PDA

View Full Version : Lukyanuk

Pages : [1] 2

Lundefaret
18th July 2014, 19:55
So how many incredible drives does Lukyanuk have to do before a factory team tries him out?
He should be a candidate for Hyundai, Peugeot or others.
He has impressed numerous times, and now he is at it again in Estonia! What a driver!

N.O.T
18th July 2014, 21:21
we are not in the 80s anymore... he has to pay for some years and test himself against proper drivers in proper cars... he can ridicule class b and c drivers in toy cars all he wants but without proper backing to test himself there is no future anymore... plus investing in a 34 year old is a waste of money.

miniwintz
18th July 2014, 22:00
At some point M-Sport or Citroen will have to do something about their driver line up if they don't want to lose all credibility as (pseudo)manufacturer teams. Right now Meeke and Hirvonen should be on the way out, and aside lukyanuk there are very few drivers that are very competitive at an european level.

ps: lundefaret sorry I saw your PMs incredibly late, I have not been here very often unfortunately. I'll do my best to find some time to answer you.

dimviii
19th July 2014, 01:07
So how many incredible drives does Lukyanuk have to do before a factory team tries him out?
He should be a candidate for Hyundai, Peugeot or others.
He has impressed numerous times, and now he is at it again in Estonia! What a driver!

he needs(and deserves) some drives with s2000/r5/rrc car.After that it will be more clear if hhe is for the big league.
Definetely his drives are awesome,but we haven t see him at different stages apart Esthonian and Finland stages.

Mihai
19th July 2014, 08:33
The fact that Lukyanuk is Russian won't do him any good marketing-wise in the current political context, if we're talking about him being offered a factory seat in the WRC/ERC. Perhaps it would be more realistic for him to knock on some oil/gas oligarch's door and ask for some money to buy an M-Sport ride in selected gravel rounds. A WRC-2 programme in a RRC would be just fine as well. I suspect Lukyanuk is really fast only on familiar road conditions and close to home, but I would be happy to be wrong about him :)

miniwintz
19th July 2014, 10:01
Perhaps Hänninen knows something we don't? Doesn't seem very happy :)
http://i.imgur.com/pQY3Lkq.jpg

Lundefaret
19th July 2014, 10:16
The fact that Lukyanuk is Russian won't do him any good marketing-wise in the current political context, if we're talking about him being offered a factory seat in the WRC/ERC. Perhaps it would be more realistic for him to knock on some oil/gas oligarch's door and ask for some money to buy an M-Sport ride in selected gravel rounds. A WRC-2 programme in a RRC would be just fine as well. I suspect Lukyanuk is really fast only on familiar road conditions and close to home, but I would be happy to be wrong about him :)

Well, I dont agree.
Even Mr Putins actions or non actions in The Ukrain does not hamper the fact that Russia it self is a very big market.

And internationally his driving style can bring back some of the entusiasm we lost with the departure of Colin McRae.
Tough Lukyanyk actually is a very Nose End First driver - and this proves that Nose End First does not need to be boring to watch (he does his ation in entries and in sections), he has some incredible moves. It would be very interesting to see if he can replicate this in a WRC car!

miniwintz
19th July 2014, 10:26
Lundefaret have you seen my PM? I am not sure I sent it correctly.

Lundefaret
19th July 2014, 11:20
Lundefaret have you seen my PM? I am not sure I sent it correctly.

Yep, seen it now. Thanks!

miniwintz
19th July 2014, 15:34
He was interviewed a few minutes ago on ERC radio, anyone knows how to access archived podcasts? Apparently he has nothing secured for the future and hopes that a good result in Estonia will help to be noticed by european sponsors (russian ones can't offer much more than competing in national events).

Lundefaret
19th July 2014, 22:38
Lukyanuk second only to "The-Not-Exactly-Slow" Ott Tännak in Rally Estonia. Beats the likes of Körge, Lappi, Kruuda, Wiegand, Chardonnet, and Sohlberg, all in R5 or S2000 cars. WOW!

stefanvv
19th July 2014, 22:45
Top leagues need such drivers

Mirek
19th July 2014, 23:13
Maybe some of You haven't watched this yes :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0kcaNTp64M

stefanvv
19th July 2014, 23:40
"Serious competition ahead" ;)

Juha_Koo
20th July 2014, 12:23
Maybe some of You haven't watched this yes :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0kcaNTp64M

I think Alexey Arnautov must be Russia's most calm man... :D The pace note voice is very calm in contrast to some other codrivers, especially taking into account the attack how the car is driven.

Incredible performance by them in Estonia! Just stunning what Lukyanuk can do with Gr. N car, I especially love the way he utilizises the weight of the car in the driving. For others it's a problem, he makes it almost an advantage!

PLuto
20th July 2014, 12:42
Lukyanuk is very crazy driver, very fast with production car. But he is fast on very fast stages. I would like to see him also on different type of stages (and also on different surface).

mousti
20th July 2014, 12:48
Yep but also with another car. S2000 RRC or R5. Because otherwise u cant really know his level if he's competing in ERC or .. WRC-2

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 5 met Tapatalk

br21
20th July 2014, 16:24
Lukyanuk is very good driver. Also very quick on not so fast gravel stages. Of course evoX is better suited to fast stages so it's easier for him than on more twisty and rough ones, but anyway he is very quick on every gravel stage. Hard to say about his pace on tarmac as he has almost no experience there! His pace with old Opel Astra was also impressive, you can check it on some videos also. And his "transformation" from Astra to Evo was really good, he was very fast immediately.

N.O.T
20th July 2014, 16:38
At the age of 34 he has nothing to offer to the top of the sport. Novikov was way younger than him and equally impressive and we all saw how that ended. He is very fast on roads he knows well and with lesser competition and a nice attraction to village events and B class championships. Tanak won this event very comfortably and he is the same person who crashes when he tries to be in touch with the second tier of drivers in the WRC.

miniwintz
20th July 2014, 16:45
quick onboard extract, the essence of his style

http://gfycat.com/ShadyKindheartedGalago

Rallyper
20th July 2014, 17:22
At the age of 34 he has nothing to offer to the top of the sport. Novikov was way younger than him and equally impressive and we all saw how that ended. He is very fast on roads he knows well and with lesser competition and a nice attraction to village events and B class championships. Tanak won this event very comfortably and he is the same person who crashes when he tries to be in touch with the second tier of drivers in the WRC.

The only thing N.O.T. is you can´t compare him with Novikov. No way. Two different persons. One with money having no problem to get what he wants. The other pure driving skills without having the chance to prove what he´s able to do. 34 is no problem. He´s going to be better up to about +40´s.

N.O.T
20th July 2014, 18:16
Can you name someone who started a career in the WRC at 34 ?? he will need at least 2 years to get familiar with the car and the stages... and what about tarmac ? at the age of 36 most people drive one two years and then retire...

Novikov also had pure driving skills and he was 17 at the time....

cali
20th July 2014, 19:25
Marcus Grönholm was 31 or 32 smth when he joined WRC with Peugeot.

One thing is sure, we need to see Lukyanuk driving on other roads, surfaces and cars. I do not really care about the results as he is very impressive to spectate. And I'm very sure he will do fine on any kind of gravel roads driving modern rallycars. Not sure about tarmac though.

N.O.T
20th July 2014, 20:19
Marcus Grönholm was 31 or 32 smth when he joined WRC with Peugeot.

One thing is sure, we need to see Lukyanuk driving on other roads, surfaces and cars. I do not really care about the results as he is very impressive to spectate. And I'm very sure he will do fine on any kind of gravel roads driving modern rallycars. Not sure about tarmac though.

Gronholm had WRC experience though. Lunyanuk has not even driven a proper rally car like an R5 or s2000...let alone a WRC.

Rallyper
20th July 2014, 20:47
OK, discussion is very hypothetical atm. However making negative statements before we´ve seen what he can do is for me enough of discussion. I think 99% of forum members agree we want to see him in a R5 or WRC car in the near future. Not in single events. That is not enough judging his abilities.

miniwintz
21st July 2014, 10:13
More than his age, his nationality is probably the biggest handicap he has right now while looking for a team or for sponsors.
With the Syrian crisis a few years ago and the Ukrainian crisis today, Russia is starting to become a more and more "rogue" state where negotiations and free trade with the outside world getting more and more difficult. Also because of Putin's foreign policies, Russia's image is getting worse and worse on an International stand point, and I highly doubt that we would see any euro/korean/japanese manufacturer or big sponsor "investing" in this market right now, actually it is much more likely to be the opposite.

I would like to be optimistic but the reality is that with every day that passes, it will get even more difficult for him to move up a category, obviously the fact that he is 34 already clearly does not play in his own favor.

PS: while I agree with rallyper that the comparison with Novikov is a bit far fetched, does anyone know why his sponsors suddenly cut the faucet? His numerous crash were hardly new, and during 2013 he's still shown some progress, I was surprised he backed off the WRC so suddenly. Couldn't it be somehow political as well?

GigiGalliNo1
21st July 2014, 13:18
Who?

miniwintz
21st July 2014, 13:43
Novikov. One year he is doing full calendar and the next year no one hears about him anymore... He disappeared from rallying so suddenly, I find it very strange.

Tofrallye29
21st July 2014, 16:30
Can you name someone who started a career in the WRC at 34 ?? he will need at least 2 years to get familiar with the car and the stages... and what about tarmac ? at the age of 36 most people drive one two years and then retire...

Novikov also had pure driving skills and he was 17 at the time....
Panizzi has begun his WRC career in 2000 ans he was 35 YO. And if you don't count 2011, Meeke is 35 yo this year ;)

N.O.T
21st July 2014, 16:41
all these drivers did not came out of nowhere... they were established champions in respectable championships and had vast experience with proper rally cars.

Lukyanuk sure deserves a chance in a proper car at least in events that are similar to the ones he drives, but there is absolutely no chance and reason for a sane factory boss to give him a drive without paying...

