PDA

View Full Version : WRC app

Andre Oliveira
6th February 2014, 01:28
Who downloaded the new WRC app to iOS and Android?

I have the iOS one and like, only need to have notifications to our favourite drivers times, retirements, etc... Please write on reviews to have something like ls addicts ( football live score).

https://itunes.apple.com/pt/app/wrc-off ... 42789?mt=8 (https://itunes.apple.com/pt/app/wrc-official-app-fia-world/id799442789?mt=8)

miniwintz
6th February 2014, 09:07
Hi, we started to discuss it in the "Future media coverage" thread. So far on Android, the app isn't satisfying. Radio doesn't work and results from previous years / rallies is either broken or completely absent.

makinen_fan
6th February 2014, 10:45
Does the wrc radio work for the iOS version Andre?

Is it better that an admin transfer all the posts for the "Future media coverage" in this thread and leave that one just for TV coverage. What do you think?

Andre Oliveira
6th February 2014, 11:55
Yes, radio works very well.

dupanton
6th February 2014, 12:42
Rally radio doesn't work here...

Andre Oliveira
6th February 2014, 13:35
Today have an update, but worked before.

miniwintz
7th February 2014, 10:50
OK Radio now works with 1.0.2 but you cannot have the radio in the background, when you go to see the split times the radio stops :(

thuGG
14th March 2014, 11:11
I must vent my frustration about WRC app and the whole WRC service, so here goes.
When going back from work I decided to listen to the radio over official app, seemed reasonable. Ok, click radio, click play... nothing happens. Trying to go back.. nothing happens. There is control panel in notification area but it doesn't respond and just stays there. So kill the app, try running it again same story, but the phone gets so laggy (I supose the previous instance of the app was still going) that I have to restart my phone (Galaxy S3). Ok, so no radio, let's see split times at least, run an app again, surprise surprise, there is no split times.
So I run the web browser and go to WRC.com, oh yeah they changed it recently (there's mobile version now), so split times are displayed in a tiny area and I have to scroll like crazy in this little window to see something, it's almost unreadable and I'm getting lost which sectors belongs to what driver. Great f**ing improvement. At least on old version it was displayed as normal web page, and I could zoom out a bit and have a reasonably comfortable overview.
Oh and we all know how fast the f****g timing system is.
How can you screw this on so many levels?

mejias307
4th April 2014, 16:51
Yes, radio works very well. What do you think?