PDA

View Full Version : Talk about anything that's on your mind

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

Rudy Tamasz
21st October 2015, 20:37
My publishing house just released the book that I edited. Oh boy, it did take me some effort and time, over a year. I worked on it at home, at Vienna airport, Washington DC and Kabul. It is a book on the history of Lithuania translated into Belarusian. The idea was to bridge a gap between our small nations, which argue pretty much about everything, and present a Lithuanian point of view to Belarusians. The translator was not an expert on the subject, so I had to check the translation for the accuracy, check all the proper names and terminology, provide comments and polish the language. Probably about a hundred people will be able to appreciate the product, but I still feel satisfaction.

gadjo_dilo
25th October 2015, 08:19
That's great Rudy! Congrats.
I'd buy a copy even if I don't understand the language. It could become one of the hundred books I bought without ever reading them. :s

BTW, I clearly remember that you wrote a book about your country history. Have you published it?

gadjo_dilo
25th October 2015, 09:29
Well, looks like it's my 9000th post on this forum.
I won't celebrate it cos I'm not in the mood for this

Took me 10 years and 9000 posts to realize what a fool I could be.
That's really sad......

http://simplereminders.com/domains/simplereminders.com/uploads/images/blog/unknown-author-black-with-white-text-people-make-time-call-text-4z7b.jpg

:wave:

Rudy Tamasz
1st November 2015, 19:16
That's great Rudy! Congrats.
I'd buy a copy even if I don't understand the language. It could become one of the hundred books I bought without ever reading them. :s

BTW, I clearly remember that you wrote a book about your country history. Have you published it?

Sorry, Gadjo, I only saw your post now. Yes, I wrote that book many, many years ago. If I still have a spare copy at home, I will send you both books, when I am back.

jens
5th November 2015, 15:58
Anyone up to anything interesting? All I seem to be doing lately is working. :p

I like to write absurd stories. So on a wave of creativity. But to be honest - they are sooo damn crazy I just can't share them in public! Lol!

It is more like a test for myself, how insane I can be.:D

steveaki13
5th November 2015, 17:49
I like to write absurd stories. So on a wave of creativity. But to be honest - they are sooo damn crazy I just can't share them in public! Lol!

It is more like a test for myself, how insane I can be.:D
Always dangerous to test how crazy you can be :D

Sent from my GT-I9301I using Tapatalk

airshifter
5th November 2015, 20:02
Always dangerous to test how crazy you can be :D

Even more dangerous if you compete with others.... and often win! :laugh:

Quite a bit on my mind lately. I've recently become unemployed, which naturally ramps up stress levels. But I'm on a fitness kick lately, so that helps keep things in check. For the above reasons I've been less active on here and in other areas as I've found distractions keeping me busy.

But I still enjoy the forum. Lately more Chit Chat than the F1 forum, seems we agree to disagree more easily in here.

And I think we should throw a 9000 post party for a certain poster here. I think the forums would have died at some periods without her!

steveaki13
5th November 2015, 21:14
And I think we should throw a 9000 post party for a certain poster here. I think the forums would have died at some periods without her!

I agree.

Storm
7th November 2015, 01:11
Cheers gadjo, not been around much lately but I am always game for a round of forum beer!

gadjo_dilo
10th November 2015, 20:47
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colectiv_nightclub_fire

Day by day other injured people lose the battle with life. This morning it was #48th turn. He was my neighbour.

R.I.P. Tudor :s :s :s

Is there something more awful than parents losing a son in such terrible incident?

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/10/4f13ea488691a7a84b70cd99327ce4d0.jpg

D-Type
10th November 2015, 21:07
It's always tragic when parents lose a child. The only thing worse is if the parents are somehow culpable, eg a car crash with father driving.
Was he their only son?

gadjo_dilo
10th November 2015, 21:41
They also have a daughter and were a beautiful happy family. They moved in the house next to me a few years ago. We weren't close friends but we used to greet and sometimes I talked with his mother esp. about their cat ( remember Tina?). I knew the boy studied architecture and sang in a rock band. The band repeated in their basement but I never knew the band name. When the fire was announced on TV I instantly thought of his band but then I googled the name of the band that sang on the club and was relieved that his name wasn't among them. Never thought he was a friend of them and even made the video for their single. On weekend I noticed some weird moves at my neighbour's gate but didn't care. Even saw his dad and said hello but he didn't say anything about the incident. The news came today when my brother called me at work saying he thinks that a boy with our neighbour's name died in a hospital in Birmingham. It was like a thunder hit me, I realized it was him and burst in tears. Life is so unfair..... He didn't deserve such suffering, his skin was seriously burnt and so were his respiratory organs. But my biggest concern at the moment is his parents. I wish they'll be strong enough to overcome this. They're probably destroyed after so many days of uncertainty, maybe they hoped that by sending him to UK he'd get a chance.

steveaki13
10th November 2015, 23:34
No. It was a terrible incident.

D-Type
11th November 2015, 20:04
I know I shouldn't offer advice unasked. But I feel with your excellent English could be of great help to your neighbours. I suggest you offer your condolences and offer to act as interpreter/translator if they need any help.

Rudy Tamasz
13th November 2015, 08:03
I'll just pray for them.

I'm sorry to hear about this tragedy. :(

Rollo
14th November 2015, 13:52
Dear ISIS,
If you are responsible for the attacks on Paris, why do you think that anyone in the world is likely to be sympathetic to your cause?

Jag_Warrior
14th November 2015, 22:25
They're not at all concerned with who sympathizes with them. You either agree with their point of view or you lose your head... literally. One would think that any "club" that requires you to be willing to strap on a bomb filled vest wouldn't have many members. But oddly enough, a good many people travel great distances to join up. And for those with radical views, what happened in Paris will likely be a very effective recruitment tool.

Crazy world...

Starter
16th November 2015, 02:16
They're not at all concerned with who sympathizes with them. You either agree with their point of view or you lose your head... literally. One would think that any "club" that requires you to be willing to strap on a bomb filled vest wouldn't have many members. But oddly enough, a good many people travel great distances to join up. And for those with radical views, what happened in Paris will likely be a very effective recruitment tool.

Crazy world...
There's only one solution to that kind of fanaticism. Send the free world's armies in and kill them all. No prisoners.

anfield5
16th November 2015, 19:45
There's only one solution to that kind of fanaticism. Send the free world's armies in and kill them all. No prisoners.

I am usually totally against this sort of action as a response, but I kind of agree Starter. These are not people, they are rabid dogs and cowards. The leaders hide in holes half a world away and have other misdirected, brainwashed plebs do their bidding. The sooner the world is free of them the better.

To the people of Paris. Stay strong the World is with you.

anfield5
16th November 2015, 19:46
On a different note (and seemingly unimportant compared with above) Final exams start today...HURRAY!

Starter
17th November 2015, 00:01
On a different note (and seemingly unimportant compared with above) Final exams start today...HURRAY!
Final exams always seem pretty important if you happen to be the one sweating them. ;) :)

anfield5
17th November 2015, 00:20
Final exams always seem pretty important if you happen to be the one sweating them. ;) :)

True, but in the scheme of the world who knows?.