Rallyper
21st July 2014, 18:23
Still they´re selling cars in Russia, don´t they? So anyone want to sell more cars in russia, Lukuanuyk could be one reason. For sure. Don´t make political of everything. The market in Russia goes on anyway.

pasklik
22nd July 2014, 17:39
they are makeing crap cars there. no way of rallying them with fast speeds :)

miniwintz
9th September 2014, 19:47
What is he doing in Polo Cup? Looks like desperate attempts to get noticed...

http://www.almrally.ru/vwpolocup/info/122012/

1. Алексей Лукьянюк 39:47.8
2. Алексей Игнатов +1:41.0
3. Михаил Кривоспицкий +2:08.1

how is this even a competition

stefanvv
9th September 2014, 19:59
What class are the cars in this cup?

miniwintz
9th September 2014, 20:32
It's probably not FIA homologated, but looks similar to R1, very close to production Polo which is a bit boring...

http://www.volkswagen-motorsport.com/fileadmin/user_upload/Fans_Friends/3%20International/Saison/2014/Volkswagen_Polo_Cup_Russland/20140908_Lukyanyuk_Pskov/886x498px_02_img_9391.jpg

eib1
23rd September 2014, 22:15
onboards from his last 3 rallies, enjoy :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqXbABkdp-Y

OnlyRally
24th September 2014, 21:06
onboards from his last 3 rallies, enjoy :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqXbABkdp-Y

Is he a human?

kolin
25th September 2014, 07:09
He is not human. He is a crazy Russian :D.
He is very awesome driver

nafpaktos
25th September 2014, 14:54
On 2,32 he flicks the car.PLEASE NOTICE THE KM!!!!

Co-driven
26th September 2014, 11:48
This is what is missing on WRC, this kind of driving. I know he might not be the fastest driver on the world, but this commitment attracts people.

Rallyper
26th September 2014, 16:44
Yepp, commitment and daring to go on highest gear around 5 corners and over crests. Only a few of top drivers can do that. Though I presume he´d need to have a mentor to finish rounds in a WRC car.

Lundefaret
27th September 2014, 18:48
We need Lukyanuk in the WRC, I agree! The most spectacular driver at the moment, and he is fast. And he has also proven that he has good enough pace notes to win on unfamiliar rallies, like in Finland in 2013, where he beat VERY strong competition from amongst others the Group N legend Salo (who drove a Group R). And not only beating them, he demolished them!

janvanvurpa
28th September 2014, 05:43
He is not human. He is a crazy Russian :D.
He is very awesome driver

Wow! that was great! Hey does anybody know what kind of cars he started with? The absolute first cars?? Maybe before rally even?

cali
28th September 2014, 09:38
Couple years ago he appeared to estonian rally scene driving Opel Astra

janvanvurpa
28th September 2014, 18:44
Couple years ago he appeared to estonian rally scene driving Opel Astra

Thanks Cali, I did see that. And Astra is a good car, but I was wondering what ANY car he started with. I saw something about old Lada but his casula and continuous sideways style makes me wonder if tthere is a lot of RWD is the background since he seems so comfortable "dancing" with the car.

stefanvv
28th September 2014, 19:02
I saw something about old Lada

Post comunist Lada Samara is FWD. There are even 4WD version for Rallies in Russia I think. But You probably mean the most famous Lada in the Western world - VFTS (or it's not that tuned predecessor 2107/05).

Anyway some words about Lukyanuk. All his experience looks on similar roads, quite entertaining, but not enough for E/WRC. So I'd like to see him on various surfaces/car classes too. I think he will be fast and spectacular there too, but it's only a suggestion.

janvanvurpa
28th September 2014, 21:28
Post comunist Lada Samara is FWD. There are even 4WD version for Rallies in Russia I think. But You probably mean the most famous Lada in the Western world - VFTS (or it's not that tuned predecessor 2107/05).

Anyway some words about Lukyanuk. All his experience looks on similar roads, quite entertaining, but not enough for E/WRC. So I'd like to see him on various surfaces/car classes too. I think he will be fast and spectacular there too, but it's only a suggestion.

I don't know about "the Western World". I only know what I know and top me the most famous Lada is the good old this one, sideways, as Bogu intended!*
http://allracingcars.com/gallery/lada-2105/2105-rally-drift.jpg

I knew that for some reason they eventually made a FWD car, pooor Rooskies! No more sideways action any time!

I wondered because we have a very strange dogma in America--so you, where every kid with a keyboard and Colin McRae Rally game is expert driver, and tactician and where as a result we make so many battalions, no divisions of WRC drivers scoring so many points, right:rolleyes: and all the 'ex-spurt' say FWD is best to learn in...
and "all the current WRC drivers all learned in FWD car"..

I say it doesn't matter the drive type if its FWD or RWD, it matters the specification of the car... That a Piece of scheisse FWD OR a piece of scheisse RWD car (no steering, no diff-brems oder LSD, crap gearing (achsubersetzung heisst daas oder wass), no brakes) is mainly a pieces of scheisse and you learn little,

while on the other hand a good FWD or a good RWD are both fine to learn..
That's why I say Astra, OK we know that is excellent car because they worked good for so many drivers in national and World championship events and I know the parts that go in...

I just wondered about Lukyanuk as i said because he dance so good like mainly I see guys with RWD experience in their early days.

* If God did not intended us to drive sideways, then why did he invent RWD and why he invent gravel? And snow!??

stefanvv
28th September 2014, 21:52
I don't know about "the Western World".

I named it because this Lada is most popular now in the "open" world (I think it was something designed for Group B). And rightly so because is the most powerful, and also RWD - yes.

I knew that for some reason they eventually made a FWD car, pooor Rooskies! No more sideways action any time!

I wondered because we have a very strage dogma in America--so youw, where every kid with a keyboard and COlin McRae Rally game is expert driver, and tactician and where as a result we make so many battalions, no divisions of WRC drivers scoring so many points, right:rolleyes: and all the 'ex-spurt' say FWD is best to learn in...
and "all the current WRC drivers all learned in FWD car"..

I say it doesn't matter thedrive type FWD or RWD, it matters the specification of the car... That a Piece of scheisse FWD OR a piece of scheisse RWD car (no steering, no diff-brems oder LSD, crap gearing (achsubersetzung heisst daas oder wass), no brakes) is mainly a pieces of scheisse and you learn little, while on the other hand a good FWD or a good RWD are both fine to learn..
That's why I say Astra, OK we know that is excellent car because they worked good for so many drivers in national and World championship events and I know the parts that go in...

I just wondered about Lukyanuk as i said because he dance so good like mainly I see guys with RWD in their early days.

* If God did not intended us to drive sideways, then why did he invent RWD and why he invent gravel? And snow!??

I see Your point. FWD isn't something new. I think Mini made break through with such in Monte Carlo (50's - 60's, don't remember exact year). The common impression FWD driver is better probably comes from recent World champions - Loeb, Ogier were S1600 champions, which is essentially FWD as some kitcars beating WRC on regular basis in early 2000's on the asphalt rounds. I honestly can't make such final judgement as I know RWD car is probably more difficult to drive, so when You master it, You can drive anything. Just theory anyway.

Lundefaret
30th September 2014, 12:29
Trying to help Lukyanuk as much as I can.

Do anybody of You have som leads to potential sponsors either in Russia or The Baltic states?

Lundefaret
30th September 2014, 12:34
What about something like this?

AdvEvo
30th September 2014, 12:50
I have raced almost al my life started at 9 years old on go karts and raced bmw porsche s did 24 hours of dubai etc. I have owned bmw's, some fwd and evo s and subaru s. I am 42 now. So you can say i have some experience on RWD and some fwd and awd cars:) I got my rally license at 40 years old. And started do some rally s and did in finland a rally training with subaru sti gr n with instruction from a finnish rally driver.

The problem i have driving a 4wd rally car coming out of a RWD car is that i counter steer way to early if the back steps out. The result is that you get understeer in the 4wd car. You need to wait longer with counters steer you need to rotate the car. If you do that with a RWD you go backwards into the bushes. RWD style is very different to 4wd. I think FWD comes closer to 4wd in style then RWD.

I am more a RWD fan. It s more of a handfull. I was considering which car i want to drive some rally s for maximum fun. So i am building myself almost an exact copy of E30 M3 prodrive rally car. Can t wait to drive the car!

janvanvurpa
30th September 2014, 16:45
I have raced almost al my life started at 9 years old on go karts and raced bmw porsche s did 24 hours of dubai etc. I have owned bmw's, some fwd and evo s and subaru s. I am 42 now. So you can say i have some experience on RWD and some fwd and awd cars:) I got my rally license at 40 years old. And started do some rally s and did in finland a rally training with subaru sti gr n with instruction from a finnish rally driver.

The problem i have driving a 4wd rally car coming out of a RWD car is that i counter steer way to early if the back steps out. The result is that you get understeer in the 4wd car. You need to wait longer with counters steer you need to rotate the car. If you do that with a RWD you go backwards into the bushes. RWD style is very different to 4wd. I think FWD comes closer to 4wd in style then RWD.

I am more a RWD fan. It s more of a handfull. I was considering which car i want to drive some rally s for maximum fun. So i am building myself almost an exact copy of E30 M3 prodrive rally car. Can t wait to drive the car!

Oh such a shame so few people put where they are from in the profile...and give no hints with their name..
So:
Where are you from? Shall the BMW be for gravel? And what shall not be exact copy of the old Prodrive cars?

First thing that springs to my mind is bigger front struts!

Are you building the motor? the 16V 4 cylinder?

AdvEvo
30th September 2014, 23:39
Sorry i am from holland.

The engine will be the 4 cil with 300hp. Car setup is for asphalt. We try to get as close as possible to the prodrive cars. Some parts will be new. Like it gets an electronic dash. Cage is almost the same only i wanted to have a cross next to the door and safety belts go on the cage. Otherwise it s like the original matter cage.

Rallyper
2nd October 2014, 20:34
Sorry i am from holland.

The engine will be the 4 cil with 300hp. Car setup is for asphalt. We try to get as close as possible to the prodrive cars. Some parts will be new. Like it gets an electronic dash. Cage is almost the same only i wanted to have a cross next to the door and safety belts go on the cage. Otherwise it s like the original matter cage.

Very much OT!!

