PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Italian GP - Official Thread

steveaki13
2nd September 2014, 21:32
Hi all.

So after two weeks of debating and arguing about whether Nico Rosberg hit Lewis Hamilton on purpose, it is time for Round 13 of this F1 season.

Its for sure that Rosberg is in a fantastic position now. What will classic Monza hold for us. Something equally exciting.

Also can Daniel continue bringing himself into the Championship hunt?

Firstly though

Nico Rosberg
Mercedes

Lewis Hamilton
Mercedes

Daniel Ricciardo
Red Bull

Fernando Alonso
Ferrari

Valterri Bottas
Williams

Sebastian Vettel
Red Bull

Nico Hulkenberg
Force India

Jenson Button
Mclaren

Felipe Massa
Williams

Kimi Raikkonen
Ferrari

Kevin Magnussen
Mclaren

Sergio Perez
Force India

Jean Eric Vergne
Toro Rosso

Romain Grosjean
Lotus

Danii Kyvat
Toro Rosso

Jules Bianchi
Marussia

Adrian Sutil
Sauber

Marcus Ericsson
Caterham

Pastor Maldonado
Lotus

Esteban Gutierrez
Sauber

Max Chilton
Marussia

Kamui Kobabayshi
Caterham

Andre Lotterer
Caterham

Mercedes

Red Bull

Ferrari

Williams

Mclaren

Force India

Toro Rosso

Lotus

Marussia

Sauber

Caterham

2014 Italian GP

http://www.digitaldisplacement.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/06/F1_big_Monza.gif

53 Laps

Lap Record: 1:21:046 - Rubens Barrichello - Ferrari - 2004

Session Times - Local & (Uk -Sorry :vampire:)

FP1: 10:00am-11:30 am - (9:00am - 10:30am)
FP 2: 14:00pm-15:30pm -(13:00pm-14:30pm)

FP3: 11:00am-12:00pm - (10:00am-11:00am)
Quali: 14:00pm - (13:00pm)

Race: 14:00pm - (13:00pm)

Previous Winners since 1990
1990: Ayrton Senna - Mclaren
1991: Nigel Mansell - Williams
1992: Ayrton Senna - Mclaren
1993: Damon Hill - Williams
1994: Damon Hill - Williams
1995: Johnny Herbert - Benetton
1996: Michael Schumacher - Ferrari
1997: David Coulthard - Mclaren
1998: Michael Schumacher - Ferrari
1999: Heinz Harold Frentzen - Jordan
2000: Michael Schumacher - Ferrari
2001: Juan Montoya - Williams
2002: Rubens Barrichello - Ferrari
2003: Michael Schumacher - Ferrari
2004: Rubens Barrichello - Ferrari
2005: Juan Montoya - Mclaren
2006: Michael Schumacher - Ferrari
2007: Fernando Alonso - Mclaren
2008: Sebastian Vettel - Toro Rosso
2009: Rubens Barrichello - Brawn
2010: Fernando Alonso - Ferrari
2011: Sebastian Vettel - Red Bull
2012: Lewis Hamilton - Mclaren
2013: Sebastian Vettel - Red Bull

Multiple Winners

Michael Schumacher - 5 wins
Nelson Piquet - 4 wins
Tazio Nuvolari - 3 wins *pre F1
Alberto Ascari - 3 wins *1 pre F1
Juan Manuel Fangio - 3 wins
Stirling Moss - 3 wins
Ronnie Peterson - 3 wins
Alain Prost - 3 wins
Rubens Barrichello - 3 wins
Sebastian Vettel - 3 wins
Luigi Fagioli - 2 wins * Pre F1
Rudolf Caracciola - 2 wins *pre F1
Phil Hill - 2 wins
John Surtees - 2 wins
Jackie Stewart - 2 wins
Clay Regazzoni - 2 wins
Niki Lauda - 2 wins
Ayrton Senna - 2 wins
Damon Hill - 2 wins
Juan Montoya - 2 wins
Fernando Alonso - 2 wins

*Vettel is the leader around here in F1 now. Who can forget 2008.

Ferrari - 19 wins *1 Pre F1
Mclaren - 10 wins
Alfa Romeo - 8 wins * 7 Pre F1
Williams - 6 wins
Lotus - 5 wins
Mercedes - 4 wins * 2 Pre F1
Auto Union - 3 wins *Pre F1
Brabham - 3 wins
BRM - 3 wins
Fiat - 2 wins *Pre F1
Bugatti - 2 wins *Pre F1
Maserati - 2 wins
Vanwell - 2 wins
Renault - 2 wins
Red Bull - 2 wins

Unsurprisingly Ferrari dominate at their home circuit.

So there you have it. Time for a historic race at Monza. Mercedes & Williams should come to the front here with the need for straight line speed.

Although Red Bull trimmed off a lot of wing in Spa. I assume they will do the same again.

Lets hope its a cracker. :)

journeyman racer
3rd September 2014, 14:58
Obviously I'm from Melbourne. The race starts 10pm here. I will be in Mt Gambier on Sunday, participating in a competition. Mt Gambier is 540kms away from Melbourne. We're expected to finish around 4pm. Will I make it home in time for the start of the race? Stay tuned to find out...

