PDA

View Full Version : Coates Hire WRC Rally Australia 2014 11th-14th Sept

Pages : [1] 2 3

noel157
28th August 2014, 10:34
Thanks to KiwiWRCfan for posting entry list:

http://d2t24n70pdbj8s.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/Rally-Australia-WRC-Entry-List.pdf

journeyman racer
28th August 2014, 11:27
The worst part about this event for an Australian, is that it comes and goes without any presence in the media :o I was intending to go this year. But it's become inconvenient. Not sure if Australia really deserves a WRC round, tbh.

janvanvurpa
28th August 2014, 19:12
30 entries? Is that all? Is there any Aus National classes run same days?

arko5
28th August 2014, 21:09
I've heard that Mikkelsen will not start in Australia.

rage82
28th August 2014, 21:22
Why is that?

Zeakiwi
29th August 2014, 05:34

Rally Australia is also round 5 of the Australian Rally Championship. www.rally.com.au

In the WRC event there are 10 Australian drivers listed in fia wrc legal cars, many places outside Europe would have difficulty matching that number.

KiwiWRCfan
29th August 2014, 07:37

Mikkelsen was not on Manufacturer entry list that was originally released over a week ago, this will have caused possible confusion.

Mikkelsen will be in Ausratalia and talked about being in OZ when he was interviewed by Becs Williams during ADAC last week.

KiwiWRCfan
29th August 2014, 07:40

Here are the entries in the other classes http://www.rally.com.au/images/stories/2014_Rally_Aust_National_Entry_List_final.pdf

raybak
29th August 2014, 08:17
We are car 92 in the Australian part of the field in an unrestricted EVO 9. Not a bad field for the Aussies but the majority are from NSW/ACT.

Ray

makinen_fan
29th August 2014, 09:44
Is the driver of No 75 Fiesta (Razvan Vlad) still posting here? We met through this forum some time ago... it's nice to see he competes regularly now!

raybak
29th August 2014, 10:47
Not sure if Raz is still on here, he competes quite a bit, recently winning the Modern Challenge category at Targa West. He is quite a quick driver in whatever he drives. Used to run a Charade GTti like I have.

Ray

MAXYrally
29th August 2014, 12:06
Is the driver of No 75 Fiesta (Razvan Vlad) still posting here? We met through this forum some time ago... it's nice to see he competes regularly now!

Yes, I'm still here - best place to keep up to date with what happens when a WRC round is on!

I have been competing regularly for the past few years, but mainly doing the events in Western Australia and the WRC round once a year. The trip across to the East coast is nearly 4500km (one way) so it is not something we can do very often, but as long as Australia has a WRC round and I have an FIA car we'll be there.

GigiGalliNo1
30th August 2014, 11:17
Yes, I'm still here - best place to keep up to date with what happens when a WRC round is on!

I have been competing regularly for the past few years, but mainly doing the events in Western Australia and the WRC round once a year. The trip across to the East coast is nearly 4500km (one way) so it is not something we can do very often, but as long as Australia has a WRC round and I have an FIA car we'll be there.

I'm from Perth!!

wildboar
1st September 2014, 12:56
A lesson in PR-speak from wrc.com:

Strong Australia entry confirmed: Seventy-nine crews will tackle the next round of the FIA World Rally Championship, Coates Hire Rally Australia, between 11th & 14th of September.

http://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/august/australia-entry-list/page/1721--12-12-.html
Oh great! 79 crews, that's lot! Let's look at the entry list: indeed, the numbers go all the way to 79. But wait, let's count: there are only 30 crews on the list.... so what happend to the other 49? :)

rallyfiend
1st September 2014, 13:24

http://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/august/australia-entry-list/page/1721--12-12-.html
Oh great! 79 crews, that's lot! Let's look at the entry list: indeed, the numbers go all the way to 79. But wait, let's count: there are only 30 crews on the list.... so what happend to the other 49? :)

Here's the full entry list...

http://www.rally.com.au/images/stories/RA_Complete_Entry_List.pdf

wildboar
1st September 2014, 13:27
Here's the full entry list...

Yes, yes, I could also guess that the other 49 crews are starting in the national events. But it is boderline dishonest to claim that 30 crews is a "strong entry" and then trying to hide it by just counting the national entries as well.

Doon
1st September 2014, 14:03

WRC.com hitting new lows buy manipulating figures to make the event look popular! 79 crews my a*se!

rallyfiend
1st September 2014, 14:11
WRC.com hitting new lows buy manipulating figures to make the event look popular! 79 crews my a*se!

What difference does it make? They still do the same itinerary - Australia, like most other non-European countries has moved to a national championship tech regs that mean most of the cars CAN'T enter the WRC event, not that they don't want to.

Fast Eddie WRC
2nd September 2014, 23:04
Here’s the schedule for LIVE coverage for Rally Australia 2014 in the UK.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BwjY7NDIQAEt3F_.png:large

J4MIE
3rd September 2014, 00:25
What difference does it make? They still do the same itinerary - Australia, like most other non-European countries has moved to a national championship tech regs that mean most of the cars CAN'T enter the WRC event, not that they don't want to.

What are the car regulations in Australia, I see they allow FIA spec cars, do most not? Too expensive?

raybak
3rd September 2014, 04:30
What are the car regulations in Australia, I see they allow FIA spec cars, do most not? Too expensive?
Australian Championship is 2wd with some in class G2 and the rest running FIA spec. Class G2 is like R3 on steriods, G2 is also allowed in Asia Pacific championship. There are 11 cars in the ARC field who do the same itinery as the WRC field, the rest of us in the National 4wd series and Classics have a bit shorter rally with the 4wd's basically losing a stage each day and the Classics losing half a day each day. This is to combat the issues from last year when the dust problems arose.

