PDA

View Full Version : Really dumb question.....but it's bugging me

POO505R
12th April 2007, 17:11
I've just made tea & coffee for everyone, but I've noticed that when you stir them the spoon makes different sounds.... when you stir the cups of tea it makes a "ding" sound, but in coffee it's a "dong" sound. Any explanations??

Will L
12th April 2007, 17:34
Could it be something to do with the volume of the drink in the cup, the usual amount of coffee (1 tbsp?) is heavier than tea aswell .... I'm probably just yapping on about random possibilities :D but they might have something to do with it .... ???

RaceFanStan
12th April 2007, 18:20
Your coffee sounds boring, my coffee talks to me, it tells me all about ..... http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g202/gr8link/orn/00.gif

Will L
12th April 2007, 21:02
Been thinking, it might be the mug itself, depends whether you use different size mugs

LotusElise
12th April 2007, 21:29
Size, thickness and volume of mug will all make a difference. Size and construction of teaspoon is also important...

LeonBrooke
13th April 2007, 08:22
I was thinking of the cup construction too. However, it could be the cries of the tea and the coffee micro-organsims.

raphael123
13th April 2007, 09:20
Oh dear, I know we all post on here, but surely we have lives as well!! lol :p

Erki
13th April 2007, 09:26
It's the little things that matter. :)

jim mcglinchey
13th April 2007, 10:30
While we're on the subject of hot beverage related mysteries, why does an electric kettle not switch itself off, unless the lid is on firmly? Anyone?

Hotbikerchic33
13th April 2007, 10:41
I've just made tea & coffee for everyone, but I've noticed that when you stir them the spoon makes different sounds.... when you stir the cups of tea it makes a "ding" sound, but in coffee it's a "dong" sound. Any explanations??

You really do need to get out more!!! :( ;) :D :p

CharlieJ
13th April 2007, 10:55
While we're on the subject of hot beverage related mysteries, why does an electric kettle not switch itself off, unless the lid is on firmly? Anyone?
Pressure switch - so it relies on the steam building up?

Maybe i should get out more too :p :

jim mcglinchey
13th April 2007, 11:16
Hang about, how can any pressue build up if theres a great hole, in the form of a pouring spout, in the top of the kettle?

CharlieJ
13th April 2007, 11:23
Hang about, how can any pressue build up if theres a great hole, in the form of a pouring spout, in the top of the kettle?
Just a thought - there must be a certain amount of pressure forcing the steam out of the spout in the first place.

Got a better suggestion? ;)

Will L
13th April 2007, 15:42
Thanks POO505R for turning us into nerds. :D

I'm starting to be bugged by it now :D

Brown, Jon Brow
13th April 2007, 15:46

I created a thread for dumb questions :D

http://btccpages.motorsportforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112527

Firstgear
13th April 2007, 16:10
I just checked my English-Spoon Dictionary.

Ding means - "this is yummy"

Dong means - "I'm dizzy & feel like puking."

CharlieJ
13th April 2007, 16:20
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: