PDA

View Full Version : 2015 News and Results

Pages : [1] 2

PLuto
17th June 2014, 17:05
ERC revamped for 2015

The FIA European Rally Championship will undergo several changes for the 2015 season designed to reduce costs for competitors and strengthen the series.

From 2015, the ERC will be contested over a maximum of 10 events with drivers, co-drivers and teams being required to register with the FIA, as is the case with the WRC support championships, to be eligible for European championship points.

In other changes proposed by ERC promoter Eurosport Events Ltd and approved by the FIA Rally Commission at a meeting in Paris on 28 May, it was agreed that there would be modifications to the ERC structure to closely mirror the format used in the WRC.

The overall ERC title will be earmarked for drivers, co-drivers and teams using R5, Regional Rally Cars and Super 2000 cars. A maximum of eight scores will be taken into account, four from the first half of the season and four from the second half.

The new ERC2 category will be for traditional Group N and R4 cars with prolonged FIA homologation for three years, while ERC3 will cater for two-wheel-drive machinery conforming to FIA Regional Rally Regulations.

ERC Junior, introduced to great acclaim for the 2014 season, will continue albeit known as Junior ERC for consistency purposes but with drivers counting their best four scores from six nominated events rather than the current seven. As is currently the case, Junior ERC drivers will be restricted in age and must use R2-specification cars on MICHELIN tyres. Junior ERC drivers will enrol in a training programme and chase a prize drive in an R5 car on ERC events, full details of which will be announced in the coming months.

There will be awards for drivers, co-drivers and teams in ERC2 and ERC3, with ERC2 drivers counting four scores in each half of the season. ERC3 competitors can score points on six occasions (three in each half of the season). Junior ERC drivers, co-drivers and teams will be eligible for ERC3 points. However, there will only be a drivers’ classification in Junior ERC.

In addition, the total stage length for each round will be reduced to 220 kilometres, unless agreed otherwise by Eurosport Events Ltd, while tyre quantities will be further restricted following consultation with the tyre manufacturers. The championship registration fee payable to the FIA has yet to be set but it will be kept to a reasonable level.

A proposal document detailing all the changes will be presented to the FIA Rally Commission for final approval when it meets at the end of August.

Jean-Bapitste Ley, the ERC Co-ordinator, said: “Adapting the ERC to the current market conditions but at the same time maintaining the championship’s high standards is the priority of Eurosport Events Ltd. From engaging all ERC stakeholders through regular meetings, the clear message we have received is to consolidate the number of rounds and make the ERC more affordable for those taking part.

“The changes and cost-cutting measures proposed to the last FIA Rally Commission should be welcomed by drivers and teams, while Eurosport Events Ltd will maintain its promotional efforts in the ERC. Eurosport Events Ltd will also try to introduce prize money for independent teams to encourage a high number of entrants, including R5 customers. With four different R5 cars on the market next year, we expect serious competition ahead in the ERC as a stepping-stone to the WRC.”

ERC changes in short
*Maximum 10-round calendar from 2015
*New format to align ERC closer to WRC
*Drivers, co-drivers and teams register with FIA to be eligible for points
*Cost-cutting measures include limiting tyre quantities and total stage lengths
*Headlining ERC category for R5, RRC and S2000 cars
*ERC drivers, co-drivers and teams count eight best scores (four from each half of the season)
*ERC2 for Group N and R4 cars. Drivers, co-drivers and teams also count eight best scores (four from each half of the season)
*ERC3 for all 2WD cars with drivers, co-drivers and teams scoring on six events (three from each half of the season)
*ERC Junior renamed Junior ERC. Drivers count four best scores from six nominated events

RS
17th June 2014, 17:39
10 rounds is good.

Hope they don't go too far with this though and end up bland-ifying the ERC.

makinen_fan
17th June 2014, 17:52
I dont like this one

PLuto
17th June 2014, 18:01
I dont like this one

I completely agree with you. I will prefer to have ERC closer to the national championships than WRC, but FIA has different opinion...

AndyRAC
17th June 2014, 18:31
Er, does that mean a 'shoot out'? Please no.

Mirek
17th June 2014, 18:31
If I understand right this aligning is just a case of the subcategory naming which for me is quite irrelevant. Otherwise all the changes look reasonable. I only don't like the mandatory registration and the maximum 220 km limit which is for me too low. But the pros are more important for me. Especially proposed calendar size and the pointing system is a step forward.

Eli
17th June 2014, 21:22
if they will be limited to a maximum of 10 events it means at least 2 will drop, i hope those 2 will be the Acropolis and Corsica and i hope to see them both next year in the WRC.

Jarek Z
17th June 2014, 22:06
From 2015, the ERC will be contested over a maximum of 10 events

Finally! It took them 3 years to understand it. But better late than never.
Quite surprisingly, almost all changes seem to be good.

mousti
17th June 2014, 22:31
If I understand right this aligning is just a case of the subcategory naming which for me is quite irrelevant. Otherwise all the changes look reasonable. I only don't like the mandatory registration and the maximum 220 km limit which is for me too low. But the pros are more important for me. Especially proposed calendar size and the pointing system is a step forward.

I agree, but mostly we know from the beginning of the season who will do a ERC program. The 220 KM limit is indeed too low, Ypres will have to cut down alot then and will not be the only rally..

RS
17th June 2014, 22:54
The 220 KM limit is indeed too low, Ypres will have to cut down alot then and will not be the only rally..

Not necessarily, if you read again: "In addition, the total stage length for each round will be reduced to 220 kilometres, unless agreed otherwise by Eurosport Events Ltd,"

NaBUru38
19th June 2014, 17:11
I would prefer Acropolis, Ypres and the last round to be non-droppable.

Eli
26th June 2014, 11:56
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/114638

RS
26th June 2014, 12:58
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/114638

Sounds good, the only bit I don't like is where the council leader says it is "something we could do for a year or two"

PLuto
26th June 2014, 16:24
I dont think it is good to have two rounds in this territory...

mousti
26th June 2014, 16:42
It surprised me that it's even possible to have two rounds there, I hear only bad things how rallying goes there..

Jarek Z
27th June 2014, 10:36
I agree with you guys. What an idiotic idea. ERC rallies in Great Britain have always been a disaster. Who needs 2 rallies over there?

hari
14th August 2014, 09:43
First round of ERC 2015 - Jänner Rallye in Austria - changed its date, it now takes place from Sunday January 4th 2015 - Tuesday January 6th 2015.

http://www.rallye-oem.at/orm/news_jaenner_rallye_2015_neuer_termin_04_06_01.php

http://www.ir7.at/content/newsimg/g/jan14kubica.jpg

rallyfiend
15th August 2014, 15:23
First round of ERC 2015 - Jänner Rallye in Austria - changed its date, it now takes place from Sunday January 4th 2015 - Tuesday January 6th 2015.

http://www.rallye-oem.at/orm/news_jaenner_rallye_2015_neuer_termin_04_06_01.php

http://www.ir7.at/content/newsimg/g/jan14kubica.jpg

No Live TV? From the first event of the season.

Eurosport's commitment to Live TV seems less and less as each rally goes past.

WUff1
15th August 2014, 16:24
Don´t know what to think about this decision. 6th January is holiday in Austia, on 5th many people are not working. But maybe this is a logical decision after being dropped from Czech championship.

But it won´t help much with the number and quality of entries - in national and international starting list.

Mirek
15th August 2014, 16:30
I can only say that it will be definitely problem for Czech spectators. Less will come I'm afraid...

RS
30th August 2014, 11:26
It was originally planned to have eight events next year, interesting comments from Barum organisers:

Question from the floor to Miroslav Regner
Will Barum Czech Rally Zlín happen next year?

MR: “We will know more by the end of September. Now we are dealing with the additional conditions of the contract but I believe we will be successful and that Barum Czech Rally Zlín will happen next year. This was originally due to the idea that the ERC would like to cut the championship by two events and the original idea was to cut it to eight events in total so we will see in September how it will go.”

SM: “I would like to add we will know more in September as Mr Regner said. But we will have a meeting with the municipality soon but I can assure you we will make sure all the guarantees will take place and all the necessary contract details will be made to ensure a successful Barum Czech Rally Zlín for next year.”

OldF
1st September 2014, 15:25
I was checking the point scoring system for ERC (refreshing my memory) and noticed the following remark for eligible cars.