Tazio
5th September 2014, 10:00
FP1 dawgs! :wave: :angel:

Koz
5th September 2014, 11:16
So, will Kimi do the tow for Alonso?

Koz
5th September 2014, 11:26
No Lotterer? :(

Tazio
5th September 2014, 16:25
So, will Kimi do the tow for Alonso? Sorry dawg I fell asleep, and missed most of both practices. I don't think they will do the tow thing this year, as it tends to favor one driver. With Kimi starting to regain form I'm thinking that they will play it straight, trying to score as many points as possible. I never thought I would be pulling hard for Ferrari to upset Williams for 3rd place. :confused: :angryfire :angel:

RS
5th September 2014, 17:54
Wow, Lotus slow in FP today, Mouldy Pastanado behind Bianchi and Grosjean behind Chilton.

I guess they'll pull clear in FP3 and Qualy but that shows how far they've fallen from having a race winning car a year ago.

steveaki13
5th September 2014, 20:42
I missed all practice sessions today.

Did anything interesting happen?

Doc Austin
5th September 2014, 22:18
Apparently Hamilton lost the majority of the second session with an electrical problem. I don't see how he can win the championship if he keeps having this kind of unreliability. The guy simply can't get a break.

McLaren is certainly looking better too, so that will spice up their battle with Force India.

0.767 covers the top ten. What happened to Mercedes' 2 second a lap advantage from Sa?

steveaki13
5th September 2014, 23:39
To be fair, what happened to Mercedes 2 second a lap advantage from Spa at Spa.

airshifter
6th September 2014, 07:56
Ferrari looking good in practice, and RB look to be slow. Williams also not where they might seem to usually be. This might be a great chance for a Ferrari podium, and actually a shot at beating one or both of the Mercedes cars.

I suspect Mercedes have yet to show their entire hand, but we will see soon enough.

Tazio
6th September 2014, 08:16
I agree that Mercedes has a little speed in hand yet, but don't think Ferrari have a chance in hell of beating one of them unless Mercedes has issues.

steveaki13
6th September 2014, 09:58
I agree that Mercedes has a little speed in hand yet, but don't think Ferrari have a chance in hell of beating one of them unless Mercedes has issues.

But they have Fred Zo, so they always have a chance :devil:

Tazio
6th September 2014, 10:21
http://formulaoneanalysis.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/friday-analysis-bottas-speeds-his-way.html

Interesting, and entertaining analysis IMO :angel:

Tazio
6th September 2014, 10:32
But they have Fred Zo, so they always have a chance :devil:

Fred Kimazokkonen :dork: :angel:

steveaki13
6th September 2014, 10:32
You would generally think Mercedes and Williams should be comfortable ahead 1-2 & 3-4, but it does seem lately that Merc do not have/can not use the advantage they have.

They really need a 1-2 today to re stamp their authority on the season (from their point of view)

Behind I guess Ferrari will be stronger here because its Monza, but really I don't see a podium unless issues befall others.

Red Bull generally in the past would be one of the slowest cars in a straight line and so it would be one of their weakest weekends of the season this year. However their reduced downforce set up used at Spa proved they can be mighty along the straights, which is all you need here.

Force India and Mclaren should be looking to use the Merc engine to gain some points this weekend.

Lotus looked terrible on the times yesterday. Didn't see the footage, but I assume the car looked a dog?

And whats with Kamui back in the Caterham? If Lotterer only gets that one race and after he retired on Lap 1 or 2, that is very harsh on him.

He deserved another weekend or two at least. If not the rest of the season.

Marussia must be looking at Lotus and Caterham and seeing a chance of a Q2 again and maybe a decent race

Tazio
6th September 2014, 11:30
NR has gearbox issues, out for session, possible penalty?

Koz
6th September 2014, 11:32
And whats with Kamui back in the Caterham? If Lotterer only gets that one race and after he retired on Lap 1 or 2, that is very harsh on him.

He deserved another weekend or two at least. If not the rest of the season.

He refused, dare I say understandably.

He cited that Colin Kolles planned to put Roberto Merhi in the car for FP1 on Friday, something Lotterer did not originally agree on. He explained that he is a rookie and needs all the track time he can get. Because of this call by Caterham, he's decided to give up the race seat.

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/lotterer-refuses-to-drive-for-caterham-at-monza/

Tazio
6th September 2014, 12:01
Zemo, and Fred :love: :angel:

Tazio
6th September 2014, 14:02
Quali dawgz :angel:

Koz
6th September 2014, 14:20
Montoya! :D

Tazio
6th September 2014, 14:21
Steve, Lotus really suck, Slash even got out of Q1!

longisland
6th September 2014, 14:23
JPM & Head may have just given Massa a wake up call. I for one don't mind JPM do a Loterrer in Williams

Tazio
6th September 2014, 14:23
Montoya! :DExactly how do you mean that Koz? :confused:

Koz
6th September 2014, 14:25
"Rosberg for pole, Hamilton is weak in the head" says Montoya. Nice to hear from him.