Hopefully next year the ARC will have 4wd's back as there have been some very small fields this year with only 2wd allowed. There is talk of NZ and Australia having the same rules which would work out good for both.

I'm hope to do a twitter post regularly during Rally Oz, my twitter name is @raybak101.

Cheers

Ray

janvanvurpa
3rd September 2014, 08:09
We are car 92 in the Australian part of the field in an unrestricted EVO 9. Not a bad field for the Aussies but the majority are from NSW/ACT.

Ray

Howzat working with the unrestricted cars down there? Have you guys killed hundreds of speccies and the notorious Oz Press been sneaky and covered it all up?
I've pointed out several times to the various "Technical Ex-spurts" here in USA and Canada about the study way back when the federation realsied the who FIA N4 thing was stupid expensive and the back to back tests showing virtually no difference tween the "full GpN car with FIA fuel" and the no restrictor but 98 RON pump petrol

I mean in light of the 30 car entry, and the similar numbers in many places its clear something is up and I reckon its just too dear for most humans taste, only "1% ers", so when you guys implemented the "no restrictor but pump fuel" I thought there was a ray of sunshine for once somewhere in the world..

So hows that go? And hows the car feel...?

And did everybody faint when the Federation did something that made sense?

Zeakiwi
4th September 2014, 04:15
There have been a few 'closed road' motorsport deaths and serious injuries in recent years in the Australasia area. It has usually been more about trees, power poles and other roadside obstacles impacting the vehicle when the vehicle has left the road. - turbo engine and non turbo engine.
e.g http://cooberpedyregionaltimes.wordpress.com/2012/08/25/tragic-death-of-oodnadatta-roadhouse-owner-in-car-race/
http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/rally-death-on-final-day-of-sunshine-coast-competition-20130714-2pxsq.html
http://tvnz.co.nz/national-news/rally-crash-leaves-driver-amputee-4922503

raybak
4th September 2014, 12:44
Howzat working with the unrestricted cars down there? Have you guys killed hundreds of speccies and the notorious Oz Press been sneaky and covered it all up?
I've pointed out several times to the various "Technical Ex-spurts" here in USA and Canada about the study way back when the federation realsied the who FIA N4 thing was stupid expensive and the back to back tests showing virtually no difference tween the "full GpN car with FIA fuel" and the no restrictor but 98 RON pump petrol

I mean in light of the 30 car entry, and the similar numbers in many places its clear something is up and I reckon its just too dear for most humans taste, only "1% ers", so when you guys implemented the "no restrictor but pump fuel" I thought there was a ray of sunshine for once somewhere in the world..

So hows that go? And hows the car feel...?

And did everybody faint when the Federation did something that made sense?

Yes the unrestricted cars a are a bit faster, but you chew through more tyres. They are much more fun though. Stage times haven't really changed too much. We found in the Evo 5 that we would chew out front left tyres very quickly even with different setups, not so in the Evo 9 with all the electronics.

The big thing for me is that my mate who has a standard road evo 6 now can't say why is this rally car slower than my road car. To the general public they think it's crazy that we go and restrict a car and then spend $$$$ to get it back to where it was.

The days of big FIA spec cars are changing, they are just too dear for the performance you get. I know my 23yr old Daihatsu Charade GTti which is worth $5000 is as quick as a DS3 R3T on gravel, this is because of the weight advantage and no restrictor on the turbo.

Anyway while on here, our team release -

“Busy weeks ahead for the Fibertech Rally team”

The next three weeks is going to be very busy for the Fibertech team, with driver Gerald Schofield and Codriver Ray Baker participating in both the World Rally Championship event at Coffs Harbour and following straight into the Australasian Safari in Western Australia.

The duo will be campaigning the Mitsubishi Evo 9 in the 4wd National series at Coffs Harbour, trying to gain back a few points after a DNF in Rally QLD. The car has been thoroughly gone over by the team engineer Scott Preston and is in top shape to take on the fantastic roads around Coffs Harbour. Schofield and Baker will be aiming to fight for position with Mike Bailey and Matt Harriot who they have had some good battles in the past. Hopefully with a good finish at the event the Championship will still be alive going into Rally Victoria.

The following week the now V8 engined Dmax will be fighting it out through the outback of Western Australia, Schofield and Baker had a 7th place finish last year in the Safari and are looking at a good result this year. The team shookdown the new engine a few ago and were quite impressed with newfound speed. “The Australasian Safari is a tough event, you need to have your wits about you all times” said Baker, “you may have 10km between calls but you are reading the road, making sure that you are actually on the right track. It can be very easy to wrong road and lose 30 mins or so in the process."

During the WRC and when we have phone reception in Safari we will be active on Twitter with stage and event updates, follow us @raybak101 or you can check out our facebook page, Fibertech Medical Australia Rally Team.

Ray

4th September 2014, 13:27
Hopefully it is dry for the event - make it easier to get around.

janvanvurpa
4th September 2014, 20:16
Yes the unrestricted cars a are a bit faster, but you chew through more tyres. They are much more fun though. Stage times haven't really changed too much. We found in the Evo 5 that we would chew out front left tyres very quickly even with different setups, not so in the Evo 9 with all the electronics.

The big thing for me is that my mate who has a standard road evo 6 now can't say why is this rally car slower than my road car. To the general public they think it's crazy that we go and restrict a car and then spend $$$$ to get it back to where it was.

The days of big FIA spec cars are changing, they are just too dear for the performance you get. I know my 23yr old Daihatsu Charade GTti which is worth $5000 is as quick as a DS3 R3T on gravel, this is because of the weight advantage and no restrictor on the turbo.