Remark concerning R4 cars:
- These regulations will not be continued after 2014.
- As from 01.01.2015, R4 cars will be eligible in the rallies of non European FIA regional championships only.
- Cars with a National R4 homologation will also be eligible in these rallies as from 01.01.2015

http://www.fiaerc.com/uploads/files/documents/140_2014_fia_regional_rally_sporting_regulations_a ll_160114_1.pdf (page 13)

Why only R4 cars?

I also noticed that this year is the last homologation year for Mitsu evo 9.

http://www.fia.com/sites/default/files/regulation/file/ToutesVoitures_25.06.2014.pdf (page 33)

Mirek
1st September 2014, 15:30
I think that this rules were changed few months a go and that the homologation of Evo IX was prolonged (that shall be no problem when Felicia Kit Car and Civic VTi have been homologated for 20 years already).

OldF
1st September 2014, 15:39
It sounded strange that the R4 cars would be forbidden only in Europe.

The homologation continues 7 years after the production of a model has dropped to some min. level.

Jarek Z
1st September 2014, 15:43
I was checking the point scoring system for ERC (refreshing my memory) and noticed the following remark for eligible cars.

Remark concerning R4 cars:
- These regulations will not be continued after 2014.
- As from 01.01.2015, R4 cars will be eligible in the rallies of non European FIA regional championships only.
- Cars with a National R4 homologation will also be eligible in these rallies as from 01.01.2015

Does that mean that R4 Subarus and Mitsus are going to be forbidden in the European Championship?!

Mirek
1st September 2014, 16:09
The homologation continues 7 years after the production of a model has dropped to some min. level.

That's much more years for both of these cars ;) You can ask to prolong the homologation. It's possible and commonly done.

Does that mean that R4 Subarus and Mitsus are going to be forbidden in the European Championship?!

Originally it was really like that but I think that the rule was changed through this season. I'm not sure though.

RICARDO75
1st September 2014, 18:29
"The new ERC2 category will be for traditional Group N and R4 cars with prolonged FIA homologation for three years, while ERC3 will cater for two-wheel-drive machinery conforming to FIA Regional Rally Regulations."

http://www.fia.com/news/erc-revamped-2015

Sulland
10th September 2014, 17:27
Has it been any leaks on how Eurosport plan to improve the ERC with respect to TV and streaming for 2015?
This was one of the advantages of IRC vs WRC, that now seems to be gone.

Will they try to go one up on the "big brother", or is that possibility lost by becoming a FIA series?

Jarek Z
12th September 2014, 13:58
I have bad news for the people who support 12-event calendar in the ERC. In 2015 the calendar will be reduced to 10 rounds. There will be some other changes as well. Details at http://www.fiaerc.com/news/detail/id/5466/t/ERC-changes-for-2015-approved-by-FIA-World-Motor-Sport-Council

mousti
12th September 2014, 14:06
Not so bad. But still QS :(

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 5 met Tapatalk

PLuto
12th September 2014, 14:15
I have bad news for the people who support 12-event calendar in the ERC. In 2015 the calendar will be reduced to 10 rounds. There will be some other changes as well. Details at http://www.fiaerc.com/news/detail/id/5466/t/ERC-changes-for-2015-approved-by-FIA-World-Motor-Sport-Council

I dont know anybody who was supporting 12-event calendar..

PLuto
12th September 2014, 14:15
Not so bad. But still QS :(

They like qualifying stage. But there were discussions about changing the format and I hope it will happen...

mousti
12th September 2014, 16:08
If they would allow the QS entries also in Free practice that would be already better.

EDIT: only ERC and FIA registered drivers can do Shakedown (free practice) from now off?? Can't be right though? Every local driver interested to do SD has to register then :-/..

Sulland
28th October 2014, 00:59
ERC has 3 official tyre patners. I can not find trace of them anywhere in the stats. Can you?
Next year the official ERC page need to put in tyres on each driver/car on the page, so we can see what tyres they are using!

strange that the sponsors do not demand that!

makinen_fan
28th October 2014, 08:44
Agree with you, it will be nice to have somewhere clear of what each driver uses. Same goes with the WRC, since it is no longer a single tyre supplier

PLuto
28th October 2014, 11:49
They have it on TV highlights. But dont forget this is not WRC. So everybody can change the tyre mark during the race ;)

makinen_fan
28th October 2014, 11:59
They have it on TV highlights. But dont forget this is not WRC. So everybody can change the tyre mark during the race ;)

What do you mean by 'during' Pluto? Say Day 1 with Michelin and Day 2 with Pirelli, or last minute switch before the start of the event?

PLuto
28th October 2014, 12:21
Yes, it is possible. There are drivers who are switching the tyres during the race. For sure, on the top it is not usual...

Mirek
28th October 2014, 17:02
Yes, usually only the works teams have season-long agreements with tyre manufacturers. The others are free to choose. Than you have plenty of privateers or locals who do just one or two rallies in the season. It's very difficult to follow what they use. And if even regular driver switches several times through the season what will You show in the standings? :)

Andre Oliveira
29th October 2014, 19:45
Portuguese Renato Pita will test PH Sport 208 T16 in order to prepare 2015 season.

RICARDO75
29th October 2014, 23:29
Portuguese Renato Pita will test PH Sport 208 T16 in order to prepare 2015 season.

Still can't take advantage of the R2 and he already want's a R5?

RICARDO75
29th October 2014, 23:31
Łukasz Kabaciński on ERC Production Cup

http://rajdy.autoklub.pl/news/przygotowania-do-erc-2015,58033

RS
8th November 2014, 13:09
In the Corse thread Pluto seemed to speculate that Skoda might have a different lineup next year. I can't see a reason not to continue with Kopecky and Lappi personally.

Maybe some other ERC regulars are looking for a better car next year though?

WUff1
8th November 2014, 15:40
In the Corse thread Pluto seemed to speculate that Skoda might have a different lineup next year. I can't see a reason not to continue with Kopecky and Lappi personally.

Maybe Kopecky retires? There´s nothing he can gain anymore.

Mirek
8th November 2014, 15:44
Maybe Kopecky retires? There´s nothing he can gain anymore.

Definitely not. For sure You will see Jan on stages with Fabia R5.

WUff1
9th November 2014, 17:49
Kajto confirming an ERC campaign in 2015:

http://www.fiaerc.com/news/detail/id/6304

Next year, thanks to our experience and fantastic team, we can think about fight for FIA European Rally Championship title.

Andre Oliveira
9th November 2014, 20:15
Bruno Magalhães want, at least, do the same rallyes of this year.

Fast Eddie WRC
9th November 2014, 22:30
Sounds like Craig Breen has no contract at Peugeot for 2015 ??

Breen: "Thanks to all for a roller-coaster year, many ups and downs, but always good speed! Lets hope we can secure something for next year now..."

Mirek
9th November 2014, 22:36
The question is if Peugeot continues at all?

RS
11th November 2014, 11:12
I wonder whether Skoda UK would like to come back to ERC..

RS
11th November 2014, 11:14
The question is if Peugeot continues at all?

I suppose they will only continue if they are confident they can fix the reliability problems.

Jack4688`
11th November 2014, 18:18
I wonder whether Skoda UK would like to come back to ERC..

I'd like to see them back, but mainly to compete in the British championship when it relaunches in 2016

PLuto
12th November 2014, 00:27

You will see. Lineup of manufacturer teams is not sure yet (if they will continue).

PLuto
12th November 2014, 00:29
Why Pluto, is RRC not allowed next year?

You will see. There will be some changes in ERC regulations for next year and one of them is regarding RRC...

Sulland
12th November 2014, 20:33
You will see. There will be some changes in ERC regulations for next year and one of them is regarding RRC...
And that makes sense, since the RRC is a WRC light. Engine power is more or less the same, but reliability, and suspension strength are areas where RRC is better than R5.

Jarek Z
12th November 2014, 21:13
And that makes sense, since the RRC is a WRC light. Engine power is more or less the same, but reliability, and suspension strength are areas where RRC is better than R5.

That was the idea of Regional Rally Car to be WRC light. RRC car is good and doesn't break. On the other hand, R5 is cheaper, but breaks down every second rally. So what is better?