JPM & Head may have just given Massa a wake up call. I for one don't mind JPM do a Loterrer in Williams

You might be able to squeeze him into a Williams, but it won't be easy to get him out :o

Tazio
6th September 2014, 14:25
He'd never fit in the car would he L.I.? :confused:

Tazio
6th September 2014, 14:27
"Rosberg for pole, Hamilton is weak in the head" says Montoya. Nice to hear from him.
I agree that Nico will get pole but because The Boss seems to be struggling with the brakes.

longisland
6th September 2014, 14:34
Maybe not. Considering his F1 career was put to an end by a Popsicle munching Finn. Not sure if he wants to deal with another Finn. I'd say it'd be a tight squeeze but he will fit Massa's car. His burger days are behind him

Tazio
6th September 2014, 14:36
Kimi man :eek:

Tazio
6th September 2014, 14:38
Why did Fred park?

Tazio
6th September 2014, 14:42
Kimi punked by by (almost) Six Tenths, ;)

Tazio
6th September 2014, 14:44
Maybe not. Considering his F1 career was put to an end by a Popsicle munching Finn. Not sure if he wants to deal with another Finn. I'd say it'd be a tight squeeze but he will fit Massa's car. His burger days are behind himI miss that little monkey, and his wife :pimp:

Mekola
6th September 2014, 14:44
And Magnussen in in Q3.

Tazio
6th September 2014, 14:47
And Magnussen in in Q3.Yep, I really like K-Mag

Koz
6th September 2014, 14:48
Kimi won't be with us next season, along with Luca.

Tazio
6th September 2014, 14:49
Don't write Kimi off yet Koz. :mad:

Koz
6th September 2014, 14:51
Hamilton!!

When do you propose we write Kimi off?

Tazio
6th September 2014, 14:55
He made a mistake and it really hurt, Now Fred seems to be on row 4, I hope he can improve!

longisland
6th September 2014, 14:59
Looking forward to Hamiltons sub 24s

Koz
6th September 2014, 14:59
He made the same mistake two laps in a row.

Tazio
6th September 2014, 15:00
Almost got it LI. :stareup:

Doc Austin
6th September 2014, 17:23
Hamilton is only 0.588s clear of Botas.

It's funny that any other year a half a second would be considered enormous, but with Mercedes' dominance, getting that close is an improvement!

Tazio
6th September 2014, 20:46
Strange how things have changed, in the post race media blitz Button was almost apologizing in advance for McLaren "probably" not showing a race pace constituent to their quali pace, that was unheard of 10 years ago.

steveaki13
6th September 2014, 21:58
Steve, Lotus really suck, Slash even got out of Q1!

Slash in Q2 :rotflmao:

Anyway. Been away today and didn't get to see anything until now. Just watched Quali and wow do Lotus suck.

I thought Bianchi might give one a fright, but it was not to be.

Good for the Championship that Lewy is ahead. Rosberg must be pretty chuffed with Q2 in all honesty. Hamilton right in front and Nico could easily lead into turn 1.

Should be a fun race tomorrow (which I should actually be around for :p)

I reckon Bottas & Massa must be licking their lips at Nico & Lewis into turn 1. Cause a win beckons if those two get physical again.

Duncan
6th September 2014, 22:47
Hamilton: "Face it, Nico, I'm just better than you".

Ok, I'm paraphrasing a bit here. His actual words were "1:24.109".

Tazio
6th September 2014, 23:42
He made the same mistake two laps in a row. Ok!! Ok??? :angryfire

Duncan
7th September 2014, 00:45
Ok!! Ok??? :angryfire

I find it difficult to be hard on Kimi here. The simple fact is, he's driving a car that basically sucks relative to the level of expectations for it.

Fernando posted what I'm assuming was very close to the best possible time for that car, and it was still only good enough for 7th. Kimi just didn't have enough pace in hand to post a conservative lap time to make it to Q3, and forced to push hard, ended up making a mistake that cost him.

Tazio
7th September 2014, 00:51
Slash in Q2 :rotflmao:

Anyway. Been away today and didn't get to see anything until now. Just watched Quali and wow do Lotus suck.

I thought Bianchi might give one a fright, but it was not to be.

Good for the Championship that Lewy is ahead. Rosberg must be pretty chuffed with Q2 in all honesty. Hamilton right in front and Nico could easily lead into turn 1.

Should be a fun race tomorrow (which I should actually be around for :p)

I reckon Bottas & Massa must be licking their lips at Nico & Lewis into turn 1. Cause a win beckons if those two get physical again.

dawg, it must be dio

zako85
7th September 2014, 06:43
The starting grid is quite telling:

Row 1: Mercedes
Row 2: Williams-Mercedes
Row 3: McLaren-Mercedes

Oh, and congratulations to Lewis Hamilton for his first pole since Spanish GP. I didn't notice it was that long ago...

Tazio
7th September 2014, 07:01
I find it difficult to be hard on Kimi here. The simple fact is, he's driving a car that basically sucks relative to the level of expectations for it.

Fernando posted what I'm assuming was very close to the best possible time for that car, and it was still only good enough for 7th. Kimi just didn't have enough pace in hand to post a conservative lap time to make it to Q3, and forced to push hard, ended up making a mistake that cost him.The car really is an abortion, but in Fred's hands it seems kind of fast OK? :confused: :angel:

Duncan
7th September 2014, 07:56
The car really is an abortion, but in Fred's hands it seems kind of fast OK? :confused: :angel:

No argument; Fernando is squeezing every last drop of performance out of that car (although, since he's been with Ferrari for so long, it's reasonable to assume that the car is built much more around his demands as a driver than Kimi's).

