PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Monaco GP Thread

steveaki13
20th May 2014, 00:01
So its time for the glamour date in the F1 calender once again. Monte Carlo.

I have to be honest, although many dont enjoy the sometimes processional racing at Monaco, it has always been one of my favorite races. That said last seasons first 40 laps were some of the dullest in 20 + years that I remember. It came alive later in that race.

Generally though I love Monaco and this season with the cars appearing more unsettled and harder to drive, it could be a fun year.

Drivers Championship after 5 Rounds

Lewis Hamilton
Mercedes

Nico Rosberg
Mercedes

Fernando Alonso
Ferrari

Sebastian Vettel
Red Bull

Daniel Ricciardo
Red Bull

Nico Hulkenberg
Force India

Valterri Bottas
Williams

Jenson Button
Mclaren

Kevin Magnussen
Mclaren

Sergio Perez
Force India

Kimi Raikkonen
Ferrari

Felipe Massa
Williams

Romain Grosjean
Lotus

Jean Eric Vergne
Toro Rosso

Dani Kyvat
Toro Rosso

Adrian Sutil
Sauber

Esteban Gutierrez
Sauber

Max Chilton
Marussia

Kamui Kobayashi
Caterham

Pastor Maldonado
Lotus

Jules Bianchi
Marussia

Marcus Ericcson
Caterham

It strikes me looking at the Championship that Alonso has done amazingly well considering I remember at least 2 races seeing Ferrari being awful. Also I notice Bianchi is having a bad season compared to Chilton. Unlike last season.

Constructors Championship after 5 Rounds

Mercedes

Red Bull

Ferrari

Force India

Williams

Mclaren

Toro Rosso

Lotus

Sauber

Marussia

Caterham

2014 Monaco GP, Monte Carlo

22nd - 25th May

78 Laps

Times are Local and (UK times). (Sorry about that :vampire: )
FP1: 22nd May -10:00am -11:30am - (9:00am-10:30am)
FP2: 22nd May -14:00pm - 15:30pm - (13:00pm-14:30pm)

FP3: 24th May - 11:00am - 12:00pm - (10:00am-11:00am)
Quali:24th May - 14:00pm- (13:00pm)

Race: 25th May - 14:00pm - (13:00pm)

Previous Winners - Since 1990
1990- Senna
1991- Senna
1992- Senna
1993- Senna
1994- M. Schumacher
1995- M. Schumacher
1996- Panis
1997- M. Schumacher
1998- Hakkinen
1999- M. Schumacher
2000- Coulthard
2001- M. Schumacher
2002- Coulthard
2003- Montoya
2004- Trulli
2005- Raikkonen
2006- Alonso
2007- Alonso
2008- Hamilton
2009- Button
2010- Webber
2011- Vettel
2012- Webber
2013- Nico Rosberg

Most Wins (Multiple Winners)
Ayrton Senna - 6 wins
Michael Schumaher - 5 wins
Graham Hill - 5 wins
Alain Prost 4 wins
Stirling Moss - 3 wins
Jackie Stewart - 3 wins
Fangio - 2 wins
Trintignant -2 wins
Niki Lauda - 2 wins
Coulthard - 2 wins
Mark Webber - 2 wins
Fernando Alonso - 2 wins
Jody Scheckter - 2 wins

* So no one of the currant class is likely to challenge Senna's amazing 6 wins, but Alonso could claim his 3rd win potentially to move into the real legend status around Monaco.

Multiple Constructors Wins Including pre F1.
Mclaren - 15 wins
Ferrari - 9 wins
Lotus - 7 wins
BRM - 5 wins
Bugatti - 4 wins
Mercedes - 3 wins
Alfa Romeo -3 wins
Maserati - 3 wins
Cooper - 3 wins
Tyrell - 3 wins
Williams - 3 wins
Red Bull - 3 wins
Brabham - 2 wins
Benetton - 2 wins
Renault - 2 wins

* Wow Mclaren have had some success here, can Ferrari clam that 10th win.

I am aware some of these stats are wayward but its only an idea.

So there we go its time to discuss another likely Mercedes victory.

Hope you enjoyed the stats and enjoy the race. :)

AndyL
20th May 2014, 12:18
Yes no doubt a Mercedes will be first across the finish line - most likely an AMG SLS, given how unforgiving some of these 2014 cars appear :)

rjbetty
20th May 2014, 14:09
Nope. We won't see more than 5 retirements maybe...

TheFamousEccles
20th May 2014, 14:10
I'm liking the tidy formatting of the stats that you've used for this and the previous grands prix, steveaki13. I am going to go out on a limb and hedge my bets - either Alonzo or Ricciardo for the win! This statement comes with many proviso's not the least of which is all things being equal, the silver arrows will be hard to beat.

AndyL
20th May 2014, 15:01
Nope. We won't see more than 5 retirements maybe...

That could still mean 5 safety car periods :)

Seriously though I'd bet on a few more than that, maybe 6-8. There have been at least 2 reliability retirements in every race this year, and usually at least 3 people crash in Monaco. With a cars prone to power oversteer and unstable braking, more than 3 accidents seems likely I think.

Warriwa
21st May 2014, 03:37
I think that with the extra torque this year we will see more cars than usual in the wall. I am really looking forward to this race.

Tazio
21st May 2014, 03:56
:dork:

Tazio
21st May 2014, 03:59
Pictures of preparations on Tuesday:

http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/bilder/fotos-gp-monaco-2014-das-logistik-wunder-von-monaco-8375799.html

Doc Austin
21st May 2014, 04:50
.......... and usually at least 3 people crash in Monaco.

