PDA

View Full Version : 2015 News and Results

Pages : 1 [2]

dodge33cymru
17th January 2015, 09:42
Till the closing date for the last ERC round in France/Swiss :)
The inclusion of 'Swiss' makes me very happy/optimistic...

Jarek Z
17th January 2015, 17:55
Young Polish driver Lukasz Pieniazek is going to compete in JERC. I don't know who he is and I have never heard about him. He doesn't even have any experience in Polish championship, but he wants to drive in ERC. Strange people on this planet ;)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3tAFeoAXkk

Jarek Z
17th January 2015, 18:00
Interesting! Hungarian driver Kristian Hideg wants to quit rallying. But before he does that, he wants to win the championship title in ERC2 :)
http://www.fiaerc.com/news/detail/id/6764/t/Erc2-title-and-out-for-Hideg

Jarek Z
17th January 2015, 18:15
Hungarian driver Kristian Hideg wants to quit rallying. But before he does that, he wants to win the championship title in ERC2

But will it be easy to do it?

According to http://rajdy.autoklub.pl/news/zaczynaja-od-lipawy,59200 another driver that is interested in ERC2 is Dominik Butvilas. The young Lithuanian driver is going to use Subaru Impreza STi from Subaru Poland Rally Team. Their first event will be Rally Liepaja.

Butvilas was competing in Polish rally championship last year. I saw him in action and can say that he is a really fast and talented driver. I think he can even be one of the favourites for the title in ERC2 category.

http://foto.rallyonline.pl/GALERIA/2014/06/karkonoski/jarekz/karko2014_jzagorny_05.jpg

Tom206wrc
17th January 2015, 19:44
Young Polish driver Lukasz Pieniazek is going to compete in JERC. I don't know who he is and I have never heard about him. He doesn't even have any experience in Polish championship, but he wants to drive in ERC. Strange people on this planet ;)

He could be a great surprise, who knows ;)

tolis
17th January 2015, 22:03
He has done 13 rallies last year!
http://ewrc-results.com/profile.php?p=73062&t=%A3ukasz-Pieniazek

br21
18th January 2015, 09:30
He is young, he has money, not slow already, so if he wants to learn that is good step to go abroad.

Jarek Z
18th January 2015, 20:06
He has done 13 rallies last year!
http://ewrc-results.com/profile.php?p=73062&t=%A3ukasz-Pieniazek

Maybe, but if you look closer you will see that most of them are amateur events.
Good luck to him anyway! He may bu a successful rally driver, his last name in English means "Money" ;)

Jarek Z
18th January 2015, 21:31
Let's hope it won't take Xavier Panseri much time to switch from sand of Argentina to snow&ice of Monte. By the way - congratulations to Holek! :)
http://www.fiaerc.com/news/detail/id/6775/t/Dakar-podium-joy-for-Erc-heroes

Tom206wrc
25th January 2015, 07:07
Polish champion Wojciech Chuchala in ERC Junior 2015(with a 208 R2) ;)

Jarek Z
25th January 2015, 12:41
Polish champion Wojciech Chuchala in ERC Junior 2015(with a 208 R2) ;)

Yes, what a disappointment! After a fantastic season at the wheel of his Ford Fiesta R5 he has to make a step backwards and drive some shitty small car :(

http://foto.rallyonline.pl/GALERIA/2014/06/karkonoski/jarekz/karko2014_jzagorny_14.jpg

RS
25th January 2015, 13:18
Let's hope it won't take Xavier Panseri much time to switch from sand of Argentina to snow&ice of Monte. By the way - congratulations to Holek! :)
http://www.fiaerc.com/news/detail/id/6775/t/Dakar-podium-joy-for-Erc-heroes

Hmm, Monte didn't turn out so well for Bryan this year. What are his plans for the rest of the year?

Jarek Z
25th January 2015, 13:32
Hmm, Monte didn't turn out so well for Bryan this year. What are his plans for the rest of the year?

I'm afraid the answer to this question has been the same in the last 3 years. Everything depends on his dog :(

Mirek
25th January 2015, 18:03
Yes, what a disappointment! After a fantastic season at the wheel of his Ford Fiesta R5 he has to make a step backwards and drive some shitty small car :(

He will do only JERC and nothing else?

Jarek Z
25th January 2015, 18:34
He will do only JERC and nothing else?

No idea! But I don't think he has so much money to do anything more.

There was a kind of a "scandal" in the last rally of the previous season here in Poland. Chuchala decided to withdrawn from the rally when it was sure that he would win the championship. He drove maybe 4 or 5 stages and stopped. Some people say that he borrowed some money to compete in the rally and didn't want to "waste" them. Do I need to tell you what the reaction of the spectators was? ;)

I'm afraid that he's not going to drive cars as expensive as R5 machines anymore.

PLuto
25th January 2015, 21:54

Going abroad is not step backward, it should help him a lot. And if he has not enough money for starts abroad with R5, JERC is the best solution for him.

Jarek Z
25th January 2015, 22:25
Damn it! 50 entries already. The two new ones come from Orsak's team, but the drivers' names are missing:
http://www.fiaerc.com/uploads/files/documents/256_2015_erc_registered_drivers_updated.pdf

Mirek
25th January 2015, 22:31
Shall be Orsák and Hudec

tolis
25th January 2015, 23:52
Do I need to tell you what the reaction of the spectators was? ;)

Yes! :)

PLuto
25th January 2015, 23:54
Damn it! 50 entries already.

Yes, I have told it before ! And it will be over 50, some entries are still missing there ;)

PLuto
25th January 2015, 23:54
The two new ones come from Orsak's team, but the drivers' names are missing.

It is teams registration. No names registered. So it should be different drivers during season...

mousti
26th January 2015, 13:53
Zawada enters Junior ERC again with a Opel Adam R2.

http://www.fiaerc.com/news/detail/id/6810/t/Zawada-gets-Opel-support-for-Erc-Junior-return

17th entry already for Junior ERC!

liposh
26th January 2015, 18:01
Shall be Orsák and Hudec Do you think Orsak will drive this season? My bet is Kurka and Hudec. But it depends on Orsak' s situation.

Mirek
26th January 2015, 18:29
Do you think Orsak will drive this season? My bet is Kurka and Hudec. But it depends on Orsak' s situation.

You can use license of another country...

tolis
26th January 2015, 19:07
Can you please remind me what happened with Orsak? :)

liposh
26th January 2015, 19:26
He probably lost his driving licence...probably twice or even more times :-D Nobody knows exactly, because you can´t trust even daily newspapers in Czech republic. Nothing to worry about :-D Life is easy for those who knows how to live it ;-)

Mirek
26th January 2015, 20:44
It would be funny if it was fun.

Fast Eddie WRC
30th January 2015, 22:30
Great news from young star Chris Ingram today... :D

' Ecstatic to have signed with Peugeot UK for 2015 !!

Very excited to start my first full season as the official driver in Latvia next week, the first round of the FIA ERC Junior. The objective is to chase the European Junior title in the Union Jack 208 R2, before moving up to the 208 R5 towards the end of the year.

My French codriver Gabin Moreau will continue to guide the way and MMG - Multi Motion Garage will once again prepare the incredible Peugeot Sport 208 R2. I would like to say a huge thank-you to everyone at Peugeot UK, and our partners Total, Peugeot Sport and Peugeot Finance for having the belief in me. We appreciate all your support and hope to do you all proud.

Rally Liepāja... We’re coming! '

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/1509909_975451912466892_3749853518689503013_n.jpg? oh=2cec14b06bc12f3f92940cd7768a4e72&oe=554E04DA

RS
30th January 2015, 23:05
Good news about Ingram. I hope it can lead to a full R5 ERC programme for him in 2016.

