PDA

View Full Version : Exclusive Sergio Perez Q&A: Anything is possible at Monza

News
6th September 2014, 18:11
Sergio Perez made a sensational start to his 2014 campaign with a podium in Bahrain, but after coming agonisingly close to victory in Canada, his form has tailed off slightly as Force India have slipped down the Formula One pecking order. The Mexican however believes Monza can be the springboard for a resurgence, particularly as he will start from inside the top ten for only the third time in 2014...
Q: Checo, in the first three races of the season you scored half the points total you now have after 12 races. That situation must drive you up the wall! How do you still manage to stay so calm?
Sergio Perez: Ha, it's not that I am calm - but you have to see the whole season so far and that explains many things. When the car was at its best I lost quite a few opportunities to score big points. We've been very competitive - but we weren't able to get the best out of the weekends. It has mainly been reliability issues that I have had to face this year - and that has put me in a not so favourable position.

Q: It was an incredible start to the season topped by your podium finish in Bahrain, where everything seemed to be possible - and then your luck turned sour

More... (http://www.formula1.com/news/interviews/2014/9/16312.html)