WUff1
13th November 2014, 15:33
As already supposed Wiegand´s future uncertain - he himself talks of a possible return to motorbike driving, where he orginally comes from:

http://www.rallye-magazin.de/rallyes/int/nachrichten/news-detail/d/2014/11/13/sepp-wiegand-zukunft-unklar/index.html

RS
13th November 2014, 17:25
As already supposed Wiegand´s future uncertain - he himself talks of a possible return to motorbike driving, where he orginally comes from:

http://www.rallye-magazin.de/rallyes/int/nachrichten/news-detail/d/2014/11/13/sepp-wiegand-zukunft-unklar/index.html

Would be no great surprise. He's good, but not good enough to be ERC champion or progress any further IMO. Is there another German youngster Skoda DE may be interested in?

vino_93
13th November 2014, 18:00
Riedemann ? Griebel ?

WUff1
13th November 2014, 18:44
Riedemann? I don´t think so - his WRC3 results were not too convincing.

pucky54
13th November 2014, 19:12
Riedemann ? Griebel ?

Griebel is confirmed for JERC next year!

EightGear
15th November 2014, 22:06
Is it a possibility Skoda will take Hanninen back? I don't see him continuing with Hyundai next year....

WUff1
16th November 2014, 08:31
Is it a possibility Skoda will take Hanninen back? I don't see him continuing with Hyundai next year....

I don´t really think he´ll be going back to Skoda, but for sure Hyundai is gone for him.
On the other hand just Lappi has a contract with Skoda in 2015 for now, if Kopecky still hasn´t accepted the Skoda deal for 2015 in the meantime.

RS
16th November 2014, 11:14
I don´t really think he´ll be going back to Skoda, but for sure Hyundai is gone for him.
On the other hand just Lappi has a contract with Skoda in 2015 for now, if Kopecky still hasn´t accepted the Skoda deal for 2015 in the meantime.

I can't see that Skoda wouldn't want Kopecky to continue or that Kopecky wouldn't want to continue with Skoda.

I still think that Juho has good potential for WRC despite his age, it took Kris Meeke a year to bed in but now he is consistently 'best of the rest'

Mirek
16th November 2014, 12:31

That's what I wish but I'm almost sure it won't happen...

Anyway they have Kopecký and Lappi for 2015 I think.

Fiat-131-Abarth
16th November 2014, 16:49
RRC cars will not be allowed in ERC.

Does this mean they are not able to score points in ERC or does this mean, they may not start a ERC rally?

AndyRAC
16th November 2014, 17:00
Seems counter productive; what about the people who have RRC cars who wanted to enter? Makes no sense. Perfectly good cars not allowed?

Mirek
16th November 2014, 17:22
Seems counter productive; what about the people who have RRC cars who wanted to enter? Makes no sense. Perfectly good cars not allowed?

Yes, in my opinion it is stupid move. Especially because there is very few RRC cars around...

Does this mean they are not able to score points in ERC or does this mean, they may not start a ERC rally?

Anything can start in ERC rally if it's not part of ERC field. See Your Evo III, Audi S2, Klaussner's Audi "A2" etc. which can run Jänner but can not take points. Same with WRC cars in Ireland or probably next year in Barum.

mousti
16th November 2014, 18:54
Yes, in my opinion it is stupid move. Especially because there is very few RRC cars around...

And only on mountain rallies they maybe have slight advantage? But R5's with their turbo must be almost on the same speed I think. But yeah FIA....

Fiat-131-Abarth
16th November 2014, 19:07
Anything can start in ERC rally if it's not part of ERC field. See Your Evo III, Audi S2, Klaussner's Audi "A2" etc. which can run Jänner but can not take points. Same with WRC cars in Ireland or probably next year in Barum.

But these cars without valid homologation are starting in the national rally which is officially a own rally. My question was if RRCs are allowed to start in the ERC field (without scoring points).

markf8691
16th November 2014, 19:31
Is RRC deffo not allowed? See post below from updated 2015 erc rules...

The overall ERC title will be earmarked for drivers, co-drivers and teams using R5, Regional Rally Cars and Super 2000 cars. A maximum of eight scores will be taken into ac

Roy
16th November 2014, 19:49

The overall ERC title will be earmarked for drivers, co-drivers and teams using R5, Regional Rally Cars and Super 2000 cars. A maximum of eight scores will be taken into ac

The overall ERC will be reserved for R5 and S2000 rally cars, the ERC 2 Championship has been created for drivers of Group N cars (current N4 cars), and the ERC 3 Championship will be for cars in Groups R3, R2 and R1.

source: http://www.fia.com/world-motor-sport-council-2014-beijing

Some RRC can be rebuild to S2000?

WUff1
16th November 2014, 20:09
What about Vaclav Pech´s car at for instance Barum Rally? His Mini is a RRC, isn´t it?

mousti
16th November 2014, 20:10
Well he's screwed..

RICARDO75
16th November 2014, 20:40
I think it would be mandatory to be registed on the championship for scoring points in 2015.
If the S2000 1.6 T (RRC) will be banned next season, could be only on ERC and not at national level. I don't see Vaclav Pech to subscribe in the championship when it should only contest Barum.

mousti
16th November 2014, 23:09
Could be like some years ago when it was allowed in IRC but not in ERC, Snijers got in Ypres a shitty number then..

PLuto
17th November 2014, 01:37

They may not start an ERC rally (in ERC field).

PLuto
17th November 2014, 01:38

They can do... ...nothing.

PLuto
17th November 2014, 01:39
And only on mountain rallies they maybe have slight advantage? But R5's with their turbo must be almost on the same speed I think. But yeah FIA....

R5 cars are maybe on same speed (which is not sure on all types of stages), but RRC cars are more expensive and more reliable (because of the rules).

PLuto
17th November 2014, 01:40
But these cars without valid homologation are starting in the national rally which is officially a own rally. My question was if RRCs are allowed to start in the ERC field (without scoring points).

No, RRC cars cannot start in the ERC field (according to regulations ; if somebody with RRC will come to enter some rally, you never know what will FIA and Eurosport do).

PLuto
17th November 2014, 01:41

Yes, it is almost definitive. It only must be definitely approved on next FIA council.

PLuto
17th November 2014, 01:41
Some RRC can be rebuild to S2000?

No. RRC = S2000 with 1,6T engine. It is not possible to rebuild it into atmospheric S2000.

PLuto
17th November 2014, 01:42
What about Vaclav Pech´s car at for instance Barum Rally? His Mini is a RRC, isn´t it?

With Mini he can start only in national field.

PLuto
17th November 2014, 01:42
I think it would be mandatory to be registed on the championship for scoring points in 2015.

No. Everybody can score points.

PLuto
17th November 2014, 01:43
Could be like some years ago when it was allowed in IRC but not in ERC, Snijers got in Ypres a shitty number then..

No, this will not be possible. Only in national field.

WRC1
17th November 2014, 10:24
With Mini he can start only in national field.

what a stupid rule....

Filip
17th November 2014, 15:01
It won't be a surprise if FIA in the next few years comes up with some new class which will be mandatory for a certain championship and the story goes all over again.

RS
17th November 2014, 16:03
what a stupid rule....

I'm not so sure the idea of eliminating RRC cars is so bad. They are currently more competitive than R5 cars but more expensive, and FIA is trying to keep the cost of competing down.

WRC1
17th November 2014, 16:25
I'm not so sure the idea of eliminating RRC cars is so bad. They are currently more competitive than R5 cars but more expensive, and FIA is trying to keep the cost of competing down.

but lets be honest, how much more competitive are they really?? and how much RRC cars are arround?? 1-2 Citroens? 1 Mini? a few Fiestas?? and only in the hands of an real competitive driver these cars can show the full potential...so let them be, in latest 1 year R5 will be faster anyway (...as soon as Skoda R5 arrive)

Mirek
17th November 2014, 18:17

If anything else it's totally unfair for all those who bought the cars.

WUff1
17th November 2014, 18:36
If anything else it's totally unfair for all those who bought the cars.

... and to a lesser extent also for all those who more or less regularly rent this cars, e.g. Bouffier in his 3 ERC outings this year.

It also makes ERC less transmissible for WRC drivers wanting to test in an ERC rally (ok, this doesn´t happen too often, but it happens, like Kubica this year at Jänner Rallye).