Well, Derek Daly won't be taking the start this year. That will save five or six cars on the start alone.

andyone
22nd May 2014, 07:25
well looking at the history. true that Alonso will be somewhere up there. but the speed of the Merc's and there drivers. we might see another lockup upfront.well as it is. im a happy man heading to Monaco. this is a year of no mosery for Hamiltons Fans. now we see how good this dude is when he has a perfect Car.

Good Luck to Hamilton lets see the P1

Mia 01
22nd May 2014, 08:04
Have to see FP 1, 2 & 3 before I make a bold prediction. But so much can I say that the front row not will be locked up by two MB drivers,

steveaki13
22nd May 2014, 10:15
Lewis got up late this morning then. :D arriving off his boat and running for the garage.

Koz
22nd May 2014, 10:26
The laps are much faster than I expected.

driveace
22nd May 2014, 11:36
Would love to see Lewis on pole and on top step after the race,weather may play a big part ,and the Mercs will not be able to bugger off and leave everybody ,i doubt .Maybe RB could be 3rd and Alonso 4th,but maybe Ricardo can have a win ,he is due one this year

Tazio
23rd May 2014, 13:08
Kimi :confused: :crazy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2Zx7Xz6u8M

Doc Austin
23rd May 2014, 16:20
Has Pastor won the donkey award for the weekend yet?

Tazio
24th May 2014, 10:57
P3 dawgs :dog:

steveaki13
24th May 2014, 11:15
Ericcson doing a Rosset and reversing all over the circuit. :mark:

Getting plenty of traffic for Lewis so far too, considering the lack of running in FP2 we are making up for it today.

steveaki13
24th May 2014, 11:17
Lewis's car looking like a waggy dog around the chicane and tabac.

So nearly twice putting it into the wall.

Tazio
24th May 2014, 11:26
Yup The Boss living dangerously. DR looking very good again!

steveaki13
24th May 2014, 11:29
Red Bull looking not quite as good at the moment as I thought they might.

Whether this is down to lack of blown diffuser or just that they are not fully attacking yet. I thought this was one race where they would be neck and neck with Merc.

Lets wait and see I suppose.

Bottas also having fun out there. 6 scary moments all on one lap.

Tazio
24th May 2014, 12:16
Dang, fell asleep for the last part of practice. :angryfire :p:

Tazio
24th May 2014, 14:01
Quali time! :dork:

N4D13
24th May 2014, 15:03
What a weird way to finish a session by the Mercs! Anyway, it's great to see Nico back in pole. :)

gm99
24th May 2014, 15:03
Nico knows his Schumacher ;)

truefan72
24th May 2014, 15:07
rosberg pulls a schumacher
and then celebrates like he achieved something smh lol
Hamilton was going faster already in sector 1 and was approaching sector 2 his best sector and had to back off
so I guess Rosberg only takes poles when hamilton makers a mistake and or parks his car knowing he was below the delta

the guy is celebrating like he achieved something

Koz
24th May 2014, 15:14
Very nasty.

Britney is a dirty little bitch.

Daniel
24th May 2014, 15:14
rosberg pulls a schumacher
and then celebrates like he achieved something smh lol
Hamilton was going faster already in sector 1 and was approaching sector 2 his best sector and had to back off
so I guess Rosberg only takes poles when hamilton makers a mistake and or parks his car knowing he was below the delta

the guy is celebrating like he achieved something

You are as one eyed as they come :)

He did achieve something, who did the quickest time in the last qualifying session?

You can't argue with results I guess :)

truefan72
24th May 2014, 15:20
You are as one eyed as they come :)

He did achieve something, who did the quickest time in the last qualifying session?

You can't argue with results I guess :)

oh Daniel,

couldn't wait to jump in, could you :|
I guess you didn't watch qualy or see the sector times of that final lap
and I guess celebrating with aplomb knowing that you denied your competitor with a chance with a yellow flag is just the kind of thing you would do I suppose

oh well, call me cynical

...and so is lauda, herbert, hakkinen, and a few others, I guess we are all one-eyed lol

Tazio
24th May 2014, 15:26
:stareup: Sorry dawg The Boss got punked :confused:

Daniel
24th May 2014, 15:32
oh Daniel,

and I guess celebrating with aplomb knowing that you denied your competitor with a chance with a yellow flag is just the kind of thing you would do I suppose

oh well, call me cynical

...and so is lauda, herbert, hakkinen, and a few others, I guess we are all one-eyed lol

Why are you arguing with results? your signature says that you can't do this.

Hakkinen? The Hakk said he doesn't think he did it on purpose, you also forget Damon Hill, Anthony Davidson and Martin Brundle who all think it was a mistake, nothing like being one eyed to suit your own POV though :)

You can't argue with results :)

Daniel
24th May 2014, 15:32
:stareup: Sorry dawg The Boss got punked :confused:

Hey man! I was like on the pole lap man! I'm not sayin' he did it on purpose man but I was on the pole lap man.

truefan72
24th May 2014, 15:38
Why are you arguing with results? your signature says that you can't do this.