But it's still only kind of fast. As in, not really fast compared to Mercedes, Williams and McLaren. And only barely competitive against Red Bull, Force India (!) and Toro Rosso (!!). This is not what Italy expects, especially at Monza. So I've got to sympathize a little with Kimi when he's needing to push so hard just to try to make it into Q3 and puts a wheel in the gravel trying a little too hard.

Of course, he has a big blanket of money to snuggle up with if he gets too depressed, so my sympathy has limits :).

Tazio
7th September 2014, 10:16
No argument; Fernando is squeezing every last drop of performance out of that car (although, since he's been with Ferrari for so long, it's reasonable to assume that the car is built much more around his demands as a driver than Kimi's).

But it's still only kind of fast. As in, not really fast compared to Mercedes, Williams and McLaren. And only barely competitive against Red Bull, Force India (!) and Toro Rosso (!!). This is not what Italy expects, especially at Monza. So I've got to sympathize a little with Kimi when he's needing to push so hard just to try to make it into Q3 and puts a wheel in the gravel trying a little too hard.

Of course, he has a big blanket of money to snuggle up with if he gets too depressed, so my sympathy has limits .I hear you bro :crazy: Sorry for wording it that way, I was super drunk when I posted that last comment, now I've kind have slept it off. It is 1:00 am with a 5:00 am race start and I'm really so hung over; I'm going to start drinking again :beer:
I'm really already drunk as a skunk. If I miss the race I hope my FGP team does ok, OK????? :dork: :angel:

Duncan
7th September 2014, 10:28
Bottle of wine down here... I have the DVR set. Going to sleep soon. Will watch when I wake up :)

Tazio
7th September 2014, 11:06
Personally I prefer a simple but full bodied Bordeaux, like Saint-Émilion from the north bank, or the California equivilent, what y'all boys call a Claret.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2GHL8VhMjo

donKey jote
7th September 2014, 13:41
morning gurlz :bounce:

steveaki13
7th September 2014, 13:46
Morning guys and gals

So Mercedes side by side into turn 1 in Monza.

I would love to be Bottas right now. He can go hell for leather at the start and see if the Merc's want to fight hard or stay on the track and be cautious

donKey jote
7th September 2014, 13:48
I hope the Williams somehow manage to pressure both Mercs into not cruising...

steveaki13
7th September 2014, 13:52
Nico & Lewis will use their cars as weapons today and smash into each other and allow a Williams 1-2 and a Fred podium.

:devil:

Koz
7th September 2014, 13:53
I hope the Williams somehow manage to pressure both Mercs into not cruising...

Hope they don't mess up their strategies today.

Tazio
7th September 2014, 13:56
morning dawgz :wave: :blackeye: :angel:

Koz
7th September 2014, 14:00
Here we go!

donKey jote
earwiggoooo :D

veeten
Here we... GOOOOOO!!!!!

donKey jote
7th September 2014, 14:01
hahahhaaa sky got it wrong :p

donKey jote
7th September 2014, 14:02
chokey chokey ?
Go Massa :D

Koz
7th September 2014, 14:03
Hamilton broken????

veeten
7th September 2014, 14:04
DRS... made Lewey a mess. :p

veeten
7th September 2014, 14:05
electronic gremlins... Windows?... ;) :p

steveaki13
7th September 2014, 14:13
Haha you have to laugh at Lewis's luck.

Anyway good for Nico.

A flying Chilton too. Lewis is going to have a job passing Massa with the speed of that Williams.

Nico running through the run off area.

steveaki13
7th September 2014, 14:15
Or not

N4D13
7th September 2014, 14:16
I'd point out that Lewis' pass on Massa looks a lot similar to the one that Nico attempted on Lewis in Spa. The only difference is that this time, Massa did leave room for the other car.

dj_bytedisaster
7th September 2014, 14:18
RIC looking pretty ordinary this weekend. Maybe Vettel's got his mojo back

veeten
7th September 2014, 14:20
if you don't have the speed or position to defend in the curve, you have to let it go. Wise move by Massa.

veeten
7th September 2014, 14:24

New version of the chassis for Vettel this week, rather than repairing the one he has been racing. Daniel is running his regular one.

journeyman racer
7th September 2014, 14:25
Obviously I'm from Melbourne. The race starts 10pm here. I will be in Mt Gambier on Sunday, participating in a competition. Mt Gambier is 540kms away from Melbourne. We're expected to finish around 4pm. Will I make it home in time for the start of the race? Stay tuned to find out...
The answer is no! Shame. I was really trying hard.

veeten
7th September 2014, 14:29
The answer is no! Shame. I was really trying hard.

That's okay. You may have missed the start, but you're here to watch the rest of the race. And that's good. :)

veeten
7th September 2014, 14:30
Pit stop time...

donKey jote
7th September 2014, 14:36
:yawn:

steveaki13
7th September 2014, 14:36
Vettel gets some jump on the battle he was racing, Perez too.

