. :)

N.O.T
15th September 2014, 12:08
very few will change for next year. Ogier is not stupid to go to Hyundai, Citroen cannot afford to pay anyone, Ford will choose the ones that will pay.

Eli
15th September 2014, 12:10
if M-sport will find funding that is

EightGear
15th September 2014, 12:13
if M-sport will find funding that is

Wilson has already confirmed Evans will stay with the team for next year, so there must be some security M-Sport will still be there next year.

stefanvv
15th September 2014, 12:21
I'm little curious about Toyota plans. Is it possible to sell cars to privateers or something?

N.O.T
15th September 2014, 12:26
I'm little curious about Toyota plans. Is it possible to sell cars to privateers or something?

what toyota has to do with 2015 ?

stefanvv
15th September 2014, 12:37
what toyota has to do with 2015 ?

I have no idea. Keep testing and testing....what for?

Eli
15th September 2014, 12:39
for 2017 and knockout the competition (a.k.a-VW Motorsport)

N.O.T
15th September 2014, 12:40

not for 2015...

stefanvv
15th September 2014, 12:46
Aren't there going to be dramatic changes for 2017. This Yaris looks useless if so

N.O.T
15th September 2014, 12:48
Aren't there going to be dramatic changes for 2017. This Yaris looks useless if so

go complain to the finances manager of Toyota then... still nothing to do with 2015.

stefanvv
15th September 2014, 13:52
go complain to the finances manager of Toyota then... still nothing to do with 2015.

:D, I don't have problems with this.
Back to the thread anyway... Ogier in Hyundai will be a mistake for him I believe, it's not very reliable, and with the new model it might only get worse.

bluuford
15th September 2014, 14:03
:D, I don't have problems with this.
Back to the thread anyway... Ogier in Hyundai will be a mistake for him I believe, it's not very reliable, and with the new model it might only get worse.

Why mistake? You have the possibility to double your salary, you have already 2 WRC titles and you have the possibility to show that you are better than your past opponent by winning championships for different car Manufacturers. And now he has a wife and sooner or later children as well... rapid salary rise is needed :-P

N.O.T
15th September 2014, 14:08
Why mistake? You have the possibility to double your salary, you have already 2 WRC titles and you have the possibility to show that you are better than your past opponent by winning championships for different car Manufacturers. And now he has a wife and sooner or later children as well... rapid salary rise is needed :-P

It is a mistake because you cannot win the championship... I do not think that Hyundai can offer him that much more money than VW. And that stupid thing about proving yourself is nonsense...you prove yourself by increasing your wins and championship titles, not by participating with an inferior car.

[WRCRR]
15th September 2014, 14:20
Actually, Toyota Yaris testing MIGHT have something to do with 2015 after all. There are some rumors that a semi-official deal build around the Yaris might arise for 2015-16. Would most likely not be a full season effort, definitely not in 2015 at least. Why, you ask?

Well, there are clear indications that all is not dandy between Toyota HQ in Japan and Toyota Motorsport GmbH in Köln. The F1 program was a disappointment and Köln hasn't been able to deliver a Le Mans victory yet either. So the jury is still very much out concerning the rally program with TMG. There were already some machinations with Tommi Mäkinen Racing this summer...on a very high level.

So, might a semi-official effort be needed for the Köln team for 2015-16 to get Toyota fully commited to a 2017 and beyond factory effort with them? To show that the team is capable of delivering? To see whether the interest is there from the media etc.? To get competition experience? Toyota has also done similar things before, like the engine deal with Rebellion Racing in WEC before the official factory effort a year later. Impossible? Not at all. Likely? Not very...

My personal opinion: the semi-official deal will not happen, after all. But the possibility is there.

For the other teams, here's what I think.

Volkswagen

Would be very surprising to see Ogier leave, ditto Latvala - almost certain that there will be no changes here. Only possibility is if Ogier truly wants to chase the money and Hyundai makes a crazy offer...doubt it. Mikkelsen wants to stay too, but if any VW driver would leave it would be him. If Ogier and Latvala continue at VW beyond 2015 surely at least then it is time to move on for Mikkelsen - in couple of years he needs to be able to lead a team, that might never happen at VW. But 2015 is still ok for him at VW. Kubica was already looking for a VW for this season, there might be a possibility of that in 2015 (or not). Fourth car?

Hyundai

Neuville stays, he signed a long term contract with them last year. Hänninen prefers to stay, but would like to have a full season - as would probably Sordo. So one of them might leave, if a compromise can't be found. Paddon has been impressive and I think additional outings in the third car are on the cards for 2015. Atkinson will not return to the team, Bouffier might for some rounds (like Monte). Might Hyundai be interested about Mikkelsen? Possibly. Ostberg or Hirvonen? Not so much...

Citroën

Meeke will stay, Ostberg might not. If Citroën decides to get rid of Ostberg, there are couple of options. Mikkelsen might be one, but he would want to have a multi-year deal that Citroën currently might not be able to give to lure him out of VW. Matton was already last year trying to get Hänninen for some rounds before he was signed by Hyundai. If Hyundai doesn't want him, might be a decent option for Citroën - in my opinion, the best one if available. What about P. Solberg - well, would be a REALLY huge surprise for him to leave WRX now when he is on a verge of a title and has build a great team competing with RX powerhouse teams like MSE, with possible options for a factory deal in the future. And why would Citroën even want him? But, stranger things have happened... One thing is clear though - Citroën wants a more experienced driver, so rookies (like Chardonnet) are out of question. Al Qassimi will continue with the team for some rounds, like in 2014. Also, Citroën has already promised to field a car for Räikkönen if he leaves Ferrari/F1 early...

M-Sport

Future uncertain as always but M-Sport will continue and Evans will stay. Kubica might stay if he doesn't get a better deal from elsewhere. Hirvonen will not stay. There are many rumors for the second car. Tänak, if there is money. Novikov, if there is money. Sordo? Ostberg?. You know the deal. Protasov is looking for some kind of deal with M-Sport for 2015 but will probably be outside of the "main" team. Biggest problem is that the team would desperately need a main sponsor...one possibility is to have rotating drivers in the second/third car bringing money. Where might Hirvonen go? Retire, and/or get a cozy testing job with Toyota...(or maybe even a little bit more).

stefanvv
15th September 2014, 14:25

I've been witness to greedy drivers before, it didn't do anything good. Since when You need millions for a wife and kid(s) (well it must depend on the wife I guess:D)

stefanvv
15th September 2014, 15:08
;1016154']Well, there are clear indications that all is not dandy between Toyota HQ in Japan and Toyota Motorsport GmbH in Köln. The F1 program was a disappointment and Köln hasn't been able to deliver a Le Mans victory yet either. So the jury is still very much out concerning the rally program with TMG. There were already some machinations with Tommi Mäkinen Racing this summer...on a very high level.

Yeah, it's difficult against AUDI in Le Mans. Peugeot already heavily crashed into that wall. But Toyota are doing better with the challenge I must admit, almost happened this year. F1 program I won't comment, clearly a mistake. But in Rally they have big traditions and probably there should concentrate their efforts, though it won't be easy against VW as well. I personally prefer Toyota before Hyundai, that is my opinion.

;1016154']So, might a semi-official effort be needed for the Köln team for 2015-16 to get Toyota fully commited to a 2017 and beyond factory effort with them? To show that the team is capable of delivering? To see whether the interest is there from the media etc.? To get competition experience? Toyota has also done similar things before, like the engine deal with Rebellion Racing in WEC before the official factory effort a year later. Impossible? Not at all. Likely? Not very...

My personal opinion: the semi-official deal will not happen, after all. But the possibility is there.

There was something also with infamous Motorsport Italia earlier I think. So Toyota are definitelly interested in some semi-part deal as it seems. But then there are the fears of great failure undermining their bright future program from 2017 on. Anything is possible...

semsem
15th September 2014, 15:51
Alastair Moffitt, Communications manager for TMG, was quoted in MotorsportMonday.com on 25 August as saying: "There is no indication from Japan that this model has any ultimate use in competition terms. The Yaris WRC will not be homologated". So, what is the object of this project?

MJW
15th September 2014, 16:35
Jost Capito is pushing for evolutionary change in 2017 not radical tech changes. Capito also refered the FIA to their own decision to comit to a ten year life for the global race engine, 1.6litre direct injection turbo. Jost said any new (hybrid) engine in 2017 breaks the ten year stability agreement that allowed VW to comit.

AndyRAC
15th September 2014, 17:32
And we all know that Jost almost runs the WRC....... Well not yet..... ;)

I'd love to see Toyota back - but watching the videos of the Yaris testing; hmm, it's hardly jaw dropping is it? Shouldn't a WRCar leave you stunned?

stefanvv
15th September 2014, 19:44
It looks decent to me. Not far from Ford and Hyundai. But there seem lot of work for VW challenge.

Rallyper
15th September 2014, 20:44
Rumours of VW and Huyndai starting junior teams next year.

Tidemand, Paddon could be there.

Raikkonen just officially said he finish his career in Ferrari when times come. Back to WRC in Citroen looks possible. Petter to Ford with a little help from own sponsors?

Ostberg? Back to Ford?

Mikko? For sure he´s enough fast to be second driver whereever there is place.

If Huyndai lures Ogier Mikko might be third driver at VW after JML and Mikkelsen?

Miika
15th September 2014, 20:55
Ogier "considering Hyundai" is only about Ogier milking more money out of VW, no way will he throw away the best drive there is at the moment. And Mikko to VW is definitely in line with the title 'silly'.

Eli
15th September 2014, 21:01
i'm sorry but with all due respect to Hirvonen, he needs to give up his place, who will replace him, I don't know if it's Ott or whoever but he needs to give it up, all season long he hasn't been fast enough thorugh the most of the season, i mean only one podium in portugal, he was consistent but in being 5th. as for the other Drivers, if Hyundai don't offer something special, looks like VW will stay with their lineup, as for Hyundai -Thierry & Juho (with Paddon and Sordo in the N team). M-Sport-if they get the funding, Elfyn and Ott. Citroen: Kris & Petter.

Jack4688`
15th September 2014, 21:09
If Ostberg gets dropped and Shitroen keep Krash Meeke on for another year to try and best Kubica in the crashing title (most number of crashes in a season, most number of crashes in a single rally, most number of crashes in a single leg of a rally) of the WRC he should feel pretty hard done by. He's ahead of Meeke after Australia in the points (OK only one place and 7 points), but I fear the kind of thing that matters to the team is what driver offers them the most monetary benefit (through marketing etc. not just bringing in sponsorship money) not who will deliver rally results.

And we all know that Jost almost runs the WRC....... Well not yet..... ;)

I'd love to see Toyota back - but watching the videos of the Yaris testing; hmm, it's hardly jaw dropping is it? Shouldn't a WRCar leave you stunned?