Hakkinen? The Hakk said he doesn't think he did it on purpose, you also forget Damon Hill, Anthony Davidson and Martin Brundle who all think it was a mistake, nothing like being one eyed to suit your own POV though :)

Rosberg under investigation by the FIA
and no Hakkinen did say it was a bit dubious ( on skyF1), and then finished off the interview with saying "i better not say anything more" with a cynical chuckle

Tazio
24th May 2014, 15:48
Hey man! I was like on the pole lap man! I'm not sayin' he did it on purpose man but I was on the pole lap man.I'm not going to get wrapped up in it, I like both drivers, and am willing to let this one play out. This has the potential to turn into a scandal of Flavioian proportions :crazy: :p:

truefan72
24th May 2014, 15:56
I'm not going to get wrapped up in it, I like both drivers, and am willing to let this one play out. This has the potential to turn into a scandal of Flavioian proportions :crazy: :p:

agreed, we still have the race tomorrow. I felt it was a bit cynical, but had more of an issue with his celebrations
we will see how tomorrow plays out, but some others here feel that questioning an incident that ended q3 in a mute fashion is not worthy of discussion or comment.
The same folks who would light up the boards if the situation was reversed.

It's going to be a long race tomorrow and a critical start. we shall see...
but no matter what, i think the situation at Mercedes will now become more frosty.

truefan72
24th May 2014, 16:02
as to the investigation. I don't think anything will come of it, and i would rather they just leave things as they are.
It would be more meaningful to pass rosberg on the track, never mind the psychological blow it would deal

MacFeegle
24th May 2014, 16:49
Coincidence germans always park on final session when it give them pole. Every other driver keep it on track. Is Nico think that he over push and it no matter if he make mistake as no driver can beat time anyhow? Best to think he just incompetent than cheat.

No like celebration against Lewis either. Poor sportsman. Need to go and say he sorry man but he make it a mistake than rub nose in poo.

Me think Lewis red mad and will dive first corner. Maybe no Mercedes finish first lap.

Warriwa
24th May 2014, 16:53
Deliberate deliberate deliberate deliberate deliberate deliberate deliberate

MacFeegle
24th May 2014, 16:54
What you say man. You think it may be slight suspicion :laugh:

rjbetty
24th May 2014, 18:01
Oh dear just logged on the bbc site and saw this...

I didn´t see the celebrations but by the sound of it, Rosberg is quite an ungracious person here. Leaves a kinda bad taste for me too.

I´ll give Nico the benefit of the doubt. This time.

Totally agree with you truefan, Nico has only won or got pole by default this season pretty much, maybe except Bahrain quali possibly. I think we all know who he better driver is, so it should all work out in the end.

driveace
24th May 2014, 18:17
Looked deliberate to me ,he leaves braking late shoots up escape road,he knows he has NO time for another lap ! SO park it there ,who in their right mind reverses back onto the track ? Give him a 10 position penalty ! Teach them !! We said rules were rules at the beginning of the season ! IF nothing is done ,you had better be better at starting in the race than you EVER been before ,as your going to be punished at the start ,is Lewis EVER gonna trust him ? Is Lewis ever gonna help him ?

rjbetty
24th May 2014, 18:36
Ok I just saw the video. I question why is he criss-crossing the steering wheel before you see lock up smoke. Also, is he taking an unusual line indeed?

The left to right movements on the steering wheel are, to me, exactly what Schumacher did, and appear consistent with feigning a mistake.

However, I only want the right thing done. If it was accidental, Nico should start from the front: If it was deliberate he should start from the back.

Daniel
24th May 2014, 18:42
No further action to be taken against Nico Rosberg

Pity this place has become a Lewis Hamilton fansite in the last few years......

Doc Austin
24th May 2014, 18:48
It sure did look suspicious.

However, perhaps Nico swerved too hard to miss the hump and got himself into a tank slapper right as he approached the braking zone. The cars are always dodging to the right to miss the hump and it's not inconceivable that Nico just swerved too hard and upset the car's balance. It did look like the car was yawing back and forth a bit.

Then again, he made no mention of that in his excuse, so it certainly looks like he did it on purpose. I've never seen him do anything overtly dirty on the track, so I am willing to take his word for it, at least for now.

Having said that, none of us really knows what Rosberg was thinking.

Everyone needs to be really careful here. There is a lot more at stake here than a simple, solitary pole position.

First, Nico and Lewis are supposed to be friends, and you don't cheat your friends if you want to keep them. Some of the recent talk (admittedly fueled by the media) suggests that tensions are high between the Nico and Lewis. These two really need to work this out fast.

On top of that, Mercedes stands to lose everything if these two go to open warfare on the track. I would hate to see it, but if this continues, Mercedes might be forced to nominate a lead driver, with the other placed into a support role. There is more than sporting interest here considering Mercedes' euro investment and they could care less which driver wins as long as it's a Mercedes 1, 2.

The Prost/Senna thing was mentioned, but we certainly can't forget how the Villeneuve/Pironi feud finished. Ferrari had that championship in the bag and then ended up losing both drivers before the season was past Hockenheim.

So far the two have raced cleanly, but if Rosberg wants to take the gloves off that could explode everything from the harmony in the team to their friendship. Rosberg needs to be careful not to force this sort of thing because as long as both Mercedes were running, Hamilton had always come out ahead. If you were running the team, who would you think gives you the best chance at the championship?

Personally I am sad to see this sort of thing develop because I like them both. Equally sad is that the worse this gets, the better it will be for F1 because it will create a lot of interest.

Daniel
24th May 2014, 18:56
It sure did look suspicious.

