PDA

View Full Version : First four to fall in Challenger Round of The Chase

Brierley
9th September 2014, 21:09
Alright, here's your chance to predict who the first four drivers to fall in The Challenger Round of The Chase.

My choices to fall:
AJ Allmendinger (doesn't stand a chance)
Aric Almirola (see above)
Greg Biffle (drives for Rousch, as does Edwards, but Biffle isn't near the driver Edwards is)
Ryan Newman (even though he is a very capable driver, he's only had 2 top 5's all year and I don't see that changing now)

The 16 contenders:
Brad Keselowski
Jeff Gordon
Dale Earnhardt, Jr.
Jimmie Johnson
Joey Logano
Kevin Harvick
Carl Edwards
Kyle Busch
Denny Hamlin
Kurt Busch
Kasey Kahne
Aric Almirola
AJ Allmendinger
Matt Kenseth
Greg Biffle
Ryan Newman

slorydn1
10th September 2014, 02:43
I'll play. It will be interesting to see how my "simulation" handles the resetting the points every 3 races.

The first 4 to be gone will be:

Ryan Newman, AJ Allmendinger, Greg Biffle, and the SURPRISE 4th driver elminated.............Joey Logano (trust me, I know, I needed to clean up the coffee I spit on computer screen when I saw that myself!!!)

edv
14th September 2014, 17:36
Gone after 3 races will be:
Kurt Busch
Kyle Busch
Aric Almerola
Carl Edwards

Brierley
15th September 2014, 03:06
My four choices: Almirola, Allmendinger, Biffle, and Newman are currently occupying the bottom of The Chase standings. But, Almirola's position was caused by an engine failure. He was running pretty good before that.

edv
24th September 2014, 20:57
I'm quietly rooting for Almirola to make it thru after the problems by others at the NHMS.

My secret desire of cars to drop out after the next race?
LOL

Brierley
29th September 2014, 03:46
Well, it turned out to be Allmendinger, Kurt Busch, Biffle, and Almirola.

Not surprised at Allmendinger and Almirola; they and their teams were punching above their weight to begin with. Biffle and his team have become an embarrassment and it was no surprise to see him fall out. Hard to believe that he and the Penske cars have the same engine.

I was sad to see The Outlaw miss the cut. They had been above the transfer line for some time but faded bad at the end. They seem to have been doing a lot of fading at the end this year. But Kahne has to be congratulated for his comeback from an early problem. That was a courageous run.