Finished my Marketing exam, nothing in it I wasn't expecting - will be annoyed with myself if I get below 85%. Each paper has 3 assessments, a two hour test a major assignment and a final. Going in I already had 52% of my final mark i.e. 52/60 with the final being worth 40%. Som I was lucky enough to go in with no stress to worry about. Time will tell.

Starter
17th November 2015, 03:54
True, but in the scheme of the world who knows?.

Finished my Marketing exam, nothing in it I wasn't expecting - will be annoyed with myself if I get below 85%. Each paper has 3 assessments, a two hour test a major assignment and a final. Going in I already had 52% of my final mark i.e. 52/60 with the final being worth 40%. Som I was lucky enough to go in with no stress to worry about. Time will tell.
Good for you!

Rollo
2nd December 2015, 23:17
Those damned 'good' guys with guns have let America down for the 294th time in 2015. If only someone in America had guns.
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants and especially school children as often as possible.

Updated:
Those damned 'good' guys with guns have let America down for the 360th time in 2015. If only someone in America had guns.
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants and especially disabled children and senior citizens as often as possible.

Starter
2nd December 2015, 23:31
Updated:
Those damned 'good' guys with guns have let America down for the 360th time in 2015. If only someone in America had guns.
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants and especially disabled children and senior citizens as often as possible.
Getting rid of disabled children and senior citizens saves a TON of tax money for social welfare programs.

Rollo
2nd December 2015, 23:40
Granted.
But you also end up paying for the "privilege" in a roundabout way through increased health care premiums.

I paid A$1819 (USD1328) for two people this financial year for full coverage. That's less than a quarter of the US average of $2823.24 per person.

gadjo_dilo
31st December 2015, 22:31
Last minutes of 2015, probably the saddest year of my life. I want to thank to all those who stood by me in this period and wish you a happy new year.

To those whom I was wrong I ask forgiveness.
To those whom I have been helpful, I wish I could have done more.
To those whom I neglected, I ask understanding.
To those who helped me I thank from my soul.

:kiss: :wave:

steveaki13
1st January 2016, 10:07
Last minutes of 2015, probably the saddest year of my life. I want to thank to all those who stood by me in this period and wish you a happy new year.

:wave:

jens
2nd January 2016, 15:21

:)

Mm, saddest? Perhaps... 2016 will be slightly less sad!
Will it be?
Perhaps!
In my mind it is already right now slightly less sad than before, dear gadjo! :)

gadjo_dilo
2nd January 2016, 16:45
No, Jens. For me 2016 will be worse.
Matter of fact it already started the wrong way.
But I've learned to survive, I'm stronger than I ever thought.
"Stubborn machedoanca" as my coworkers would say.....:p

Storm
2nd January 2016, 23:51
Let's all hope for a better 2016 gadjo..

D-Type
4th January 2016, 17:10
Let's all hope for a better 2016 gadjo..
Seconded

jens
5th January 2016, 13:53
No, Jens. For me 2016 will be worse.
Matter of fact it already started the wrong way.
But I've learned to survive, I'm stronger than I ever thought.
"Stubborn machedoanca" as my coworkers would say.....:p

Ability to survive is a very good and valuable skill! So in my view that's a big positive already :)

rjbetty
20th January 2016, 06:17
Hi guys and girl(s?), just wanted to drop by having been away a few months. A lot has been happening. But reading some previous pages, I think I'm guilty of feeling a bad situation is just the absolute pits and I forget other people are suffering and far worse...

Ability to survive is a very good and valuable skill! So in my view that's a big positive already :) Yes I have to agree, it's a very underrated skill I think. Sometimes it's no longer about pushing the envelope but simply holding firm to what you have, and remaining. That Rocky quote that it's not about the winning, it's about how much you can take and keep walking, I think about that a lot.

Jens I have (re)seen the PM you sent ages ago, it finally clicked I hadn't responded - now fixed.

:kiss: :wave: I wish I was this kind... :)

Most of us have a kid inside ourselves but aren't tough enough to admit it. That kid in you is the one that make you smile ( in all pictures :). ), enjoy even the small things ( like flowers ) and believe that any of us has a good side even if we don't show it.
I SO agree. I think this is more important than can be understood sometimes. I know I could do with rediscovering my inner child to be honest.

Quite a bit on my mind lately. I've recently become unemployed, which naturally ramps up stress levels. But I'm on a fitness kick lately, so that helps keep things in check. For the above reasons I've been less active on here and in other areas as I've found distractions keeping me busy.

But I still enjoy the forum. Lately more Chit Chat than the F1 forum, seems we agree to disagree more easily in here.
Airshifter I'm sorry to hear that. Having been out of work for almost 4 years I can understand how it is, but big thumbs up for the fitness, and for doing something. I was out cycling almost every day while not working, averaging 100 miles or more a week usually (can't believe I used to do that now lol!), so I ended up getting pretty fit.

So yeah struggling with poor health these days, I can end up feeling a bit more sorry for myself than I should... I actually collapsed at work Monday night, well not properly, I didn't actually faint, just kinda slumped to the floor. I was actually pretty touched by how kind my colleagues were to me, even though they needed me for the night shift, and they sent me home. I managed to drive back in the end but took an hour and a half to get out of the car. Last time something similar happened but much milder I was made fun of for being lazy and sleeping. As for this forum, I have decided to pretty much leave as having thought about it I'm not sure I want to follow F1 or anything anymore, instead needing to concentrate on my own development and life. I will be 32 next month, and am highly anxious that I don't seem to have achieved anything with my life, or look like anywhere near doing so soon. I no longer feel F1 contributes anything worthwhile to my life, so it is a case of priorities as time is short. Formula 1 does not for me hold the magic and beauty it did when I fell in love with the sport years ago.

I've also been disheartened by what I'd say is the quality of my posts having steadily degraded over time. Having found I also don't currently have the capacity to function properly in a meaningful relationship, I have studied much online and realised I have covert narcissistic personality disorder, which is a horrible truth to face. It ends up having a huge effect on others too.

In fact, I would even urge anyone unaware of this to look it up, to see how you can be so affected and mistreated by people with narcissistic personality disorder and it's subtypes. Here is an example of one of the many videos of youtube on the subject. They really should teach this in schools I think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WVLZXLyO-M

gadjo_dilo
20th January 2016, 12:37
I have studied much online and realised I have covert narcissistic personality disorder, which is a horrible truth to face. It ends up having a huge effect on others too.
In fact, I would even urge anyone unaware of this to look it up, to see how you can be so affected and mistreated by people with narcissistic personality disorder and it's subtypes. Here is an example of one of the many videos of youtube on the subject. They really should teach this in schools I think.

Ha! If I take after what I read online I'll have all diseases in the world ( plus a few more that haven't been invented yet ). :p

I will be 32 next month, and am highly anxious that I don't seem to have achieved anything with my life, or look like anywhere near doing so soon.

You're still young and have plenty of time to achieve ( what? ). What is really important is to stay healthy so try to investigate what's wrong with your body.