RICARDO75
17th November 2014, 19:06
Most of them were rented this year. It's bad for Pech and Moffet

FORD FIESTA RRC #41 GP RACING - Bryan Bouffier (Tour de Corse)

FORD FIESTA RRC #17 Stéphane Sarrazin (Tour de Corse)

FORD FIESTA RRC #36 GMA Racing - Philippe Roux (Valais)

FORD FIESTA RRC #26 Al-Rajhi (Cyprus)

FORD FIESTA RRC #25 AT RACING - Bernardo Sousa (Azores)

FORD FIESTA RRC #16 Sam Moffet (Ireland)

FORD FIESTA RRC #30 M-SPORT - Robert Kubica (Jänner)

CITROËN DS3 RRC #5 PH SPORT - Bryan Buffier (Greece)

CITROËN DS3 RRC #16 PH SPORT - Bryan Bouffier (Latvia)

MINI COOPER RRC #24 INVELT - Vaclav Pech (Barum)

MINI COOPER RRC #22 INVELT - Vaclav Pech (Jänner)

mousti
17th November 2014, 20:20
but lets be honest, how much more competitive are they really?? and how much RRC cars are arround?? 1-2 Citroens? 1 Mini? a few Fiestas?? and only in the hands of an real competitive driver these cars can show the full potential...so let them be, in latest 1 year R5 will be faster anyway (...as soon as Skoda R5 arrive)
There is more than u think because every WRC 1.6t is a RRC but probably not everyone has those modifications though. DS3 RRC only ones I see driven is the one of PH and one in Italy I think the DS3 from Dmax.

Mirek
17th November 2014, 20:23
Fabian Kreim replaces Sepp Wiegand in Škoda Deutschland. Looks like that he will do only DRM for the start. He was Opel Adam R2 driver this year.

http://www.rallye-magazin.de/rallyes/masters/nachrichten/news-detail/d/2014/11/17/skoda-mit-kreim-zurueck-in-die-drm/index.html

RS
17th November 2014, 22:47
Fabian Kreim replaces Sepp Wiegand in Škoda Deutschland. Looks like that he will do only DRM for the start. He was Opel Adam R2 driver this year.

http://www.rallye-magazin.de/rallyes/masters/nachrichten/news-detail/d/2014/11/17/skoda-mit-kreim-zurueck-in-die-drm/index.html

I feel a little sorry for Wiegand, as he was not bad. But at the same time it was clear he was not going to be a German World Rally Champion (or even European Champion normally speaking)

WUff1
18th November 2014, 10:35
This is really bad for him, even his co-driver stays.

So it´s also clear who drives ERC in 2015 for Skoda now.

Sulland
18th November 2014, 21:20

The RRCs are buildt as a WRCar, and they then put on a different flywheel, restrictor and smaller spoiler kit.
So the main differesnce btw R5 and RRC is not power, that are pretty similar, it is in the bits used in the rest of the car IMO. The RRCs are more durable in all aspects of the car than the R5s that are buildt with cheaper parts to keep the cost down.

(if this is completely wrong technically, there will be a couple of CZ boys correcting me... :-))

PLuto
19th November 2014, 12:55
The RRCs are buildt as a WRCar, and they then put on a different flywheel, restrictor and smaller spoiler kit.
So the main differesnce btw R5 and RRC is not power, that are pretty similar, it is in the bits used in the rest of the car IMO. The RRCs are more durable in all aspects of the car than the R5s that are buildt with cheaper parts to keep the cost down.

(if this is completely wrong technically, there will be a couple of CZ boys correcting me... :-))

You are correct.

PLuto
19th November 2014, 12:56
This is really bad for him, even his co-driver stays.

So it´s also clear who drives ERC in 2015 for Skoda now.

I think it is not so clear...

RS
19th November 2014, 13:26
I think it is not so clear...

Is it clear how many cars Skoda will run in ERC?

Maybe Lappi to WRC2 and Kopecky + 1 new one in ERC would be a good solution?

liposh
19th November 2014, 13:37
Rumours says Kopecky will compete in Czech national championship (with Skoda, there is do doubt) as priority Nr. 1. ...We will see.

RS
19th November 2014, 13:40
Rumours says Kopecky will compete in Czech national championship (with Skoda, there is do doubt) as priority Nr. 1. ...We will see.

Uffff, how many times has he done this already?? I would rather see him in ERC and for Skoda to hire a young Czech driver for the home championship (Cerny?)

WUff1
19th November 2014, 15:00
So maybe Kopecky in Czech championship and some few rallies ERC? Lappi WRC2 - and some rallies ERC - or WRC2 only? What about MERC? No regular Skoda driver in ERC next year? So many questions ...

PLuto
19th November 2014, 15:51
As I have heard, Skoda wanted to send Sepp Wiegand to MERC, but Skoda Deutschland was not interested...

Mirek
19th November 2014, 19:21
As I have heard, Skoda wanted to send Sepp Wiegand to MERC, but Skoda Deutschland was not interested...

Naturally. Why shall they be? It's bullshit idea for national importer.

Jack4688`
19th November 2014, 20:23
If Skoda wanted him there why don't they send him themselves, why have to rely on a national arm of Skoda? They didn't send Kopecky or Lappi to APRC with a European national importer, they sent them to the MRF team, right?

RS
19th November 2014, 21:09
If Skoda wanted him there why don't they send him themselves, why have to rely on a national arm of Skoda?

Because they don't want to pay for it I guess.

Realistically he was only in the works team because of the support of Skoda Deutschland. I agree with Mirek though, why would Skoda DE want to send him to a completely different territory?

Maybe he could go to APRC if MRF want to pay?

PLuto
19th November 2014, 21:45
Is it clear how many cars Skoda will run in ERC?

Maybe Lappi to WRC2 and Kopecky + 1 new one in ERC would be a good solution?

I think there should be also some surprise...

RS
19th November 2014, 22:03
I think there should be also some surprise...

So, in an ideal world :) ...

Skoda France support Bouffier, Skoda UK support Breen and Skoda Belgium support Loix.

I guess they will announce something when they present the Fabia R5.

mousti
19th November 2014, 22:41
Skoda Belgium will indeed support Loix, but for BRC, I think they aren's so interested in it and probably don't have the funds for an ERC program.

noel157
20th November 2014, 23:12
So, in an ideal world :) ...

Skoda France support Bouffier, Skoda UK support Breen and Skoda Belgium support Loix.

I guess they will announce something when they present the Fabia R5.

No sure about Bouffier but you never know.

cosmin_sb
21st November 2014, 16:54
David Botka will run next year in ERC2 or how will name the old production cup.

garais22
28th November 2014, 08:31
Vasily Gryazin next season will drive in ERC 2WD and rallycross (RX Lites). Also he with his brother drive Andros Trophee.
His 16 years old brother will drive in Latvian rally championship
http://www.go4speed.lv/lv/news/rallijs/4002-grjazins-nakamgad-brauks-erc-rallija-un-rallijkrosa/

WUff1
28th November 2014, 12:02
Vasily Gryazin next season will drive in ERC 2WD and rallycross (RX Lites). Also he with his brother drive Andros Trophee.
His 16 years old brother will drive in Latvian rally championship
http://www.go4speed.lv/lv/news/rallijs/4002-grjazins-nakamgad-brauks-erc-rallija-un-rallijkrosa/

Another talented driver who ran out of money ...

sindroms
28th November 2014, 15:18
Another talented driver who ran out of money ...

I don't think so at all. As seems to me they just don't rush a things. Gryazin sr. have his own approach and personally I like it very much.

liposh
28th November 2014, 16:22
Anyway there must be something wrong. We have seen a plenty of young drivers who accelerated change of car from 2WD to 4WD and they were weak because being too young for 4WD, but it wasn´t this year´s Gryazin case. He was strong enough to compete with Wiegand for being vice-master of ERC or somewhere around that spot. On other hand competing in ERC 2WD is for 22-year old driver still very good school and it is not waste of time.

vino_93
28th November 2014, 16:54
Yes I think it's a good way to learn. Moreover the champion has an official drive if I remember correctly. So that's good thing, better than being seen as a payant driver.

sindroms
28th November 2014, 17:13
Anyway there must be something wrong. We have seen a plenty of young drivers who accelerated change of car from 2WD to 4WD and they were weak because being too young for 4WD, but it wasn´t this year´s Gryazin case. He was strong enough to compete with Wiegand for being vice-master of ERC or somewhere around that spot. On other hand competing in ERC 2WD is for 22-year old driver still very good school and it is not waste of time.

Gryazins target is to win ERC 2WD class and get a ride on R5 in 2016 as a prize.

WUff1
28th November 2014, 17:58
Yes, but it reminds me some way of Jan Cerny - from Fabia S2000 to 208 R2 to no money left at all.

vino_93
28th November 2014, 22:16
Hasn't Peugeot CZ any plan for him ?