However, perhaps Nico swerved too hard to miss the hump and got himself into a tank slapper right as he approached the braking zone. The cars are always dodging to the right to miss the hump and it's not inconceivable that Nico just swerved too hard and upset the car's balance. It did look like the car was yawing back and forth a bit.

Then again, he made no mention of that in his excuse, so it certainly looks like he did it on purpose. I've never seen him do anything overtly dirty on the track, so I am willing to take his word for it, at least for now.

Having said that, none of us really knows what Rosberg was thinking.

Everyone needs to be really careful here. There is a lot more at stake here than a simple, solitary pole position.

First, Nico and Lewis are supposed to be friends, and you don't cheat your friends if you want to keep them. Some of the recent talk (admittedly fueled by the media) suggests that tensions are high between the Nico and Lewis. These two really need to work this out fast.

On top of that, Mercedes stands to lose everything if these two go to open warfare on the track. I would hate to see it, but if this continues, Mercedes might be forced to nominate a lead driver, with the other placed into a support role. There is more than sporting interest here considering Mercedes' euro investment and they could care less which driver wins as long as it's a Mercedes 1, 2.

The Prost/Senna thing was mentioned, but we certainly can't forget how the Villeneuve/Pironi feud finished. Ferrari had that championship in the bag and then ended up losing both drivers before the season was past Hockenheim.

So far the two have raced cleanly, but if Rosberg wants to take the gloves off that could explode everything from the harmony in the team to their friendship. Rosberg needs to be careful not to force this sort of thing because as long as both Mercedes were running, Hamilton had always come out ahead. If you were running the team, who would you think gives you the best chance at the championship?

Personally I am sad to see this sort of thing develop because I like them both. Equally sad is that the worse this gets, the better it will be for F1 because it will create a lot of interest.

I don't get how anyone can see it as anything more than an error and it's certainly not the first time someone's error has benefited someone or penalised someone else.....

If the shoe were on the other foot I wonder if people would accuse Lewis of doing it on purpose, I certainly wouldn't.

truefan72
24th May 2014, 19:07
I don't get how anyone can see it as anything more than an error

seriously?

If the shoe were on the other foot I wonder if people would accuse Lewis of doing it on purpose, I certainly wouldn't.
oh dear lord, they most certainly would. You would see these boards on fire, with even a few newcomers signing up just to have a go

anyway, we will see what the race brings tomorrow

Doc Austin
24th May 2014, 19:18
I don't get how anyone can see it as anything more than an error.............

Except, I didn't say that. I said it looked suspicious, but I was willing to take Rosberg's word for it.

.............and it's certainly not the first time someone's error has benefited someone or penalised someone else.....

The only other time something like this happened that I can remember is when Schumacher did something similar here, and I believe they moved him to the back of the grid. Since there is some doubt as to what really happened with Rosberg, they were probably right to let it slide.

Were this to happen in Indycar, you would lose your two fastest laps. That discourages any deliberate attempts to steal a pole by crashing or stalling out.

No one on this forum wrote this article: http://www.motorsport.com/#!/f1/news/stewards-probe-what-may-have-been-a-deliberate-mistake-by-rosberg/ Other people on the scene suspected something fishy before it ever got to this forum.

I'm sure if the roles were reversed plenty of people would be criticizing Lewis. After all, as much people loved Schumacher, people were calling for his head when he did something similar at Monoco. Even Schumacher fans were upset with him.

Bagwan
24th May 2014, 19:48
It's a scary enough run down that section of track without having to try to actually get it wrong and run down the escape road .
Get it a tenth of a second late at those speeds , and you're all of a sudden facing a wall and a quick decision .

The stewards looked at far more data , and found that no penalty was necessary .
This may only mean that there was nothing that drew them directly to conclude that beyond a doubt that it was intentional .
"Looking fishy" isn't enough , but since it was "fishy" enough that they felt it necessary to investigate , we can conclude they looked very closely indeed .

When you put that together with Nico's generally gentlemanly reputation , I think one must at least consider that he's telling the truth here .
And , finally , risking his father's derision when Keke was so vocal about Michael stopping at Rascasse seems pretty unlikely to me .

The only niggle I have about this , and it's only a small one , is that I just read a quote from
Nico somewhere about how Lewis gets vulnerable when he doesn't have things go all his way .
With the way Lewis reacted , I'm pretty sure he read that quote , too .

Tazio
24th May 2014, 20:32
Good post bags, the stewards have examined telemetry and cleared Nico, that's good enough for me, hopefully tomorrow won't be too boring.
I wonder what Slash thinks about the episode? :confused:
At any rate great job by Danny, Seb did pretty well, and Fred really wrung the neck of the F14T, blowing Kimi away in Q 3(althoudh I'm hoping Kimi puts together a good race), and finally Ericsson has postured himself quite well for donkey of the weekend deserving every bit of:

The stewards decided that Ericsson had ‘recklessly collided’ with Massa and demanded that he start from the pitlane, having been 22nd on the grid in any case. He also received two license penalty points
For ruining Fast Felipe's race!

steveaki13
24th May 2014, 20:36
I personally think it was on purpose.

However who got Pole?

Its all worth it to have pole around Monaco. The ruthless streak that top line drivers have, has often been missing from Nico and it surfaced today.

I have a new belief that he can now win this Championship.

Nico Rosberg secured pole position. Not in the ideal way, but hey he wont care should he win tomorrow.

I love a spicy controversy and this will sure make the race tomorrow more fun.

I hope Lewis doesn't lose his rag because he got screwed.