As for this forum, I have decided to pretty much leave as having thought about it I'm not sure I want to follow F1 or anything anymore, instead needing to concentrate on my own development and life. I will be 32 next month, and am highly anxious that I don't seem to have achieved anything with my life, or look like anywhere near doing so soon. I no longer feel F1 contributes anything worthwhile to my life, so it is a case of priorities as time is short. Formula 1 does not for me hold the magic and beauty it did when I fell in love with the sport years ago.

Yeah, the forums have become a total boredom. Not because the sports lost their magic but cos the apathy of the forumers hypocritically hidden behind of a being busy excuse. :devil: :p

airshifter
21st January 2016, 06:37
I SO agree. I think this is more important than can be understood sometimes. I know I could do with rediscovering my inner child to be honest.

Airshifter I'm sorry to hear that. Having been out of work for almost 4 years I can understand how it is, but big thumbs up for the fitness, and for doing something. I was out cycling almost every day while not working, averaging 100 miles or more a week usually (can't believe I used to do that now lol!), so I ended up getting pretty fit.

So yeah struggling with poor health these days, I can end up feeling a bit more sorry for myself than I should... I actually collapsed at work Monday night, well not properly, I didn't actually faint, just kinda slumped to the floor. I was actually pretty touched by how kind my colleagues were to me, even though they needed me for the night shift, and they sent me home. I managed to drive back in the end but took an hour and a half to get out of the car. Last time something similar happened but much milder I was made fun of for being lazy and sleeping. As for this forum, I have decided to pretty much leave as having thought about it I'm not sure I want to follow F1 or anything anymore, instead needing to concentrate on my own development and life. I will be 32 next month, and am highly anxious that I don't seem to have achieved anything with my life, or look like anywhere near doing so soon. I no longer feel F1 contributes anything worthwhile to my life, so it is a case of priorities as time is short. Formula 1 does not for me hold the magic and beauty it did when I fell in love with the sport years ago.

I've also been disheartened by what I'd say is the quality of my posts having steadily degraded over time. Having found I also don't currently have the capacity to function properly in a meaningful relationship, I have studied much online and realised I have covert narcissistic personality disorder, which is a horrible truth to face. It ends up having a huge effect on others too.

Life will be full of struggles, but that is part of life. Understanding them and turning them around is what matters. I personally wouldn't pay much attention to online diagnosis, and for that matter am at times wary of in person diagnosis by a doctor.

I've gone through periods of quite a bit of change myself, and as long as that change is what's good for you, that's really all that matters. Personal happiness can come in many forms. For me, if I can look in the mirror and see the kind of person I want to be, that's all that really matters.

But being that you are still young, I'll give you some advice that I think can be very valuable for anyone. Find something that drives you, something you are passionate about for whatever reason. And keep doing it. It really doesn't matter what it is, why it inspires you, or whether anyone else understands it. If it makes you feel complete, relaxed, strong, weak.... none of the emotion matters. That passion will drive you in other aspects and guide you in life. It will always be there, and nobody will be able to take it away. It can give you many things be it strength, peace, resolve, or clarity.

I found that through my jobs over the years, I enjoyed the stress of the high pressure jobs at times. And then I reached a point where I let it consume me. I fooled myself into thinking it was worth it, when in reality it took away from too many areas of my life that I was passionate about. So when my father was terminally ill, my marriage was on the rocks, and the job stress kept piling up, I realized something had to go. And that something was the job. Walking away from a solid salary with great benefits, bonuses, a company car, and expense account wasn't easy. But I regained my life. I would have never believed I could be so relieved to walk away from that money and be under financial stress, but I was.

And during the period I wasn't working, I realized another passion I had missed so much. Helping people in greater need. Through all the stress of the job and situation, I got involved in some outpatient programs to help with the stress and anxiety. And eventually I also figured out that I had been living with PTSD for years, and had never really processed some of the things I had been through in my life. And as a military veteran I was involved in some programs with a lot of other vets. Being my PTSD was non combat related, it was a huge eye opening for me. What I saw as a low point in my life would have been a bright day for many who struggled daily for reasons to stay alive. And it put things in perspective for me. My life is easy in comparison. And I've stayed involved in that program, started locally and now expanding nation wide in the veterans healthcare system. And it's worth it every time I go, knowing that every example might help someone finally find some hope and change their life.

I might have given up some luxuries, had to change some plans financially, and put myself under a different kind of stress. But now I have time to enjoy something I'm actually passionate about, and makes me feel good when I look in the mirror.

airshifter
21st January 2016, 06:48
Yeah, the forums have become a total boredom. Not because the sports lost their magic but cos the apathy of the forumers hypocritically hidden behind of a being busy excuse. :devil: :p

Mostly it went downhill when a young lady from Romania quit posting. She was the wild child that kept things going around here!

I'll raise my hand and admit I'm one of the ones who got busy and changed priorities in the last year or so. I went to the doctor for my back physio, and when I saw the scale weight couldn't believe it. Through all the stress and issues I had let the weight sneak up on me, and wanted to change it. Starting that day.

In 2015 I lost just shy of 40 pounds. And got back to where I enjoy pushing myself in the physical sense. I actually look forward to working out again for a change. And it gives me a release when I'm stressed out too. I've still got some back issues that I have to be cautious of, but I'm hoping to reach a point of doing some endurance type races.

But if that crazy Romanian girl came back, I'd probably hang out here more. She seemed to keep the rest of the crowd I get along with in here active as well. She's kind of the forum bus driver in a way.

steveaki13
21st January 2016, 07:52
I am still just hanging in there. Hi everyone

gadjo_dilo
21st January 2016, 11:36
I am still just hanging in there. Hi everyone

Hi! :wave:

gadjo_dilo
21st January 2016, 11:44
Mostly it went downhill when a young lady from Romania quit posting. She was the wild child that kept things going around here!.
Don't blame her for your or others lack of interest în the forums. She was here all the time 7/7 and about 24/24, posting at any hour, day or night, from any location being it her working place, home, subway or a queue în a supermarket. Unlike the other members she was never busy, she just went to work doing her job under pressure and being humiliated by the bosses but still finding time to post from time to time and risking her job. Then she went home to take care of an old sick person who hasn't left her bed for 2 years and is totally dependant on her and who's having mental crises that would drive her crazy too.. Still posting between feeding her and changing a diaper because it's disrespectful to don't reply a PM or a post.....
Until she realized she had 9000 posts ( ironically none of them motorsport related :devil: ) and she was talking by herself because, unlike her whose activity offered her all the time în the world, the others were busy. Ironically, the others were also online ( logged or hiding aș „guests” ) but too busy to post a word of two. Then she finally understood they won't be bothered.

But if that crazy Romanian girl came back, I'd probably hang out here more. She seemed to keep the rest of the crowd I get along with in here active as well. She's kind of the forum bus driver in a way.
First of all, nobody could be a bus driver without a driving license. And she doesn't have one – no kidding. :p
Secondly, you stopped posting on the forums long before she quitted.
Last, but more hurtful, she sent you an ecard on your birthday and you didn't even bothered to open it ( or at least that's why the feedback messages from the greetings site say ). Neither you did reply to her PM that tried to say this.
So give me a break, air!......:angryfire:

Storm
21st January 2016, 20:20
Ok, I think it's time to get that driving license?
:cheese:

Rollo
22nd January 2016, 00:27
Dear Scion,
What is your point? Seriously?

