PDA

View Full Version : Wrc+

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

er88
28th January 2018, 07:30
Why have they cut the live feed? No splits working either...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

rallyfiend
28th January 2018, 07:35
SS15 is a Live TV stage.

They must be preparing all their resources (heli, commentators etc etc) for that.

HarriK
28th January 2018, 07:41
Why have they cut the live feed? No splits working either...

Splits are working via live maps

seb_sh
28th January 2018, 07:46
Anybody is watching live coverage with Samsung Smart TV? From yesterday I have info that I need to upgrade to watch all stages live....

Had the same problem, initially logging out and back in fixed it, in the end i gave up and am watching on PC.

HarriK
28th January 2018, 10:25
I have Samsung SmartTV but not WRC app for that model. If I use tv internet browser app, I can see Wrc All live video but first it is very poor quality and after 15seconds it turn to mode that I can see only maybe 1/8 of the broadcast. It's then sharp but too big. Browser zoom doesn't help or anything else. Last year I had not this problem.

A FONDO
28th January 2018, 12:02
Buy yourselves proper Android TV and problems like these are gone.

Sulland
28th January 2018, 12:18
What about Apple TV, have anybody tried it on that platform?

N.O.T
28th January 2018, 12:25
What about Apple TV, have anybody tried it on that platform?

no we prefer to have products for real men in our houses.

SubaruNorway
28th January 2018, 12:43
no we prefer to have products for real men in our houses.

You should try Apple products, if you're lucky a Mac will crash once a year, a PC once a day.

STI69
28th January 2018, 12:54
Using Airplay with Apple TV to strem from phone or ipad, works fine.

N.O.T
28th January 2018, 12:57
You should try Apple products, if you're lucky a Mac will crash once a year, a PC once a day.

you should use a post-2004 pc then.

steve.mandzij
28th January 2018, 14:41
You should try Apple products, if you're lucky a Mac will crash once a year, a PC once a day.My PC only crashes when... Oh no, it doesn't.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

EightGear
28th January 2018, 14:58
The potential for something very nice is definitely there, but they really need to fix some of the most basic stuff first.

In random order: things like stagetimes not popping up (or very late), putting the wrong driver name (albeit for a short while) when they are (finally) showing a car live on stage. Or the stupid interviews before the powerstage... Or the telemetry which in no case was ever in sync with the images... Jon Desborough.. (I've heard him say Hyundai hired Mikkelsen because they needed a second Neuville, and that was the reason Penasse said they didn't win the championship last year THREE times over the weekend)...

Then of course there are the issues of the regular live timing as well, which IMO is totally unacceptable.
It is a mystery to me as well why the championship standings are still not up on WRC.com

End of rant. Hopefully most of these basic things will be fixed by Sweden.

AndyRAC
28th January 2018, 15:19
The potential for something very nice is definitely there, but they really need to fix some of the most basic stuff first.

Potentially, it could be very good. However, I got the feeling they've rushed it so that it's ready for the start of the Monte. When you're offering a paid 'premium' service, it simply HAS to work.
Live stages are nothing new; it's 7 years since we had all but one stage of the Monte live on TV....with the technology now available, they need to be offering a lot more.

As an aside, I do think they need to offer more 'free to air' content; one free live stage on RedBullTV isn't enough. If you want to attract more followers, then currently what they offer ain't enough. It's a competitive market out, and lots of series provide free streaming....

A FONDO
28th January 2018, 15:38
It is a mystery to me as well why the championship standings are still not up on WRC.com

http://hostthenpost.org/uploads/c95ff2a21cf737cf5a778705c499f837.jpg

Fast Eddie WRC
28th January 2018, 15:40
Mixed effort for WRC+ All Live in their first rally.

Thurs night was poor but there were mitigating circumstances with the weather so no heli shots and lots of picture drop outs.

Fri and Sat were a lot better with some excellent stage coverage and good interviews.

Sunday was good but a shame having to go back to the normal tv comms (& JD) for two stages.

tommeke_B
28th January 2018, 15:52
Considering the difficult terrain in the mountains, and it was their first time, I think it's great! Will only become better from here. Well worth the (small) extra cost over the normal WRC+.

EightGear
28th January 2018, 15:55
http://hostthenpost.org/uploads/c95ff2a21cf737cf5a778705c499f837.jpg

Fair enough, that explains it.

HarriK
28th January 2018, 16:50
Buy yourselves proper Android TV and problems like these are gone.

ok, so I should buy every 2 years 1500Euros TV. Sounds fair, no problem with money!

N.O.T
28th January 2018, 16:56
ok, so I should buy every 2 years 1500Euros TV. Sounds fair, no problem with money!

why you need to buy a new tv every year? haven't you heard of software updates ?

steve.mandzij
28th January 2018, 17:45
Considering the difficult terrain in the mountains, and it was their first time, I think it's great! Will only become better from here. Well worth the (small) extra cost over the normal WRC+.Argentina is gonna be a problem for the crew.

HarriK
28th January 2018, 18:16
why you need to buy a new tv every year? haven't you heard of software updates ?
all updates done, tv software and browser also. WRC crew answered that they know this problem and try to resolve it soon...
With phone and laptop all works so I survive now :)

SubaruNorway
28th January 2018, 18:30
Argentina is gonna be a problem for the crew.

Why? No steep mountains there and nearly no trees so should be good, Corsica is more like MC.

steve.mandzij
28th January 2018, 18:34
Why? No steep mountains there and nearly no trees so should be good, Corsica is more like MC.The Sierras are very very remote. When I went last year, to check the results of the stage you were at you either needed a radio or you'd find out who was leading back at your hotel. Also, I remember hearing that Colin's satellite phone wasn't working. Reception is unheard of and wifi is hard to come by.

seb_sh
28th January 2018, 18:44
The Sierras are very very remote. When I went last year, to check the results of the stage you were at you either needed a radio or you'd find out who was leading back at your hotel. Also, I remember hearing that Colin's satellite phone wasn't working. Reception is unheard of and wifi is hard to come by.

They said they have a dedicated plane which provides connection for the TV transmission from the cars and the helicopter so it doesn't matter where they are. So I think a bigger problem is interference from weather, buildings or trees.

salamaja
28th January 2018, 18:59

AndroidTV OS tv-s are overpriced. With a box(mibox, shield etc) you can turn every "dumb tv" to smart tv.

tc10a
28th January 2018, 21:17
AndroidTV OS tv-s are overpriced. With a box(mibox, shield etc) you can turn every "dumb tv" to smart tv.

Amazon Fire TV Stick turns every TV with HDMI port into a smart TV and costs 39 Euros.
The stream on the WRC App for Fire TV worked 4 days without any error.

Rally Power
28th January 2018, 21:19
Potentially, it could be very good. However, I got the feeling they've rushed it so that it's ready for the start of the Monte. When you're offering a paid 'premium' service, it simply HAS to work.
Live stages are nothing new; it's 7 years since we had all but one stage of the Monte live on TV....with the technology now available, they need to be offering a lot more.
As an aside, I do think they need to offer more 'free to air' content; one free live stage on RedBullTV isn't enough. If you want to attract more followers, then currently what they offer ain't enough. It's a competitive market out, and lots of series provide free streaming....

All your remarks (and those of Eigthgear) make total sense, but somehow we should be inspired by Revman enthusiasm; there’s no doubt WRC is in great shape and All Live is a major advance. They both can be improved, but they’ll never be perfect, so let’s enjoy them the most we can!

kubiczech
29th January 2018, 16:38
Overall "all live" looks promising and i think i will keep my subscription after the free trial ends. I would like to point out one (IMHO) big problem, which was present in all live stages and powerstages in recent years, and was still present on Monte. During the live stage i want to visualy follow interesting drivers, who are in some kind of fight for position or they need to attack from any other reason. That way i, as a spectator, am witnessing the drama of brilliant drive or possible mistake. Instaead of this i am now for 70% of the stage following first car on the road, which on the 2nd and 3rd day of the rally is almost surely someone who had problems and is out of contention or some gentleman driver. Try to remember how long we watched Khalid Al Qassimi on Live TV stages last year (nothing against him, but his driving really is not spectacular enough nor important for the "story" of the Rally). We were lucky to have Breen on Monte in this position, who was at least interesting to watch, but he was not important person for the rally. I can imagine, it is technicaly easiest way to follow first driver on the stage all the way to the finish and then cath every next car on last few kms of the stage. but this scheme will be much more problematic when we are All Live. In recent years we were happy to see any few kms live and it was not as important who we watch. But now when we can follow all stages and the story, it will soon become really dull and frustrating to watch mostly cars which are out of contention. Otherwise thanks to everybody involved. Good job done. I am sure they know that it is not finished and there is a lot to improve.

Fast Eddie WRC
29th January 2018, 18:08
Well said @kubiczech.

Hopefully in time we will have multi-screen access (like F1 has) and we can choose how and who to watch. Also an audio option for Pure Sound must come.