Lundefaret
2nd October 2014, 20:35
No disrespect but can we keep on topic? Lukyanuk ;-)

janvanvurpa
3rd October 2014, 03:12
No disrespect but can we keep on topic? Lukyanuk ;-)

Well can you get it back to his nice driving and his ability to 'dans' with the car...
I am wondering where he got his skills, what was his nursery?

miniwintz
5th October 2014, 18:09
What about something like this?

his nickname is "Lukas", which would suit the livery even better :P

Anyway, I can't imagine that the big teams haven't considered him already, at least as a test driver or for selected events... And if they did not choose him, it means that it will probably be difficult to make it happen. There is already sufficient proof of his skills...

The bigger problem is that rallying is very much centered around Europe. No market in the US, almost nothing in Asia nor Oceania. In the Middle East, there's a lot of money but I don't think there is a proper rallying scene. So if Russia is not in good terms with the rest of Europe, it's going to be difficult for companies from either side to invest big money where it's already so difficult to measure the returns on investments (rallying).

I see no other solution than a Western European manufacturer showing they have some courage and putting him at least as a test driver on R5 or better. Now that Citroën Racing is running on almost 100% Arab funds, something might happen if they get the hint...

ArunasWRT
27th October 2014, 21:07
Alexey will get a opportunity to drive Fiesta R5

www.waldviertel-rallye.at/cms/?p=4900

He will have some test before rally

satukata
27th October 2014, 21:28
Alexey will get a opportunity to drive Fiesta R5

www.waldviertel-rallye.at/cms/?p=4900

He will have some test before rally

Great news. Is this gravel rally? Any other good drivers in this rally? why he is going to drive this rally? is this possible preparation for wales rally gb? Never heard this rally? is this in hungary? where he got the car and money?

Franky
27th October 2014, 21:37
Great news. Is this gravel rally? Any other good drivers in this rally? why he is going to drive this rally? is this possible preparation for wales rally gb? Never heard this rally? is this in hungary? where he got the car and money?

Why not just google or read the rally website?

The rally is in Austria. The entry list should be published tomorrow, if I understood the German text correctly

Car/money, quite possibly from Ukraine. Why? Different co-driver and the team name 'We Want Peace'.

He isn't on the GB entry list.

Mirek
27th October 2014, 21:40
Great news. Is this gravel rally?

True mixed event. Don't know exact percentage but I think most of the stages are mixed. Drivers usually use gravel setup and tyres but not always. Depends on the actual route which I don't know.

Any other good drivers in this rally? why he is going to drive this rally?

I think that the entry list has not been revealed yet. What is sure is that Austrian multischampion Baumschlager is skipping it. Usually there is a lot of central European drivers from everywhere around. Let's see this year.

is this possible preparation for wales rally gb?

I don't think so.

Never heard this rally?

It's one of the most famous Austrian events. In the past it has been run under name Semperit rally.

is this in hungary?

Austria, near Czech border (at Horn).

where he got the car and money?

Co-driver pays it (it's not his usual one). It's also kind of big gesture while they will be Russian/Ukrainean crew.

satukata
27th October 2014, 21:58
Great info Mirek

WUff1
28th October 2014, 06:43
It´s mixed but mostly gravel, don´t know the exact percentage too.

Other more prominent starters are Krum Donchev, Oleksandr Saliuk, the actual Turkish champion, and the leading guys of Hungarian championship (Kazar, Herczig, etc.), for which this rally counts too.
It´s the last round of the European rally trophy too (San Remo, Madeira, Croatia, etc.)

WRC1
28th October 2014, 08:58
percentage: friday 8% gravel - 92% tarmac
saturday 72% gravel - 28% tarmac

TopDrivers on Entry List for all 2 days: Donchev/Fiesta R5; Avci/207 s2000; Botka/Evo9; Lukyanuk/FiestaR5; Lategan/Fabia s2000; Kabacinski/Sti08
TopDrivers on Entry List for Saturday (Hungarian Championship): Kazaz/FiestaR5; Herczig/Fabias2000; Olle/Fiesta s2000; Turan/208R5; Tempestini/FiestaR5

WUff1
28th October 2014, 14:46
percentage: friday 8% gravel - 92% tarmac
saturday 72% gravel - 28% tarmac

TopDrivers on Entry List for all 2 days: Donchev/Fiesta R5; Avci/207 s2000; Botka/Evo9; Lukyanuk/FiestaR5; Lategan/Fabia s2000; Kabacinski/Sti08
TopDrivers on Entry List for Saturday (Hungarian Championship): Kazaz/FiestaR5; Herczig/Fabias2000; Olle/Fiesta s2000; Turan/208R5; Tempestini/FiestaR5

http://www.motorline.cc/include/pages/download.php?type=hp_download&filename=static%2Farticle%2Fparagraph%2Ffiles%2F0% 2F0bf7f55bb3a8adfff66b71fff07f19e3.pdf&name=Waldviertel-Rallye-2014-Nennliste.pdf&filemode=&title=Waldviertel-Rallye-2014-Nennliste.pdf

miniwintz
31st October 2014, 15:51
Great news! Crossing my fingers we will get to see some onboard action!

miniwintz
6th November 2014, 15:28
Fiesta test on tarmac, the car clearly seems a bit too small and too responsive haha :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaVlP-fO-bM&feature=youtu.be

Promising though, considering how little time he has had in this car

ArunasWRT
6th November 2014, 15:48
The design for the car

stefanvv
6th November 2014, 16:34
Fiesta test on tarmac, the car clearly seems a bit too small and too responsive haha :D

It is responsive, but it is also very slippery there.

Lundefaret
9th November 2014, 00:29
It is responsive, but it is also very slippery there.

The rally ended with a big mistake, that should have been avoided in the pace notes. But Lukyanuk showed good speed on an unfamiliar surface, and in an unfamiliar car. Would be very good to see him in a R5 for the next season.

Rallyper
9th November 2014, 00:45
Maybe you´re right. But do they have gravel or tarmac crews? Wasn´t it mud thrown by onther cars on the surface?

Co-driven
9th November 2014, 01:22
The rally ended with a big mistake, that should have been avoided in the pace notes. But Lukyanuk showed good speed on an unfamiliar surface, and in an unfamiliar car. Would be very good to see him in a R5 for the next season.

And he had a new co-driver, right?

Vladik
9th November 2014, 07:17
And he had a new co-driver, right?

Yes, but only for one rally.

Mirek
9th November 2014, 15:41
Maybe you´re right. But do they have gravel or tarmac crews? Wasn´t it mud thrown by onther cars on the surface?

Yes, it was but that's part of the experience from driving similar events. Be sure that those who know such events are able to expect where mud will be and can put that into their pacenotes. I think for Alex it was completely new experience in Austria so it's not really something to blame him for. It's important to take a lesson for next time.

Lundefaret
9th November 2014, 17:09

One could analyze ones mistakes the easye way by letting other people, circumstances etc take the blame. But tis way it will only happen again under the same circumtsances.

One could also analyze ones mistakes the hard way, by taking responsibility and analyzing what one could have done differently, to avoid the same mistake again.

Mud being thrown on the road on a tarmac rally held on mixed surfaces in the rain is a rule, not an exeption.

Being aware of the outside of the road when You write pace notes so You know where it is "safe" to go off/push (like Loeb always did), is of utter importance.

Lukyanuk is still inexperienced, and is still extremely fast, and this was a very difficult event to have a one off in a new car/class, but it is still his own mistake. But that is not important. The important part is what he takes away from it, how he digests these new experiences to something that can help him be even faster and safer.

Lukyanuk is a very smart man, and I am sure that he will come away stronger and faster :)

bluuford
9th November 2014, 18:03
Lukyanuk has never driven proper tarmac rally. One test before this rally, a few ss km in Estonian championship (motly sss city stages and a few more stages in Viru rally) and I belive he has never used tarmac tyres on those rallies as well. So, to go with that speed on first rally is good, however, seems that he needs to slow down a little.. at least for the beginning.

Rallyper
9th November 2014, 18:40
Hard way or easy way could even be same thing this time. I´m sure he´ll take with him the experience and avoiding this kind next time. But there are several more things to learn, which I belive he will if he gets the chance driving R5 in the future. We are many fans wanting to see him up there.

Juha_Koo
9th November 2014, 21:56
Lukyanuk has never driven proper tarmac rally. One test before this rally, a few ss km in Estonian championship (motly sss city stages and a few more stages in Viru rally) and I belive he has never used tarmac tyres on those rallies as well. So, to go with that speed on first rally is good, however, seems that he needs to slow down a little.. at least for the beginning.

Remember Rally Masters Show tarmac stages in Moscow(?) ;)

Lundefaret
9th November 2014, 22:32
Hard way or easy way could even be same thing this time. I´m sure he´ll take with him the experience and avoiding this kind next time. But there are several more things to learn, which I belive he will if he gets the chance driving R5 in the future. We are many fans wanting to see him up there.

This I agree with completly, he is my absolute number 1 favorite driver outside the WRC at the moment.

miniwintz
25th November 2014, 17:57
Onboard Waldviertel rallye Super Special Stage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9TQZgIq9wM

lewalcindor
25th November 2014, 18:23
Just saw this one from the ERC Rally Estonia event back in July:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUU1UUDTgiM

bluuford
25th November 2014, 18:59

My favourite stage :-) This year I was spectating at around 1:27 :-) My favourite place is at 2:37, but it is a bit more difficult to access:-)

gorganl2000
25th November 2014, 19:07

that's a very fast stage. must be fun for the drivers

Oliverk
25th November 2014, 19:32
My favourite stage :-) This year I was spectating at around 1:27 :-) My favourite place is at 2:37, but it is a bit more difficult to access:-)

I was at 2.37 this year and previous one also. It is really easy actually to get there. Only about 300-400 m to walk on the stage from the previous junction.

that's a very fast stage. must be fun for the drivers
That's what's rally all about. Fast roads, big jumps and fast full speed corners. Plenty of that in Rally Estonia :D

Mirek
25th November 2014, 23:21
Yeah, this onboard is absolutely incredible. I have watched it so many times already. The wicked sideways jump at 2:05 is one of the craziest things I have ever seen in rallying :)

stefanvv
26th November 2014, 05:10
If You don't know what he said finishing the stage, it is "196, wohoooo":D

latek
26th November 2014, 05:13

That's mental driving. I would love to see him in WRC. I think in Finland and Poland he would be right away in a fight for podiums. Other events not so much as he seems to drive mainly fast and flowing rallies so he lacks experience. Wasn't he getting close and even beating on some stages top wrc2 guys in NORF 2013, his sole WRC event, driving Lancer?

