PDA

View Full Version : Motorcycle Legend joins JR Motorsport

RaikkonenRules
13th April 2007, 13:28
Just weeks after Supercross champion Ricky Carmichael's stock-car debut, longtime rival Jeremy McGrath has now entered the arena with JR Motorsports.

A seven-time Supercross champion and touted as the most popular motorcycle racer of all time, McGrath inked a deal with Dale Earnhardt Jr. to run 10 late-model races.

nascar.com

Mark in Oshawa
15th April 2007, 04:38
You would almost think motorcycle guys would want to go offroad racing or rallying like Travis Pastrana, but apparently the lure of NASCAR's big money and media attention is a tough thing to turn down. Espeically since motocross guys usually turn out to have a talent for racing cars....funny, cant see the NASCAR guys racing motocross!! Well, Jimmie Johnson excepted...

cgs
16th April 2007, 13:56
well Robby Gordon and Greg Biffle have dune buggies. thats kind of similar

RaceFanStan
19th April 2007, 00:45
...funny, cant see the NASCAR guys racing motocross!! Well, Jimmie Johnson excepted...
Jimmie Johnson can't ride in a golf cart, heck he would kill himself on a motorcycle ! http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g202/gr8link/orn/00.gif

harvick#1
19th April 2007, 01:17
oh great more yellow flags on the rise :rolleyes: :p :

Haulin'AssAndTurnin Left
19th April 2007, 10:32
Now if im a owner i would be looking for a "Stock car driver" i really dont understand why you would hire one of these guys. like when rumours were going round that Rossi was gonna drive for Ferrari, give me a break.

Sparky1329
19th April 2007, 17:42
well Robby Gordon and Greg Biffle have dune buggies. thats kind of similar

Robby was motocross racing when he was seven years old. He switched to off-road racing at the age of 15.

Erki
19th April 2007, 18:34
I read that Joe Nemechek also started in motocross.

RaceFanStan
19th April 2007, 19:29
I can understand motocross riders wanting to switch to something where they can sit down & race ...
standing on pegs with a constantly changing surface has to take a toll on the legs & back ...
Jeremy McGrath faces a steep learning curve, it is good that he is starting in the late-models ...
he can see if he has what it takes to climb the stockcar ladder. :D
The sponsor will be Monstor Energy Drink. :s hock:

FYI: Jeremy McGrath is now 35 & retired from motorcross racing after the 2003 season
McGrath is a 7-time supercross champion & won 74 - 250cc main events
McGrath also has a Playstation Game (Supercross World) attributed to his career

Sparky1329
19th April 2007, 22:37
I read that Joe Nemechek also started in motocross.

I know his son is into motocross in a big way. Not sure about Joe. Scott Riggs was also a two-wheel guy.