I currently own a Mazda 2. It's a cheeky fun little car and in North America, you beat it up with the ugly stick, took it away from Mazda and put it under this weird nothing badge.

iA - Mazda 2 sedan: but beat with the ugly stick.
xB - Toyota Rukus
iM - Toyota Corolla
tC - Toyota Avensis Coupe? Maybe?
FR-S - Toyota 86/Subaru BRZ

Basically your whole lineup need not exist at all. Why are you a thing?

Storm
23rd January 2016, 01:15
I agree Scion sucks...also the fact that Scion keeps beating me to the best parking spot every night :s

jens
26th January 2016, 14:06
Hi guys and girl(s?), just wanted to drop by having been away a few months. A lot has been happening. But reading some previous pages, I think I'm guilty of feeling a bad situation is just the absolute pits and I forget other people are suffering and far worse...

Yes I have to agree, it's a very underrated skill I think. Sometimes it's no longer about pushing the envelope but simply holding firm to what you have, and remaining. That Rocky quote that it's not about the winning, it's about how much you can take and keep walking, I think about that a lot.

Jens I have (re)seen the PM you sent ages ago, it finally clicked I hadn't responded - now fixed.

I wish I was this kind... :)

Wow, rj...

I don't know and cant' comment, what your life has been like outside the Internet.:D But, mate...

I still feel that I have to disagree with some things.:D

I don't feel your post quality has degraded. I still look forward to them!

And I really think that... you are not a REAL narcissist. The way you write posts and discuss, and share your feelings and emphatize with others. Maybe you have habits of narcissism, but it is a different matter as to truly not having the ability to emphatize.

I mean in my life I met quite a lot of genuine narcissists. And with them it is absolutely utterly impossible to discuss anything, because they are so deeply stuck in "their own truth". They do not emphatize with other people - for them the world is full of evils and enemies. And they get angry about everything, or angry about any opinion that differs to theirs! I don't get such feelings from discussing with you. It is possible to discuss with you, and get smarter!

jens
26th January 2016, 14:23
Oh... and as many of us are already well into discussing the details of our lives and who we are, I can say about myself that I am...

how to say it...

...a hypersensitive person. Surroundings, all kinds of sounds, smells, and especially emphatic human athmosphere influence me heavily. I can have an allergic reaction to "bad air". Never understood, how people can smoke!

That's why I like to spend lots of time just walking in the forest. I feel that there truly is a lot of PEACE. Real peace and calmness. Not the stress, which is present in cities. Impossible for me to go along with all the rush and "busy lifestyle", like most people seem to deal with.:) With too many tasks I go crazy if not scizophrenic - and immediately felt the need to back off.

jens
26th January 2016, 14:55
And to carry on...

This sensitiveness has directed me to be really picky about life, because many things cause too much suffering, which I can't deal with - mentally/physically!

I have surrounded myself with reallly good friends. And together it is good to make just some fun, or be creative in some ways (do music, play theatre/role plays, create stories/fantasy worlds/whatever).

And in my free time as well - just relax alone or do some creative stuff with others. Yoga and meditation is very much for me as well. I never feel bored though - even if I do nothing and are alone. Because the athmospheres, wherever I am - influence me, and always give interesting feelings and thoughts.

I liked, as I said, nature, and animals. Because animals IMO are so sincere, and not as complicated as (many) people! :)

And of course I like motorsports. In the past I watched other sports a lot too. It is interesting to ponder, why though. In a way racing (or sports competition in general) is also sincere. To try to take perfect lines through tracks, and then you have emotions after your efforts and either succeeding or failing. And of course it is just fascinating to analyze all that. There are so many aspects in play. Motorsports in itself is a small world - and all those small factors put together make a big picture!

I was never much into "films" - for me they feel a bit "artificial". I have always been fascinated of the real world, and if I watch anything, they are documentaries.

gadjo_dilo
26th January 2016, 22:19
This sensitiveness has directed me to be really picky about life, because many things cause too much suffering, which I can't deal with - mentally/physically!
Unfortunately, it might come a day when life would hit you with a real tough problem. What will you do then?
Probably find out that you can carry much more than you ever thought......

rjbetty
27th January 2016, 06:03
Hi everyone, I'm sorry for not getting back sooner. I did type a long reply the other day but didn't manage to finish it so will just keep it short.

Thank you all for the encouragement. No I really do have strong NPD syptoms across the board. I don't like the definition of a label, as I don't think anyone's fixed in position, but it just explains where I'm at. It's not just data I've collected together, but my general feeling and conscience that convicts me. I do however have an enormous score of 104 out of 115 for a 23 point test online

The tricky thing is that it's "covert" narcissism, so it's under the radar. It's not big and loud, but more inverted. It's true that I seem quite gentle on the surface, but I feel angry about things underneath. The main hallmark is lack of empathy and I know it's true that I'm definitely stuck in my own mind.

The hope is though that this is a coping mechanism. I know I have had to harden my heart as a person, otherwise I would have been eaten alive, and it just waits to reach a safe place to soften again. And also though I hate to say it, I feel mentally and emotionally exhausted after a non-stop few years, and I think I can use that word sincerely. There's hope for getting better, but just more riding things out for the moment.

Thanks for the posts guys and girl, and well done for the good things you do. Keep going.

jens
27th January 2016, 09:23
Unfortunately, it might come a day when life would hit you with a real tough problem. What will you do then?
Probably find out that you can carry much more than you ever thought......

You are right that one day surely something truly bad can happen.:) Not can, but WILL. Especially as we people all get older, and more prone to setbacks, as in some ways life cycle will be in sort of a natural decline.

Depends, what we are talking about, but I probably could carry some more weight. But I wouldn't be happy!

jens
27th January 2016, 09:32
The tricky thing is that it's "covert" narcissism, so it's under the radar. It's not big and loud, but more inverted. It's true that I seem quite gentle on the surface, but I feel angry about things underneath. The main hallmark is lack of empathy and I know it's true that I'm definitely stuck in my own mind.

Hmm, interesting... Well, I haven't seen you in real life, so it is tough for me to give my perspective.:)

But I'd say one thing. If you think you have a problem, that's one big step forward. Because usually narcissists do not recognize they have a problem - the world around them is just full of "stupid people". That's it and they carry on with this 'knowledge' till their death basically.

So I believe you are already a step above that level.;) Another issue is which kind of methodology to use to overcome this, but this will be for you to analyze..)

As for anger. Fundamentally I think most - if not all - people are angry about some things in the world or life. This is sort of natural. Because life can be tough and many people can (rightfully) feel life has been flatout unfair to them in some matters. But the question is how to 'canalize' the energy of anger, how to understand it, which conclusions to draw, etc.