Ray

So I guess you Aussie know sumpin we don't up here...humans can drive 2 liter rally cars in the woods without restrictors and not massacre hundreds of speccies, not mow 'em down like picket fences..
Amazing...
See up here they say we have to ape after FIA 34, 32, 33mm stuff cause "it slows the cars down" and "what would our defence be in a court when somebody is killed and they show we were not following "Best Practices?"

Oh what I'd give to get you and some of your class mates to visit our little forum and tell us in all the gruesome detail of the Battle of the Restrictors, and how truth, justice and the Australian Way of Life triumphed..

That is when you've recovered from your coming adventures.
Good luck. Shiny side up, eh!

GigiGalliNo1
5th September 2014, 16:18
Rain for rally aus!! :d

bluuford
5th September 2014, 20:18
Rain for rally aus!! :d

Current long-term prognosis are telling that the whole rally will be completely dry. Sometimes without any wind and sometimes pretty cold in the morning.. +5..+6 degrees. Still long time to go

litifeta
6th September 2014, 03:20
@janvanvurpa. What most people fail to understand is that Australia in geographic size is as big as the USA. It is however largely a desert island. While New Zealand (nearby) is largely a beautiful green country with a stable rainfall, Oz is a land of droughts and floods. The net effect of the meteorology on the geology is the land under which roads are built in many areas is very hard which decomposes to a surface that is like driving on pathway of glass balls. Yes the European rallies are much technically tougher, the issue with Australia is the road will lull you into a false sense of security. The trees are hardwood and unforgiving. You go off the road at high speed in Australia and generally you die.

raybak
6th September 2014, 10:37
@janvanvurpa. What most people fail to understand is that Australia in geographic size is as big as the USA. It is however largely a desert island. While New Zealand (nearby) is largely a beautiful green country with a stable rainfall, Oz is a land of droughts and floods. The net effect of the meteorology on the geology is the land under which roads are built in many areas is very hard which decomposes to a surface that is like driving on pathway of glass balls. Yes the European rallies are much technically tougher, the issue with Australia is the road will lull you into a false sense of security. The trees are hardwood and unforgiving. You go off the road at high speed in Australia and generally you die.

I don't think the trees in other countries are less forgiving. I have still had some bad hits in Softwood forests. A lot of our rallies especially in ACT/NSW are in softwood forests on logging roads. In the ACT that is all we have to run in. Roads do vary a lot here, from nice flowing coastal roads to fast shire roads like in South Australia.

Yes we had a few deaths last year in Australian Rallying, they were all due to different factors and different drivers skill levels.

Looking forward to being mostly dry for Rally Oz, dust is a major factor at the event, last year on the 48km Nambucca we lost the event stuck in dust, coming to a complete standstill a few times.

I'm going to attempt to livestream the superspecial incar each night, hopefully it will work. Will put the details up here.

Cheers

Ray

Doon
6th September 2014, 12:37
I know my 23yr old Daihatsu Charade GTti which is worth $5000 is as quick as a DS3 R3T on gravel, this is because of the weight advantage and no restrictor on the turbo.

I really, really doubt this! What is the power output and what suspension do you run in a car worth a total of $5K?

raybak
6th September 2014, 16:34
I really, really doubt this! What is the power output and what suspension do you run in a car worth a total of $5K?

Approx 240hp and 900kg. Currently on Bilstein suspension. The worth of the car is what someone would pay for it, but if you added up what it cost to build it's a hell of a lot more than that over the years. The car is very highly developed and is soon to have a sequential box added to it.

Zeakiwi
6th September 2014, 23:12
Approx 240hp and 900kg. Currently on Bilstein suspension. The worth of the car is what someone would pay for it, but if you added up what it cost to build it's a hell of a lot more than that over the years. The car is very highly developed and is soon to have a sequential box added to it.
Can you please let us know how the sequential transmission goes?

janvanvurpa
8th September 2014, 07:19
Can you please let us know how the sequential transmission goes?

I think they mainly go back and forth...

Criterium
9th September 2014, 00:13
After the actors, I propose to disconer the "stage set" of this Rally Australia:
http://i39.servimg.com/u/f39/15/38/23/21/presrv16.jpg

http://www.interactiveinfluence.com/techali/rallyvista/

9th September 2014, 10:51
Heading off to Coffs Harbour tomorrow. I'll endeavour to post daily updates, should be a fantastic event.

GigiGalliNo1
9th September 2014, 13:03
Hyundai's are still in Quarantine.... They might not be out until Thursday!!

GigiGalliNo1
9th September 2014, 13:06

raybak
9th September 2014, 14:25
Day one of Recce today. We did all the Sunday stages, Bucca is just full of humps, some quite sharp. Shipmans has had a new bit added at the end which is crap, used to be nice and flowing now veers off into a goat track then is downhill for the last 5kms with some big drops, will be interesting to see how the brakes go:)

Early start Wednesday with a full day ahead of us. We have to do 60kmh in recce versus the WRC guys can do 80kmh.

Ray

Fast Eddie WRC
9th September 2014, 22:51
Some late nights/early mornings needed to follow live back in Europe ...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BxHjdHCIUAAd5he.png:large

Lundefaret
9th September 2014, 23:52
Day one of Recce today. We did all the Sunday stages, Bucca is just full of humps, some quite sharp. Shipmans has had a new bit added at the end which is crap, used to be nice and flowing now veers off into a goat track then is downhill for the last 5kms with some big drops, will be interesting to see how the brakes go:)

Early start Wednesday with a full day ahead of us. We have to do 60kmh in recce versus the WRC guys can do 80kmh.

Ray

Great info!

raybak
10th September 2014, 07:58
Finished recce except for the Super Special which we do tonight. Stage 1 is new and uses bits of Tuckers Knob from last year, quite rough for 4km then on. Stages 2 and 3 are the same as last year, stage 3 having severe humps/jumps near the major speccy point which there will be some carnage.