RS
30th January 2018, 09:35
I think kubiczech has hit the nail on the head there about what has been missing from the live WRC coverage for years actually. This is something Eurosport did really well with the live IRC coverage. They don’t even seem to make much use of splits on the live WRC stuff.

seb_sh
30th January 2018, 09:52
Overall "all live" looks promising and i think i will keep my subscription after the free trial ends. I would like to point out one (IMHO) big problem, which was present in all live stages and powerstages in recent years, and was still present on Monte. During the live stage i want to visualy follow interesting drivers, who are in some kind of fight for position or they need to attack from any other reason. That way i, as a spectator, am witnessing the drama of brilliant drive or possible mistake. Instaead of this i am now for 70% of the stage following first car on the road, which on the 2nd and 3rd day of the rally is almost surely someone who had problems and is out of contention or some gentleman driver. Try to remember how long we watched Khalid Al Qassimi on Live TV stages last year (nothing against him, but his driving really is not spectacular enough nor important for the "story" of the Rally). We were lucky to have Breen on Monte in this position, who was at least interesting to watch, but he was not important person for the rally. I can imagine, it is technicaly easiest way to follow first driver on the stage all the way to the finish and then cath every next car on last few kms of the stage. but this scheme will be much more problematic when we are All Live. In recent years we were happy to see any few kms live and it was not as important who we watch. But now when we can follow all stages and the story, it will soon become really dull and frustrating to watch mostly cars which are out of contention. Otherwise thanks to everybody involved. Good job done. I am sure they know that it is not finished and there is a lot to improve.

This is a very good point, they kind of show cars randomly instead of directing and showing the interesting parts. It's like if F1 showed the driver in P5 going around alone instead of showing overtaking.

Suusameister
30th January 2018, 10:27
In WRC+ case it seems like there is much bigger role on IT team doing this stuff and clearly (as in most big IT projects) things will be delayed and testing will take long time.
Also, I imagine the server loads, the signals between different devices and location characteristics will be a great challenge.

Though wrc is financially not that strong to provide free stuff I still would like to see some live feed from their YouTube channel.
This would amp up yt subscriptions and probably would get more people involved.

AndyRAC
30th January 2018, 12:00
Though WRC is financially not that strong to provide free stuff I still would like to see some live feed from their YouTube channel.
This would amp up yt subscriptions and probably would get more people involved.

Agree. There need to be more 'free live content'. The one Saturday stage on RedBullTV is nice, but not nearly enough.....

PLuto
30th January 2018, 14:21
I wrote it somewhere here few days ago. Same like kubiczech wrote, one of the biggest problem of live coverage on WRC (also last years powerstages, but it was same this year) is that they are absolutely missing what is happening on that stage. They can say results after previous stage, make lot of commentars regarding the situation of the rally, but they are not adapt to what is actually doing on the rally. If anything happened on the stage, they usually dont know about it (despite in results it is written, on twitter/facebook there are informations and pictures). They are not focusing on the real battles on the stages, dont following interesting drivers. There were lot of talks about "stupid" rotating stage map, about pre-recorded interviews showed during the stage, lot of camera watches to the crews during stage end interviews, where only voice is important and video should be taking care other crews. I also dont like so many and so long camera shots on the starts of stages. For first car yes, but for others I prefer to see action on stage, not watching standing car on start line. Also director doesnt know what is happening and is not able to adapt to the situation. One great example was that "famous" left corner after long straight, where lot of crews went out to the field. Since first cars (and also after first loop) you know that this is important place, where lot of drivers are making mistakes. So why not to switch to every car, when it is close to this place? I think it will be interesting to watch this important places more than following cars somewhere else. Same with second Turini slippery place, where Bouffier went off. Thanks god this time they showed problems of others mainly from record, but why not LIVE when the cars are approaching that place? Or another example - first stage on Saturday. From splits you can see that Sordo is flying on that stage. So why not switch to his onboard to see his speed and how he handle with that fast speed?

latek
30th January 2018, 14:44
Now that we have all stages live onboards it would be great if they implemented what canal+ did in Alsace 2014 with live virtual timings so we can see where drivers are gaining or losing time. It's a bit blind now with those sparse splits.
https://youtu.be/9w2s30Y_UlI

Franky
30th January 2018, 15:51
PLuto, I know exactly what you mean and it's one thing that has annoyed me also for quite a long time. The PIP function (smaller picture in the corner) should be relatively easy to use. But there's one thing that I guess they've overlooked themselves. You need people to look at all the feeds. One person can't do it, not even two, in my opinion. I could bring a personal experience from a studio production, but think it won't be much point. But I've heard that on crosscountry skiing and most likely also on biathlon events, there are people like spotters before the camera zones informing the directing crew that certain athlete is approaching.

If they could figure out how to fix that thing, I think it could be much better.

But yeah, the whole start procedure showing is pointless. Even more as a replay. Another place for a PIP.

But if they manage to improve the response to action by actually showing it live, reacting to what's happening and add timing (splits) graphics to the broadcast ... I guess wives and girlfriends will start hating WRC or they'll get plenty of free weekends, where the other half is glued to the screens viewing WRC.

lnvs
30th January 2018, 16:53
Or another example - first stage on Saturday. From splits you can see that Sordo is flying on that stage. So why not switch to his onboard to see his speed and how he handle with that fast speed?There is some limitations how they get the feed. They can't see all cars all the time. Sometimes none like we saw in Monte. Cars need to be at range to receive video. Link plane obviously has some pre-planned route. Don't know about copters probably them too. "Let's fly to the action place and skip all the stage interviews" sounds like a dream but it would be hard to change program plan completely.

In this video you can see the link plane on the map and feeds they are receiving.
https://twitter.com/nepfinland/status/956905091864424448

Those after stage interviews are the worst. Usually there is nothing to ask or say and taking the helmet off takes longer than the actual interview. These should be PiP or just voice like said earlier.

the sniper
30th January 2018, 17:37
Agree. There need to be more 'free live content'. The one Saturday stage on RedBullTV is nice, but not nearly enough.....

The only problem with the RedBullTV coverage is that nobody beyond the hardcore know it's there, and us hardcore are now paying to watch on WRC+ instead. I understand Red Bull wanting to push their own media channel, but given the effort that goes into that quality broadcast, it's a shame for the WRC that it isn't broadcast somewhere else. Either live on the WRC's You Tube/Facebook, or ideally refocused towards one domestic market and broadcaster on a mainstream channel so it can attract the greatest possible mainstream audience. I don't imagine they're making any/much money off this coverage anyway, so imagine if it were possible to approach something like the BBC here, tell them they can broadcast it for free and just repackage/graphic it like BBC Sport coverage (like how a lot of 'BBC Sport' coverage is actually produced by outside companies). Mainstream coverage, even if paid for by the WRC, gets the product out there and having a major broadcaster seemingly being involved gives the sport mainstream legitimacy.

I'm not saying all the pieces would fall into place and make this possible, but I'd be pushing hard in that direction if I were them. I'm thinking of the BBC's coverage of and deal with the NFL as a model here, which must be based on similar theory.

Now that we have all stages live onboards it would be great if they implemented what canal+ did in Alsace 2014 with live virtual timings so we can see where drivers are gaining or losing time. It's a bit blind now with those sparse splits.
https://youtu.be/9w2s30Y_UlI

Great idea. I know some people weren't a fan of 'virtual spectator' back in the ISC/North One days, but I liked it. At the moment though I think they should just focus on getting the splits to work and be displayed reliably! ;)

Franky
30th January 2018, 19:56
Actually, if someone is intersted, then NEP, the company producing all the content, has got quite a few pics and videos from behind the scenes on their Twitter feed - https://twitter.com/nepfinland

Thanks for sharing the link lnvs.

spiderem
31st January 2018, 21:40
I wanted to apologise for the overall poor interventions and terrible english of my fellow country men Eric Camilli and Stephane Peterhansel during the power stage on RedBull TV. Sincere apologise.

steve.mandzij
31st January 2018, 22:00
I wanted to apologise for the overall poor interventions and terrible english of my fellow country men Eric Camilli and Stephane Peterhansel during the power stage on RedBull TV. Sincere apologise.Power Stage on red bull tv?

spiderem
31st January 2018, 22:41
Power Stage on red bull tv?

Recap of day 3

Fast Eddie WRC
7th February 2018, 13:56
WRC+ vs TV
https://www.motorsport-news.co.uk/columns/can-wrc-all-live-kill-traditional-tv/

DoN_cz
13th February 2018, 11:52
I have regular WRC+ account and would like to upgrade to ALL LIVE.

So I log in, choose "Upgrade now", choose the annual plan, click next and then all I get is the rotating wheel (loading) and nothing happends. Tried two computers, different browsers (Firefox and IE), updated flash etc... anyone know what to do?

Fast Eddie WRC
13th February 2018, 11:59

So I log in, choose "Upgrade now", choose the annual plan, click next and then all I get is the rotating wheel (loading) and nothing happends. Tried two computers, different browsers (Firefox and IE), updated flash etc... anyone know what to do?

Could try the App.