Fundamentally... anger is why we have wars in the world. People are angry and they just need, baaadly need to canalize this energy into something. Just a human reaction... But there are different ways of canalizing this anger as well - like music.

gadjo_dilo
27th January 2016, 11:05
I live in a country of about 20 milion narcissist people who live naturally as if it's nothing wrong about it. Come here rjbetty! :wave:
You'll be one of us. :p

Rollo
27th January 2016, 12:42

Is this different from an inner monologue? You are allowed to run around the space in your own mind and pull things to bits and play with them.

jens
29th January 2016, 12:22
I live in a country of about 20 milion narcissist people who live naturally as if it's nothing wrong about it. Come here rjbetty! :wave:
You'll be one of us. :p

Ugh, 20 Million.:p:

Obviously it depends on judgement, and where to draw the dividing line. By my reckoning about 10% of the people have a serious case of narcissism. Other people may have varying levels of habits of narcissism, but it is still possible to discuss with them as normal human beings. :)

Jag_Warrior
30th January 2016, 19:37
I was snowed in last weekend, in a place where there was no broadcast TV. So I watched some DVDs that I had with me. One of them was "Senna". I was a great fan of the man when he was alive and I thought that I knew a great deal about him. But in watching that documentary movie, I learned SO MUCH more about the man behind the image. And in watching the footage taken on that final weekend at Imola (especially the footage showing him reacting to Roland Ratzenberger's lifeless body in the Simtek, as it ground to a stop), I got the eerie feeling that he had a sense of his own mortality. He seemed to accept it (which is why he couldn't take up Professor Sid Watkins' offer to walk away and just go fishing), but he wasn't entirely comfortable with whatever might be coming either. Who among us would be, I suppose. I'd heard rumors of that before. But in watching this movie, I could see it. And being alone with my thoughts as I watched that movie, in the middle of a heavy snow storm... that gave me time (maybe too much) to think about my own mortality. Very strange indeed.

Anyway, that's what's on my mind today. Thankfully, it's bright, sunny and warm today.

Storm
30th January 2016, 21:37
I have been meaning to watch Senna for a while but haven't gotten my hands on it yet.

anyways cheer up Jag and go grab a beer :) Very sunny and bright today indeed.

airshifter
1st February 2016, 17:26
I was snowed in last weekend, in a place where there was no broadcast TV. So I watched some DVDs that I had with me. One of them was "Senna". I was a great fan of the man when he was alive and I thought that I knew a great deal about him. But in watching that documentary movie, I learned SO MUCH more about the man behind the image. And in watching the footage taken on that final weekend at Imola (especially the footage showing him reacting to Roland Ratzenberger's lifeless body in the Simtek, as it ground to a stop), I got the eerie feeling that he had a sense of his own mortality. He seemed to accept it (which is why he couldn't take up Professor Sid Watkins' offer to walk away and just go fishing), but he wasn't entirely comfortable with whatever might be coming either. Who among us would be, I suppose. I'd heard rumors of that before. But in watching this movie, I could see it. And being alone with my thoughts as I watched that movie, in the middle of a heavy snow storm... that gave me time (maybe too much) to think about my own mortality. Very strange indeed.

Anyway, that's what's on my mind today. Thankfully, it's bright, sunny and warm today.

Interesting. That movie had a bit of the same affect on me when I first watched it. And some recent things I'm going through has had me thinking about my own mortality more lately again. Maybe that's why I'm getting myself into better shape, and making some stress related changes as more of a priority lately.

If I was still single and had no children, chances are probably much greater I would die (or would have already died) doing something higher risk. Now that I have a wife and daughter, it shifts priorities. And though I want to leave them taken care of financially the best I can, I also don't want to be an absentee father or husband. Finding that balance can be tough.

And hopefully when I'm 80 I'll still be wondering if I did it right, and hoping my grandchildren don't think I missed their mother up. :laugh:

Jag_Warrior
2nd February 2016, 18:44
I'm usually pretty good at preventing myself from spending inordinate amounts of time navel gazing. But last weekend sort of caught me off guard. I didn't expect to be isolated for that long. So I watched several DVDs... all about motor racing. The ones about the 50's and 60's were nostalgic and interesting, even though SO MANY drivers (and spectators) died during that bloody era. But I wasn't around to watch most of those guys, so that didn't hit me the same way. But Senna was close to my age. And the interviews with John Bisignano, in particular, sort of messed with my head. That strange, almost electric aura, that he described being around Senna's car on the grid, made me pause the DVD and stare into space for a bit. And the way that Bisignano commented on how conflicted he was about Senna's death, I could relate to that too. While his family and friends surely miss him still, in the eyes of fans (people like us, who didn't really know him), he will never get old. He will never die of cancer or slump over in his chair at the age of 80 or 90. He will always be young, vibrant, handsome and determined to get that next win. To many people, he has taken on a sort of mythical, spirit like existence now. In my mind, I only remember that he died in the lead. And since we all gotta go at some point, that ain't a bad way to go. So, that's how I resolved that blue feeling and started counting my blessings again.

Man, I hope that's the last big snow that we have this year. :D

Rudy Tamasz
2nd February 2016, 20:20
I liked Senna, too, sort of. However, my true heroes were Mansell and then Hill. In a total contrast to Senna both of them decided to not push themselves to the limit. Each of them ended up parking a healthy car in the middle of the race and walking away to do gardening or something. I suppose I might pull the same trick one day.

Storm
4th February 2016, 17:11
Man, I hope that's the last big snow that we have this year. :D

One storm headed there next week too :s

schmenke
5th February 2016, 17:24
I watched the film Senna recently on Netflix, and although well done, I thought that the conflict between him and Prost was presented as rather one-sided. I couldn't help but wonder how that conflict would be presented if a film was done about Prost's career :mark: .

What's on my mind lately is the rubbish content on Netflix. I can never seem to find anything interesting to watch. Lately I've been watching old episodes of Top Gear, and Netflix only goes as far back as season 16 :dozey:

Tazio
6th February 2016, 03:28
I watched the film Senna recently on Netflix, and although well done, I thought that the conflict between him and Prost was presented as rather one-sided. I couldn't help but wonder how that conflict would be presented if a film was done about Prost's career :mark: .

What's on my mind lately is the rubbish content on Netflix. I can never seem to find anything interesting to watch. Lately I've been watching old episodes of Top Gear, and Netflix only goes as far back as season 16 :dozey:I've watched every episode of Archer...twice :p:

Rollo
8th February 2016, 05:28
Jensen Button should stick with singing for Coldplay. His gig at the Superb Owl was probably seen by more people than 16th place in the McLaren.

Storm
8th February 2016, 17:05
I saw the Superbowl for the first time I think....at least from start to end. Have to say not the best advert for the game. But I think finals are often this way..especially in tournaments...someone makes mistakes and the others capitalize. At least had plenty of Murphy's Stout while watching :p:

gadjo_dilo
8th February 2016, 21:00
What's on my mind lately is the rubbish content on Netflix. I can never seem to find anything interesting to watch. Lately I've been watching old episodes of Top Gear, and Netflix only goes as far back as season 16 :dozey:

http://www.openculture.com/freemoviesonline

For refined cinephiles I highly recommend Andrei Rublev and Stalker, both by Andrei Tarkovsky, one of the best directors ever.

schmenke
9th February 2016, 15:10
I've watched every episode of Archer...twice :p:

I just started season 5 :D

schmenke
9th February 2016, 15:11
http://www.openculture.com/freemoviesonline

For refined cinephiles ....