Nambucca 4km stage is great except the section after about 29 km where it links in through some real rough private land. Valla stage is very short compared to previous years, still good though and very smooth surface.

Car has been through scrutiny, all good. Shakedown in the morning, then rally show tomorrow night.

Time to go and tidy my notes now.

Ray

litifeta
10th September 2014, 08:43
Good luck Ray. Hope it is fun. Could not make it, stuck in Brisbane with a shocking influenza

GigiGalliNo1
10th September 2014, 13:32
Drove shakedown and four other stages... Oh man it's gonna be a good rally.

Hyundai's in service

litifeta
11th September 2014, 05:29
pic.twitter.com/M8im7HfZB7

noel157
11th September 2014, 09:03
http://www.ewrc.cz/images/2014/australia/shake.jpg

Toyoda
11th September 2014, 09:09
Not bad from Mr Paddon

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

litifeta
11th September 2014, 09:51
Little bit of rain, nothing major. Might be some fog with the variation in temperature.

http://www.bom.gov.au/nsw/forecasts/midnorth.shtml

GigiGalliNo1
11th September 2014, 11:44
ugh... i had a bit of bad luck with stage positioning today and getting snaps... and got hit on the side of my head by a rock! I was way off the stage too...

KiwiWRCfan
11th September 2014, 13:08
Video of today's pre rally media conference http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0In4_QbYoI&feature=youtu.be

dimviii
11th September 2014, 17:25
Hyundai video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=cGQ7qrbgOtc

Citroen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=DirV3M3UOWI

vw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=QNj7Uix6-nI

dimviii
11th September 2014, 17:33
borl video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=5wn1gBNUi3c

http://www.forum-rallye.com/uploads/monthly_09_2014/post-1592-0-12046500-1410423164.jpg
http://www.forum-rallye.com/uploads/monthly_09_2014/post-1592-0-55674500-1410426459.jpg
http://www.forum-rallye.com/uploads/monthly_09_2014/post-1592-0-05043600-1410429246.jpg

dimviii
11th September 2014, 17:38
nice photos from borl
https://www.flickr.com/photos/bestofrallylive/

stefanvv
11th September 2014, 18:05
:D

http://www.volkswagen-motorsport.com/fileadmin/user_upload/Fans_Friends/1%20WRC/Rallye/Australien/Berichterstattung/2014/20140909/PR_Day/886x498px_Rally-Aust-Media-Ops-114.CR2.jpg

Juha_Koo
11th September 2014, 18:45
Where are all the spectators? Couldn't see nearly any spectators in WRC shakedown footage... Or is Australia one of those countries where the majority of spectators visit service park and liason sections (a bit like Japan)...

gorganl2000
11th September 2014, 20:53
Video of today's pre rally media conference http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0In4_QbYoI&feature=youtu.be

somehow i can't hear anything on this clip, but i can see the video
anyone else has this problem?

MartijnS
11th September 2014, 21:13
Where are all the spectators? Couldn't see nearly any spectators in WRC shakedown footage... Or is Australia one of those countries where the majority of spectators visit service park and liason sections (a bit like Japan)...

Very strict spectator management I believe. Not sure though ;)

tommeke_B
11th September 2014, 21:50

https://scontent-a-cdg.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xaf1/t31.0-8/10636532_708956552505598_6513928655490418213_o.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xaf1/t31.0-8/10679741_708957342505519_837071859475584490_o.jpg

https://scontent-a-cdg.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/t31.0-8/10662022_709137909154129_7688280442010811468_o.jpg

Here they are... :)

tommeke_B
11th September 2014, 21:53
:D

http://www.volkswagen-motorsport.com/fileadmin/user_upload/Fans_Friends/1%20WRC/Rallye/Australien/Berichterstattung/2014/20140909/PR_Day/886x498px_Rally-Aust-Media-Ops-114.CR2.jpg

Am I the only one wondering where the hand (holding the snake) comes from? :D

stefanvv
11th September 2014, 22:42
Am I the only one wondering where the hand (holding the snake) comes from? :D

nope:D

dimviii
11th September 2014, 22:55
http://instagram.com/p/syMRHiEfvg/

dimviii
11th September 2014, 22:59
Colins crash lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5l3eW9KgE08

PLuto
11th September 2014, 23:25
Start list to the first leg of Rally Australia - http://rally-base.com/2014/coates-hire-rally-australia-2014/start-list/?startTimeTypeId=487

PLuto
11th September 2014, 23:25
Only 27 crews at the start. And top crews with 3 minutes gaps! Poor spectators...

raybak
11th September 2014, 23:39
Only 27 crews at the start. And top crews with 3 minutes gaps! Poor spectators...

Still us national teams to follow though. Go to rally.com.au to follow us. We are car 92.

PLuto
12th September 2014, 00:19
Yes, there is lot of national cars. But it is primary mistake of FIA, that there must be cars with only national homologation. And big problem for me as a fan (if I should stay at the stage) are three minutes gaps, this is too much to enjoy rallying...

raybak
12th September 2014, 00:41
Very dry here today. Going to be very dusty.

makinen_fan
12th September 2014, 01:04
Is WRC radio working for you guys? (if anyone awake...)

Now is on

Silverbullet050
12th September 2014, 01:07
Just now

jonkka
12th September 2014, 01:25
..and the first split is on!

jonkka
12th September 2014, 01:26
Oh my, how much faster JML is?!?

jonkka
12th September 2014, 01:30
Just a glitch it seems

dominik_r
12th September 2014, 01:41
a little strange times on SS1. Ogier drove off instead of wasting time.

jonkka
12th September 2014, 01:43
Yeah - everyone is complaining about lack of grip

jonkka
12th September 2014, 01:47
Europe seems to be still at sleep? :)

Micke_VOC
12th September 2014, 01:48
Europe seems to be still at sleep? :)

Not everyone =)
Will be awake for first three stages then sleep...

jonkka
12th September 2014, 01:52
Hello Sweden...

arko5
12th September 2014, 02:04
So, after SS1 Ogier is out of the range...