Mirek
28th November 2014, 22:19
Peugeot CZ hasn't been very active in rallying. Tomorrow Jan is going to carry Peugeot CZ boss on the co-driver's seat of 208 T16. Let's see what that brings...

mousti
29th November 2014, 00:59
Gryazin will be a good contender for JERC that's quite nice also.

had_zachau
29th November 2014, 15:36
Martin Hudec will start with Fabia s2000 next season.

nafpaktos
30th November 2014, 20:31
Moreover the champion has an official drive if I remember correctly.

yes but this year the prize(lefebvre won it) was 2 or 4 rallies,i think two,so the prize is not that big.

Ounin
2nd December 2014, 08:09
Well, Lefebvre has already a WRC 2 contract for next year and therefore will be very busy as he was this year, and with a full PSA support he doesn't have many worries ahead. But when you're out of budget and talented, these 2-4 rallies could very very useful and give your career a push. (F.i. Abbring could get his career back on track a again after he won his 6 R5 entry pirice on ERC with Peugeot)

liposh
2nd December 2014, 09:01
It is funny, winner of Peugeot Volant France 2013 won 5 rallies with R5 in ERC (official price was 5 rallies ) and winner of JERC 2014 won 2 rallies with R5 in ERC (I have heard it before , too). We will see if they will increase the number to at least those 4 rallies.

manthey
2nd December 2014, 13:51
It is funny, winner of Peugeot Volant France 2013 won 5 rallies with R5 in ERC (official price was 5 rallies ) and winner of JERC 2014 won 2 rallies with R5 in ERC (I have heard it before , too). We will see if they will increase the number to at least those 4 rallies.

seems Abbring won 4 rally in 2013
http://www.ewrc-results.com/season.php?s=2013&sct=199

liposh
2nd December 2014, 14:18
No, no, You understood wrong, which is my fault. Sorry. He won Peugeot volant 2013 and the price was 5 starts with P208 R5 in 2014. (another two starts in 2014 were because of contract with Peugeot sport. ) At least that was the official info.

PLuto
2nd December 2014, 15:15
In ERC 2015 there will be prize money on each event - http://www.autosport.cz/clanek.php?cl=16859

liposh
2nd December 2014, 16:05
All registered crews except factory crews... ....How can we recognize factory crew? Was Wiegand with Skoda Deutschland team a factory crew? :-D

PLuto
2nd December 2014, 16:07
All registered crews except factory crews... ....How can we recognize factory crew? Was Wiegand with Skoda Deutschland team a factory crew? :-D

Decision who is/isnt factory driver will be on Eurosport Events.

PLuto
2nd December 2014, 18:07
Summary of changes in ERC 2015 (only in czech language, you can try google translator) - http://www.autosport.cz/clanek.php?cl=16861

manthey
2nd December 2014, 23:04
No, no, You understood wrong, which is my fault. Sorry. He won Peugeot volant 2013 and the price was 5 starts with P208 R5 in 2014. (another two starts in 2014 were because of contract with Peugeot sport. ) At least that was the official info.

excuse me, I misread wins with the offered races

Mirek
3rd December 2014, 15:21
Vojtěch Štajf is going to drive his Impreza on several selected events of ERC2 (production cup) in 2015 starting on Jänner.

hari
3rd December 2014, 18:29
From todays World Motor Sport Council:

From 1 January 2016, R5 cars will be recognised as the top competition car in the FIA European Rally Championship (ERC) and the S2000-Rally 1.6 turbo car will no longer be eligible in these events.

http://www.fia.com/node/9172

liposh
3rd December 2014, 18:36
If this info about ban of RRC cars postponed to 1.1.2016 is true, then Vaclav Pech will most probably compete in some (tarmac) ERC events in 2015 with his Mini, right boys?

PLuto
3rd December 2014, 19:17
If this info about ban of RRC cars postponed to 1.1.2016 is true, then Vaclav Pech will most probably compete in some (tarmac) ERC events in 2015 with his Mini, right boys?

We will see...

Mirek
3rd December 2014, 19:28

You never know if what he said was serious. Let's see. I personally don't believe in that but I would like to be wrong.

nafpaktos
3rd December 2014, 21:46
1- In order to harmonise the number of results counting towards ERC titles, the maximum number of events counting towards the ERC 3 Championship has been increased to seven.

2- In order to reduce costs for ERC Junior competitors, the tyre lottery will no longer exist from 2015, enabling competitors to re-use tyres from one rally to another.

3- When allowed in the rally Supplementary Regulations, Priority drivers may now be allowed to participate in the shakedown on ERC events, after the results of the Qualifying Stage are official.

1)do we know the rallies?
2)what exactly means tyre lottery?
3)the statement says after the results of the qs is official,why now whats the rule?do the drivers drive the qs after the official results of the qs have been announced?

Mirek
3rd December 2014, 22:02
2)what exactly means tyre lottery?

Imagine You bring a truck with tyres to the event and every JERC competitor takes accidentally chosen ones only from Your truck. That's how I believe it worked.

3)the statement says after the results of the qs is official,why now whats the rule?do the drivers drive the qs after the official results of the qs have been announced?

So far drivers who did QS could not start in shakedown. Now there will be a parc ferme organized after the QS and when results are announced they can continue with shakedown. I wonder if in reality that will be possible.

Can anyone explain what exactly is meant by this. I cant really see the point of this.
It is clarified that a car which has not started from the start line within 20 seconds will be considered as retired and will be able to restart under Rally 2 on the subsequent day.

It means that when the car already stands at the start line it must leave the place in twenty seconds otherwise game over. I think this rule already existed but the limit time was bigger - maybe one minute (?)

PLuto
3rd December 2014, 23:41
1) all rallies are counted into ERC3, best 7 results is taken into final classification

WUff1
4th December 2014, 06:21
So far drivers who did QS could not start in shakedown. Now there will be a parc ferme organized after the QS and when results are announced they can continue with shakedown. I wonder if in reality that will be possible.

Think so, too. In which time they should continue with shakedown? When the others do shakedown, priority drivers have to choose their starting position, interviews, press conference etc. ...

Andre Oliveira
5th December 2014, 19:30
RRC will be penalized on ERC 2015 and banned on 2016.

Only allowed because it is up the date to ban. RRC cars restrictor will be changed on 2015 rules acording autosport.pt

Mirek
6th December 2014, 19:19
Martina Daňhelová said in latest press release that she will start in ERC ladies trophy. She will start in Jänner with Clio gr.N and later in another at least three asphalt events with Clio R3.

Fran2013
7th December 2014, 12:50
Now it is easier to get to the rally of the Azores

Easyjet will fly to Ponta Delgada from Lisbon
Ryanair will fly to Ponta Delgada from Lisbon, Porto and London

nafpaktos
7th December 2014, 16:02

penalized?i didnt read such a thing here http://www.fia.com/node/9172

RICARDO75
9th December 2014, 21:40

Only allowed because it is up the date to ban. RRC cars restrictor will be changed on 2015 rules acording autosport.pt

autosport.pt... pff

PLuto
9th December 2014, 23:20
autosport.pt... pff

But original source is Martin Holmes...

mousti
10th December 2014, 12:34
According to Kevin Abbring he can still continue with Peugeot, but is in negotiating with other teams for WRC probably.

PLuto
10th December 2014, 13:16
According to Kevin Abbring he can still continue with Peugeot, but is in negotiating with other teams for WRC probably.

not only WRC...

EightGear
10th December 2014, 13:36
not only WRC...
ERC as well?

He said he can choose between some offers for the coming 2 years.

RS
10th December 2014, 15:14
A thread on the WRC board mentions that he talks with Skoda too. If he signs with Skoda I am sure they won't let him drive another make of vehicle elsewhere, looks like Peugeot do allow that.

I can understand him wanting to leave Peugeot after this year but I think his long term prospects might be better with PSA, afterall VAG already rejected him once.

WUff1
10th December 2014, 15:15
Maybe a second DS-works team with Abbring and Chardonnet for WRC2?

On the other hand Chardonnet was testing Peugeot 208 T16 these days ...

Are there any news about Breen b.t.w.?

stefanvv
10th December 2014, 15:29
afterall VAG already rejected him once.

Wasn't that for the WRC team?

RS
10th December 2014, 15:40
Wasn't that for the WRC team?

I am just thinking does he want to burn bridges with PSA to join a vag brand when there might be a spare Citroen WRC seat in 2016..

stefanvv
10th December 2014, 16:43
I am just thinking does he want to burn bridges with PSA to join a vag brand when there might be a spare Citroen WRC seat in 2016..