WUff1
26th November 2014, 06:25

Flat Out all the time!

mohit
26th November 2014, 06:49
he can do well in finland for sure he knows how to exit a jump and in to a turn.

nice video

sindroms
26th November 2014, 09:04

Wanted to add this 2:37 spot to my data base, when discovered that's allready there :) See you next year there! ;)

Sladden
26th November 2014, 10:36
The driving and steering input the video above reminded me a bit of Colin Mcrae in the GrA Legacy/Impreza Days. That is a good thing!!

miniwintz
26th November 2014, 12:29
Who said steering inputs? :P

http://gfycat.com/ShadyKindheartedGalago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCP71qXvsWU&feature=youtu.be&t=13m59s

AdvEvo
26th November 2014, 13:52
Why does this man has not an R5 seat. Second with a group N. That s insane!

ArunasWRT
26th November 2014, 14:47
Here you can find all videos about Lukyanuk from this year Estonian rally championship.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCG_Pt_7528mF5vau5lJ3-3w

denkimi
26th November 2014, 14:49
That's mental driving. I would love to see him in WRC. I think in Finland and Poland he would be right away in a fight for podiums. Other events not so much as he seems to drive mainly fast and flowing rallies so he lacks experience. Wasn't he getting close and even beating on some stages top wrc2 guys in NORF 2013, his sole WRC event, driving Lancer?
if he manages to stay on the road he could be near the top 10 in finland, maybe even in it if enough people in front crash out, but thats it.
he has great commitment, but that won't be enough to follow the top drivers.

miniwintz
26th November 2014, 15:19
Finland is one of the most competitive rallies in the championship and attracts all the specialists. With proper preparation I have no doubt he could win WRC2 but for podiums in WRC it is another story.

manthey
26th November 2014, 18:00
Here you can find all videos about Lukyanuk from this year Estonian rally championship.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCG_Pt_7528mF5vau5lJ3-3w

a little curiosity..first video on the youtube channel shows a polo "wrc" style...is it based on mitsu evo? it sounds like the mitsu....

ArunasWRT
26th November 2014, 22:13
a little curiosity..first video on the youtube channel shows a polo "wrc" style...is it based on mitsu evo? it sounds like the mitsu....
Yes it's VW Polo, with EVO X, suspension and engine. Like EVO X just in other body.

manthey
28th November 2014, 16:24
Yes it's VW Polo, with EVO X, suspension and engine. Like EVO X just in other body.

thanks for the confirm, my guess given the sound was correct ;)

Tom206wrc
13th December 2014, 08:20
Why does this man has not an R5 seat. Second with a group N. That s insane!

Wasn't there a rumour months ago about a Citroën DS3 R5 for him :confused:

Vladik
13th December 2014, 08:39
This rumor born at the end of 2013, but nothing serious. He wants to make some rallies in R5 car, but still haven't budget :(

rage82
17th December 2014, 15:00
Lukyanuk now is on the entry list for Janner rally with Fiesta R5 and co- driver Chervonenko from Ukraine. Cherrvonenko is the co-driver for Saluik and they are doing rallies in European cup with Fiesta R5. Hopefully Lukyanuk with the money coming from the ukranian co- driver can do some more rallies in ERC and get noticed by the works teams.

PLuto
17th December 2014, 15:05
Lukyanuk now is on the entry list for Janner rally with Fiesta R5 and co- driver Chervonenko from Ukraine. Cherrvonenko is the co-driver for Saluik and they are doing rallies in European cup with Fiesta R5. Hopefully Lukyanuk with the money coming from the ukranian co- driver can do some more rallies in ERC and get noticed by the works teams.

They were starting together (Lukyanuk and Chervonenko) last year on Waldviertel. I also hope they will do more ERC rounds this year...

Ounin
17th December 2014, 15:17
Great news, Lukyanuk welcome to ERC 2015!
Let the earth shake, its opposite lock time!
I'm more than happy

stefanvv
17th December 2014, 15:35
All the best to Mr. Lukyanuk

miniwintz
17th December 2014, 18:36
Very good news. All signs point towards a huge fight! Can't wait!

WUff1
17th December 2014, 18:53
Finally happy to welcome him back to Austria and to my home rally, where I hope to see him in stages (missed Rally Waldviertel)!

muratgunarslan
20th December 2014, 16:29
Lukyanuk is mad, I dont want to be his co-driver :D

AGA
23rd April 2015, 19:27
Alexey Lukyanuk and his regular co-driver Alexey Arnautov will drive M-sport Fiesta RS WRC at Rally Finland.

http://www.alexeylukyanuk.com/index.php/191-aleksej-lukyanyuk-vystupit-na-etape-chempionata-mira-po-ralli.html

EstWRC
24th April 2015, 08:25
Wonderful news, he has rallied a lot in estonia that a lot of the estonian rally fans treat him like he is one of ours and he is the defending estonian champion at the moment so i feel like we have another estonian in rally finland this year :)

Ounin
24th April 2015, 11:27
Great news, also in this for him difficult financial situation due to Russian problems apparently many people support him!

sindroms
24th April 2015, 11:54
Great news, also in this for him difficult financial situation due to Russian problems apparently many people support him!

This is not the case. Do you remember, about year ago rumor about Novikov in NORF 2014 appeared and disappeared then? As I understood it - Malcolm owes one race and Novikovs sponsor decided spend it on Lukyanuk.

Ounin
24th April 2015, 12:48
This is not the case. Do you remember, about year ago rumor about Novikov in NORF 2014 appeared and disappeared then? As I understood it - Malcolm owes one race and Novikovs sponsor decided spend it on Lukyanuk.
This sponsor has made a very very good decision indeed.

A FONDO
13th June 2015, 20:40
http://cs625526.vk.me/v625526807/343fe/bf7p5uzP0Gs.jpg

http://cs625526.vk.me/v625526807/34406/3KvnidS73mM.jpg

Fast Eddie WRC
19th July 2015, 17:43
This is Lukyanuk on the final stage - still flat-out - and he took the win in Rally Estonia !!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v282/EddieFocus/Luky_zpsxq7gyvko.jpg

Fast Eddie WRC
19th July 2015, 17:45
Support him for Rally Finland:

http://www.alexeylukyanuk.com/images/thumbnails/public_html/images/2015/news/IMG_5648-300x130.JPG

http://www.alexeylukyanuk.com/index.php/195-fanatam-ekipazha.html

Ounin
19th July 2015, 17:49
My god what a hero, long time ago a group N car has won or was able to win a full R5 ERC rally, with all specialists and local knowledgement present, at the end the biggest specialist with the biggest heart and biggest talent got the win. Hope he finds the budget for more ERC and WRC outings this year, looking forward to Finland.

Negaiss
19th July 2015, 22:20
Lukyanuk - what a man. No fear. Go Big or go home. He goes Big. Wait to see him in finland. This is a one of WRC drive so I expect Lukas to go BIG. It is almoast 100% he will crash out at some point, but that is right way to do to impress somebody. At first some impresive stage times - maybe one top 6 time, an then crash, because there is no way for a newcomer to finish top 10 or better at first time. Lukas is a simple guy. He has no money. He is very lucky to get to the place he is in now. He started with opel astra and ended up winning ERC event just because there was people who could support him just because it was clealy visible, thas he has what it takes to be a successeful rally driver. I hope he has an oportunity to test a WRC Car before Finland. GO GO GO !

stefanvv
19th July 2015, 22:29
If he was coming from France for sure he would be on higher level by now. Best of Luck to him in NORF and future career....

dimviii
19th July 2015, 22:30
He started with opel astra !

wasnt a Lada 2105?

Ounin
20th July 2015, 09:12
Lukyanuk - what a man. No fear. Go Big or go home. He goes Big. Wait to see him in finland. This is a one of WRC drive so I expect Lukas to go BIG. It is almoast 100% he will crash out at some point, but that is right way to do to impress somebody. At first some impresive stage times - maybe one top 6 time, an then crash, because there is no way for a newcomer to finish top 10 or better at first time. Lukas is a simple guy. He has no money. He is very lucky to get to the place he is in now. He started with opel astra and ended up winning ERC event just because there was people who could support him just because it was clealy visible, thas he has what it takes to be a successeful rally driver. I hope he has an oportunity to test a WRC Car before Finland. GO GO GO !

Maybe he does crash in Finland but I tell you what; he finished some rallies this year more than I expected so despite his 110% he manages to keep on the road. Like Ireland it's very fast tarmac, narrow and unforgiving but he did a smart learning curve. On the other hand he had a big off at Liepäja...
I just hope that a sponsor will pop up or some manufacturer will show interest in him, honestly speaking the Russian market is a huge market for car sales ... Come on Yves Matton wake up.
I'm dreaming.

AP-Racing
20th July 2015, 14:49
Come on Yves Matton wake up.
I'm dreaming.

Russia - isn't interesting for PSA

macebig
20th July 2015, 14:59
Maybe he needs a Chinese citizenship...

miniwintz
20th July 2015, 15:19
Russian economy is collapsing, he might need another citizenship indeed... I know of another one with the same three colors that would please Mr Matton a lot :D :D :D

dimviii
20th July 2015, 20:56
i was trying to read his statistics,and dissapointed
http://www.ewrc-results.com/coprofile.php?p=16792

any other site?

stefanvv
20th July 2015, 21:00
i was trying to read his statistics,and dissapointed
http://www.ewrc-results.com/coprofile.php?p=16792

any other site?

did You try this link - http://www.ewrc-results.com/profile.php?p=16873&t=alexey-lukyanuk?

dimviii
20th July 2015, 21:15
thanks stefanvv!

bluuford
21st July 2015, 01:34
My god what a hero, long time ago a group N car has won or was able to win a full R5 ERC rally, with all specialists and local knowledgement present, at the end the biggest specialist with the biggest heart and biggest talent got the win. Hope he finds the budget for more ERC and WRC outings this year, looking forward to Finland.

