PDA

View Full Version : Good bye!

garyshell
17th May 2014, 22:38
I'm done. I don't have the time to deal with the frustration here ny longer. I tried my best to keep the pickems going but got next to zero support. So, goodbye.

Gary

Tazio
18th May 2014, 10:54
Thanks Gary, the F1 pickems championship is officially tainted, and for the most part basically toast. :mark:

journeyman racer
18th May 2014, 13:32
It's Tony George's fault.

FormerFF
18th May 2014, 17:36
This forum does seem to be on its way to extinction anyway.

Starter
18th May 2014, 19:58
Gary, thanks for taking over the job from me. I appreciate your stepping up. You're correct though, the IndyCar part of this forum has faded substantially from the old days here. Best of luck to you and my invitation still stands to meet at a race somewhere. Keep in touch.

steveaki13
20th May 2014, 00:05
Sad news. Thanks for your efforts

I agree about the state of the forum.I try and get the F1 threads going early, but not many post in them until race time. Sad times. :(

jarrambide
20th May 2014, 02:50
Gary, thanks for taking over the job from me. I appreciate your stepping up. You're correct though, the IndyCar part of this forum has faded substantially from the old days here. Best of luck to you and my invitation still stands to meet at a race somewhere. Keep in touch.

I have one better, I'm inviting you 2 to a minireunion at Austin's F1 race. I remember meeting many forum members at different races, when this was a huge community and we would argue like crazy on the forums, and then meet in person and had a big laugh and a great time.

garyshell
20th May 2014, 03:06
I'm still game for this idea. Maybe this fall.

Gary

I have one better, I'm inviting you 2 to a minireunion at Austin's F1 race. I remember meeting many forum members at different races, when this was a huge community and we would argue like crazy on the forums, and then meet in person and had a big laugh and a great time.

Tazio
20th May 2014, 03:31

Maybe I'll crash the party.

Starter
20th May 2014, 13:11
I'll most likely not be able to make that one, but if my schedule should change I'll give you guys a shout.

jarrambide
21st May 2014, 04:44
I'll most likely not be able to make that one, but if my schedule should change I'll give you guys a shout. Allrighty.

Jag_Warrior
6th June 2014, 17:50
Gary, I'm sorry to hear this but I can understand. My enthusiasm for this series is pretty much gone now. I used to at least check the net to see who won this or that race, even when I stopped watching. But now, I just don't care. I don't even look at the Nielsen ratings anymore. I was in L.A. and could have gone to Long Beach this year. Didn't stay over to go... just didn't care. But you guys are people who occupy a happy place in my mind. So it would be a thrill for me if several of us could ever meet up at the track one of these days.

Chris R
11th June 2014, 20:44
Gary, Thanks for all your efforts. I have more or less given up on the forum as well - there is just no traffic here…. Best wishes!!

Starter
11th June 2014, 23:27
Gary, Thanks for all your efforts. I have more or less given up on the forum as well - there is just no traffic here…. Best wishes!!
Seems like the same pretty much all over. This is the only one I look in on these days. I stopped going to TF some long time back because of all the hissy fits there from the same cast of characters. Tried OWR for a bit and that was ridiculous - nearly as bad as the fanatics place used to be. No formal count downs, but just as unwelcoming.

NaBUru38
19th June 2014, 17:15
You may enjoy the IndyCar section at the Ten Tenths forum, or TrackForum of course.

Chris R
4th August 2014, 13:22
Seems like the same pretty much all over. This is the only one I look in on these days. I stopped going to TF some long time back because of all the hissy fits there from the same cast of characters. Tried OWR for a bit and that was ridiculous - nearly as bad as the fanatics place used to be. No formal count downs, but just as unwelcoming.

If you can look past the BS = TrackForum has not been bad.

But you are right, there are a few people that just never change their tune and are pretty "in your face" about it….

However, at least there is consistent posting and quite a number of "high quality" posters with interesting information and points of view…..

Doc Austin
5th August 2014, 01:30
Track Forum used to be great, but it has become such a black pit of gleeful negativity that I don't waste my time there any more.

Since I stopped going to Indycar forums, I have enjoyed the races a lot more.

mr_swiss
7th August 2014, 19:40
Since I stopped going to Indycar forums, I have enjoyed the races a lot more.

I fully agree. All the negativity can certainly take the joy out of enjoying. I'm sure there have always been problems, but we hardly heard of them.
So, let the teams worry and the fans enjoy

bugeyedgomer
17th August 2014, 05:45
Yep. John Howard, Jim Wilke, and Jan Shaffer were never on the internet talking bad a bout CART.

beachbum
26th August 2014, 13:05
Track Forum used to be great, but it has become such a black pit of gleeful negativity that I don't waste my time there any more.

Since I stopped going to Indycar forums, I have enjoyed the races a lot more.This place is a ghost town. I used to check every day, but now may go weeks. TF is still somewhat active, but has gotten so negative that any sane discourse isn't possible. I guess the crap__ies had to go somewhere and some of the newbees are completely clueless. I still check it, but often don't get past the thread title as it is often "more of the same", complaining about the same topics over and over again by the same handful of hateful people.

But with Twitter becoming "the" place to be, many traditional forums are dying. I follow a number of special interest forums, and all of them are slowly going the same direction.