PDA

View Full Version : World Rallycross Championship a.k.a RALLYX

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Eli
3rd February 2014, 10:44
Thought that this should have a forum but since I can't do it, I thought there should be at least a thread.
So from now on if you have anything concerning the World Rallycross Championship please post here.
I would like to begin this thread with the following:
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/112393

Zeakiwi
4th February 2014, 06:27
Larsson's Audi A1, Is this the first new 'dirt' Audi for a while?
http://robinlarsson.com/nyheter2011.html

MJW
4th February 2014, 08:02
Cant the moderators or whoever make a sub forum rather than putting it into WRC? After all there are sections for other type of racing, and with Peugeot now being involved in WRX, and Petter, and Ford as well it makes sense to have a sub forum for it.

N.O.T
4th February 2014, 09:29
no it doesn't... nobody will bother with the sport of the has beens...

lets keep this one and if it gets a 1000 responses when the championship starts we can have a forum.

Tom206wrc
4th February 2014, 12:12
Even with Peugeot officially involved I don't think I'll follow this championship...I prefer classic rallies :rolleyes:

A.F.F.
6th February 2014, 21:48
I see HUGE potential with World Rallycross Championship! Having followed ERC back in the 80's when it was great, it's time this great motorsport gets a worldchampion value :up:

Sulland
6th February 2014, 21:51
I see HUGE potential with World Rallycross Championship! Having followed ERC back in the 80's when it was great, it's time this great motorsport gets a worldchampion value :up:

Totally agree!

Hasselhoax
7th February 2014, 20:35
I'm really looking forward to the RX season. I think it's going to be a great show. Even as a die-hard "everything-else-but-48km-of-pure-misery=isn't rally" traditional rally fan (at least I like to think so :colour: ) I can't help to be drawn to this category.

I would love it if Solberg did well this year. Say what you want but the guy is passionate for sure. OT but WRC would need some of these guys to crack it up a bit like in the good ol' days. Like listening to RR on rally Sweden you just can't stop smiling when Henning finishes a stage.

I think Solberg and Doran have some unfinished business from last year and of course Solberg has a new engine supplier and 1 year of experience.

As for the has beens- isn't it better to round them all up in RX and maybe pave way for some fresh meat in the WRC?

Prisoner Monkeys
9th February 2014, 09:11
Just out if curiosity, how similar are the RallyX Supercars to World Rally Cars? I noticed that there is already a Supercar version of the i20, so it obviously cannot be hard to convert a car from one class to the other.

Hasselhoax
9th February 2014, 20:43
RallyX and WRC are very different. If you compare FIA appendix J art. 279 (RX) and art. 255 (WRC) then you have your good night reading in store for a good while. :crazy:

They do share some things (except for the looks).
- Both categories must use a standard engine block as base (in WRC they use standard head too).
- The WRC cars are homologated while the RX supercars have to be recognizable with a standard car regularly on sale (can of course use a FIA homologated car).
- Both WRC and RX supercars have to be based on a 4 seat, closed non-convertible type road legal car.
- Both use front and rear differentials all which have to be mechanical (Supercars can have hydraulic central diff of a non-adjustable type)

A few major differences:

WRC
The WRC cars have much less freedom on the technical side. The regulations states that:

- Up to 1.6 litre 4 cylindre turbocharged petrol engine with minumum weight
- Direct injection
- Max boost of 2.5 bar absoulte
- Max rev limit 8500 rpm
- 33mm restrictor (meaning the engines will produce 'around' 300 BHP)
- 1200 kg minimum weight
- 1820mm maximum width
- A regulated position for the centre of gravity
- Road legal with lights, number plates and so on (ask Gronholm in 2003 Rally GB if all that was necessary)

and the list goes on forever.

RALLYX supercars
- Up to 2.058 litre supercharged 4 cylinder petrol engine (2.33 litres for diesel).
-The block must derive from the same reg. trademarks original block as the cars original bodywork (If car looks like Citroen then block needs to be Citroen)
- 45mm restrictor (power around 600 BHP)
- Minimum car weight depending on engine size
- Bigger brakes than WRC cars if one wants, adjustable brake balance in-car
- Free rim size (max 18")
- Cars must have sprung suspension, other than that it's free (you can use hydropneumatic suspension if you like - cool!)
- Free positioning of water radiator(s) (eg. mounted in the rear)

The RALLYX cars have much less regulations stipulating what can and can't be done. And you have to bear in mind the fact that RX have to withstand a certain amount of bashing. So many differences between the two categories comes from that

Note when I say "free" I mean the regulations are free

Feel free to fill in here and of course expressing your fury over my so called knowledge.

Hasselhoax
9th February 2014, 20:48
Just out if curiosity, how similar are the RallyX Supercars to World Rally Cars? I noticed that there is already a Supercar version of the i20, so it obviously cannot be hard to convert a car from one class to the other.

And possibly (I'm not sure) it's easier to use an already FIA homologated car.

BleAivano
9th February 2014, 22:45
Cant the moderators or whoever make a sub forum rather than putting it into WRC? After all there are sections for other type of racing, and with Peugeot now being involved in WRX, and Petter, and Ford as well it makes sense to have a sub forum for it.

lets keep this one and if it gets a 1000 responses when the championship starts we can have a forum.

I made a suggestion for additional sub forums in December 2012:

viewtopic.php?f=93&t=156414 (http://www.motorsportforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=93&t=156414)

I know Ramona Karlsson is trying to find sponsors for a season in RallyX but IMO I don't think she'll find
enough sponsors to secure a seat for the World Championship so I think She'll have to settle for national series
or possible Euro RX championship.

Hasselhoax
9th February 2014, 23:01
In Sweden everything involving 4 wheels and an engine is regarded as a threat to the polar bears. She will get nothing...

Prisoner Monkeys
10th February 2014, 00:54
And possibly (I'm not sure) it's easier to use an already FIA homologated car.
Thanks for that. I was just surprised that they turned the i20 Supercar around so quickly. The cars are fairly tightly-packaged, so I was curious as to the scope for development.

MJW
10th February 2014, 12:46

I made a suggestion for additional sub forums in December 2012:

http://www.motorsportforums.com/viewtop ... 3&t=156414 (http://www.motorsportforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=93&t=156414)

I know Ramona Karlsson is trying to find sponsors for a season in RallyX but IMO I don't think she'll find
enough sponsors to secure a seat for the World Championship so I think She'll have to settle for national series
or possible Euro RX championship.
I was thinking NASCAR / GT racing / Dakar etc has a sub folder and it would be better for those who want to follow RX have their own sub forum, those like NOT wont then have to have their forum clogged up by has beens, ladyboy, village events type comments.
My own opinion is the jury is still out, but RX with the right promotion and tv and internet media could truimph over traditional rallying in attracting the new generation and sponsors, I have been told that Jost Capito is taking an interest for VW after WRC. Now if you look back at the VW way of doing things they utterly dominate then leave, look at what they did in Dakar, is their WRC presnece going to be the same? And for those who dont know it VW is providing a lot of the behind the scenes infrastructure and funding for WRC, look at the organisers cars, posters. I hear even the radio receives a subsidy :-)

MJW
10th February 2014, 12:48
Found the edit button.

Hasselhoax
10th February 2014, 13:30
@MJW

Hopefully VW sticks around for a while in WRC. Or before they leave 2-3 new manufacturers arrive and we have a good old battle royale between manufacturers. Maybe the future comes from China?

As for World RX: if it really catches on (which I for one know it did last year here in SWE - got sort of a breath of fresh air and new life) then the manufacturers like VW will go there.

I'm optimistic about it! :bounce:

PS We're on our way to 1000 posts...

BleAivano
12th February 2014, 11:02
Jaques Villeneuve to RallycrossRX?

https://twitter.com/voiceofrally/status ... 0754740226 (https://twitter.com/voiceofrally/status/433556330754740226)

Hasselhoax
13th February 2014, 10:31
Well that's a bombshell.

What former WRC/IRC drivers could be heading for RX?

vino_93
13th February 2014, 17:56
In french mag' Auto Hebdo, Andersson said he was looking for Rallycross World Championship seat.

I think Sandell is doing it too, but in USA.

Hasselhoax
14th February 2014, 07:30
Fun stuff when one living in Sweden don't get any info regarding the swedes. PG is fast and it would be great.