Ounin
31st January 2015, 13:21
Great stuff, another young guy from overseas going in to Europe. Stepehen Wright also invested in R5 car to contest Belgium Rally Champioship 2015. In this stage of their careers it's important to make as much as rally miles as possible!

tommeke_B
31st January 2015, 13:24
Great stuff, another young guy from overseas going in to Europe. Stepehen Wright also invested in R5 car to contest Belgium Rally Champioship 2015. In this stage of their careers it's important to make as much as rally miles as possible!
He's not going to do the Belgian championship. Maybe a few events, if we're lucky..

the sniper
2nd February 2015, 01:13
Great news from young star Chris Ingram today... :D

' Ecstatic to have signed with Peugeot UK for 2015 !!

Very excited to start my first full season as the official driver in Latvia next week, the first round of the FIA ERC Junior. The objective is to chase the European Junior title in the Union Jack 208 R2, before moving up to the 208 R5 towards the end of the year.

Rally Liepāja... We’re coming!'

Good news about Ingram. I hope it can lead to a full R5 ERC programme for him in 2016.

I wonder whether a BRC campaign in a R5 208 in 2016 is more likely than a season in ERC next year? The ERC is virtually invisible here in the UK now compared to how the IRC was at it's peak, which was still fairly obscure. Obviously we don't know what kind of TV deal the BRC will get on its return in 2016, but I honestly can't imagine it offering worse exposure than what the ERC now gets on Eurosport! You'd also have to imagine it'd be cheaper to do the BRC & Rally GB than touring Europe, on top of rallying in front of spectators who might actually buy a car from Peugeot UK, rather than some other importer on the far side of Europe.

Jack4688`
2nd February 2015, 17:50
That's what I always thought about Skoda UK when they rallied in the IRC, but then the coverage for the BRC at the time was pretty poor...

WUff1
6th February 2015, 11:52
Now that Tour de Corse is back in WRC, does anybody know if Rally Valais will replace it in ERC? Nothing heard about it in the media by now.

Negaiss
6th February 2015, 12:47
Acording to latest forecast, Sunday will be very windy and with spoty heavy snow. I gues strong wind gusts also can affect driving somehow!

Gusts ap yo 22-24 m/s are forecasted in the region (around Liepaja).

PLuto
6th February 2015, 12:58
Now that Tour de Corse is back in WRC, does anybody know if Rally Valais will replace it in ERC? Nothing heard about it in the media by now.

Yes

Jack4688`
6th February 2015, 13:22
Most likely as the Tour de Corse is now due to take place on October 1st - 4th with the Rally of Greece the week after that. traditional end of October slot for Rallye du Valais?

PLuto
6th February 2015, 13:25
Most likely as the Tour de Corse is now due to take place on October 1st - 4th with the Rally of Greece the week after that. traditional end of October slot for Rallye du Valais?

Valais was in calendar as reserve event, last weekend in October.

Andre Oliveira
6th February 2015, 21:40
Statement by Eurosport Events regarding Tour de Corse

FIA European Rally Championship promoter Eurosport Events acknowledges the decision taken by l’Assemblée de la Collectivité Territoriale de Corse to support the FIA WRC bid from the Fédération Française du Sport Automobile (FFSA).

Since the Tour de Corse was dropped from the FIA World Rally Championship in 2008, Eurosport Events has worked with the local organising body, the ASACC, during the last four years to maintain the international status of Tour de Corse and save this famous rally.

It worked successfully with the Tour de Corse organisers, arranging live television coverage on three occasions and reviving the rally to an international-level contest, with current Hyundai factory WRC driver Thierry Neuville scoring a breakthrough victory in Corsica in 2011 live on Eurosport.

Eurosport Events is pleased to see that its efforts and significant investment made over the last four years have not been in vain and that it has helped Tour de Corse return to the pinnacle of rallying.

The financial situation between the ASACC and Eurosport Events regarding the 2014 event is still not settled, and Eurosport Events looks forward to a positive outcome from its discussions with ASACC and the various Corsican authorities.

Eurosport Events will propose an amended 2015 ERC calendar, with Rallye International du Valais as the new final round, to the next FIA Rally Commission meeting.

dodge33cymru
7th February 2015, 00:44
Hey! Valais!

RS
7th February 2015, 14:44
I really hope that someone like Bouffier can come on board with a decent ERC programme because looking at it right now in Latvia we really need some more guys at the top of the big class. Hopefully Lukyanuk too will do a bigger programme but I see the championship being between Kajto and Breen.

nafpaktos
7th February 2015, 21:14
I agree with you, the driving level this moment is very very low.these drivers dont tempt me to follow rally Greece this year.

N.O.T
7th February 2015, 21:21
I agree with you, the driving level this moment is very very low.these drivers dont tempt me to follow rally Greece this year.

cannot see how much different it is from last year...

nafpaktos
7th February 2015, 21:39
Abbring and two official skoda.lappi on the one of them!

EightGear
7th February 2015, 21:39
Abbring and two official skoda.

And Bouffier.

nafpaktos
7th February 2015, 21:45
Of course,but i just named drivers followed the whole championship.

RS
7th February 2015, 22:34
Abbring and two official skoda.lappi on the one of them!

Exactly. Unfortunately Peugeot chose a less experienced guy on a smaller programme for their second car and it seems we might only see the works Skoda team on Barum this year.

nafpaktos
7th February 2015, 23:16
Exactly. Unfortunately Peugeot chose
Peugeot didint choose,just its the prize for peugeot cup.

WUff1
8th February 2015, 08:56
Well it´s not even sure if Skoda does the whole rest of ERC, and not even where their drivers start (Czech championship, ERC and WRC2).

Tom206wrc
8th February 2015, 11:54
Peugeot didint choose,just its the prize for peugeot cup.

Indeed ;)
And Abbring chose to run WRC and leaves ERC :mark:

RS
8th February 2015, 14:00
Well it´s not even sure if Skoda does the whole rest of ERC, and not even where their drivers start (Czech championship, ERC and WRC2).

Not looking likely. Lappi will do WRC2 with Skoda Motorsport, at the request of VW (I suppose they want to promote him to the second VW team in 2016) and it would be easier to run a second car in WRC than do a whole other championship. Maybe they will come back to ERC in 2016.

RS
8th February 2015, 14:02
Indeed ;)
And Abbring chose to run WRC and leaves ERC :mark:

When he is offered a works WRC seat that makes perfect sense.

Another driver whose career was rebooted by E/IRC.

TheFlyingTuga
8th February 2015, 14:49
Isn't Hyundai developing a i20 R5 as well? Maybe we will see Abbring in some selected events with that car.

Mirek
8th February 2015, 14:57
Yes, that would be nice. Let's hope :)

Fran2013
8th February 2015, 14:57
As i said before ending IRC was a mistake....Now ERC is almost a Junior championship with mediocre drivers because FIA wants the best drivers to be in the top categorie (WRC). And then we have this stupid calendar where every month there are some kind of change on the Events... Only local drivers will keep some rallies interesting.

No SKODA in 2015 ? Only private teams with few resources ? Gentlement drivers ? Really going downhill. Eurosport WAKE UP !!!

Mirek
8th February 2015, 15:02
Actually the junior championship is brilliant (on the contrary to the overall 4WD competition) and it's the best thing about ERC now.

tommeke_B
8th February 2015, 15:13
Now ERC is almost a Junior championship with mediocre drivers because FIA wants the best drivers to be in the top categorie (WRC).
Please tell us what genius things FIA has done to get the best drivers to WRC...

Fran2013
8th February 2015, 15:17
Please tell us what genius things FIA has done to get the best drivers to WRC...

Look at the IRC a couple years back and now.....

Do you really think that FIA wants the ERC to compete with WRC2 ?

Abbring and Skoda all to the WRC says a lot

ERC will be seen always as a second championship to WRC..

The wording "European" vs "World" says everything

rallyfiend
8th February 2015, 16:23

Why shoudn't Skoda (parent company) want to win a 'World' Championship?