I guess that's not for me then :p:

Tazio
10th February 2016, 03:15
I just started season 5 :D
Johnny Bench called! :D :angel:

steveaki13
25th February 2016, 22:00
F1 is around the corner again and so I find my way back to the forums with more regularity.

Are we going to have Euro 2016 and Olympic threads for Summer.

Or a Eurovision one? ;)

gadjo_dilo
26th February 2016, 11:00
Are we going to have Euro 2016 and Olympic threads for Summer.

Or a Eurovision one? ;)

Yes we'll have threads.
But I worry about don't having comments. :laugh:

paul_hailes
26th February 2016, 19:29
Hi guys,

If you could take the time to complete this questionnaire for my dissertation regarding the implementation of head protection in open wheeled, open cockpit vehicles it would be greatly appreciated.

https://paulhailes.typeform.com/to/FMp2Mc

steveaki13
26th February 2016, 20:16
Yes we'll have threads.
But I worry about don't having comments. :laugh:

Course we will. It will be fun

gadjo_dilo
26th February 2016, 20:35
Course we will. It will be fun
Come on....
Everybody will be too busy. :devil:

steveaki13
26th February 2016, 23:21
Come on....
Everybody will be too busy. :devil:

No need to be like that. :)

Storm
28th February 2016, 17:14
Going to a concert tonight... ;)

steveaki13
28th February 2016, 22:22
Going to a concert tonight... ;)

Who / what and where is that Storm?

anfield5
29th February 2016, 22:33
Been absent for a while, but I am back into study for my degree and life is getting back to normal (well as close to normal as I can ever get :))

Storm
1st March 2016, 01:31
Who / what and where is that Storm?

Testament and Carcass...not sure if you are a heavy metal guy though!
My ears are still buzzing :(

steveaki13
1st March 2016, 09:00
I am open to most music but can't say I am well up on them

schmenke
2nd March 2016, 22:10
I'm thinking about the minivan (people-mover to you lot) requiring a new set of summer tires. The cheapest (well, cheapest quality tires, i.e. discounting any Shanghai-Specials) that I've been able to source is a set of Pirelli Scorpians, but I've heard mixed reviews about them.
Where's a donkey when you need one? :dozey:

Storm
3rd March 2016, 00:20
donkey only peddles his own rubber :s

Starter
3rd March 2016, 02:54
Try Tire Rack. I think they sell to Canada. Even if not you can use their webpage to identify different tires for your use and it also has reviews of those tires. I don't always buy from them but I always look there first.

schmenke
3rd March 2016, 15:16
Yeah, thanks Starter. I've previously purchased from Tirerack, and they ship to Canada, but I'd have to pay in US dollars. With the exchange rate between the Canadian and US dollar so poor now, I'd be paying an extra 30% :s (don't know if you've noticed the lack of Canuck tourists in your beautiful country recently :p: ).

I haven't thought about using the website to check out the reviews though...

Storm
9th March 2016, 18:36
Yeah I'd like a piece too :s

schmenke
10th March 2016, 15:29
One for me too please!

gadjo_dilo
23rd May 2016, 14:42
My post #10000. :angel:
Maybe it's time to take a pause for a few months.
Game over!

steveaki13
23rd May 2016, 17:58
My post #10000. :angel:
Maybe it's time to take a pause for a few months.
Game over!

I thought you would do something nice for us. :(

Rudy Tamasz
23rd May 2016, 21:13
Throw a party!

Sent from my Lenovo P70-A using Tapatalk

gadjo_dilo
9th September 2016, 11:52
http://www.bbc.com/earth/story/20160901-we-might-live-in-a-computer-program-but-it-may-not-matter

:eek: :confused: :eek: :confused: :eek: :confused: :eek: :confused:

Lavone Leslie
15th September 2016, 12:09
Anybody here into surfing? Thanks!

gadjo_dilo
6th January 2017, 11:31
Don't cry .
You can be the lucky one who wins the first snowperson of the year competition on the forum , if you build one .

Do I ?

steveaki13
6th January 2017, 21:50
Do I ?

You win.

Thats a good snow person

Rollo
7th January 2017, 01:04
Quality journalism from the Wall St Journal... http://www.wsj.com/articles/americans-eat-554-million-jack-in-the-box-tacos-a-year-and-no-one-knows-why-1483465285

Americans Eat 554 Million Jack in the Box Tacos a Year, and No One Knows Why

SPOOKY!

With all the talk about "fake" news and hacking, affecting the outcome of the US Presidential Election, did no-one take stock that the "real" news companies caused this?

gadjo_dilo
7th January 2017, 07:39
You win.

Thats a good snow person

:champion: :p

What's the prize?

steveaki13
7th January 2017, 08:44

What's the prize?

hmm.....

No idea. More snow? :spin:

gadjo_dilo
7th January 2017, 08:56
hmm.....

No idea. More snow? :spin:

:arrows:

:angryfire:

Rudy Tamasz
7th January 2017, 10:57
How about a Super snowman?

gadjo_dilo
7th January 2017, 10:59
That would be a snow-woman. :p

Rudy Tamasz
7th January 2017, 11:04
I mean, as a prize for you.

steveaki13
7th January 2017, 11:19
It's snow joke anyway

Rudy Tamasz
7th January 2017, 11:28
Well, I take snow people seriously. A couple years ago I built the most massive snowman I could, on the limit of my physical abilities. I thought he would freeze and survive till May. Well, the winter was warm and my creature was gone by March.

gadjo_dilo
7th January 2017, 11:50
What shall I do with a cold creature?

Rudy Tamasz
7th January 2017, 12:23
I see, you like it hot.

gadjo_dilo
7th January 2017, 12:36
::angel:

Rudy Tamasz
7th January 2017, 13:28
Hot angel

donKey jote
7th January 2017, 18:22
freezing drizzle in Hannover at the moment, never seen anything quite like it here... I just drove back at around 30kmh from the other side of town, saw loads of accidents, both traffic and people sliding all over the place. One car had somehow managed to lodge itself at 90° on the tram tracks. Almost got caught out twice myself on black ice :bandit:

Starter
7th January 2017, 19:15

What's the prize?
Fake snow.

gadjo_dilo
7th January 2017, 19:49
freezing drizzle in Hannover at the moment, never seen anything quite like it here... I just drove back at around 30kmh from the other side of town, saw loads of accidents, both traffic and people sliding all over the place. One car had somehow managed to lodge itself at 90° on the tram tracks. Almost got caught out twice myself on black ice :bandit:
It happened to me twice in my life and I managed to keep myself on my feet despite having to walk about 1,5 km. on my way to work. The bus travel was also an adventure cos the driver couldn't control it and it turned 180°.

gadjo_dilo
7th January 2017, 19:50
Fake snow.