I hope the WRXC gets a high enough status that some of the top guys currently in the Global RX will come to it and future drivers not opting to go to the US just for the money or something stupid.

Toomas Heikkinen in WRXC in 2014. Will be better than fighting against a bicyclist, a moped rider and a tv presenter. And he fought off Foust for most part of 2013 and Foust was pretty strong in the European rounds he participated. 2+2= Heikkinen should be fast enough. I think he's a serious title contender.

Just confirmed: http://www.rallycrossrx.com/article/8310/former-f1-champion-villeneuve-commits

janvanvurpa
14th February 2014, 08:22
In Sweden everything involving 4 wheels and an engine is regarded as a threat to the polar bears. She will get nothing...

I think there no real danger to polar bears, they usually are not seen anywhere south of Upplands-Väsby and anywhere north of there is just snow and swamps anyway and isnät really part of Sweden anyway.....probably should force Norway or Finland to take it except for Kiruna could be given to Russia pga alla djävla Stalinister där uppe.. :crazy:

Now Moosies, they're under threat.....Every time one wanders into Hötorget the whole city goes crazy and the Polis have to come out and shoot the poor things. Why? The cars might hurt it.. So better kill the moose!
Dumma snuten. :disturb:

Nice moosies.

janvanvurpa
14th February 2014, 08:29
Any ex-spurts here know if there is any limit on suspension travel (dvs slag längden) allowed in rally-cross? I mean the real rally-cross, not the ''made for TV product here in Fortress Amerika.. Any firm knowledge on the travel people are using?

Getting an answer here from the genius tech-nerds is apparently impossible I was just told today from a guy who is working on a new build...He contacted me because I build rally suspension which works good enough to win events and class wins (but that would be like Debutant class in a real rally country)

Hasselhoax
14th February 2014, 09:18
Any ex-spurts here know if there is any limit on suspension travel (dvs slag längden) allowed in rally-cross? I mean the real rally-cross, not the ''made for TV product here in Fortress Amerika.. Any firm knowledge on the travel people are using?

Getting an answer here from the genius tech-nerds is apparently impossible I was just told today from a guy who is working on a new build...He contacted me because I build rally suspension which works good enough to win events and class wins (but that would be like Debutant class in a real rally country)

Have a look here and see if you find anything of use:
http://www.fia.com/sites/default/files/regulation/file/279%20%282014%29x.pdf

I can't remember reading of any specific suspension travel numbers. But in my mind you don't need to much travel because of the relatively flat circuits RX runs on in comparison with conventional rally.

You could always try to get in touch with Hansen Motorsport and see if they're willing to help you:
http://hansen-motorsport.se/contact/

Maybe this thread can give you some valuable tips:
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1080504

Good luck!

Zeakiwi
15th February 2014, 06:44

The regulations for the lower classes in rallycross in 'Europe' are likely to change.
http://rallycrossrx.com/article/8307/2w ... aw-best-of (http://rallycrossrx.com/article/8307/2wd-to-draw-best-of)

Prisoner Monkeys
17th February 2014, 01:26
I hope the WRXC gets a high enough status that some of the top guys currently in the Global RX will come to it and future drivers not opting to go to the US just for the money or something stupid.
The "World" component of the name is something that only the FIA can hand out. It recognises that category as the highest class of competition for that particular category of racing. And with it comes a certain degree of protection - the FIA will not allow a rival series to develop to the point where it can rival the designated World Championship, unless the FIA are unhappy with the existing World Championship.

When a racing championship starts up, there are rules that dictate where they can and cannot race. It is slightly different for Europe, because of the close proximity of nations, many of which do not have enough circuits to sustain a national championship. The best example I can give is V8 Supercars. Until recently, the category was limited to Australia. The organisers were allowed two overseas events, and so ran one in New Zealand and a second in Abu Dhabi in support of the Grand Prix. But we largely exhausted our selection of circuits, yet the organisers wanted to continue to grow the category. There was a race in Austin last year, and talk of variously going to Macau, Korea, Indonesia, the Philippines, India and Mexico. In order to do that, the organisers had to apply to the FIA for "International" status, which opened up the number of international rounds that were permitted. It was granted, but on the condition that the series did not enter Europe so as not to endanger some of the European touring car series.

The same thing has happened here: by giving the WRX a "World" status, the FIA will ensure it remains the foremost rallycross championship. The GRC might be strong in America, but it will not be allowed into Europe.

Hasselhoax
17th February 2014, 06:26
Interesting reading Prisoner Monkeys. Thanks!

Zeakiwi
17th February 2014, 21:30
The Aussie v8 Supercars have also been to China and Bahrain. The drivers don't like it so much as they only have a small airfreighted container of spares.

Mirek
17th February 2014, 21:40
Why is a rallycross topic present in rallying sub-forum? I have nothing against rallycross but it is not rallying so it shall not be here.

BleAivano
17th February 2014, 22:13
Why is a rallycross topic present in rallying sub-forum? I have nothing against rallycross but it is not rallying so it shall not be here.

There is no better place to have it since Mark doesn't seem to have more subforums.

BleAivano
17th February 2014, 22:45
the FIA will not allow a rival series to develop to the point where it can rival the designated World Championship, unless the FIA are unhappy with the existing World Championship.

Not sure I agree with this. Technically (as you say) a rivalling series can not be names "world championship".
However there is nothing stopping a rivalling series naming themselves "Global RallyX series".
I have a hard time seeing that FIM would have the legal right to forbid another series.

I know of at least similar cases, one being the BSI/FIM vs. One Sport/Fim-Europe.
The first pair is trying to prevent riders from riding in both but since most of the riders is EU citizens
and all except one of the races (3 out of 4) is in the European Union, I don't think it is legal.
The matter have yet to be decided mainly because FIM constantly is going back and forward
with the matter. First saying they will impose a ban on riders who do both then backing
from that statement saying that riders will will able to both and now again they have decided
that riders should not be allowed to do both.

The other case is between Swedish Car sports federation (SBF) and Swedish Authority konkurrensverket (http://www.kkv.se/default____218.aspx).

SBF tried to ban it's licensed members and volunteers from participating in events organized by
rivalling motorsport federation Motorsportalliansen. This ultimately went to court and the matter was
eventually decided by Marknadsdomstolen which ruled that any form of ban on the drivers or
any form of "loyalty" clauses connected to heavy fines if violated, were not legal meaning that
the drivers are free to drive for whoever/wherever/whenever they want.

Prisoner Monkeys
18th February 2014, 06:31
It is common for the governing body of a sporting discipline to have that power. They are recognised as the ruling authority around the world, and that is where the power cones from. Yes, a rival series can start up, but they will struggle to get recognition without the FIA's backing.

The Aussie v8 Supercars have also been to China and Bahrain. The drivers don't like it so much as they only have a small airfreighted container of spares.
Where they have been is not the point - *when* they went is. You will notice that they only go to a certain number of international events because of the rules set out by the FIA.

Hasselhoax
19th February 2014, 15:36
Hot dog! - Ken B to WRXC:

http://www.rallycrossrx.com/article/8317/ken-block-is-latest-star

Viking
20th February 2014, 15:02
"Volkswagen Motorsport has agreed on an exclusive three-year partnership for the FIA World Rallycross Championship with Swedish Rallycross team Marklund Motorsport. By signing the current Global Rallycross champion Toomas “Topi” Heikkinen (FIN) as their lead driver, Marklund Motorsport have impressively underlined their ambitions in the World Rallycross Championship. "

http://www.volkswagen-motorsport.com/in ... id=812&L=1 (http://www.volkswagen-motorsport.com/index.php?id=812&L=1)

MJW
20th February 2014, 18:50
I really think this thread should not be in the World Rally Championship Folder of the forum.

er88
21st February 2014, 16:38
I really think this thread should not be in the World Rally Championship Folder of the forum.

Agree fully, this sh**e needs moved from here- shove it somewhere else please.

BleAivano
21st February 2014, 18:22

What other subforum would be a better fit for it?

Formula 1? Indycar? Le Mans series? Or Perhaps Motorcycle Racing?

It does not fit in anywhere however the WRC forum is the least misfit.

er88
21st February 2014, 18:55

What other subforum would be a better fit for it?