All the national companies / distributors should have interest in the ERC.

Mind you, Eurosport are not exactly setting the world alight with the coverage of the ERC: here in the UK the highlights are on at 'stupid-o'clock' and they did what, 3, maybe 4 hours of Live coverage in all the 2014 season? Two events in to 2015, and still no Live. Have they announced any plans for some? No, just an extra 15 minute preview show from each event.

It isn't always the fault of the FIA....

Jarek Z
8th February 2015, 16:28

You are right. But does it have to be like that? If we look at football, the most exciting sport in the world, the European Championship in football is more exciting and has a better level of competition than the World Cup. Why is it so? Because the best football teams are from Europe. Exactly like in rallying. All the best rally teams and drivers are from Europe. Unfortunately European Championship doesn't benefit from this at all. I sometimes think that FIA wants to kill the ERC.

RS
8th February 2015, 16:32
Mind you, Eurosport are not exactly setting the world alight with the coverage of the ERC: here in the UK the highlights are on at 'stupid-o'clock' and they did what, 3, maybe 4 hours of Live coverage in all the 2014 season? Two events in to 2015, and still no Live. Have they announced any plans for some? No, just an extra 15 minute preview show from each event.

I don't call 10pm-ish stupid o'clock...

The coverage is still massively more than WRC2.

Perhaps we can transfer this discussion to the 'Was ending IRC a mistake' thread and keep this one for 2015 news?

Mirek
8th February 2015, 16:34

First of all Abbring went to WRC because every driver naturally wants to do so when he has a chance. It's natural and has nothing to do with FIA decisions. Meeke, Neuville, Mikkelsen and others did the same in the past.

Second Škoda doesn't go from ERC to WRC. They were present in SWRC/WRC2 in the past years as well (for example Hänninen or last year few starts of Lappi). I'm pretty sure they will continue in ERC but this year is special because their car will be ready quite late. If they see little chance to take the title due to the missed events it might make them to go only for few high profile events such as Ypres or Barum.

Barreis
8th February 2015, 18:27
Valais in...
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/117631

RS
9th February 2015, 00:43
Slowson reports in the Liepaja thread that Lukyanuk has a 9 event ERC programme. Some good news.

AndyRAC
9th February 2015, 10:51
Valais in...
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/117631

Should never have been left out to start with.....

Jarek Z
11th February 2015, 20:23
Currect ERC standings have been updated:
http://www.fiaerc.com/standings

RICARDO75
12th February 2015, 14:19
[QUOTE=Jarek Z;1039454]Currect ERC standings have been updated:
http://www.fiaerc.com/standings[/QUOT

Some errors on ERC3.
Mikhail Skripnikov doesn't get any points, but on that board he gets 3!?!
Wojciech Chuchała was the sixth fastest driver on leg 1, so he gets 2 points
Gino Bux was seventh fast driver on leg 2, so he gets 1 point
Reinis Nitišs was the sixth fastest driver on leg 2 and eighth overall on ERC 3, so he should get 6 points
Chris Igram got 1 min penalty at the end of leg 1, finishing in eihth position so, he doesn't get 2 extra points
Jon Armstrong and Mattias Adielsson also should have 1 point, 15 and 21 respectively.

For that reasons, JERC is also with errosrs

Mirek
13th February 2015, 09:47
Štajf today confirmed to go to CoI.

Jarek Z
13th February 2015, 12:30
Some errors on ERC3.
Mikhail Skripnikov doesn't get any points, but on that board he gets 3!?!
Wojciech Chuchała was the sixth fastest driver on leg 1, so he gets 2 points
Gino Bux was seventh fast driver on leg 2, so he gets 1 point
Reinis Nitišs was the sixth fastest driver on leg 2 and eighth overall on ERC 3, so he should get 6 points
Chris Igram got 1 min penalty at the end of leg 1, finishing in eihth position so, he doesn't get 2 extra points
Jon Armstrong and Mattias Adielsson also should have 1 point, 15 and 21 respectively.

For that reasons, JERC is also with errosrs

Apparently the points system is so complicated that nobody knows how to calculate the points, including the organizers ;)

Negaiss
19th February 2015, 14:14
In an article in Latvian web site - http://www.go4speed.lv/lv/news/erc/4260-lukjanuks-sanem-piedavajumu-no-m-sport-rupnicas-komandas/ - Chervonenko (Lukyanuks Co-driver) mentions: "We had an offer from M-sport. We will think about it".

tommeke_B
10th March 2015, 10:42
Irish brothers Sam Moffet and Josh Moffet will each drive a Fiesta RRC in Ypres this year, according to the facebook-page of the organizers. :)

Mirek
10th March 2015, 10:54
It looks like they may drive more events :)

PLuto
10th March 2015, 13:26
They are almost sure for Ireland, Acores and Ypres. Additional programme is possible too...

PLuto
12th March 2015, 14:22
Another newcomer is Vincent Verschueren - 2-3 ERC rounds possible, Ypres is sure

RICARDO75
17th March 2015, 19:38
New registered competitors

ERC
Alastair Fisher / Gordon Noble (GBR) Ford Fiesta R5
Josh Moffett / Karl Atkinson (IRL) Ford Fiesta RRC
Sam Moffett / John Rowan (IRL) Ford Fiesta RRC
Euan Thorburn / Paul Beaton (GBR) Ford Fiesta S2000
Vincent Verschueren / Veronique Hostens (BEL) Citroën DS3 R5

ERC J
Calvin Beattie / Darragh Mullen (IRL) Ford Fiesta R2
Kevin Eves / Chris Melly (IRL) Peugeot 208 R2
Kristóf Klausz / Balázs Kecskeméti (HUN) Peugeot 208 R2

Tom206wrc
21st March 2015, 21:50
Apparently spanish driver Antonio Suarez(ex-DMack Trophy in WRC with Fiesta R2)would enter Junior ERC in a 208 too(from Ireland next month) :confused:

mousti
23rd March 2015, 19:28
Valais is now finally officially confirmed that it replaces Corsica as final event of ERC 2015!

bluuford
26th March 2015, 12:15
If I am not mistaken the there is apossibility that we can see Juha Salo in Rally Estonia with his R5 car:
http://www.ralli.net/kaikkiuutiset/ralli/11739-juha-salo-rallin-sm-sarjaan-peugeot-208-t16-r5lla

Tom206wrc
26th March 2015, 12:43
Apparently spanish driver Antonio Suarez(ex-DMack Trophy in WRC with Fiesta R2)would enter Junior ERC in a 208 too(from Ireland next month) :confused:

Program change, Suarez will drive the french 208 Cup instead ;)

pantealex
26th March 2015, 14:19
If I am not mistaken the there is apossibility that we can see Juha Salo in Rally Estonia with his R5 car:
http://www.ralli.net/kaikkiuutiset/ralli/11739-juha-salo-rallin-sm-sarjaan-peugeot-208-t16-r5lla

It says that he will drive 100% sure ERC Estonia OR WRC Finland,
so it´s 50/50 ;)

bluuford
26th March 2015, 20:14
It says that he will drive 100% sure ERC Estonia OR WRC Finland,
so it´s 50/50 ;)
naah.. my Finnish is getting worse.. I studdied it 1.5 years at school.. 17 years ago :-P

Rallyper
27th March 2015, 00:26
Let´s hope NORF then...

PLuto
27th March 2015, 15:02
Let´s hope NORF then...

Lets hope Estonia then... :) But I think he will prefer to start in home event.

pantealex
27th March 2015, 17:25
It could be where Breen/Peugeot needs help,
Salo has no money, so it´s what Peugeot want him drive.

Jeppe
27th March 2015, 19:50
Lets hope Estonia then... :) But I think he will prefer to start in home event.

