PDA

View Full Version : Wrc+

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12

Rally Power
27th October 2019, 09:05
Apparently the Promoter is boosting WRC promotion in South America; that's probably why Rally Chile organizer is interviewed on a regular basis and we’re now forced to get some lines in spanish and take lovely Leticia hopeless comments...thank gods Ciesla isn’t (yet) focused on China.

Japé
27th October 2019, 12:43
Disappointed not to see Tanak's arrival to service park to be shown in WRC+.

Augury
27th October 2019, 12:44
Yeah, they could show Meeke and Latvala, but not Tanak.

Japé
2nd November 2019, 11:17
Got a promo email saying something exciting is coming up in 2020.
Could that be WRC+ that works :D

We should really hope that WRC+ does not bring for 2020 any stupid "updates", like 2019 the on screen graphics updates (revs and tyres) or other digital gimmic shit.

WRC+ should respect the subscribers more. Most of the WRC+ spectators are quite likely hard core rally fans and it would make sense to improve the real core product:

- Network / broadcast technical reliability, for example downtime, heartbeat problems, getting the TV app working and many more
- Reduce the delay in "live" image
- 4K Video quality
- Better incar audio quality
- Pure sound option always available
- Possibility to choose which car to follow live
- Possibility to follow cars or service park instead of studio
- Mandatory to keep intercom on at off stage mode
- Maybe also automatic high quality "webcams" from services and service park instead just showing rotation or cutting the broadcasts short
- All presenters with brains and understandable communication skills. To be able to give some added value presenter have to have more WRC knowledge than WRC+ spectators, even the ones with pretty face
- Keep bringing the current and ex WRC professionals to studio and ask new tight questions from them, questions that have not been in motorsport media before

Fixing all this should be quite basic task comparing to something what "something exciting" is most likely going to be..

Franky
2nd November 2019, 11:40
Jape, 4K is still pointless on big scale. High quality Full HD is still more than enough considering the equipment people use. Instead of 4K it should be better image quality. Think KKS or someone brought out a few times that the WRC+ feed that we see is 1280x720, so not even HD really. And sometimes the images broadcasted look worse than SD. Btw, SD is 1024x576 (PAL) and 720 is 1280x720, so not a very big difference in resolution change.

But of course the onboard image quality is also down to the data bandwidth they use and I'm sure all of us would agree, it's better to get something in lower quality than have the feed interrupted every few seconds and possibly lose something significant.

One point that would be wise to do is to treat the rally weekend on WRC+ like a normal TV channel, so you don't have random amount of empty minutes between stages where you show a slideshow on repeat. Fill the gaps, keep the viewer engaged and it should be a better experience for the viewer in return.

pantealex
2nd November 2019, 16:13
Most of the WRC+ spectators are quite likely hard core rally fans and it would make sense to improve the real core product:

- All presenters with brains and understandable communication skills. To be able to give some added value presenter have to have more WRC knowledge than WRC+ spectators, even the ones with pretty face

It will be very hard task to find 5 presenters which have all those skills:
-english speaking with nice voice
-knows more than hardcore fans
-pretty enough

deephouse
2nd November 2019, 17:46
-pretty enough

That guy in Redbull seems like a good choice and he even don't have much experience from rallying but he can be a good presenter.

deephouse
2nd November 2019, 17:47
-pretty enough

That guy in Redbull seems like a good choice and he even don't have much experience from rallying but he can be a good presenter. And also ANdrew Coley, he is so enthusiastic in RX that you barely follow him.

cali
2nd November 2019, 18:05
Mike Chen and Andrew Coley would be excellent choice. I must say this exotic chick is a waste of resources. Also keep Colin, Julian and this welsh guy. Kiri and Molly are away for a long period I think, but they're OK as well. Others are just not my cup tea.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

SubaruNorway
2nd November 2019, 18:15
That guy in Redbull seems like a good choice and he even don't have much experience from rallying but he can be a good presenter.

Mike Chen has quite a bit of experience, he worked in WRC TV for many years interviewing and voiceover on the preview shows mainly, drove Wales Rally GB in 16 with Rich Millener in an R2 Fiesta

mknight
2nd November 2019, 18:35
- Reduce the delay in "live" image
- 4K Video quality

These are either hard to do and/or pointless. Better image quality specially for onboards would be nice but it's also quite hard.

- Better incar audio quality
- Possibility to choose which car to follow live

These might be possible.

- Pure sound option always available
- Maybe also automatic high quality "webcams" from services and service park instead just showing rotation or cutting the broadcasts short

These are very easy to do. I would really like a "webcam" from service park to see the atmosphere/weather and generally what is going on when nothing is happening. Understandably it would have to be a bit high, but roof of some of the team "buildings" would work.

- Possibility to follow cars or service park instead of studio
- Mandatory to keep intercom on at off stage mode

While this is possible (and was done in Monte 2018 when they started for first time), it is not likely to be allowed for privacy reasons. Specially the part about intercom is totally something that drivers would fight against.

sinepikohv
3rd November 2019, 08:10
Mike Chen and Andrew Coley would be excellent choice. I must say this exotic chick is a waste of resources. Also keep Colin, Julian and this welsh guy. Kiri and Molly are away for a long period I think, but they're OK as well. Others are just not my cup tea.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

I think it's Abi and Molly who are away. But they became/will become mothers, so all the best to them!

nafpaktos
3rd November 2019, 13:20
Just tried to renew my wrcplus subscription but the only available choice is the all-live. @#$%^%$#

SubaruNorway
3rd November 2019, 15:46
I think it's Abi and Molly who are away. But they became/will become mothers, so all the best to them!

No, Abi lost her's a few months ago, Molly is due in Desember and might be back for Finland. Kiri is due in February.

Sulland
3rd November 2019, 16:04
Was in the wrong thread:

Not necessarily that it has to be Latavala, but they need someone with current WRCar experiance to replace Becs, during live stages. She is better in the HQ/ service area being in charge there, or they need 3 during stages,

meh
3rd November 2019, 19:53
My 1st priority wish could be: dashboard, where video and times are on the same page.

sinepikohv
4th November 2019, 13:44
No, Abi lost her's a few months ago, Molly is due in Desember and might be back for Finland. Kiri is due in February.

Oh crap, that awful to hear!

Kiri didn't seem to have a belly in Catalunya but I'm blind anyways...

Katvala
4th November 2019, 13:51
Oh crap, that awful to hear!

Kiri didn't seem to have a belly in Catalunya but I'm blind anyways...For some people it can take a lot of time before it shows

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

jiipee64
24th November 2019, 08:28
Is it just me but the onboards don't seem to work??

Andre Oliveira
29th November 2019, 11:41
Promocode: BLACKFRIDAY19

tomhlord
29th November 2019, 12:58
Promocode: BLACKFRIDAY19

Thank you, used it!

ceemic
29th November 2019, 14:40
7x one month subscriptions are still cheaper :)

EDIT: Does not work that way in 2020 sadly. In 2019 you could buy 7x one month subscription to cover whole season. In 2020 there are some bigger caps between 2 rallies.

tonis_t
29th November 2019, 16:30
If I have active subscription that will end next year is it possible to buy this subscription with this code now? I do not see any possibility to buy this subscription under my current user because of active subscription. Only possible if I make new user?

AnttiL
19th December 2019, 17:33
The new special feature introduces the most iconic stages of the season

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EMKPQ_QW4AAtFOu?format=jpg&name=medium

you had one job...

:D

Allez Andruet
19th December 2019, 18:01
you had one job...

Yeah, I would have given them a pass for misspelling something like Seppälänkangas but geez, you really can't get Ouninpohja right? That's ei jatkoon kinda thing.

tommeke_B
19th December 2019, 19:05
And... Ouninpohja hasn't been run as a stage for 2 years now.