DoN_cz
13th February 2018, 14:07
On the phone you mean? If i try to do that, it tells me "You already got an active subscription on a different platform (website), manage your subsriptions there."

KiwiWRCfan
13th February 2018, 15:24

People who originally subscribed using iTunes or Google Play have had to use iTunes or Google Play to do their upgrade. If that does not help try checking the FAQ page https://plus.wrc.com/en/support/faq/

DoN_cz
13th February 2018, 18:59
Hmmm, nope - the subscription was done using web browser. Just had it tried on 3rd computer and it doesn't work there either. Really seems like a bug on their side. Tried contacting the support, but no answer yet.

EDIT: actually - if i go to "developer mode" and find the line of code that overlays the original site with the "loading screen" - I can disable that piece of code and then it reveals the form to fill out the credit card details..... but this does not seem like a correct way to do it :)

salamaja
13th February 2018, 20:01
Tried contacting the support, but no answer yet.
Don't get your hopes high for a quick response. Took them 2 weeks to get a reply for my ticket and it was totally useless =)

symphonyx
15th February 2018, 00:02
Does any one know if you are able to go back and re-watch all the stages from Monte Carlo? I understand that replays are on demand however I can only find the highlights on the web browser and android phone app version.

Slazwierder
15th February 2018, 05:44
Does any one know if you are able to go back and re-watch all the stages from Monte Carlo?
Yes you can.

AnttiL
15th February 2018, 06:06
Yes you can.

Where? I was able to re-watch anything during the rally but seems like not anymore. There's only the three live stages and shorter recaps. And of course onboards.

er88
15th February 2018, 08:28
Where? I was able to re-watch anything during the rally but seems like not anymore. There's only the three live stages and shorter recaps. And of course onboards.Seems like you can watch all the stages back until the next rally. I watched a lot of the Friday action from Monte only last week.

symphonyx
15th February 2018, 08:30
Seems like you can watch all the stages back until the next rally. I watched a lot of the Friday action from Monte only last week.

How do you get too it?

AnttiL
15th February 2018, 08:39
How do you get too it?

Just go to ALL LIVE and all the streams are available to be re-watched. Until the next rally is about to start and new All Live schedule is updated.

symphonyx
15th February 2018, 09:05
Just go to ALL LIVE and all the streams are available to be re-watched. Until the next rally is about to start and new All Live schedule is updated.

Weird, I already have the Sweden schedule up. Should be an option to select the rally you want to re-watch. Unless I'm really daft and can't find that option.

AnttiL
15th February 2018, 09:09
Weird, I already have the Sweden schedule up. Should be an option to select the rally you want to re-watch. Unless I'm really daft and can't find that option.

That's what we're trying to say, you cannot select the rally. You can only watch Monte Carlo until Sweden is updated to the schedule, you can watch the Sweden videos until Mexico is scheduled etc.

sonnybobiche
15th February 2018, 14:03
Yes, they changed the layout a few days ago and now you can no longer go back and watch the All Live coverage from Monte Carlo.

I am hoping that it was just a bug or an oversight on their part. If their plan is to only make the All Live coverage available to stream until the start of the following rally, that's kind of unacceptable in my opinion.

What does it cost, anyway? Some storage space on a server somewhere? I know the Promoter is a tight bugger, but come on...

bf1_IRL
15th February 2018, 17:34
If you go the Schedule bit, it will let you select the rallies.. difficult to pick out which live stream is which.. some say to upgrade to watch all and the next one works..

symphonyx
15th February 2018, 21:03
Yes, they changed the layout a few days ago and now you can no longer go back and watch the All Live coverage from Monte Carlo.

I am hoping that it was just a bug or an oversight on their part. If their plan is to only make the All Live coverage available to stream until the start of the following rally, that's kind of unacceptable in my opinion.

What does it cost, anyway? Some storage space on a server somewhere? I know the Promoter is a tight bugger, but come on...

I've been thinking about reasons why and comparing it too things like NFL game pass and NBA. WIth the US ones you are only able to get the yearly pass, if you go the monthly route you are required to go the full 12 months. However with the Rally you can get 1 month and cancel after the month, so I suppose they want to prevent people from getting it in December and watching the whole year in a month and saving money?

symphonyx
15th February 2018, 21:05
If you go the Schedule bit, it will let you select the rallies.. difficult to pick out which live stream is which.. some say to upgrade to watch all and the next one works..

Yeah that only has a few stages not every stage. Oh well.

ESTR
15th February 2018, 21:26
Still got a feeling that timetable will be big issue... That rallysafe is worse than previous system. There at least it's been shown. Here you get nothing and when you get it's all wrong and incorrect..

Sulland
15th February 2018, 22:25
Maybe eWRC should bid for the next contract :D

sonnybobiche
15th February 2018, 22:50
Bloody disaster so far.

New lead presenter (why?) who doesn't seem to know anything about the sport.

Desborough going from co-presenter, where he was actually good, back to color commentary, where he just doesn't work well.

Lightpods blinding the cameras to the point where not even the commentators can make out what's going on, and yet nobody can think to tell the drivers to turn them off? Or adjust the cameras?

Fancy new timing supplier that can't even manage to provide live timing on a short superspecial, so nobody at home can tell who's up and who's down.
Just get a cameraman at the finish line so we can at least tell who won each heat!

And throughout it all, a commentary team that for whatever reason can't bring themselves to say, "we apologise to the viewers. We are clearly suffering from some technical issues and we're doing our best to get it working. In the meantime here is what we believe are the standings so far..." A brand new viewer would think that this is how things normally are and would swear off the sport forever.

I understand it's not easy to get all of this right, but it's so frustrating to see.

If the live timing doesn't work tomorrow, somebody needs to be fired. Not disciplined, fired.

KKS
16th February 2018, 00:24
Fancy new timing supplier that can't even manage to provide live timing on a short superspecial, so nobody at home can tell who's up and who's down.
Just get a cameraman at the finish line so we can at least tell who won each heat!

If the live timing doesn't work tomorrow, somebody needs to be fired. Not disciplined, fired.
Timing works well. All time pop-up quite fast. Trouble that now graphic times on TV screen it's TV director issue, not timing system.

Sanremo
16th February 2018, 01:16
Bloody disaster so far.

New lead presenter (why?) who doesn't seem to know anything about the sport.

Desborough going from co-presenter, where he was actually good, back to color commentary, where he just doesn't work well.

Lightpods blinding the cameras to the point where not even the commentators can make out what's going on, and yet nobody can think to tell the drivers to turn them off? Or adjust the cameras?

And throughout it all, a commentary team that for whatever reason can't bring themselves to say, "we apologise to the viewers. We are clearly suffering from some technical issues and we're doing our best to get it working. In the meantime here is what we believe are the standings so far..." A brand new viewer would think that this is how things normally are and would swear off the sport forever.

I understand it's not easy to get all of this right, but it's so frustrating to see.

Do you know what is heartbreaking for me? :( I just came through the live SSS and I can't help but notice that there is no hope they will ever stop framing the wheels so tightly you can't even see the cars! (see the left and right bends respectively before and after the SSS bridge, for instance). They should forget about all this "artistic" sh*t and just focus on the action!!! All other sports use larger and normal takes (more like the amateurs' ones) that don't make you feel sick by zooming in and out so wildly. Imagine them filming a soccer match and framing only the players' shoes...:grenade: Slowmo, falling gopros and all other cinematographic tricks are captivating for advertisments. They are really nice as appetizers but it's exactly the contrary when the cars are on the stages. That's the main reason why I chose motorsportfilmer and the other uploaders over wrc+ as my official wrc broadcasters :) They should buy their thrilling videos since they upload in no time and in very high quality (actually they use their work right now when something get lost). For what it concerns advertising purposes, just separately embed two minutes of publicity instead of placing the cameras on straights to include the banner, recording pointless images. I heared that tv spectators' attention is so focused on cars and motorbikes in circuit racing that they almost don't notice the banner (You may have noticed that by yourself).

Just my thoughts. Don't be too harsh :)

ESTR
16th February 2018, 03:27
Timing works well. All time pop-up quite fast. Trouble that now graphic times on TV screen it's TV director issue, not timing system.

And why was there Kristoffersson leading for a long time when actually Tidemand set the fastest time. Then half of RC2 drivers didn't show up on official site until others start. Then again stopped for a while with Paddon's time. And all that follows was then delayed too much. That system is crap until they fix it properly.

sonnybobiche
16th February 2018, 04:56
Do you know what is heartbreaking for me? :( I just came through the live SSS and I can't help but notice that there is no hope they will ever stop framing the wheels so tightly you can't even see the cars! (see the left and right bends respectively before and after the SSS bridge, for instance). They should forget about all this "artistic" sh*t and just focus on the action!!! All other sports use larger and normal takes (more like the amateurs' ones) that don't make you feel sick by zooming in and out so wildly. Imagine them filming a soccer match and framing only the players' shoes...:grenade: Slowmo, falling gopros and all other cinematographic tricks are captivating for advertisments. They are really nice as appetizers but it's exactly the contrary when the cars are on the stages. That's the main reason why I chose motorsportfilmer and the other uploaders over wrc+ as my official wrc broadcasters :) They should buy their thrilling videos since they upload in no time and in very high quality (actually they use their work right now when something get lost). For what it concerns advertising purposes, just separately embed two minutes of publicity instead of placing the cameras on straights to include the banner, recording pointless images. I heared that tv spectators' attention is so focused on cars and motorbikes in circuit racing that they almost don't notice the banner (You may have noticed that by yourself).