In deed he prefer more.. ..but really it´s all about money. Case is exactly what pantealex said but no one knows what Pug wants.. ;)

Hartusvuori
30th March 2015, 20:33
I talked with Salo on Saturday and asked about this. He said he is now leaning towards starting in Estonia and also mentioned his wishes of getting some support from the factory.

Mirek
8th April 2015, 09:12
Štajf wrote in the latest press release that he would go to all tarmac ERC events and maybe to some gravel ones as well but that depends on money.

PLuto
16th April 2015, 16:11
Bruno Magalhaes confirmed at least 4 starts in ERC this year - http://www.autosport.cz/clanek.php?cl=17142

Tom206wrc
16th April 2015, 17:36
Question about the Junior ERC: as it's an Opel driver who leads the championship, what would he win for 2016 if he stays in front during all the rounds and wins the title :confused:

If it was a Pug driver in the lead the question would have been easier to answer :mark:

Jarek Z
16th April 2015, 20:26
I don't know if it is an important piece of information for you, but Kajetan Kajetanowicz has recently become a new face of TAG Heuer. He is the first Polish ambassador ever of this famous Swiss brand.

Some photos:
http://chronos24.pl/wp/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/tag_heuer_kajetan_kajetanowicz_02.jpg
http://chronos24.pl/wp/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/tag_heuer_kajetan_kajetanowicz_01.jpg
http://chronos24.pl/wp/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/tag_heuer_kajetan_kajetanowicz_03.jpg
http://chronos24.pl/wp/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/tag_heuer_2015_bartlomiej_szumilas_kajetan_kajetan owicz.jpg

Just wanted to keep you up to date ;)

Jarek Z
18th May 2015, 22:51
Have you seen it? The official website of the ERC has been re-designed and features a webshop now. Some of those T-shirts don't look bad:
http://fiaerc-shop.com/

N.O.T
18th May 2015, 23:08
Have you seen it? The official website of the ERC has been re-designed and features a webshop now. Some of those T-shirts don't look bad:
http://fiaerc-shop.com/

they should be more subtle, at least the adult range.

Jarek Z
19th May 2015, 10:17
they should be more subtle, at least the adult range.

I agree with you. They are a little too flamboyant, but still not so bad.

mousti
19th May 2015, 20:47
ERC Registrations are not available anymore..

PLuto
20th May 2015, 03:59
ERC Registrations are not available anymore..

That is not true. It is only not-updated: http://www.fiaerc.com/regulations/

mousti
20th May 2015, 08:45
That is not true. It is only not-updated: http://www.fiaerc.com/regulations/

Yeah but it is not viewable too, when clicking on it, u get 'page not found' :)

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 5 met Tapatalk

Jarek Z
20th May 2015, 12:16
Yeah but it is not viewable too, when clicking on it, u get 'page not found' :)

Yes, this new website looks shitty and chaotic, the link to ERC registered drivers doesn't even work.
Here is the corrected link:
http://fiaerc.decanet.fr/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/265_fia_erc_2015_registered_competitors.pdf
but the last update was in March, so I'm not sure if the list is up to date.

mousti
22nd May 2015, 09:21
New registrations:

"Drivers who have most recently registered include Bruno Magalhăes (Peugeot 208 T16), Ricardo Moura (Ford Fiesta R5), José Pedro Fontes (Citroën DS3 R5), Carlos Martins (ŠKODA Fabia S2000) and Pedro Meireles (ŠKODA Fabia R5). Miguel Carvalho (Citroën C2R2 Max) and Paulo Neto and Henrique Moniz (Citroën DS3 R3Ts) have all registered for ERC3, while Luis Rego (Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX) has registered for ERC2.

There is also a new registration in ERC Junior, with the arrival of Emīls Blūms. The young Latvian, who turns 23 a week today (May 28), will drive a Ford Fiesta R2."

For Ypres they will probably break the mark of 100 registrations, some are entered already but probably will register soon like Casier. Otherwise the possibility to furfill his ambtions will be slim to none.

Jarek Z
22nd May 2015, 11:48
For Ypres they will probably break the mark of 100 registrations

If it continuous at this rate then in Valais we will have more than 200 entries. Are they heading for a Guiness World Record or what? :D

Vladik
11th June 2015, 20:11
According to Lukyanuk's website (https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=ru&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Falexeylukyanuk.com%2Findex.php%2F19 3-aleksej-lukyanyuk-vynuzhden-prekratit-vystupleniya-v-chempionate-evropy-po-ralli.html&edit-text=&act=url) his cooperation with Evgeny Chervonenko ended and his ERC programme is closed. Aleksey is trying to find budget to start with Evo X in Rally Estonia.

mousti
11th June 2015, 22:25
Damn...

WUff1
12th June 2015, 11:18
Not good :(

Jarek Z
28th June 2015, 22:04
During Kajto's absence Breen only managed to score 7 points. Will it be enough to beat Kajto at the end of the season? ;)

http://static.fiaerc.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/445174-800x533.jpg

WUff1
29th June 2015, 12:31
During Kajto's absence Breen only managed to score 7 points. Will it be enough to beat Kajto at the end of the season? ;)

I´d think so. Breen proved faster in all rallies where both participated, except for Jänner Rallye, which cannot really be counted in this comparision (heavy snow, big Pirelli advantage)

Mirek
1st July 2015, 15:52
According to a friend RACB stopped support of Bux and ended the JERC project. They will continue next year with another driver.

Co-driven
1st July 2015, 17:46
I think I saw a news about that in the official ERC website.

http://www.fiaerc.com/end-of-erc-junior-adventure-for-bux/

dupanton
1st July 2015, 22:40
Not such a big surprise if you read the expectations by RACB for this year... Expecting someone to fight for the jERC title in only his second year of rallying (did only 2 local events before becoming RACB driver after he won a shoot-out) was not really realistic I think.

PLuto
1st July 2015, 22:45
Not such a big surprise if you read the expectations by RACB for this year... Expecting someone to fight for the jERC title in only his second year of rallying (did only 2 local events before becoming RACB driver after he won a shoot-out) was not really realistic I think.

Especially when lot of his rivals are doing pre-event tests or another rallies...

Mirek
9th July 2015, 21:46
Surprise, surprise... Škoda made an official factory entry into ERC :eek:

http://www.fiaerc.com/skoda-motorsport-enters-the-2015-erc/

Don't know any reasons for that and I hope it's not only because of Barum.

RS
9th July 2015, 22:08
Surprise, surprise... Škoda made an official factory entry into ERC :eek:

http://www.fiaerc.com/skoda-motorsport-enters-the-2015-erc/

Don't know any reasons for that and I hope it's not only because of Barum.

I suspect it is just for Barum this year. They are rather busy already. They will get more tv coverage out of Barum alone than an entire WRC2 season.

mousti
9th July 2015, 22:43
Only one I hope the full squad will start..

PLuto
10th July 2015, 02:41
I am also afraid that this registration is only because of Barum. And for one car...

Mirek
25th July 2015, 13:03
Mr. Jírovec, owner of Václav Pech's Mini spoke about the future in an interview for Czech paper magazin Rally.

According to him Pech will drive Rally Cyprus as a farewell to Mini. Since next season the plan is to compete in FIA R-GT Cup with Porsche 997 GT3. In this moment he isn't sure if they are able to start in Monte Carlo as it is probably too early. Besides that he will do some Czech events also with the Porsche. The R-GT plan is set for four years.

Besides that Pech will drive Corolla WRC in Rally Legend.

nafpaktos
25th July 2015, 19:38
I see this as a downgrade,what do you think?of course he will compete with porsche in international level but the car is too slow compared to rrc which is a pure rally car.

Simmi
25th July 2015, 22:00
I guess a lot depends on the strength of the R-GT Cup going forwards. If the entry numbers begin to rise and we see name drivers competing then it could become a title worth winning, rather than a pleasant sideshow. I'm not sure if there are any additional entries planned for Germany beyond what we've already seen this year?

