PDA

View Full Version : Helio Castroneves suicide watch

zako85
31st August 2014, 13:49
First, Brazil's national football team was humiliated in the semi-final game. Then, they lost the game for third place. And now this. Damn, I feel worried for Helio. Is he Ok?

journeyman racer
31st August 2014, 14:33
I'm sure you could've thought of a better thread title. You know how it comes up under Last Post, on the front page?

airshifter
31st August 2014, 18:28
I have to agree with the post title.....

But Helio must be down. It sucks being #2 over and over.

journeyman racer
1st September 2014, 12:05
He won Dancing with the Stars? That's kind of like a title?

I'm surprised the thread title hasn't been changed yet.

zako85
1st September 2014, 13:17
Wow guys. You have no sense of humor.

And Helio is doing very well if you watched the interview right after the race. He was smiling and congratulated Will Power.

I didn't know in advance how the thread title shows up on the front page, but that makes it even funnier.

journeyman racer
1st September 2014, 15:40
We do have a sense of humour. However, if you see a title that excludes the word "watch", it does cause a reaction.

Doc Austin
3rd September 2014, 04:29
He's got three Indianapolis 500 wins. That's enough to make three complete careers.

journeyman racer
3rd September 2014, 15:02
I tell you though. If a guy like Castroneves knocks himself off. Then there actually is no hope for anyone else.

anfield5
4th September 2014, 00:57
He must be gutted inside seeing yet another title sail past. But he always comes across as a positive guy, I am sure he will bounce back.

FormerFF
4th September 2014, 04:29
That Helio has not won a championship illustrates just how difficult winning one is.

Starter
4th September 2014, 04:47
There's always next year, though he may be running short of those. He's been around for a while now and I can't help but wonder how much longer he wants to go.

anfield5
4th September 2014, 23:24
That Helio has not won a championship illustrates just how difficult winning one is.

Very true, but that Whinging Will has won one will argue against this.

zako85
7th September 2014, 06:53
As I followed Will Power the last few years, I kind of thought that there is a reason this guy isn't in F1 (together with most others) and why the IndyCar champion title eluded him so long. However, this time around I start to wonder if he has finally become the well-rounded IndyCar driver that one should be to win a champion title. The way Will Power charged from the back of grid to the top 10 at Fontana was impressive. The way he spun a week before at Sonoma was not.

anfield5
10th September 2014, 00:05
As I followed Will Power the last few years, I kind of thought that there is a reason this guy isn't in F1 (together with most others) and why the IndyCar champion title eluded him so long. However, this time around I start to wonder if he has finally become the well-rounded IndyCar driver that one should be to win a champion title. The way Will Power charged from the back of grid to the top 10 at Fontana was impressive. The way he spun a week before at Sonoma was not.

I agree he has some ability, I just can't stand the way nothing is ever his fault, his consistent whinging drives me insane. He needs to man up and show some humility and accept that he isn't perfect, only then will he mature and grow into the driver some people think he can become. The comment he made a year or so ago about not being bothered in races if he couldn't win the championship seem to sum up his rank attitude quite perfectly

Jag_Warrior
24th September 2014, 19:06
He's got three Indianapolis 500 wins. That's enough to make three complete careers.

Hopefully he remembers to put Tony George in his will for giving him that one. :D

Starter
24th September 2014, 23:59
Hopefully he remembers to put Tony George in his will for giving him that one. :D

:rotflmao::rotflmao:

dj_bytedisaster
25th October 2014, 22:42

And Helio is doing very well if you watched the interview right after the race. He was smiling and congratulated Will Power.

I didn't know in advance how the thread title shows up on the front page, but that makes it even funnier.

Suicide watch is no matter of humour. IHow would you feel not being allowed to go to the toilet without supervision? People watching you while you take a shit to make sure you don't strangle yourself? You need to adjust your sense of humour.

journeyman racer
26th October 2014, 01:11
I agree he has some ability, I just can't stand the way nothing is ever his fault, his consistent whinging drives me insane. He needs to man up and show some humility and accept that he isn't perfect, only then will he mature and grow into the driver some people think he can become. The comment he made a year or so ago about not being bothered in races if he couldn't win the championship seem to sum up his rank attitude quite perfectly
He's become a bit of a douchebag since joining Penske.

Starter
26th October 2014, 01:42
Suicide watch is no matter of humour. IHow would you feel not being allowed to go to the toilet without supervision? People watching you while you take a shit to make sure you don't strangle yourself? You need to adjust your sense of humour.
You need to lighten up a bit.

Spafranco
3rd December 2014, 23:47

I have to agree with Airshifter and the other poster. Inappropriate and certainly not humorous in anyway. I personally have lost two nephews and a cousin to this horrific act. Add to that my wife finding her own sister. No drugs involved in any of the cases. One was the twin sister of the first cousin. She died a year after her brother had done the same thing. He was fourth in his class at Med School in the UK and felt he was failing his dad. The poor man was extremely proud and happy that he was doing so well and was never one to push his desires of career in the faces of these poor young people.

I know you did not do this to hurt anyone but there are many out there that have similar or worse stories than mine.

As for Helio, I really never heard him speak of football. I did hear Tony Kanaan. Boy, they got themselves a hiding. Shame, since it was in their own country.