Allez Andruet
19th December 2019, 19:15

The name hasn't been in the itinerary.

AnttiL
19th December 2019, 19:29

When was a stage called "Col de Turini" last run in Monte Carlo?

tommeke_B
19th December 2019, 20:23
Well, they still drive on the Col de Turini itself, while they don't drive Ouninpohja(ntie) anymore. ;) This year's Kakaristo stage shouldn't be called "Ouninpohja" and you know it. What made Ouninpohja stand out against the other stages isn't there anymore...

Andre Oliveira
24th December 2019, 14:03
I am WRC+ All Live user since beggining. Renew is 89.99€. Promocode?

AnttiL
28th December 2019, 16:59
Today I wanted to watch an onboard on my iOS app, but I cannot login. Does anyone else have the same problem? Login works fine on browser and my subscription is still valid.

EstWRC
28th December 2019, 17:21
Some guys on Estonian forum had the same problem and they wrote to support and it was fixed.

Revman
29th December 2019, 00:16
Same problem. I have written support twice. They will fix it. They have been great. Glad I'm not the only one!

Fast Eddie WRC
30th December 2019, 10:44
Still waiting for more info on this... :rolleyes:

https://i.imgur.com/HF0ms8v.jpg

MentalParadox
15th January 2020, 19:40
Any reason why WRC+ isn't even aknowledging there's a new season starting soon? It still says "Rally Australia: Canceled" and there's no sign of the Monte preview video? I mean, the event starts in just days...

AnttiL
15th January 2020, 19:41
Any reason why WRC+ isn't even aknowledging there's a new season starting soon? It still says "next event: Rally Australia Canceled" and there's no sign of the Monte preview video? I mean, the event starts in just days...

Preview videos are usually published on the Friday before the rally week.

RS
15th January 2020, 20:25
Does the WRC+ app work with Chromecast? I no longer have BT Sport but would like to be able to watch WRC All Live on my TV.

AnttiL
15th January 2020, 20:47
Does the WRC+ app work with Chromecast? I no longer have BT Sport but would like to be able to watch WRC All Live on my TV.

I have got it working only through casting a tab on my Chrome laptop browser, then going fullscreen.

RS
15th January 2020, 21:27
I have got it working only through casting a tab on my Chrome laptop browser, then going fullscreen.

Thanks. Shame the app doesn’t allow it. BT Sport app does but it is more expensive..

Fast Eddie WRC
15th January 2020, 21:39
Motorsport Broadcasting @f1broadcasting
World Rally Championship highlights to return to ITV4 in "multi-year" deal.

https://motorsportbroadcasting.com/2020/01/15/world-rally-championship-highlights-to-return-to-itv4-in-multi-year-deal/

AndyRAC
16th January 2020, 08:47
ITV4 is a better fit for the sport than Ch5; however, this will be the 3rd time ITV4 will have had WRC highlights - the previous two occasions they dropped it due to low viewing figures.

After reading that article, I do think it's time Red Bull TV were able to show more than 1 live stage on a Saturday; why not show both runs of the stage? They need to provide more 'free to air' coverage than they currently do. One solitary free stage is nowhere near enough.

rallyfiend
16th January 2020, 08:56
ITV4 is a better fit for the sport than Ch5; however, this will be the 3rd time ITV4 will have had WRC highlights - the previous two occasions they dropped it due to low viewing figures.

After reading that article, I do think it's time Red Bull TV were able to show more than 1 live stage on a Saturday; why not show both runs of the stage? They need to provide more 'free to air' coverage than they currently do. One solitary free stage is nowhere near enough.

I guess the more they give to RB TV the less any TV station would be interested in it.

RBTV is an extremely niche outlet.

Japé
16th January 2020, 18:44
Less than week to Monte and no WRC+ Preview Magazine yet? How about WRC+ subscription campaigns, any promotions seen?

AnttiL
16th January 2020, 18:51
Less than week to Monte and no WRC+ Preview Magazine yet?

Like I just said, they are normally published on the Friday before a rally starts. So look forward to tomorrow evening.

Katvala
16th January 2020, 19:12
I'm interested to see what the special new thing coming to WRC all live will be.

flat_rigth
18th January 2020, 09:12
Less than week to Monte and no WRC+ Preview Magazine yet? How about WRC+ subscription campaigns, any promotions seen?

This one should be still active: WRC8NGFAP (-20%)

theracingelf
18th January 2020, 10:01
Any news on the "exciting" thing they teased us about that was coming in 2020?

Portimao
18th January 2020, 10:10
Nothing, it was rubbish.

flat_rigth
18th January 2020, 11:50
Nothing, it was rubbish.

I think it is still coming. When I logged in today, it still said that same message. So I think when the season starts and there is the first live broadcast, they hopefully will tell us.

Fast Eddie WRC
18th January 2020, 17:37
They should be announcing it now to pull in more viewers.

T16
18th January 2020, 19:43
They should be announcing it now to pull in more viewers.

Fair shout.

Huufke
18th January 2020, 23:13
The WRC android app (TV) has gone through a major update including a change in visual identity: blue and orange replacing the well known black and green. Currently many things are still not working properly. For example: With your first login you have to update your password at wrc.com/reset Unfortunately this page isn't available yet, so I'm not able to login.

Anyway, I guess a renewed platform is what the announcement is all about. Let's hope it will become a platform that works according to today's standards. That would actually be some big news.

Katvala
18th January 2020, 23:30
Hope so. The app was so bad that when I didn't have access to watch other places than on my phone, I had to use the browser instead of the app. The app didn't have the ability to go back and forward in the video and I couldn't pause to see where I'm at and carry on later, it always started from beginning

Japé
19th January 2020, 07:48
Samsung WRC+ TV App was full of bugs and could not be used properly in last 2 years. Most of the bugs are quite clearly somehow related to authentication if user is subscribed or not. It might be that that before the publishing (+ during the rallies) no one tests and monitors WRC TV apps in real use with different device manufactures and models. Plus if someone would like to help WRC GmbH with problems, the WRC GmbH customer support don't have any knowledge and they don't allow customer to discuss directly with the company who is responsible for creating the TV apps. It is ridiculous. At least this is how it used to be in the past, hopefully it is improved now.

+ if they have now updated the TV app, it does not sound good risk management to update the WRC+ TV App 3 days before the season start when the hype is highest. They should changed the development cycle so that most risky updates will be published midway of the season.

AnttiL
20th January 2020, 07:02
Is Colin leaving the WRC+ team?

https://twitter.com/voiceofrally/status/1218820586329247745
https://twitter.com/voiceofrally/status/1219132448673554433

EDIT: Just found out he's going to report for DirtFish https://www.dirtfish.com/pressroom/welcome-to-dirtfish-rallys-new-home/
https://www.dirtfish.com/rally/colin-clark-why-ive-come-to-dirtfish/

So what will I be doing? Well much as it’s always a bit challenging to get started, I really enjoy writing, so you’ll regularly be reading my thoughts on what’s going on in the rally world. From events you’ll be getting behind the scenes videos, previews, podcasts and analysis pieces.

Off event there will be a regular podcast every two weeks with some of the most respected names in rally offering their opinions on all the hot topics of the day. And of course, you’ll be able to catch up with my rally monologues at my Thoughts from the Kitchen Table series on DirtFish.

AnttiL
20th January 2020, 07:11
Also see this thread

https://twitter.com/BenConsty/status/1218828774281830400

EstWRC
20th January 2020, 07:19
Also see this thread

https://twitter.com/BenConsty/status/1218828774281830400

So Thursday evening they will launch new things? Good luck to them then.

I just don’t have enough words how bad the marketing is for wrc+ and also for the whole series.