Well, I and I belive many other Estonian rally fans take him as a (almost) local already. His nationality is Russian and for a Russian to achieve such kind of respect and acknowledgement among Estonians.. you have to be very special.. and seems that he is. It was his 5th Rally Estonia :-)

satukata
21st July 2015, 07:26
Do you know is it old or new Ford Fiesta RS WRC in Neste oil rally Finland for Lukyanuk?
_Run by M-Sport World Rally Team?

Ounin
21st July 2015, 08:47
Russia - isn't interesting for PSA

I know like I said I was dreaming, but with Matton I mean every team principal, doesn't matter... Give the bloke a bloody opportunity he deserves. Okay the Russian economy is not at its best state now, but if you look at WEC or GT racing, there are still quite some Russians racing all the big events, and although they are all suffering, they are very very fast as well... In WEC/GT it's mostly the Russian banks and international companies with problems, but not the rest.
Probably its all gentlemens money, but there must be some Russian entrepreneurs who are more attracted to the tarmac & gravel stages than the circuits. I'm still dreaming.

rallyfiend
21st July 2015, 10:09
I know like I said I was dreaming, but with Matton I mean every team principal, doesn't matter... Give the bloke a bloody opportunity he deserves. Okay the Russian economy is not at its best state now, but if you look at WEC or GT racing, there are still quite some Russians racing all the big events, and although they are all suffering, they are very very fast as well... In WEC/GT it's mostly the Russian banks and international companies with problems, but not the rest.
Probably its all gentlemens money, but there must be some Russian entrepreneurs who are more attracted to the tarmac & gravel stages than the circuits. I'm still dreaming.

You mean like the ones that are paying for him to drive in Finland?

Where do you think the money is coming from?!

Ounin
21st July 2015, 12:12
You mean like the ones that are paying for him to drive in Finland?

Where do you think the money is coming from?!

Oh no that is a completely different story, Lukas is driving Finland due to an old payment from a deal of Novikov sponsor, due to the fact that Novikov won't drive, they took Lukyanuk. When somebody on the forum knows more about this tell us more!

rallyfiend
21st July 2015, 12:16
So a rich Russian guy is paying for his drive, right?

How is that different to what you say?

sindroms
21st July 2015, 12:34
So a rich Russian guy is paying for his drive, right? ?

Exactly. Just like he did for Novikov drive.

Ounin
21st July 2015, 13:15
So a rich Russian guy is paying for his drive, right?

How is that different to what you say?

I simply don't know the deal with Novikov, the sponsor and M-Sport... Can't tell the kind of sponsor weather it was a company, a rich uncle, Novikovs dad or just another rich guy... Forget Novikov we are talking about Lukas' rally future. He needs support.

Mariusz
21st July 2015, 19:42
Isn't it a little too late to start a serious WRC adventure though? His experience with WRC cars is nonexistent so even though he's a very fast driver he would need some time to get used to a new car. And in this time there would be crashes, broken wheels, damaged suspensions and people would start saying that he's not that good as in old times... So maybe it's just better if he keeps driving the Evo and shame international R5 drivers when they come to his home grounds?

Andre Oliveira
22nd July 2015, 13:26
Never late to start! Rally is not football. Drivers have quality or not. Gronholm started late and was one of the most sucessfull. Or some team will sell the driver? Ahaha

Fast Eddie WRC
26th July 2015, 18:09
Some info on Lukyanuk's history:

Alexei Lukyanuk

Leading trainer of "Center of the Special Driver's Training" from 2012.
He graduated from the department of RGUFK extreme and applied sports specialization "Motorsport".
Of 2005-2008. - "School of driving skills Audi Quattro," lead instructor.
Of 2008-2009. - "BMW Rusland Trading" coach (certified first level, Munich, Germany).
since 2009 - DriftCamp Winter Edition, coach.
Since 2005 he takes part in the classical stages of the rally.
Master of Sports in motorsport.
Sports achivments:
- Third place in the absolute standings at the stage of the Russian Rally Cup "St. Petersburg 2010";
- Winner of the Russian Rally Cup 2011 in class 2000N (Opel Astra GSi);
- The winner of the class in step 3 World Rally Championship Neste Oil Rally Finland 2012;
- Winner in absolute standings legendary rally "Saaremaa" the final stage of the championship of Estonia in 2012;
- Bronze medalist of Latvia in class N4 2013;
- The winner of the Rally Masters Show 2014;
- Champion of the Russian Rally in class N4 2014;
- The absolute champion of Russia Rally 2014;
- Estonian rally champion in class N4 (EMV2) 2014;
- The absolute champion of Estonian Rally 2014;
- Twice winner of trophy FIA FIA ERC Colin McRae Flat Oiu Trophy (2013 and 2014).

N.O.T
26th July 2015, 18:20
nothing really impressive so far... the real test is a few days ahead.

Fast Eddie WRC
26th July 2015, 19:47
OPPORTUNITY OF A LIFETIME FOR LUKYANUK

Russian crew Alexey Lukyanuk and Alexey Arnautov have been offered the chance of a lifetime: a World Rally car drive on a World Rally Championship round.

So far of the revealed plans we’ve found out that Lukyanuk will drive a Ford Fiesta RS WRC serviced by M-Sport World Rally Team at WRC Neste Oil Rally Finland.

The crew Lukyanuk and Arnautov got the invitation to drive the rally from the head of “Academy Rally” team, Mihail Lepehov, who has a lot of experience on WRC level, as he was the one who supported Evgeniy Novikov’s career – the first Russian pilot driving for a factory team.

Lepehov: “Academy Rally had the chance to give one crew a drive on a World Rally Championship round and we decided to offer the chance to Alexey Lukyanuk. I know that Lukyanuk really wants to drive a machine like that so I decided to give him the chance.

Of course we selected Neste Oil Rally Finland. It’s a classic rally and a favourite for the Russian fans. Every rally driver wants to do the rally of a 1000 Lakes, it’s one of the most popular in the world. We invite all our fans and crews to support Lucas! ”

Lukyanuk: “A year ago I couldn’t even dream of such an opportunity. I’m very happy to get back into the car again with Alexey Arnautov, whom with we won the Russian and the Estonian championships last year. We have a lot of experience and we have worked together for a long time. To be honest, we’ve already started preparing for the rally: training, studying onboards. And we hope to find the budget to do some rallies in Lithuania or Finland as a preparation for Neste Oil Rally Finland. I am very grateful to Academy Rally and Mihail Lepehov for the chance!”

Lukyanuk and Arnautov last took part in Neste Oil Rally Finland in 2013, which was also their WRC debut. They managed a top 8 stage time and a victory in class “3” with a 16th position overall in a Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 10 N4.

Xsara Fan
26th July 2015, 20:17
First photo of his car – I think it`s a new chassis: http://ru.motorsport.com/wrc/news/lukyanyuk-zavershil-podgotovku-k-testam

Mirek
26th July 2015, 20:20
New Chassis with pre-facelift front end? I don't think so.

Xsara Fan
26th July 2015, 20:22
New Chassis with pre-facelift front end? I don't think so.

No. May be it`s a new chassis but not Mk2?

Vaggelis27
26th July 2015, 20:27
https://scontent-mxp1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtf1/v/t1.0-9/11264824_10153183667153952_7093712266978083077_n.j pg?oh=f08143993637596f0f687e4e1e57bed3&oe=565794D7 Old facelift with paddles shift?

Andre Oliveira
26th July 2015, 20:48
Should be chassis 42.

Chassis never used. Plate of 2014 (the 4 means 2014)

dimviii
26th July 2015, 21:17
guys have we got any onboards from Estonia with Luky?

Vladik
26th July 2015, 23:33
guys have we got any onboards from Estonia with Luky?

no

makinen_fan
27th July 2015, 09:26
Bad news for Lukyanuk

Teemu/Rallirinki.net
‏@HartusvuoriWRC
First test run for #Lukyanuk. A big crash! @RallyFinland #RallyFinland #WRC

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CK52oqUW8AAPOYK.jpg

EightGear
27th July 2015, 09:28
Ouch...

306 Cosworth
27th July 2015, 09:31
Sorry, but what a f*cking idiot.

thuGG
27th July 2015, 09:34
Hmm, do they have resources to rebuild it?

Aquagen
27th July 2015, 10:02
From twitter: M-Sport mechanics are now taking a look at Lukyanuk's Fiesta and see if it's possible to continue. Rollcage seems ok, rear is flat pancake.
Hope the car will be able to start.

makinen_fan
27th July 2015, 10:03
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CK55GZ8UkAAcl_d.jpg

EstWRC
27th July 2015, 10:05
This looks really bad but I think it would've happened sooner or later this week.

janvanvurpa
27th July 2015, 10:15
Sorry, but what a f*cking idiot.

Didn't some British Dubya Arsey driver just crash in just a few meters at WRC Poland in the car he's been driving all year so far??

Seem to recall saying something similar...may have been a few modifiers added.. Something about poncy and pommie. What was his name now? Ah! Braig Creeme or sumpin.

What's the ol saying? let he amonst you with no sin cast the first stone waddnit?

EstWRC
27th July 2015, 10:21
https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=0IW1orMRBJI

makinen_fan
27th July 2015, 10:24
M-Sport ‏@MSportLtd 19m19 minutes ago
Lukyanuk crashed heavily testing today. Both crew okay, being checked by medical team. But cage is too damaged to start @RallyFinland #WRC

306 Cosworth
27th July 2015, 10:29
Didn't some British Dubya Arsey driver just crash in just a few meters at WRC Poland in the car he's been driving all year so far??

Seem to recall saying something similar...may have been a few modifiers added.. Something about poncy and pommie. What was his name now? Ah! Braig Creeme or sumpin.

What's the ol saying? let he amonst you with no sin cast the first stone waddnit?

WTF are you talking about?!

Simmi
27th July 2015, 10:30
There we go then. Game over.

It's easy to criticize from an armchair but I'm guessing he'll be wishing he'd worked his way up to the limit. Who knows how many chances in a WRC car he'll get.

Barreis
27th July 2015, 10:30
Music over before the rally... :P

EightGear
27th July 2015, 10:38
Lol, what a huge anti-climax.

Grundo Farb
27th July 2015, 10:39
There we go then. Game over.