PLuto
12th September 2014, 02:07
I am here also, but it looks like it will be boring again...

dominik_r
12th September 2014, 02:08
It's possible that SS1 was cleaner because of shakedown drove there yesterday.

arko5
12th September 2014, 02:21
On SS2 gaps is not so big :)

dominik_r
12th September 2014, 02:22
Lets wait for Neuville or Meeke...

jonkka
12th September 2014, 02:23
wrc.com results service does not disappoint... it's as bad as usually...

arko5
12th September 2014, 02:27
Mikko is very quick.

makinen_fan
12th September 2014, 02:31
It's possible that SS1 was cleaner because of shakedown drove there yesterday.

at least thats what Meeke said at the end of SS1

dominik_r
12th September 2014, 02:33
Normal road cleaning on SS2. Good split for Meeke :)

dimviii
12th September 2014, 02:34
Meeke faster at 1st split

makinen_fan
12th September 2014, 02:34
Tanak lost 15s in SS1

arko5
12th September 2014, 02:35
Meeke quickest.

jonkka
12th September 2014, 02:42
After SS3 Meeke will be leading, it seems...

noel157
12th September 2014, 02:42
Ostberg a bit slow? Thought he was all excited to be back on gravel.

Edit- he doesn't like bumps apparently and under steered off on SS1.

dominik_r
12th September 2014, 02:52
Meeke will flat out on SS3? Hope he will not push to much..

jonkka
12th September 2014, 02:53
Not even a bit slow, a lot slower if compared to team mate who's about to take the lead. Ostberg is at the other end of the spectrum and I am very surprised at that.

Micke_VOC
12th September 2014, 02:55
Östberg loosing time on first three splits against Ogier, all others taking

dominik_r
12th September 2014, 02:56
Neuville flies :) Nice to see hyundai making top stage times

makinen_fan
12th September 2014, 02:56
Mads sadly continues the trend of the last couple of rallies

makinen_fan
12th September 2014, 02:57
Tanak lost 15s in SS1

Ott Tanak broken front diff SS1 continues two wheel Drive.

noel157
12th September 2014, 02:57
Are the Citroen site splits any quicker?

jonkka
12th September 2014, 02:59
A little faster

makinen_fan
Are the Citroen site splits any quicker?

Yep
http://www.citroenracing.com/en/live-results/?id=7419&idEpr=SS3&typf=split&car=1

noel157
About a car quicker. WRC.com useless as ever.

dominik_r
12th September 2014, 03:01
What's with Evans? Slow splits for him on SS2.

jonkka
12th September 2014, 03:03
Not that much faster on SS3 either

noel157
12th September 2014, 03:04
About a car quicker. WRC.com useless as ever.

More like 2/3 cars quicker.

noel157
12th September 2014, 03:07
Citroen live
S. OGIER 00:02:29.4 00:05:47.5 00:08:31.7 00:11:31.0 14:56 26
J. LATVALA -0.9 -0.1 -2.2 -4.9 14:49 25
A. MIKKELSEN -0.4 -1.2 -3.4 -6.6 14:47 23
M. OSTBERG +1.3 +1.8 +2.0 +1.1 14:57 27
T. NEUVILLE -1.2 -3.4 -4.4 -5.9 14:47 24
M. HIRVONEN -0.6 -2.3 -5.0
E. EVANS +3.7 +6.0 +9.8
K. MEEKE -0.5 -2.7 -5.8
R. KUBICA +1.3
H. PADDON +0.4

WRC.com
. 1 FRAS. OGIER M 00:02:29.4 00:05:47.5 00:08:31.7 00:11:31.0 14:56.7
2. 2 FINJ. LATVALA M -0.9 -0.1 -2.2 -4.9 14:49.6
3. 9 NORA. MIKKELSEN -0.4 -1.2 -3.4 -6.6 14:47.6
4. 4 NORM. OSTBERG M +1.3 +1.8 +2.0 +1.1 14:57.8
5. 7 BELT. NEUVILLE M -1.2 -3.4 -4.4 -5.9 14:47.8
5 FINM. HIRVONEN M -0.6 -2.3 -5.0
6 GBRE. EVANS M +3.7 +6.0 +9.8
3 GBRK. MEEKE M -0.5 -2.7
10 POLR. KUBICA T +1.3
20 NZLH. PADDON T
8 AUSC. ATKINSON M
37 ITAL. BERTELLI WRC2
34 ESTO. TANAK WRC2
32 UKRY. PROTASOV WRC2

jonkka
12th September 2014, 03:08
Ogier seems to drop to 4th...

noel157
12th September 2014, 03:12
Meeke wins and goes into the lead.

makinen_fan
12th September 2014, 03:15
Really nice performance from Kris. Hope he does not bin it this time

J.Lindstroem
12th September 2014, 05:31
This reminds me of the Australian rally 2006 when Chris Atkinson was in the lead after three stages. In 2014 i hope that Kris Meeke kan keep it together and settle his first win.

Lundefaret
12th September 2014, 06:36
Latvala speaking of driving style, and needing to adjust that, instead of set up/technical changes.
This is very positive, and when a fast driver like Latvala has this focus, we should se that translated in good stage times.

Robbo
12th September 2014, 06:37
Away again, suppose our European friends will be tucked up in bed until about the super specials

wwbroe
12th September 2014, 06:43
Ogier fastest trough sofar, beating teammate JML by half a second and Neuville 3,1 seconds

jonkka
12th September 2014, 06:44
Away again, suppose our European friends will be tucked up in bed until about the super specials

Nay, just woke up after 3hrs of sleep. A bit groggy so excuse if I ramble incoherently.

wwbroe
12th September 2014, 06:45
Nay, just woke up after 3hrs of sleep. A bit groggy so excuse if I ramble incoherently.