You cant argue with results like Daniel says and Nico starts on pole. Congrats to him.

As long as you get away with it who cares. :devil: He has shown his hand and fair play to him. Alls fair in love and war and all that stuff.

Some of you are going to hate me for saying this but I honestly do complement him for thinking of it. It worked.

Anyway lets hope tomorrows Race is a good one.

donKey jote
24th May 2014, 20:44
Hope Lewis doesn't let it get to him.... Wouldn't be the first time he turns Monaco into the beginning of a dirty internal war :laugh: :andrea: :devil:

Bagwan
24th May 2014, 20:53
When a mistake around Monaco usually gets you a shower of carbon fibre , it's more than a little odd when it gets you pole .

Here's a question :
Was the flag thrown when he went down the escape road , or when he started reversing ?

Here's another two questions :
If he had just run farther forward in the escape road , once he knew he had blown the corner , would a yellow been needed ?
Is the escape road deep enough to allow for this ?

steveaki13
24th May 2014, 21:00
This. If he knew it was late I guess he could have waited until the rest had finished.

Instead he chose to reverse out on track. He must have known this was securing pole and even if the mistake was honest, the reversing on track may not have been.

Anyway whatever he did the job. Others need to except this. Not everything in sport is fair. Its about results

steveaki13
24th May 2014, 21:00
Hope Lewis doesn't let it get to him.... Wouldn't be the first time he turns Monaco into the beginning of a dirty internal war :laugh: :andrea: :devil:

2007;)

donKey jote
24th May 2014, 21:16
I don't recall :p

Tazio
24th May 2014, 22:06
Nico has only won or got pole by default this season pretty much, maybe except Bahrain quali possibly. I think we all know who he better driver is, so it should all work out in the end.

:confused: Hold the phone there Buster Brown, you and I have a bet on the WDC, and you took Nico! :dozey: ;)
At any rate I bet Nicole just wants to hit Britney with a designer handbag. :angryfire

Firstgear
25th May 2014, 00:25
Is this Nico's way of saying (in not so many words) that he knows he can't keep up with Hamilton?
If I was Hamilton, that's what I'd be thinking, "I've always known I'm faster than you Nico, glad to see you agree."

driveace
25th May 2014, 01:32
Well Hamilton was faster than Rosberg in the Q 2 Session and would have been faster in Q3 too ,BUT lets see who comes out top tomorrow,and lets hope Lewis has quicker turnaround on his pitstops than of late .Your the better racer Lewis !

Doc Austin
25th May 2014, 01:49
Oh, I don't think Lewis will wait for the pit stops to shake things out. He's going to pass Nico on the track.

TheFamousEccles
25th May 2014, 03:14
Lulu's bottom lip was near dragging on the ground! He surely would have tripped over it on the way to the weigh-in :bigcry: Pure TV gold!

Daniel
25th May 2014, 11:28
oh Daniel,

oh well, call me cynical

I'd just like to come out and say that you are a LIAR :)

I've just watched the quali replay and Lauda specifically said that it was a mistake and wasn't done on purpose.

Stop being a LIAR :)

MacFeegle
25th May 2014, 12:18

I've just watched the quali replay and Lauda specifically said that it was a mistake and wasn't done on purpose.

You correct daniel man but bit heavy with accusation? Liar is strong word for what truefan say. More like mistake so dont challenge mans honour like that. Not nice :(

It true, and you like facts, that Nico mistake raise eyes up and down pit and in media to the point stewards look close and say no more action. But also fact Lewis faster than Nico at that point and Lewis fastest sector still to come. Nico lucky chap he make mistake or likely he start second. That facts, and although I think Nico make error by mistake, lot of people in Pit Lane also think more to it and them people know bit more than you and me so who know?

Dave B
25th May 2014, 12:40
My tuppence worth: I think Lewis has shown a huge weakness by reacting to losing pole. Whether or not it was a deliberate act by Nico (and I don't think it was), Lewis should have simply congratulated him and reminded himself that the points are awarded on Sunday. He's allowed himself to get suckered in to a debate that need not exist, and by mouthing off about settling it like Senna he's made himself look foolish.

Hamilton could have risen above all this and made himself look like the bigger man, instead he's looking like a petulant child. I just hope he can keep calm during the race.

steveaki13
25th May 2014, 12:59
I hope Lewis doesn't do anything stupid into turn 1.

I mean Nico got pole and IMO did something a bit controversial to secure it. As Dave says Lewis really needed to laugh it off. He starts 2nd and is in with a great chance to win anyway. The last thing he needs is to knock Nico out, get a penalty and future penalty and give Nico the upper hand in terms of support.

If lewis knocked Nico out and finished 3rd that's 15 points added, but with the reception that would get and future penalties (next race) and maybe even a ban. That would ultimately cost him more than it would gain him for this weekend.

Guess we will see soon enough.

Fingers crossed Lewis accepts yesterday has gone and try's to win properly.

MacFeegle
25th May 2014, 13:35
Lewis upset and natural I think but agree now need cool head. If anything this advantage Lewia cause he force Nici into mistake so in battle he one up mentally.

Might be one place on grid but championship he mentally up hand.

steveaki13
25th May 2014, 13:46
The grid is an absolute Zoo as per normal. :p

Lauda saying he has told Nico and Lewis that he will get Angry if they collect each other in turn 1.