How about this?

http://www.timeattack.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Olly-Clark.jpg

stefanvv
15th September 2014, 21:19
i'm sorry but with all due respect to Hirvonen, he needs to give up his place, who will replace him, I don't know if it's Ott or whoever but he needs to give it up, all season long he hasn't been fast enough thorugh the most of the season, i mean only one podium in portugal, he was consistent but in being 5th. as for the other Drivers, if Hyundai don't offer something special, looks like VW will stay with their lineup, as for Hyundai -Thierry & Juho (with Paddon and Sordo in the N team). M-Sport-if they get the funding, Elfyn and Ott. Citroen: Kris & Petter.

I have to agree. With all due respect to him, he is just struggling, and fans are struggling too watch him struggling. This is not what WRC is about.... finish. Better to give up the place for some young driver who is trying for something...

rage82
15th September 2014, 22:21
If Ostberg gets dropped and Shitroen keep Krash Meeke on for another year to try and best Kubica in the crashing title (most number of crashes in a season, most number of crashes in a single rally, most number of crashes in a single leg of a rally) of the WRC he should feel pretty hard done by. He's ahead of Meeke after Australia in the points (OK only one place and 7 points), but I fear the kind of thing that matters to the team is what driver offers them the most monetary benefit (through marketing etc. not just bringing in sponsorship money) not who will deliver rally results.

How about this?

http://www.timeattack.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Olly-Clark.jpg
Sorry, but are you serious? Meeke has proved this season that he's the third fastest guy behind Ogier and Latvala and that's with far less experience. He's definately the best option for Citroen at the moment and Yves knows that;)

rage82
15th September 2014, 22:23
What about Tanak in Citroen as second driver, learning the car in the first year and Mads back to Ford?

Rallyper
16th September 2014, 01:01

So you´ve found a faster driver then? hasn´t been fast enough? Well, not to win, but podiums on PS says a lot. So you think Ott can axle his place? Well not yet.

GigiGalliNo1
16th September 2014, 02:20
From the service park at Rally Australia gone by from source..

Meeke to VW
Ogier back to Citroen (Abu-Dhabi have 2016-19 sponsorship with Citroen) as not getting along with Joost
Evans to Citroen
Hyundai stays the same
Tanak to M-Sport

N.O.T
16th September 2014, 02:56

Meeke to VW
Ogier back to Citroen (Abu-Dhabi have 2016-19 sponsorship with Citroen) as not getting along with Joost
Evans to Citroen
Hyundai stays the same
Tanak to M-Sport

go to bed its late...

Doon
16th September 2014, 08:26
go to bed its late...

Lol

AndyRAC
16th September 2014, 09:25

Meeke to VW
Evans to Citroen
Hyundai stays the same
Tanak to M-Sport

I'd like to know what your source is smoking...... :smokin:

stefanvv
16th September 2014, 09:50
Sorry, but are you serious? Meeke has proved this season that he's the third fastest guy behind Ogier and Latvala and that's with far less experience. He's definately the best option for Citroen at the moment and Yves knows that;)

Yep, Meeke is the best option for Citroen. He is not 1st driver by chance. He is fast for sure and second part of the season he proves he can be consistent. Probably needs a victory to get more confidence. For Ostberg I'm not so sure. Tries to do something with his driving style, but the progress isn't there.

Ford must keep Evans and find a replacement for Hirvonen. Sordo might be a good option as experienced driver side for Evans.

Hyundai are doing good for some drivers giving them a chance to do some Rallies, but they need constant lineup of 2 drivers. Hanninen for 2nd? And probably other drivers in the "N" team?

Don't see any reason VW to change their lineups. Probably another driver for the 2nd team? Abbring? Tidemand?

MJW
16th September 2014, 10:53
I'd like to know what your source is smoking...... :smokin:
Wait and see ;-)

bassist
16th September 2014, 12:25

Meeke to VW
Evans to Citroen
Hyundai stays the same
Tanak to M-Sport

Now, this I`d love to see- but I think it might be a Fairytale!!!

AndyRAC
16th September 2014, 12:42
It just seems too incredible to be true. If it was true, it would be the most sensational/ bizarre set of moves I can remember.

Doon
16th September 2014, 13:09
It would be great, and open up the championship but this set of moves will not happen.

GigiGalliNo1
16th September 2014, 13:42
If you could understand the relationship difficulties Ogier is having with Captito and in the service park...

And to see how Ogier is speaking to the media... (just to add not only 'how' but 'what' he says - and not to the open media to report...)

Then you would believe Ogier's switch. Matton has spoken to Ogier and Ogier has spoken to Matton. Can I make it any more clear?

Silverbullet050
16th September 2014, 13:45
But why would meeke then be out? surely it would make since to have both drivers. That is if it were to happen.

MJW
16th September 2014, 13:51
But why would meeke then be out? surely it would make since to have both drivers. That is if it were to happen.

Meeke to VW

EightGear
16th September 2014, 13:56
This is what makes silly season so much fun. Ogier leaving VW would be very refreshing for the championship.

But how on earth would Citroen be able to pay Ogier 10 million?

dimviii
16th September 2014, 14:34
If you could understand the relationship difficulties Ogier is having with Captito and in the service park...

And to see how Ogier is speaking to the media... (just to add not only 'how' but 'what' he says - and not to the open media to report...)

Then you would believe Ogier's switch. Matton has spoken to Ogier and Ogier has spoken to Matton. Can I make it any more clear?

Οgier did the same when at Citroen with Ford.
imho just wants to make some profit.

RS
16th September 2014, 15:36
I doubt there will be many changes in the end.

Hirvonen out and Tanak in I suppose.

Ostberg may be in danger, but depends if they could find someone to replace him. Sordo maybe?

N.O.T
16th September 2014, 15:43

still sleeping ? wake up...

the sniper
16th September 2014, 15:59

Evans to Citroen

This makes the least sense to me. Surely Evans is (at the moment) largely Malcolm's pet project. As much as I'd like to see Evans do well in future, I think M-Sport have been rather generous giving him this opportunity and I just can't see why he'd leave in the short term.

EightGear
16th September 2014, 16:12
Ostberg may be in danger, but depends if they could find someone to replace him. Sordo maybe?

I doubt Citroen will take Sordo back again. They sacked him less than 12 months ago.

RS
16th September 2014, 16:42
I doubt Citroen will take Sordo back again. They sacked him less than 12 months ago.

They didn't exactly sack him, they just decided not to employ him this year, right?

I'd take him over Ostberg, personally.

Doon
16th September 2014, 16:42
Hyundai have approached Ogier also, haven't they? This would be more feasible, although still unlikely.

Eli
16th September 2014, 16:53
if Ogier moves to Hyundai next year it will be very intresting season-2015.

jens
16th September 2014, 17:54

Citroen let Sordo go after 2010, and took him back in 2013...

EightGear
16th September 2014, 18:05
Citroen let Sordo go after 2010, and took him back in 2013...
That's exactly what I meant: they took him back 1 time, I doubt they will do it again.

Jack4688`
16th September 2014, 18:12

I am serious. Don't get me wrong - I don't think Ostberg is a great driver, possibly as inconsistent as Meeke. And let's not forget he's had the same number of podiums this year as Meeke - with one of those being 2nd place - and a power stage win. Meeke is surely experienced enough now to not be crashing as often as he does.

I'm not saying Ostberg is easily the better driver of the two, just that the pair are closely matched and I don't understand all the hype that goes Meeke's way. Yes he is quick and has been for most of the season, but like any other Brit in a sport where the country hasn't had a lot of success in recent years our journos are heaping too much expectation on him - but my opinion is that he's not as good as that.

Doon
16th September 2014, 19:28
I don't think it's just the journalists who are hyping him. The drivers, Ogier and Latvala think he's quick and at the start of recent events (since Finland) are more worried about him than anyone else. If you are talking WRC experience between Ostberg and Meeke, then Ostberg has faright more WRC starts in a WRC car to his name. Remember this is Meeke's first full season.

dodge33cymru
17th September 2014, 08:14
Yes, and at the moment he looks like the only person on gravel who is able to make any sort of impact on the VWs. You're right, his finishing record is poor and he drives beyond himself, but he has a chance of challenging them whereas Ostberg (who I'm a big fan of) hasn't been able to at all this year.

skarderud
17th September 2014, 09:07
I'm also i little bit disapointed what mads has done this year.
He has struggeled a bit to find a way to drive the ds3, and has started to adjust his drivingstyle to the car, after giving up to adjust the car to his normal way of driving. But australia should be the rally he shown his "new/real me" but that was not wery much sun in that story. I can think of the desperate situation when your teammate you should be on par with drive around you in circles.....

dodge33cymru
17th September 2014, 09:14
Not to mention that he's run out of chances, with two tarmac rounds up next.

I can't see Ford asking him back, after their experience with Hirvonen this year, but I wonder how many better options Citroen realistically have available? By keeping Meeke, they need a reliable points-scorer for the other car.

I'm not the most up-to-date on these things, so a quick question: what's the contract situation with Lappi? Is he tied to VW/Skoda or would he be an option if someone wanted him?

Grant_RSA
17th September 2014, 12:51
How about Ostberg going back to Ford and Citroen take a gamble on Tanak coming good to support / push Meeke?

Iv always been a big fan of Mikko , but sadly he hasn't come good this year.

GigiGalliNo1
17th September 2014, 14:53
Abu Dhabi have money for Citroen for 2016 to 2019 if I haven't mentioned already. This is fact.

N.O.T
17th September 2014, 15:01
Abu Dhabi have money for Citroen for 2016 to 2019 if I haven't mentioned already. This is fact.

you did... but you post so many rubbish that none takes you seriously...even when you are right.

mohit
17th September 2014, 16:47
At Citroen solberg is confirmed for 2014 as per Colin Clark and Henning Solberg.

So to be honest all is possible.

Thanks

N.O.T
17th September 2014, 16:49
lol.

mohit
17th September 2014, 17:21
Yae
Lol
Y not !

Eli
17th September 2014, 18:54
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/115913 that should end the rumors that Ogier will move anywhere.

N.O.T
17th September 2014, 19:17
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/115913 that should end the rumors that Ogier will move anywhere.

LOLZZZZ how can this be ??? Shocking news...

Eli
17th September 2014, 19:36
LOLZZZZ how can this be ??? Shocking news...

yeah i figured it would shut up whoever talked about it.

Mk2 RS2000
18th September 2014, 02:11
you did... but you post so many rubbish that none takes you seriously...even when you are right.

Pot Vs Kettle..............

N.O.T
18th September 2014, 02:36
Pot Vs Kettle..............

in a way yes.... but in different context...

GigiGalliNo1
18th September 2014, 09:19

Thank you :)

RS
18th September 2014, 10:23
I'm not the most up-to-date on these things, so a quick question: what's the contract situation with Lappi? Is he tied to VW/Skoda or would he be an option if someone wanted him?