You're exused if you had only three hours nof sleep.:D

makinen_fan
12th September 2014, 06:47

exactly same here! :p time for strong coffee!

Seb again back on it in this stage.

wwbroe
12th September 2014, 06:49
Meeke liottle bit slower as Ogier ons plit

dimviii
12th September 2014, 06:50
Latvala bleed brakes before ss4
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BxTgQOFCQAAFxUK.jpg:large

jonkka
12th September 2014, 06:51
With a can of Castrol... :)

wwbroe
12th September 2014, 06:52
Meeke is loosing 3,7 seconds compared to Ogier

jonkka
I also see that Michelin prints Michelin Man on the tyres thesedays, not just Michelin name...

makinen_fan
Mads "Time not so good but an improvement from this morning, we had a problem with the rear diff, better."

Even Elfyn is faster than him here... he is the disappointment of the rally so far

Mk2 RS2000
12th September 2014, 06:53
Just imagine what us Kiwi's go through following WRC and F1 live tv broadcasts

wwbroe
12th September 2014, 06:55
Also Kubica is faster then Mads

jonkka
12th September 2014, 06:56
Just imagine what us Kiwi's go through following WRC and F1 live tv broadcasts

F1 sure is an agony.

wwbroe
12th September 2014, 07:02
Really disappointed by Atkinson as well, i expected him faster on home soil.

jonkka
12th September 2014, 07:03
Atko must have a persistent problem of some kind, he can't be that slow solely on driving

Robbo
12th September 2014, 07:04
Agree, shows just how much Hayden is improving. But I am biased

wwbroe
12th September 2014, 07:10
Agree, shows just how much Hayden is improving. But I am biased

I intend to agree with you, Haydon is really on good pace, as he was the previous rally's he did. We don't have to forget that he didn't have that many rally's in WRC car. He surely deserves more opportunities to show his pace.

wwbroe
12th September 2014, 07:15
Bellingen II will go live in about a minute

wwbroe
12th September 2014, 07:17
What happened with Ott Tanak that he is so far behind in overall classification?:(

makinen_fan
12th September 2014, 07:20
What happened with Ott Tanak that he is so far behind in overall classification?:(

Front diff problem, he was RWD all the way so far. SS4 he is back on top of WRC2

wwbroe
12th September 2014, 07:23
Ogier is trough in 6.16.4, about 10 sec faster as Meeke in first run

wwbroe
12th September 2014, 07:24
Front diff problem, he was RWD all the way so far. SS4 he is back on top of WRC2

Ok, thanks for the info;)

wwbroe
12th September 2014, 07:26
JML is faster: 6.15.9

dimviii
12th September 2014, 07:27
SS4 Atkinson sets 6 minutes 33.4secs "I had a good rhythm in there and was happy with pace...."

wwbroe
12th September 2014, 07:29
SS4 Atkinson sets 6 minutes 33.4secs "I had a good rhythm in there and was happy with pace...."
But unfortunally you don't see that in the time......

wwbroe
12th September 2014, 07:30
Mads is slow on splits again

wwbroe
12th September 2014, 07:35
Neuville stopped?

dimviii
12th September 2014, 07:36
http://www.forum-rallye.com/uploads/monthly_09_2014/post-4664-0-11837300-1410501159.png
http://img4.hostingpics.net/pics/703374BxKGwPeCcAAGuzKjpglarge.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BxTnFZXIQAAjF11.jpg

wwbroe
12th September 2014, 07:36
Apparently broken rear suspension for Thierry

wwbroe
12th September 2014, 07:37
Neuville is loosing about two minutes on the stage

Robbo
12th September 2014, 07:37
Very slow at first split...

Robbo
12th September 2014, 07:45
Neville has a long way to go with damaged car. Let's hope he can do some repairs before next stage

wwbroe
12th September 2014, 07:51
JML about a second slower as Ogier on first split on the long one.

litifeta
12th September 2014, 07:51
Speaking of Australia, I have one of these nesting in the park behind my house. Very cute to start with, but a little annoying at 4am since he has decided he is a train, a plane, a car siren, earth moving equipment, and likes to make sneezing sounds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeQjkQpeJwY

wwbroe
12th September 2014, 07:54
Ogier on a charge, now 1,4 sec faster on second split

wwbroe
12th September 2014, 07:57
JML is striking back, only 0.3 of the pace on split 3

wwbroe
12th September 2014, 08:00
Ogier is trough in 14.23.8, wich is 23 sec faster as Meeke in first run, very clear that road is much cleaner now.

wwbroe
12th September 2014, 08:00
JML faster by 0.7 sec on last split

wwbroe
12th September 2014, 08:01
Neuville started on time on long stage, wonder if he could do some repairs?

wwbroe
12th September 2014, 08:02
Neuville stopped in stage again now?

Edit: he is moving again, so false alarm

wwbroe
12th September 2014, 08:03
JML is trough, 1.1 sec faster as Seb

jonkka
12th September 2014, 08:03
Hopefully Neuville or his dust won't disadvantage Mikko

jonkka
12th September 2014, 08:04
Judging by Neuville's first split he's done remarkable repairs :eek:

Robbo
12th September 2014, 08:06
That is some catch up by JML

wwbroe
12th September 2014, 08:06
Judging by Neuville's first split he's done remarkable repairs :eek:

Yes, it is quite incredible, so he fixed the broken suspension?

jonkka
12th September 2014, 08:09
Looks that way, yeah

makinen_fan
12th September 2014, 08:10
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BxT7vNxCYAA1sDR.jpg

wwbroe
12th September 2014, 08:12
Third time for Thierry, what a repair he did!!