Lauda is great sometimes, most team bosses would be playing it down. Lauda was just saying its chaos behind the scenes and he just hopes it ends well. :eek:

donKey jote
25th May 2014, 13:47
morning gurlz :D
all set for this year's procession? :sailor:

steveaki13
25th May 2014, 13:48
Thinking more about it though.

Lewis surely can't do anything stupid. I mean then it would shift from a slight suspicion of Nico to absolute hate for Lewis if he takes any action.

Lewis must remain calm. Hope he does otherwise all kinds of stuff will hit the fan.

steveaki13
25th May 2014, 13:49
morning gurlz :D
all set for this year's procession? :sailor:

Hi Donks.

Yes absolutely. Unless the Boss decides to take action. :eek:

donKey jote
25th May 2014, 13:51
the boss, or seb, or kimi :p

janneppi
25th May 2014, 13:54
I was watching the Sky's gridwalk and Brundle was talking to Niki Lauda and said something about Hamilton using an more powerful engine mode in Spanish GP than the team wanted? Did I mis-hear or was there something like that happening?

Daniel
25th May 2014, 13:56
I was watching the Sky's gridwalk and Brundle was talking to Niki Lauda and said something about Hamilton using an more powerful engine mode in Spanish GP than the team wanted? Did I mis-hear or was there something like that happening?

Yes, this is true

Koz
25th May 2014, 13:57
Hi guys!!

Tazio
25th May 2014, 13:57
Top o' the morning dawgs!! :dog:

donKey jote
25th May 2014, 14:00
even bananiel's rejoined for the race.. or is it just for the first corner ? :wave: :sailor: :kiss: :andrea:

Tazio
25th May 2014, 14:01
What happened to Igor :confused:

Koz
25th May 2014, 14:01
Hamilton will lead into the first corner!!

donKey jote
25th May 2014, 14:03
gogogoooo

donKey jote
ALLLooooo

Koz
Kimi!!

donKey jote
25th May 2014, 14:04
i mean kiMMMiiiiiiii :laugh:

Tazio
25th May 2014, 14:04
great start by kimi

donKey jote
25th May 2014, 14:07
stoopid Ricc :p

donKey jote
25th May 2014, 14:09
poor Vett :p

veeten
25th May 2014, 14:10
Hey Vettel,... Surprise!! :p:

andyone
25th May 2014, 14:11
Come on guysss.. poor vettel

Sent from my Quantum using Tapatalk

veeten
25th May 2014, 14:11
man, it's all coming unglued for Vettel, isn't it?... :p:

donKey jote
25th May 2014, 14:12
hey V10 :wave: :sailor:

veeten
25th May 2014, 14:15
hey, donks. :)

Great start, isn't it? ;)

donKey jote
25th May 2014, 14:17
kimi consistently more than .7 a lap faster than Alo so far :p

donKey jote
25th May 2014, 14:18
hey, donks. :)

Great start, isn't it? ;)
stoopid Ric :mad: :laugh:

veeten
25th May 2014, 14:23
and now, he's Alonso's worry. ;) :p:

donKey jote
25th May 2014, 14:26
Ric is Alo's worry... the team will do the rest ;) :andrea:

steveaki13
25th May 2014, 14:26
Four cars out so far.

Vettel, Kyvat, Perez.

Anyone know what happened to Maldonado? Did he just fail to start?

I dont see a massive blame on Button. Perez left no room but to be honest its a first lap incident for me.

donKey jote
25th May 2014, 14:27
Sutil passer of the race so far :p

steveaki13
25th May 2014, 14:27
Kimi and Sutil drivers of the race. Kimi is amazing in 3rd and Sutil coming from 18th up to 15th.

veeten
25th May 2014, 14:34
"... Riccairdo is faster than you." :p:

donKey jote
25th May 2014, 14:35
Kimi and Sutil drivers of the race. Kimi is amazing in 3rd and Sutil coming from 18th up to 15th.
and Kimi will be even more driver of the race if a SC forces both Ferraris in to pit at the same time ;) :p

donKey jote
25th May 2014, 14:38
Well that's it for Sutil's drive of the race .... got caught on the bumps :dozey:

gm99
25th May 2014, 14:38
Hm, let's rethink the driver of the race for Sutil...

N4D13
25th May 2014, 14:39
That safety car is going to screw the race strategies, isn't it? :(

donKey jote
25th May 2014, 14:39
balls SC :mad:
stoopid ric, stoopid sut :dozey:

veeten
25th May 2014, 14:40
and Kimi will be even more driver of the race if a SC forces both Ferraris in to pit at the same time ;) :p

Quiet, you... :p:

rjbetty
25th May 2014, 14:41
Another one bites the dust.

gm99
25th May 2014, 14:42
The mother of all unsafe releases for Vergne...

donKey jote
25th May 2014, 14:43
that pit came just in time for the Kimster :p

donKey jote
25th May 2014, 14:44
moany lew :p

N4D13
What was that? Horrible timing for a pitstop... :-/

gm99
Shame for Kimi...

donKey jote
team orders in Ferrari ? :devil:

Koz
25th May 2014, 14:46
Kimi overtaking the marussia after the pit stop???

Tazio
What happened to Kimi?

donKey jote
crap... now Rosberg can just chug his bus along for the rest of the race...

veeten
25th May 2014, 14:48
leave it, son. Just concentrate on the restart.