I think he is with Skoda next year, but besides he is not ready yet. I still believe he will win this years ERC title but crashing on Ypres and Barum has set him back somewhat when he has been given an open goal by Peugeot.

Hartusvuori
18th September 2014, 11:02
I think he is with Skoda next year, but besides he is not ready yet. I still believe he will win this years ERC title but crashing on Ypres and Barum has set him back somewhat when he has been given an open goal by Peugeot.

I can't remember reading anything comfirmed for Lappi for next year, but I too believe he will stay with Skoda. This year has been good for him despite odd crashes in Ypres and Zlin. However the pace he has been showing is good and once he gets more experience, it'll be time for him to move forward. I hope to see more WRC starts for him next year, though.

RS
18th September 2014, 11:12
I can't remember reading anything comfirmed for Lappi for next year, but I too believe he will stay with Skoda. This year has been good for him despite odd crashes in Ypres and Zlin. However the pace he has been showing is good and once he gets more experience, it'll be time for him to move forward. I hope to see more WRC starts for him next year, though.

I was impressed with his pace in Ireland, definitely improved a lot on tarmac in the last year. Let's see how the end of the season goes, I guess he will start on Valais and Corsica.

Mirek
18th September 2014, 11:39

This season was a lot up and down. He showed great pace in Ireland but also surprisingly bad results for example in Estonia where it was not only an issue of the top speed. Besides that it was his decision to have both sealed gearboxes with short ratios and that's really weird.

bluuford
18th September 2014, 13:30
This season was a lot up and down. He showed great pace in Ireland but also surprisingly bad results for example in Estonia where it was not only an issue of the top speed. Besides that it was his decision to have both sealed gearboxes with short ratios and that's really weird.
Yeah... it was really strange. He told in the commentaries that he is taking time in the corners.. It was big lie. I was in a very slow place on two stages (blind corners and small crests). Lukyanuk was approximately 2-3 seconds faster than him in one 1km long section there. He was on the pace of 2WD there. Wiegand was way more impressive there with the same car.

Eli
18th September 2014, 14:05
Wiegand was way more impressive there with the same car.

how come Wiegand wasn't given a chance in the WRC yet? just to see if he's any good.

EightGear
18th September 2014, 14:07
how come Wiegand wasn't given a chance in the WRC yet? just to see if he's any good.

Because he has never proven anything to deserve it. He didn't really develop during recent years and I doubt he ever will.

Mirek
18th September 2014, 14:30
Because he has never proven anything to deserve it. He didn't really develop during recent years and I doubt he ever will.

He will probably never become the very top driver but it's harsh to say he is not developing. For example his three starts in Barum.

2012 - 10th, +7:21, average 1,94 s/km
2013 - 4th, +3:04, average 0,78 s/km
2014 - 2nd, +51, average 0,22 s/km

RS
18th September 2014, 15:48
This season was a lot up and down. He showed great pace in Ireland but also surprisingly bad results for example in Estonia where it was not only an issue of the top speed.

I also expected a fightback from him on the second day of Acropolis, but it didn't happen. And he used the shorter gearbox on the faster asphalt stages on day one there too.

pantealex
18th September 2014, 20:17

He started 6 times last year in WRC2 and was 6th (MC 1, SWE 3, POR 3, ITA Ret, GER 4, ESP Ret)

EightGear
19th September 2014, 12:28
Colin Clark via twitter:

"VWs with Seb and JML dominating the WRC right now. My 5 to challenge them in 2015. @thierryneuville @krismeeke @OttTanak Novikov and Solberg."

So Tanak, Petter and Novikov back in WRC cars. I like Petter, but I'd like to see a new guy get a chance. Petter has had loads already.

Eli
19th September 2014, 12:57
why bring back novikoff why? it's because of the sponsers isn't it...M-Sport are in tough shape...

EightGear
19th September 2014, 12:59
why bring back novikoff why? it's because of the sponsers isn't it...M-Sport are in tough shape...

It will probably a private entry, he will pay for it so he won't take a seat from anyone else.

N.O.T
19th September 2014, 13:39
i would suggest not to take people who are not members of teams very seriously.

EightGear
21st September 2014, 19:36
Maybe Citroen will 'introduce a new name' to the WRC team. Matton thinks there are too few drivers available to challenge at the top, so he may choose someone without much WR car experience.

http://www.rallye-magazin.de/rallyes/wm/nachrichten/news-detail/d/2014/09/20/setzt-citroen-erneut-auf-neue-fahrer/index.html

rage82
21st September 2014, 21:56
Maybe Citroen will 'introduce a new name' to the WRC team. Matton thinks there are too few drivers available to challenge at the top, so he may choose someone without much WR car experience.

http://www.rallye-magazin.de/rallyes/wm/nachrichten/news-detail/d/2014/09/20/setzt-citroen-erneut-auf-neue-fahrer/index.html
Any particular name?

MJW
21st September 2014, 21:58
Any particular name?

Stephane Lefebrve

EightGear
21st September 2014, 21:59
Any particular name?
Not in the article.

Eli
21st September 2014, 22:55
Any particular name?

maybe Sebastien Chardonnet, who knows...

MJW
21st September 2014, 23:14
It is interesting that last week Citroen held a big PR event, current WTCC and WRC drivers attended and drove a variety of cars, also the young drivers Koci, Lefebrve and Chardonnet were present and drove DS3 WRC cars. I am sure that data from the tests has been analysed and maybe something from this has prompted the 'lets promote a young driver' option. Plus a young driver will drive for free, whilst some of the other names previously mentioned linked with Citroen will want to be paid. I would guess its either Lefebrve or Chardonnet.

rage82
22nd September 2014, 09:47
Lefebrve is very promising indeed but I think honestly to promote him in Citroen factory team is a little bit earlier. It will be better for him if he drives next season R5 machinery and learn all the rallies in the championship. As of Seb. Chardonnet I don't think he's fast enough to be in WRC car - just look his results this year.

tommeke_B
22nd September 2014, 11:02
Lefebrve is very promising indeed but I think honestly to promote him in Citroen factory team is a little bit earlier. It will be better for him if he drives next season R5 machinery and learn all the rallies in the championship. As of Seb. Chardonnet I don't think he's fast enough to be in WRC car - just look his results this year.

There's also the question for Citroën, about what is best... Having an extra WRC car, which may be more expensive itself. Or having an extra R5 car that's different to their other cars in service, and having to tackle all the reliability issues that may come with it?

rage82
22nd September 2014, 14:31
There's also the question for Citroën, about what is best... Having an extra WRC car, which may be more expensive itself. Or having an extra R5 car that's different to their other cars in service, and having to tackle all the reliability issues that may come with it?
Good point about the extra WRC car, maybe Lefebvre can drive the car of Khalid when he is not participating?

MJW
23rd September 2014, 23:16
I agree about Seb Chardonnet, I think ERC is his level. Lefebrve is my tip for the next superstar driver from France.

Mirek
23rd September 2014, 23:41
When Citroën put Ogier into the WRC car he had less behind him than Lefevbre. He won JWRC, true, but against whom? Prokop & co. Before that he has done only some two or three seasons in French Peugeot 206 XS cup. Lefevbre needs experience with WRC stages that's for sure but I don't think it's too early for him if they have money for an extra WRC car. If they don't it's too risky in my opinion to promote him into point-scoring driver.

EightGear
23rd September 2014, 23:55
What about Kevin Abbring? Why is he entered in Rallye de France by the Peugeot Rally Academy?

Matton said he would wait untill after France before he makes a decision about next year. Maybe it's a bit far fetched and yes I'm biased, but who knows?

Mirek
24th September 2014, 00:00
Agree, Abbring seems to be the best choice from young non-WRC drivers.

stefanvv
24th September 2014, 00:35
Abbring is very good driver. I'd like to see him in WRC. I was impressed already when was driving Fabia S2000.

A FONDO
24th September 2014, 10:37
Agree, Kevin is good and he also seems quite calm. I still think he should've been chosen instead of Mikelsen, but managers' affairs dictate things....

rage82
24th September 2014, 10:45
Yes, Abbring is indeed very fast and promising guy. Also he has some expirience with the WRC rallies having participated in JWRC and driving the Fabia s2000 for VW in 2012. Last but not the least he has proved already that he's a very fast learner when it comes to surface and type of car.

Tofrallye29
27th September 2014, 10:35
I agree about Seb Chardonnet, I think ERC is his level. Lefebrve is my tip for the next superstar driver from France.
IMO the next French "superstar driver" like you said will be Eric Camilli. He won in 2012 Rallye Jeune, the selection of FFSA (french motorsport federation), last year he did 5 round of French championship in DS3 R1 and 2 round in DS3 R3. In rallye du Var he finished 2nd afer a huge battle with Cédric Robert. This year he discovered gravel in 208 Cup and each times he was fighting for victory. In Limousin (tarmac) he beats Lefebvre. He had to stop the 208 because he has too many technical problems but he was the fastest. In Rallye d'Antibes he discovered the 207S200, he was 3rd before problems very close of Bouffier and Maurin. In Germany he discovered a new codriver and the stages and he was leading before crash. This man is very impressive.

You have also Rossel, he won Rallye Jeune last year, for his first year in rallying he will probably win the french junior championship.
The both will do the rallye de France in Junior WRC with the support of FFSA.

Mihai
27th September 2014, 22:13
I believe it's unfair to dismiss Seb. Chardonnet judging from his WRC-2 season so far. The car was late and not that competitive out-of-the-box. He drove a WRcar in a WRC event only once and he finished 10th. Give him an Elfyn Evans season in 2015 and he will be up to speed in '16. In case Citroen will still be in the WRC by then.

Sch17
6th October 2014, 14:06
Obviously VW will be the same.
Hyundai- Neuville Sordo / On the N Team Padoon( i hope he wont i think at the moment there are many better drivers. Hirvonen could be interesting)
Citroen - Meeke( Petter Solberg maybe? :) ) Ostberg and in 2015 will be the third Citroen WRC like earlier years. That will be driven by Sebastien Chardonnet and Stephane Lefebvr will be with R5!!
M-Sport- Evans and Ott Tanak and on some events maybe Quentin Gilbert??
If Petter come back, it could be very interesting, which team that he will choose ( M-Sport or Citroen) He won the RX with DS3

Co-driven
6th October 2014, 14:22
Obviously VW will be the same.
Hyundai- Neuville Sordo / On the N Team Padoon( i hope he wont i think at the moment there are many better drivers. Hirvonen could be interesting)
Citroen - Meeke( Petter Solberg maybe? :) ) Ostberg and in 2015 will be the third Citroen WRC like earlier years. That will be driven by Sebastien Chardonnet and Stephane Lefebvr will be with R5!!
M-Sport- Evans and Ott Tanak and on some events maybe Quentin Gilbert??
If Petter come back, it could be very interesting, which team that he will choose ( M-Sport or Citroen) He won the RX with DS3

I don't think Petter is coming back. Recently he said that he was aiming for a manufacturer support to continue his fight in RX.

