PDA

View Full Version : X2 Points rethink...

tjoepie
10th April 2014, 21:48
That they're considering it is the best news I've heard all week. The current situation means all races are equal but some are more equal than others.

steveaki13
10th April 2014, 23:14
I really hope they cancel this stupid idea

journeyman racer
10th April 2014, 23:33
They thought the idea was so good, they're going to implement it for all races.

truefan72
11th April 2014, 00:29
i hope this idea goes the way of the 6 wheeled car

dj_bytedisaster
11th April 2014, 01:52
For this year it's academic anyways, since Merc will have sealed the deal by Monza. I'm gonna piss myself laughing when they clinch the title 5 or more races from home.

Tazio
11th April 2014, 01:58
An embarrassment to F1, I hated the idea from the get go!

Koz
11th April 2014, 02:31
So what does Bernie get in return for cancelling it?

Doc Austin
11th April 2014, 02:37
It was a dumb rule to start with but if they change rules in the middle of the season they will lose all credibility.

I say leave it alone for now and figure out something better for next year.

anfield5
11th April 2014, 02:47
They thought the idea was so good, they're going to implement it for all races.

Yes but they are only going to award half of the origional points value before doubling

steveaki13
11th April 2014, 10:38
For this year it's academic anyways, since Merc will have sealed the deal by Monza. I'm gonna piss myself laughing when they clinch the title 5 or more races from home.

why?

Wouldn't you be sad?

Tazio
11th April 2014, 14:16
why?

Wouldn't you be sad?
I think there is a good chance that the X2 points may serve no other purpose this year than to provide the most lopsided WCC in F1 history, In that regard it is worth a laugh to me as I appreciate gallows humor. :dozey:

Bagwan
11th April 2014, 15:17
I think there is a good chance that the X2 points may serve no other purpose this year than to provide the most lopsided WCC in F1 history, In that regard it is worth a laugh to me as I appreciate gallows humor. :dozey:

Edit that sig , Dawg , or Flip might get pouty because you couldn't spell his name .

Tazio
11th April 2014, 15:33
Edit that sig , Dawg , or Flip might get pouty because you couldn't spell his name .
Sorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry :dog: ;)

Mia 01
12th April 2014, 00:00
They dont like the double points in the last race, nothing curious with that when you for the moment got the momentum, for the moment!

Thing use to change.

MacFeegle
12th April 2014, 10:25
It was a dumb rule to start with but if they change rules in the middle of the season they will lose all credibility.

You can not make love to a virgin twice.

dj_bytedisaster
12th April 2014, 12:58
You can not make love to a virgin twice.

I did. It just wasn't the same virgin ;)

dj_bytedisaster
12th April 2014, 13:00
They dont like the double points in the last race, nothing curious with that when you for the moment got the momentum, for the moment!

Thing use to change.

I'll probably kill myself laughing if RB outdevelops the lot again in the second half and wins the title because of the double points rule, which was created to pummel them. :D

Warriwa
15th April 2014, 05:28
Not without that beautiful Mercedes engine.

henners88
15th April 2014, 08:07
I'll probably kill myself laughing if RB outdevelops the lot again in the second half and wins the title because of the double points rule, which was created to pummel them. :D
The rule wasn't created to pummel Red Bull solely. It was created to make the last round of the championship more open and reduce the chance of a driver and team winning the World Championship 4 or 5 races before the end of the season. Mercedes are in the same position this season in terms of technological advantage, but they are more likely to have two drivers capable of challenging each other until the end. I don't agree with double points in any capacity as I think it could possibly reward a driver who possibly doesn't deserve to win, but its a gamble whoever takes advantage of it. We could be in for a close fight this year between the Merc drivers only for it to be blown apart by an anticlimactic end.