Just my thoughts. Don't be too harsh :)

Oh man, don't get me started on video quality. They technically stream in "HD" (actually 720p, which I guess was considered HD 5-10 years ago), but the compression is so barbaric that it ends up having lower detail than a 480p video. I guess it saves them a few cents on bandwidth, but I mean some of the onboards have less detail than they did in the early 2000s! They spend tens of thousands of euros on giant cameras and lenses that could capture microscopic detail, but the final product literally looks worse than what some guy uploads onto youtube from his iPhone for free. But yeah, I don't want to complain too much about that yet. There are more basic problems to sort out first.

er88
16th February 2018, 06:32
What happened to the blonde presenter from Monte? She was good

HarriK
16th February 2018, 06:41
Cars are on the stage and we have only interviews from yesterday...

Slazwierder
16th February 2018, 06:43
Yes, where is Kiri? :(
And why no live images from stage 2 atm?

sonnybobiche
16th February 2018, 06:54

My impression is that they wanted to give more than one girl a trial run, so it was decided well in advance that Kiri Bloore would do Monte and Alexandra Legouix (who some might remember from WTCC) would do Sweden, and they'd decide from there. I feel awful saying this, but so far Legouix has been pure cringe. I know she's dealing with noob director/producers, but Bloore had it even worse and she seemed to raise the quality of the whole production. Legouix needs a script in order to shine.

Molly Pettit has come on by leaps and bounds though, hasn't she?

er88
16th February 2018, 07:29
Molly Pettit has come on by leaps and bounds though, hasn't she?

Yep, she's much better as a co presenter giving her analysis/views, rather than being left on her own like she was at times in Monte (like on the start line etc)

sonnybobiche
16th February 2018, 07:42
I see the deaf guy is back on the mixing console again, so that's good. :mad:

seb_sh
16th February 2018, 09:08
It's amazing to me how by the end of Monte they had a decent setup and now they've just gone two steps back!

And I agree about the presenters, also I'd like to see Colin Clark do the interviews in that media area before service.

er88
16th February 2018, 10:18
Good coverage again from the media zone and service here.

bassist
16th February 2018, 11:01
Got to be honest, really enjoying the coverage, despite Desborough's stupid observations. The lady, 'Molly' is great.

sonnybobiche
16th February 2018, 11:11
Thoughts from mid-day:

Studio setting is much improved. It's nice that we can see activity in the service park in the background while presenters are talking. Feels like the morning news.

Becs+Desborough works surprisingly well. Desborough in particular is more no-nonsense than ever about driver performance. His, "yeah, last year he crashed into a tree" bit reminded me of James Hunt a little. Please keep it up. And his camera presence improved massively from Monte.

Skoda car onboard cameras are great. Super interesting top-down view into the cockpit, and of course the much longed-for 'center, over the shoulder' view. Could be lowered slightly, but I'm not going to complain given the camera placement on some other cars.

The drivers' PR girls need to make it clear to the teams that in the media zone, when the live cameras are on, TV gets priority. All debriefing stops, and you do the interview. Luckily Molly Pettit has learned to vamp a bit, but she shouldn't have to wait for engineers to finish debriefing to get an interview in the MEDIA zone. But to be fair Molly herself needs to get her elbows out. And if you're live, you get priority over pre-rec. Everyone else gets the fuck out of the way, immediately.

Live segments from the media zone are consistently the most interesting addition to the coverage this year. The hustle and bustle of all those people, it all feels very F1. In a good way.

KKS
16th February 2018, 11:58
And I like new girl here. She looked more natural rather then old blonde with extra big eyes and very simulated emotions.

er88
16th February 2018, 12:18
And I like new girl here. She looked more natural rather then old blonde with extra big eyes and very simulated emotions.Can't agree but opinions are opinions. Feel like Kiri Bloore was a lot more natural and relaxed, and better when having to do a bit of 'off the cuff' presenting (like when the live feeds fail, or they need to fill some time in the studio).

Watson
16th February 2018, 12:18
Got to be honest, really enjoying the coverage, despite Desborough's stupid observations. The lady, 'Molly' is great.

I always feel for her when she plows through the other reporters and they're giving her stick for it. She's getting live interviews for millions of people watching and those old farts writing for magazines that some 20 people read a month get so butthurt. Get a grip folks. You are not a live medium. Ask your questions later.

Daniel_hoy
16th February 2018, 14:15
Is there any possibility to use chrome cast with WRC+?

AnttiL
16th February 2018, 14:22
Is there any possibility to use chrome cast with WRC+?

At least with the mobile app.

Daniel_hoy
16th February 2018, 14:43
At least with the mobile app.

Not with android app.

Rallyper
16th February 2018, 15:48
All credits to this new level of watching rallying via WRC All Live.

kubiczech
16th February 2018, 16:15
Great new POV camera angle in Ostberg's car ...even better one in Hennings's. It si much better to see out of the car and work on the wheel in the same shot.

kubiczech
16th February 2018, 16:26
Dark girl is (thankfully) more natural today than yesterday. Fingers crossed for red hair version in Mexico :-D.

mknight
16th February 2018, 17:02
For me half of the time Alexandra is talking she sounds extremely bored. Sure Kiri was sometimes over-excited, but for me that's better than bored.

sonnybobiche
16th February 2018, 18:15
What a turnaround from yesterday and this morning. Production improved in almost all areas in the afternoon.

Amazing how much bigger the rally feels when you're watching it stage by stage rather than on the daily highlights. Every second won or lost feels significant now. This is becoming a really compelling show.

Sulland
16th February 2018, 21:07

Mollys advantages are that:
- She is a racingdriver herself.
- She is married to Anders Grøndal, the leader of the R5 class in the Norwegian Rally Championship.
So I guess some of the conversation areund the dinner table is about rally and racing.

Maybe she will try rally soon?

http://www.mollypettit.com/

dodge33cymru
17th February 2018, 00:06
Is there any possibility to use chrome cast with WRC+?Use Home app to cast the whole screen and then play. You can't use your phone, but it works.

Daniel_hoy
17th February 2018, 00:36
Use Home app to cast the whole screen and then play. You can't use your phone, but it works.

Yes, that is what I do now. But it is a really bad solution. It should be possible to cast with a streaming app. Last year it was possible if I opened wrc plus in web browser on phone. But that solution is not there anymore.

AL14
17th February 2018, 08:33
what's the point to have all live if two drivers spun into the stage and you will discover it at their comment on stage end?

stefanvv
17th February 2018, 08:39
what's the point to have all live if two drivers spun into the stage and you will discover it at their comment on stage end?

To watch that beautiful winter scenery all day long?!?

er88
17th February 2018, 08:40
what's the point to have all live if two drivers spun into the stage and you will discover it at their comment on stage end?The coverage has been pretty great (except stage 1), but yeah they do need to cut out focusing on drivers only in the last 1km of the stage. I'd rather focus on drivers in the fight for the lead for most of the stage, or drivers who are in a big battle. Put stage end interviews in a little box in the corner of the screen or just make them audio only. It's easy to do..

dodge33cymru
17th February 2018, 08:56
More great coverage again, but I do wish Mr Desborough would stop harping on and on about any stage with a jump in it like it makes any difference to the rally...

dodge33cymru
17th February 2018, 09:23
And aaaargh, you have hours until the next stage, why wouldn't you show WRC2?!?

Even WRC Radio isn't covering it :(

AL14
17th February 2018, 10:14
And aaaargh, you have hours until the next stage, why wouldn't you show WRC2?!?

Even WRC Radio isn't covering it :(

I actually don't mind middle service interviews. They are pretty nice and some times quite insightful

Nelly
17th February 2018, 10:53
My impression is that they wanted to give more than one girl a trial run, so it was decided well in advance that Kiri Bloore would do Monte and Alexandra Legouix (who some might remember from WTCC) would do Sweden, and they'd decide from there. I feel awful saying this, but so far Legouix has been pure cringe. I know she's dealing with noob director/producers, but Bloore had it even worse and she seemed to raise the quality of the whole production. Legouix needs a script in order to shine.

Molly Pettit has come on by leaps and bounds though, hasn't she?Yeah I have to agree. Alex seems disinterested and hasn't a clue what's going on. I suppose there's probably too many people multi tasking and it's a little disorganised. Other than Alex and jon desboragh it's been excellent

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

er88
17th February 2018, 11:02
Also think Julian Porter is superb for AllLive. He's so knowledgeable about the sport and it shines through how much he loves rallying. He's on a whole different level to some of the others, so the more he's in the studio/ on co comms/ or in the media zone, the better.

dodge33cymru
17th February 2018, 11:05
I don't mind the interviews, but I'd rather see the WRC2 top runners than twenty minutes of rewatching inconsequential jumps in slow motion prior to the interviews.