Sch17
6th October 2014, 15:24
I don't think Petter is coming back. Recently he said that he was aiming for a manufacturer support to continue his fight in RX.

Thats sad :( . I think WRC needs his Energy

N.O.T
23rd October 2014, 17:59

Meeke to VW
Evans to Citroen
Hyundai stays the same
Tanak to M-Sport

http://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/october/ogier-simple-contract/page/1878--12-12-.html

next time keep those retarded rumours you hear from your nobody "inside" sources to yourself...

Tom206wrc
23rd October 2014, 18:25
I can imagine Eric Camilli entering JWRC 2015, winning it and getting the DS3 R5 for WRC2 2016 :D

Jack4688`
26th October 2014, 16:00
Hopefully Hirvonen has a greater chance of staying with M-Sport for next season after his result this weekend. Let's not forget he is 4th in the championship and the only drivers ahead of him are all the Volkswagens.

It would be a mistake to get rid of him for Tanak, as has been most commonly suggested.

Miika
26th October 2014, 16:15
You pay, you stay. Simple.

jacko
26th October 2014, 16:39
Hopefully Hirvonen has a greater chance of staying with M-Sport for next season after his result this weekend. Let's not forget he is 4th in the championship and the only drivers ahead of him are all the Volkswagens
It would be a mistake to get rid of him for Tanak, as has been most commonly suggested.

Do you think it will be better with Hirvonen next year and possible to compete with VW-boys? What's the point of another season like this ? Yes he did a good job here in Spain but it's one of the highlights this season what was general speaking not a good year, specially if you look to the difference in (stage-)times and when you look at his results compare with his teammate Evans. You mus remember Hirvonen is the driver with the most experience of all. Last year he had all in hands to win (rally's and possible than the title) but there was already the missing extra drive, the extra speed to fight with Ogier and Latvala. I like the man for sure, he's good but it's time for fresh new drivers. Look at Meeke this season, he was (not for me after his speed last year in specially Finland and also in Australia) still the suprise for many and he has proven he is his seat more than worth in the WRC.

In my view Hirvonen will retire and a new job could be to develop the new Toyota WRC if they get the green light from the headquarters. Or to move on like Petter in to the WRX.

Next week Hyundai will come with the news that Neuville and Paddon will drive the full season with Sordo & Hanninen in a third car. That's what i believe. I hope even a fourth car for Kevin Abbring.
Citroën, well there's not much to choose on, Meeke is fixed i believe, second car is for Ostberg again with hopefully Kevin Abbring in a third car, or Tanak (he did most of the WRC-rally's at least two times) when there's only money for two cars.
M-Sport will pick up what's left over (and with money your chances are better).

bluuford
26th October 2014, 17:13
It is way too early to put Paddon to Hyundai main team. I hope he does all the rallies with Hyundai N team next year (They can get more feedback from competition+more testing days), Neuville will be driver nr 1 and driver nr 2 will be Sordo+ Hänninen for some events on gravel+snow.

EightGear
26th October 2014, 17:17
Hyundai aren't even sure about a 3rd car, so a 4th car will be highly unlikely.

It is way too early to put Paddon to Hyundai main team. I hope he does all the rallies with Hyundai N team next year (They can get more feedback from competition+more testing days), Neuville will be driver nr 1 and driver nr 2 will be Sordo+ Hänninen for some events on gravel+snow.

That's what I'm assuming will be the reality. Spanish press say Sordo has a deal for 10 rounds.

Jack4688`
26th October 2014, 18:46
Spanish press say Sordo has a deal for 10 rounds.

The commentators mentioned that in the power stage covereage - apparently Luis Moya said as much. But obviously no confirmation from Hyundai themselves.

Do you think it will be better with Hirvonen next year and possible to compete with VW-boys?

No. But then who will? It'll have to be someone pretty impressive to put a dent in the VW dominance.

Yes he did a good job here in Spain but it's one of the highlights this season what was general speaking not a good year, specially if you look to the difference in (stage-)times and when you look at his results compare with his teammate Evans.

True, we must compare him to Evans who is in his debut full season - so you would expect him to be miles ahead of Evans. But still he is the best of the rest. I think it's unfair that his position in the standings has gone unnoticed. He may have had no podiums up until RACC but but he's been consistent (albeit consistently underwhelming and average), which is why he's taken home enough points to get to 4th.

In my view Hirvonen will retire and a new job could be to develop the new Toyota WRC if they get the green light from the headquarters. Or to move on like Petter in to the WRX.

Another tid-bit from the commentary from the power stage is that Hirvonen is determined to stay in the WRC next season. He won't leave without putting up a fight.

EightGear
26th October 2014, 18:50
He may have had no podiums up until RACC.

Actually he finished 2nd in Portugal. The Iberian peninsula is being kind to him this year.

Jack4688`
26th October 2014, 20:37
Forgot that! I was even looking today at his results this year and failed to notice haha

Sch17
26th October 2014, 22:44
Is there any news about Ostberg?

WUff1
27th October 2014, 14:45
Is there any news about Ostberg?

If he (still) pays, he stays.

wwbroe
28th October 2014, 12:33
According to this article, Loeb might run in Monte Carlo 2015. Would be a good idea for Citroen i suppose.
http://www.rallye-magazin.de/rallyes/wm/nachrichten/news-detail/d/2014/10/28/startet-loeb-bei-der-monte/index.html

manthey
28th October 2014, 13:09
According to this article, Loeb might run in Monte Carlo 2015. Would be a good idea for Citroen i suppose.
http://www.rallye-magazin.de/rallyes/wm/nachrichten/news-detail/d/2014/10/28/startet-loeb-bei-der-monte/index.html

I didn't understand a thing, in the last section...wrc for 2015 has test-limits or the article is maybe referring to the fact that Loeb could test intesively the revised/updated 2015 ds3?

wwbroe
28th October 2014, 14:46
I didn't understand a thing, in the last section...wrc for 2015 has test-limits or the article is maybe referring to the fact that Loeb could test intesively the revised/updated 2015 ds3?

That is what is said there, Loeb has no limits in testing

manthey
28th October 2014, 18:37
That is what is said there, Loeb has no limits in testing

what I would like to know ( maybe I lost new rules about testing)is...For official drivers will be a certain-limited amount of test days?

stefanvv
28th October 2014, 21:15
what I would like to know ( maybe I lost new rules about testing)is...For official drivers will be a certain-limited amount of test days?

Yes, days are limited. Factory teams have more though than support/private teams.

rage82
28th October 2014, 21:34
42 days for manufactures and 1 0 days for teams

manthey
29th October 2014, 08:08
thanks for the answers stefanvv & rage82

so Loeb, as spot race driver, could test how much he wants? it will not be counted as manufacturer's days?

stefanvv
29th October 2014, 09:44
yes

tolis
30th October 2014, 14:55
Jourdan Serderidis will do WRC 2 in 2015 in a Citroen DS3 R5!
http://www.r40.gr/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2695&Itemid=187

His team, J-Motorsport will have 2 Citroen DS3 R3T for rent for JWRC! 5 drivers are candidates for these 2 Citroens, 3 Belgian, 2 foreigners! ;)

Mintexmemory
30th October 2014, 15:11
Jourdan Serderidis will do WRC 2 in 2015 in a Citroen DS3 R5!
http://www.r40.gr/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2695&Itemid=187

His team, J-Motorsport will have 2 Citroen DS3 R3T for rent for JWRC! 5 drivers are candidates for these 2 Citroens, 3 Belgian, 2 foreigners! ;)

Excuse me from where I'm sitting Belgians are foreigners!! Is JS a Belgian citizen or a Greek with residency. Doesn't impact on his ability to drive, just curious!

tommeke_B
30th October 2014, 16:13
Jourdan Serderidis is from Greek origin I think, but he lives in Belgium for a very long time, studied here and owns a company (ARHS, software development). He speaks fluent French, and his first rallies were in Belgium and Luxembourg. If he didn't have a Greek flag on his car, nobody would know he's not originally from Belgium. Of course he's obviously driving just for fun and doesn't have the abilities that top drivers have. But it's always good to have these people, because they don't only drive for fun, they also invest and give opportunities that many people wouldn't have otherwise. For example he's supporting Cédric Cherain, who's driving with J-Motorsport and will do the complete Belgian championship next year with DS3 R5 (supported by Citroën Belux and Citroën Racing). J-Motorsport is the team of Jourdan, that is run by well-known and experienced codriver Fred Miclotte.

Mintexmemory
30th October 2014, 17:18
I see he's with Fred Miclotte for WRGB, presumably he grabs whichever local co-driver is free, last year he was with Erwin Mombaerts for WRGB and Morgane Rose for the 2014 Monte (why he'd want anyone else is beyond me unless his wife made an 'executive' decision! :))

Andre Oliveira
30th October 2014, 21:21
18 rallies with Miclotte : http://ewrc-results.com/profile.php?p=21890&t=Jourdan-Serderidis

tolis
31st October 2014, 01:12
I see he's with Fred Miclotte for WRGB, presumably he grabs whichever local co-driver is free, last year he was with Erwin Mombaerts for WRGB and Morgane Rose for the 2014 Monte (why he'd want anyone else is beyond me unless his wife made an 'executive' decision! :))

No, he chose Erwin and Morgane, because Fred was busy these days.

pantealex
31st October 2014, 15:11
will do the complete Belgian championship next year with DS3 R5 (supported by Citroën Belux and Citroën Racing)..

DS is not Citroen anymore, so I think he will be supported by "DS Benelux" and "DS Racing" and it´s DS 3 (not DS3)

bluuford
1st November 2014, 19:03
Hyundai aren't even sure about a 3rd car, so a 4th car will be highly unlikely.
I was jut thinking that if they really like to catch VW and they were not able to overbuy Ogier, then they have now a few spare millions to put it in development and into the cars and maybe also drivers. So, I would not be surprised when we can see 4 Hyundai cars in some events in 2015.

EstWRC
4th November 2014, 20:43
so, not so many seats left now, eh ? VW is confirmed, so is Hyundai. Paddon will be the third car for Hyundai i am sure, the most interesting for me is the second seat of Citroen. Im sure that Meeke will stay but who will get the second seat? But as time goes by im getting more confident it will still be Ostberg.

EightGear
6th November 2014, 18:11
So, when will Tanak be announced to be Hirvonen's replacement? After Wales I suppose?

EstWRC
6th November 2014, 18:18
So, when will Tanak be announced to be Hirvonen's replacement? After Wales I suppose?

I guess so, as an Estonian i can not wait for it:p

Andre Oliveira
7th November 2014, 00:21
For me, 1 of 3: Bouffier, Tänak or Hänninen.

N.O.T
7th November 2014, 00:22
Buffier is a nobody... Hanninen also... so Tanak.