RS
26th July 2015, 11:14
According to him Pech will drive Rally Cyprus as a farewell to Mini.

Nice but a bit of a strange choice of event for Pech?

If he has international ambitions I would like to have seen him have a go at ERC, Kajto has shown it is possible for a privateer to be successful there.

Mirek
26th July 2015, 11:41
I see this as a downgrade,what do you think?of course he will compete with porsche in international level but the car is too slow compared to rrc which is a pure rally car.

It is expected that RRC cars will be banned next year at least on international level. Besides that they are enormously expensive and I think that for the same money which the whole RGT cup will cost he would not be able to do anything significant in ERC with 4WD.

John Williams
26th July 2015, 13:52
I have heard from a very reliable source that Porsche themselves are getting very interested in the RGT Cup. Expect to see some manufacturer supported entries very soon.

Simmi
26th July 2015, 14:07
I have heard from a very reliable source that Porsche themselves are getting very interested in the RGT Cup. Expect to see some manufacturer supported entries very soon.

That sounds very promising. I'm sure Romain Dumas has been acting as a great cheerleader for RGT to his employers.

What is really needs is another car for them to battle against on a regular basis.

stefanvv
26th July 2015, 14:23

May be they'll do something with the German Porsche rally drivers?!?

Mirek
26th July 2015, 16:11

Cayman GT4 could be theoretically the ideal car to choose.

AndyRAC
26th July 2015, 17:33
That sounds very promising. I'm sure Romain Dumas has been acting as a great cheerleader for RGT to his employers.

What is really needs is another car for them to battle against on a regular basis.

I too wonder whether Romain has been 'selling the idea' to them. A bit like Vic Elford back in the 60's persuading the top brass to use the 911 in Motorsport.
Saying that, there was a Total Rally interview with Richard Tuthill, and he hinted that they (Porsche) might be just looking at the progress of the R-GT Cup. Obviously their focus would remain on the WEC and GTE/3 programmes, but watch this space.

But, as you say, we need another car in the category.

WUff1
26th July 2015, 19:32
My respect to Pech - he achieved anything he could in Czech Republic, being multiple champion and winning Barum

On the contrary in Austria Baumschlager will continue in the foreseeable future in Austrian championship, he said in a recent interview.

Fiat-131-Abarth
26th July 2015, 22:05
My respect to Pech - he achieved anything he could in Czech Republic, being multiple champion and winning Barum

On the contrary in Austria Baumschlager will continue in the foreseeable future in Austrian championship, he said in a recent interview.

I think Baumschlager would like to do some events abroad, but his sponsors want that he drives ORM.

PLuto
27th July 2015, 00:38
It is expected that RRC cars will be banned next year at least on international level. Besides that they are enormously expensive and I think that for the same money which the whole RGT cup will cost he would not be able to do anything significant in ERC with 4WD.

RRC cars will be banned in ERC, but maybe not in WRC2...

PLuto
27th July 2015, 00:40
I think Baumschlager would like to do some events abroad, but his sponsors want that he drives ORM.

That is not true. He had offers to do some events abroad...

N.O.T
27th July 2015, 00:42

why they would do that ?? they are the only manufacturer in the series... why spend money to beat the already winning private run Porsches ??

Andre Oliveira
27th July 2015, 14:08
Trying beat WRC2 cars maybe

dimviii
27th July 2015, 15:32
impossible

Mirek
27th July 2015, 16:36
I forgot one thing. According to Jírovec there are negotiation to run Wales Rally GB as part of the R-GT cup next year.

Jarek Z
27th July 2015, 17:08
I forgot one thing. According to Jírovec there are negotiation to run Wales Rally GB as part of the R-GT cup next year.

How good are Porsches in the mud?

mousti
27th July 2015, 17:30
Not an easy task :p

Simmi
27th July 2015, 17:33

We never got to find out last year due to the Tuthill homologation issue. And the Porsche in Finland last year never got very far. Hopefully they can run a test case this year to see how the car goes.

dimviii
27th July 2015, 17:48

maybe slower from ds3 r3/208 r2

Andre Oliveira
27th July 2015, 18:45
Delecour behind Giordano DS3 R3T at Monte Carlo this year :)

stefanvv
27th July 2015, 20:11

Tuthill's are not so bad

tommeke_B
27th July 2015, 20:17

Tuthill had one in Wales last year... Remember, the one that didn't make it through the scrutineering because the suspension lay-out wasn't according to homologations.

Mirek
27th July 2015, 20:25
Tuthill's are not so bad

As Tommeke said the car was not in accordance with FIA rules.

stefanvv
27th July 2015, 20:57
As Tommeke said the car was not in accordance with FIA rules.

I think this year they have some changes, but I'm not sure it applies for gravel as well

Ounin
28th July 2015, 08:59

Don't think that's relevant and how fast they will be in comparison to the rest ... Probably FIA is considering a gravel round for the R-GT cup for next year, Wales is part of the investigation.

Hope the Mustang GT car will be ready soon.

Mirek
6th August 2015, 20:34
http://rajdy.autoklub.pl/news/rajd-rzeszowski-kandydatem-do-erc,62743

Polish Rajd Rzeszowski (to be run tomorrow) is trying to host an ERC event in 2016.

dodge33cymru
8th August 2015, 20:00
As good as each other.

dodge33cymru
8th August 2015, 20:02
Completely random question, but no harm in asking:

Does anyone know what top end entries for Valais will be like? I'm sorting a trip for this year, but worry that lots of entries will go to Corsica or Catalunya instead or won't have budgeted for it due to it originally being omitted from the calendar.

PLuto
10th August 2015, 05:09
Completely random question, but no harm in asking:

Does anyone know what top end entries for Valais will be like? I'm sorting a trip for this year, but worry that lots of entries will go to Corsica or Catalunya instead or won't have budgeted for it due to it originally being omitted from the calendar.

I think that entry list on Valais will not be bad ;)

Mirek
14th August 2015, 11:00
Václav Pech was in France to test Porsche of Romain Dumas.

https://www.facebook.com/ewrccz

Fast Eddie WRC
19th August 2015, 17:50
Kajto test for Barum:

https://youtu.be/-R79aSKbuHM

Estrally
26th August 2015, 17:00
Heard that this young guy will start JERC next year. https://www.facebook.com/RolandPoomrt
Also i saw that he is making cool promotion video, driving in the city. He told me that it will be available for fans this week!

Jarek Z
31st August 2015, 22:22
The ERC stangings have just been updated after Barum and the overal results look great :)
http://www.fiaerc.com/standings/

CivEngine
31st August 2015, 23:43
Breen should start to plan how he will try to overcome all this mess. The last rallyes have been difficult for him and all of a sudden he is behind Kajto. The last three events are great for both drivers so we will see... I'll put my money on Kajto

PLuto
1st September 2015, 23:48
Craig is really down now, it will be very difficult for him...

Rally Power
2nd September 2015, 01:21
He should use Ucci car for the final ERC rounds...Racing Lions is proving to be a step ahead of Saintéloc!

RS
2nd September 2015, 10:31
I saw more of the Fabia R5 in the Barum preview programme that I did the whole WRC2 season so far. Just saying...

sindroms
7th September 2015, 12:29
Lukyanuk will be in Cyprus.
Thanks to RPM team and in cooperation with Eurosport and Cyprus rally organizers.

Andre Oliveira
7th September 2015, 13:05
Great news :)

Jarek Z
9th September 2015, 10:20
According to the interview on Eurosport Kajto has budget for two more rallies this year. Most probably those rallies will be Cyprus and Acropolis:
http://eurosport.onet.pl/motorowe/rajdy-samochodowe/kajetan-kajetanowicz-zmierza-po-mistrzostwo-europy-pozniej-wrc/07c7d3

Jarek Z
9th September 2015, 11:11
An interesting fragment from the interview. Kajto compares ERC with WRC2:

ERC is a championship that developed me enormously as a driver. All the rounds are very diversified and not easier than in the WRC at all. You can see it on the example of Jan Kopecky. In Rallye Deutschland he knocked out all the competition in WRC2, but on his home ground - in Barum Rally - it wasn't so easy for him.