It's easy to criticize from an armchair but I'm guessing he'll be wishing he'd worked his way up to the limit. Who knows how many chances in a WRC car he'll get.

I think that's it. His chance.

I agree with 306 Cosworth, a plonker.

I have found it amazing reading all these posts about how 'amazing' he is, and can't wait to see him in Finland top 5... Really? He hasn't actually done anything really of note, all I could find was he beat some guys driving new cars in an older 4WD. Hayden Paddon won a round of the NZ championship in a 2WD escort beating all sorts - including Ken Block in a WRC car and nobody commented on that before Sardinia.

A shame. But in cases like this I feel sorry for people who waste their time supporting him.

Can people still change their Pickems?

Grundo Farb
27th July 2015, 10:41

This is too clever for us.

Miika
27th July 2015, 10:45
This looks really bad but I think it would've happened sooner or later this week.

Lu(c)ky no one got hurt.

cali
27th July 2015, 10:54
Read the news that cage is damaged and Lukyanuk will not start in NORF this year after all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IW1orMRBJI

Rallyper
27th July 2015, 11:01
This is too clever for us.

No it´s not. And from where did you get your voice?
He is an amazing driver, just beat all R5 drivers in Estonia, if you didn´t know?
But - yes - he is not clewer enough working his speed up.
For us who wasn´t on place no one can comment why or how this happened.

I feel sorry for him. Had been looking forward seeing him in NORF all the way to finish.

rallyfiend
27th July 2015, 11:14
Number 1 rule?

'Don't crash in testing'.

Number 2 rule?
'Especially don't do it on your first testing outing...'

thuGG
27th July 2015, 11:16
Well, he fu**ed up big time :(

Grundo Farb
27th July 2015, 11:20
He is an amazing driver, just beat all R5 drivers in Estonia, if you didn´t know?

I feel sorry for him. Had been looking forward seeing him in NORF all the way to finish.

Just beat all R5 drivers in Estonia.

Yes, you are right, it is amazing but it does sound a little bit like 'Golden Boot for Stevenage in Football League 2".

As I said, Paddon - 30+ year old 2WD car, beat R5 cars and a WRC car... That is a little bit more impressive and no-one seemed to care...

[WRCRR]
27th July 2015, 11:21
Hope that is not it for Lukyanuk in WRC. Might well be though...

Rallyper
27th July 2015, 11:23
Just beat all R5 drivers in Estonia.

Yes, you are right, it is amazing but it does sound a little bit like 'Golden Boot for Stevenage in Football League 2".

As I said, Paddon - 30+ year old 2WD car, beat R5 cars and a WRC car... That is a little bit more impressive and no-one seemed to care...

Paddon has had his credits, well worth too. But it has nothing to do with Lukyanuk.

Grundo Farb
27th July 2015, 11:27
Paddon has had his credits, well worth too. But it has nothing to do with Lukyanuk.

My point is, learn to walk before you run. Get the confidence and experience, then go fast. Being fast on rallies you know like the back of your hand is one thing, getting in a new machine in a rally you've done once and then going fast?

People here were expecting him to be in the top 5, just look at the pickems - ridiculous.

Rallyper
27th July 2015, 11:29
I didn´t expect him top 8, (but havent done Pickem yet) but saying he even can´t walk is too much. He has proven much more than that.

Vaggelis27
27th July 2015, 11:50
No rally finland for Lukyanuk https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLVyRAt2cxbxtE9RCrPiXy3lwlULGLCIdO&v=0IW1orMRBJI

Miika
27th July 2015, 11:53
Any jumps before this spot or was it a first .. ?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CK6WyngWgAMILBq.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CK6WyQnWUAE9cTW.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CK6WyHnWEAALImD.jpg

Mirek
27th July 2015, 12:10
My point is, learn to walk before you run. Get the confidence and experience, then go fast. Being fast on rallies you know like the back of your hand is one thing, getting in a new machine in a rally you've done once and then going fast?

People here were expecting him to be in the top 5, just look at the pickems - ridiculous.

What You say applies for young drivers. Lukyanuk is 35 years old. For him the only (and already little) chance is to make something stunning. There is absolutely zero point in safe cruising and learning step by step as nobody gives him the chance to do so. What happened is of course a shame but sometimes shit happens.

Nornbugger
27th July 2015, 12:27

Look at the Estonia results, the event clearly was very friendly to N4 cars for performance

I'm disappointed this has happened to him though, I saw him doing the Circuit of Ireland, I expected some crazy mad driving and once the event started what I saw was a guy taking time to learn his way and getting to a respectable pace. Perhaps here in Finland he had a great chance and was trying too hard to make it all happen? Who knows, but its a shame he'll not be on the start line for SS1

Simmi
27th July 2015, 12:34
What You say applies for young drivers. Lukyanuk is 35 years old. For him the only (and already little) chance is to make something stunning. There is absolutely zero point in safe cruising and learning step by step as nobody gives him the chance to do so. What happened is of course a shame but sometimes shit happens.

If he'd gone off on SS2 in the rally then I think what you say would be completely correct.

Ounin
27th July 2015, 12:43
Well, he fu**ed up big time :(

Yes that's it basically what he did. Game over.

MartijnS
27th July 2015, 13:05
Any jumps before this spot or was it a first .. ?

Probably first jump pic 2, than 1 and slipped at the landing? Shame!

Fast Eddie WRC
27th July 2015, 13:12
Real shame for Lukyanuk and his fans & sponsors. He has real speed and bravery - it would have been great to see it in Finland.

Suppose the crash shows he was really pushing and he wasnt here just for appearances..

mousti
27th July 2015, 13:24
'So, rally Finland is finished for us before the start. On the test stage I was too fast over jump and failed to correct the speed and line fo the next turn. It seems unreal, but it's done... I'm sorry, I disappointed a lot of people, who trusted me, Mihail Lepehov, Malcolm Wilson and many others... Sorry for our team and fans...We will recover, but first and last chance in WRC is waisted. Thanks for your attention and support. A. Lukyanuk'

:-/

EstWRC
27th July 2015, 14:16
Like he said, first and last chance. No one else to blame than himself.

nafpaktos
27th July 2015, 14:29
edit

N.O.T
27th July 2015, 14:34
it is a pity he wasted his chance like that.

Ounin
27th July 2015, 15:10
'So, rally Finland is finished for us before the start. On the test stage I was too fast over jump and failed to correct the speed and line fo the next turn. It seems unreal, but it's done... I'm sorry, I disappointed a lot of people, who trusted me, Mihail Lepehov, Malcolm Wilson and many others... Sorry for our team and fans...We will recover, but first and last chance in WRC is waisted. Thanks for your attention and support. A. Lukyanuk'

In huge contrast with our dear drivers on the circuits, he is honest to blame it all by himself and no other bullshit about handling and/or other stuff... Lukas and many of his fans -me included- were aware of this limited once in a lifetime chance.

Allyc85
27th July 2015, 16:19
Gutted for him, but to crash like that so close to the start of his first run in the car is mad really :(

Hartusvuori
27th July 2015, 17:56
I was spectating at Lukyanuk/Prokop test. It's a familiar test road used every year by some team, for example Skoda used in June and Hyundai last year. Test started a little late I think, though of course the drivers had limited mileage and enough time, so... When I arrived, Lukyanuk was driving the stage without helmet, checking the pacenotes and getting used to the car, I think. He did that again a little later. Prokop did same one way, but returned in almost full speed.

I moved to a crest that is a jump, line continues straight, but road turns slightly right with a big rock on the left. I just found a video on my iPad with sound of Fiesta and then bang, bang and bang. I was about 150 metres away.

It was a place with jump and another jump into lefthander. There was rock on the right. You can see from the pictures how Lukyanuk approached that place. Eyewitness told Lukyanuk did not lift at all to either of jumps. At previous tests drivers have hold the car to on the last jump at least. There were only 3-4 (Russian) spectators (two photogs, ms. Arnautova), marshall and his son who witnessed the crash. I tried to talk with Lukyanuk, but he was very disappointed, out of words. Quite quickly the place was cleared, and I continued to Keuruu to see P3 drivers test.

I think this was very huge mistake for Lukyanuk and it can't be explained by saying he had to give in all. It was not the rally yet, but the first time he drove that car in anger. He was less than 3 kms into that first run. He had nothing to proove there. 2-3 clean, more slow runs, and then start to attack if needed. The road was also slippery. It had rained during the past days and the morning too. This was very fatal mistake considering his career. I like the guy, working mans hero, but this is not the way.

On the way to Keuruu I accidently went by Citroen JWRC test + Lefebvre. That was only a small stop for me.

Reached Keuruu in the afternoon. Road conditions were already quite rough which caused Tidemand's cooler damage and also puncture for Camilli and maybe some else too. Fabias seemed extremely stable on the rough too. Lappi took one rough part very calmly, but fast where Fiesta drivers like Camilli and Pedder approached the place like it was their last corner.

Nice start for the rally week. Six days left ��

AndyRAC
27th July 2015, 18:00
I feel for him - a fabulous opportunity, and it's ended before it really started. Should he really have been pushing so hard in testing? Probably not, but you never learn by driving slowly - even at a test.
Just shows that rallying is a 'cruel mistress' - unlike a circuit racer, you can't get away with mistakes - you're in the trees and the car is severely damaged.

Some drivers seem to get plenty of chances, without proving anything - yet this seemed to be his only chance. Sometimes the WRC seems like a 'closed shop'.

N.O.T
27th July 2015, 18:07
the sad thing is that this mistake could just be a simple one that every driver does once in a while and not because he was pushing beyond his limits... we will never know.

Even if he gets another chance now in a WRC i really doubt we will see the same Lukyanuk we see in ERC.

Rallyper
27th July 2015, 18:32
@N.O.T. My commendations to you. You have been a much more mature member of our forum community. At least in commenting the Lukyanuk matter.
(this no sarcasm - I really mean it)

bluuford
27th July 2015, 18:59

Stop that nationalism. To beat everybody in NZ championship is completely different thing than beating everybody in Estonian roads with N4 car where most of fast ERC regulars were present. Paddon is supperb driver but I can easily say that Lukyanuk is among those. And when Estonian says so about Russian driver (who beats most of Estonian drivers) then he is really worth it. Onlyone who was faster than him during last two years was Tänak. I belive that huge competition that Lukyanuk offered to Tänak in Estonian Championship 2 years ago made a big favour to Ott to learn how to get the last out from the car while not crashing.