Formula 1? Indycar? Le Mans series? Or Perhaps Motorcycle Racing?

It does not fit in anywhere however the WRC forum is the least misfit.

Granted they are all misfit but don't be so quick to label this forum the least misfit. All the other racing series have the same important main factor as Rally X (they are all wheel to wheel 'racing') whereas rally is totally different and a race against the clock if you need reminded. I hate this Rally X guff with a passion.. :laugh:

jparker
21st February 2014, 18:59
Well, I had nothing against this thread (and Rallycross as whole) being here, but just hate to hear the name Ken Block.
So, +1 for moving it.

Hasselhoax
22nd February 2014, 12:44
Sarcasm is something that's just cathing on in some parts of the world...

Please make a new subforum before more people accidentally make it here, discovers it's about that god awful redneck RX (how could they ever know? :shock: ) and has an aneurysm...

Plan9
26th February 2014, 00:22
Has Henning Solberg decided to the WRX/ERX or some WRC events in a WRC-spec Fiesta?

litifeta
26th February 2014, 09:40
I am really hoping this series is a winner

Co-driven
26th February 2014, 12:21
Has Henning Solberg decided to the WRX/ERX or some WRC events in a WRC-spec Fiesta?

A few days ago I saw an interview with Ilka Minor and she said that the plans were some more WRC events with Henning. I can't find the link now, but if I do I'll post it here.

garais22
11th March 2014, 19:19
PHOTO: Olsbergs MSE with Marcus Gronholm, Andreas Bakkerud, Reinis Nitišs testing Ford Fiesta SuperCar (560 Hp) http://www.go4speed.lv/lv/photo/rallijk ... utomasinu/ (http://www.go4speed.lv/lv/photo/rallijkross/719-reinis-nitiss-francija-aizvada-testus-ar-supercar-klases-automasinu/)

MrJan
13th March 2014, 20:23
I think that rallycross could be the 'next big thing' if it can get a bit better coverage on TV. More real and exciting than F1, not too difficult to understand and lacks a lot of the confusing parts of traditional rallying (simpletons like to know who wins). It's fast, it's loud, it's frantic and the cars are supremely powerful, evoking comparisons to Group B.

Plus for the UK market we actually have a bit of a star in Liam Doran, a guy whos dad was a famous rallycross driver back in the days when it used to be on BBC.

Plan9
16th March 2014, 01:53
I agree. With better TV coverage it could indeed be the next big thing. I think it will be interesting to see how GRC does in comparison to WRX regarding TV coverage and viewership.

litifeta
16th March 2014, 03:48
RallyX looks like way to much fun and excitement to be acceptable. Wish I could witness it.

BleAivano
18th March 2014, 18:44
Perhaps we might see Matthias Ekström and Audi at a few selected events this year?
Rumours are that new Audi RallyX cars are being built for this purpose.

http://www.vf.se/sport/bilsport/ekstrom ... ssplaner-0 (http://www.vf.se/sport/bilsport/ekstrom-om-klubbyte-och-rallycrossplaner-0)

Prisoner Monkeys
19th March 2014, 06:36
I think that rallycross could be the 'next big thing' if it can get a bit better coverage on TV.
That was one of the main reasons for giving it "World Championship" status - to boost the sport's profile.

SubaruNorway
22nd March 2014, 10:27
I agree. With better TV coverage it could indeed be the next big thing. I think it will be interesting to see how GRC does in comparison to WRX regarding TV coverage and viewership.

Petter said all events will be live on TV but i heard 8 i think earlier.

NaBUru38
27th March 2014, 00:17
Europe is complicated because each country has different television channels.

In the United States it's much easier: ESPN, Fox, NBC, CBS, MavTV, period.

In Latin America we have ESPN, Fox Sports and DirecTV.

BleAivano
1st April 2014, 10:36
Ramona Karlsson have announced that she will have a press conference tomorrow at 14.00 Swedish (CEST (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Central_European_Summer_Time#Central_European_Summ er_Time)) time.
The press conference will be aired live at Ramona Rallying Play.

http://www.ramonarallying.com/2014/03/31/onsdag-kl-14-00-slapper-ramona-arets-satsning/

Plan9
1st April 2014, 22:10
Ramona Karlsson have announced that she will have a press conference tomorrow at 14.00 Swedish (CEST (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Central_European_Summer_Time#Central_European_Summ er_Time)) time.
The press conference will be aired live at Ramona Rallying Play.

http://www.ramonarallying.com/2014/03/31/onsdag-kl-14-00-slapper-ramona-arets-satsning/

What is the jist of this? I am sorry but I am not fluent in Swedish. I hope she has a motorsport program for 2014?

BleAivano
1st April 2014, 23:17
What is the jist of this? I am sorry but I am not fluent in Swedish. I hope she has a motorsport program for 2014?

It just says what my reply said. She will have a PC tomorrow to inform us about her plans for this season.
Since it's a PC I assume she have deal done for RX in 2014 otherwise she would not send out an invite to a PC.

We'll find out more tomorrow at 14.00.

Micke_VOC
2nd April 2014, 12:57
I think Ramona will do at least a couple RX-rounds with Per Eklund-Motorsport..

BleAivano
2nd April 2014, 13:01
Her Ramona Play website now has the header "RamonaRX".

Press conference is underway at https://rrplay.solidtango.com/live/presskonferens-ramona-karlsson But it is in Swedish only.

I think Ramona will do at least a couple RX-rounds with Per Eklund-Motorsport..

Correct; Johan Ejeborg ‏@joejsvt (https://twitter.com/joejsvt) 3m (https://twitter.com/joejsvt/status/451329732328841216) Ramona Karlsson blir första tjejen i rallycross-VM. Kör SAAB uppbackad av legendaren Per Eklund.
pic.twitter.com/2zvyri4xw5 (http://t.co/2zvyri4xw5)

---

She says that she will do at least 7 races (including all 5 Euro Championship races) of the RallyX World Championship and
that she aims to do a full WC season but that she hasn't got the budget for it yet.

Micke_VOC
2nd April 2014, 13:14
Yes, that well be intresting. Eklunds Saab are a real good car.

BleAivano
2nd April 2014, 13:26
her car: (https://twitter.com/joejsvt/status/451334983333212160)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BkN2xbeIIAEJ5gX.jpg

some news links:

http://sverigesradio.se/sida/artikel.aspx?programid=93&artikel=5826585
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/113237
http://www.rallye-magazin.de/rallyes/int/nachrichten/news-detail/d/2014/04/02/karlsson-und-solberg-im-eklund-saab/

cali
2nd April 2014, 15:48
Looks quite a big car compared to the other top cars. But Eklund's cars have always been fast ;)

BleAivano
2nd April 2014, 17:37
Looks quite a big car compared to the other top cars. But Eklund's cars have always been fast ;)

It just means that it will harder for the opponents to overtake her and Henning. ;)

MrJan
2nd April 2014, 18:16
Nice to see a few more entries coming in, hopefully the Monster sponsorship can help really promote the sport...although Red Bull in WRC don't seem to be doing too well.

Hopefully booking my tickets for Lydden Hill (end of May) this week, will be my first ever rallycross event!

BleAivano
22nd April 2014, 13:00
Matthias Ekström have set up is own team in the World Rally Cross Championship.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/113507
http://www.meramotorsport.se/2014/04/18/mattias-ekstrom-tar-steget-in-i-rallycross-vm/
http://www.motorsport-total.com/rallye/news/2014/04/ekstroem-gruendet-rallycross-team-14041707.html
http://motorsportkanalen.se/mattias-ekstrom-gar-i-pappa-bengt-ekstroms-fotspar-och-lanserar-eget-rallycrossteam/

Team twitter account: https://twitter.com/EKSRX

I don't think he will be driving anything this year (he still have a contract with Audi for DTM) but maybe next year?

SubaruNorway
22nd April 2014, 18:38
Tidemand joins Ekström's team.

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=sv&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.svt.se%2Fsport%2Frallycross-vm-nasta-for-tidemand&sandbox=1

Mintexmemory
22nd April 2014, 22:53
Difficult choice, a day at Lydden or Brands Hatch for the Historic F1 / Gp 6 meeting. Does anyone know if it's possible to get close to the vehicles in the Lydden Paddock or is that only accessible to gold card customers?

