PDA

View Full Version : China: Driver of the Race

steveaki13
20th April 2014, 09:26
Get your votes in.

N4D13
20th April 2014, 09:40
Everyone in the top 4 gets it for me. It's hard to single anyone out. Perhaps Alonso and Ricciardo did a bit more than was expected of them, but it's difficult to know.

dj_bytedisaster
20th April 2014, 09:41
Got to be Alonso. That start was insane and then keeping it. If your car isn't silver 3rd is the best you can achieve and he did.

Koz
20th April 2014, 09:45
Really nothing special... Maldonado for not crashing into anyone?

Hamilton for spraying the girls :D

Robinho
20th April 2014, 09:55
Alonso and Ricciardo, but noone excelled - Hamilton did everything expected, which was brilliant, but not really worthy of DOTD IMO

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

steveaki13
20th April 2014, 10:00
Driver of the Day: Alonso - He had a brilliant start and what a drive. 3rd for a Ferrari and 45 seconds clear of Kimi is amazing. Stunning drive by him.

Other mentions:
Nico Rosberg - Nice recovery in a fast car.

Daniel Ricciardo - Another mature drive and once again beat Vettel. Cant ask for much more.

Lewis Hamilton - Just because he won. Otherwise I didn't think it was a great drive really. Cruised and went off in Turn 5 or 6.

Kyvat - Another decent race ahead of Vergne and the McLaren's to score a point.

Grosjean - I thought he did a great job in staying around the top 10 in that Lotus. Shame he had to retire.

Tazio
20th April 2014, 10:00
I think I'll give it to Fred, he finished just under 1 minute ahead of kimi who I thought drove a decent race. Actually all 4 of the top runners drove very well, and The Boss made it look very easy

longisland
20th April 2014, 10:23
Fred followed by Nico & Daniel. However, the driver of the while week has to go to Lewis. He was miles ahead of everyone in qualifying in extreme wet condition.

Mia 01
20th April 2014, 10:25
Have to give it to Fernando today.

Also very good, Daniel Ricciardo.

Whyzars
20th April 2014, 10:33
If you rate the driver by the result of their team mate than DOTD has to be Alonso.

A remarkable performance and one that will have something being scratched in regards Kimi.

Ranger
20th April 2014, 10:42
Fernando Alonso.

Beat the more fancied Red Bulls to third, and nearly an entire minute in front of Raikkonen.

Honourable mentions for Ricciardo and Kvyat.

A FONDO
20th April 2014, 16:24
Daniel Ricciardo - Another mature drive and once again beat Vettel. Cant ask for much more. .

+1

N. Jones
21st April 2014, 00:38
Alonso, who else?

zako85
21st April 2014, 03:01
Hamilton and Alonso.

truefan72
21st April 2014, 03:15
Alonso had an almighty drive
Hamilton was faultless
Hulkenberg again, doing a superb job, ( if someone told me that after 4 races he would be 4th in the WDC I would have lost that bet)
Kyviat Doing a good job yet again
Honorable mention to Kobayashi who fought hard and made a penultimate corner of the race pass...for it not to be seen and worse yet, wiped out

BTW.the world feed needs to figure out that showing the race winner on his cooldown lap is less important that showing exciting fights to the finish. As soon as the winner crosses the line, they can cut to the exciting battles and always come back to the winner later in that lap

easy rider
21st April 2014, 04:29
I'm happy that Lewis managed his hat trick win, in a splendid manner, but I have to go for.....Alonso.

Storm
21st April 2014, 05:55
Alonso

Hamilton drove very well (with a slight mistake in one corner) and Ricciardo had a good race too.

steveaki13
21st April 2014, 09:08
Hamilton was faultless

He was good but not faultless. He ran wide off the track down the hill. If gravel was there he would have been in trouble.

Faultless means no mistakes and he made a mistake.

BTW.the world feed needs to figure out that showing the race winner on his cooldown lap is less important that showing exciting fights to the finish. As soon as the winner crosses the line, they can cut to the exciting battles and always come back to the winner later in that lap

Couldn't agree more with this though. Instead of seeing the winner waving to each marshall what about seeing some action or at least the cars racing over the finish line.

henners88
21st April 2014, 10:06
A good race by Hamilton and he's showing he has the head to win in a superior car. Alonso was my driver of the race though and Ricciardo once again stamped his mark at Red Bull. I'm not totally convinced Vettel let him through but that's by the by. A good race by Lewis, Fernando and Daniel, although far from the thriller we had in Bahrain.

anfield5
21st April 2014, 21:14
Hard to pick, nearly everyone. Hamilton was faultless again, but in that car my mum could win. Rosberg drove well considering he had such a bad start. If this was because he had to do it himself, then all teams should have to do without telemetry and pit wall interference.

I would either vote for Ricciardo for comprehensively out gunning Vettel again or Alonso for dragging Clifford (big red dog) around to third place - what an incredible first lap!

Australia and to an extent NZ are being told that Vettel refused to give way to Ricci and he is being set up as the devil incarnate by the media. Shame they didn't actually watch the race and see him move off the racing line into turn one so Daniel could drive by.

Mekola
21st April 2014, 23:12
Hamilton, no doubt.

driveace
22nd April 2014, 20:36
Hamilton ,Rosberg,Alonso and Ricardo were all good Alonso for dragging a car to 3rd where Kimi struggled,and nice to nominate it to Stephano too .Nico for getting up to 2nd after a bad start,and Lewis for controlling the race from the front .