Well, his ultimate goal is to get in WRC one day I think, so as VW is out of the question, he might want to stick with PSA, if there is no other alternative like Ford or Hyundai.

Tom206wrc
10th December 2014, 16:45

Would be a bad decision from PSA to let him go :mark:

EightGear
10th December 2014, 17:22
This is the interview (in Dutch, obviously): http://www.ed.nl/sport/sport-regio/sonse-rallycoureur-kevin-abbring-voelt-zich-erkend-video-1.4665664
And a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gteM9KAsa8Y&app=desktop

Basically he is saying he is glad his efforts are being noticed despite the lacking results. Peugeot is happy and wants to continue with him.
He wants to be in WRC and says he is in a luxury position because he can choose what he wants to do, without having to bring money. He doesn't yet know what he will choose though, and somewhere around next week he will need to have signed something.

I think it could still be Hyundai, since he is allready involved with them. Or even Toyota. Who knows.

RS
10th December 2014, 17:41
He should only leave ERC if he is offered a World Rally Car IMO, winning WRC2 proves relatively nothing.

dodge33cymru
10th December 2014, 19:46
It might not prove as much skills wise, but it would let him learn the rallies and stages before making the next move up, similar reasoning to Lappi talking about it. If you look at Tanak this year, it seems to have paid off for him. I guess being in front of prospective WRC teams each day and being around the same service area may be considered advantageous in career terms.

If you look at what happened with F3000 in single seater racing, it began having trouble because the drivers weren't running on GP circuits (they were on far more interesting tracks!). National F3 championships suffered a similar issue as soon as the European version started.

I fear the same thing may happen here between ERC and WRC2, which is a real pity. In my ideal world, some WRC events would count for ERC and vice-versa for WRC2, but I realise that's not possible in this day and age with different promoters.

RS
10th December 2014, 20:33
I still maintain that learning how to drive is more important than learning the rallies. The truly good drivers are able to be quick straight away on rallies that they do not know.

bluuford
10th December 2014, 21:24
Nice promotion:
The first Estonian crew registered to at least 5 rounds in the ERC will get all their registration fees paid by @RallyEstonia! #ERC

PLuto
10th December 2014, 21:26
I still maintain that learning how to drive is more important than learning the rallies. The truly good drivers are able to be quick straight away on rallies that they do not know.

I am not sure if this is working in these days...

PLuto
10th December 2014, 21:26
Nice promotion:
The first Estonian crew registered to at least 5 rounds in the ERC will get all their registration fees paid by @RallyEstonia! #ERC

Great promotion :)

RS
10th December 2014, 21:40
I am not sure if this is working in these days...

Please elaborate.

Andre Oliveira
11th December 2014, 13:59
But original source is Martin Holmes...

http://www.fiaerc.com/uploads/files/documents/233_2015_fia_regional_rally_sporting_regulations_a ll.pdf

RICARDO75
11th December 2014, 14:18
- Super 2000-Rally cars (conforming to the 2013 Appendix J, Art. 255A) fitted with a restrictor complying
with Art. 255A-5.1.1-b except for the following points:
a) the maximum internal diameter of the restrictor is 30 mm,
b) The external diameter of the restrictor at its narrowest point must be less than 36 mm. The diameter
must be maintained over a distance of 5 mm to each side of the narrowest point.
The diameter of the turbo compressor restrictor may be revised by the FIA at any time without notice.
- Regional cars
- National cars

a) stays the same as it is.

nafpaktos
11th December 2014, 14:26
So one more year the rrc will have advantage over the r5s,since they are not obligated to use smaller restrictor.

RICARDO75
11th December 2014, 14:40
So far...
http://www.fiaerc.com/uploads/files/documents/234_2015_erc_registered_drivers.pdf

PLuto
11th December 2014, 14:41
So one more year the rrc will have advantage over the r5s,since they are not obligated to use smaller restrictor.

It is not sure if this will stay same...

RICARDO75
11th December 2014, 17:03
It is not sure if this will stay same...

The 2015 regulation has been published. Will FIA change something about this subject, after starting the season?

Luis Pacheco
11th December 2014, 17:14
Ricardo, look what they say:

The diameter of the turbo compressor restrictor may be revised by the FIA at any time without notice.
- Regional cars
- National cars

Mirek
11th December 2014, 17:15
I would keep it as it is. The advantage is not so big and RRC are so expensive that only very few would compete anyway. In any case ban for would be a pretty ugly thing against those who invested really big money in purchasing them.

John Williams
14th December 2014, 21:06
There's some very recent YouTube footage of Lefebvre testing a 208 R5.

I don't recall hearing that his 2015 calendar would include anything other than DS3 R5 or WRC.

It also does not look like a Saintéloc test.

Anyone know a little more about Peugeot plans for 2015 yet?

RS
14th December 2014, 22:02
Didn't Lefebvre win two ERC rounds with an R5 car?

Maybe he will do Janner as a Monte warm up?

PLuto
14th December 2014, 22:37
Didn't Lefebvre win two ERC rounds with an R5 car?

Maybe he will do Janner as a Monte warm up?

He is winner JERC, he won some rounds with R5. We dont know how many. Janner is possible...

Veek
15th December 2014, 14:26
Lefebvre has 8 rounds with DS 3 R5 (WRC2) en 2 with WRC. He could get additional starts with the WRC according to the press release.

PLuto
15th December 2014, 14:29
Lefebvre has 8 rounds with DS 3 R5 (WRC2) en 2 with WRC. He could get additional starts with the WRC according to the press release.

Yes, we know about it. But question was about his starts in ERC as a prize for winning ERC Junior.

sindroms
16th December 2014, 11:34
6 rounds in ERC 2WD Junior class for Ralfs Sirmacis on Pegeuot 208 R2 from SRT (Gryazin's team).

https://translate.google.lv/translate?sl=lv&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=lv&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.go4speed.lv%2Flv%2Fnews%2Ferc%2 F4055-sirmacis-nakamgad-parstaves-srt-komandu-eiropas-rallija-cempionata%2F&edit-text=&act=url

garais22
16th December 2014, 15:19
Three time Latvian rally R2 class winner Ralfs Sirmacis (20 years old) sign a deal with SRT team and will drive full European rally Championship in 2WD class.
His teammate will be Vasily Gryazin, who will also drive full ERC in 2WD class

Both will drive with Peugeot 208 R2

Goal - championship!!

http://www.go4speed.lv/lv/news/erc/4055-sirmacis-nakamgad-parstaves-srt-komandu-eiropas-rallija-cempionata/

RICARDO75
16th December 2014, 22:52
New FIA ERC 2015 registered drivers
ERC 1
Kajetan Kajetanowicz (Poland) LOTOS Rally Team
Jaromír Tarabus (Czech Republic) Kresta Racing

ERC 2
Dávid Botka (Hungary) Botka Rally Team

ERC 3
Rok Turk (Slovenia) OPV Šport
Slawomir Ogryzek (Poland) Ogryzek Rally Sport

Andre Oliveira
16th December 2014, 23:50
Great to see Kajto again :)

Tom206wrc
17th December 2014, 11:58
Three time Latvian rally R2 class winner Ralfs Sirmacis (20 years old) sign a deal with SRT team and will drive full European rally Championship in 2WD class.
His teammate will be Vasily Gryazin, who will also drive full ERC in 2WD class

Both will drive with Peugeot 208 R2

Goal - championship!!

http://www.go4speed.lv/lv/news/erc/4055-sirmacis-nakamgad-parstaves-srt-komandu-eiropas-rallija-cempionata/

On an Autoklub article(polish)they also mentionned Gryazin's Young brother Nikolaj(17 y/o) :confused:

PLuto
17th December 2014, 12:22
On an Autoklub article(polish)they also mentionned Gryazin's Young brother Nikolaj(17 y/o) :confused:

Yes, Nikolay will start in latvian championship. He is too young to do ERC...

Tom206wrc
17th December 2014, 12:45
Thanks for the info Pluto ;)

garais22
18th December 2014, 08:17
Third fastest Rallycross SuperCar driver Reinis Nitišs will also do Rally Liepāja. Very interesting
http://www.go4speed.lv/lv/news/erc/4061-nitiss-kopa-ar-mari-neiksanu-startes-liepajas-erc-rallija/

Fast Eddie WRC
19th December 2014, 12:35
Good news !

http://www.fiaerc.com/news/detail/id/6478/t/New-prize-fund-for-privateers-and-more-Tv-for-Erc-in-2015

Ounin
19th December 2014, 12:58
Great news indeed, both items, as far as TV coverage is concerned; big brother WRC could learn something about this

rallyfiend
19th December 2014, 13:21
Great news indeed, both items, as far as TV coverage is concerned; big brother WRC could learn something about this

I'm not sure that's a fair comment. These guys haven't said anything about Live TV and WRC already has that preview programme, except there's is half an hour long!

