PDA

View Full Version : Potential New Teams for 2015

steveaki13
12th February 2014, 15:33
I know no one rates Crash Net, but I was browsing around and I found this on the potential new teams trying to enter F1 for 2015.

http://www.crash.net/f1/news/200209/1/fia-to-consider-new-team-applications.html

I hope we do get a couple of new teams personally, but you really wonder how any new team will ever enter F1 ever again.

Its so expensive now that with 10 years we will only have about 4 teams. :devil:

N. Jones
12th February 2014, 20:15
Yeah, www.planet-f1.com (http://www.planet-f1.com) said the same thing.
I hope so. It would be nice to see people confident in investing in F1 again.

rjbetty
13th February 2014, 00:16
The Vauxhall Astra F1 Team remain hopeful of securing a place in F1 in 2015, but we haven't heard back from the FIA yet.

dj_bytedisaster
14th February 2014, 02:30
I'd say they were a wee bit late to the party ;)

http://thejudge13.com/2014/02/08/daily-f1-news-and-comment-saturday-8th-february-2014/#NewTeams

The Kodewa entry has been known since january. The only new bit was that FIA might actually consider them both.

Crash net is a total joke, reporting that Kolles wants to join with Stefan GP. Stefanovic is Serbian and Kolles actually heads a Romanian consortium. Guess they're just geographically challenged...

Tazio
14th February 2014, 03:29
I like the judge.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQi546UqfT4

DazzlaF1
19th February 2014, 16:14
I'd say they were a wee bit late to the party ;)

http://thejudge13.com/2014/02/08/daily-f1-news-and-comment-saturday-8th-february-2014/#NewTeams

The Kodewa entry has been known since january. The only new bit was that FIA might actually consider them both.

Crash net is a total joke, reporting that Kolles wants to join with Stefan GP. Stefanovic is Serbian and Kolles actually heads a Romanian consortium. Guess they're just geographically challenged...

The Haas proposal to me looks promising on paper, a lot of people will try and compare them to the efforts of Peter Windsor's USF1 operation but this one is different, because Gene Haas knows what hes doing, he is a man with many years of experience in engineering and race team management and on that basis, I would give his proposal some serious consideration

The Kolles/Kodewa entry is one im not so sure about, yes Kolles has some decent F1 management experience under his belt but my question is, who are these mystery Romanian backers in this consortium he's heading?

As for Stefan GP, well i think that ones a complete no-go

steveaki13
6th April 2014, 17:53
Bernie say he thinks there will be 2 new teams in F1 next season.

Of course what Bernie says isn't always reliable.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/26910511

truefan72
6th April 2014, 20:09
https://eurosport.yahoo.com/news/formula-1-ecclestone-f1-agreed-two-new-teams-102623321--f1.html

excellent news

4 more seats ( plus 2 reserve drivers) for 2015

can't wait
I bet you one will get honda engines *probably haas)
and the other a highly coveted mercedes engine and strong partnership with petronas mercedes GP
i'm calling it here first

we will also see the return of all or 2 of Senna, Buemi, and diresta (diresta with the mercedes engine), with maybe algeurasi also returning
i expect the other seats to be up for grabs, I also think hulkenberg replaces button at Mercedes, opening up that seat for Diresta to rejoin the team

steveaki13
6th April 2014, 20:38
https://eurosport.yahoo.com/news/formula-1-ecclestone-f1-agreed-two-new-teams-102623321--f1.html

excellent news

4 more seats ( plus 2 reserve drivers) for 2015

can't wait
I bet you one will get honda engines *probably haas)
and the other a highly coveted mercedes engine and strong partnership with petronas mercedes GP
i'm calling it here first

we will also see the return of all or 2 of Senna, Buemi, and diresta (diresta with the mercedes engine), with maybe algeurasi also returning
i expect the other seats to be up for grabs, I also think hulkenberg replaces button at Mercedes, opening up that seat for Diresta to rejoin the team

That is good news.

Some will say there is no point if they are not competitive, but I really hope all the current teams survive and we get a 26 car grid.

Even if they struggle early on they will provide extra racing at the back of the field.

Good news for me

steveaki13
6th April 2014, 20:39
I think rjbetty also will be happy to see a 26 car grid.

Mekola
6th April 2014, 23:01
Gene Haas' entry is well seen by Bernie, according to late reports.

Tazio
8th April 2014, 14:39
This is an intriguing suggestion, I wonder if there is anything to it?

Meanwhile the Haas Automation entry could utilise Ford branded Cosworth engines, the English firm has recently opened a new office in Detroit and developed its own power unit for the 2014 season, but refused to put it into production without a OEM partner.

steveaki13
8th April 2014, 16:36
Do we think there is any chance of 26 cars next year?

