PDA

View Full Version : Hey, anybody in here?

R.Lee
14th May 2014, 11:33
Come on guys, the racing season is hitting it stride now. Big two weeks coming up, All-Star race (myself not a fan of it, but it is something to watch) and the World 600 (sorry, but I am a traditionalist ;) ) Anybody want to talk about it? I'll check bac this evening when I get home from work.

edv
16th May 2014, 01:25
I think the number of members here is now below the critical mass needed to maintain any conversation.
Too bad.
You'd think that there are many more things people might dislike about NASCAR than like, even though they watch and follow it...which normally should lead to more discussion.

R.Lee
16th May 2014, 11:45
I've also heard that forums are a dying breed. People prefer Social Media, Facebook and Twitter, ove forums. Well, do you want to discuss the upcoming two weeks? I check in, each morning and each afternoon, after I get home from work. Hopefully, some discussion will follow. I'll be here until the end, if they choose to close the forum.

Sparky1329
18th May 2014, 22:21
I've been checking in from time to time but nobody has posted anything. I like message boards but I'm an old fart and set in my ways. :D

R.Lee
19th May 2014, 11:51
I've been checking in from time to time but nobody has posted anything. I like message boards but I'm an old fart and set in my ways. :D
Same here Sparky, I'm an old fart too! :D I'll keep checking in and us old farts can talk, others can join us, if they wish. ;) They can believe what they wish, but old farts RULE! :D

Sparky1329
20th May 2014, 07:20
Amen! :D

R.Lee
20th May 2014, 11:38
Sparky, I sent you a private message, did you get it? If you did not, let me know and I'll try again.

beachbum
21st May 2014, 13:27
Forums are becoming a dying breed. Some claim many people can't form a thought over 140 characters.

R.Lee
22nd May 2014, 00:25
Forums are becoming a dying breed. Some claim many people can't form a thought over 140 characters.
Yeah, that's what I heard.

call_me_andrew
25th May 2014, 03:45
All the forums around here are suffering.

R.Lee
26th May 2014, 13:26
All the forums around here are suffering.
I know that people check out the forums, a couple of times a week. It just seems that no one much posts anymore. Seems if you're going to check out the forums, you might as well post something, while you're here. Charlotte is a big race, i thought there would at least be a little talk about it here. Oh well.

R.Lee
3rd July 2014, 03:48
Sparky1329, check your private messages. I just sent you a message. Hope you see it soon.

muggle not
10th July 2014, 17:10
Hello!!!!

R.Lee
11th July 2014, 02:23
Hello, Good to see you. Seems that only very rarely does anyone come in here anymore. Good to see you.

slorydn1
19th July 2014, 02:56
Can you hear me now????? GOOOD! :D

pasklik
22nd July 2014, 17:37
i am here

R.Lee
25th July 2014, 01:44
Glad to see you both. Anyone want to start a discussion?

MD24
27th July 2014, 18:20
Glad to see you both. Anyone want to start a discussion?
Edwards not returning to Roush next season and JR next crew chief..thoughts ?

R.Lee
29th July 2014, 00:40
Edwards not returning to Roush next season and JR next crew chief..thoughts ?Edwards not returning to Roush is no surprise, it's been the worst kept secret in the garage area, he's going to JGR. Not announced yet, but that is where he is headed. That was VERY unprofessional, the way Roush handled this situation yesterday. Like I just heard on Race Hub a few minutes ago, "that announcement was not about who will be driving for Roush next year, it was about who wouldn't be driving for Roush next year!" Roush could have been allot more professional, announced it during the off week or after the race, but to announce it 30 minutes before Edwards climbed into the car, well, that is B.S.! Drivers need to be fully consentrated on the race, 30 minutes before the start, not distracted by a B.S. announcement, like Carl was!

I really don't know what to say about Earnhardt Jr's crew chief for next year. I think it is ashame that Steve Letard won't be with him next year. They have the kind of chemistry that wins races and championships. It shows, as Dale has done far better since Letard became his crew chief. No clue who will be he CC next year.

MD24
30th July 2014, 03:14
I'm not surprised to see Edwards leaving, he's been more then loyal to Roush and he'll never win a championship with them. Roush doesn't seem to be one of the top teams anymore. Good for Edwards.
As for Jr. it's too bad he's losing his crew chief because they really seem click together. My guess is next crew chief will come within HMS.

R.Lee
30th July 2014, 11:16
I'm not surprised to see Edwards leaving, he's been more then loyal to Roush and he'll never win a championship with them. Roush doesn't seem to be one of the top teams anymore. Good for Edwards.
As for Jr. it's too bad he's losing his crew chief because they really seem click together. My guess is next crew chief will come within HMS.
Yes, I agree. Not at all a surprise for Edwards to be leaving Roush. Roush has had allot of problems and the teams are not the caliber that they were, even a couple of years ago. I don't think it is the fault of the drivers at Roush. I also agree with you, about Earhnardt Jr's next crew chief. Wonder if it will be his or one of the other Cup team's car chief, or will they advance a Nationwide Team crew chief, up to the Cup level? It will be interesting to see.

R.Lee
30th July 2014, 22:47
Well, that didn't take long. HMS announces that Greg Ives will be Dale Earnhardt Jr's crew chief in 2015. Here is the announcement, posted at Jayski's:

Greg Ives named crew chief for Earnhardt, Jr. in 2015: Crew chief Greg Ives will rejoin Hendrick Motorsports following the 2014 NASCAR season to lead the #88 Sprint Cup Series team of driver Dale Earnhardt Jr. Ives, 34, was race engineer for Jimmie Johnson's historic run of five consecutive Sprint Cup championships (2006-2010) with the #48 Hendrick Motorsports team. He will work alongside Johnson's crew chief, Chad Knaus, in the shop shared by the #48 and 88 Chevy SS teams.
"Greg was our number-one choice," said Rick Hendrick, owner of Hendrick Motorsports. "This is a talented guy who already has a terrific rapport with Dale Jr. and is a fit with the organization. He and Chad had a lot of success together, and all of our crew chiefs think the world of him and what he's accomplished. Greg's proven that he can win races, and he has all the tools to do big things."
Since his debut as a crew chief for JR Motorsports in 2013, Ives has won five NASCAR Nationwide Series races including three this season with rookie and current points leader Chase Elliott.
A native of Bark River, Michigan, and graduate of Michigan Technological University, Ives joined Hendrick Motorsports as a mechanic in 2004 before moving into an engineering role on the #48 team in 2006. In seven years working with Knaus, he contributed to 42 wins, 113 top-five finishes and 21 pole positions in the Sprint Cup Series. In November 2012, Ives transitioned to JR Motorsports as crew chief for driver Regan Smith. The duo won two races and finished third in points in 2013 before Ives was named Elliott's crew chief prior to this season. JR Motorsports works closely with Hendrick Motorsports and is owned by Earnhardt in partnership with Rick Hendrick.(HMS)(7-30-2014)