Gard
24th April 2014, 10:58
It just means that it will harder for the opponents to overtake her and Henning. ;)

Henning has been in "some shops" building parts for new cars. Together With M. Schanke. so they're up to something

BleAivano
24th April 2014, 18:26
Tidemand writes on his new blog about him driving for EKS in the RallyX championship.
http://www.pontustidemand.se/rallycross-for-eks/

efe-e
30th April 2014, 22:57
as First Turkish Driver to drive a Turkey-built car in RX-Lites category in FIA World Rallycross Championship 2014 season, Yigit Timur is representing Turkey and Toksport WRT at Montalegre, Portugal.

Go Timur Go!!!

#yardirtimur

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/t1.0-9/10154166_10151989615506612_2433054828672700019_n.j pg

Fast Eddie WRC
3rd May 2014, 15:51
Anyone able to view the Live Stream on http://www.rallycrossrx.com/livestream or it it only on Sunday ?

pettersolberg29
3rd May 2014, 18:42
Only for the semis and final I believe, though in the UK the Livestream won't work.

jbmarcus21
3rd May 2014, 21:53
Timerzyanov leads after DAY1 FIA World RallycrossRX Montalegre Portugal 2014 - PHOTOS, INFOS => http://planetemarcus.com/rallycrossrx/world-rallycrossrx-montalegre-2014/

Fast Eddie WRC
3rd May 2014, 22:19
Only for the semis and final I believe, though in the UK the Livestream won't work.

OK thanks - I guess that's because its live here on Eurosport ...

pettersolberg29
4th May 2014, 00:46
OK thanks - I guess that's because its live here on Eurosport ...

Unfortunately, yes! Should be able to find a Eurosport stream online though ;)

Fast Eddie WRC
4th May 2014, 15:34
No commentay on ES ... bliss hearing those cars !! :)

Salist
4th May 2014, 15:57
Stream: http://u-peak.me/STV2.html
Try it.

pettersolberg29
4th May 2014, 17:47
I think most of you can understand how I'm feeling right now... what a win! :D

Hopefully not another 8.5 years until the next one!

nr7wave
4th May 2014, 18:19
Great stuff from Petter!

Sent fra min C6903 via Tapatalk

Rallyper
4th May 2014, 18:28
I think most of you can understand how I'm feeling right now... what a win! :D

Hopefully not another 8.5 years until the next one!

Yeah, and what shouldn´t the real Petter feel...? ;)

Sulland
4th May 2014, 18:33
Congrats to Petter and team for a victory in the first WRX round ever!! Well deserved win, and also to Bakkerud that came second today!

Petter was superb today, and won by a good margin in the final. Good start to the season, also when Timur did not reach the final at all!

http://www.rallycrossrx.com/

http://rallycross.com/

pettersolberg29
4th May 2014, 18:40
Yeah, and what shouldn´t the real Petter feel...? ;)

Based on my excitement, I'm amazed he hasn't had a heart attack! ;)

Viking
5th May 2014, 09:45
https://scontent-a-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/v/t1.0-9/10255604_10152415195417922_5686126958002619418_n.j pg?oh=bc5e2289d6d35443e47f08acb624d2f1&oe=53DFDE8A

jbmarcus21
6th May 2014, 19:39
Full Gallery [Photos] and results World RX Montalegre => http://bit.ly/1hb0J7v

Back-N-Black
6th May 2014, 21:22
Way to go Petter, Keep it up!

Andre Oliveira
7th May 2014, 22:28
Photos by Pedro Contente here (http://ewrc-results.com/foto.php?e=17444&t=RX-World-Championship-2014)

http://www.ewrc.cz/images/2014/photos/rx_world_championship_2014/pco_dsc_1003.jpg

MrJan
21st May 2014, 14:04
Great entry list, really looking forward to this weekend with 38 supercars and a host of top names, including Nelson Piquet Jnr in the Lites...be interesting to see him in a sport where rubbing panels is accepted!

http://media.rallycrossrx.com/docs/Lydden%20entry%20list%20.pdf

Lousada
21st May 2014, 19:33
Piquet jr. has already done a number of rallycross events in America with reasonable succes.

Fast Eddie WRC
21st May 2014, 21:48
'Round two of the FIA World Rallycross Championship (Great Britain) will be aired on livestream direct from Lydden Hill via www.rallycrossrx.com/livestream between the hours of 1500-1700 GMT on Sunday 25 May.

Livestream will be available for residents in the UK as a one-off due to a clash with the French Open and the Giro d’Italia on British Eurosport. The full show will be broadcast on British Eurosport at 2230 GMT later that day. '

Great news and a great follow on to the Monaco GP. :)

Allyc85
21st May 2014, 21:58
Ideal, but I really wish I was actually able to go! Instead Sunday is going to be one very lazy afternoon infront of the TV! :)

Fast Eddie WRC
25th May 2014, 16:32
Rallycross live stream on now ! http://www.rallycrossrx.com/livestream

Supercars SF & Final coming up :crazy:

Zeakiwi
26th May 2014, 00:52
The world rx will gain some momentum if these teams happen - nissan, vw works, subaru, hyundai.
http://www.racecar-engineering.com/news/four-new-manufacturers-for-world-rallycross/

MrJan
27th May 2014, 13:41
Great weekend, great event and great racing. Amazing how much action can be fitted in (nearly 50 races on Saturday :eek: ) Shame that Liam didn't do better (also a shame that on Saturday I was stood next to the Proctor team who cheered every mistake that he made) and also a pity for Petter because he seemed much quicker but just messed up the final a bit with a poor start and a stupid move on Foust. Interesting that there was a cheer when he ended up in the gravel, it seems that the rallycross fraternity don't like Petter as much as rally fans do. Hugely impressive for Andrew Jordan to step back into the sport and get a podium, especially with such strong competition.

Big shame elsewhere as Pat Doran's RS200 went up in flames and put Pat in hospital (he was back at the track on Sunday though). Fire seemed to be the in thing on the Saturday, with at least 3 other cars (including Heikkenen and Foust) catching alight.

In the other series the RX Lites was won by the amazing Mitchell De Jong, for a 16 year old to win a single make race by over a second is just stunning.

pettersolberg29
27th May 2014, 20:56
Great weekend, great event and great racing. Amazing how much action can be fitted in (nearly 50 races on Saturday :eek: ) Shame that Liam didn't do better (also a shame that on Saturday I was stood next to the Proctor team who cheered every mistake that he made) and also a pity for Petter because he seemed much quicker but just messed up the final a bit with a poor start and a stupid move on Foust. Interesting that there was a cheer when he ended up in the gravel, it seems that the rallycross fraternity don't like Petter as much as rally fans do. Hugely impressive for Andrew Jordan to step back into the sport and get a podium, especially with such strong competition.

Big shame elsewhere as Pat Doran's RS200 went up in flames and put Pat in hospital (he was back at the track on Sunday though). Fire seemed to be the in thing on the Saturday, with at least 3 other cars (including Heikkenen and Foust) catching alight.

In the other series the RX Lites was won by the amazing Mitchell De Jong, for a 16 year old to win a single make race by over a second is just stunning.

Was great wasn't it, such good viewing.

Liam is so unlikeable that I don't know many who didn't cheer his misfortune. The RX guys seem to be fans of Petter, but they also love crashes and spins and stuff! Think they're also slightly peeved he just turned up and was immediately fastest.

Jordan and Larsson were hugely impressive, both did amazingly well. Zagumenov and De Jong where great too, it's gonna be a good year!

MrJan
27th May 2014, 22:11
Liam is so unlikeable that I don't know many who didn't cheer his misfortune.

Seems a shame to me that someone who is doing such great things to get the sport recognised is widely disliked, even if he is a bit of a dick. Fair enough he's been privileged to be in the position that he is, but he's a long way from being the slowest driver in the world, something which was clear to anyone with a brain over the weekend.

My gut feel from Petter's spin was that it was more than just a cheer for someone ending up in the gravel, like you say I think that they don't like how quick he is...it was simply amazing how fast he was after he stayed on the line during one of the heats.

pettersolberg29
27th May 2014, 22:25
Seems a shame to me that someone who is doing such great things to get the sport recognised is widely disliked, even if he is a bit of a dick. Fair enough he's been privileged to be in the position that he is, but he's a long way from being the slowest driver in the world, something which was clear to anyone with a brain over the weekend.