Mercedes are very close. Surely Rosberg has this in the bag assuming he pits first

dj_bytedisaster
7th September 2014, 14:40
New version of the chassis for Vettel this week, rather than repairing the one he has been racing. Daniel is running his regular one.

Not quite. It's the repaired one they substituted after China. Spa was already the second chassis they had to exchange. According to Marko they're building a completely new one for the last races.

N4D13
7th September 2014, 14:44
What a way for Rosberg to throw away a race win. :(

veeten
7th September 2014, 14:44
and the tifosi are starting to cry...

Tazio
7th September 2014, 14:45
Oh spank!

dj_bytedisaster
7th September 2014, 14:46
What a way for Rosberg to throw away a race win. :(

Pretty telling to see wolff at the pitwall grinning after ROS missed the corner.

steveaki13
7th September 2014, 14:47
Unusual for Nico to make two mistakes in a race. He is normally so consistent.

Anyway a second won't do him much harm.

veeten
7th September 2014, 14:50
well, Kimi is carrying the banner for Ferrari, unless something happens to him.

Then, it'll be like 'storming the bastile', as they clamor for Luca's head.

steveaki13
7th September 2014, 14:54
Bottas v Magnussen under investigation. Looked like a racing incident. Magnussen had an unfortunate slide mid corner and Bottas had to run wide.

Not an intentional force of the track IMO

N4D13
7th September 2014, 14:55
The guys at TJ13 are confident that Luca will be resigning after the Italian GP. I don't know whether that's true or not but it could be quite an appropriate time to say goodbye. A likely 10º and a DNF in the home of Ferrari mean that heads need to roll.

steveaki13
7th September 2014, 14:57
Magnussen 5 seconds added on at the end?

steveaki13
7th September 2014, 14:57
The guys at TJ13 are confident that Luca will be resigning after the Italian GP. I don't know whether that's true or not but it could be quite an appropriate time to say goodbye. A likely 10º and a DNF in the home of Ferrari mean that heads need to roll.

I agree.

Ferrari could do with a major shake up

dj_bytedisaster
7th September 2014, 14:59
lol Perez vs Button, great stuff :D

steveaki13
7th September 2014, 15:01
lol Perez vs Button, great stuff :D

If the stupid stewards are consistant though, Button forced Perez off the track at the second chicane. :dozey:

Koz
7th September 2014, 15:02
Ricciardo!!!

dj_bytedisaster
7th September 2014, 15:02
Where has RIC been the first 40 laps?

steveaki13
7th September 2014, 15:03
Running long to have great tyres at the end. Ricciardo coming to catch and pass Vettel maybe

veeten
7th September 2014, 15:04
hey dj,... Here comes Daniel. ;) :D

N4D13
7th September 2014, 15:06
If the stupid stewards are consistant though, Button forced Perez off the track at the second chicane. :dozey:
Don't expect to see Button getting a penalty for that. I can imagine that Magnussen was on the stewards' list after Belgium, but I don't think Jenson is.

Koz
7th September 2014, 15:09
Tough luck bitches! No team orders!! :D

dj_bytedisaster
7th September 2014, 15:10
hey dj,... Here comes Daniel. ;) :D

There's no way that's normal. I call hidden team order

journeyman racer
7th September 2014, 15:10
Quoting to remind everyone of this post.

steveaki13
7th September 2014, 15:11
I hear you, but that shouldn't be how it works though.

veeten
7th September 2014, 15:11
Yes!!!!!!!

dj_bytedisaster
7th September 2014, 15:13

So he's ordinary for 40 laps - suddenly runs 1 sec faster than VET? Yeah, just Vettel being crap. That's the most blatant team order I've seen since 2010 or the car decides to have itself for lunch again. That's not normal

steveaki13
7th September 2014, 15:14

It doesn't count though. Ricciardo was so quiet early on. This counts as a Vettel win. ;)

Never mind Daniel looked after his tyres to run longer and do Seb into the chicane.

Koz
7th September 2014, 15:14
LMAO, he's on way fresher tyres dude.

The Black Knight
7th September 2014, 15:15
Great to see Hammy make Cheato Rosberg crack. Mercedes showed their cards there that they didn't want Hamilton to pressure him. Stay 2.5 seconds behind cheating Rosberg they said. Obviously want Rosberg to win, great that Hamilton chose to ignore them!

steveaki13
7th September 2014, 15:16
So he's ordinary for 40 laps - suddenly runs 1 sec faster than VET? Yeah, just Vettel being crap. That's the most blatant team order I've seen since 2010 or the car decides to have itself for lunch again. That's not normal

:laugh:

Being ordinary could also be looking after tyres to play the long game.

Imagine if this was Hamilton v Ricciardo. You be saying Hamilton's being made to look silly.

Koz
7th September 2014, 15:17
Great to see Hammy make Cheato Rosberg crack. Mercedes showed their cards there that they didn't want Hamilton to pressure him. Stay 2.5 seconds behind cheating Rosberg they said. Obviously want Rosberg to win, great that Hamilton chose to ignore them!

You really missed Toto's grin?

steveaki13
LMAO, he's on way fresher tyres dude.