AnttiL
20th January 2020, 07:26
I wish they could get Andrew Coley. He substituted Desborough on Tour de Corse last year and those highlights were just level above.

cali
20th January 2020, 07:33
Looks like DirtFish is heavily investing. Thou I liked Colin at the stage ends, not so much behind his kitchen table mostly because his analysis were way off from the reality. But good luck anyways!

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

AnttiL
20th January 2020, 07:37
his analysis were way off from the reality.

Cannot agree. Obviously there's opinions and speculations which may fail, but also very much some correctly anticipated things.

tr4m
20th January 2020, 07:48
So Thursday evening they will launch new things? Good luck to them then.

This. Basically every new release (be that a new feature or just bugfixes), I scratch my head and wonder who's the product manager and how on earth did they get the job. Changes are good, changes are necessary but to introduce product breaking changes mid-event is just beyond acceptable. Obviously there are times where these can't be avoided, but there's been just handful of events in the past 3 years (totaling around 40 events) where the platform worked without any update-related breakdowns (or I just didn't notice).

AnttiL
20th January 2020, 07:57
I don't know how you came to the conclusion that what Ben said means that the app or system will be updated on Thursday. He said "I hope you're watching on Thursday eve". To me it means that there will be something different in the content that we will see.

AndyRAC
20th January 2020, 08:49
I just don’t have enough words how bad the marketing is for wrc+ and also for the whole series.

They've basically put all their eggs in the WRC All Live basket.....(which is almost understandable) but there is very little coverage not behind a paywall. And, I don't know if it's just a UK thing, but you still see comments not knowing were to watch WRC coverage.....

theracingelf
20th January 2020, 09:33
I don't know how you came to the conclusion that what Ben said means that the app or system will be updated on Thursday. He said "I hope you're watching on Thursday eve". To me it means that there will be something different in the content that we will see.

That's true but I too fear we will be looking at a rotating GPS map instead of live pictures of the rally when they say things like that though. Their track record isn't exactly great when it comes to things like this. (same applies to F1 and their streaming or timing products btw)

AnttiL
20th January 2020, 09:44
That's true but I too fear we will be looking at a rotating GPS map instead of live pictures of the rally when they say things like that though. Their track record isn't exactly great when it comes to things like this.

Changing on-screen personnel or the concept of the program has nothing to do with technical issues. I agree that they should find ways to rectify them, but I also understand that sending live coverage from the mountains of Monte Carlo is not a cakewalk.

Fast Eddie WRC
20th January 2020, 09:55
Looks like DirtFish is heavily investing. Thou I liked Colin at the stage ends, not so much behind his kitchen table mostly because his analysis were way off from the reality. But good luck anyways!

Quite the opposite for me. Neverliked his stage ends... his accent was too grating for the poor audio. But I like his Kitchen Table.

tr4m
20th January 2020, 11:26
Changing on-screen personnel or the concept of the program has nothing to do with technical issues. I agree that they should find ways to rectify them, but I also understand that sending live coverage from the mountains of Monte Carlo is not a cakewalk.
The technical changes are coming as well, we got the first indication of it on the Monte preview video on WRC Plus, where they had replaced green with orange. And if you take a look at this post https://www.instagram.com/p/B7imBbdIUGw/ you can see at the end of video, the application is receiving a facelift at the very least.

AnttiL
20th January 2020, 11:34
The technical changes are coming as well, we got the first indication of it on the Monte preview video on WRC Plus, where they had replaced green with orange. And if you take a look at this post https://www.instagram.com/p/B7imBbdIUGw/ you can see at the end of video, the application is receiving a facelift at the very least.

Changing graphics or the application UI has nothing to do with the technical updates relating to connection problems.

tr4m
20th January 2020, 11:50
Changing graphics or the application UI has nothing to do with the technical updates relating to connection problems.

I was talking about the service-breaking issues in general, not just "the rotating map". The connection issues I can totally understand, especially when the event takes place in mountains or thick forests. Issues like these are being dealt with and have become a long way, but they still break the entire application with other technical changes. What's the use of good and stable connection when the application doesn't allow you to log in, randomly logs you out or refuses to connect to the stream in the first place because there's some exception in the code. And the latter is what's been annoying me for as long as I have used wrc plus.

AnttiL
20th January 2020, 12:19
I was talking about the service-breaking issues in general, not just "the rotating map". The connection issues I can totally understand, especially when the event takes place in mountains or thick forests. Issues like these are being dealt with and have become a long way, but they still break the entire application with other technical changes. What's the use of good and stable connection when the application doesn't allow you to log in, randomly logs you out or refuses to connect to the stream in the first place because there's some exception in the code. And the latter is what's been annoying me for as long as I have used wrc plus.

Again, this is purely "backend" stuff with the login servers and streams. All the "frontend stuff" like changing colors or UI doesn't depend on that.

And of course the issues always start during Monte, because you can't really test this app before it goes out live.

Eli
20th January 2020, 14:37
Anyone else having issues with trying to log in to their WRC+ account? seems like the site is down, and even the app is having trouble.....not looking too good for 2020 WRC season....

AnttiL
20th January 2020, 14:42
Anyone else having issues with trying to log in to their WRC+ account? seems like the site is down, and even the app is having trouble.....not looking too good for 2020 WRC season....

I had that trouble some weeks ago on the iOS app...and then it just started working some weeks later. And it has worked all the time on my desktop browser. And it works now as well.

Portimao
20th January 2020, 14:44

Yep

Http/1.1 Service Unavailable

V.Gatev
20th January 2020, 15:18
WRC site is brand new and there will be brand new site for All live too. I guess they upload it now.

EstWRC
20th January 2020, 15:36
WRC site is brand new and there will be brand new site for All live too. I guess they upload it now.

indeed https://www.wrc.com/en/editor-tree/season-2020/wrcplus/all-new-wrccom-2020/

Portimao
20th January 2020, 15:52
I see there is Full HD live coverage. I like it, but onboards are so low bitrate, that it looks like 360p.

EstWRC
20th January 2020, 15:57
https://www.wrc.com/en/identity-management/info/

it also seems from the live maps pics that we will see where the splits are, thats a very welcomed thing

cali
20th January 2020, 16:27
Cannot agree. Obviously there's opinions and speculations which may fail, but also very much some correctly anticipated things.So I guess you forgot already his grandiose predictions how Evans was a clear WDC threat in 2018 etc. I don't have time to dig up his all his blabbering. For my eyes he lost any credibility long time ago now he is just another entertainer.

AnttiL
20th January 2020, 16:30
So I guess you forgot already his grandiose predictions how Evans was a clear WDC threat in 2018 etc. I don't have time to dig up his all his blabbering. For my eyes he lost any credibility long time ago now he is just another entertainer.

Who knew it better? Many on this forum said Toyota wouldn’t have a chance and Citroen would be the best car in 2017.

cali
20th January 2020, 16:41
Who knew it better? Many on this forum said Toyota wouldn’t have a chance and Citroen would be the best car in 2017.There's more than just that piece of information he fed to us. After a while I just could not listen to him anymore. I just think a person who is so involved in the sport should be more spot on. Otherwise I can read local journalists who anyway do not have any kind of clue.
But OK, this topic is about Wrc+ and I for one will miss his stage end presence unless they can get Andrew Coley to replace him :D

Rallyper
20th January 2020, 17:11
Seems it´s mandatory to change password. I tried but can´t login after changing it...

Hope they get it together before wednesday.

SubaruNorway
20th January 2020, 17:15
Works for me now, seems like they have removed the option to run two feeds or compare two drivers

Kradovech
20th January 2020, 17:19
Works for me now, seems like they have removed the option to run two feeds or compare two drivers
That is strange, I get redirected to www.wrc.com, so i figured plus.wrc is still down. If you have access, it must be an error for me. Hope they get it fixed in time

EstWRC
20th January 2020, 17:22
you have to login now through wrc.com

i can login but after that it says my subscription isnt active although i just renewed it on saturday....

er88
20th January 2020, 17:24
Will you still be able to watch it on two different devices at the same time? Ie mobile and laptop?