Robbo
12th September 2014, 08:14
Thierry showing he can drive a less than perfect car, important abilities

wwbroe
12th September 2014, 08:17
Meeke looking good on splits

wwbroe
12th September 2014, 08:19
Ostberg is saying that rythm in good, but times are not, so he wants his engineer to tell him what is going on...

jonkka
12th September 2014, 08:20
Meeke looking good on splits

Yeah, he may keep his lead...

wwbroe
12th September 2014, 08:21
Meeke trough, thrid fastest at 14.24.2

wwbroe
12th September 2014, 08:22
Keeping his lead, with Latvalla second and Ogier third

RallyNZ
12th September 2014, 08:45
Looks like VW made some pretty handy setup changes at service.

Maui J.
12th September 2014, 08:50
Great to be following (and listening) to a WRC rally at a normal time of the day!
Go Hayden!!!

makinen_fan
12th September 2014, 08:51
Surprisingly good performance from Yazeed here

Doon
12th September 2014, 08:53
Ostberg is saying that rythm in good, but times are not, so he wants his engineer to tell him what is going on...

He doesn't need an engineer to tell him what's going on.....

Doon
12th September 2014, 08:54
Looks like VW made some pretty handy setup changes at service.

I imagine the increase in pace is due to the stage having been swept.

RallyNZ
12th September 2014, 08:58
Good point. And I can't even blame 3hrs sleep on that over sight.

Robbo
12th September 2014, 09:02
Bit of a wait now. Time to catch up on tonight's rugby games

andyone
12th September 2014, 09:07
Keeping his lead, with Latvalla second and Ogier third

that could easily lead to a crash

Fast Eddie WRC
12th September 2014, 09:18
Good times by Meeke again in this rally, but JML & Ogier are coming strong now the stages are cleaner..

Hope Meeke just stays with them.

wwbroe
12th September 2014, 09:19
that could easily lead to a crash

All three of them ??:D Like in Germany....

wwbroe
12th September 2014, 09:20
What is the reason Atko is loosing 1,5 minutes on last stage?

stefanvv
12th September 2014, 09:27

SS6: Atko in the wars
He loses another 1m29s to the leaders. "We had to take it easy in there. There's a strange feeling in the rear, something’s not right and at the front the sump guard is still hanging down because we haven't had the time to put it back on."

noel157
12th September 2014, 09:29

He said at stage end that something was moving at the back of the car so didn't take any risks.

wwbroe
12th September 2014, 09:46
Thank you guys for the info;)

Robbo
12th September 2014, 09:55
Apparently Hayden complaining of loose brake pedal and lots of warning lights distracted him in last stage. Hope nothing serious

litifeta
12th September 2014, 10:26
Just watched Meeke WRC + onboards. He has balls.

wwbroe
12th September 2014, 10:26
Spectator stage is going live, let's see if Meeke can keep his lead.

litifeta
12th September 2014, 10:27
live where? not on wrc +

wwbroe
12th September 2014, 10:29
Atkinson running first and trough in 1.41.5

wwbroe
12th September 2014, 10:30
live where? not on wrc +

Yes, it is, at least on my screen:p

wwbroe
12th September 2014, 10:31
Paddon 1.39.9

litifeta
12th September 2014, 10:31
Yes, it is, at least on my screen:p what maps? got no streaming

wwbroe
12th September 2014, 10:32
what maps? got no streaming
On live-maps it is showing on my pc

wwbroe
12th September 2014, 10:33
Atkinson now on second run trough the stage

wwbroe
12th September 2014, 10:35
Atkinson 1.39.4 in second run

wwbroe
12th September 2014, 10:38
Kubica 1.40.7 in first run

wwbroe
12th September 2014, 10:39
Meeke now in first run trough

wwbroe
12th September 2014, 10:40
Meeke 1.40.6 first run

wwbroe
12th September 2014, 10:43
Evans 1.42.0 first run

wwbroe
12th September 2014, 10:43
Paddon 1.38.5 second run

wwbroe
12th September 2014, 10:45
Kubica 1.38.9 second run

wwbroe
12th September 2014, 10:46
Meeke 1.38.9 second run

wwbroe
12th September 2014, 10:48
Evans 1.40.2 second run

wwbroe
12th September 2014, 10:51
Hirvonen 1.39.8, besttime on first run

wwbroe
12th September 2014, 10:52
Neuville 1.40.2 first run

wwbroe
12th September 2014, 10:55
Ostberg 1.40.6 first run

thuGG
12th September 2014, 10:55
Why do you posting this? There is live timing (sort of).

wwbroe
12th September 2014, 10:57
Hirvonen 1.137.9, fastest trough sofar in second run

wwbroe
12th September 2014, 10:57
Why do you posting this? There is live timing (sort of).

Ok, i tought it didn't show on screen, i will stop then:)

wwbroe
12th September 2014, 11:05
Latvalla more then 3 sec faster as Meeke on first run, taking the lead now

Robbo
12th September 2014, 11:06
Thanks for the times, were certainly faster that WRC.COM. I appreciated them

wwbroe
12th September 2014, 11:07
Ogier another 0.1 faster as JML; really close fighting now.

wwbroe
12th September 2014, 11:09
We could very well see a VW 1,2,3 after these two spectator stages:(

Mk2 RS2000
12th September 2014, 11:09
Thanks for the times, were certainly faster that WRC.COM. I appreciated them

http://www.citroenracing.com/en/live-results/?id=7419&idEpr=SS8&typf=both

Citroen are quicker with results Robbo

wwbroe
12th September 2014, 11:10
Mikkelsen is indeed past Chris Meeke in overall standings

wwbroe
12th September 2014, 11:11
http://www.citroenracing.com/en/live-results/?id=7419&idEpr=SS8&typf=both

Citroen are quicker with results Robbo

They sure are, but no tenths of seconds over there

wwbroe
12th September 2014, 11:12
So, it will be VW 1,2,3 but in what order?

