PDA

View Full Version : Can u remember mechanics turning their backs?

somebodyelse
24th April 2014, 13:07
There was an F1 race maybe two or three years ago, where a driver got a drive-thru penalty. When they went through the pits, the mechanics for the impeded team either just stood and stared at the driver , or maybe collectively turned their backs on him as he drove through.
Anyone remember who when and why? I'd like to see that on video.

rjbetty
25th April 2014, 03:12
Well hello there newbie. :)

Unfortunately I don't have a clue about this one but hopefully somebodyelse [see what I did?] can help.

Guuuuuuuuuuys? Where are you all?

Tazio
25th April 2014, 04:54
That's an easy one dawg!! Just skip to.......Uhmmmm...... the beginning, yeah that's it ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ivx8iptGpI4 :uhoh: :angel: :dork:

steveaki13
25th April 2014, 08:15
Well hello there newbie. :)

Unfortunately I don't have a clue about this one but hopefully somebodyelse [see what I did?] can help.

Guuuuuuuuuuys? Where are you all?

:wave:

somebodyelse
26th April 2014, 13:50
Hey Tazio, thanks for the suggestion but don't think it's right.
The drive-through penalty for Vettel in Spain 2012 was for not slowing down under a yellow flag, which wasn't detrimental to any specific driver.

The incident I am trying to recall, is one where a driver's action hampered or affected another driver/team. That is why the mechanics from the affected team lined up and either stood silently and stared as he drove through, or perhaps turned their backs on him. My feeling is that it was just them silently staring as he went by. I'm not sure if it was caught on camera or not - I only learned of it from the race commentators briefly mentioning it as having happened, and it was either Sky Broadcasting or possibly the BBC commentary I heard. I suspect it was either Red Bull or McLaren mechanics, but that may be my memory playing games!

Further suggestions invited - it's great watching old races trying to find this. Thanks all...

Tazio
26th April 2014, 16:24
:stareup: Maybe you're referring to this! :confused:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CduA0TULnow

Not Rossberg?
:sailor: Sorrrrrrrrry ;)

Whyzars
27th April 2014, 13:05
The incident I am trying to recall, is one where a driver's action hampered or affected another driver/team. That is why the mechanics from the affected team lined up and either stood silently and stared as he drove through, or perhaps turned their backs on him. My feeling is that it was just them silently staring as he went by. I'm not sure if it was caught on camera or not - I only learned of it from the race commentators briefly mentioning it as having happened, and it was either Sky Broadcasting or possibly the BBC commentary I heard. I suspect it was either Red Bull or McLaren mechanics, but that may be my memory playing games!

Further suggestions invited - it's great watching old races trying to find this. Thanks all...

I'm thinking that there have only been a couple of drivers who could raise that sort of ire in opposing teams and I'm narrowing it down to one realistically - my all time favourite driver.

I'm thinking that there was an incident between Michael and either Damon Hill or Jacques Villeneuve that resulted in Michaels drive through penalty being watched by the Williams pit crew glaring daggers at Michael.

I am most likely wrong about the players but this has actually got me thinking and I would go so far as to say it did happen but I can't put my finger on when/who...

Edit: (Ignore this. I just re-read that you are looking for a more recent incident. Apologies.)

Tazio
28th April 2014, 07:16
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zWXydEmotw ;) :dork: :angel:

N. Jones
28th April 2014, 14:41
I remember the screens Ferrari put up a few years ago at a GP.