N4D13
25th May 2014, 14:48
Courtesy of Autosport:

12:46 Ferrari says the problem was due to a "lapped Marussia hitting Raikkonen". Its incredulous twitter correspondent adds: "Incredible!"

donKey jote
25th May 2014, 14:49
donkey of the race for chilton and the stoopid sc rules :mad:

steveaki13
25th May 2014, 14:51
That could be race over with a 1 stop.

Poor Kimi

Wow Hulk passing in Portier

veeten
25th May 2014, 14:51
man, a lot of 'squeeze' passes going on today. :D

steveaki13
25th May 2014, 14:56
What a pass by Bianchi. Great stuff

steveaki13
25th May 2014, 14:57
Who says you dont get passing at Monaco

donKey jote
25th May 2014, 14:58
grojo and koba.. pass the popcorn :sailor:

donKey jote
25th May 2014, 15:02
ah the old save fuel messages again :sailor:

veeten
25th May 2014, 15:05
Who says you dont get passing at Monaco

they happen when you remember you have those two round things under your gut, ahead your butt, and right between your knees. ;)

donKey jote
25th May 2014, 15:11
"Listen Lew, here is how you need to drive to get past Nico..."

gm99
25th May 2014, 15:11
Not the best of strategies for Massa...

Koz
25th May 2014, 15:14
Did STR just try to rape Binachi???!!!

steveaki13
25th May 2014, 15:18
Vergne out.

veeten
" done blowed up"... in the words of Mr. Hobbs...

N4D13
Three out of four retirements for RBR and STR. Did Maldonado also not start the race due to engine issues?

donKey jote
25th May 2014, 15:22
hehe "remember 2007" says sky :p

gm99
25th May 2014, 15:22
Bottas train :)

EDIT: Steamin' train

N4D13
25th May 2014, 15:24
Bottas train :)

EDIT: Steamin' train
Now coming with steam!

veeten
and another engine dies a very ugly death...

N4D13
Oh, man, these stewards sure have some balls.

donKey jote
steaming turd :sailor: :andrea:

gm99
25th May 2014, 15:26
Lots of technical retirements today. If it continues like that, Marussia might well end up with their first-ever points finish.

N4D13
25th May 2014, 15:28
Bianchi might just get another 5-second penalty for serving the first one during the safety car period. Is this forbidden in the rules?

donKey jote
25th May 2014, 15:30
oh dear gutierrez ...

gm99
25th May 2014, 15:30
Both Saubers out due to driver errors on a day where they could well have scored their first points of 2014. Good avoiding by Kimi.

steveaki13
25th May 2014, 15:31
Gutierrez spins.

14 left and one more retirement guarantees one of the Marussia/Caterham cars a point.

veeten
25th May 2014, 15:32
cut the corner, hit the guardrail, cut the tyre...

Brilliant... :rolleyes:

donKey jote
25th May 2014, 15:35
balls bianchi gets screwed :(

donKey jote
25th May 2014, 15:36
lew can't see? :eek:

Daniel
25th May 2014, 15:40

Crying?

veeten
25th May 2014, 15:40
wow, Mags all over Hulk, with Button waiting just behind...

N4D13
25th May 2014, 15:41
That "I don't care about Ricciardo" line was just priceless.

donKey jote
25th May 2014, 15:42
stroppy lew... "I don't care about Ric" :laugh:
... yet ! :sailor:

veeten
25th May 2014, 15:44

Smoke... it gets in your eyes. :p:

Daniel
25th May 2014, 15:45
That "I don't care about Ricciardo" line was just priceless.

Yup, he soon will!

veeten
25th May 2014, 15:46
and look what's ahead of Ham,... Traffic.

Oh, goody... :dozey:

donKey jote
25th May 2014, 15:46
kimi donkey :mad:

N4D13
25th May 2014, 15:47
Bianchi is in eighth!

veeten
25th May 2014, 15:50
the car suits Ric that Vet. Speaks volumes...

gm99
25th May 2014, 15:50
Whatever happened to Bianchi's penalty? Did he just ignore it?

donKey jote
25th May 2014, 15:51
Well done Nico :sailor:

donKey jote
25th May 2014, 15:52

he'll get 5 sec added on at the end

donKey jote
25th May 2014, 15:53
Ham must be really starving now :andrea:

steveaki13
25th May 2014, 15:56

Surely if Bianchi ignored Penalty then that may be disqualification.

N4D13
25th May 2014, 15:57
Surely if Bianchi ignored Penalty then that may be disqualification.
No. 5-second penalties are added to a driver's final time if he doesn't take them during the race.

steveaki13
he'll get 5 sec added on at the end

But it said on screen a 5 second stop/go penalty. If its a stop and go it needs surviving in 3 laps. Only going by what was written on the screen.

steveaki13
No. 5-second penalties are added to a driver's final time if he doesn't take them during the race.

It was written on screen though as a 5 second stop/go rather than just a 5 second penalty.

Daniel
25th May 2014, 16:01

donKey jote
25th May 2014, 16:02
babes of the race :sailor: :kiss: :andrea:

steveaki13
25th May 2014, 16:07
Wow official results comes in and Bianchi has just had 5 seconds added on and finishes 9th and scores 2 points.

Brilliant effort by Jules Bianchi. Its taken 4 odd years but they have done it.

dj_bytedisaster
25th May 2014, 16:22
But it said on screen a 5 second stop/go penalty. If its a stop and go it needs surviving in 3 laps. Only going by what was written on the screen.