WRC did a lot of Live coverage n 2014 - Eurosport did about 3 hours!

PLuto
19th December 2014, 14:13

And despite it this 3 hours was more professional than whole WRC live coverage in 2014...

Ounin
19th December 2014, 14:36
I'm not sure that's a fair comment. These guys haven't said anything about Live TV and WRC already has that preview programme, except there's is half an hour long!

I'm not talking about live coverage, it's the whole TV package for all - in my case- European viewers, that anybody can watch which allowes you to know exactly what has happened that weekend, and not only the top 5, all that jazz, juniors included. In WRC with WRC2. Most of the stuff is a long search on YouTube. Some countries have a small contract with WRC for 5 minutes with images already shown on WRC.com... It's known that WRC lacks a healthy TV contract and the the deal with Red Bull was a disaster. There are many FIA meetings spend with all manufacturers about this subject, it is a known problem.

mousti
19th December 2014, 14:54
List of registered ERC increased a bit. I guess Peugeot has to enter yet their second entry with Charles Martin who won 208 cup normally.

PLuto
19th December 2014, 15:05
List of registered ERC increased a bit. I guess Peugeot has to enter yet their second entry with Charles Martin who won 208 cup normally.

Actually there is 15 registered drivers, I expect that for Janner we will have at least 20 pieces...

mousti
19th December 2014, 15:07
Actually there is 15 registered drivers, I expect that for Janner we will have at least 20 pieces...

Quite good news then :).

christy but
19th December 2014, 19:40
can regional rally cars score points in the erc 2015

WUff1
19th December 2014, 19:43
can regional rally cars score points in the erc 2015

Yes.

RS
19th December 2014, 20:04

Where is this list?

What exactly is the prize for Charles Martin?

tolis
19th December 2014, 20:51
Here you are!

Jeppe
19th December 2014, 20:54
Where is this list?

What exactly is the prize for Charles Martin?

Good questions. Don´t know where is the list but I do not what is the prize of the 208 Cup in France:

- Ce prix consistera en un programme au volant d’une Peugeot 208 T16 (R5) aux couleurs de Peugeot Sport

..and it´s something like this in googlish ;)

- Prize will consist a program at the wheel of a Peugeot 208 T16 (R5) in the colors of Peugeot Sport

Well, it´s not specified how many and which rallies. We´ll see..

RS
22nd December 2014, 10:34
Looks like Breen and Charles Martin with Peugeot this year then, and Abbring to Skoda or WRC?

Lefebrve said he will also do Ypres in a 208.

WUff1
22nd December 2014, 10:59
Looks like Breen and Charles Martin with Peugeot this year then, and Abbring to Skoda or WRC?

Lefebrve said he will also do Ypres in a 208.

... or Toyota pays for him?

EightGear
22nd December 2014, 13:11
Breen will do WRC2 with a Peugeot as well.

RS
22nd December 2014, 13:25
Nine rounds for Breen, 4 for Martin: http://www.rallye-info.com/article.asp?stid=12111

EightGear
22nd December 2014, 13:30
I'm curious to see what Abbring will be doing next year, I guess he didn't receive a comparable offer otherwise he would have signed.

Fast Eddie WRC
22nd December 2014, 15:51
Fantastic for Breen to be continuing with Peugeot in 2015 after so much bad luck and reliability issues last year.. :)

“I’m delighted to be continuing with PEUGEOT Sport in 2015 when our priority will be the ERC title, ” says 24-year old Craig. “Last year wasn’t easy. We were down on luck and it was the 208 T16’s debut season but now all the ingredients are in place. The car combines speed and reliability and I know the team well, since this will be my third year as part of the official line-up. It’s going to be an exciting but busy year because my programme also includes, with PEUGEOT Sport support, seven WRC-2 outings in the 208 T16 with the same team.”

The PEUGEOT Rally Academy’s 2015 campaign with the 208 T16 and 208 promises to be particularly busy, beginning with its first competitive appearance on next month’s European Rally Championship opener, the Jännerrallye.

Fast Eddie WRC
23rd December 2014, 13:14
What is the future for Lappi, have I missed the news on his 2015 intentions ?

Not heard anything since celebrating Skoda's 50 golden wins ...

https://scontent-b-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/t31.0-8/10634126_394094147412560_560908323603371751_o.jpg

PLuto
23rd December 2014, 13:18
Skoda Motorsport will not start with S2000 car anymore. They are waiting for R5 car...

Ounin
23rd December 2014, 16:31
It depends on what the deal Abrring has made for '15, maybe better than another year at Peugeot, or no deal at all: bet on wrong horse... Time will tell, we probably get answer on short notice

Mirek
23rd December 2014, 16:46
Škoda doesn't plan any starts before late March/April therefore they have time for negotiations. The stock Fabia is brand new. It needs some promotion and Škoda is in very good financial condition to afford that. We can safely assume they will do ERC, WRC2 and Czech championship together with a certain number of other national championships with the new R5 car (Belgium, Austria for example). For WRC2, ERC and Czech championship they need more than two drivers. Abbring certainly is in the radar but he has another options too.

Fast Eddie WRC
23rd December 2014, 17:30
Looks like Breen and Charles Martin with Peugeot this year then ...

Yep ! :)

"The Peugeot Rally Academy’s second driver will be French ace Charles Martin (25), who followed in the footsteps of Kevin Abbring as winner of the 208 Rally Cup in 2014. His prize for winning that series is six events in the 208 T16, namely four in the European Rally Championship (Circuit of Ireland, Azores, Barum Czech Rally Zlin and Greece) plus two rallies in France (Le Touquet and Var). The Academy’s programme will again be overseen by Team Saintéloc."

WUff1
23rd December 2014, 17:39
Yep ! :)

"The Peugeot Rally Academy’s second driver will be French ace Charles Martin (25), who followed in the footsteps of Kevin Abbring as winner of the 208 Rally Cup in 2014. His prize for winning that series is six events in the 208 T16, namely four in the European Rally Championship (Circuit of Ireland, Azores, Barum Czech Rally Zlin and Greece) plus two rallies in France (Le Touquet and Var). The Academy’s programme will again be overseen by Team Saintéloc."

But just 4 rounds in ERC? Even Ancian had 6 in 2013.

RS
23rd December 2014, 17:40
Škoda doesn't plan any starts before late March/April therefore they have time for negotiations. The stock Fabia is brand new. It needs some promotion and Škoda is in very good financial condition to afford that. We can safely assume they will do ERC, WRC2 and Czech championship together with a certain number of other national championships with the new R5 car (Belgium, Austria for example). For WRC2, ERC and Czech championship they need more than two drivers. Abbring certainly is in the radar but he has another options too.

I presume not the works team in WRC2?

I would still like to see them support a new young Czech driver for the Czech Championship and Kopecky back to ERC.

Mirek
23rd December 2014, 17:42
It all depends when R5 is finally homologated. It can change all plans.

PLuto
23rd December 2014, 18:02
But just 4 rounds in ERC? Even Ancian had 6 in 2013.

Charles Martin has also 6 starts, but two of them will be in french championship (Touquet and Var). I think it is because Lefebvre will use second Peugeot car on Ypres and winner of JERC 2015 will use second Peugeot on Corse.

Jarek Z
27th December 2014, 13:33
Lukasz Kabacinski revealed his plan for the beginning of the ERC season:
"We will start right at the beginning of January from Rally Jänner held in Austria. Afterwards we will take part once again in Rally Liepaja and hopefully in Circuit of Ireland Rally. Further plans will be decided one by one."

His car will look like this:

https://scontent-a-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/s526x296/10446457_385883401573330_4022448193535577785_n.jpg ?oh=8775a8536292649451a412d8c988e062&oe=553C3088

RS
28th December 2014, 19:24
Breen, Lukyanuk, Neubauer, Consani and others now registered for ERC: http://www.fiaerc.com/uploads/files/documents/234_2015_erc_registered_drivers.pdf

PLuto
28th December 2014, 20:02
Breen, Lukyanuk, Neubauer, Consani and others now registered for ERC: http://www.fiaerc.com/uploads/files/documents/234_2015_erc_registered_drivers.pdf

You can see on entry list to Janner rallye (according to priorities), who is registered.