Rallyper
20th January 2020, 17:25
you have to login now through wrc.com

i can login but after that it says my subscription isnt active although i just renewed it on saturday....

Yep. I´m there too. And can´t renew my subscription. Just being redirected to wrc.com. I´ll wait for another 24h...

Fast Eddie WRC
20th January 2020, 18:15
Hmmm, I think for Monte-Carlo I'll watch AllLive on BT Sport and wait for all the login/subscription/App issues to be resolved...

Fast Eddie WRC
20th January 2020, 18:30
Great news though ... PURE SOUND AUDIO IS NOW AVAILABLE !!

cali
20th January 2020, 18:36
Great news though ... PURE SOUND AUDIO IS NOW AVAILABLE !!Where did you read this?

Fast Eddie WRC
20th January 2020, 18:39
It's on the new website: :D

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EOv0_pfW4AAHagM?format=jpg&name=small

satnav
20th January 2020, 19:40
I changed my password and got logged in ok , there's just a slight problem it now states I haven't got an active subscription ,even though I was caught for the full 89.99 in November...…… I don't think they'll be getting paid twice …… , already sent an email to support

EstWRC
20th January 2020, 19:58
I changed my password and got logged in ok , there's just a slight problem it now states I haven't got an active subscription ,even though I was caught for the full 89.99 in November...…… I don't think they'll be getting paid twice …… , already sent an email to support

Lots of people having this problem, including me. More patience I guess

E: as I wrote it got solved for me. Pretty quick for their standards.

Portimao
20th January 2020, 21:20
I have no subscription since november but it says ACTIVE lol, and everything works. Hope it's gonna last for few more days at least :D

TypeR
21st January 2020, 07:07
only WRC+ can do this.. Launch new website with updates just before the season starts.. aand it's so slow, has many issues/bugs + ugly colors. Monte WRC+ AllLive should be free to use.. don't want to spend the weekend chatting with user support etc

HarriK
21st January 2020, 07:24
Any promo codes valid now?

Katvala
21st January 2020, 09:38
only WRC+ can do this.. Launch new website with updates just before the season starts.. aand it's so slow, has many issues/bugs + ugly colors. Monte WRC+ AllLive should be free to use.. don't want to spend the weekend chatting with user support etcBad timing sure, but the rally hasn't started yet. At least give them till rally start before concluding. They aren't done yet.

AnttiL
21st January 2020, 10:17
iOS app is now also updated

er88
21st January 2020, 10:32
Will you still be able to watch it on two different devices at the same time? Ie mobile and laptop?Does anyone know? Was a big plus being able to watch the splits/tracker etc on mobile while also watching it on my laptop/tv.

EstWRC
21st January 2020, 10:37
Does anyone know? Was a big plus being able to watch the splits/tracker etc on mobile while also watching it on my laptop/tv.

At the moment no because there isn’t live maps anymore in the app. At least for now.

I got the update for the app already yesterday but it basically didn’t work at all. Today it’s working so maybe they will add later live maps there?

Fast Eddie WRC
21st January 2020, 10:41
Android app now tells you to update to the latest version but then it downloads the old one !!

tr4m
21st January 2020, 10:46
Again, this is purely "backend" stuff with the login servers and streams. All the "frontend stuff" like changing colors or UI doesn't depend on that.

And of course the issues always start during Monte, because you can't really test this app before it goes out live.

I will stop spamming this thread with this last reply. Frontend is not just "UI" and "colors", especially in their case as they were and still are using a single-page application with Vue.js meaning the entire web application is dependent on one single javascript file. That one file is responsible for both rotating the news slider at the top of homepage as well as making login/stream/etc requests to the backend and actually allowing users to receive content. So one faulty piece of code can easily break the entire application or a huge part of unrelated functionality. I know this first hand, as frontend developer I too have broken my fair share of things. The examples I brought out with login and connection have been frontend issues, as the requests sent from frontend were faulty (missing headers, broken payloads etc, jquery conflicts or undefined variables, which is the most common). These are the issues that bother me the most, because often enough they are so simple to fix, that I can do it even via browsers devtools myself, yet the issues go unfixed for weeks.

Regarding the testing - the only thing you can't really test is the signal and request load, everything else you can and should test "anywhere, anytime", there's no excuse.

Finishing up by going back to the start - there's no UI change that big that goes without any change to the functionality. And as you can see from their updated site, there's a lot that has been changed.

End of rant, sorry to everyone.

SubaruNorway
21st January 2020, 10:54
Android app now tells you to update to the latest version but then it downloads the old one !!
Works if you uninstall, install then open the app again and then the update should be in Google play

er88
21st January 2020, 10:54
At the moment no because there isn’t live maps anymore in the app. At least for now.

I got the update for the app already yesterday but it basically didn’t work at all. Today it’s working so maybe they will add later live maps there?Hopefully so. To bring out an update but take away live maps and the ability to watch on numerous devices at the same time, would be annoying.

SubaruNorway
21st January 2020, 11:02
Does anyone know? Was a big plus being able to watch the splits/tracker etc on mobile while also watching it on my laptop/tv.

You could before also as long as you didn't change the page after logging in again

Fast Eddie WRC
21st January 2020, 11:05
Works if you uninstall, install then open the app again and then the update should be in Google play

Sorted, cheers mate.

Was going to leave the app to settle down but Pure Sound is too good to miss !

AnttiL
21st January 2020, 11:42
I will stop spamming this thread with this last reply. Frontend is not just "UI" and "colors", especially in their case as they were and still are using a single-page application with Vue.js meaning the entire web application is dependent on one single javascript file. That one file is responsible for both rotating the news slider at the top of homepage as well as making login/stream/etc requests to the backend and actually allowing users to receive content. So one faulty piece of code can easily break the entire application or a huge part of unrelated functionality. I know this first hand, as frontend developer I too have broken my fair share of things. The examples I brought out with login and connection have been frontend issues, as the requests sent from frontend were faulty (missing headers, broken payloads etc, jquery conflicts or undefined variables, which is the most common). These are the issues that bother me the most, because often enough they are so simple to fix, that I can do it even via browsers devtools myself, yet the issues go unfixed for weeks.

Regarding the testing - the only thing you can't really test is the signal and request load, everything else you can and should test "anywhere, anytime", there's no excuse.

Finishing up by going back to the start - there's no UI change that big that goes without any change to the functionality. And as you can see from their updated site, there's a lot that has been changed.

End of rant, sorry to everyone.

I'm also a developer and I know what you mean.

But the point was that when we see "the rotating map", it's the director's choice, because the other feeds failed to produce content because of other problems. This has nothing to do with the UI, the frontend, or the app.

Also, a part of the login issues were caused by the login servers failing with capacity, but I wasn't aware of missing headers.

It's true that every time you update something, you're prone to breaking something, and you can also do simulated runs to test, but the real life is still always unexpected.

Sorry for making you angry :)

Rallyper
21st January 2020, 12:52
Seems it´s mandatory to change password. I tried but can´t login after changing it...

Hope they get it together before wednesday.

After new try today, it worked. I think the procedure is a bit confusing. However now I can log in properly.

theracingelf
21st January 2020, 13:53
Tried to open the Smart TV app on my Samsung TV and it gives me the following message:

Dear WRC+ User,

We are currently updating our Smart TV applications, which may create some disruptions with the current service.
For the time being, please use the official website www.WRC.com and offcial Apps on your smartphone to access all content and features.
We apologise for the inconvenience.
For any requests or questions related to your account, pleas contact WRC+ support at support@service-plus.wrc.com

They had all the time to update their apps and systems in the off-season but they decide to do it exactly at the start of the season...

lankey555
21st January 2020, 20:21
Where is the radio??? Hope they have not axed it!!!

satnav
21st January 2020, 21:52
Got an email tonight and got my subscription back , crazy idea changing everything a few days before the season starts in my opinion.