Sulland
17th February 2018, 11:44
Can I choose to see splits on Stream?
Why are they not putting in all the splits, and not just talking about them?

PLuto
17th February 2018, 16:16
Can I choose to see splits on Stream?
Why are they not putting in all the splits, and not just talking about them?

I am also surprised that when you watch the live coverage, there is not button to show actual results or splits, like it is on map.

PLuto
17th February 2018, 17:21
Just open another tab and see the splits and stage times on the live map, it is not hard.

I know very well how to do it. But isnt be easier to have a button directly on that page?

Franky
17th February 2018, 17:59
Or they should just integrate it into the on screen graphics as it should be. And missing moments is still annoying.

Sulland
17th February 2018, 19:30
Just open another tab and see the splits and stage times on the live map, it is not hard.

Well, I looked at a large TV via airplay today, so a bit hard to open another tab. By the way, the splits have been a struggle today, they are not stable.

But was thinking more of trying to get the live exitement into the stream.
It need splits, with same pattern as they have at the finish, counting down from 15-20 sec.

They could also have top 10 on stage and total on ether left/right or up/ down on the live stream.
Would also like to have an ex-driver as expert commentator, together with a journalist. Gives more depth into what happens in the car.

but All-Live is ok, and has potential!

Fast Eddie WRC
17th February 2018, 23:20
Also think Julian Porter is superb for AllLive. He's so knowledgeable about the sport and it shines through how much he loves rallying. He's on a whole different level to some of the others, so the more he's in the studio/ on co comms/ or in the media zone, the better.

Spot on.. he's a proper rally man.

Ive always watched the Motorsport TV highlights because he does the comms.

giu canbera
18th February 2018, 01:05
Im watching the highlights and the livestages on RedBullTV. Im out of Job right now, cant afford the WRC+ for now

Japé
18th February 2018, 14:58
Is anyone of you using WRC+ via Samsung Smart TV app - If yes, is it working ok? For me it has been never working what comes to WRC+ content. It also seems that app is never updated since it's creation in Jan 2017 despite they highly promote on WRC page "Enjoy WRC+ All Live Stream & Videos on the big screen with the official WRC Smart TV App on Samsung, LG, Android TV, Amazon Fire TV & Nvidia Shield".

Fast Eddie WRC
22nd February 2018, 12:20
FYI... just had a new update for the App on Android.

KiwiWRCfan
23rd February 2018, 19:19
twitter post by Becs Williams on Feb 22nd

"Many people have asked about the replay feature on All Live. You can watch each rally up until the next one starts, scroll through the time line for particular stages etc. The feature then switches to the next event on the Monday of rally week. #WRC #WRCLive"

Franky
3rd March 2018, 15:19
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bnaAas8iCY&feature=em-uploademail

a short look at what it takes to put on an all live show.

To be honest, it really doesn't show anything. Unfortunately.

Fast Eddie WRC
3rd March 2018, 16:03
WRC+ ALL LIVE is still showing a '7-day Free Trial' available.... nice. :)

https://plus.wrc.com/en/

KKS
3rd March 2018, 23:09
Any Mexico promocodes?

danon
3rd March 2018, 23:43
#loeb123456789

mufcAleksi
4th March 2018, 10:24
WRC18ASI still worked for me last week for another free month

Fast Eddie WRC
4th March 2018, 11:25
WRC18ASI still worked for me last week for another free month

Not working for me yesterday.

KKS
4th March 2018, 15:59
I forgot to use WRC18SWE :( and now fresh promocode will be good

er88
6th March 2018, 01:46
Surprised there's no codes kicking about

the sniper
6th March 2018, 02:41
Surprised there's no codes kicking about

They can't give it away forever! :D

I start paying this month after having had the first month for free. Happy to pay at this point, tbh.

Fast Eddie WRC
6th March 2018, 15:02
They can't give it away forever! :D

I start paying this month after having had the first month for free. Happy to pay at this point, tbh.

One week free trial is still showing...

AnttiL
9th March 2018, 06:32
Tried to watch Mexico SS1 while having breakfast but the re-live was not working on browser...worked on phone though, but I had to fast forward like half an hour to get to the start of the stage.

racerx1979
9th March 2018, 09:31
Yeah, I was trying to watch on my PC using Firefox or Chrome, but no luck. Tried on my ipad and it worked great.
After about an hour it then started working on my PC. Strange glitch that was noticed by a few others.

theracingelf
9th March 2018, 15:40
WRC+ not working again on the Smart Tv app... Those guys are really not up to the task.

tr4m
9th March 2018, 16:19
This is the only time I'm going to say this but.. try Microsoft EDGE browser, it's the only browser that works for me.

seb_sh
9th March 2018, 16:39
Only working on Android for me at the moment, not working on tv or browser :o

edit: and just as I write that it starts working in the browser

omer yetis
9th March 2018, 17:04
I was watching with no problems on safari all of a sudden its gone... anyone else?
right now I am both on safari and google chrome and neither of them working although I can see the LIVE mark at the top right...

edit: now it says CURRENTLY IN SERVICE....

pantealex
9th March 2018, 17:17
I was watching with no problems on safari all of a sudden its gone... anyone else?
right now I am both on safari and google chrome and neither of them working although I can see the LIVE mark at the top right...

edit: now it says CURRENTLY IN SERVICE....

same.

sonnybobiche
9th March 2018, 17:25
It was not working in Chrome. I went over to the FireTV (android), and it worked for about 10 minutes before the screen went black.

Now it says "+++Currently In Service+++", which I guess is supposed to mean "Currently Out of Service", or "Currently Being Serviced". Just another clunky translation from German, or is this meant to be a cruel joke?

stefanvv
9th March 2018, 17:27
Now it says "+++Currently In Service+++", which I guess is supposed to mean "Currently Out of Service", or "Currently Being Serviced". Just another clunky translation from German, or is this meant to be a cruel joke?

It is just written in the context of rally. Smart....

Timmy
9th March 2018, 17:28
https://twitter.com/OfficialWRC/status/972165999087751169
Seems like it's due to internet problems.

omer yetis
9th March 2018, 17:32
start working on safari now....

seb_sh
9th March 2018, 20:41
Dem legs tho

logic
9th March 2018, 20:55
Dem legs tho

Thought it was only me lol

nafpaktos
9th March 2018, 21:22
The name of the beautiful girl?she was also covering dakar for red bull tv.

SubaruNorway
9th March 2018, 21:24
Dem legs tho

If you follow her on twitter you can buy her yoga dvd, new hobby for you maybe?
@Legouix

Franky
9th March 2018, 21:31
If you follow her on twitter you can buy her yoga dvd, new hobby for you maybe?
@Legouix

I thought that DVDs were more or less history by now and BRs were marching strong

seb_sh
9th March 2018, 21:39
Craig Breen commentating, nice!

AL14
9th March 2018, 22:10
Do you think that in 2040 they will understand this? https://www.facebook.com/rallyemag/videos/10156297273899973/

stefanvv
9th March 2018, 22:30
Do you think that in 2040 they will understand this? https://www.facebook.com/rallyemag/videos/10156297273899973/

A gravity camera?

stefanvv
9th March 2018, 22:37
Why they're showing Ogier with C3?

nafpaktos
9th March 2018, 22:59
In the last stage the all live is not working properly.Does anyone else faces the same problem?

T16
10th March 2018, 21:14
In terms of presenters / analysts, Julian Ported is the best that WRC live have got. The guy is doing a fantastic job.

steve.mandzij
10th March 2018, 21:59
I'm hearing a lot of Latvala onboard on WRC radio right now, Otates 2; how's that live coverage looking?

er88
11th March 2018, 15:18
In terms of presenters / analysts, Julian Ported is the best that WRC live have got. The guy is doing a fantastic job.Yep, said the same myself after Sweden. He's brilliant and his knowledge & passion for the sport is obvious. The studio segments are a lot worse when he's not on.

KKS
11th March 2018, 17:18
Anybody try promo: "WeFuckUpManyTimesGetIt4Free"?

KiwiWRCfan
15th March 2018, 10:27
British presenter Abi Stephens has tweeted that she will soon be joining WRC Live team https://twitter.com/abistephens/status/973479956528402432

Rally Power
15th March 2018, 13:27
British presenter Abi Stephens has tweeted that she will soon be joining WRC Live team https://twitter.com/abistephens/status/973479956528402432

No idea about that one, but I still miss Kiri, the MC main presenter. She was great and gave credibility to the show. With Alex, the gang looks to be too relaxed, almost as if they are on vacations…not the ideal attitude on a world motorsport series broadcast.

sonnybobiche
16th March 2018, 15:56
Agreed, Kiri Bloore made everyone more professional. Alex, I'm sorry to say, just doesn't work at all as a lead presenter, and her low energy and seeming lack of interest drags everyone else down too. There's been literally zero improvement from Sweden, and in many ways the coverage seemed to get worse.