Tom206wrc
31st December 2014, 14:43
Apparently Guillaume de Mévius in ERC3 in 2015 :confused:

tommeke_B
31st December 2014, 14:57
Apparently Guillaume de Mévius in ERC3 in 2015 :confused:

I think you mean Ghislain De Mevius, Guillaume is his younger brother who will most likely do a 2nd season with 208 R2 in Belgium. Yes, plan is to drive a Clio R3T as I heard, some European trophy apparently... I don't know more about it.

PLuto
31st December 2014, 15:39
I think you mean Ghislain De Mevius, Guillaume is his younger brother who will most likely do a 2nd season with 208 R2 in Belgium. Yes, plan is to drive a Clio R3T as I heard, some European trophy apparently... I don't know more about it.

Guillaume is really registered into ERC3. And I expect he will register also into JERC...

cosmin_sb
3rd January 2015, 15:19
5 round for Florin Tincescu this year in ERC3. The car isn't know in this moment.

Jarek Z
3rd January 2015, 16:16
Swiss driver Jonathan Hirschi revelaed his plans for the begiining of the ERC season:
“I will do the first three rounds because it’s a good opportunity and I am lucky to do that. Then we will reach a point and after that the target is to do 80 per cent of the season. If nothing changes I will do the first three rallies and we will see.”

His car:

http://www.autoklub.pl/media/201501/78886-hirschi.jpg

More about him at http://www.fiaerc.com/news/detail/id/6523/t/Q%26a%3A-Jonathan-Hirschi

RS
4th January 2015, 12:32
Do we know how many rounds Kajetanowicz will do this year?

Also anyone know if Bouffier might try to put together an ERC programme this year?

And I know I ask this every year, but what about Basso and Rossetti? After Ypres last year Rossetti said he would do a few more ERC rounds, but it never happened.

mousti
4th January 2015, 12:43
All depends on money for those like every year. Kajto will do I think the 7 events that will count for overall classification.

RS
4th January 2015, 13:06
At this stage then Breen has to be favourite for the title as he has a good programme and the car must surely be better than last year.

I believe the Skoda will be competitive but we don't yet know when it will debut or what their programme will be. They will have to start Azores at the latest in order to compete on 7 rounds.

Jarek Z
5th January 2015, 09:54
Do we know how many rounds Kajetanowicz will do this year?

This question was actually asked during the pre-event press conference. Kajto's answer was:
“It’s strange, but at this moment I’m not sure. I want to be on seven, maybe eight, rounds, Now we are on Jännerrallye and Rally Liepāja. I spoke with Craig [Breen] and he said, ‘Kajto, come to Ireland, you can be fast there.’ Then we’ll see. Maybe Açores – it’s a beautiful rally, with beautiful stages. I hope we can be there.”

RICARDO75
6th January 2015, 15:08
Julius Tannert on Junior ERC with Opel
http://www.fiaerc.com/drivers/detail/id/302

WUff1
6th January 2015, 16:24
Hermann Neubauer said before Jänner Rallye, that he was still not sure after Jänner if he´d compete in ERC or in Austrian championship. Now after he has retired on Jänner at 4th position, he said he´d continue in ERC, because he doesn´t see any chance beating Baumschlager in Austrian championship after him winning the national part of the Rally at Jänner and all other serious contestants either retired or didn´t start at Jänner. So probably an ERC campaign of Neubauer, too.

His words are understandable, if considering that Baumschlager won Austrian championship already 12 times, and his last and only retirement of the last years was Rallye Waldviertel 2013 (being beaten by Kajto by the way).

Jarek Z
6th January 2015, 17:56
Hermann Neubauer said before Jänner Rallye, that he was still not sure after Jänner if he´d compete in ERC or in Austrian championship. Now after he has retired on Jänner at 4th position, he said he´d continue in ERC, because he doesn´t see any chance beating Baumschlager in Austrian championship after him winning the national part of the Rally at Jänner and all other serious contestants either retired or didn´t start at Jänner. So probably an ERC campaign of Neubauer, too.

His words are understandable, if considering that Baumschlager won Austrian championship already 12 times, and his last and only retirement of the last years was Rallye Waldviertel 2013 (being beaten by Kajto by the way).

Thanks for this interesting piece of news. It will be good to have Nuebauer in the ERC. However, I must say, that I don't understand Neubauer's comments. He is a good driver, 36 years old, has sponsors and a good car. Why can't he beat Baumschlager? With all due respect for this great driver, but he is just a veteran driver, who should be easily beaten by younger competitors. If Nuebauer doesn't know how to do it, he can ask this question to Kajto at the press conference. Kajto defeated Baumschlager twice already and it was like a piece of cake for him, even though he didn't know the stages as good as Mundl.

tolis
6th January 2015, 17:59

He cannot beat Baumschlager, but he can beat the ERC contenders? :D

WUff1
6th January 2015, 18:44
He said he and his sponsors could get more attention in ERC, and I think he´s right. In Austria everything is focused on Baumschlager. Austrian media reporting about Jänner Rallye this days all write about Baumschlager, Baumschlager, Baumschlager again - a little bit about Kajto (they finally can´t igore him after this rally) - and hardly anything about the other drivers. But we´ll have to see how long this campaign will last. 2013 Neubauer finally gave his ERC campaing up rather early after a series of retirements, as I remember.

Mirek
9th January 2015, 18:41
Tarabus skips Latvia but will be back in Ireland :)

Nelly
9th January 2015, 20:11
Tarabus skips Latvia but will be back in Ireland :)

Brilliant it will be great to see him here, any news if the R5 will be ready for the Circuit, start of April probably a bit early!

Mirek
9th January 2015, 20:20
All I can say is that I hope the R5 is ready for Ireland but we have to wait and see...

tommeke_B
9th January 2015, 20:25
It also depends on production of the Fabia. 25 000 cars have to be produced before the homologation is valid.

Mirek
9th January 2015, 20:39
It also depends on production of the Fabia. 25 000 cars have to be produced before the homologation is valid.

That's no problem at all. Fabia production started several months a go. Of course it didn't start on full steam but 25000 is a little more than one month of normal production.

Nelly
9th January 2015, 21:01
I'd say they'll just want everything right, Peugeot rushed their car and payed for it, can't wait for it to come though

RS
9th January 2015, 21:05
It seems R5 is a very difficult category to get right (maybe even harder than WRC?).

Peugeot/Citroen homologation was delayed and the car is still unreliable, the Ford has not been without problems and Skoda started testing a variation of their car 18 months ago minimum and it is still not ready.

PLuto
9th January 2015, 22:40
Richard Rodgers is finishing as PR of European Rally Championship (he was also in IRC). Together with other team we have prepared big thanks for his work...

http://www.e-pluto.cz/erc-richard.jpg

Jarek Z
15th January 2015, 15:20
As many as 38 crews have already been registered in the ERC. This must be some kind of a record.
The new entries in the top category are Giacomo Costenaro (Peugeot 207 S2000 from Delta Rally) and Jarosław Koltun. Full list here: http://www.fiaerc.com/uploads/files/documents/247_2015_erc_registered_drivers_updated.pdf

PLuto
15th January 2015, 16:27
I expect at least 50 registrations before Liepaja...

mousti
15th January 2015, 16:30
Till when are registrations open?

PLuto
15th January 2015, 16:38
Till the closing date for the last ERC round in France/Swiss :)

PLuto
16th January 2015, 14:53
New registered drivers are Raul Jeets and mainly Dominykas Butvilas, where is quite big chance to do more events...

Vladik
16th January 2015, 15:43
New registered drivers are Raul Jeets and mainly Dominykas Butvilas, where is quite big chance to do more events...

Please correct ERC3 list - Vasily Gryazin mentioned there two times

PLuto
16th January 2015, 16:20
Please correct ERC3 list - Vasily Gryazin mentioned there two times

Which list do you mean? On fiaerc pages?

tolis
16th January 2015, 17:25
One time in ERC3, one time in JERC.

PLuto
16th January 2015, 18:03
One time in ERC3, one time in JERC.

This is correct, he is doing both.

Vladik
16th January 2015, 19:10
This is correct, he is doing both.

Exactly, sorry for that. I thought it was one table.

PLuto
16th January 2015, 19:23
No problem. The list and whole registration process is quite complicated, there are lot of mistakes which I am trying to correct...