SubaruNorway
21st January 2020, 22:21
How do you make the app not go into screensaver which does now after update?
Pretty sure it's a setting for it without setting your screensaver time but can't find it right now on android

Andre Oliveira
22nd January 2020, 08:11
Portugal

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EO35dtrW4AI8L25?format=jpg&name=medium

Andre Oliveira
22nd January 2020, 08:12
France

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EO35adQWoAAFME0?format=jpg&name=medium

Henryfiles
22nd January 2020, 08:51
I keep trying to ‘restore purchases’ but it says ‘sorry, not working try again later’ ?

Oscar Cibie
22nd January 2020, 09:17
After having the site tell me that I had no subscription since Monday, I can now log on & all seems to be fine this morning.

I think they must be having a few teething troubles that they are currently resolving.

tonis_t
22nd January 2020, 09:20
Timetable is really lousy. Things are over lapping and you are unable to make sense, what is happening.
Like the break 21:15-??
and ST???? 23:15-??
What a bad layout19111911

Henryfiles
22nd January 2020, 09:22
Where previously I was on auto renewal of the yearly subscription. Is there a possibility that due to the format change, we have to renew our subscription manually ?

Fast Eddie WRC
22nd January 2020, 09:31
UK Subscription:

Yr £95.99 / Mth £9.49

T16
22nd January 2020, 10:03
UK Subscription:

Yr £95.99 / Mth £9.49

I only paid £8. Wonder if that's because I had an account already?

Henryfiles
22nd January 2020, 14:24
Back to it’s shocking ways-staring at a satellite picture

theracingelf
22nd January 2020, 14:27
Back to it’s shocking ways-staring at a satellite picture

Hopefully tomorrow will be better when they have helicopters in the air because this is appalling...

Mirek
22nd January 2020, 14:27
How do you change the stream quality in the mobile app now? I see only a possibility to change the commentary.

Henryfiles
22nd January 2020, 14:28
Seems to be slightly better now

Andre Oliveira
22nd January 2020, 15:00
The payment difference is between website and app.

meh
22nd January 2020, 15:13
How do you make the app not go into screensaver which does now after update?
Pretty sure it's a setting for it without setting your screensaver time but can't find it right now on android

Did you find that setting? I met this annoying thing now...

T16
22nd January 2020, 15:28
The payment difference is between website and app.

Thanks for that! Had no idea.
Edit: can anyone explain the difference please? Does this mean I can’t watch using safari browser on my phone when connected to a mobile network (as opposed to WiFi)? Thanks..

gps-monkey
22nd January 2020, 18:36
Paid today morning for a month subscription and nothing changed until now. Still a free user.

F*cking buggy app and service.

EstWRC
22nd January 2020, 19:03
good news, the app updated again today and now there is live maps and onboards too like it used to be.

Farbar1
22nd January 2020, 19:57
I am in Australia and previously I could see the itinerary in my local time including the day (eg +1). That seems to have disappeared and it now just shows me a time. I have to try to work out what day that is in Australia. Not saying that I can't work it out but it will get a bit confusing at times and it would be nice if it went back to showing the day.

Katvala
22nd January 2020, 20:08
I am in Australia and previously I could see the itinerary in my local time including the day (eg +1). That seems to have disappeared and it now just shows me a time. I have to try to work out what day that is in Australia. Not saying that I can't work it out but it will get a bit confusing at times and it would be nice if it went back to showing the day.On browser under all live section you can flip a switch between local time and your time. It doesn't save though, and you'll have to change it every time you update page

SubaruNorway
22nd January 2020, 20:19
Or just under itinerary both on app and browser, it says your time and rally time top right also. Ewrc doesn't show your time on the phone i think
https://www.wrc.com/en/wrcplus/live-timing/
https://www.ewrc-results.com/timetable/59972-rallye-automobile-de-monte-carlo-2020/

DocMS
22nd January 2020, 20:29
Anyone any hassle with login on firestick? Doesnt recognise mine. Works on tablet amd phone but not the firestick?

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

doubled1978
22nd January 2020, 20:35
Anyone any hassle with login on firestick? Doesnt recognise mine. Works on tablet amd phone but not the firestick?

When I tried the app on my smart tv it gave a message about the TV apps not yet being updated, and to use website or iPad etc.

SubaruNorway
22nd January 2020, 20:35
Did you find that setting? I met this annoying thing now...

Seems to be fixed if you go and update it now

DocMS
22nd January 2020, 20:42
Seems its not yet compatible 1913

Farbar1
22nd January 2020, 21:38
On browser under all live section you can flip a switch between local time and your time. It doesn't save though, and you'll have to change it every time you update page

Yes but it still doesn't show the relative day like it did previously.

flat_right
23rd January 2020, 07:57
Has WRC rally radio really died? Would be a shame! I have had all live all the time but there are places where rally radio has been really handy. Like working outside, driving with car etc...

Fast Eddie WRC
23rd January 2020, 09:35
Has WRC rally radio really died? Would be a shame! I have had all live all the time but there are places where rally radio has been really handy. Like working outside, driving with car etc...

Seems so, forcing people to All Live.

Shame as it was handy to listen to in bed when stages started really early, like 5am UK.

Fast Eddie WRC
23rd January 2020, 09:58
Big news !!

Chromecast is now enabled on the Android app !! :)

TanelP
23rd January 2020, 11:08
Iphone app has a glitch when using bluetooth speakers. Screen goes black but sound comes through. App seems to think that Im using either apple airplay or chromecast.
Sent an e-mail to support but havent recieved any feedback from them.

flat_right
23rd January 2020, 13:00
Has anyone seen onboard feature in app? I somehow can't find it.

P.T.L
23rd January 2020, 15:13
I like that now i can cast from app to chromecast and don’t have to occupy son’s laptop anymore.

SubaruNorway
23rd January 2020, 15:32
Has anyone seen onboard feature in app? I somehow can't find it.

Under more, bottom right

mknight
23rd January 2020, 16:20
The speed indicator disappeared from the live maps?

If it stays like this also for stage it would be much harder to tell whether a driver has stopped or it's just a GPS glitch.

EstWRC
23rd January 2020, 16:46
why the hell they did so, unbelievable, at the moment it indeed doesnt show the speed

mknight
23rd January 2020, 16:48
Well now you also can't see the drivers doing 170+ on road sections when they are late.

TypeR
23rd January 2020, 16:54
That would really suck, if it will stay that way.. It was one of the best things to look at while watching live map..

SubaruNorway
23rd January 2020, 17:03
They have a different map where it goes red when a car stops i think it is

erikli2
23rd January 2020, 17:22
Well this started off well.

Fast Eddie WRC
23rd January 2020, 17:24
All Live on the android app working well on Chromecast... :)

Tauri_J
23rd January 2020, 17:40
Maybe they wont show the speed on liasons...

Fast Eddie WRC
23rd January 2020, 17:42
Is the stream breaking up or is it my Chromecast ?

EstWRC
23rd January 2020, 17:43
Breaking up

KKS
23rd January 2020, 17:43
All have digit lags on stream?

Tauri_J
23rd January 2020, 17:47
No problems here.

er88
23rd January 2020, 17:50
Watched on BT sport - no breakup of stream or anything on there. Hopefully the WRC+ app and website can hold up - but I won't be trusting it tonight.

EstWRC
23rd January 2020, 18:01
one guy in estonian forum sayin it shows him speed around the name on map...

Tauri_J
23rd January 2020, 18:06
These eSports drivers still look like the worst drivers ever.