No, they are favouring Daniel so much. Clearly Red Bull know who the number 1 driver is. ;)

journeyman racer
Sorry. The race forms to the end result. Even if Vettel gets pole and Ricciardo fails to make Q3, we now know Ricciardo can nail him. Vettel will always be vulnerable.

I'll just remind you that Germany won the Wold Cup. You should still be content. Vettel doesn't matter anymore.

veeten
7th September 2014, 15:18
and the voice said, 'Sebastian, Daniel is faster than you...' :p

Koz
7th September 2014, 15:19
Holy Kvyat Batman!

N4D13
7th September 2014, 15:19
Nice off-road driving skills from Kyvat there!

dj_bytedisaster
7th September 2014, 15:20
First podium for Massa since forever. Only positive aspect of this race...

steveaki13
7th September 2014, 15:21
Wow Kyvat lucky not to have smashed Kimi.

Hamilton wins and another dominant Merc 1-2,

Great to see Felipe Baby get a podium

Koz
7th September 2014, 15:21
First podium for Massa since forever. Only positive aspect of this race...

Since last year.

veeten
7th September 2014, 15:22
Former Ferrari driver takes 3rd, in a Williams no less.

steveaki13
7th September 2014, 15:24
Since last year.

Forgive him, he is sulking ;)

The Black Knight
7th September 2014, 15:25
You really missed Toto's grin?

Saw it. All for show. Radio message said it all!

donKey jote
7th September 2014, 15:25
"porca miseria" :laugh:

journeyman racer
7th September 2014, 15:28
My God. Take a chill pill or something:o You do realise that Hamilton, personally, couldn't care less about your existence? You don't have to be so absorbed.

The Black Knight
7th September 2014, 15:34
Jean Alesi is a moron. He should never be doing the podium interviews!

steveaki13
7th September 2014, 15:35
I think whatever happened this all worked out well.

Mercedes have their 1-2. Lewis has pulled some points back and won the race.

Nico has limited the damage done.

I think this all settles well for the team

truefan72
7th September 2014, 15:36
:laugh:

Being ordinary could also be looking after tyres to play the long game.

Imagine if this was Hamilton v Ricciardo. You be saying Hamilton's being made to look silly.

I think vettel had a strong race
considering for some bizarre reason his team decided to pit him way too early and he had to run 33 laps on the hards
Ricciardo was nowhere at that point, and all vettel had to do was stay out a few more laps and he would have finished 5th
Vettel will be encouraged by the result, although getting overtaken by your teammate is a tough pill to swallow

steveaki13
7th September 2014, 15:37
Jean Alesi is a moron. He should never be doing the podium interviews!

No Jean is a good guy, you hated EJ in Spa and now Alesi. Whats your beef.

The Black Knight
7th September 2014, 15:37
My God. Take a chill pill or something:o You do realise that Hamilton, personally, couldn't care less about your existence? You don't have to be so absorbed.

Hahaha actually I've met Lewis many times.

steveaki13
7th September 2014, 15:38
considering for some bizarre reason his team decided to pit him way too early and he had to run 33 laps on the hards
Ricciardo was nowhere at that point, and all vettel had to do was stay out a few more laps and he would have finished 5th
Vettel will be encouraged by the result, although getting overtaken by your teammate is a tough pill to swallow

I get you truefan, its just the attitude of Dj sometimes I find amazing. Vettel was given a weird strategy, but Daniel had an unusual one too, just the other direction.

The Black Knight
7th September 2014, 15:42
I get you truefan, its just the attitude of Dj sometimes I find amazing. Vettel was given a weird strategy, but Daniel had an unusual one too, just the other direction.

Yeah fantastic drive from Ricciardo again. What a star he is becoming!

Koz
7th September 2014, 15:42
Hahaha actually I've met Lewis many times.

But has he met you? :o

dj_bytedisaster
7th September 2014, 15:43

That's because you lack some information. TJ13 has inside sources within RB and he's been told that Vettel has basically been abandoned by the team. Ricciardo feels more comfortable with the car and therefore they all swore allegiance to him as he wins them more money. I just find it appalling to turn your back on the guy that won for you 4 years in a row simply for monetary reasons. They're just mindless mercenaries.

truefan72
7th September 2014, 15:45

exactly

I think the grin was more of the fact that They tried to have hamilton hold station...stupidly
as if they looked at their own bloody date and timing they would have seen that hamilton was regularly about .250sec/lap faster
nevermind that the start mode issue's meant he lost a lot of time and positions at the start, and that he was charging.
Nevermind that he was on one lap fresher tyres and could afford to attack
nevermind that he was on a better fuel management level by over 1kg vs Rosberg, and could afford to push
he was going to try an overtake in a few laps anyway, but the team tried to make him stay behind
It was a stupid call by his engineer, but it was probably from the team as the call was like " the suggestion is to hold back..."
The grin was more about the fact that Hamilton decided to run his race and forced rosberg into a mistake.

Like Johnny Herbert said " I guess 2sec in front is better to manage than 2 sec behind"

I am happy for the win, but not really pleased with the way mercedes continue to mishandle/screw up/get it wrong with their pitwall calls

journeyman racer
7th September 2014, 15:46
With quality like that, you should have more than 6 likes.