My gut feel from Petter's spin was that it was more than just a cheer for someone ending up in the gravel, like you say I think that they don't like how quick he is...it was simply amazing how fast he was after he stayed on the line during one of the heats.

I agree - he's proved time and time again he's got the speed to win. But every sport needs a villain and he's the chosen one, and not without good reason.

Possibly, from where I was it seemed mostly excitement at the failed pass, but it's almost unreal how quick he is when he has clean air. Winning heats by 2/3s over only 4 laps is unheard of. It's almost good he's unreliable otherwise the Championship would be a bit dull!

Fred.
27th May 2014, 23:00
For my collection, and because I don't want to go on a round of Rallycross RX this year, I search a copy of personal pass (Team, Guest, VIP)...

Thanks.

pantealex
28th May 2014, 14:01
also a pity for Petter because he seemed much quicker but just messed up the final a bit with a poor start and a stupid move on Foust. Interesting that there was a cheer when he ended up in the gravel, it seems that the rallycross fraternity don't like Petter as much as rally fans do.

Fire seemed to be the in thing on the Saturday, with at least 3 other cars (including Heikkenen and Foust) catching alight.

I believe that Tanner Foust is bigger star in RX than Petter in audiences mind.

It was not Heikkinen´s car, his team mate Marklund´s Polo was on FIRE.

MrJan
28th May 2014, 14:14
I believe that Tanner Foust is bigger star in RX than Petter in audiences mind.

That's true, but I still didn't expect such a big cheer for Petter in the gravel, if anything it meant that what could have been a great battle was over...mind you I've never been one to particularly cheer the misfortune of many drivers, I reserve that for a special few.

It was not Heikkinen´s car, his team mate Marklund´s Polo was on FIRE.

Yup, spent the whole weekend getting them mixed up.

pantealex
29th May 2014, 11:01
official:
Sebastien Ogier VW Polo (Marklund Motorsport)
Loheac France 6-7.9

rage82
29th May 2014, 13:47
official:
Sebastien Ogier VW Polo (Marklund Motorsport)
Loheac France 6-7.9

Sébastien Ogier ‏@SebOgier
More
Just read the rumor about my participation in Loheac RX...��
Sorry to announce that's wrong!!
Wish you all a nice free day!

pantealex
30th May 2014, 13:39
Sébastien Ogier ‏@SebOgier
More
Just read the rumor about my participation in Loheac RX...��
Sorry to announce that's wrong!!
Wish you all a nice free day!

sorry!

but Francois Duval is doing Belgian round with VW Polo :)

rage82
30th May 2014, 14:08
You are right about Duval! ;)

Sent from my W200 using Tapatalk

MrJan
30th May 2014, 14:27
Photos from last weekend now uploaded to https://www.flickr.com/photos/mrjanyeo/sets/72157644909743512/
Only bother with the camera in practice on the Saturday, so not a huge amount. Amazing to see the suspension travel on the front as cars are putting the power down.

https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2940/14323977873_a5fa6bd3b3_c.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/nPL8zK)IMG_2994 (https://flic.kr/p/nPL8zK) by Jan Yeo (https://www.flickr.com/people/7887315@N02/), on Flickr

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3760/14303799275_ab4176c1d9_c.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/nMYHbT)IMG_3038 (https://flic.kr/p/nMYHbT) by Jan Yeo (https://www.flickr.com/people/7887315@N02/), on Flickr

https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2931/14117141368_5172e9defb_c.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/nvu3i7)IMG_3076 (https://flic.kr/p/nvu3i7) by Jan Yeo (https://www.flickr.com/people/7887315@N02/), on Flickr

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3757/14303799445_fb218a1a88_c.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/nMYHeP)IMG_3073 (https://flic.kr/p/nMYHeP) by Jan Yeo (https://www.flickr.com/people/7887315@N02/), on Flickr

Sulland
31st May 2014, 01:02
Petter and Pernilla (spotter) had in my opinion two errors last weekend. One comms error when he forgot to tale the joker, and one in the final, where he should have taken the joker on lap 1 after a poor start.

Tanner Foust is not a bigger star in europe than Petter. He is a whizzard at Gymkhana, and is doing good in WRX, but both are good for the championship!

Micke_VOC
5th June 2014, 21:23
Entries round three in Norway, 14-15 June.
http://media.rallycrossrx.com/docs/World%20RX%20of%20Norway%20entry%20list%20.pdf

Intresting with Ken Block and Team EKS with Mattias Ekstrom and Pontus Tidemand.
And Hennings Solberg son Oscar in S1600

markf8691
11th June 2014, 21:36
Does anybody know were you can watch world rallycross online like the whole show that would have been on tv and not just a couple of minutes on YouTube?

NaBUru38
19th June 2014, 17:02
Markf, where do you live? If you have an Eurosport Player account, you can watch races live online.

markf8691
29th June 2014, 02:56
Markf, where do you live? If you have an Eurosport Player account, you can watch races live online.

Live in uk subscribed to eurosport player on iPhone but can't see any rallycross videos?

N.O.T
29th June 2014, 12:57
you can try the official rallycross website. http://www.rallycrossrx.com/livestream

vino_93
30th June 2014, 09:54
what a race meeting this week end. Lot of rain, incredible track in Finland ... great victory for Foust, all depended of the start, and he did it perfectly.

jbmarcus21
12th July 2014, 23:12
My Photos from RallycrossRX Belgium http://planetemarcus.com/special-live-worldrx-belgium-mettet-2014/

wwbroe
13th July 2014, 18:06
Victory for Heikkinen (VW Polo) in Belgium, Petter Solberg taking the lead in the championship. It is remarcable that Heikkinen is allready sixth different winner this year in six races.

N.O.T
13th July 2014, 19:26
Yes, i am following the championship live thourgh eurosport and livestream this year and i must say it is exciting in a way... but when you see drivers like Ekstrom coming out of nowhere and they sweep the field like they are dead flies it really makes you question the ability of the regular competitors. It is a fun motorsport but that is that. And do not lecture me about ekstrom i am following his career way way back.

skarderud
13th July 2014, 20:01
Ekstrøm would be among the top drivers regardless of what kind of cars they use.
i think its sad he has used his best years in dtm, but he got well paid i presume.
he could be good in rallying i think. The real sport:)

Zeakiwi
14th July 2014, 09:23
Petter Solberg showed some good skills driving with the damaged suspension in the Belgium RX final.

Rallyper
14th July 2014, 09:43
Yes, i am following the championship live thourgh eurosport and livestream this year and i must say it is exciting in a way... but when you see drivers like Ekstrom coming out of nowhere and they sweep the field like they are dead flies it really makes you question the ability of the regular competitors. It is a fun motorsport but that is that. And do not lecture me about ekstrom i am following his career way way back.

OK, you haven´t done your homework then... :)
You should know by now how good allround driver Mattias Ekstrom is. Saying like you do, you even rule out Loeb and F1 Champions, because Mattias have beaten them all in ladycup competitons before.

journeyman racer
14th July 2014, 11:49
Fwiw, Ekstrom would be considered the best performed foreign driver (non- Aus/NZ) in a V8 Supercar at Bathurst, since Yvan Muller had a go in 05. He was one of the notable performance form last year. Not surprising me he's adapted to another series easily.

MrJan
14th July 2014, 14:06

Disagree. You don't beat Petter Solberg without at least being a pretty good driver.

jbmarcus21
14th July 2014, 15:45
and gallery photos day2
http://planetemarcus.com/special-live-worldrx-belgium-mettet-2014/

N.O.T
14th July 2014, 19:21
Disagree. You don't beat Petter Solberg without at least being a pretty good driver.

i am not questioning Ekstroms ability, i am questioning the ability of the rallycross drivers... when a tourist visits your sport and makes your top drivers look like garbage roaming dogs then the sport loses all credibility. I doubt Ekstrom would come to WRC in an one off and beat Ogier and Latvala.

That is the reason why i do not take rallyX seriously.

Rallyper
14th July 2014, 20:22
You have a point but when fokus gets on Ekstrom it becomes wrong. He´s not a tourist when it becomes competing in four whell vehicles. Give Ekstrom one full season in WRC and he is top three overall.

makinen_fan
14th July 2014, 20:54
Give Ekstrom one full season in WRC and he is top three overall.