The five sec penalties are a new addition. They don't have to be taken within 3 laps, but after the next pitstop. Of you don't stop again, it gets added at the end

Roamy
25th May 2014, 16:57
It was a pretty freaking Parade with someone occasionally crashing their "Float" :)

dj_bytedisaster
25th May 2014, 17:07
It was a pretty freaking Parade with someone occasionally crashing their "Float" :)

You obviously missed the monstrous passes of Hulk and Sutil then. Probably only cared for one driver, I guess?

steveaki13
25th May 2014, 17:16
You obviously missed the monstrous passes of Hulk and Sutil then. Probably only cared for one driver, I guess?

This some of the driving and passes today was as good as you see at Monaco.

Sutil made a pass on Grosjean into the hairpin, then a Caterham into the hairpin and then another pass into the Chicane.

Hulkenbergs pass on Magnussen was great too.

Then what about Bianchi launching up the inside of Kobayashi into Rascasse.

Some great moves there and some others unseen, I mean did anyone see Kimi pass Ricciardo on the first restart?

truefan72
25th May 2014, 17:34

get a grip
first of all, I watched the german coverage and he was initially skeptical, by the time he got to sky he softened his position ( surely after a few words from toto)
but who carers, your demeanor says a lot about your true sentiments so stop acting as if this was not a controversy
anyway, i don't have time to deal with folks who go off the rails like that.

RS
25th May 2014, 17:41
Lewis needs to grow up, he's such a sulker. I fear this could be his downfall as I feel he is probably the quicker driver overall.

Doc Austin
25th May 2014, 17:53
In the US, the race is just now coming on TV. NBC screwed it up and showed the post race show first! I turn on the TV and see Rosberg spraying champagne! No sense in watching it now that there's no suspense.

I'm recording it now, so I'll probably give it a look tonight.

Great to see Marussia finally have some success.

veeten
25th May 2014, 19:13
Doc, the race was on live at 8:00 AM EST on NBC. What's on now is the rebroadcast on NBCSportsNet. The Post race show was moved to SportsNet just after the live broadcast of the race to accommodate the French Open on NBC.

truefan72
25th May 2014, 19:23
Doc, the race was on live at 8:00 AM EST on NBC. What's on now is the rebroadcast on NBCSportsNet. The Post race show was moved to SportsNet just after the live broadcast of the race to accommodate the French Open on NBC.

yup

Tazio
28th May 2014, 04:57
Apparently Fred had technical issues:

Fernando Alonso feared he could have been forced to retire from the Monaco Grand Prix on the first lap after an ERS problem with his Ferrari engine.

Alonso qualified fourth with what he described as his best lap of the year, but fell to sixth at the start of the race.

The Spaniard, who lies third in the Formula 1 drivers' championship, admitted his Ferrari lost power for the first few corners.

"The electric engine [ERS] didn't work so I didn't have the power going until Turn 3 [Casino Square]," said Alonso.

"I had a good jump, but I didn't have any more power to keep going.

"But the McLarens were fighting and also it is not completely straight so I was lucky that no one else overtook me.

"It was more stressful after Turn 1 [Sainte Devote]. Between Turn 1 and 3 I was very, very slow and I was a little bit worried I would have to retire after lap one. And then suddenly the electric motor started working."

Alonso conceded that, even if he had full power, he would probably have been boxed in on the run to Ste Devote.

"If I did have the power available I would have had to brake anyway because I didn't have the space," he added. "I tried to go to the left at one point but Kimi [Raikkonen] was doing a good start so it was not the place to go."

BRAKE PROBLEMS AT END

After problems for Ferrari team-mate Raikkonen and Sebastian Vettel, Alonso chased Daniel Ricciardo for third, but suffered brake issues in the closing stages.

"At the end we had some brake problems," said Alonso.

"The car was braking with only right brakes so I had to hold the steering to the left.

"Once you are in that position you just try to bring the car safely home and get these points, but obviously we will try to do better next time."

Despite the issues, Alonso believes fourth was the best the F14 T could manage in Monaco.

"Fourth was the maximum," he said. "The top three showed their potential and that they were faster than me.

"I'm happy with the weekend in general. The race was difficult, it was tough, but I've got more points than I had yesterday."

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/114137

journeyman racer
31st May 2014, 06:16
Has it been confirmed what was in Hamilton's eye?

driveace
31st May 2014, 18:37
I think he had been told through his ear that he must not be silly and collide with Vettel ,and bring his car home intact .He wanted a race SO he slowed to let Danny catch up ,then he had a race with Danny ,OH ! and the eyelash washed itself out of his eye

Tazio
31st May 2014, 19:46
Has it been confirmed what was in Hamilton's eye?It's common knowledge that The Boss likes to touch himself and take a whiff of the freaky funk Nicole's leaves down there the night before, during the race for inspiration.
This time he got some of her essence of kukus into his eye.......most likely. :sailor: http://i46.tinypic.com/hv9ul3.gif :angel:

The Black Knight
31st May 2014, 23:05
It's common knowledge that The Boss likes to touch himself and take a whiff of the freaky funk Nicole's leaves down there the night before, during the race for inspiration.
This time he got some of her essence of kukus into his eye.......most likely. :sailor: http://i46.tinypic.com/hv9ul3.gif :angel:

Haha that's what I said to my buddy the second I heard the radio message!

Crab fishing will be in full swing down the harbour of Monaco this year.

Tazio
31st May 2014, 23:09
You must be as sick as me!! :laugh: :angel:

journeyman racer
1st June 2014, 10:53
Hmm. I suppose that'll make for interesting reading in the End of Year review.