Estonian event is good for N4 cars but it is not perfect. I still belive that R5 should be slightly better solution on our roads. His skills (experience and bravery) on these roads were just better that the others. Aus, Kaur and Plangi are all fast and experienced drivers ith N4 and they have proved it internationally as well.
Many drivers have crashed on the jumps and I feel that Lukyanuk was extremely unfortunate with this. Looking him at the stages is pure pleasure. It is not crazy driving, mostly, It is extremely fast, efficient and therefore spectacular.

I really hope that someone in Russia has too much money and we will se him behind the wheel more times. When it is not WRC then at least R5 in ERC. And I am not afraid that he is slow. After his accident in Viru Rally in 2013, he came back to Rally Estonia, rented old car from Plangi (Evo9) and was third overall, 30+ seconds in front of Kaur and a few seconds behind Kruuda who was driving Fiesta R5.

Fast Eddie WRC
27th July 2015, 19:41
From this

http://static.fiaerc.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Awins-800x600.jpg

to this, in just over a week ... Rallying is cruel.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CK6T2ACXAAAPkQW.jpg:large

Dreams crushed along with the car...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CK6JwSNW8AAayvl.jpg:large

rage82
27th July 2015, 19:51

Big respect to Lukyanuk about this words knowing perfectly it was his mistake. No excuses just face it square and fair. It's pity what happened but he was trying hard not just to finish the rally saying how good was his rally ( last rally ).

dimviii
27th July 2015, 20:21
ERC interview Alexey Lukyanuk
With his first victory in ERC Rally Estonia 2015, Alexey Lukyanuk was able to confirm his talent and good times achieved in this season. But he mostly knew pass a course, the game-winner. A St Grail that has escaped many drivers entered in ERC, and even officials as Sepp Wiegand (Skoda Motorsport ex Germany driver) for example. So imagine, when one is a private pilot and besides driving on a Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X N4!

Alexey Lukyanuk agreed to answer our questions following his victory at the last round of the ERC, details:

The Sport Auto Mag: What are your feelings after your first win in ERC?
Alexey Lukyanuk: It's a feeling of pure joy! The path to this result was so long and so hard and I can say that now I am totally satisfied with our performance!

You were untouchable this weekend, what is your secret? Do you think your Evo X had an advantage over R5?
AL: Professionals know that a car category R5 will always be faster than N4. Many world that the max speed of our N4 was an advantage, but we do not drove at maximum speed! We exceeded 180km / h only a few times during the rally. I "managed" to win with fewer special max speed, so everything is a driving issue. I believe him. And let my secrets stay secret;)

What are your goals for the next rallies ERC? Will you participate?
AL: At the moment we have no program for the future because of our financial worries. We are still looking for sponsors and if we find we will do other rallies ERC.

What are your goals for Rally Finland 2015? How did you have the opportunity to participate in Ford Fiesta RS WRC?
AL: The plan is to take a max of fun doing this rally. I guess this will be my first and last start in a WRC car. I will not waste this opportunity and do everything to reach the finish.
The opportunity was provided by Michael Lepekhov who supported Evgeniy Novikov WRC for many years. We are on good terms and Michael gave us the opportunity to take the start in Finland. Only a rally, nothing more.

3rd in Jänner, first before going off the road in Liepaja, 6th in Ireland, and now first in Estonia. What a result for your 2015 ERC season! Did you expect it to before the start of the season?
AL: For a first on European roads is not too bad. Our main problem, our lack of experience on asphalt. I'm good on snow and earth, but just over 500km of asphalt experience at present. This season, some fast drivers are engaged in ERC, and so it inflates our results are not so good, usual, well I think.

Do you have plans for the 2016 season?
AL: No, ...

What are your dreams for the future? May become the first Russian driver to win the ERC ... or win a WRC rally?
AL: I am no longer young enough to have sweet dreams. We desperately need sponsors to go further ... without that, nothing will.

At the end of the year 2014 and early this season, your livery was "We Want Peace", a message about the Ukrainian crisis. Do you think that sport, and more specifically the rally can bring peace?
AL: Of course not. My co-pilot, Eugene Chervonenko, is a politician in Ukraine, so it was his idea.

http://www.lemagsportauto.com/erc-interview-dalexey-lukyanuk/11164/

tommeke_B
27th July 2015, 20:23
https://scontent-bru2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xft1/t31.0-8/11754597_821429017978729_6544080381892542157_o.jpg

I like the photo when he was still in the air. The others... Pitty that it happened, the timing couldn't be worse but you can't plan it...

dimviii
27th July 2015, 20:24
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CK6JwSNW8AAayvl.jpg:large

he has a tendecy crasing with back

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/UHOUql_w0Zk/maxresdefault.jpg

Hartusvuori
27th July 2015, 20:31
Many drivers have crashed on the jumps and I feel that Lukyanuk was extremely unfortunate with this. Looking him at the stages is pure pleasure. It is not crazy driving, mostly, It is extremely fast, efficient and therefore spectacular.

In my opinion this crash had nothing to do with being unfortunate. Had been on SS1 when the clock is ticking, then fine, but on a pre-event test before the most important start of his career, on his first run in Fiesta WRC, on first kilometres into the stage, not knowing how the car behaves, not knowing how the road behaves. He had limited test mileage (we don't know that for a fact), but still, why? Don't get me wrong, Lukyanuk is great character and simple pleasure to spectate on stages. After Otepää the question was why team bosses aren't fighting over him. After a maneuvor like today, if you were Capito, Matton or Nandan, would you give this guy a car?

dimviii
27th July 2015, 20:36
In my opinion this crash had nothing to do with being unfortunate. Had been on SS1 when the clock is ticking, then fine, but on a pre-event test before the most important start of his career, on his first run in Fiesta WRC, on first kilometres into the stage, not knowing how the car behaves, not knowing how the road behaves. He had limited test mileage (we don't know that for a fact), but still, why? Don't get me wrong, Lukyanuk is great character and simple pleasure to spectate on stages. After Otepää the question was why team bosses aren't fighting over him. After a maneuvor like today, if you were Capito, Matton or Nandan, would you give this guy a car?

agree with your post,and to answer your question ,definetely yes,i would give him a second chance.

stefanvv
27th July 2015, 20:54

why? You answered in some way - "the clock is ticking" for him. Purely his mistake no doubt, but if You have only limited chances, You just try to give everything You got on them. Gutted for him, he deserves much more than this. As for Matton, he gave Meeke enough chances I think, though Meeke had much more IRC/WRC experience....

Miika
27th July 2015, 21:02
The main problem is/was, the clock wasn´t actually ticking today. Not until Thursday.

Mariusz
27th July 2015, 21:15
He is not the first one who made a mistake during a pre event testing and won't be the last one. But nothing is over for him, he is fine, nothing broken, right? So who knows, maybe his next time will be sooner than anybody expects. And if not, well, he's still a fast driver, just without enough money to practice.

janvanvurpa
27th July 2015, 21:34
I feel for him - a fabulous opportunity, and it's ended before it really started. Should he really have been pushing so hard in testing? Probably not, but you never learn by driving slowly - even at a test.
Just shows that rallying is a 'cruel mistress' - unlike a circuit racer, you can't get away with mistakes - you're in the trees and the car is severely damaged.

Some drivers seem to get plenty of chances, without proving anything - yet this seemed to be his only chance. Sometimes the WRC seems like a 'closed shop'.

I hear you there on the "closed shop" thing, and how "this is the ONLY chance' for this guy or that and yet others can be "heroes" regardless.. There was that American guy who I think did 3 seasons before once not crashing on either SS1 or SS2 and limping around under Stupor Rally rule...What was his name? Ben Klock or something... Sure he was never even half serious driver, but dozens of times carshing car and no 4 -5 pages of 'the sky is falling"..We shimply shurgged and said that's how it goes, here's another couple of hundred thousand GBP for Malcolm and everything is fine...

Simmi
27th July 2015, 21:41
Comparing him with Block completely misses the point. It's not about ability it's about funding. It wouldn't be a closed shop for Lukyanuk if he had money. He doesn't and he blew a great shot to potentially attract more backing in the future.

janvanvurpa
27th July 2015, 21:46
Comparing him with Block completely misses the point. It's not about ability it's about funding. It wouldn't be a closed shop for Lukyanuk if he had money. He doesn't and he blew a great shot to potentially attract more backing in the future.

Not comparing him to Klock..Lukie has gobs of talent, and clearly knows how to drive;

the other gobs of money....

I'm sorta hinting that the main problem is he says: money..
If he had money from "someplace' then he's be on the start of SS1, all problems solved..
Its a comment on the central and cynical role of money in what once had vestiges of a sport in it..

Rallyper
27th July 2015, 22:38

Yes, for sure. Remember the great CMR!

HarriK
27th July 2015, 23:05
Heard that there might be chance still that Luky would be in rally start line... I still wonder...

danon
27th July 2015, 23:23
Loeb did it - champ
Ogier did it - champ
Kankkunen did it - champ
Sainz did it - champ
Makinen did it - champ
Solberg did it - champ
McRae did it - champ etc... etc...

Who doesn't? - You name it he dose it.
It's part of the game finding the limit.
There is a sign from above he got away intact.
Better crash prior the event than on the event itself.
If he's given the chance to start he could still turn into a surprise.

(Click on the pic to play the vid)

http://s5.postimg.org/d7t7vb9dz/colin_fin.jpg (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjcLK-xF3gs)

SubaruNorway
27th July 2015, 23:28
Heard that there might be chance still that Luky would be in rally start line... I still wonder...

Has anyone seen Henning's car? Like normal to not hear a single thing though, you usually know if he's there or not in shakedown...

samWRC
27th July 2015, 23:44
Has anyone seen Henning's car? Like normal to not hear a single thing though, you usually know if he's there or not in shakedown...

I noticed in service area that Motorsport Italia, which runs Rendina's Mitsubishi, was in the place where Henning's team should have been so I don't know if he is going to start.