I mean Caterham could quit, Lotus and Sauber are wobbling financially.

RS
11th April 2014, 19:21
Gene Haas has confirmed his entry has been accepted. I hope it's a true American team and doesn't base itself out of the UK.

I also hope there will be another team accepted and we will have a 26 car grid next year.

AndyL
11th April 2014, 19:25
Gene Haas has confirmed his entry has been accepted. I hope it's a true American team and doesn't base itself out of the UK.

I also hope there will be another team accepted and we will have a 26 car grid next year.

I have to say I was extremely sceptical about these supposed new teams ever materialising, given how many "new" F1 teams have turned out to be either very short-lived or entirely fictional in the recent past. But you've got to respect the names behind this one.

Mia 01
11th April 2014, 23:55
Agree Andy. the development of a car thakes a year at least, that if you have an existing car to start with. Any new entrances will have to buy one of the teams on the grid this year I think.

truefan72
12th April 2014, 00:06
yup it is official

MacFeegle
12th April 2014, 11:08

Will be out of belgium most probable.

Koz
12th April 2014, 11:35
Who or what is Forza Rossa?

Tazio
12th April 2014, 15:54
yup it is official
Great news on this my 60th birthday :dork: :naked: :confused:
Mildly interesting little bit:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2026649-can-the-new-gene-haas-racing-team-succeed-in-formula-1
Hass owns the Windshear wind tunnel in NC. I would assume that they would have a major amount of their work done in the home of the brave. Where did the report that they would be bassed in Belgium come from please?
If it's true I will repeat the famous reply of Gen. Anthony McAuliffe to the German surrender ultimatum in Bastogne:

:sailor: "Nuts" :crazy:

Bagwan
12th April 2014, 17:38
Damn , yer old .
Have the happiest of days , my friend .

It's great news , but give it some time ...... and stay out of the tattoo parlour tonight .
Just think back to when you dodged that USF1 tattoo bullet the last time an American team was tried .
If Haas is shopping for motors , the red one may not be his first choice right now , either , so , your arms might clash .

It could be a good place for Flip to land when he pouts his way out of that Willy seat , as he's an American .
Granted , he's South American , but if they were to phrase it as "Southern" , it'd probably work on most of the nascar crowd .

Yup , says here the guys name is Phil Mesa , and he's runnin' fer Hoss .
It'd be a nice retirement gift . Hee hee .

steveaki13
12th April 2014, 17:43
So Haas has one entry confirmed 24 cars if no one else withdraws.

Do when have any idea about team 13?

Tazio
12th April 2014, 18:04
Damn , yer old .
Have the happiest of days , my friend .

It's great news , but give it some time ...... and stay out of the tattoo parlour tonight .
Just think back to when you dodged that USF1 tattoo bullet the last time an American team was tried .
If Haas is shopping for motors , the red one may not be his first choice right now , either , so , your arms might clash .

It could be a good place for Flip to land when he pouts his way out of that Willy seat , as he's an American .
Granted , he's South American , but if they were to phrase it as "Southern" , it'd probably work on most of the nascar crowd .

Yup , says here the guys name is Phil Mesa , and he's runnin' fer Hoss .
It'd be a nice retirement gift . Hee hee .
Thank you sir! It would be great if we scored Felipe as a pilot! :dork:

MacFeegle
13th April 2014, 12:57
I have no doubt development will happen in USA but I thought logic to run team and development out of europe as hass has big cnc base there. New drive shaft can take 15 and more hour to turn for example so why not combine 2 strengths. More me thinking out loud than any evidence. Also big F1 presence in Europe and main UK so skills there as well.

dj_bytedisaster
13th April 2014, 13:33
So Haas has one entry confirmed 24 cars if no one else withdraws.

Do when have any idea about team 13?

It's a Romanian backed entry headed by Collin Kolles - former HRT and Jordan TP.

Tazio
13th April 2014, 15:26
I have no doubt development will happen in USA but I thought logic to run team and development out of europe as hass has big cnc base there. New drive shaft can take 15 and more hour to turn for example so why not combine 2 strengths. More me thinking out loud than any evidence. Also big F1 presence in Europe and main UK so skills there as well. Good point, he is too successful to not take advantage of all of his resourses.
Gene Hass is one of my Southern California dawgs, growing up in a small community in Santa Barbara County. His Largest U.S. facility and headquarters (1,000,000 sq/ft) are also in Santa Barbara County (Oxnard) From what I've read he is very involved in the community having several charitable foundations. I'm not suggesting that he will based behind "The Golden Curtain", but it is close enough for me to drive there for F1 team promotional events that are likely to take place there if this thing pans out.