Katvala
23rd January 2020, 18:16
They crash all the time

Fast Eddie WRC
23rd January 2020, 18:22
Boss of WRC TV All Live on this new podcast about 40 mins in:

https://open.spotify.com/episode/3fuoewXT3XnwSwNmbb4hIE?si=QcApV1JATtyN56HexlcDKg

Myrvold
23rd January 2020, 18:35
These eSports drivers still look like the worst drivers ever.

It's the the usual eSports drivers though, but youtubers etc. of a certain size that covers rally/racing games. Not the same level at all.

mistral206
23rd January 2020, 18:36
one guy in estonian forum sayin it shows him speed around the name on map...Here it ishttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200123/0ee2b7081384967ba506397acc278f4f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

EstWRC
23rd January 2020, 18:37
what the? what browser etc you are using?

mistral206
23rd January 2020, 18:41
what the? what browser etc you are using?CHROME, before 1 login I cleared all cookies and disabled Ad block. And it works perfectly.

Eli
23rd January 2020, 18:45
for some reason it won't let me use mirror casting for the app.... so annoying

Katvala
23rd January 2020, 18:45
Chrome didn't work for me today, had to launch Explorer internet

mknight
23rd January 2020, 18:48
CHROME, before 1 login I cleared all cookies and disabled Ad block. And it works perfectly.

Doesn't work for me, not in Chrome and not in Edge either.

TypeR
23rd January 2020, 18:52
retarded thing with the speed thing..

Fast Eddie WRC
23rd January 2020, 18:58
Ha ha, I can turn off Jon Desborough !! :D

Oliverk
23rd January 2020, 19:01
No way to see stage length also? Who made this shit.

flat_right
23rd January 2020, 19:08
Boss of WRC TV All Live on this new podcast about 40 mins in:

https://open.spotify.com/episode/3fuoewXT3XnwSwNmbb4hIE?si=QcApV1JATtyN56HexlcDKg

was there anything good or notable?

Portimao
23rd January 2020, 19:27
I don't know this stage-end girl but she seems so amateur

er88
23rd January 2020, 19:43
Jesus, new stage end girl asks Mads where he lost the time....

Timmy
23rd January 2020, 19:45
Unbelievable. What kind of a recruiting or training program do they have if the person doing stage end interviews doesn't know the difference between classes. What a joke.

Portimao
23rd January 2020, 19:56
What kind of a recruiting or training program do they have if the person doing stage end interviews doesn't know the difference between classes. What a joke.

Just to remind you, all of the female WRClive presenters were, or are pregnant ;)

Sulland
23rd January 2020, 20:32
Idea btw stages: put a camera in one or both course cars, so we can see the condition in the next stage. Minimal cost, but will give the audience an idea of what is ahead.

They could even give the course cars their own channel.

SubaruNorway
23rd January 2020, 20:35
Idea btw stages: put a camera in one or both course cars, so we can see the condition in the next stage. Minimal cost, but will give the audience an idea of what is ahead.

They could even give the course cars their own channel.

The kit they use is 150.000€ for each car...

reff92
23rd January 2020, 20:44
I am the only one who order montly subscription two days ago and payd 8.99 and now they taked additiona 89.99 ? WTF IS GOING ON WITH THAT SHIT?

GravelBen
23rd January 2020, 21:33
Imagine how good WRC promotion could be if someone even borderline competent was in charge?

I thought I would check live text and timing to see how it is going (not planning to pay for WRC+ this year) ... but no, for the big first rally of the year the 'updated' WRC website seems to be broken with no live information at all.

So I try the WRC app (which has had 3 updates in the last couple of days, nothing like leaving changes to the last minute)... ok some info is there (nothing for WRC2 though so just 6 cars), but you lose about 10mm of screen space to a WRC banner across the top, another 10mm of screen space to buttons across the bottom, and nearly quarter of the remaining info space is blocked off by an ad for WRC+.

Sometimes you just have to shake your head!

steve.mandzij
23rd January 2020, 21:36
Imagine how good WRC promotion could be if someone even borderline competent was in charge?

I thought I would check live text and timing to see how it is going (not planning to pay for WRC+ this year) ... but no, for the big first rally of the year the 'updated' WRC website seems to be broken with no live information at all.

So I try the WRC app (which has had 3 updates in the last couple of days, nothing like leaving changes to the last minute)... ok some info is there (nothing for WRC2 though so just 6 cars), but you lose about 10mm of screen space to a WRC banner across the top, another 10mm of screen space to buttons across the bottom, and nearly quarter of the remaining info space is blocked off by an ad for WRC+.

Sometimes you just have to shake your head!I want to murder whoever greenlit the redesign because I've never had a less pleasant experience with any app, ever.

GravelBen
23rd January 2020, 21:49
I wouldn't go as far as murder, but putting them in the stocks and throwing rotten fruit at them would certainly be quite justified.

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/06/23/article-1195068-057482EF000005DC-714_468x327.jpg

Sulland
23rd January 2020, 23:29

sounds expensive, but still peanuts for them. They need to be innovative to improve. They save that on CC!

KKS
24th January 2020, 00:43
new season, new era, but we still have 25fps @ 2000kbps bitrate in 2020 :(

OHL
24th January 2020, 06:12
sounds expensive, but still peanuts for them. They need to be innovative to improve. They save that on CC!

The cost of the box is only one issue, and its almost irrelevant. The real problem is the airplane that receives the transmitted on-board signal from the cars. There was an article a little while ago explaining it but I cant find it. What I remember is, It can only receive from the cars that are within a certain distance of it and it usually flies a racetrack pattern over the stage, shifting from start to finish depending on who the director wants to follow. If you wanted to have reliable on-boards from the 0 car which is usually a long distance away, and on-boards from the competing cars at the same time, you would need to have to have a second plane flying. Of course there are other ways to send an on-board signal like 4g, but it's not an option in Monte and also not an option in a lot of other rallys.

Edit: Here's the article I was thinking of: https://www.roadandtrack.com/motorsports/a23723332/world-rally-championship-behind-the-scenes/
It's a 10km radius the plane can receive from.

AnttiL
24th January 2020, 06:18

You wouldn't need the WRC onboard kit for that, just a simple GoPro would do fine.

Franky
24th January 2020, 06:32
You wouldn't need the WRC onboard kit for that, just a simple GoPro would do fine.

And in a way you don't even the the image to be from any of the zero cars. It can be from a car that passes through the stage like an hour earlier. Wouldn't look as interesting as zero car tho.

Sulland
24th January 2020, 09:07
Do you get the splits to work today?
on SS4 it comes upp with SS3 times bothe on stage 3 and 4 for me.

EstWRC
24th January 2020, 09:20
do some other guys also now have the speed on live maps besides that one estonian guy in the world? :D

Fast Eddie WRC
24th January 2020, 09:36
Can you get No Commentary on re-live videos ?

AnttiL
24th January 2020, 09:36
With a satellite transmitter, 4G through phone wouldn't work most of the time

If it would be from a weather crew car, they would have enough time to send the memory card from the camera to the service park?

Fast Eddie WRC
24th January 2020, 09:40
Another android update...

SubaruNorway
24th January 2020, 09:42
Cloud too low for heli today?

Fast Eddie WRC
24th January 2020, 11:40
Can you get No Commentary on re-live videos ?

Yes you can ! :)

Very happy with the live coverage and catch-up videos from this morning. So good to be able to enjoy the pure sound and concentrate on the action.

OHL
24th January 2020, 11:41
If it would be from a weather crew car, they would have enough time to send the memory card from the camera to the service park?

It needs a person and a car, and that costs something. They would be going like an animal to get footage from every stage, then you need another car. Then you have to ingest the footage, edit it to some interesting point, etc. it all takes time and resources that no one has left spare.
The overall point is it's not nearly as easy as it sounds.