EightGear
12th September 2014, 11:12
Meeke losing 6 seconds to Mikkelsen on 3 KMs.

wwbroe
12th September 2014, 11:13
It is Ogier? Latvalla , Mikkelsen overall !!!

MEGASinK
12th September 2014, 11:24
few videos. but sorry for not good quality
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLmUycCoEV1x0nKLoKmcL-sLcBVceRkYAC

N.O.T
12th September 2014, 12:18
Nice pace by paddon, otherwise no big surprises.

litifeta
12th September 2014, 12:33
Saturday 13 September
Cloudy. Patchy fog early in the morning, chiefly on the ranges. Scattered showers. Isolated thunderstorms inland during the afternoon and evening. Light winds. Overnight temperatures falling to between 8 and 13 with daytime temperatures reaching between 16 and 22.

focus206
12th September 2014, 12:52
glad to see also Mikko managing to don't lose much after first day :) first 5 crews in 8 seconds, huge gap after them

Rally Hokkaido
12th September 2014, 12:56
Saturday 13 September
Cloudy. Patchy fog early in the morning, chiefly on the ranges. Scattered showers. Isolated thunderstorms inland during the afternoon and evening. Light winds. Overnight temperatures falling to between 8 and 13 with daytime temperatures reaching between 16 and 22.

It looks like a storm has just passed through the Service Park.

raybak
12th September 2014, 14:08
Had a storm hit about 15 mins before our first run of the super special. It was like being on ice but with rain pelting down. We weren't too quick but made it and are in 5th in 4wd after day 1.

Looking forward to the Shire roads tomorrow.

Ray

dimviii
12th September 2014, 16:33
http://www.forum-rallye.com/uploads/monthly_09_2014/post-2088-0-25983900-1410532334.jpg

Fast Eddie WRC
12th September 2014, 17:14
Good to see Meeke on the pace again after his Germany disappointment.

Shame he lost some time on the last two stages, but at least he's still last on the road on tomorrow's loop due to the positions being taken after SS6...

It would be great if he could stay with the VW's right to the end.

Eli
12th September 2014, 17:44
Good to see Meeke on the pace again after his Germany disappointment.

Shame he lost some time on the last two stages, but at least he's still last on the road on tomorrow's loop due to the positions being taken after SS6...

It would be great if he could stay with the VW's right to the end.

and this time after the finish line please ;)

Gregor-y
12th September 2014, 18:20
Granted it's only day one but Hirvonen eight seconds off the lead is nice. Kubica within a minute of the lead is good, too, for now...

Eli
12th September 2014, 19:17
Granted it's only day one but Hirvonen eight seconds off the lead is nice. Kubica within a minute of the lead is good, too, for now...

is it the first time he didn't crash on the first day on a gravel rally?

skarderud
12th September 2014, 23:00
Østberg says in a newsclip that he had slightly too hard setup, thats the reason he couldnt commit and looses time.
Isn't that a bit to common mistake to do?

Fast Eddie WRC
12th September 2014, 23:01
Driver interviews and cars being prepped on the live stream now :)

http://www.wrc.com/live-ticker/live_popup_stream.html

Fast Eddie WRC
12th September 2014, 23:12
Wet and muddy at the SP this morning ...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BxXKM7MCQAA7FDb.jpg

dominik_r
12th September 2014, 23:12
puddles in service area :) anyone know if stages are wet?

wwbroe
13th September 2014, 00:09
Just had a look at day 1 highlights, looks like some incredible nice stages. Like the video i must say.;)
Don't have any idea about the weather for the moment?

dimviii
13th September 2014, 00:09
The Pole is about 8km from the start of Nabucca but has radioed in a gear shift problem. M-Sport are talking him through a temporary fix. Sounds like a different, and less serious, problem than the one that took him out of Rallye Deustchand

wwbroe
13th September 2014, 00:12
They will soon kick of into day 2, starting with the monster stage of nearly 50kms. Could give quite big differences after this one.

wwbroe
13th September 2014, 00:14
Atkinson first on the road, he will kick of now

dimviii
13th September 2014, 00:19
start list

http://img4.hostingpics.net/pics/9430148711.jpg

wwbroe
13th September 2014, 00:19
Looks like Kubica will make it in time to start of stage, i don't know if he is in manual gear changing mode tough.

dimviii
13th September 2014, 00:26
Atko and Neuville already at citroen splits
http://www.citroenracing.com/live-results?id=7288&idEpr=SS9&typf=split&car=1

wwbroe
13th September 2014, 00:28
Atko and Neuville already at citroen splits
http://www.citroenracing.com/live-results?id=7288&idEpr=SS9&typf=split&car=1

Yes, i have seen it, for the moment Neuville quicker, but Evans on par with him on first split.

wwbroe
13th September 2014, 00:30
Evans quickest on second split sofar

jonkka
13th September 2014, 00:33
Yawn - a little sleep and then little bit of WRC... These midnight rallies sure have a different character to 'em...

wwbroe
13th September 2014, 00:34
Looks like there isn't too much rain in that stage, i mean it hasn't rained much like in service. Clearly times are getting quicker as cars running later on the road.

wwbroe
13th September 2014, 00:37
Ostberg looking way better then yesterday, at least on split times;)

wwbroe
13th September 2014, 00:41
Great opening split for Andreas:eek:

wwbroe
13th September 2014, 00:44
Atkinson is trough

N.O.T
13th September 2014, 00:46
did kubica bin it again ?

wwbroe
13th September 2014, 00:47
Why? He is still moving on the stage