Hmmmm.... I may have to get another Tatt! ;)

steveaki13
13th April 2014, 15:38
Like it. ;)

MacFeegle
13th April 2014, 17:49
Good point, he is too successful to not take advantage of all of his resourses.
Gene Hass is one of my Southern California dawgs, growing up in a small community in Santa Barbara County. His Largest U.S. facility and headquarters (1,000,000 sq/ft) are also in Santa Barbara County (Oxnard) From what I've read he is very involved in the community having several charitable foundations. I'm not suggesting that he will based behind "The Golden Curtain", but it is close enough for me to drive there for F1 team promotional events that are likely to take place there if this thing pans out.

Hmmmm.... I may have to get another Tatt! ;)

Think they stupid if not use both base.

What is tatt and why mactamb

Tazio
13th April 2014, 21:49
Think they stupid if not use both base.

What is tatt
this is a tatt!

http://i.imgur.com/aBmAP6U.jpg (http://imgur.com/aBmAP6U)

and why mactamb

there has been speculation that you are the latest iteration of a former member Tamburello who keeps sneaking back on the forum after his banishment, no offense intended :dog: :sailor:

steveaki13
13th April 2014, 22:23
this is a tatt!

there has been speculation that you are the latest iteration of a former member Tamburello who keeps sneaking back on the forum after his banishment, no offense intended :dog: :sailor:

No offense. :D

dj_bytedisaster
14th April 2014, 01:53
this is a tatt!

Taburello did not have such an atrocious english on him as that one.

MacFeegle
15th April 2014, 08:24

No offence taken. It is a honor to be famous now :)

Tatt very funny. You lose big bet? :D

Tazio
15th April 2014, 12:43
You lose big bet? Not even dawg!

yodasarmpit
15th April 2014, 13:24
So it looks like Haas are looking to partner with Dallara to build the chassis.

"We're going to have to beg, borrow or steal whatever we can to arrive at that first race and compete.

"It's a tough decision and something we're going to have to figure out in the next few weeks.

"It won't be easy but if we say we're going to be there in 2015 that's what we'll do.

"But we'll learn and figure it out and eventually the car will evolve into our own.

"We can beat the Europeans at their own game.

Although an engine manufacturer for the Haas Formula is yet to be decided, Team Principal Gunther Steiner confirmed that talks have taken place with Mercedes ad Ferrari.

http://www.planet-f1.com/driver/18227/9266911/Haas-confirms-Dallara-talks

Reading the comment above doesn't quite fill me with confidence. HRT all over again?

steveaki13
6th July 2014, 11:00
So with the news about Caterham being sold I was wondering what the situation was for new teams into 2015.

I mean originally we had 2 new teams announced for a potential 26 cars.

The 22 now, plus 2 Haas cars and a Romanian team with Kolles?

Well now Haas is aiming at 2016. So thats 24 but then Kolles is now advising the new owners of Caterham?

So do we think it will just been the 22 cars of 2014 again in 2015 and then 24 in 2016. Or will the Romanian team have a chance?

Seems like so little news or security on these entrants considering the professional level of F1 these days.

Jag_Warrior
7th July 2014, 09:12
And maybe I've missed the rundown, but other than McLaren, who else will be running Hondas next year? Any word or speculation on that yet???

steveaki13
7th July 2014, 10:53
And maybe I've missed the rundown, but other than McLaren, who else will be running Hondas next year? Any word or speculation on that yet???

As far as I know its just Mclaren.

This is what seems to be the current situation. Please correct if I have it wrong.

Mercedes - Mercedes
Red Bull - Renault
Williams - Mercedes
Force India - Mercedes
Mclaren - Honda
Ferrari - Ferrari
Toro Rosso - TBA
Lotus - Mercedes
Sauber - Ferrari
Marussia - TBA
Caterham - Renault

I would love to see Marussia or the Caterham (whatever they become) team take a gamble on Honda Engines.

I mean surely Honda would be keen to supply another team so may do them a good deal and from Marussia/Caterham's perspective it may just throw a double six, if Honda produce a great Engine.

Of course there is a potential new team in 2015? Which could use them and Haas team in 2016, but they seem to be heading for Ferrari.

steveaki13
7th July 2014, 10:58
Just been looking around and it appears the two new teams are still theoretically on course.

Forza Rossa Racing - The Romanian entry looking at 2015 or 2016.
Haas Formula 1 - The American entry looking at 2016.

I wonder actually if either of these will make it.

Why does F1 only seem to want 24 cars rather than 26?

I mean originally they seemed to want one new team for 2015 to make 24, but excepted two as both seemed viable.

I really hope one makes it in 2015 and we have 24 cars and Haas make it in 2016 and we can manage 26 cars

airshifter
7th July 2014, 14:43
If you look closely the Haas logo is on the lower side pod of the Ferrari cars as of the British GP. By all accounts it's a done deal, and it appears that Haas will work in a partnership with Ferrari similar to the Toro Rosso/RB teams.