Now they're changing the presenter again? Messy.

seb_sh
16th March 2018, 17:09
That's a shame, will give the new one the benefit of the doubt but Kiri was very professional as a moderator and while she was no expert and did some small mistakes it seemed to me she did her homework about WRC.

They are still figuring it out, hope it will improve. The biggest problem for me is they have a vary basic way of showing each care sequentially instead of having a director that shows the interesting parts. This makes the stages seem like a procession of each car going by and getting a time. The broadcast of each stage needs to tell a story, for example if Tanak gets some good splits, show him, he is pushing, then cut back to the guy in front of him, how is he doing and so on. This way instead of showing "Stage 7" where "12 cars went by and each got a time some good some bad an some driver had a spin but we didn't see it" it becomes "Stage 7 where Tanak pushed like hell to overtake Mikkelsen in the standings".

EightGear
16th March 2018, 17:49
That's a shame, will give the new one the benefit of the doubt but Kiri was very professional as a moderator and while she was no expert and did some small mistakes it seemed to me she did her homework about WRC.

They are still figuring it out, hope it will improve. The biggest problem for me is they have a vary basic way of showing each care sequentially instead of having a director that shows the interesting parts. This makes the stages seem like a procession of each car going by and getting a time. The broadcast of each stage needs to tell a story, for example if Tanak gets some good splits, show him, he is pushing, then cut back to the guy in front of him, how is he doing and so on. This way instead of showing "Stage 7" where "12 cars went by and each got a time some good some bad an some driver had a spin but we didn't see it" it becomes "Stage 7 where Tanak pushed like hell to overtake Mikkelsen in the standings".Bingo. Hit the nail on its head.

Fast Eddie WRC
16th March 2018, 17:58

They are still figuring it out, hope it will improve. The biggest problem for me is they have a vary basic way of showing each care sequentially instead of having a director that shows the interesting parts. This makes the stages seem like a procession of each car going by and getting a time. The broadcast of each stage needs to tell a story, for example if Tanak gets some good splits, show him, he is pushing, then cut back to the guy in front of him, how is he doing and so on. This way instead of showing "Stage 7" where "12 cars went by and each got a time some good some bad an some driver had a spin but we didn't see it" it becomes "Stage 7 where Tanak pushed like hell to overtake Mikkelsen in the standings".

Absolutely spot on.

You should email WRC+ with this very simple explanation of what they should be doing.

GigiGalliNo1
17th March 2018, 11:45
I've forwarded this comment to the production boss.

N.O.T
17th March 2018, 13:41
I've forwarded this comment to the production boss.

did you email him ? called him on his mobile or notified him in person ?

https://i.imgur.com/sSDrkem.gif

lnvs
17th March 2018, 16:13
They are still figuring it out, hope it will improve. The biggest problem for me is they have a vary basic way of showing each care sequentially instead of having a director that shows the interesting parts. This makes the stages seem like a procession of each car going by and getting a time. The broadcast of each stage needs to tell a story, for example if Tanak gets some good splits, show him, he is pushing, then cut back to the guy in front of him, how is he doing and so on. This way instead of showing "Stage 7" where "12 cars went by and each got a time some good some bad an some driver had a spin but we didn't see it" it becomes "Stage 7 where Tanak pushed like hell to overtake Mikkelsen in the standings".This is nice dream and hopefully we see that some day. Currently they just show what ever feed works most flawlessly. They can't cut for something they don't have. To be realistic they are probably never gonna cover those stages to have everything available live. WRC is too small sport to make it profitable.

btw. just watching MotoGP qualifying and even in the small track area they got onboard hickups.

Franky
18th March 2018, 10:09
First they should implement constant splits graphics. Then there's no need to have the splits open in a separate window or screen

AndyRAC
18th March 2018, 10:47
Agreed, Kiri Bloore made everyone more professional. Alex, I'm sorry to say, just doesn't work at all as a lead presenter, and her low energy and seeming lack of interest drags everyone else down too. There's been literally zero improvement from Sweden, and in many ways the coverage seemed to get worse.

Now they're changing the presenter again? Messy.

I wonder if they are trialling a few people - to see who is most comfortable? Problem is, most of the best motorsport presenters are already doing other series, so you have to take a gamble on people who are either knowledgeable about the WRC, and/or comfortable in front of a camera as a lead presenter, whilst not being a WRC expert.
The WRC has had a cosy 'cartel' of the same people for years and years - it's about time there was some fresh blood; just as long as they're good enough.

sonnybobiche
20th March 2018, 14:03
I wonder if they are trialling a few people - to see who is most comfortable? Problem is, most of the best motorsport presenters are already doing other series, so you have to take a gamble on people who are either knowledgeable about the WRC, and/or comfortable in front of a camera as a lead presenter, whilst not being a WRC expert.
The WRC has had a cosy 'cartel' of the same people for years and years - it's about time there was some fresh blood; just as long as they're good enough.

Seems reasonable, but if you get lucky and land someone as good as Bloore the first time out, abort the experiment! Draw up a contract immediately! But instead they bring in someone who was never particularly good in WTCC and they give her two full rallies to get up to snuff. Meanwhile I'm sure Bloore is looking for work elsewhere...

Couldn't agree more about the 'cartel' vibe.

er88
20th March 2018, 14:20
Seems reasonable, but if you get lucky and land someone as good as Bloore the first time out, abort the experiment! Draw up a contract immediately! But instead they bring in someone who was never particularly good in WTCC and they give her two full rallies to get up to snuff. Meanwhile I'm sure Bloore is looking for work elsewhere...

Couldn't agree more about the 'cartel' vibe.I was thinking about this. Maybe it's the case that they're just getting presenters who are available at the time of different events, if they all have other commitments too? Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if they are rotating presenters in and out on an event by event basis, because it's maybe cheaper for them rather than putting a proper contract down with the best presenter for the full season?

Otherwise I agree with you that it doesn't make sense to trial different presenters when you've stumbled on the jackpot, so to speak. Kiri was very good in Monte and would only get better the more events she does.

I hope she comes back as she deserves it, and im guessing she hasn't been binned off as I remember her retweeting during Sweden and Mexico about AllLive and the WRC in general. Doubt she'd be doing that if she was told she'd not be back. Here's hoping anyway.

dimviii
20th March 2018, 15:08
@Becsywecsy

Hello everyone, just want to address a number of questions that have been raised after the Motorsport Monday article. Yes, it’s more than just a rumour, WRC Live Radio in its current form will be changing after Rally Corsica.

I will explain more during our broadcast in Corsica of course. Every one of our listeners is important to us and we want to keep you fully informed. For 17 years I have been at the helm of WRC Live and it’s been an absolute pleasure.
WRC Live Radio will change form and will become an audio feed direct from All Live and will, as before remain a FREE audio stream.

Fast Eddie WRC
20th March 2018, 15:09
Becs Williams:
WRC Live Radio will change form and will become an audio feed direct from All Live and will, as before remain a FREE audio stream.

Franky
20th March 2018, 15:42
Sorry, but that does not even sound good. Television, which All Live is, is a visual medium. If you do radio on TV, it's far from good. And radio from TV feed audio ...

What they should do is implement the stage end radio reports into All Live, where they do not have a crew or someone asking questions. It's like the picture in picture thing that has been mentioned for years.

Fast Eddie WRC
20th March 2018, 16:04
I can see this being the start of the end of WRC Radio. The audio stream from the visual source will be poor and people wont put up with it.

Guess they want everyone on a pay version ie. WRC+ as soon as possible.

Rally Power
20th March 2018, 16:17
Couldn't agree more about the 'cartel' vibe.

Honestly, after Kiri’s absence I started wonder how the people in charge of the WRC promotion look at us, rally fans. Maybe they consider us as a bunch of nerds or morons looking for some exotic motorsport entertainment and no appetite for serious information about the rallysport and its industry.

Unless they realize they got the wrong profile of the rally audience and need to change it, probably they’ll never be able to provide a proper product. That’s really a shame.

dimviii
20th March 2018, 16:40
Guess they want everyone on a pay version ie. WRC+ as soon as possible.

thats the reason.
their product isnt popular,so now they force people to sign wrc plus.

clowns everywhere.

Franky
20th March 2018, 17:40
their product isnt popular

Because the product is still in beta phase, not a polish shelf ready product

rallyfiend
20th March 2018, 18:29
It's obviously popular enough with the manufacturers that they don't want to keep paying for Radio...

Perhaps All Live has meant the audience for Rally Radio has fallen off a lot and thus not financially viable.

er88
20th March 2018, 19:28
This is bad. Because unless they introduce the option of a no commentary option, we are going to have to suffer with the two commentators talking over every decent on-board, as Radio listeners are tuning in to the same feed :(

Fast Eddie WRC
21st March 2018, 09:44
I've emailed WRC+ during every rally this year suggesting a Pure Sound option for ALL LIVE. I suggest others do the same.

salamaja
21st March 2018, 10:24
I've emailed WRC+ during every rally this year suggesting a Pure Sound option for ALL LIVE. I suggest others do the same.