Mirek
7th November 2014, 00:30
DS is not Citroen anymore, so I think he will be supported by "DS Benelux" and "DS Racing" and it´s DS 3 (not DS3)

That's just a paper change...

rage82
7th November 2014, 12:24
For me, 1 of 3: Bouffier, Tänak or Hänninen.
Bouffier is a fast driver, but not enough to be in a factory seat. Also he's a little bit old to learn all the rallies in the championship. The best thing for him will be to continue with Hyundai I think. Hanninen has the speed and also has some knowledge of the rallies already and will be great if he can get the seat but doubt it. Tanak is the most obvious choice - he's young, fast, has relationship with M-sport, know's already the stages but of course need some consistency. Let's see what will happen in next weeks.

Rallyper
7th November 2014, 14:30
Yes, now that Mikko is gone I think Tanak would be the choice. But let´s don´t forget he will have big press on his shoulders, having been in WRC now and then for some years now. And that is reality. Juho would be second choice, Tidemand third (not saying this as a swede - only by his good cv, but less experience though) becuase he is tarmac driver as well.

EstWRC
7th November 2014, 17:16
Tänak deserves a proper chance with in season testing. In 2012 he and Neuville were even, one rally Neuville was faster the next rally Tänak was faster. They finished 7th and 8th in the championship with 53(Neuville) and 52 (Tänak) points. But the difference was that Tänak had no testing before rallies while Neuville had, the only test Tänak had was before rally Monte Carlo and that was it for the whole season. So, in that perspective i would say Tänak was more impressive.
But what happened was that Tänak was dumped and Neuville wasn't and look how good Thierry was last year.

Fly
12th November 2014, 20:56
Kubica official announcement shortly.
No surprise, he will drive a DS 3 WRC (PH Sport) with teammate Protasov on several occasions.
http://www.autonews-magazine.com/blog/?p=42845

BDA Cosworth
13th November 2014, 03:03
Bouffier is a fast driver, but not enough to be in a factory seat. Also he's a little bit old to learn all the rallies in the championship. The best thing for him will be to continue with Hyundai I think. Hanninen has the speed and also has some knowledge of the rallies already and will be great if he can get the seat but doubt it. Tanak is the most obvious choice - he's young, fast, has relationship with M-sport, know's already the stages but of course need some consistency. Let's see what will happen in next weeks.

Hmmm Tanak being the obvious choice. Not so sure on this logic. Tanak has had a lot of WRC events to settle down and has done a pretty piss poor job of that. Paddon did EXACTLY what he was asked to do by the team. He's not exactly in a position to just throw the car off the road like some of the up and comings have been able to with bigger budgets (E.g Novikov, Tanak, Mads, Kubica, Wilson etc etc etc).

Hayden has very little seat and testing time in the current car (more so then past seasons). His results are very good considering this fact. Lets see how this weekend goes shall we and see if you guys change your tune.

Tanak is certainly a quick driver, I just hope he can keep a WRC car on the road for a few events in a row and still set good stage times.

mohit
13th November 2014, 08:20
any news about 2nd Citroen driver for 2015

noel157
13th November 2014, 09:51

You mean any news about Petter? Just joking, appreciate you're a fan of his but I think, if Mads gets the boot, a younger driver would be better.

MJW
13th November 2014, 10:05
I was recently told that Kubica was joining the main Citroen team, however, more sources are now saying that it is a two car team with Protasov with LOTOS backing in PH Sport. That leaves the question does Mads stay to accompany Meeke or is it Chardonnet or Lefebrve in the other factory Citroen.

Iron
13th November 2014, 11:10
Hmmm Tanak being the obvious choice. Not so sure on this logic. Tanak has had a lot of WRC events to settle down and has done a pretty piss poor job of that. Paddon did EXACTLY what he was asked to do by the team. He's not exactly in a position to just throw the car off the road like some of the up and comings have been able to with bigger budgets (E.g Novikov, Tanak, Mads, Kubica, Wilson etc etc etc).

Hayden has very little seat and testing time in the current car (more so then past seasons). His results are very good considering this fact. Lets see how this weekend goes shall we and see if you guys change your tune.

Tanak is certainly a quick driver, I just hope he can keep a WRC car on the road for a few events in a row and still set good stage times.

I think Tanak clearly deserves a second chance with a whole WRC season ! He was really fast for a first season in 2012, his few outings with the WRC were really impressive (Sweden - 5th place, Portugal, fastest Ford driver before a crash...)

Ok he has a problem with finishing events (such as Neuville in 2012) but he may progress and it would be a shame not to give him a chance... He's for me at the moment, the fastest driver who has not an officiel wheel in WRC ! And I remember that in 2012 he lost many points by crashing on Sundays (with no rally2 possible), so he was really close to make a lot of a great results...

Now he's more mature, everything is possible for 2015.

Motorsportfun
13th November 2014, 14:02
I was recently told that Kubica was joining the main Citroen team, however, more sources are now saying that it is a two car team with Protasov with LOTOS backing in PH Sport. That leaves the question does Mads stay to accompany Meeke or is it Chardonnet or Lefebrve in the other factory Citroen.

Still keep Bouffier on the list for Citroen. He's experienced, no contract renewal with Hyundai. Let's keep an eye there...

As for Chardonnet, didn't Matton told in Spain that he wasn't that confident that Chardonnet was really ready for a full-season in a factory team, because of the pressure and high-level? Hmmm...

Iron
13th November 2014, 14:37
Still keep Bouffier on the list for Citroen. He's experienced, no contract renewal with Hyundai. Let's keep an eye there...

As for Chardonnet, didn't Matton told in Spain that he wasn't that confident that Chardonnet was really ready for a full-season in a factory team, because of the pressure and high-level? Hmmm...
You won't see Bouffier on a Citroën, he isn't on any list...
He isn't experienced in WRC, he is (quite) old to begin in WRC... And Monte-Carlo appart, he wasn't really convincing this season...

Matton has explained many times he wants to help some young drivers for the future... (when he estimates they will be ready). If tomorrow, he decides to replace Ostberg by someone who is new in WRC that represents future for him, he will take a young (french) driver but not Bouffier, 36 years old, with no knowledge of the WRC events and who has shown a good pace only in Monte Carlo... Bouffier is good for ERC but never has the potential for the WRC...

The best Bouffier could get is two or three outings on tarmac with Hyundai like this year (and I think that Hyundai should give the chance to other drivers in priority : Paddon, another young driver or Hanninen to see what he can do on tarmac)

WUff1
13th November 2014, 15:13
Kubica official announcement shortly.
No surprise, he will drive a DS 3 WRC (PH Sport) with teammate Protasov on several occasions.
http://www.autonews-magazine.com/blog/?p=42845

Several occasions? So just a few rallies and not the whole season?

jd_89
13th November 2014, 16:20
Kubica said today, he's still not sure about his future and he's not excluding return to circuit racing next year.

rage82
13th November 2014, 16:49
Several occasions? So just a few rallies and not the whole season?
He means that Protasov will drive DS3 WRC on several occasions!

Fast Eddie WRC
13th November 2014, 22:48
M-Sport Managing Director Malcolm Wilson hopes to announce the identity of Elfyn Evans’ 2015 team mate by the end of next week.

Ott Tanak is strongly in the frame, but other drivers are under consideration too, according to Wilson.

“Ott’s certainly among them, but there are a few options,” said Wilson. “That’s really all I can say for now.”

Tanak, who previously drove full-time for M-Sport in 2012, has combined a WRC2 campaign with occasional World Rally Car outings this year. On Wales Rally GB he is back in a Fiesta RS WRC – but Wilson says that this weekend’s event won’t be any sort of audition.

“My decision won’t really be influenced by what goes on here,” he pointed out. “But of course I’ll be looking at what Ott does with interest.”

With no title sponsor this year, and no deal yet finalised for 2015, Wilson admitted that financial considerations would play a part in the decision about who will drive for the M-Sport squad next year.

“It’s certainly a factor, but definitely not the only one,” said Wilson. “We’ve got to be realistic: as always, it’s a question of striking a balance.”

EightGear
13th November 2014, 22:51
So in other words Ostberg is a strong candidate as well.

N.O.T
13th November 2014, 22:51
short version: He who pays more drives the car.

Toyoda
14th November 2014, 00:26
Judging from the Paddon interview he is also considering m sport after Hyundai, I just get the feeling he does not quite have the last push to fight right at the top where as Tanak does, ( this is hard for me to say being a kiwi). His fastest stage came through bravery of pace note through dust. I guess we will see...hopefully.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BDA Cosworth
14th November 2014, 02:46
I think Tanak clearly deserves a second chance with a whole WRC season ! He was really fast for a first season in 2012, his few outings with the WRC were really impressive (Sweden - 5th place, Portugal, fastest Ford driver before a crash...)

Ok he has a problem with finishing events (such as Neuville in 2012) but he may progress and it would be a shame not to give him a chance... He's for me at the moment, the fastest driver who has not an officiel wheel in WRC ! And I remember that in 2012 he lost many points by crashing on Sundays (with no rally2 possible), so he was really close to make a lot of a great results...

Now he's more mature, everything is possible for 2015.

I really hope he gets a chance as he clearly has raw speed (just that little bit too raw). He has a lot of fans. What I suppose I don't like is that from a marketing perspective his personality does not naturally attract me. Nothing against the guy, but I'm just stating what I observe. After all manufacturers are there to sell cars.

RS
14th November 2014, 10:38
That leaves the question does Mads stay to accompany Meeke or is it Chardonnet or Lefebrve in the other factory Citroen.

It would make sense to put Abbring in the car ahead of the other two, and move Chardonnet and Lefebrve into R5 cars for a full season first.

Tom206wrc
15th November 2014, 20:01
So tomorrow sunday evening Citroën announces their first driver for 2015 :confused:

WUff1
16th November 2014, 08:34
So tomorrow sunday evening Citroën announces their first driver for 2015 :confused:

... which will be Kris Meeke ;)

Tom206wrc
16th November 2014, 09:11
Obvious choice to me :p:

WUff1
16th November 2014, 15:31
Kubica said after last stage in Wales it´s 50:50 between rallying and circuit racing next year.

AndyRAC
16th November 2014, 17:01
Thats interesting; he must have an offer from a circuit team? DTM? I havent heard/ read anything.

thuGG
16th November 2014, 17:41
Thats interesting; he must have an offer from a circuit team? DTM? I havent heard/ read anything.

In latest interview for onet.pl he said it's between DTM and WRC. He will give himself a bit time to rest and then he will make a decision, we should know in November.
I hope he stays in WRC.

manthey
17th November 2014, 07:24
last year he did a test on Mercedes DTM, so this year seems the parts are closer
maybe comes up his love for circuit-racing in a year very difficult for him, with maybe higher expectations and he would try to test himself physically on his racing's homeground

jonkka
17th November 2014, 10:17
Sunday came and went but where is Citroen's announcement?