And mark my words, Danica Patrick is almost sure to be involved in the car in some way, due to the draw she has. I doubt she'll drive the thing, but crazier things have happened!

Rollo
7th July 2014, 15:09
Team Banana?
http://i945.photobucket.com/albums/ad297/rollo75/f1banana.jpg

Why won't someone (like Kia) give me team Banana?

Jag_Warrior
7th July 2014, 17:54
If you look closely the Haas logo is on the lower side pod of the Ferrari cars as of the British GP. By all accounts it's a done deal, and it appears that Haas will work in a partnership with Ferrari similar to the Toro Rosso/RB teams.

Yes, Gene Haas established a technical partnership with Ferrari. And IMO, that was a brilliant move. What Haas is after is the European market in automated and CNC machine tools. His is the dominant company here in North America. But in Europe and Asia, the Japanese CNC companies still dominate the market. Getting into F1 is a good move... getting into Ferrari F1 is a brilliant move.

And mark my words, Danica Patrick is almost sure to be involved in the car in some way, due to the draw she has. I doubt she'll drive the thing, but crazier things have happened!

I predict that she will wear a see-thru driving suit and sit in an F1 show car while members of the crew pull the car down the pitlane with a rope.... and a giant fan will be blowing her hair in the wind the whole time. Then the know-nothing feminist whiners from CNBC will interview her about her chances of winning the WDC, the Indy 500 and the Daytona 500 the same year. Seconds later, I will vomit in my trash can, as I often do when watching CNBC or Bloomberg these days. Faux Business News just discusses politics while they run a stock ticker... it's as big a joke as the other two, if not more so. I sure wish Reuters would start a financial news station. Oh well...

Jokes aside, I'm sure they will give her some sort of make-believe "test", that's really just a demo run/PR stunt. But Gene is smart and knows he has to be sensitive to the "girl power" gender politics currently directing the media in this country right now. It's better to say nice things about a half-talented female, rather than tell the truth (she has accomplished nothing, apart from her gender, which would put her in Formula One). By the time he gets to the grid, what will she be, 34 or 35??? Imagine a mid 30's driver, who has never won a professional road course race in her life, being in the highest form of motorsports. :rolleyes: But I think you're right: they'll find some reason to stick her little face in front of a camera.

airshifter
8th July 2014, 06:57
Yes, Gene Haas established a technical partnership with Ferrari. And IMO, that was a brilliant move. What Haas is after is the European market in automated and CNC machine tools. His is the dominant company here in North America. But in Europe and Asia, the Japanese CNC companies still dominate the market. Getting into F1 is a good move... getting into Ferrari F1 is a brilliant move.

I predict that she will wear a see-thru driving suit and sit in an F1 show car while members of the crew pull the car down the pitlane with a rope.... and a giant fan will be blowing her hair in the wind the whole time. Then the know-nothing feminist whiners from CNBC will interview her about her chances of winning the WDC, the Indy 500 and the Daytona 500 the same year. Seconds later, I will vomit in my trash can, as I often do when watching CNBC or Bloomberg these days. Faux Business News just discusses politics while they run a stock ticker... it's as big a joke as the other two, if not more so. I sure wish Reuters would start a financial news station. Oh well...

Jokes aside, I'm sure they will give her some sort of make-believe "test", that's really just a demo run/PR stunt. But Gene is smart and knows he has to be sensitive to the "girl power" gender politics currently directing the media in this country right now. It's better to say nice things about a half-talented female, rather than tell the truth (she has accomplished nothing, apart from her gender, which would put her in Formula One). By the time he gets to the grid, what will she be, 34 or 35??? Imagine a mid 30's driver, who has never won a professional road course race in her life, being in the highest form of motorsports. :rolleyes: But I think you're right: they'll find some reason to stick her little face in front of a camera.

Haas is no dummy, and I think you hit the nail on the head.

And I know Danica is going to make people vomit in the trash can, but I have to agree that she is a great publicity tool. I'm sure that will be used to full effect, and I'm sure some type of seat time would be at least a consideration for the publicity.

I'm really interested to see what direction they go for drivers. They need someone with experience to develop the car, but the current grid has a lot of young guns and the more experienced drivers seem fairly settled in.

Tazio
24th March 2016, 06:21
Speaking of women and Haas F1:

https://uk.linkedin.com/in/ruthbuscombe

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-hqHsMxq-mwE/VHY7RWFxW-I/AAAAAAAAQ58/Tjr4OA2T5-U/s1600/dms1425no160.jpg

:eek: :love:

AndyL
24th March 2016, 10:33
Is she the strategist who refused to be interviewed by Ted Kravtiz on Sunday?

Tazio
24th March 2016, 12:40
Yes she is the one!