Don't know about WRC+ specifically but in some bigger companies/organizations repetitive messages go straight into junk/not important folders.
It would have some weight if they're sent from different addresses as you've suggested.

AnttiL
21st March 2018, 10:39
Dunno if it’s a coincidence but during Monte I tweeted a request for more behind-the-drivers onboard angle, it got a lot of likes and rt’s, and since then they have actually started to show more of this angle.

Fast Eddie WRC
21st March 2018, 11:35
I've also Tweeted #WRCLIVE and mentioned views from this forum, including a moan when they spoke over the whole 3mins of a Meeke onboard.

N.O.T
21st March 2018, 12:02
call them on the phone as well, i am sure they would love to hear from you, it would be quite entertaining... it would be one of those phone calls companies get and put it on speaker so the whole office can be entertained.

AnttiL
21st March 2018, 12:33
About the pure sound onboards, isn't it enough that you can watch them afterwards through WRC+? In general don't mind the commentary during All Live, it is kind of part of the package, but I agree that they could sometimes be quiet and let the viewers listen to the car and the pace notes during an onboard section.

Fast Eddie WRC
21st March 2018, 14:01
I've had good replies and comments from Becs and Co. - unlike from some of the scum we have to put up with on here.

Fast Eddie WRC
21st March 2018, 16:24
My previous email received the following reply:

Dear WRC+ user,

Thanks for your request and your interest in WRC+.

We are very much interested in steadily improving our service. However, the suggested feature is not planned yet. However we will forward your suggestion to the responsible persons and discuss your suggestion internally.

If you have any further questions please contact us via support@service-plus.wrc.com.

Best regards,
your WRC+ Team

AnttiL
21st March 2018, 16:50
That’s an autoreply?

N.O.T
21st March 2018, 17:27
My previous email received the following reply:

Dear WRC+ user,

Thanks for your request and your interest in WRC+.

We are very much interested in steadily improving our service. However, the suggested feature is not planned yet. However we will forward your suggestion to the responsible persons and discuss your suggestion internally.

If you have any further questions please contact us via support@service-plus.wrc.com.

Best regards,
your WRC+ Team

wow... that is a really nice reply... i wonder how much time did the script wait before triggering the autoreply.

KKS
21st March 2018, 21:19
Those idiots ruin even hard-based Rally Radio! Morons!

danon
21st March 2018, 22:01
https://media.giphy.com/media/KYkCKQaIagWtkqULhv/giphy.gif

KiwiWRCfan
4th April 2018, 20:26
Kiri Bloore who hosted WRC All Live in Monte Carlo is on her way to Corsica https://twitter.com/kiribloore/status/981566412937416705

JUF
5th April 2018, 06:34
Kiri Bloore who hosted WRC All Live in Monte Carlo is on her way to Corsica https://twitter.com/kiribloore/status/981566412937416705

She will probably replace Alexandra Legouix as she is unavaliable due to her WTCR commitments.

danon
5th April 2018, 21:14
https://media.giphy.com/media/aGfX5BKqv6ulhmLSrZ/giphy.gif

NickRally
6th April 2018, 08:24
Don't want to jinx her, but Kiri Bloore is so much better at presenting the program.

Fast Eddie WRC
6th April 2018, 13:39
The popular WRC Rally Radio service will come to an end after this weekend's Tour de Corse confirmed.

https://t.co/XKhC9D3zoZ https://t.co/BRifaWqnIf

If this morning's show was how it was going to be now, then I'm kind of glad... that Lisa O'Sullivan is awful.

seb_sh
6th April 2018, 14:29
They finally put the stage end interviews in a small picture in picture box, excellent! :D

ESTR
6th April 2018, 14:30
well stupid decision. with no times and now with no radio why they don't shut all down and make it secret coverage to only people who is actually there and watching by their eyes.

Fast Eddie WRC
6th April 2018, 16:59
They are shutting down the radio as a separate broadcast but there will still be a free audio stream of WRC+ All Live.

That can be any worse than the current rally radio as the main commentators are now on All Live anyway. As long as they incorporate the stage end interviews then it will be ok.

ESTR
6th April 2018, 18:07
Believe me it will be worse. Probably they want to make all people to subscribe to WRC+. But with constant lack of times, poor coverage, constant errors on picture itself and in 4th month already I don't know what to say.

KKS
6th April 2018, 18:16
They are shutting down the radio as a separate broadcast but there will still be a free audio stream of WRC+ All Live.

That can be any worse than the current rally radio as the main commentators are now on All Live anyway. As long as they incorporate the stage end interviews then it will be ok.
All Live commentary is worse what I heard.
I prefer more have Radio audio on All-live picture.

KKS
6th April 2018, 18:19
A biggest positives of WRR is that it is made by rally people! They live rally. All people at All-live except Rally Guru - just make show. Audio link of that farce - is useless

Fast Eddie WRC
6th April 2018, 18:25
Unfortunately I could only listen to the radio this morning and it was terrible. Lisa O'Sulluvan was hopeless, like some hospital radio DJ and completely amateurish.

The free audio of All Live cant be any worse than that.

It was preferable to just follow the split times and read the drivers comments on the text.

KKS
6th April 2018, 18:26
If you start listen rally radio only at this morning - your opinion about that is very "important"

er88
6th April 2018, 18:38
They better get that no commentary option implemented. I already get annoyed when Becs rambles on and it'll only get worse as she'll have to talk non stop for the radio listeners

steve.mandzij
6th April 2018, 18:54
Unfortunately I could only listen to the radio this morning and it was terrible. Lisa O'Sulluvan was hopeless, like some hospital radio DJ and completely amateurish.

The free audio of All Live cant be any worse than that.

It was preferable to just follow the split times and read the drivers comments on the text.The radio has always been super fun to me. Lisa's voice is nice filler for the moments between radio blunders.

Fast Eddie WRC
6th April 2018, 19:43
If you start listen rally radio only at this morning - your opinion about that is very "important"

What you on about ? Ive listened for years but its changed since WRC All Live this year and got much worse.

I can usually watch All Live but this morning was working so I listened to the radio. Garbage.

Fast Eddie WRC
6th April 2018, 20:03
They better get that no commentary option implemented. I already get annoyed when Becs rambles on and it'll only get worse as she'll have to talk non stop for the radio listeners

Email them... if we dont ask, we wont get.

KKS
6th April 2018, 21:45
Email them... if we dont ask, we wont get.
yep, you been e-mailing them, you have some response except auto-replay?
They didn't want do that since they started.
And they paid a lot of money for wrc+ and nobody was signing. Next stop is paid splits.

leighton323
7th April 2018, 07:13
Has anyone seen the centre roof top camera on AllLive? Saw it on Sordo's car so not sure if all the cars have it but it is a great addition!

Good to see them trying new things after a long period of sub standard camera angles

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

SubaruNorway
7th April 2018, 07:36
The new angle and better sound in Ogier's car is pretty good, bit off center only con

KKS
7th April 2018, 11:47
At SS07 stage end some guy (I hope some officials) look through windows for something. I notice that all WRC windows didn't have a tint at small circle. Why that circle exist and for what looking that guy?
http://i.piccy.info/i9/55ae0b3630aae28e16d1a8f40281dbe9/1523098920/142873/1149228/TDC_SS07_stageend.jpg

http://i.piccy.info/i9/68f21321bfec063cbf56b5e2e28e5ce9/1523099311/143658/1149228/TDC_SS07_stageend2.jpg

oops: wrong thread, confused

dimviii
7th April 2018, 11:53
spare wheel probably.

Essaj
7th April 2018, 14:30
We need stage times on the screen instead of overall results, makes no sense to me to have them like they are now.

Revman
7th April 2018, 15:14
Is anybody else having difficulty with the timing in the WRC app?

Fast Eddie WRC
7th April 2018, 22:45
We need stage times on the screen instead of overall results, makes no sense to me to have them like they are now.

They do have both but they are both in the same style and quite small. The splits and stage times need to be much more prominent... they are what really matters to the fans. Otherwise we are mainly just watching another car drive down a road.

Fast Eddie WRC
7th April 2018, 22:48
Is anybody else having difficulty with the timing in the WRC app?

WRC App and website are nearly always poor for times and splits.

The independent rally sites are usually quicker and more reliable.

Essaj
8th April 2018, 01:15
Somehow atleast Neste Ralli knew how to do it back in the early 2000's.
We need splits, we need end of the stage times and then commentators can talk about what kind of times drivers needs to have to advance in results.
https://youtu.be/mwtgFug3NIs?t=1877

Showing the battle for overall results (This http://prntscr.com/j2cf40) makes no sense at all for an average viewer.

Please WRC Just show the stage times and let the commentators to talk how it effects the overall times. PLEASE.