I checked out the results of both rallies and Kajto seems to be right.

Rallye Deutschland - WRC2 results:
1. Kopecký Jan - Dresler Pavel Škoda Fabia R5 3:47:18.8
2. Camilli Eric - Veillas Benjamin Ford Fiesta R5 +4:13.8 !!!
3. Giordano Quentin - Sarreaud Valentin Citroën DS3 RRC +6:14.7 !!!
(...)
10. Maurin Julien - Klinger Nicolas Ford Fiesta RRC +28:21.0 !!!
full results:
http://www.ewrc-results.com/final.php?e=19127&s=&sct=222&t=ADAC-Rallye-Deutschland-2015

Barum Rally results:
1. Kopecký Jan - Dresler Pavel icon Škoda Fabia R5 2:12:17.7
2. Pech jun. Václav - Uhel Petr Mini Cooper S2000 1.6T +27.3
3. Kajetanowicz Kajetan - Baran Jarosław Ford Fiesta R5 +39.9
(...)
10. Jelínek Jan - Machů Petr Škoda Fabia S2000 +6:41.0
full results:
http://www.ewrc-results.com/final.php?e=20143&t=Barum-Czech-Rally-Zlin-2015

There is 4 minutes of difference between the first and the second-placed driver on Rallye Deutschland.
The driver from the 10th position on Barum Rally would be 3rd in Rallye Deutschland ;)
The driver from the 10th position on Rallye Deutschland would be in 49th position on Barum Rally ;)

What a level of competition! :)

dodge33cymru
9th September 2015, 11:15
Will be a pity not to see Kajto in Valais, maybe he'll be able to find the budget if the title is still open by then?

Jarek Z
9th September 2015, 11:27
Will be a pity not to see Kajto in Valais, maybe he'll be able to find the budget if the title is still open by then?

Yes, he said, that if the title is still open he will negotiate with his sponsors to add Valais to his program.

Simmi
9th September 2015, 12:06
There is 4 minutes of difference between the first and the second-placed driver on Rallye Deutschland.
The driver from the 10th position on Barum Rally would be 3rd in Rallye Deutschland ;)
The driver from the 10th position on Rallye Deutschland would be in 49th position on Barum Rally ;)

What a level of competition! :)

I get what you're trying to say but you've massively over-simplified the situation.

The level of WRC2 is not very high. I don't think anyone is denying that. After the top talents there is a real drop-off in ability - but at least you have a decent championship battle across the course of a season. Albeit a battle that no one can see unless you're actually on the stages.

The ERC can give you a bigger fight on some individual rallies and obviously you are competing for the overall win. ERC benefits from lots of local talent in places like Estonia, Barum, Ireland etc. But let's not kid ourselves - move these drivers out of their home specialized rallies and and for the most part they would nowhere.

Just look at the championship tables and of both and then talk about level of competition.

N.O.T
9th September 2015, 12:23
An interesting fragment from the interview. Kajto compares ERC with WRC2:

[i]ERC is a championship that developed me enormously as a driver. All the rounds are very diversified and not easier than in the WRC at all. You can see it on the example of Jan Kopecky. In Rallye Deutschland he knocked out all the competition in WRC2, but on his home ground - in Barum Rally - it wasn't so easy for him.

The fact that Kopecky had competition with local knowledge in Barum is irrelevant according to Mr Kajto i guess... small dog mentality fitting for the championship he is in and leads.

Jarek Z
9th September 2015, 12:55
The fact that Kopecky had competition with local knowledge in Barum is irrelevant according to Mr Kajto i guess...

It's not Kajto's fault that there are no drivers wih local knowledge in the WRC. Isn't it FIA that discourages them from competing in their home ralles?

Jarek Z
9th September 2015, 12:58
I get what you're trying to say but you've massively over-simplified the situation.

Yes, of course, I over-simplified the situation. Don't take it seriously - I made it for fun :)
But still, there is some truth in that what Kajto says.

N.O.T
9th September 2015, 13:02
It's not Kajto's fault that there are no drivers wih local knowledge in the WRC. Isn't it FIA that discourages them from competing in their home ralles?

no, but then he should not have used a rally where no locals took part with a rally where local knowledge is almost everything. And if he doesn't have the brains to do proper comparisons then he should just shut up.

Jarek Z
9th September 2015, 13:32
no, but then he should not have used a rally where no locals took part with a rally where local knowledge is almost everything.

I know what you mean, but there are no local drivers in WRC2. When you compare WRC2 with ERC, you will always end up with such results.

vino_93
9th September 2015, 13:53
There was Kreim (Skoda Deutschland) in WRC2 Germany. But we can't say that german rallying is high-levelled.

WUff1
9th September 2015, 14:55
There was Kreim (Skoda Deutschland) in WRC2 Germany. But we can't say that german rallying is high-levelled.

Kreim still isn´t European top, he´s very young and inexperienced.

Jarek Z
9th September 2015, 15:32
Kreim still isn´t European top, he´s very young and inexperienced.

So what could Kopecky do? He simply knocked him out! ;)
(+ 16 minutes on the finish line)

Mirek
9th September 2015, 15:46
So what could Kopecky do? He simply knocked him out! ;)
(+ 16 minutes on the finish line)

That's not totally fair to Kreim either. He retired in one leg (I don't remember why) and changed tyre on both runs of Panzerplatte. I don't think You can judge from one rally against another rally. You can pick Sardegna and say that Kopecký is slower than Al-Attiyah. You can do a lot of thing if You want to push Your agenda. Only direct fights gives You the right answer.

liposh
9th September 2015, 19:04
Anyway it is sad and funny same time, Kopecky is one level faster than in 2007, in top shape, he is consistent on gravel and TOP on tarmac and he can win nearly every championship in the world except WRC (damned Ogier :D) but he has to wait what Skoda allow him to do...but anyway being European and Asian-Pacific champion he is already half-world champion :D

RS
10th September 2015, 11:12

The level of WRC2 is not very high. I don't think anyone is denying that. After the top talents there is a real drop-off in ability - but at least you have a decent championship battle across the course of a season. Albeit a battle that no one can see unless you're actually on the stages.

The ERC can give you a bigger fight on some individual rallies and obviously you are competing for the overall win. ERC benefits from lots of local talent in places like Estonia, Barum, Ireland etc. But let's not kid ourselves - move these drivers out of their home specialized rallies and and for the most part they would nowhere.

Just look at the championship tables and of both and then talk about level of competition.

The way I see it, the level of competition on individual rallies is (mostly) higher in ERC than in WRC2, as has been the way for a number of years also comparing IRC to SWRC. For a developing driver being in tight competition is really important. I'm not really sure the championship battle for WRC2 is really better than ERC this year, it's down to two guys in each really and in WRC2 one of them missed the first four rounds.

Of course WRC2 is good for learning the events for the future. I think the approach that Lappi has been through is a good one - winning ERC and then moving on to WRC2 to learn the rallies before progressing to WRC.

BTW, the driver with the most points per event started in WRC2 is.... Jan Kopecky.

liposh
10th September 2015, 12:37
According to facebook of Pontus Tidemand, he already started tests before Tour de Corse. ...so the question is: "Do you think there will be 3 factory Skodas at Corse?" Kopecky totally deserves to be there.

Mirek
10th September 2015, 12:39
No, there will be only two.

liposh
10th September 2015, 12:52
Hmm, interesting, start of Kopecky at Corse and Catalunya and start of Tidemand in Wales would make sense (in a way of pure business) Moreover I thought Skoda promised Kopecky start at Corse as reward after succesful Barum rally. Nobody said that out loud, but it was in the air. I am confused, my bad :)

sete
10th September 2015, 13:49
I am thinking Kopecky must have start on Rally Sumava II,which collide with Tour de Corse, due to his Czech champ. priorities.