Koz
7th September 2014, 15:49
That's because you lack some information. TJ13 has inside sources within RB and he's been told that Vettel has basically been abandoned by the team. Ricciardo feels more comfortable with the car and therefore they all swore allegiance to him as he wins them more money. I just find it appalling to turn your back on the guy that won for you 4 years in a row simply for monetary reasons. They're just mindless mercenaries.

So why have they abandoned Vettel as you say?

truefan72
7th September 2014, 15:50

it is you who needs a chill pill.
Your response to him is more angry than what BK ever said
I know your boy did not win, so perhaps a bit of anger from you influencing your posts?

steveaki13
7th September 2014, 15:50
So why have they abandoned Vettel as you say?

I find that hard to believe to be honest. Despite the "sources", I don't claim to know, but i guess that would be unlikely

Warriwa
7th September 2014, 15:51

There is just no way that Red Bull have turned there back on Vettel. How could you possibly believe this nonsense?

steveaki13
7th September 2014, 15:53
There is just no way that Red Bull have turned there back on Vettel. How could you possibly believe this nonsense?

Because it suits the defence of Vettel?

journeyman racer
7th September 2014, 15:55
I know your boy did not win, so perhaps a bit of anger from you influencing your posts?
What are you talking about? :confused:

Hawkmoon
7th September 2014, 15:56

I think your tin foil hat is a little tight DJ. How, exactly, do Ricciardo's points pay more than Vettel's?

truefan72

yeah, fair enough, RBR certainly split their strategy, and in a way, it worked out for both of them as they both gained positions from their grid start.
Ricciardo did do well coming up from p11, but he would have had a tough battle with alonso methinks
But i will say that Daniel is more in tune with the car and clearly joining the upper echelon of drivers.
It was an odd call on vettel to pit early, and he had a clean race, so to me it was down to tire wear.

The Black Knight

Haha, Yes!

The Black Knight
7th September 2014, 15:58

Exactly! I am not angry at all! I'm happy Hammy won! He showed once again that, when it is a straight out fight, he has the edge on cheato Rosberg!

Hawkmoon
7th September 2014, 16:01
yeah, fair enough, RBR certainly split their strategy, and in a way, it worked out for both of them as they both gained positions from their grid start.
Ricciardo did do well coming up from p11, but he de would have had a tough battle with alonso methinks
But i will say that Daniel is more in tune with the car and clearly joining the upper echelon of drivers.
It was an odd call on vettel to pit early, and he had a clean race, so to me it was down to tire wear.

I don't think it was that odd. Vettel was the first one in but it was only a lap earlier than many others. I think Red Bull were either looking for the undercut, which they got, or as you say, Vettel was struggling with tyre wear. Regardless, that's two races straight that Ricciardo has passed Vettel on the track.

journeyman racer
7th September 2014, 16:07
Haha, Yes!
Have you ever met Rosberg?

truefan72
7th September 2014, 16:14
I don't think it was that odd. Vettel was the first one in but it was only a lap earlier than many others. I think Red Bull were either looking for the undercut, which they got, or as you say, Vettel was struggling with tyre wear. Regardless, that's two races straight that Ricciardo has passed Vettel on the track.

indeed. Ricciardo looks like future champ.
Vettel is a good driver, and has had some tough luck this year, but IMO Ricciardo is a better driver, at least with this 2014 car
But i do think that he is getting a bit exposed while at the same time Ricciardo is shown to be a top notch driver.

The Black Knight
7th September 2014, 16:32
indeed. Ricciardo looks like future champ.
Vettel is a good driver, and has had some tough luck this year, but IMO Ricciardo is a better driver, at least with this 2014 car
But i do think that he is getting a bit exposed while at the same time Ricciardo is shown to be a top notch driver.

Precisely! It's not that Vettel is a bad driver. It's just that he's not nearly as good a driver as many people thought. Personally I feel he is on the same level as Button i.e. Nearly but just not quite the cream of the crop!

Garry Walker
7th September 2014, 16:35
I think your tin foil hat is a little tight DJ. How, exactly, do Ricciardo's points pay more than Vettel's?

Yeah, I'd like to understand that too. Or how Ricciardo is worth more money to RB than goldenboy. I mean, bieber is a 4 time champ and famous outside F1, nobody knows who Ricciardo is.

But as DJ likes to quote TJ13, i will quote this post from 12th august.
Using the same simulator and the same car profile with the blown exhaust, TJ13 has it on good authority that Ricciardo was regularly beating Vettel’s best simulator times comfortably during 2013.

Bravo!

Strong race? He was one of the worst guys on the grid today. He had a good start, good position, yet Ricciardo was 15 seconds behind at one point and still finished 10 seconds ahead. It was a disgraceful performance. In fact, was there any teammate pairing where one guy was so much slower than his teammate?

As for strategy, there was nothing wrong with his strategy. If I am not mistaken, he pitted on lap 18, so it means he had to do 35 laps on hards, yet they were dead for him by mid 40 laps (so they lasted about 25 laps on him). Ricciardo pitted on lap 25, yet with 28 lap old tyres he was able to make his fastest lap on lap 53. Added to that, you have to take into account that he had to battle many guys when he was overtaking them and that hurt his tyres too. But still he had much much better tyre management and I have no doubt that he could have handled pitting on lap 18 too.