Japé
24th January 2020, 17:03
There is clearly some bigger issues with wrc+ authentication. Seems like login and all live sections are continuously crashing or there is no access to these sections, so that you could even login/logout.

Google Chrome gives:
"Gateway Timeout
The proxy server did not receive a timely response from the upstream server."

Fast Eddie WRC
24th January 2020, 17:40
https://www.autosport.com/wrc/feature/9844/how-the-wrc-backstage-army-delivers-its-live-coverage

T16
24th January 2020, 18:38
Is there a problem with the website, anyone know? I can't get on to plus at all.

gps-monkey
24th January 2020, 20:14
2 days ago I've paid 1 month subscription and it isn't activated yet.. Support don't mind to answer to my mails.

F*cking bunch of amateurs... I'm really pissed off...

SubaruNorway
24th January 2020, 21:41
Wonder what's taking the broadcast so long, hasn't been anything on Eurosport in Norway either.

Edit: It's under the news section now...

KKS
24th January 2020, 23:56
Very good job from Abi this day. More relaxed and more professional than past season. Really enjoy how she doing. Hope that they keep her for all rallys of the season.

cancan
25th January 2020, 01:56
Glad i paid 89 euro to watch the free redbull coverage cos the dam highlights dont show up in wrcplus.
What were they thinking doing a launch like this b4 the first event....
Stupidity of the highest order.....

Portimao
25th January 2020, 05:12
Meantime in the WRC All Live headquarters:

- Boss, we have good, and bad news!
- What's tha good news?
- We have launch a new website!
- And the bad news?
- It doesn't work.

;)

AnttiL
25th January 2020, 06:07
Glad i paid 89 euro to watch the free redbull coverage cos the dam highlights dont show up in wrcplus.
What were they thinking doing a launch like this b4 the first event....
Stupidity of the highest order.....

On the website, news and then video...

Katvala
25th January 2020, 07:14
It works for me on my pc. On my tablet I gave up cause it wouldn't sign in

EstWRC
25th January 2020, 08:07
still nothing showing the speeds for me although they sent me a mail yesterday they solved it

lol

KKS
25th January 2020, 08:39
"Finnish team of nobody's"©

Rallyper
25th January 2020, 09:33
The guy mixing pictures on All Live is a nut.

At around 9:15 there is a nasty bump. And he clipped just before Katsuta passed...

RS
25th January 2020, 09:48
WRC could do to up their Youtube game, nearly 12 noon on day three of the rally and they only have three videos up, two of which are crashes.

Fast Eddie WRC
25th January 2020, 10:39
I'm really happy with the All Live re-launch.

No problems on the app or website here, plus chromecast enabled and love the no commentary option.

mknight
25th January 2020, 11:25
Nice move that Alllive is showing either car service directly or live picture from the service park area. That's something multiple people were asking last year and it just helps setting the atmosphere and seeing the weather/conditions around. Hope they keep it for rest of the year.

(I have it on as a background while I am doing something completely different in the same room)

deephouse
25th January 2020, 12:07
Mine WRC+ is doing fine until I start watching another "video stream" then it crashes to Error 404. Refresh and again doing fine.

Sulland
25th January 2020, 13:06
If WRC+ do not get in end of stage people that knows the first thing about driving a rallycar, I will end my subscription. When driver after driver look at you with a "what did you ask me" they need to have a look in their journalistic mirror, asking " am I in the right job"

Why all these girls with no experience and basic understanding?
Get in real motorsport people, amateur drivers or something!!!

This is just embarrasing to listen to!

Päss1928
25th January 2020, 13:07
(I have it on as a background while I am doing something completely different in the same room)

Dirty boy.

Fast Eddie WRC
25th January 2020, 13:09
Nice move that Alllive is showing either car service directly or live picture from the service park area. That's something multiple people were asking last year and it just helps setting the atmosphere and seeing the weather/conditions around. Hope they keep it for rest of the year.

Where is this live SP stream ?

Fast Eddie WRC
25th January 2020, 13:11
One problem with the app.. when casting the video is always the Eng language stream, cant get the No Comms stream to cast. :(

Barreis
25th January 2020, 13:38
no ss12 live on wrc+?

Eli
25th January 2020, 14:55
no ss12 live on wrc+?

It was live...

Barreis
25th January 2020, 17:13
It was live...

just watching :)

RS
25th January 2020, 18:31
WRC could do to up their Youtube game, nearly 12 noon on day three of the rally and they only have three videos up, two of which are crashes.

Now two more videos, but nothing from WRC2/3 other than a 7 second clip of Scandola’s crash.

mknight
25th January 2020, 18:34
Where is this live SP stream ?

During the mid-day break when nothing was going on vid from SP was on most of the time, without commentary.

theracingelf
26th January 2020, 08:30
I find the "all live" stages way better that the "TV" stages. No pointless replays of the start, we see more of the actual driving, picture-in-picture interviews at stage-end and a better stage-end interviewer. Embarrassing. really

AnttiL
26th January 2020, 08:48
I find the "all live" stages way better that the "TV" stages. No pointless replays of the start, we see more of the actual driving, picture-in-picture interviews at stage-end and a better stage-end interviewer. Embarrassing. really

That's just a more "entertaining" format, more targeted to the average Joe. For example in Finland the TV stages are shown on free national television. The audience is far from hardcore rally fans who are willing to pay 9 euros a month to watch all stages live.

Still, I'm happy that they do these TV stages.

EstWRC
26th January 2020, 08:56
because nobody answered im asking again, lol

do some of you now have the speed of the drivers on the livemaps?

AnttiL
26th January 2020, 09:00
I'm curious to know why you find following livemaps interesting? So you can find out about someone being stopped on the stage a minute before Becs tells us on All Live? Of course it's interesting to follow if someone has had an issue, whether he's stopped on the liaison or moving again, but during the stages, All Live reports so well that I don't find a reason to look elsewhere.

EstWRC
26th January 2020, 09:04
well people are different.

i follow the splits also there from the little side window and the splits are there far faster than on ALLLIVe, ALLLive is also 34-40 sec behind real time., you see immediately when someone has the speed 0km/h. On many occasions it takes for the commentators like 2-3 minutes to notice that something has happened.

deephouse
26th January 2020, 09:10
Man this time during finish and stop line and when they show how drivers tak their helmets off. It's too much and then actual action is far more cutted than it should be. Better to show few more R5 cars instead of this

AnttiL
26th January 2020, 09:14
Man this time during finish and stop line and when they show how drivers tak their helmets off. It's too much and then actual action is far more cutted than it should be. Better to show few more R5 cars instead of this

LOL, how would they transfer the helmet taking time in the middle of the broadcast to showing R5 cars when none of them has already even started the stage?

And one again, there's only a couple onboard camera kits available for R5 cars. There's like 15 of them in total and they cost about 100k euros.

AnttiL
26th January 2020, 09:15
On many occasions it takes for the commentators like 2-3 minutes to notice that something has happened.

So the only thing you gain is that you know someone's issue 2-3 minutes earlier? :)

I understand people are different, but I just wanted to know.

I tried the live map some time but the splits were so different that I didn't find it logical, but I guess that's down to what anyone's accustomed to.

KKS
26th January 2020, 09:16
because nobody answered im asking again, lol

do some of you now have the speed of the drivers on the livemaps?
They still send it, but on new interface just ignore that data
http://i.piccy.info/i9/a4caddb7b9380bc1ef695b2310a3fd2f/1580032582/103711/1358559/pppe.png

EstWRC
26th January 2020, 09:20
So the only thing you gain is that you know someone's issue 2-3 minutes earlier? :)

I understand people are different, but I just wanted to know.