P.S Show more WRC2 and JWRC

KKS
8th April 2018, 12:05
Very good final word from Lisa at WRC Radio
:( sad that it's over

AndyRAC
8th April 2018, 12:58
Sad about Rally radio - I think it's a mistake. Radio and Pictures/ TV are different.....

Fast Eddie WRC
8th April 2018, 15:06
I might miss the radio when a stage is at a bad time and I cant watch... but things move on.

And a lot of the time the music, waffle and 'banter' annoyed the hell out of me.

Colin Clark's accent was also unsuitable for a crackly radio and Lisa O was often such an amateur.

Franky
8th April 2018, 15:18
Unfortunately WRC AllLive still has a long way to go. A very long way, if they started using picture in picture only now.

KKS
8th April 2018, 15:28
next they should invented a separate audio stream

Fast Eddie WRC
8th April 2018, 15:48
https://youtu.be/Iwuy4hHO3YQ ;)

SubaruNorway
8th April 2018, 15:58
next they should invented a separate audio stream

That's how the new "radio" will be like, i guess everyone apart from Lisa continues.
It needs music in the breaks though so you can just leave it on without having to check when it's back on, because the break music now is pretty annoying

Rally Power
10th April 2018, 20:11
Didn't follow Corsica. Any improvement on the All Live broadcast?

Franky
10th April 2018, 20:36
Didn't follow Corsica. Any improvement on the All Live broadcast?

Which aspects? Less rotating map. Split and stage times still secondary to overall standings. Nearly non-stop commenting. Stage end interviews about half the time shown as a small picture, while continuing focusing on the action. Missing the drama (Loeb off, Mikkelsen going wide, Meeke off, etc). Kiri (blonde) still seems more comfortable doing the job than Alex (brunette). Did I miss something?

stefanvv
10th April 2018, 20:42
All stages has been live, except 1 occasion I had to refresh the video broadcast. If that's improvement it's there.

SubaruNorway
10th April 2018, 20:47
Not too much to point the finger on from my point of view, Kiri maybe interrupting Julian a bit much when he gets technical.

The reason why they don't have all the onboards is because the satellite plane only has a footprint of 10km so especially on the stages that are on TV with longer intervalls you will sometimes only have two cars inside that i guess.

AnttiL
10th April 2018, 20:47
Which aspects? Less rotating map. Split and stage times still secondary to overall standings. Nearly non-stop commenting. Stage end interviews about half the time shown as a small picture, while continuing focusing on the action. Missing the drama (Loeb off, Mikkelsen going wide, Meeke off, etc). Kiri (blonde) still seems more comfortable doing the job than Alex (brunette). Did I miss something?

More and more behind the drivers onboard view, Becs and co seem to sometimes deliberately stay quiet during onboard bits.

dnb
11th April 2018, 04:55
And once it switched to handball game from LaolaTV about half a minute. :O

bassist
11th April 2018, 12:04
Anyone know if the WRC + should work on a 4k Smart TV. Set it up, signed in, got to WRC+ live with play icon for Rally Corsica, Nothing, just a bar at the bottom. No buffering, nothing. It worked fine on Latop!

salamaja
11th April 2018, 21:08
Anyone know if the WRC + should work on a 4k Smart TV. Set it up, signed in, got to WRC+ live with play icon for Rally Corsica, Nothing, just a bar at the bottom. No buffering, nothing. It worked fine on Latop!

"Anyone knows why my car doesn't work. My bike worked fine" - pretty much the same description =p With so little information it's impossible to know. Sometimes login/logout helps and make sure you ain't logged in on too many devices.

gheeD
17th May 2018, 17:21
Hmm, no more 7 day trials for new accounts?

NickRally
17th May 2018, 18:22
Yet another new presenter on All Live!

Fast Eddie WRC
17th May 2018, 21:27
Hmm, no more 7 day trials for new accounts?

Looks like that promo has ended. Cant complain though after 5 events for free.

The 8 remaining events can be watched on WRC+ for the cost of 4 months subs.

sonnybobiche
18th May 2018, 07:29
Kiri Bloore and (increasingly) Jon Desborough are consistently good as hosts at the 'front desk'. I'm willing to give the new lady the benefit of the doubt although her lisp is slightly grating. But my question is this: Why? WHY??? WHY DO YOU KEEP CHANGING THE HOST????? Bloore is good. Sign a contract already, you cheap German bastard.

KKS
18th May 2018, 07:46
Any promocodes? :D

HarriK
18th May 2018, 08:12
Who is that new host?

salamaja
18th May 2018, 08:28
Anyone has it working @AndroidTV atm? I get a player error on any video. Reinstalled couple of times with no luck :/
Works fine in browser.

theracingelf
18th May 2018, 08:37
Anyone has it working @AndroidTV atm? I get a player error on any video. Reinstalled couple of times with no luck :/
Works fine in browser.

Same problem on Samsung Tizen SmartTV. I've had these kind of problems nearly every rally where the SmartTv doesn't work properly on Fridays...

tc10a
18th May 2018, 08:39
Works fine in browser.

Working fine as always.

bomber21
18th May 2018, 08:49
Same problem on Samsung Tizen SmartTV. I've had these kind of problems nearly every rally where the SmartTv doesn't work properly on Fridays...

Working fine on my Samsung Smart TV via the WRC app. When I try to watch via Internet, it is loading for ever....

dodge33cymru
18th May 2018, 09:52
Starting to sense a pattern in the WRC+ hiring policy....

Really hope they start to make more use of Colin Clark on stages if he's on the team now.

Micke_VOC
18th May 2018, 09:58
The new host have a terrible voice..... and i have hard to understand some of the words she says,

sonnybobiche
18th May 2018, 11:43
Her speech is slightly annoying, but I have to admit she's actually a very good host. She's sharp, incisive, and unlike Bloore, she doesn't stammer as the director is yapping in her ear.

Ed: Also, she has the very fundamental skill of noticing when something in the production has gone terribly wrong, apologizing to the viewers, and vamping for a bit while it gets fixed. Everyone else always pretends that nothing is wrong, and it's infuriating. For that alone she gets a thumbs up from me.

sonnybobiche
18th May 2018, 13:55
One or two months ago they had the excellent idea of playing a classic rally from the archives during these 1hr+ breaks. They should do that every rally. The fans would all love to see a Portuguese rally from the 80s or 90s during service. It's way, way better than playing some silly supercut footage+music in a loop for an hour.

stefanvv
18th May 2018, 14:04
It was during Argentina round. Enjoyed it.

Essaj
18th May 2018, 15:55
Live maps still shows Juuso Nordgren as Jusso, if someone from the production is actually reading these could this be fixed?

racerx1979
19th May 2018, 08:22
Well you can always watch the live maps during the long breaks.. oh look Lappi is moving and so is Ostberg and Breen... weeee this is soo much fun.

Sulland
19th May 2018, 10:17
Is there any way we as users can choose what info we would like to see, in addition to the live film of driving?

Seems they are not using split times on all drivers and all aplits to try to create some exitement?
There are hard fights all through the field, in all classes, not just beetween the top dogs.

dodge33cymru
19th May 2018, 16:16
Show
W
R
C

Come on guys, it's actually an interesting battle this time, less studio yammering and replays of Lappi's face and show some more rallying please.

Mk2 RS2000
20th May 2018, 09:01
I realise that relative to the equator you fellows in the northern hemisphere don’t know which way up is but please could you stop loading the live maps upside down for me. Thanks

Sulland
20th May 2018, 13:15
For a all live viewers it is not good enough that the timingsystem is not able to work 100% on powerstages.
in almost all other sports they are able to get times live in split seconds.
I can understand it is hard in some stages, but the powerstage they need to improve, so we get more splits, where the clock count downwards to the current stage leader. Will make the show even better!

In general the All-Live team need to give more airtime to WRC2, and also discussions on that championship back at the HQ team. In many rallies it is much tighter there than in the top class.

satnav
20th May 2018, 23:55
One or two months ago they had the excellent idea of playing a classic rally from the archives during these 1hr+ breaks. They should do that every rally. The fans would all love to see a Portuguese rally from the 80s or 90s during service.It's way, way better than playing some silly supercut footage+music in a loop for an hour.

As regards showing older rallys , this is what Motorsport TV are doing after they show the daily highlights show they have a classic rally on , this weekend they showed the 1987, 1988 and tonight was the 1991 rallys all one hour programmes .

KKS
6th June 2018, 22:34
ITA2018 a 20% off for month subscribe.
Looking for 100% off promocode :D

sonnybobiche
9th June 2018, 15:47
All Live feed is dickered for everyone else too, right?

Ed: aaaand we're back.

Eli
9th June 2018, 15:51
All Live feed is dickered for everyone else too, right?

Yep it was

BigWorm
9th June 2018, 16:41
Very messy this afternoon, has it been like this all day? Missed the 1st loop because of work.

Rally Power
11th June 2018, 16:23
Strange…no onboards (even old ones) available on WRC+.

Btw, the new girl seems nice, but Kiri was a much better presenter. Bring her back!