Are you on booze again? bieber almost ran him off the track and Ricciardo himself did a pretty dangerous move to get past bieber. Ricciardo was faster in this race very clearly - there was no need for a teamorder because
1) Bieber was very slow (had a gap of over 10 seconds to Ricciardo for a while)
2) You could see how easily Ricciardo passed many cars today

Where has RIC been the first 40 laps?
Making up for his bad qualifying and bad start. But in all that time he was either stuck behind another car or going faster than his teammate.

There's no way that's normal. I call hidden team order

Come on. There is zero proof for that and I explained to you earlier in this post why this was not neccessary.

Garry Walker
7th September 2014, 16:36
Precisely! It's not that Vettel is a bad driver. It's just that he's not nearly as good a driver as many people thought. Personally I feel he is on the same level as Button i.e. Nearly but just not quite the cream of the crop!

Ricciardo has exposed bieber and shown how awesome of a car Red Bull has been the last couple seasons. Bieber is the worst world champion ever.

steveaki13
7th September 2014, 17:54

This is 100% right

Warriwa
8th September 2014, 01:07

This is the third chassis Red Bull have built for Vettel this year trying to keep him happy. These are not actions from a team who have turned their backs on a driver. They are bending over backwards trying to get him up to speed. No expense spared.

The Black Knight
8th September 2014, 06:53
This is the third chassis Red Bull have built for Vettel this year trying to keep him happy. These are not actions from a team who have turned their backs on a driver. They are bending over backwards trying to get him up to speed. No expense spared.

I'd spare my breath if I were you. There will always be an excuse for Vettel failing to win. I guarantee you, even if Vettel came out and said Ricciardo was the better driver, DJ would say he was made say it by the team because he just Can't recognize that his golden boy isn't really that great!

Big Ben
8th September 2014, 11:09
I find it harder and harder to say anything around here. One's Hamilton's buddy.... Another one has inside sources in RBR. I haven't even attended an F1 race yet

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

journeyman racer
8th September 2014, 11:48
I find it harder and harder to say anything around here. One's Hamilton's buddy.... Another one has inside sources in RBR. I haven't even attended an F1 race yet

More cred than the other two.

N. Jones
8th September 2014, 15:13
Has Luca gotten the boot yet?

steveaki13
8th September 2014, 20:58
I hear you Big Ben.

I have been to a few GP's but really only give my opinion. I don't have the contacts to supply dubious facts :D

Whyzars
9th September 2014, 15:50
Was there any steward ruling on whether Hamilton moved on the grid before the lights went out? I have only seen the race feed and commentators noting movement so am assuming they were mistaken.

Tazio
9th September 2014, 16:15
I don't know what the stewards position was on the incident, but it appeared that he had stopped before the lights went out. I think it was part of the same glitch that caused him to start so slowly, and also slow out of his pitstop.....perhaps :confused:

The Black Knight
9th September 2014, 17:08
I don't know what the stewards position was on the incident, but it appeared that he had stopped before the lights went out. I think it was part of the same glitch that caused him to start so slowly, and also slow out of his pitstop.....perhaps :confused:

I've noticed that he almost always gets away slowly out of his pitstop.

rjbetty
9th September 2014, 20:28
So I was following the race on bbc website text only on my ancient phone.

Read about the Rosberg chicane thing and Lewis taking the lead.

I just honestly thought that was a mistake, and the thought of it being anything else didn't even enter my mind until I saw it suggested on here!

Just one thing, following the race I noticed Rosberg radioed his engineer to not tell him the gap to Hamilton.

I took this as him feeling the pressure and just needing to be left alone to concentrate. That's why it never entered my mind it was deliberate.

I would also like to know why Nico would let Lewis past that way deliberately, when Lewis was only 0.7sec nehind at that point anyway, and seemed set to pass him anyway, without needing Nico to go off.

I find it interesting how people are suddenly very willing now to believe, and are convinced Nico went off deliberately on this occasion, having staunchly failed to comprehend the possibility of this previously...

airshifter
11th September 2014, 13:13
I don't think for a second that Nico went off on purpose. It's a smarter move to miss the corner than it is to flat spot the tires, and it was obvious with the radio messages that Nico was feeling the pressure. The majority of the time IMO Lewis can beat him on track, and this race was no exception.

A solid drive by Felipe as well. Just when I've given up on the guy, he comes through.

Ricciardo is by all impressions so far, the real deal. If they sort that car out I think he is WDC material. RB seem to have a great handling package still, but I think the powerplant is holding them back. But I'd like to see Daniel mix it up with the top drivers more. So far he appears to be a very clean and precise driver.

Sucks that Fred has driven that Ferrari beyond what it should do and then breaks in front of the Italian crowd. He wasn't having the greatest race, but was at least in the points and ahead of Kimi.

I'm a bit more on the fence than most over the penalty for K-Mag. I'll have to watch the replays a few more times, but it did seem a bit optimistic to me.

Ide
13th September 2014, 15:03
Here's my set of photos about Monza weekend (http://www.ilkansivu.net/Monza_2014/index.html). There are also few shots about Ayrton Senna memorial and Maranello.