I tried the live map some time but the splits were so different that I didn't find it logical, but I guess that's down to what anyone's accustomed to.

now im curious about this, how they are different and compare to what?

deephouse
26th January 2020, 09:20
It's all connected. Half a minute or even more could be shown in little window in corner like in almost all stages (not regular live TV clips). Then switched to drivers who are driving. When last of WRC cars finish it's quite logical to continue with R5 who by the way there were like 3 or more on the road already. Capish...

About camera kits. There is manufaturers involved in WRC2 championship and all of them want good sales and exposure. When there is millions involved I think that few k's doesn't mean anything to them.

AnttiL
26th January 2020, 09:49
now im curious about this, how they are different and compare to what?

The tables were aligned in a different way and the split points were on their own pages instead of all on the same. I might also remember incorrectly, it's probably two years since I tried that. I've used the Michelin Motorsport splits for the past two years.

AnttiL
26th January 2020, 09:50
About camera kits. There is manufaturers involved in WRC2 championship and all of them want good sales and exposure. When there is millions involved I think that few k's doesn't mean anything to them.

Hmm, interesting, could a manufacturer buy their own camera kit? Would they want to spend worth half a car in that?

EstWRC
26th January 2020, 09:56
The tables were aligned in a different way and the split points were on their own pages instead of all on the same. I might also remember incorrectly, it's probably two years since I tried that. I've used the Michelin Motorsport splits for the past two years.

okay.like i said, to each their own.

i have loved the live maps from the beginning. I just get the whole picture from there, i follow all the drivers and their speeds, the splits are fast there, overall reults are there, stage times. i get all the things from one place.

and then i have allive in the second tab opened.

AnttiL
26th January 2020, 10:00
okay.like i said, to each their own.

i have loved the live maps from the beginning. I just get the whole picture from there, i follow all the drivers and their speeds, the splits are fast there, overall reults are there, stage times. i get all the things from one place.

and then i have allive in the second tab opened.

For me the maximum setup has been All Live on TV; splits in a phone screen and laptop for discussion forums and twitter :D Sometimes I just watch the broadcast and resist any interruptions.

Eli
26th January 2020, 10:20
Am I the only one here who's annoyed by the fact that they haven't started broadcasting the stage on time and to add salt to injury they aren't showing the lower WRC2/3 category even though the next stage only starts at 12:18(CET). Yet they start broadcasting at 12, with them just giving a recap of the past 3 days, something that every person who has watched at least once today already knows (assuming he or she hasn't gone to e-wrc results or twitter to see what's happened). How can they even say they want to promote the lower categories (WRC2 & WRC3) if they don't even give them their screen time?? Especially annoying considering the fact that the stage is still running and I mean honestly, you could even just put the onboard cameras footage, they are already there, why can't we enjoy the Col de Turini properly because of these bunch of amatuers??
I sincerely hope that by the end of the year, the promoter will see that so many people (hopefully most) watched all live with no commentary that they will kick out Becks & Co. since they only tell us things we usually already know or tell us about an accident which happened half an hour ago (not counting Julian Porter here, since he seems to be the only one who has any idea of what he's on about). After they kick them out, bring some professionals.
Sorry for the long rant, I'm just really pissed off by the treatment of the promoter and WRC All Live, I honestly wouldn't complain if this service was free but since it isn't I would expect them to treat it like pros, and stop telling me that they are waiting to get the picture. This is 2020 now, it's just a disgrace the way they are handling the things at the moment.

Fast Eddie WRC
26th January 2020, 10:27
I got WRC+ to cast to my TV Chromecast with No Commentary. I cast from the video on my PC as it wouldnt do it via the app.

No more Jon Desborough ruining the live TV Stages. :D

Päss1928
26th January 2020, 10:31
Perhaps the solution would be to introduce 2-tier subscriptions. One for the casual viewer with a constant stream with commentary running (as it is now). And a second tier for the hardcore fan with all available feeds that are fully customisable and generally more content that isn't perhaps that interesting to the casual viewer. The second subscription would cost more of course, but the first option could be less than it is now and attract more casual fans.

Eli
26th January 2020, 10:31
I got WRC+ to cast to my TV Chromecast with No Commentary. I cast from the video on my PC as it wouldnt do it via the app.

I also started using the No Commentary option, way better than hearing them, but their level of coverage (video wise) could really be better, I remember some 3 years ago when Tanak had is issues with the fiesta on the Col they had cameras at the end of the stage and now they didn't have them....

Japé
26th January 2020, 10:39
As a small detail, it has been interesting to follow how WRC+ crew has called Takamoto Katsuta during the weekend in stage end interviews, he has been called at least Taka, Taku, Takamoto, Katsu and Katsuta.

Fast Eddie WRC
26th January 2020, 10:57
Now the No Comms cast sound is out of sync... :(

erikli2
26th January 2020, 11:03
Now the No Comms cast sound is out of sync... :(

I´ve had that problem 4-5 times this weekend. You just need to stop the cast and cast the feed again, usually solves it.

RS
26th January 2020, 11:14
Am I the only one here who's annoyed by the fact that they haven't started broadcasting the stage on time and to add salt to injury they aren't showing the lower WRC2/3 category even though the next stage only starts at 12:18(CET). Yet they start broadcasting at 12, with them just giving a recap of the past 3 days, something that every person who has watched at least once today already knows (assuming he or she hasn't gone to e-wrc results or twitter to see what's happened). How can they even say they want to promote the lower categories (WRC2 & WRC3) if they don't even give them their screen time??

Has anyone seen the evening highlights shows and did they show WRC2/3 in those? Still nothing on YouTube..

Eli
26th January 2020, 12:04
Has anyone seen the evening highlights shows and did they show WRC2/3 in those? Still nothing on YouTube..

Yes I have seen the evening of the highlights but maybe a minute about WRC2/3.

Fast Eddie WRC
26th January 2020, 13:29

It was such a pleasure to finally be able to enjoy a rally and especially the live TV and Power Stage without his voice over everything.

These current WRC cars wont be around forever and I love to hear their sound.... it gave me goosebumps to listen to them today. :)

Sulland
26th January 2020, 14:04
There are things to learn from F1 TV.
Here you can choose from different streams. If you want to follow timing and stats, see inside a car, follow the race, as far as I remember you can run split windows on a TV, to arrange it according to needs.

That is the tech side of things, but the human side is also important.
They need to have an ex driver as expert commentator. One that did not quit to long ago, and can say something about driving style, set up preferences, differences in the cars and so on.
- This year they have many to choose from!!

End of stage reportes need to understand the sport, and what questions to ask, and also understand the answer the drivers give them, and then give their added value and opinions.

Monte Carlo 20 has been far from what I expect from a professional top tier FIA series!!
Oliver Ciesla and Jona Siebel, as CEOs you need to improve your product!
If not, you will loose business!

Katvala
26th January 2020, 14:04
Yeah it was nice. I still have commentary on most of the stages, but it was nice to be able to turn off and just listen. No more Julian+Desborough blabbering (those are a terrible combination)

RS
26th January 2020, 18:42
Yes I have seen the evening of the highlights but maybe a minute about WRC2/3.

Thanks, no improvement there then and nothing on YouTube still. Don’t think I’d be very happy as a manufacturer or sponsor!

AnttiL
26th January 2020, 18:54
Yeah it was nice. I still have commentary on most of the stages, but it was nice to be able to turn off and just listen. No more Julian+Desborough blabbering (those are a terrible combination)

Yes, I think this feature is more useful on the TV stages where you have land cameras and actually some sound to listen, and commentators who don't say anything useful.

Fast Eddie WRC
27th January 2020, 11:34
Yes, I think this feature is more useful on the TV stages where you have land cameras and actually some sound to listen, and commentators who don't say anything useful.

Correct.

And I agree with Sulland. They need more experts on comms and at stage ends. And to finally treat WRC as a serious sport and not a bit of fun like Becs & Co.