BDA Cosworth
17th November 2014, 13:43
Sunday came and went but where is Citroen's announcement?

They said Sunday evening they would decide (internally). And announce after Tuesday. :)

noel157
17th November 2014, 13:47
They said Sunday evening they would decide (internally). And announce after Tuesday. :)

I'm sure a decision/s was made some time ago.

Fast Eddie WRC
17th November 2014, 16:15
Matton revealed his plans in an interview with WRC Live, and also explained how the news would be communicated.

“I will make my decision before tomorrow night and will start to communicate part of it next week,” he explained. “I will not say anything tomorrow. I am still talking with some different drivers. I am 97 per cent decided for both, but I have some things still to solve. Our plan is to announce one driver each week, over the next couple of weeks.”

EightGear
17th November 2014, 16:23
Ostberg was offered 10 rounds but he wants 13.

MJW
17th November 2014, 16:33
Ostberg was offered 10 rounds but he wants 13.
So who would he share a car with? Seb Loeb for Monte, Petter for Sweden and GB? Having said that Sweden and GB are Mads strongest events. Maybe it Monte, Germany and France that Yves wants another driver as Mads really struggles on asphalt.

EightGear
17th November 2014, 16:59
Maybe it is 'just in case' someone better is available. Wasn't Meeke offered 10 rounds for this years as well? In the end he did all 13.

WUff1
17th November 2014, 17:15
First Kubica was Matton´s favourite for the second car, but they seem to have had an argument. Now Ostberg was offered 10 rallies as written above. Ostberg wants all rallies and hopes for a change in Matton´s opinion after his result in Wales, otherwise M-Sport would again be interesting for him:

http://www.rallye-magazin.de/rallyes/wm/nachrichten/news-detail/d/2014/11/17/citroen-2015-meeke-und-oestberg/index.html

Quad
17th November 2014, 17:32
I saw info somewhere that in french canal+sport journalist told there is a contract on table for Kubica to sign - minimum 2 years with Citroen in WRC but he MUST drive WTCC

Matton is pushing on Kubica like crazy to drive their WTCC car for some reason, but Kubica don't want WTCC

mousti
17th November 2014, 17:55
Kubica Factory driver in WRC is stupid. Let him pay for 3rd driver or 4rd driver in an extra Lotos team. WTCC I dont get either they already dominate the series. Maybe for exposure?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 5 met Tapatalk

Lundefaret
17th November 2014, 18:36
One very interesting solution (tough i suspect the real solution could be a little less creative), is to skip thinking about drivers championship, and focus on team/PR, and have several drivers in each car. With one "main" driver, like Hyundais second car this year.
One could even have a qualifying event, like a PR stunt, before each rally. This could be gokart racing, and a lot of other fun gigs. This it self could be a viral success.
I would like to see Kris Meeke, Mads Østberg, Seb Loeb, Petter Solberg, and a couple of young guns or other prospects battling it out in Citroen DS3 R3T cars in a local rally, to compete for the start in the WRC car :)

Rallyper
17th November 2014, 19:14
Young guns could very well outpace Loeb or Meeke in gocart racing but be very modest when it comes to real man in the forest...

Jack4688`
17th November 2014, 20:16
One very interesting solution (tough i suspect the real solution could be a little less creative), is to skip thinking about drivers championship, and focus on team/PR, and have several drivers in each car. With one "main" driver, like Hyundais second car this year.
One could even have a qualifying event, like a PR stunt, before each rally. This could be gokart racing, and a lot of other fun gigs. This it self could be a viral success.
I would like to see Kris Meeke, Mads Østberg, Seb Loeb, Petter Solberg, and a couple of young guns or other prospects battling it out in Citroen DS3 R3T cars in a local rally, to compete for the start in the WRC car :)

When you have a can of paint open it's paramount to ensure you have good ventilation in the room, otherwise it can cause issues with your brain

Andre Oliveira
17th November 2014, 20:42
So nice, now we will discuss new driver line-ups, new cars, new liveries, tests ... and quickly we are on Monte Carlo discusson mode :)

Lundefaret
17th November 2014, 21:03
When you have a can of paint open it's paramount to ensure you have good ventilation in the room, otherwise it can cause issues with your brain

For Citroëns rally team it is paramount to get the most and best PR out of the WRC effort in 2015.

1) Their new DS Brand needs all the PR it can get.
2) The WRC effort needs to be a cost effective solution to getting good PR.

Jost Capito complaines about the WRC in its current form not getting enough PR for the buck.
For me it is very strange strange that the official WRC efforts are getting pounded PR-vise by one man and his privateer effort.
Ken Block is the motorsport worlds undisputed PR king, why not learn from him?

Citroën could make them selves interesting by making a show out of who should drive their cars at certain rallies.
This could be YouTube-friendly, and also highly interactive. Rally fans can sugest who is going to enter the competition in front of the chosen rallies.

I would actually like to see the combatants beat it out in som low down machinery, like R1 Citroëns, on some relevant rally stages.
One of my wildest rally spectating moments came on Petter Solbergs farm watching him drive the crap out of a standard Volvo 940 Turbo (only skid plates and gravel tires). I turned down the opurtunity to get a passenger ride, because there where no seat belts in the passenger seat ;)

On the other hand I would like to see Meeke drive the whole season.
Regarding Mads, I am a Norwegian, and would also like to see him in for a whole season, but understand if he is not given all the rallies. Maybe this is the wake up call he needs?

Best regards from the paint fumes :)

Jack4688`
17th November 2014, 21:11
I see you quickly got some fresh air ;)

stefanvv
17th November 2014, 21:36
Post Loeb era is affecting Citroen badly as it seems. There used to be some PR events before the Rallies while still he was competing, disappeared they are.

AndyRAC
17th November 2014, 22:25
Post Loeb era is affecting Citroen badly as it seems. There used to be some PR events before the Rallies while still he was competing, disappeared they are.

Thats partly their own fault; first Ogier, then Neuville were allowed to leave. Poor management, and blinded by Loeb.

Sch17
17th November 2014, 23:55
I think Mads should be the first driver for Citroen. Yes, he wasnt good at the star of the second half of the season and he struggled on tarmac but thats normal. He had very unlucky moments like in Sweden and Spain( catches the previous car) or Poland. Yes, Kris Meeke is faster then him on the tarmac but he can increase his speed like Jari Matti did and he has time for that.
Obviously im Ostberg fan and effects my comment but at the end of all he finished the season 5. Please dont get me wrong Kris Meeke was very good too and i think for the next year Citroen Team should like this year.
What Citroen need is a better car or i dont know an improvement on Ds3.

EightGear
17th November 2014, 23:59
I think Citroen will keep both Meeke and Ostberg.

The possible 3rd car could be interesting on the rounds where Al-Qassimi isn't competing.

BDA Cosworth
18th November 2014, 05:33
I think Mads should be the first driver for Citroen. Yes, he wasnt good at the star of the second half of the season and he struggled on tarmac but thats normal. He had very unlucky moments like in Sweden and Spain( catches the previous car) or Poland. Yes, Kris Meeke is faster then him on the tarmac but he can increase his speed like Jari Matti did and he has time for that.
Obviously im Ostberg fan and effects my comment but at the end of all he finished the season 5. Please dont get me wrong Kris Meeke was very good too and i think for the next year Citroen Team should like this year.

I am ready for the hounding I am about to receive........

After this year I'm thinking Ostberg has hit his peak performance (some good rallies), where as Meeke has not (he will get quicker with experience).

Kubica has never impressed me in a WRC car, same as what i thought of Raikinen (excuse the spelling). He didn't finish higher then 6th in any of the rallies he did this year. There seems to be this over exaggerated hype when it comes to ex F1 drivers. I just don't see why. If someone can explain I would be interested in a different opinion. :)

Thierry Neuville hasn't been as quick as I expected, I think that will change next year. Sordo is a good choice for second.

Hayden hasn't reached his peak, he's proved he's consistent. He's had some mechanical gremlins which have prevented some very good finishes. Some people tend to forget that fact. Not to mention the lack of testing, big gaps in the schedule etc. All the other drivers have an advantage on that front, plus event experience also is key.

I can't quite decide on Tanak as he did most of his events in a R5 car. I know he has raw talent.

Andreas Mikkelsen will be a world champion in no time, I am certain of this.

big_sw2000
18th November 2014, 07:38
I am ready for the hounding I am about to receive........

After this year I'm thinking Ostberg has hit his peak performance (some good rallies), where as Meeke has not (he will get quicker with experience).

Kubica has never impressed me in a WRC car, same as what i thought of Raikinen (excuse the spelling). He didn't finish higher then 6th in any of the rallies he did this year. There seems to be this over exaggerated hype when it comes to ex F1 drivers. I just don't see why. If someone can explain I would be interested in a different opinion. :)

Thierry Neuville hasn't been as quick as I expected, I think that will change next year. Sordo is a good choice for second.

Hayden hasn't reached his peak, he's proved he's consistent. He's had some mechanical gremlins which have prevented some very good finishes. Some people tend to forget that fact. Not to mention the lack of testing, big gaps in the schedule etc. All the other drivers have an advantage on that front, plus event experience also is key.

I can't quite decide on Tanak as he did most of his events in a R5 car. I know he has raw talent.

Andreas Mikkelsen will be a world champion in no time, I am certain of this.

100% agree.

Andreas Mikleson will be the next not Sebastian world champion.
kubica isn't worth a WRC seat, he did well in the junior formula, but not quite got the edge against the best. Just stopping someone else getting a drive.
Steve

GigiGalliNo1
18th November 2014, 09:19
Meeke holds Citroen seat. Official.

noel157
18th November 2014, 09:31

Meeke is faster than Ostberg on gravel too. Not sure where that leaves you, Rally Sweden perhaps?

Citroen have aero and engine upgrades ready and testing later this week in Spain.

N.O.T
18th November 2014, 10:24
Thats partly their own fault; first Ogier, then Neuville were allowed to leave. Poor management, and blinded by Loeb.

Do not confuse management with lack of resources.

Mintexmemory
18th November 2014, 10:35
100% agree.

Andreas Mikleson will be the next not Sebastian world champion.
kubica isn't worth a WRC seat, he did well in the junior formula, but not quite got the edge against the best. Just stopping someone else getting a drive.
Steve

So what team is AM going to be driving for to become the next non-Seb WDC?
I say that because at VW despite his problems JML is still a better package across the board than Mikkelsen. (Before NOT starts complaining about using driver initials Jari-Matti now includes 'JML' on his autograph.)
I see parallels between Mikkelsen and Hirvonen with the difference being that Mikko only had Marcus ahead of him in the pecking order at Ford and it is arguable that team leader came 1 or 2 years too late for him. By the time Mikkelsen is trusted to be the top gun somewhere either some new young pistolero will have come along or they may all just have to wait for Seb O to get his Loeb-eclipsing number of championships.

big_sw2000
18th November 2014, 10:50
I love JML, my favourite of the current drivers, apart from Meeke.