:arrows:

donKey jote
7th January 2017, 20:41
It happened to me twice in my life and I managed to keep myself on my feet despite having to walk about 1,5 km. on my way to work. The bus travel was also an adventure cos the driver couldn't control it and it turned 180°.
I've experienced it twice before, once in Austria, when I fell flat on my donkey upon stepping out of my car in the car park at work, not having realised how slippery it was, and another time on a short stretch of the Autobahn near Hannover, when my windscreen suddenly froze over and I somehow managed to miss all the other cars sliding around me.

Today was ridiculously widespread chaos, though... These photos give an impression of what we experienced, including pics of the car on the tram tracks which I drove past around the same time they were taken :-)
http://t.haz.de/Hannover/Fotostrecken-Hannover/Glatteis-in-Hannover#n21064843

gadjo_dilo
7th January 2017, 21:03
It's a hard winter
Snowstorms, low temperatures, closed roads.
Now we face at least 2 weeks of freezing cold and even -20° in Book a rest.
I let the water flow because it may freeze into the pipes

donKey jote
7th January 2017, 21:48
We had -13 the other day in Hangover but it's back to "normal" now... Around 0, or as they say here: neither cold nor warm :-p

Rudy Tamasz
7th January 2017, 22:08
We've got 26C and no complaining.

gadjo_dilo
7th January 2017, 22:14
+ or - ?

donKey jote
7th January 2017, 22:46
I guess -, or else he'd probably be complaining it's too warm :p

Rudy Tamasz
8th January 2017, 07:34
With +26C in January I'd be complaining about tourists flooding the streets.

gadjo_dilo
8th January 2017, 07:42
You travel so much....
Who knew where you could be? :confused:

steveaki13
8th January 2017, 10:07
We have a horrible grey endless cloud and +7

Its boring..... we want some snow from you Gadjo. :p

gadjo_dilo
8th January 2017, 11:14
We have a horrible grey endless cloud and +7

Its boring..... we want some snow from you Gadjo. :p
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170108/87c79a8dd59e9c52635be1e862e7b1e9.jpg

:kiss:
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170108/06526bd1d5fb1d53866b0f56ab0edacd.jpg

steveaki13
8th January 2017, 11:33
Wow thats a lot of snow and it is all mine.

Ta mate. :)

Rollo
9th January 2017, 04:25
With +26C in January I'd be complaining about tourists flooding the streets.

That'd be a coolish day for Sydney in January. I am supposed to be mowing the lawn today. It's 37°C out there.

Thanks but no thanks. I think that the cats have the right idea. Lie on the floor under the couch and bang your tail on the floor.

Zeakiwi
9th January 2017, 06:17
It has been a fairly cool summer in most places of NZ that means average temperatures. Continual wind means the vegetation is drying out, keeping rural fire crews busy.
http://www.stuff.co.nz/auckland/local-news/national-news/88218727/Fire-crews-battle-blaze-on-Mahia-Penisula/

gadjo_dilo
14th January 2017, 11:03
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170114/f206bac9a8ee0be11deba75cf89799c2.jpg

Guess who's knocking at my window......

steveaki13
14th January 2017, 11:10
Another one... Our one day of snow in South England melted after one hour

gadjo_dilo
14th January 2017, 11:13
Don't lose hope, Steve. :p

The amount we had these days will probably melt in a month.

Rudy Tamasz
14th January 2017, 18:31
We have excellent weather. It's been snowing for almost 24h. Now it's quiet and 2C below. Tomorrow it's gonna be 5C below meaning all that snow will stay there. We have plans to go sleighing tomorrow.

Storm
14th January 2017, 19:13
Last weekend it was windy and -4c , this weekend its cloudy and muggy 20+ c
:\

gadjo_dilo
14th January 2017, 21:55
We had a massive snowfall on Wednesday and it caused chaos in traffic. The snow was knee height and transport paralyzed not to mention that pedestrians had no paths. As a genuine absurdistani, I managed to keep myself on my feet in the snow but then had a terrible fall in a store where I entered to buy a coke. Now I have a terrible pain in my left foot and I can hardly walk.

anfield5
15th January 2017, 07:05
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170114/f206bac9a8ee0be11deba75cf89799c2.jpg

Guess who's knocking at my window......

Is he trying to get in... or trying to get out? :)

gadjo_dilo
15th January 2017, 08:16
Is he trying to get in... or trying to get out? :)
That's another guess. :p

airshifter
15th January 2017, 15:54
We even had snow here where I live. And despite the claims that it all belongs to him, Steve didn't come and get it!

We had all of 4-5" of snow, and schools shut down for three days! In all fairness it was wet, then froze, so a lot of areas had a decent amount of ice. I think I was actually getting to work quicker in the snow since most people stayed home. As the snow cleared up, the traffic levels become normal chaos.

steveaki13
15th January 2017, 21:35
Warm and plus 6 again now...... boring weather :p

anfield5
16th January 2017, 05:53
Sun, wind... lots of wind temp about 24celcius, did I mention the bloody wind - it's windy

Storm
16th January 2017, 22:10
a huge thunderstorm last night..

Rollo
17th January 2017, 22:15
Sun, wind... lots of wind temp about 24celcius, did I mention the bloody wind - it's windy

Luxury.

http://www.bom.gov.au/nsw/observations/sydney.shtml?ref=hdr
Latest Weather Observations for the Sydney Area
Richmond - 27.8 - 03:10am

That's what we slept through last night. It was 36°C at midnight; when I went to bed.

gadjo_dilo
18th January 2017, 09:31
http://www.motorsportforums.com/showthread.php?32877-Motorsport-Forums-World-Weather-Report&highlight=weather+report

:stareup:

pivwani
25th January 2017, 08:00
Can anyone point me to a section for Autocross (https://www.enginepartsuk.net). It's definitely some of the best racing of since.

Rudy Tamasz
25th January 2017, 12:13
Can anyone point me to a section for Autocross (https://www.enginepartsuk.net). It's definitely some of the best racing of since.

Can you see my finger pointing? :D

gadjo_dilo
26th January 2017, 09:22
Post # 11000 :s

Rollo
29th January 2017, 23:00
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C3X7RJZUMAA-RqZ.jpg

Happy Lunar New Year!