Mirek
10th September 2015, 14:15
Kopecký is already the champion and afaik he won't start in Klatovy.

pantealex
10th September 2015, 14:50
Lappi can only do 2 more WRC2 rallies and there is 3 left...
so in my mind he should do Catalonia and Wales.
That means Kopecky and Tidemand in Corsica

Mirek
10th September 2015, 14:56
There will be Lappi and Tidemand on Corsica.

pantealex
10th September 2015, 15:12
There will be Lappi and Tidemand on Corsica.

Lappi for WRC2 points ?

RS
10th September 2015, 15:54
Hmm, interesting, start of Kopecky at Corse and Catalunya and start of Tidemand in Wales would make sense (in a way of pure business) Moreover I thought Skoda promised Kopecky start at Corse as reward after succesful Barum rally. Nobody said that out loud, but it was in the air. I am confused, my bad :)

Maybe he will do Valais?

Remember Tidemand needs to learn asphalt too, not much of that in APRC.

BTW is Catalunya still half/half asphalt/gravel? That could be an interesting challenge for Kopecky.

Mirek
10th September 2015, 20:41
I don't think there will be any Škoda works car in Valais.

liposh
10th September 2015, 21:24
I agree with Mirek. Tarabus with Kresta´s private Fabia R5 in Valais seems possible for me (sounds quite logical, right?) ...and in such case it is enough of presentation for Skoda auto. :)

Mirek
10th September 2015, 22:03
I don't think they are interested in any other presentation in ERC than victory.

Simmi
10th September 2015, 22:06
EDIT: wrong thread

WUff1
11th September 2015, 19:09
OK, this would belong to the 2016 thread, but are there any news about a possible replacement for Jänner Rally, or will season finally start at Liepaja?

Mirek
11th September 2015, 19:26
The replacement of Jänner will be most likely an asphalt event on European mainland. There are negotiations with some events, I remember Mecsek from Hungary and Rajd Rzeszowski from Poland as candidates but I guess there are more. I would personally prefer Rzeszow out of these two simply because of nicer stages.

pucky54
11th September 2015, 19:37
OK, this would belong to the 2016 thread, but are there any news about a possible replacement for Jänner Rally, or will season finally start at Liepaja?

The season will start with Rally Liepaja and there will be no additional winter event!

Jarek Z
11th September 2015, 21:00
I don't think they are interested in any other presentation in ERC than victory.

Yes, and with Tarabus there is no chance.

PLuto
12th September 2015, 01:15
Yes, he said, that if the title is still open he will negotiate with his sponsors to add Valais to his program.

Kajto was not planning to do Estonia, but as Acropolis was supposed to be cancelled, he decided to start in Estonia. But then situation has changed...

PLuto
12th September 2015, 01:19

Skoda didnt promised to Kopecky his start at Corse. From beginning it was chosen that Tidemand will start there. It was only wish of Jan to start in Corse which he knows very well from previous starts...

vino_93
12th September 2015, 18:57
The replacement of Jänner will be most likely an asphalt event on European mainland. There are negotiations with some events, I remember Mecsek from Hungary and Rajd Rzeszowski from Poland as candidates but I guess there are more. I would personally prefer Rzeszow out of these two simply because of nicer stages.

Do you know if Limousin has candidated ? They stopped french tarmac championship to get something bigger. So they can only attract ERC ...

Mirek
13th September 2015, 13:46
I don't know, sorry.

Jarek Z
2nd November 2015, 23:00
Guys, this is Kajto driving Fiat 126P in one of his first motorsport events ever:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4gA0Esz_jg

and this is Kajto 15 years later:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3gtRd66e5k

Do you see any similarities? :)

Andre Oliveira
3rd November 2015, 01:52
Eheheh very similar :)

Rally Power
11th November 2015, 23:26
Just recently took notice of the extensive ewrc-results.com data on rally cars and drivers (amazing work from all those ewrc guys!).

These particular data suprise me: Kajto used 5 different R5 Fiesta's on his 8 2015 ERC rallys; 4 of them were brand new, the other was almost new (with only 1 WRC2 previous event). Breen used 3 208T16 units on his 9 2015 ERC rallys; 2 were almost new (1 WRC2 event and 1 '14 ERC rally each) the other was a used one (with a full '14ERC season).
http://www.ewrc-results.com/profile.php?p=4113
http://www.ewrc-results.com/profile.php?p=5636

Of course it was Kajto amazing driving, with a perfect balance between speed and consistency, that made the main difference, but these material availability helps to understand the Fiesta superior reliability and how, sometimes, factory teams are only factory teams...on name.

Andre Oliveira
12th November 2015, 00:38
Firstly, thanks in name of all eWRC-results.com team :)

Second, Fiesta R5 is reliable and fast when good driven as in this case. 2016 will be good, cause with new evo2 kit, the performance will boost.

WUff1
12th November 2015, 12:34
Just recently took notice of the extensive ewrc-results.com data on rally cars and drivers (amazing work from all those ewrc guys!).

These particular data suprise me: Kajto used 5 different R5 Fiesta's on his 8 2015 ERC rallys; 4 of them were brand new, the other was almost new (with only 1 WRC2 previous event). Breen used 3 208T16 units on his 9 2015 ERC rallys; 2 were almost new (1 WRC2 event and 1 '14 ERC rally each) the other was a used one (with a full '14ERC season).
http://www.ewrc-results.com/profile.php?p=4113
http://www.ewrc-results.com/profile.php?p=5636

Of course it was Kajto amazing driving, with a perfect balance between speed and consistency, that made the main difference, but these material availability helps to understand the Fiesta superior reliability and how, sometimes, factory teams are only factory teams...on name.

With the help of his backing by M Sport (Poland), of course it´s also good for them a Fiesta R5 winning an international title.

Jarek Z
28th November 2015, 01:07
Guys, have you already voted for FIA Action of The Year 2015? :)
http://www.fiaerc.com/lukyanuks-erc-estonia-win-dominated-for-fia-action-of-the-year/

Reis Eduardo
28th November 2015, 20:51
http://www.fiaerc.com/tlustak-considers-r5-options-for-2016-erc/
Tluslak wiht Fiesta or Skoda in 2016?

vino_93
29th November 2015, 13:23
Jordan Berfa won the Junior title in French Volant 208. So he will do the JERC program :)

liposh
29th November 2015, 13:45
http://www.fiaerc.com/tlustak-considers-r5-options-for-2016-erc/
Tluslak wiht Fiesta or Skoda in 2016?

It is very easy. he wants to continue in ERC. Skoda Fabia S2000 is "old" so he wants new tool. He wants Skoda again but Skoda motorsport has long wait list (and most probably he is not VIP and fast enough for them to make him some favour) so maybe he will be obliged to buy Fiesta R5. It depends on that jokers that would be revealed in January. Because current Fabia is faster than current Fiesta (no surprise)

manthey
29th November 2015, 17:06
Jordan Berfa won the Junior title in French Volant 208. So he will do the JERC program :)

how old is he? class 1995?

Jarek Z
29th November 2015, 20:59
It is very easy. he wants to continue in ERC. Skoda Fabia S2000 is "old" so he wants new tool.

So he has already used 100% of the potential of Skoda Fabia S2000? It must be this "old car" that stops him from winning rallies...

Fly
30th November 2015, 12:05
how old is he? class 1995?

Yes, 20 years old! Lopes was probably faster but Berfa looks promising.
Too early to judge. We'll discuss it in 6 months. ;)

vino_93
1st December 2015, 12:00
Yes, 20 years old! Lopes was probably faster but Berfa looks promising.
Too early to judge. We'll discuss it in 6 months. ;)

I don't think he is so fast. Only two overall podiums in this year Cup. But who knows ...
It will depend too of who he will face.

