PDA

View Full Version : Want a house for £60?

Hazell B
17th April 2007, 19:30
Yes, a large house for only sixty quid :eek:

http://www.winthishome.org.uk

Thoughts?

grassrootsracer
17th April 2007, 20:11
I like it, in general. The decorating of the main room and bed room isn't up to my tastes, but that can always be changed. The conservatory would be nice. While there's no mention of my five-car dream garage plus work shop, I imagine those stables could be converted though. How big are "four loose boxes and a tack room" ?

Hazell B
17th April 2007, 20:14
Loose boxes are about 12 x 12 feet normally, but are bigger in this place I think. However, you can't drive to them thanks to other buildings in the way, so you'd have to park the five cars in the outbuilding near the gates, which is vast.

Sorry, didn't mention the house is near my place.

Eki
17th April 2007, 20:17
Yes. Is it haunted or something?

Hazell B
17th April 2007, 20:19
Yes. Is it haunted or something?

It would be if you won it Eki.

Haunted by me and the dogs moving in as squatters :p :

Brown, Jon Brow
17th April 2007, 20:31
I'll take it :D

My brother is looking for a house, he has already been out-bid on 4 different properties.

Eki
17th April 2007, 21:02
It would be if you won it Eki.

Haunted by me and the dogs moving in as squatters :p :
Well, as long as you don't rattle any chains after midnight or try to make me believe the house is built on a pet cemetery.

Drew
17th April 2007, 23:15
They tried to do this near me, they raffled their home at so much a ticket. I don't think they made enough money and I think the police got involved.

CarlMetro
18th April 2007, 09:21
I think the idea behind the fund raiser is a great idea, and to have a £650k house donated is a wonderful thing. I would quite happily have entered two or three times, considering the 1 in 25000 chance of winning, but for the fact of the stupid 'mark with a X' part :s I don't see the need for it, why not just draw the winning entry out of a hat instead of making it some stupid spot the shadow competition.

Consequently they have lost my entry fees, I wonder how many others will feel the same way?

slinkster
18th April 2007, 20:06
I'd have any house at the moment to be honest... I doubt I'll ever be able to afford one for myself... :(

Hazell B
18th April 2007, 21:26
I've not looked at the entry part, Carl. Now your post has put me off a bit :mark: The fact that you'd have me living about three miles away hadn't put you off first, eh? :D

The plan was that we'd try and sell sixty quid worth of one easy to grow plant and then buy a ticket next week, but if it's a pain to enter I may not bother. Buying on line is chancy enough with my old computer, entering something that involves making an effort is probably beyond my ability :p :