N.O.T
28th July 2015, 00:48
Loeb did it - champ
Ogier did it - champ
Kankkunen did it - champ
Sainz did it - champ
Makinen did it - champ
Solberg did it - champ

did all these drivers total the car in their FIRST EVER test before their WRC debut ?

Grundo Farb
28th July 2015, 01:23
This probably also highlights that it is too big a jump from a production based rally car to a WRC spec car. Maybe a drive in a RRC might have been better. Other drivers have commented that the difference in suspension travel is the hardest thing to get used to.

But in the end, rally is all about experience, if you know the car and you know the stage you will go fast. Fast in Estonia in a car he knows versus fast in a WRC car in Finland are two different things. Not about nationalism but just a fact.

Walk before you run.

N.O.T
28th July 2015, 01:29
he already drove R5 and won in it 3 times... the step was logical since he is already in his mid 30s.

sollitt
28th July 2015, 01:39
he already drove R5 and won in it 3 times... the step was logical since he is already in his mid 30s.Absolutely. He's a wonderful talent and very entertaining. It's a great shame we won't see him this weekend. Let's hope he gets another chance.

danon
28th July 2015, 01:43
did all these drivers total the car in their FIRST EVER test before their WRC debut ?

It doesn't matter at all he totaled the car in his first WRC debut.
If one day he makes it to the top he'll be the odd man out changing the statistics.

N.O.T
28th July 2015, 01:45
that is a big IF...

you used all these names without any logic then.

danon
28th July 2015, 01:51
Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.

sollitt
28th July 2015, 03:54
Interesting that you would use the McRae 1000 Lakes clip. In contrast not only was the damage inflicted 'on event' but he actually brought the car home in a points scoring position.

Rallyper
28th July 2015, 10:32
And on both cars (CMR and AL) looks like the wheels pointing the right direction...

306 Cosworth
28th July 2015, 12:59
Loeb did it - champ
Ogier did it - champ
Kankkunen did it - champ
Sainz did it - champ
Makinen did it - champ
Solberg did it - champ

Who doesn't? - You name it he dose it.
It's part of the game finding the limit.
There is a sign from above he got away intact.
Better crash prior the event than on the event itself.
If he's given the chance to start he could still turn into a surprise.

(Click on the pic to play the vid)

http://s5.postimg.org/d7t7vb9dz/colin_fin.jpg (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjcLK-xF3gs)

I didn't realise those guys were given the best car in the world and then promptly crashed it after driving it for just 3km.

306 Cosworth
28th July 2015, 13:01
It doesn't matter at all he totaled the car in his first WRC debut.
If one day he makes it to the top he'll be the odd man out changing the statistics.

Yes it does matter. Quite a lot actually. This guy will never be at the top of WRC.

N.O.T
28th July 2015, 13:35
Yes it does matter. Quite a lot actually. This guy will never be at the top of WRC.

he will probably never be in the WRC let alone the top...

WUff1
28th July 2015, 13:38
Well, time seems to get short for Lukas now. He can´t even fund an ERC campaign, let alone other WRC starts. But Motorsport always has been cruel, lot of pay drivers on the lucky end and fast talented drivers without a chance to start on the other hand.

There´s no way to exchange the Bertellis with Lukyanuks realistically.

Rallyper
28th July 2015, 13:52
Well, time seems to get short for Lukas now. He can´t even fund an ERC campaign, let alone other WRC starts. But Motorsport always has been cruel, lot of pay drivers on the lucky end and fast talented drivers without a chance to start on the other hand.

There´s no way to exchange the Bertellis with Lukyanuks realistically.

If Bertelli was a wise man he could make history being able to help a fast driver doing something in WRC. And make himself a teamboss for a couple ofcoming men, instead of burning money on himself. But the story seems not happen.

N.O.T
28th July 2015, 14:01
WRC needs bertelli, you do not see everyday a girl in a WRC car... it is good promotion for women in motorsports.

nafpaktos
28th July 2015, 14:09
If Bertelli was a wise man he could make history being able to help a fast driver doing something in WRC. And make himself a teamboss for a couple ofcoming men, instead of burning money on himself. But the story seems not happen.
He likes to drive,if i had money i would do the same.you say if he was a wise man he should be a team boss promoting new talents.you think thay he is not a wise man because he spends money to what he loves???????????????????????

nafpaktos
28th July 2015, 14:10
WRC needs bertelli, you do not see everyday a girl in a WRC car... it is good promotion for women in motorsports.

Please dont fuck the conversation!

AL14
28th July 2015, 14:22
Bertelli is not occupying Lukyanuk or other drivers place. I think he doesn't belong to WRC but he has nothing to do with Lukyanuk.

nafpaktos
28th July 2015, 14:24
Recce without participate because you destroyed the car.how goog is this??:(

http://s16.postimg.org/uwy1ngh39/image.jpg (http://postimage.org/)
upload jpg (http://postimage.org/)

306 Cosworth
28th July 2015, 14:24
Bertelli is not occupying Lukyanuk or other drivers place. I think he doesn't belong to WRC but he has nothing to do with Lukyanuk.

Why doesn't he belong in WRC? It's his money, he can spend it how he wants. I'd do the same if I was a billionaire.

AL14
28th July 2015, 14:29
Why doesn't he belong in WRC? It's his money, he can spend it how he wants. I'd do the same if I was a billionaire.

I think we already did this conversation. Don't we? Or maybe it wasn't with you. It is Off Topic actually.
BTW, one thing is if it's fair that he has the possibility or he is allowed to do drive in WRC (of course it's fair), another thing is if he belong to the sport...

Sorry everyone for OT.

Mirek
28th July 2015, 14:42

Why not? He can participate next year. Nobody says he can drive NORF only with WRC car.

Guys, we have created 9 pages of largely nonsense since Alex crashed :eek:

nafpaktos
28th July 2015, 15:04
Why not? He can participate next year. Nobody says he can drive NORF only with WRC car.

Let me rephrase,how can he feels doing recce for the rally which was for him the BIG chance and now it's not.

Mirek
28th July 2015, 15:32
He must get over that. There are worse things in human life.

Fast Eddie WRC
28th July 2015, 15:35
There are worse things in human life.

He knows that.. he is the one that campaigns for peace in Ukraine.

Ounin
28th July 2015, 15:48

Guys, we have created 9 pages of largely nonsense since Alex crashed :eek:

Nonono nonsense at all, you have to read between the lines and draw the conclusion how immense popular this guy is. And that's good, I read more negativeness on this forum than positiveness.

janvanvurpa
30th July 2015, 20:39

http://s16.postimg.org/uwy1ngh39/image.jpg (http://postimage.org/)
upload jpg (http://postimage.org/)

i like his spirit.
Good for him..

rallyfiend
31st July 2015, 08:08
Well, he's paid for it, may as well do it!

dimviii
16th August 2015, 21:42
http://www.rallye-magazin.de/typo3temp/yag-galleries/35/42/Crash_Alexey_Lukyanuk_023_354244_55c4d5973.jpg
http://www.rallye-magazin.de/typo3temp/yag-galleries/35/42/Crash_Alexey_Lukyanuk_022_354230_55c4d596a.jpg

http://www.rallye-magazin.de/index.php?id=2646&tx_yag_pi1%5Brm%5D%5BalbumUid%5D=1494&tx_yag_pi1%5Brm%5D%5BgalleryUid%5D=831&tx_yag_pi1%5BitemListrm%5D%5BpagerCollection%5D%5B page%5D=1&tx_yag_pi1%5Baction%5D=list&tx_yag_pi1%5Bcontroller%5D=ItemList&cHash=6115bbd9649f4520c566e593239a93ee

Rallyper
17th August 2015, 00:49
It still hurts VERY much seeing the man defeated by himself.

Ounin
17th August 2015, 10:30
http://www.rallye-magazin.de/typo3temp/yag-galleries/35/42/Crash_Alexey_Lukyanuk_023_354244_55c4d5973.jpg
http://www.rallye-magazin.de/typo3temp/yag-galleries/35/42/Crash_Alexey_Lukyanuk_022_354230_55c4d596a.jpg

http://www.rallye-magazin.de/index.php?id=2646&tx_yag_pi1%5Brm%5D%5BalbumUid%5D=1494&tx_yag_pi1%5Brm%5D%5BgalleryUid%5D=831&tx_yag_pi1%5BitemListrm%5D%5BpagerCollection%5D%5B page%5D=1&tx_yag_pi1%5Baction%5D=list&tx_yag_pi1%5Bcontroller%5D=ItemList&cHash=6115bbd9649f4520c566e593239a93ee

It really hurts to see this man suffering and realising what he has done, wow.
So many discussions on the forum about pics when good when bad when pro's are doing bad or not, what about flowers ... For me these two pics are the best of 2015 so far, it represents all there is going on in rallying. All. Sent them to World Press Photo.

itix
17th August 2015, 10:47
Kinda agree with that... they are very emotional images. You have to feel very sorry for the man :(

Andre Oliveira
17th August 2015, 11:03
Luky will do Barum

Xsara Fan
3rd May 2016, 13:42
You can send you questions to Alex Lukyanuk and he will answer them in his blog at Motorsport.com Russia.
Here is the first part of Q&A (google translate it): http://ru.motorsport.com/erc/news/glavnaya-problema-otsutstvie-opyta-otvety-lukyanyuka-chitatelyam-686883/

WUff1
3rd May 2016, 17:39
This thread would be more suitable in ERC forum, don´t you think?

Andre Oliveira
8th June 2016, 01:19
6:15 and 7:14

http://youtu.be/SnXG1Zp4eSc

Xsara Fan
26th July 2016, 12:48
Alex Lukyanuk have no money to continue his ERC program :( http://ru.motorsport.com/erc/news/lukyanyuk-propustit-polskij-etap-erc-iz-za-nekhvatki-sredstv-802447/

nafpaktos
26th July 2016, 14:28
the fastest and the most SPECTACULAR driver out?what's the meaning now to watch the ERC?

dimviii
26th July 2016, 14:45
life is tough sometimes...

Fast Eddie WRC
26th July 2016, 15:22
Really cant believe there is no rich Russian motorsport fan that will sponsor him. Especially when he's competing for the Championship, not just some average driver.