Rally Power
5th December 2015, 17:38
ERC 2015 season clip

www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpcufZ_njqU

Jarek Z
7th December 2015, 11:51
Hello friends, today I'm going to tell you something about the popularity of rallying. In the year when Kajto won European Championship, as only the third Polish driver in history, he isn't even nominated for the "Sportsman of the Year" contest.

The list of nominated sportsmen:
Bartłomiej BONK (weight-lifting)
Paweł FAJDEK (light athletics)
Andrzej FONFARA (boxing)
Magdalena FULARCZYK-KOZŁOWSKA, Natalia MADAJ (rowing)
Krzysztof GŁOWACKI (boxing)
Joanna JĘDRZEJCZYK (MMA)
Michał JURECKI (handball)
Radosław KAWĘCKI (swimming)
Justyna KOWALCZYK i Sylwia JAŚKOWIEC (skiing)
Adam KSZCZOT (light athletics)
Michał KUBIAK (volleyball)
Robert LEWANDOWSKI (football)
Rafał MAJKA (cycling)
Piotr MAŁACHOWSKI (light athletics)
Weronika NOWAKOWSKA (biathlon)
Agnieszka RADWAŃSKA (tennis)
Rafał SONIK (rallying (Dakar on quads))
Kamil STOCH (ski jumping)
Marta WALCZYKIEWICZ (canoeing)
Anita WŁODARCZYK (light athletics)

Do you prefer rowing or weight-lifting?

Details (in Polish):
http://sport.tvp.pl/22790415/rusza-plebiscyt-ps-i-tvp-na-10-najlepszych-sportowcow-polski

This is sad...

Jarek Z
7th December 2015, 12:06
Look how the popularity of rallying has decreased in the recent years. Here are some winners of this contest from the past:

1967 Sobiesław ZASADA (European Rally Champion)
2008 Robert KUBICA (Formula 1 driver)

And in 2015 Kajto isn't even among the nominated sportsmen...

liposh
7th December 2015, 12:06
And now Jarek, I will give you very honest feedback. (Please take note I am Your neighbour and not any kind of stranger from South America) From those names I know only Kowalczyk, Lewandowski,Majka, Radwanska and Stoch. Plus heard once names Sonik, Malachowski, Wlodarczyk.

Jarek Z
7th December 2015, 12:41
And now Jarek, I will give you very honest feedback. (Please take note I am Your neighbour and not any kind of stranger from South America) From those names I know only Kowalczyk, Lewandowski,Majka, Radwanska and Stoch. Plus heard once names Sonik, Malachowski, Wlodarczyk.

Thanks for your feedback, liposh. Even for me there are some unknown names on this list, as for example:
Magdalena FULARCZYK-KOZŁOWSKA (rowing)
Natalia MADAJ (rowing)

I don't get it...

AndyRAC
7th December 2015, 13:05
Who won it last year? Michal Kwiatkowski….?? World Road Race champion….

Jarek Z
7th December 2015, 13:51
Who won it last year? Michal Kwiatkowski….?? World Road Race champion….

No, last year it was won by Kamil Stoch, a ski jumper. Kwiatkowski was third:
http://sport.tvp.pl/18390821/plebiscyt-ps-i-tvp-2014-oto-szczegolowe-wyniki

Rally Power
12th December 2015, 19:41
Hello friends, today I'm going to tell you something about the popularity of rallying. In the year when Kajto won European Championship, as only the third Polish driver in history, he isn't even nominated for the "Sportsman of the Year" contest.

A real shame, as Kajto represents the true sportsman spirit: his rallying joy it's contagious and makes all rally fans happy!

Btw, Portuguese media global picture it's even worse than the Polish...here they just got attention for foot, politics and jetset socialites! (I even believe there's no sportsman of the year contest at all!).

Wim_Impreza
13th December 2015, 11:24

The list of nominated sportsmen:
Bartłomiej BONK (weight-lifting)
Paweł FAJDEK (light athletics)
Andrzej FONFARA (boxing)
Magdalena FULARCZYK-KOZŁOWSKA, Natalia MADAJ (rowing)
Krzysztof GŁOWACKI (boxing)
Joanna JĘDRZEJCZYK (MMA)
Michał JURECKI (handball)
Justyna KOWALCZYK i Sylwia JAŚKOWIEC (skiing)
Adam KSZCZOT (light athletics)
Michał KUBIAK (volleyball)
Robert LEWANDOWSKI (football)
Rafał MAJKA (cycling)
Piotr MAŁACHOWSKI (light athletics)
Agnieszka RADWAŃSKA (tennis)
Rafał SONIK (rallying (Dakar on quads))
Kamil STOCH (ski jumping)
Anita WŁODARCZYK (light athletics)

Do you prefer rowing or weight-lifting?

Details (in Polish):
http://sport.tvp.pl/22790415/rusza-plebiscyt-ps-i-tvp-na-10-najlepszych-sportowcow-polski

This is sad...

Strange to see that Rafał Sonik is nominated in a quite small sport as rallyraid and no Kajetanowicz. Maybe they can choose only one people of motorsports? Of course I prefer Kajetanowicz above Sonik too.

When I see that Rafał Majka (cycling) and Adam Kszczot (athletics) were last year only 7th and 12th when they had a really good year, I would say that this contest 'Sportmen of the Year' is a joke, just as it is in Belgium.

As example, Kirsten Flipkens (tennis) won the 'Sportwomen of the Year' in Belgium in 2013 when she did one good event... She is nowhere in the world ranking.

Jarek Z
13th December 2015, 18:32
Btw, Portuguese media global picture it's even worse than the Polish...here they just got attention for foot, politics and jetset socialites!

You mean food? Polish TV is full of food programs as well. But what's a jetset sociality?

Jarek Z
13th December 2015, 18:34
Hey guys, have a look at that, here is Felix's commentary about the nominated sportsmen and lack of nomination for Kajto. Felix is a rally driver, not very famous, but quite good. It's quite funny :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7-GIcaNEcs

Rally Power
13th December 2015, 21:07
You mean food? Polish TV is full of food programs as well?

That's a good one Jarek! :)
(In the remote chance you weren't joking, foot = football and jet set or socialite figures all those persons that somehow got famous and addicted on media exposure)

Now seriously: I hope Kajto get into WRC2. It'll be refreshing for WRC to have a talented guy that it's always cheerful about rallying. A real switch for all the seriousness that become predominant after the arrival of the french champs...

Jarek Z
17th December 2015, 12:34
That's a good one Jarek! :)
(In the remote chance you weren't joking, foot = football and jet set or socialite figures all those persons that somehow got famous and addicted on media exposure)

I really wasn't joking! I have never seen anybody calling football "foot" :) I was sure you meant food :) And I have never heard about jet set socialites. I think we call them celebrities here.

And on a more serious note, would you like to buy a signed calendar with Kajto? Be quick, it's a limited edition, 100 pieces only! :)
http://www.gadzetyrajdowe.pl/product-pol-10715-Kalendarz-rajdowy-Kajetan-Kajetanowicz-ERC-Champion-2016.html

Mirek
27th December 2015, 16:55
Don't know where to put it... There are some ERC onboards on Mediasport (besides Barum which was already posted) from Tarabus, Jakeš or Tlusťák if somebody is interested

Jakeš Valais: http://www.mediasport.cz/rally/onboardy/8422.html http://www.mediasport.cz/rally/onboardy/8414.html
Tarabus Acropolis: http://www.mediasport.cz/rally/onboardy/8420.html
Tarabus Cyprus: http://www.mediasport.cz/rally/onboardy/8416.html
Tlusťák Cyprus: http://www.mediasport.cz/rally/onboardy/8418.html