I hope you are not serious about this. To find the confidence to push and win in a 6 corner track as the rallycross is one thing, pushing 100% for 300+km of unknown roads is another. It was proven twice in the last years that track guys are not suited for WRC and dont tell me that Ekstrom is 100 times better than Kimi or Kubica

N.O.T
14th July 2014, 20:57
You have a point but when fokus gets on Ekstrom it becomes wrong. He´s not a tourist when it becomes competing in four whell vehicles. Give Ekstrom one full season in WRC and he is top three overall.

yes he might be.... but in RallyX he did that and even more.... without a full season.

N.O.T
14th July 2014, 20:59
I hope you are not serious about this. To find the confidence to push and win in a 6 corner track as the rallycross is one thing, pushing 100% for 300+km of unknown roads is another. It was proven twice in the last years that track guys are not suited for WRC and dont tell me that Ekstrom is 100 times better than Kimi or Kubica

100 times no... but he is far better when it comes to rallying than the hamburger boy, and i think he would be on par with a healthy Kubica.

Rallyper
14th July 2014, 22:42

Dear mate! You have to have the whole history before saying what you say. Did you know Mattias has been rallying a WRC car in an WRC event? Have you seen him live (back then in 2002 or something dancing with his Evo IV GrN) only with a couple of rallies behind him?
You might think you can prove anything but don´t say what type of driver Mattias Ekström is before you know the big picture.

makinen_fan
15th July 2014, 01:26
I know, I looked up his record before posting, but unfortunately never got to see him live nor I followed his career ever closely. I don't doubt that he had potential as a rally driver, but restarting his rally (not rallycross) career in his late 30s and be successful is bit overoptimistic I think.
Maybe it helps that is your compatriot ;)

Rallyper
15th July 2014, 07:21
I know, I looked up his record before posting, but unfortunately never got to see him live nor I followed his career ever closely. I don't doubt that he had potential as a rally driver, but restarting his rally (not rallycross) career in his late 30s and be successful is bit overoptimistic I think.
Maybe it helps that is your compatriot ;)

Time is running. Even though I think he has a serious chance being real fast in WRC, I admit I forgot his age. For me he´s still around 25... ;)

manthey
15th July 2014, 08:34
I suppose Ekstrom is attending some races also because he has an own team, maybe he is testing :) or more over attracting sponsor

MrJan
15th July 2014, 13:44
i am not questioning Ekstroms ability, i am questioning the ability of the rallycross drivers... when a tourist visits your sport and makes your top drivers look like garbage roaming dogs then the sport loses all credibility. I doubt Ekstrom would come to WRC in an one off and beat Ogier and Latvala.

That is the reason why i do not take rallyX seriously.

I know what you were saying. But Ekstrom and Solberg are not the only two who have won races this season...ergo Bakkerud, Nitiss, Foust and Heikkinen have all beaten Solberg and, IMO are all pretty decent drivers. Are they of the class of someone like Ogier? No, but then very few people are or ever have been.

N.O.T
15th July 2014, 17:21
To put it simply... a sport is legitimate when the main participants are the best at that sport and no "outlander" can just visit their turf and ridicule them.

pettersolberg29
15th July 2014, 20:33
To put it simply... a sport is legitimate when the main participants are the best at that sport and no "outlander" can just visit their turf and ridicule them.

You keep saying 'ridicule' and the like, but Ekstrom just hooked it up on one event but has been mediocre at other times despite having a superior car.

I do understand the point though- but RX is a very different sport to most. It doesn't undermine the lead drivers' quality if wildcards can compete at the top, but just shows how unpredictable the sport is. For example, when Loeb entered in Loheac last year he was nowhere, despite being possibly the greatest motorsport driver ever! Yet a joker like Block came in and fluked his way to a podium!

N.O.T
15th July 2014, 21:35
You keep saying 'ridicule' and the like, but Ekstrom just hooked it up on one event but has been mediocre at other times despite having a superior car.

I do understand the point though- but RX is a very different sport to most. It doesn't undermine the lead drivers' quality if wildcards can compete at the top, but just shows how unpredictable the sport is. For example, when Loeb entered in Loheac last year he was nowhere, despite being possibly the greatest motorsport driver ever! Yet a joker like Block came in and fluked his way to a podium!

exactly my point... when a sport is that unpredictable it just loses credibility and it cannot be taken seriously... it is still fun to watch and exciting but you cannot really go into depth with it and become passionate about.

tommeke_B
15th July 2014, 23:04
+1

For me rallycross is mostly a show. The result is mostly decided by what happens in the first corner, and a lot is based on pure luck. There are too many factors where the driver has no influence on (for example being hit by an idiot or being held up by somebody in front of you). I don't know any proper "sport" where your opponents can accidentally ruin your results so much as in rallycross.

And on the other hand we can say it's very spectacular to watch. I've been to the European rounds in Maasmechelen a few times in the past. And last weekend I watched Mettet online. Also what the promotor is doing is simply great, the live-stream is fantastic. Let's hope Red Bull Media House learns from this, in a positive way...

stefanvv
15th July 2014, 23:17
I don't know any proper "sport" where your opponents can accidentally ruin your results so much as in rallycross.

This happens a lot in curcuit racing in general. I remember this years Le Mans when 3rd AUDI was wiped out by some GT car in the rain mess while going for a lead in the race. This must hurt lot more than few minutes race like RallyX.

Rallyper
15th July 2014, 23:19
+1

For me rallycross is mostly a show. The result is mostly decided by what happens in the first corner, and a lot is based on pure luck. There are too many factors where the driver has no influence on (for example being hit by an idiot or being held up by somebody in front of you). I don't know any proper "sport" where your opponents can accidentally ruin your results so much as in rallycross.

And on the other hand we can say it's very spectacular to watch. I've been to the European rounds in Maasmechelen a few times in the past. And last weekend I watched Mettet online. Also what the promotor is doing is simply great, the live-stream is fantastic. Let's hope Red Bull Media House learns from this, in a positive way...

Spectacular to watch and a show - nothing more. Rallying need balls in every corner in 400 K´s. That´s the difference.

Toyoda
16th July 2014, 01:44
Spectacular to watch and a show - nothing more. Rallying need balls in every corner in 400 K´s. That´s the difference.

You can't compare rallycross to rally, its dumb, they are two completely different sports with different skill sets entirely.

But with the live streaming, its proves that what could have been achieved with some descent marketing and footage in WRC.

Yes there is an element of luck, but most sports have this, I think its just great having Live streaming, and sideways action in a racing format!

Lousada
16th July 2014, 11:53
Livestreaming only works in countries were they did not sell their tv rights. For example in my country a pay per view soccer channel has bought the rights. Now I can't watch rallycross legally unless I shell out 15 euro per month. Not really a sign of great promoting in my opinion.

N.O.T
9th August 2014, 02:26
Peter won the Rx Canada, he now extends his lead over Nitiss who finished 4th in the Final...

MartijnS
9th August 2014, 02:35
Really starting to like RX. Petter was obviously the best today, nobody could get close.

N.O.T
9th August 2014, 02:57
It is a really fun sport... worth staying up to watch it and the live coverage was very good.

I still think they need to work out the points allocation system it is complicated as it is...

Rallyper
9th August 2014, 11:04
You can't compare rallycross to rally, its dumb, they are two completely different sports with different skill sets entirely.

But with the live streaming, its proves that what could have been achieved with some descent marketing and footage in WRC.

Yes there is an element of luck, but most sports have this, I think its just great having Live streaming, and sideways action in a racing format!

Not comparing, just telling the big difference. RX format though seems to be the key for many moneyintersts in WRC in the future...

Sulland
9th August 2014, 20:34
Peter won the Rx Canada, he now extends his lead over Nitiss who finished 4th in the Final...
Petter was a head above the rest in Canada.
Nitiss was lucky, he did not qualify for the final, but a paying teammate suddenly had a carissue or something, and there he was!!

The support classes need a bit more airtime in the TV show, but other than that it is exiting.

MrJan
10th August 2014, 19:16
The support classes need a bit more airtime in the TV show, but other than that it is exiting.

Agree, the RX lites in particular because those races can be amazing (they certainly were at Lydden). The single make element means that everyone is very close to each other and the racing was really tight.