2017 is the year of the dumpster fire rooster, right?

gadjo_dilo
4th March 2017, 07:43
https://youtu.be/QaTbxrhFGZU

:angel:

steveaki13
4th March 2017, 11:48

What? :D

donKey jote
4th March 2017, 13:58

https://youtu.be/jbwUYiDyg8Q
:kiss:

Tazio
4th March 2017, 14:47

:angel:That makes me angry, especially the part he said about Nadia :angryfire

donKey jote
4th March 2017, 14:54
One for taz :andrea:
https://youtu.be/TjF2dPdHd7Q

gadjo_dilo
4th March 2017, 15:54
Oops....We have have serious competition from Moldova ....:s
https://youtu.be/380xwSXnzeU

Taz, forget about Nadia! Consolate yourself with the modern version of the Capalna girls. :devil:

Tazio
4th March 2017, 17:16
Taz, forget about Nadia! Consolate yourself with the modern version of the Capalna girls. :devil: :angel: :bounce:

lokesh123
12th April 2017, 04:39
On my mind right now is that raggi Mudaa and Basaaru.....with chutney

steveaki13
12th April 2017, 18:01
On my mind right now is how nice life is when you receive a surprise Easter card from a friend. It just makes you smile.

gadjo_dilo
12th April 2017, 18:09
Aren't you a "smiler", anyway? :confused:

You seem to have nice friends.....:angel:

steveaki13
12th April 2017, 19:09
I have very nice friends. Who even if I am busy I always care for.

admissioninfo23
14th April 2017, 10:44
Hi, today i want eat spicy food

steveaki13
14th April 2017, 12:06
Well there we are :D

Finally a few days off work over Easter.

What are people up to over this weekend generally?

Rudy Tamasz
14th April 2017, 16:13
Pray, go to church and celebrate (not me, though, as I am confined to the hospital)

steveaki13
14th April 2017, 21:58
Oh dear sorry to hear that Rudy.

Rudy Tamasz
15th April 2017, 06:43
Pray, go to church and celebrate (not me, though, as I am confined to the hospital)

gadjo_dilo
15th April 2017, 07:50
Since Rudy insists, I'll pray. For his health and for the poor nurses who are probably teased by him. :p
I'll go to the church at midnight and take the holy light ( the latest trend is to bring it directly from the Holy Grave in Jerusalem).
I'll eat and drink like a pig after a week of fast.
I'll go to the cemetery and cry my sadness.
The part of celebration will be skipped because I don't have the right reason.
Otherwise I'll be here if you want to talk.

steveaki13
15th April 2017, 08:17
We are in drought conditions for the UK here already. No rain for almost a month...... bit of a panic what summer will be like given how much rain we normally have.

Plenty of motorsport on over the weekend to watch. Which will be bliss.

Otherwise eating chocolate. :p

steveaki13
15th April 2017, 08:19
Oh and I am playing football today. Our second last game of the season. The last before the club I have played for over 14 years folds due to losing our home ground and the club being sold.

Next year we will move to a new club for a new start. Bit sad as our club has existed since 1912.

Rudy Tamasz
15th April 2017, 08:50
Sorry about your club folding, Steve. It's always sad to lose something familiar to you that had been around forever. Hopefully, the new beginning will not be disappointing.

For you, Gadjo, I just realized that I somehow replied to my own post while losing all the text that I typed. What I said there to you and Steve was that my condition is tolerably tolerable. What is good about being here over the weekend is an incredible calm and quietness. If there is a place to think about heavenly things before Easter, it is here. In any case, thanks for praying for me. I never forget about you, either.

Regarding nurses, they are not much interested in me, but they aren't that pretty, either. Although, based on the stories of my wife (a doctor), the type of a slutty nurse still exists, alive and kicking.

steveaki13
15th April 2017, 09:00
Glad to hear everything is under control Rudy. Look to the future. :)

Gadjo my legendary footie career is going to change forever :p

gadjo_dilo
15th April 2017, 09:43
Come on, Stevie....!
It's your last chance to score! :angel:

PS I thought you live in a small city. How many clubs do you have there? :confused:

Rudy, I think your nurses are scared by your wife. No way they aren't interested in a guy like you. :p

Rudy Tamasz
15th April 2017, 10:38
I don't think it would deter the. When girls compete for guys there's no mercy and no holds barred. Like you don't know it yourself... ;)

gadjo_dilo
15th April 2017, 10:40
I always give up. Rule#1: never look to a guy who's taken

Rudy Tamasz
15th April 2017, 10:57
Don't look at him. Just make him look at you. I was at a half-professional party and all the way through I was catching a stare at me, which was not simply scrutinizing, it was really inducing me to stare back. I had to exercise all my control to avoid eye contact. Quite an experience it was.

gadjo_dilo
15th April 2017, 11:10
Rudy, you''re such an eye-catcher......:devil:

As for me, I lack the charms to catch his eyes. :s

gadjo_dilo
15th April 2017, 23:26
I know that most of you don't believe it but Christ is risen!
So let's knock some eggs!
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170415/65e1eba21f1f8a61318a8699faafd68a.jpg

Happy Easter!

admissionpro
25th April 2017, 12:56
Right now, in my mind nothing else going on rather than eating Spicy items which is very fresh right now.

Rudy Tamasz
19th May 2017, 07:36
Chris Cornell is dead. I can't believe it. Even more horrible is the fact that he most probably took his own life. Why? He seemed to be on a roll playing sold out gigs and doing what he loved. He had kicked his addictions many years before. And now... Why?

It's also remarkable that the generation of musicians from the '90s chooses a suicide or an overdose to stop the pain of living. The '80s heroes just quietly die of liver cirrhosis.

Starter
20th May 2017, 21:44
Personally, I prefer the latter ending over the former.

Rudy Tamasz
22nd May 2017, 11:41
Same with me. I hope it'll be neither, though.

I also struggle to figure out why the '90s music was so depressive. The '80s were a tough time economically, so hair metal and synth-pop celebrated escapism. The '90s were a time of economic boom never seen before and yet grunge and other music were fill of despair.

steveaki13
4th June 2017, 08:53
4th terror attack on the UK in recent times.

Funny rather than beating us and scaring us, this only makes us more determined to beat these scum bags.

Tazio
4th June 2017, 12:34
Steve I don't know how this latest one could have been stopped, autos and knives are accessible to everyone. My thoughts are with the victims, and their families. I still haven't forgotten your people's support singing "The Battle Hymn of the Republic" at St. Paul's after the 2001 attacks in the U.S.A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmpo0csiIMs

Seventeen
16th June 2017, 20:31
On my mind is now that Seb Ogier is testing for Poland Rally in estonia and I have great video about that https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLwCnevGRE8&t=26s ;)

gadjo_dilo
30th September 2017, 07:40
My 12000 th post.
No one is sadder than I am.

donKey jote
30th September 2017, 10:29
Or more liked :kiss: :andrea:

steveaki13
23rd October 2017, 23:13
My 12000 th post.
No one is sadder than I am.

Congrats Gadjo on your 12000th post. I was once beating you but then I got busy as you know. :laugh::beer:

gadjo_dilo
24th October 2017, 19:38
You were never beating me at posts number. You only used to celebrate them in style. :devil:

steveaki13
24th October 2017, 20:50
You were never beating me at posts number. You only used to celebrate them in style. :devil:

When I get to 11000 I will again.

Albeit that could be in 2027 :p

gadjo_dilo
24th October 2017, 23:05
When I get to 11000 I will again.

Albeit that could be in 2027 :p

Well, let's count:
10 years of Eurovision threads mean about 50 posts/year x10 = 500
2018, 2022 and 2026 World Cup threads mean about 100 posts x 3 = 300 posts.
I think you're able to do it in 2026. :p

steveaki13
25th October 2017, 08:14
Haha