But I think next year as being a difficult one for him. He maybe the quickest VW driver on tarmac now, but I believe that next year, maybe the year after, Andreas Mikleson will be even quicker.
I also don't think Seb O is as far in front as Loeb was, not going to be so domanent as Loeb. His 2 team mates could IF THEY STOP THROWING THE CAR OFF take the championship off him.

Steve

Mintexmemory
18th November 2014, 11:28
Steve
If JML and AM do stop throwing their cars off the road they will still; a) be taking points off each other and b) be behind M. Ogier in places like Monte, Mexico and Catalunya. At Ruthin Services it was really interesting to see the VW drivers as they prepared for shakedown. Seb's crew had prepared the car to his spec. He made no alterations, just did 2 runs and left it at that. JML spent ages talking to his engineer about damper settings, did 4 runs and tinkered on every return to Ruthin. Mikkelsen was similar but seemed a bit more relaxed. I suspect, just as we saw in Wales Seb has quite a bit in reserve and can consistently drive at a speed that is within his limit but better than his rival's best.

AndyRAC
18th November 2014, 11:45
JML has too many events were he doesn’t ‘have the feeling’; and can’t take the fight to Ogier.

noel157
18th November 2014, 11:47
Meeke is faster than Ostberg on gravel too. Not sure where that leaves you, Rally Sweden perhaps?

Citroen have aero and engine upgrades ready and testing later this week in Spain.

Ooops, sorry, Meeke testing in Portugal this week.
My mistake.

Fast Eddie WRC
18th November 2014, 12:14
Great news re: Meeke... well deserved :)

Full info on the deal: http://krismeeke.com/news/2014-11-18-qa-with-kris-on-his-citroen-deal

http://images.wrc.com/News/2014/November/4783_meeke-signs-2014_883_896x504.jpg?

jonkka
18th November 2014, 13:50
There seems to be this over exaggerated hype when it comes to ex F1 drivers. I just don't see why.

I don't understand it either. The only logical explanation I can think of is that somehow people hope that those supposedly big F1 stars draw public attention to WRC by their mere presence.

AndyRAC
18th November 2014, 14:10
Simple. F1 is seen by the general public & media as ‘The Pinnacle’ and as such they’re the best in the world; and any series is lucky to have them.
Of course it’s not true; yes they’re talented, but most find making pace-notes and driving to them too much; Kubica appears to still drive each stage as if he’s on a race track.

thuGG
18th November 2014, 14:14
Wow, did you see each stage he drove?

N.O.T
18th November 2014, 14:17
Can British people please go and watch F1 ?? from AML CPL JML to mikelson ects... honestly guys go watch F1... you are a disgrace.

thuGG
18th November 2014, 14:18
What's your problem?

Franky
18th November 2014, 14:21
What's your problem?

It becomes a nightmare to read when you have to start deciphering all the acronyms.

Mintexmemory
18th November 2014, 16:10
Can British people please go and watch F1 ?? from AML CPL JML to mikelson ects... honestly guys go watch F1... you are a disgrace.

Ahem.... This is NOT Sparta!

;) #been waiting sometime for that opportunity!

Quad
18th November 2014, 16:14
The puzzles are propably that Citroen wants to put Ostberg for 10 rounds, and Kubica for 3 tarmac events in main team car and rest rounds in private car.

skarderud
18th November 2014, 16:36
The puzzles are propably that Citroen wants to put Ostberg for 10 rounds, and Kubica for 3 tarmac events in main team car and rest rounds in private car.
Yeah, or that loeb also wants some rallies, but it should be possible to put ostberg in a third car those 3 rounds so he is "in it" at the end of the year pointswise.

Mintexmemory
18th November 2014, 17:44
It becomes a nightmare to read when you have to start deciphering all the acronyms.

And it becomes tedious to have to type in full the name of the 18 or so regular World Rally Championship (see what I did there?) drivers when you are keying from a BlackBerry (BB) - None of the drivers have the same initials (not acronyms) so there really is no confusion possible if you have a passing knowledge of who is competing. Personally I think the average rally fan can follow the drift. If not you'll just have to complain to the AAAAA (Association for the Abolition of Assinine Acronyms and Abbreviations)

bluuford
18th November 2014, 19:50
T i s s t. P, s a o p t. Ty.

dodge33cymru
18th November 2014, 20:00
I think Kubica offers great value to any sponsors and investors, compared to many other drivers. For sure he hasn't been the best in his first year in WRC, but few people are in their first season at top level, and none of them have the development of a unique shifting situation either.

However, the reason for my initial point is that he, at least at the WRC events I've been at this year, is massively popular amongst the Polish crowd; he's an absolute hero and I'm judging this by the queue for photos and autographs and the number of people waiting for his car to arrive in for service.

DTM is strictly geographically limited, but WRC is a close-up sport that takes in a lot of Europe, including Poland and many countries where Polish ex-pats live. I found myself being part of the crowd in front of his service area just because of the great atmosphere in Wales, one that also spread around all the stages both here and in Sweden.

I'm rambling a bit, but I hope he sticks around for several years to come as I think he's an asset to the sport and always good to see more cars in the top class.

stefanvv
18th November 2014, 20:27
And it becomes tedious to have to type in full the name of the 18 or so regular World Rally Championship (see what I did there?) drivers when you are keying from a BlackBerry (BB) - None of the drivers have the same initials (not acronyms) so there really is no confusion possible if you have a passing knowledge of who is competing. Personally I think the average rally fan can follow the drift. If not you'll just have to complain to the AAAAA (Association for the Abolition of Assinine Acronyms and Abbreviations)

For me personally, apart from it is little difficult to decode, it shows little disrespect to the main characters involved to write their initials instead of at least first name, last name is preferred of course.

nafpaktos
18th November 2014, 22:37
JML has too many events were he doesn’t ‘have the feeling’; and can’t take the fight to Ogier. +100000
As mikko also!

nafpaktos
18th November 2014, 22:46
I also don't like acronyms at all for the drivers(I don't remember if I have ever used them),but I see drivers to use them,PET (pre event test)for example for videos.

EightGear
18th November 2014, 22:47
There's a difference between the use of acronyms and the pure rape of drivers names, like 'Mikleson.'

nafpaktos
18th November 2014, 22:53
I think this is due to the speed of writing,especially when you write from smartphone.i dont think this is a disrespect to the drivers or the members of the forum,of course I don't think is right.

Mintexmemory
19th November 2014, 11:41
For me personally, apart from it is little difficult to decode, it shows little disrespect to the main characters involved to write their initials instead of at least first name, last name is preferred of course.

As I said before Jari-Matti has actuallly embraced JML as his title and now includes it in his autograph (only happened this year sometime as his autograph at Monte was just J M Latvala.) Mikkelsen always signs AM with a smiley in the A.
If the drivers use their initials to refer to themselves I can't see how it can be disrespectful for fans to do so. In fact in British and American culture the use of initials to refer to someone is usually an indication of respectful familiarity, an alternative to a nickname. RK is a whole lot different to Crashy Bob, which despite being accurate and (to some) amusing, actually is disrespectful.
Part of the problem is the adoption of english as the communication medium without the mindset that allows colloquial understanding. As a mod I frequently resist the temptation to edit bad english as I'm not here to be patronising - just occasionally it is necessary as the original poster's meaning isn't clear or being correctly conveyed. Case in point, Stefan's statement above is missing 'a' before 'little' which completely changes the meaning to something he doesn't intend.
Can I suggest we argue about the sport and not get hung up about communication style - as ever tolerance is one of the greatest attributes of civilised people
Here endeth the lesson!

bluuford
19th November 2014, 11:41
This is major disrespect. Kinderkarten and elementary school pupils who are most probably the only remaining big fan base in F1 may use all kind of abbreviations and acronyms as they like. It is normal as many of them are not very strong in spelling and writing, yet. Soon they discover how pointless is F1 and only a few fans remain for some reason. Drivers are anyway almost nothing in F1 series. Couple of hours of racing per weekend and then just some chilling and training. Sometimes a few hours testing.

WRC Driver has a major impact in the final result of the rally and their effort of driving 3-4 days on and between the stages + 2 days of recce is worth some kind of respect. You should also mention the work of co-driver and what they do with the notes during the evening/night time etc. I am always thinking about it before posting my replay and if I have some doubt about the correct writing of some names, then I use internet. When I have no time to chcek it fom interet, then I prefere not to replay to the topic at all.

stefanvv
19th November 2014, 12:54
As I said before Jari-Matti has actuallly embraced JML as his title and now includes it in his autograph (only happened this year sometime as his autograph at Monte was just J M Latvala.) Mikkelsen always signs AM with a smiley in the A.
If the drivers use their initials to refer to themselves I can't see how it can be disrespectful for fans to do so. In fact in British and American culture the use of initials to refer to someone is usually an indication of respectful familiarity, an alternative to a nickname. RK is a whole lot different to Crashy Bob, which despite being accurate and (to some) amusing, actually is disrespectful.
Part of the problem is the adoption of english as the communication medium without the mindset that allows colloquial understanding. As a mod I frequently resist the temptation to edit bad english as I'm not here to be patronising - just occasionally it is necessary as the original poster's meaning isn't clear or being correctly conveyed. Case in point, Stefan's statement above is missing 'a' before 'little' which completely changes the meaning to something he doesn't intend.
Can I suggest we argue about the sport and not get hung up about communication style - as ever tolerance is one of the greatest attributes of civilised people
Here endeth the lesson!

As I said, it is personal opinion. I think wrc (and other) drivers are doing more for the "fans" than be just 2 letters in some forum post. Not to mention sometimes might be some duplications of the initials, so this leads to confusion (it happened also here AFAIR, but don't remember the exact case) and seem like full ignorance on either of the persons. Anyway, personal opinion.
Familiarity is fine when You know very well the person and may speak freely with him, but on public forum seems little awkward. I'm well aware of the "American" style of naming someone, JR, CJ, etc., but don't know how to comment this TBH.

Franky
19th November 2014, 13:03
Here endeth the lesson!

Move the name posts to another thread? Tried to find the pub thread last night, but didn't seem to find it.

Fast Eddie WRC
19th November 2014, 13:29
I think its appropriate that this 'initials not names' issue should be brought up in the Silly Season thread !

Get a life people.

Jack4688`
19th November 2014, 14:06
Am I the only one who finds it a little disrespectful when certain publications refer to 'Rally Germany' not 'Rallye Deutschland' for example? There's abbreviating someone's name and then there's just pure bastardisation of an event name. I mean how difficult is it to type 'Rallye de France' instead of 'Rally of France'.