N.O.T
7th September 2014, 20:45
2nd successive win for Solberg in France, the failure of Heikinen to go through the semis means that Neitis is now 2nd overall. the races were nice Hansens performance was very good up until the Final winning every hit but then Solberg had the last word. next event in 2 weeks in Germany.

MJW
7th September 2014, 20:58
2nd successive win for Solberg in France, the failure of Heikinen to go through the semis means that Neitis is now 2nd overall. the races were nice Hansens performance was very good up until the Final winning every hit but then Solberg had the last word. next event in 2 weeks in Germany.
It really was a fantastic event in Loheac. I can not believe how well the fans are treated with an open paddock easy access to drivers and the cars. Action was flat out, the competition was brilliant, and the cars - wow, so much technology.
I know there are things wrong with WRC, but believe me WRX is definitely on the up, lots of ex WRC personnel in the paddock, and serious manufacturer interest.

pettersolberg29
7th September 2014, 21:25
I am a huge fan of both WRC and WRX, and believe both can offer different things and reasons for interest. However the paddock, prices, accessibility, TV coverage and entry lists for WRX are really starting to put the WRC to shame. The raw sport of rallying is still superior in my mind, but at the moment the people behind rallycross have nailed it while the WRC is being held back in my view.

N.O.T
7th September 2014, 22:10
it is nice that WRX is popular with the little kids which fail miserably to understand how different and not connected these two sports are.

pettersolberg29
7th September 2014, 23:06
it is nice that WRX is popular with the little kids which fail miserably to understand how different and not connected these two sports are.

What a very odd response, and no need to turn offensive. I never said they were similar, but obviously there are some small connections - namely the fact the two drivers on the front row have both won WRC events. You can compare the relative merits of WRC and football even though there's no similarities, so comparing WRC and WRX is possible in spite of the differences. And on that note, surely you agree that things like ticket prices, entry lists and TV Coverage are better in WRX?

Yes, WRC is very different, but there's still lessons to learn from other sports - WRX included. Also you say it's popular with 'little kids', but remember you updated this thread first so you obviously are interested too...

N.O.T
7th September 2014, 23:08
what lessons are to be learned from a sport run on closed circuits ? Rally RX has more things in common with the ladysport of F1 rather than the WRC....

pettersolberg29
8th September 2014, 00:28
what lessons are to be learned from a sport run on closed circuits ? Rally RX has more things in common with the ladysport of F1 rather than the WRC....

3 years ago RX was a bit of a 'cult' sport, suddenly it's almost reaching the mainstream - much more than WRC does. All of that with some good strategy from the people up top and an exciting TV/online livestream availability. Perhaps nothing directly transferable, but proof that good changes can have impressive impacts in short timescales. The re-branding, the livestreaming, and the exciting entry lists (getting big names in like your favourite Mr Block, Villeneuve, Solberg etc to compliment young talents) are all things which are worth having a look at to see how ideas like this might help promote WRC. Not exactly the same necessarily, but certainly worthy of discussing.

N.O.T
8th September 2014, 01:25
all the things you mention cannot be implemented in the WRC without 10 times the cost, as for the visiting tourists they might have luck in WRX but in WRC they are eaten alive by the real drivers we have many examples over the years from the hamburger boy to kubica.

So as i said, nothing can be learned from the WRX that can affect the WRC or as much can be learned from F1... one thing is for sure both sports attract and excite girls and kids.

Toyoda
8th September 2014, 01:53
all the things you mention cannot be implemented in the WRC without 10 times the cost, as for the visiting tourists they might have luck in WRX but in WRC they are eaten alive by the real drivers we have many examples over the years from the hamburger boy to kubica.

So as i said, nothing can be learned from the WRX that can affect the WRC or as much can be learned from F1... one thing is for sure both sports attract and excite girls and kids.

I generally agree with you NOT

But I feel terms of promotion on FB, Twitter and there website, it is far superior to WRC and WRC could learn a lot

If they are going to do these live super special shoot out crappy stages then they could do some similar things like they do with the WRX track.
Analyse the stage, do a "former rally driver driver through"
Build more hype in general, and bring back the good stuff about WRC that WRX has, Accessibility and driver openness.

Not to mention the camera positions and engine sound. The engine sound is huge in the WRX footage, surround sound etc, WRC not so much...

Franky
8th September 2014, 09:29
3 years ago RX was a bit of a 'cult' sport, suddenly it's almost reaching the mainstream - much more than WRC does.

Have there been any articles about the RX audience size?

pettersolberg29
8th September 2014, 09:48

The tourists might not compete at the top (e.g. JV in WRX too) but it brings press interest, media interest and more fans to the sport. I know some people are desperate for WRC to stay in the dark ages, including me to a point, but if it's going to 'survive' in modern times then new fans and some changes are needed. Toyoda hits the nail on the head below...

I generally agree with you NOT

But I feel terms of promotion on FB, Twitter and there website, it is far superior to WRC and WRC could learn a lot

If they are going to do these live super special shoot out crappy stages then they could do some similar things like they do with the WRX track.
Analyse the stage, do a "former rally driver driver through"
Build more hype in general, and bring back the good stuff about WRC that WRX has, Accessibility and driver openness.

Not to mention the camera positions and engine sound. The engine sound is huge in the WRX footage, surround sound etc, WRC not so much...

That's exactly what can be learnt from WRX - the buzz built around it, open paddocks etc. All cheap gimmicks, but all help build a sport. Likeweise, NOT you say that TV will cost millions, but why not just have in-board cameras? We often see privateers doing that and streaming on their own website, so why not have each driver with a couple of inboard cams which people can choose to view? So many opportunities currently being missed or misused.

pettersolberg29
8th September 2014, 09:49
Have there been any articles about the RX audience size?

Not that I know of, but anecdotally as a follower of both WRX and WRC I see much more interest and buzz in WRX right now. And not just from fans - but manufacturers too!

MrJan
8th September 2014, 13:48
@NOT - You don't like Rally X, we get it. If you're not going to add anything to the thread other than to point out (yet again) that you don't like it or rate it, then don't bother. It's just tedious and only serves to annoy those of us that enjoy Rallycross as a spectacle and for enjoyment. I may prefer to watch rallying, but given the choice over paying to watch a handful of drivers on Rally GB or to watch the World RX at Lydden Hill then it's a no brainer. There are huge differences, but one is affordable and caters well to fans, the other is expensive and doesn't give a toss about fans.

N.O.T
8th September 2014, 14:18
having seen all of the RX events on livestream i doubt i do not like it, what i do not like is when people stupidly think they can compare it to rallying and even more when they say rallying should learn from it. As i said RX has a lot more in common with the ladyboy sport of F1 than rallying but people still think that having cars that look like rally cars is far more important to their eyes than the format of the races to compare it with rallying.

journeyman racer
8th September 2014, 15:18
"ladyboy sport of F1" lol

3 years ago RX was a bit of a 'cult' sport, suddenly it's almost reaching the mainstream - much more than WRC does....all things which are worth having a look at to see how ideas like this might help promote WRC. Not exactly the same necessarily, but certainly worthy of discussing.
Impossible for WRC to become mainstream.

garais22
8th September 2014, 21:36
Some nice pictures
1st day with crash: http://www.go4speed.lv/lv/photo/rallijkross/828-foto/
2nd day: http://www.go4speed.lv/lv/photo/rallijkross/832-foto-pasaules-rallijkrosa-francijas-posma-2-diena/

veeten
20th September 2014, 00:48
Hey, pino. Look who has gone over to the 'dark side'... :p

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/115938

N.O.T
21st September 2014, 15:46
another win for Solberg !!! this time by 5 thousands of a second over Ekstrom !!! He now extends his lead over Heikinen and he is a clear favourite for the title with 3 races to go.... not bad.

Sulland
21st September 2014, 18:01
Gigi Galli will drive a Olsberg Ford Supercar in the WRX round in Italy. Will be cool to have him back, and Rallycross might fit him well!

Rallyper
21st September 2014, 21:44
Just repeating what a driver Ekstrom is! RX, WRC, DTM. He can do it all in a winning style!