In a time when so many aspects of the WRC are homogenised/standardised & with the FIA wanting rallies to add their own individual flair to their events why can't we embrace to proper event titles like Rallye Automobile Monte Carlo, Rajd Polski, Rally de Catalunya etc? Granted most of those events still hold such titles, it's just lazy journalists anglicising the words, but I for one lament the loss of events such as 1000 Lakes Rally, RAC Rally etc.

Rant over, now I'm going to yell at the neighbour kids to turn their music down and to get off my front garden :D

dodge33cymru
19th November 2014, 14:50
And sometimes people keep writing 'VW'. I mean, how hard is it to type 'Volkswagen Polo R WRC'?

And it makes it impossible to tell the difference between the car, 'Volkswagen Motorsport', 'Volkswagen R Gesellschaft mit beschränkter Haftung', 'Volkswagen Passenger Cars' and 'Volkswagen Aktiengesellschaft' (let's not be having any of this 'AG' nonsense).

Wonder what the 'PH' in 'PH Sport' refers to. Going to need to find that out.

Really good news about Meeke, hope Ostberg is signed up full time as there's no obvious better option around. Would be good to see the third car emerge at a few rallies for Citroen. Sorry, I mean at Citroën Total Abu Dhabi World Rally Team.

GigiGalliNo1
19th November 2014, 15:08
Apparently Loeb will do all WRC Tarmac rounds in 2015...

N.O.T
19th November 2014, 15:09
Apparently Loeb will do all WRC Tarmac rounds in 2015...

stop posting lies...

EstWRC
19th November 2014, 15:23
At least he posted on topic :D...not like the other last posts where they discuss grammar.

stefanvv
19th November 2014, 15:33
I mean how difficult is it to type 'Rallye de France' instead of 'Rally of France'.

"Cultural" difficult I guess, or "Sub-" one. Some of them just refuse to accept some foreign name as trade mark and make their own names. Amusing silly discussion nevertheless:D.
On topic - so Mr. Loeb misses WRC, hope to see some outings next year then.

N.O.T
19th November 2014, 16:50
so Mr. Loeb misses WRC, hope to see some outings next year then.

He misses having fun in a rally car... not the WRC... there is a chaotic difference between the two.

stefanvv
19th November 2014, 17:05
Right, lets wait and see then I suppose.

Sulland
19th November 2014, 17:51
Would like to see mr Loeb or any other top driver to take some rallies in a R5 car in ERC or WRC2. Just to get a real feeling on the time diff btw a Wrcar and a R5.

Fast Eddie WRC
19th November 2014, 21:57
Rumours just say Loeb is very keen to do the 2015 Monte Carlo...

And if he only 'misses having fun in a rally car' then he wont do the Monte and just have fun in Rallye du Var (with his wife) ...

N.O.T
19th November 2014, 22:49
Doing 1 event doesn't mean he misses the WRC... Gronholm did Sweden a year after his retirement.

nafpaktos
19th November 2014, 23:36
NOT how do you know what is going on on loeb's head?

N.O.T
19th November 2014, 23:44
I have a secret power....

It is called common sense... if people would use it more and act their age the world would be a better place.

We are talking about a 40 year old guy... Yes he is the best of all times but to talk about a return to the sport is a bit far fetched, a decision like that would only spoil his reputation especially in an inferior car only huge money will bring him back a thing that Citroen doesn't have... if he was serious i doubt he would use his wife on Rallye du Var

nafpaktos
19th November 2014, 23:56
NOT you answer something I never asked,I say that he maybe misses wrc and you don't know if he misses wrc or not.i never said something about loeb's come back.

N.O.T
19th November 2014, 23:59
Well if he misses the WRC he has the money to come back... so his second coming would be the proof of that.

stefanvv
20th November 2014, 00:22
We were talking of some events, Monte Carlo, Alsace & Deutchland probably, not return to the championship.

N.O.T
20th November 2014, 00:42
We were talking of some events, Monte Carlo, Alsace & Deutchland probably, not return to the championship.

we will see...

tommeke_B
20th November 2014, 10:11
Nobody heard a rumor of Tanak replacing Ostberg at Citroën? :p

Mintexmemory
20th November 2014, 10:44

No because he is the certainty at M-Sport
Now if you read between the lines Citroen would like a French guy in the second car but I presume that Bouffier has some kind of Hyundai contract so their choice is between Chardonnet and Lefebvre (who was very spectacular at WRGB)
Possibly they get 6 rallies each with Loeb in for the Monte

EstWRC
20th November 2014, 11:10

where did you hear that? At totalrally yesterday they said that Tänak-Msport is done deal, Ostberg to M-sport via Adapta and Kubica or Paddon maybe to Citroen.

BDA Cosworth
20th November 2014, 11:24
Wow, did you see each stage he drove?

Do you mean crash? :P

EstWRC
20th November 2014, 11:32
about Kubica and others http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/116842

Iron
20th November 2014, 12:06
No because he is the certainty at M-Sport
Now if you read between the lines Citroen would like a French guy in the second car but I presume that Bouffier has some kind of Hyundai contract so their choice is between Chardonnet and Lefebvre (who was very spectacular at WRGB)
Possibly they get 6 rallies each with Loeb in for the Monte
Matton has said many times it's too early to see Lefebvre or Chardonnet in WRC...

If that happens that would mean they totally screwed up with Ostberg and they had no choice...

I think Ostberg for the whole season is the only choice... Ok he has not a big potential and I don't think he's able to do a lot more but he guarantees a good amount of point for manufacturer's championship. He won't race for the victory as Meeke could do but he's able to score more points than him again...
But it's aslo necessary to prepare a young driver such as Paddon, a young French etc. to have someone who could become fastly more interresting for the team than a limited Ostberg...

Because Kubica it's not bad for communication but it's also ridiculous as an officiel driver in terms of points he can get.

mousti
20th November 2014, 12:11
For Lefebvre is indeed too fast. Chardo I dont think he has it to be a top contender. For me Abbring would be the right choice but yeah.. And Bouffier even if he has a contract he is not WRC material.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 5 met Tapatalk

Quad
20th November 2014, 12:17
Because Kubica it's not bad for communication but it's also ridiculous as an officiel driver in terms of points he can get.

It's more ridiculous to say now what will happen in next season and to say that he will be still crashing. This year he had very freedom deal with his sponsor that allowed him to drive and getting experience how he wanted. He is professional and when he have to do certain job he is doing it, like he did in WRC2 where he had target from Citroen to claim title.

This season he had no goal for collecting points or something. He don't needed to do points for M-Sport, and he said that many times. It was all about getting experience on new stages, conditions driving fast.

Really ppl are sometimes too harsh. He was driving most of rallies and stages for the first time compared to other guys ho did this many years , many times...

And really someone like Yves Matton I think is a lot more experienced and knows more how to judge drivers than people on forum behind monitors.

Andre Oliveira
20th November 2014, 13:02
Bouffier is good driver. If instead Brian, the first name was Sebastien or Thierry some team had bet on it. is difficult when you are jumping from car to car and champ to champ.

I don't exclude Hänninen. I like him, he is fast. Need have a good deal because the pressure of show results on one rally for months is not good.

Doon
20th November 2014, 13:05
Ostberg has nothing left to offer. Ok, he can pick points for 5th or 6th on most events, but Sweden is probably the only event that he can challenge for a podium on raw pace. Why would a team like Citroen be content with this? Better to risk it on someone who is progressing, like Paddon or even Kubica to some extent.

Iron
20th November 2014, 13:24
It's more ridiculous to say now what will happen in next season and to say that he will be still crashing. This year he had very freedom deal with his sponsor that allowed him to drive and getting experience how he wanted. He is professional and when he have to do certain job he is doing it, like he did in WRC2 where he had target from Citroen to claim title.

This season he had no goal for collecting points or something. He don't needed to do points for M-Sport, and he said that many times. It was all about getting experience on new stages, conditions driving fast.

Really ppl are sometimes too harsh. He was driving most of rallies and stages for the first time compared to other guys ho did this many years , many times...

And really someone like Yves Matton I think is a lot more experienced and knows more how to judge drivers than people on forum behind monitors.
I don't say Kubica will do the same season next year...

But seriously 14 points in 13 rounds do you realize? He can progress, he may crash less but he won't become in one year a consistant driver who he's able to finish every events... I'm sure he won't score half of Ostberg's points and I'm sure Matton thinks so. But unfortunately, this choice isn't all about sport, but also communication, marketing etc.

There's few official drivers in WRC with only 4 manufacturers. It would be a non-sense to give one of this 9 or 10 official seats to someone who has scored only 14 points in 13 rounds and that crashed a lot (even if it was with its own team and only about getting experience, and I don't think Kubica wanted to crash on the France's Power Stage where he could get 4th place... ) For me there are many drivers who deserves most an official seat in WRC than Kubica

And this in not non-respect to Kubica, I think he's really fast, and I'm really impressed by his speed with his hand problem. It's a really spectacular driver and it's really good to have a star like him in WRC but objectively, he doesn't deserve that official seat at all...

And I would rather prefer that Citroen gives a chance to another driver that can't afford a full year as privateer in WRC such as Kubica...

skarderud
20th November 2014, 13:40
Ostberg has nothing left to offer. Ok, he can pick points for 5th or 6th on most events, but Sweden is probably the only event that he can challenge for a podium on raw pace. Why would a team like Citroen be content with this? Better to risk it on someone who is progressing, like Paddon or even Kubica to some extent.

i tend to disagree.

his problem is/was that he started to drive the ds like he drived the fiesta, and tried to adjust the car that it suited his drivingstyle.
way to late he admitted that he had to change his drivingstyle to suit the car instead, and last part of the season showed some of his real speed.
he wasnt worse than expected on tarmac, and i portugal gravel and in wales he was on pair.
i actually think he has done some big steps on tarmac this year.
so i hope he get the change to show what he really is able to do now that he learned the car, himself and the team:)

SVrally
20th November 2014, 13:43
Kubica and Lotos vs Total ???
WRC2 for Prokop ?

Iron
20th November 2014, 13:49
Have u seen Rally GB? Because Ostberg had the pace for the podium... After stage 11, he was on the same pace than Hivonen and Meeke for the second place and then he had some issues...

He had 4 podiums this year and he's able to it again in 2015, I don't think Paddon or Kubica are able to do this?

Kubica maybe one on tarmac... Paddon has still a lot to learn... Ostberg is still the best short-term choice... Paddon may be a better mid-term choice

I know that I'm dreaming and that won't happen but Ostberg 2nd driver and Paddon 3rd driver would be great. And as soon as Paddon is faster than Ostberg then Citroen puts him 2nd driver and dismisses Ostberg... (and Kubica as privateer, and if he become more reliable, you can choose it as an official for some tarmac rounds).... But this would be a lot of money for a team that prefers put money on WTCC

GigiGalliNo1
20th November 2014, 13:55
Would be a smart (cheaper) move for Prokop to do WRC2 but rather see him in WRC :D