SubaruNorway
23rd September 2014, 21:52
Solberg close to getting a deal to lead a factory team in WRX, so that ends the WRC comeback rumors.

http://www.nrk.no/sport/solberg-kan-fa-drommeavtale-1.11948236

MrJan
24th September 2014, 13:56
Solberg close to getting a deal to lead a factory team in WRX, so that ends the WRC comeback rumors.

http://www.nrk.no/sport/solberg-kan-fa-drommeavtale-1.11948236

I think that he's enjoying WRX more than he did WRC, it's certainly more suited to his flamboyant style. Too many of the WRC teams seem like hard work to me, I look at how run down and tired that Hirvonen looks at pretty much every round and I wonder why he still does it.

SubaruNorway
24th September 2014, 19:16
A rallycross driver doesn't even do 5 % of the kilometers a rally driver does with recce and all, so of course it's more work ;)

mohit
24th September 2014, 19:23
Solberg should give it a shot at WRC for 2 years with a works team.

I think he lost confidence in WRC as, he was trying hard for that win but now his confidence is UP and surely he will be fast from the word go.

After a season or two he can get back to WRX and win there too.

Sulland
28th September 2014, 13:34
Gigi Galli 8th after day one in Italy.
http://www.rallycrossrx.com/article/8554/galli-eighth-overnight-at-#italyrx

N.O.T
28th September 2014, 15:38
Solberg should give it a shot at WRC for 2 years with a works team.

I think he lost confidence in WRC as, he was trying hard for that win but now his confidence is UP and surely he will be fast from the word go.

After a season or two he can get back to WRX and win there too.

what would be his goals in the WRC ? why he should go to a factory team ??

N.O.T
28th September 2014, 15:50
First win for the peugeot team this year, SOlberg needed second to secure the championship but the rear suspension collapsed in the final so he will be champion in Turkey.

Formaldehyde
28th September 2014, 15:54
It seems like he is world champion after all.

mohit
28th September 2014, 15:56
First win for the peugeot team this year, SOlberg needed second to secure the championship but the rear suspension collapsed in the final so he will be champion in Turkey.

SOLBERG!!!!!!!!!!!

WRRX CHAMPION kindly check the results again.

He pushed hard broke the damper but is the WRRX CHAMPION.

mohit
28th September 2014, 15:57
if SOLBERG dose not compete also in last two rounds he is first FIA WRX CHAMPION

N.O.T
28th September 2014, 17:39
During the broadcast they said that he is not, i cannot figure out how the points system works in WRX and in my opinion this is one of the problems of the sport.

Sulland
28th September 2014, 18:11
Max 30 points per race, so max 60 if Heikinen wins both with max points.
Petter is 60 points ahead, and will have won more races in the end - that is why he is champion now.

Some say he is the first driver that is world champion in two categories in FIA, but not sure.

Anyway, congratulations to Petter and team, top notch!

stefanvv
28th September 2014, 18:16
Some say he is the first driver that is world champion in two categories in FIA, but not sure.

If Indicar or Rally Raid are FIA categories, probably not.

EightGear
28th September 2014, 18:41
If Indicar or Rally Raid are FIA categories, probably not.
IndyCar isn't, I think rally raid is. Not sure.

Franky
28th September 2014, 19:11
IndyCar isn't, I think rally raid is. Not sure.

List of FIA championships - http://www.fia.com/sport/competitions

stefanvv
28th September 2014, 19:17
List of FIA championships - http://www.fia.com/sport/competitions

Yeah, that must be it - http://www.fia.com/championship/world-cup-cross-country-rallies/2014/world-cup-cross-country-rallies. In that case we have some E/WRC - Cross Country double champions.

Luijbregts
29th September 2014, 13:28
Petter is FIA ----WORLD--- Champion in 2 categories, yes. Not European, local or country FIA but --- FIA WORLD --- Champion. If Loeb f.e would win the WTCC this year he would also be a *double* category winner.

stefanvv
29th September 2014, 13:32
Ok, no problem, but he is not the first one.

Luijbregts
29th September 2014, 14:37
Ok, no problem, but he is not the first one.

Ok, so Who is FIA World champion in 2 different categories then ? I am curious myself. Has FIA made a mistake ?

Luijbregts
29th September 2014, 14:41
Source: erc24.com

The Norwegian is the first driver ever to have claimed two FIA World titles in completely different carsport disciplines.

stefanvv
29th September 2014, 15:14
Ok, so Who is FIA World champion in 2 different categories then ? I am curious myself. Has FIA made a mistake ?

Ari Vatanen - 1981 WRC/1997 CCWRC
Carlos Sainz - 1990/92 WRC/2007 CCWRC

CCWRC - http://www.fia.com/championship/world-cup-cross-country-rallies/2014/world-cup-cross-country-rallies

bassist
29th September 2014, 15:27
Well Done Petter, wonderful performance!

AndyRAC
29th September 2014, 18:29
A World Cup isn't a World Championship - there is a difference. Taking nothing away from Carlos & Ari.

stefanvv
29th September 2014, 19:10
Oh, I see. my mistake then. Didn't know what exactly they mean.

Fast Eddie WRC
4th October 2014, 22:55
Also got Petter's car now in CMR2, so can play at 'RX Championship' in Arcade-mode of this great old game... :)

Cars to download at: https://sites.google.com/site/cmr2cars/Downloads

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v282/EddieFocus/NewRXcarscopy_zpsb0794914.jpg~original

N.O.T
12th October 2014, 14:48
Bakkerud wins in Turkey, very good fight between him and Hansen. Solberg stalled his engine at the start of the final and retired.

janvanvurpa
12th October 2014, 19:14
Bakkerud wins in Turkey, very good fight between him and Hansen. Solberg stalled his engine at the start of the final and retired.

OH NOEZ ! Petter is all washed up! Just like before! Washed up, worn out, over the hill. A Has been, a quitter! OH I knew it would happen--one little problem and he crumbles!

I told you all so!

stefanvv
12th October 2014, 20:39
So where is the excitement of RallyX round if lets say You're Solberg's fan. I'm just curious...

N.O.T
12th October 2014, 21:15
So where is the excitement of RallyX round if lets say You're Solberg's fan. I'm just curious...

well he is the champion for 2014 so that brings some excitement for his fans...

stefanvv
12th October 2014, 21:20
well he is the champion for 2014 so that brings some excitement for his fans...

No, I meant in general, took Solberg just for fresh example.

N.O.T
12th October 2014, 21:28
the races are fun to watch and action packed for a track sport.

Luijbregts
13th October 2014, 10:17
Sarcasme ? JanvanVurpa ?

janvanvurpa
13th October 2014, 20:10
Sarcasme ? JanvanVurpa ?

Moi? Shirley you can't be serious!

:angel:

Arnold Triyudho Wardono
22nd October 2014, 18:12
So far, the best WorldRX new tracks are Franciacorta & Istanbul

markf8691
17th November 2014, 01:03
What model of cars are used in the RX Lites category - I know their fiestas but also some that look like fiestas but have peugeot badges?

Zeakiwi
17th November 2014, 03:32
The RX lites are a space frame vehicle with a Ford Duratec rear mounted engine. There are a few more articles around the net that have the details.
http://youtu.be/CUM42CagO3Q (RX lites) The Avitas factory in Turkey.

http://issuu.com/chelseamagazines/docs/rce_world_rallycross_championship_2 (page 31)

http://www.omse.se/?page_id=186

giu canbera
22nd January 2015, 00:29
RallyX Schedules are out!
Includes: FIA's WORLD RALLYX, REDBULL's GLobal RALLYX, STTC Scandinavian RallyX, OMSE's Scandinavian RallyX On Ice Challenge (Lites Only), British RallyX, RallyCross Euro Challenge, Australian RallyX (Lites Only).

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B7PGFb3IYAEPBNW.png

giu canbera
22nd January 2015, 00:42
On the news:

*FIA WORLD RX
-JRM expands into rallyx after buying a pair of BMW Mini RX from Prodrive!
Riku Tahko and Guerlain Chicherit should be the drivers.

-Another new team, the Team Austria. They will use 2 Fiestas (ex-OMSE cars) and will have WRC's Manfred Stohl and Max Pucher as their drivers

-Audi-Ekstrom (S1) is expected to race the whole schedule. Same for Larsson, who also runs an Audi (A1)

==================

*REDBULL GLOBAL RALLYX
-Hyundai (Veloster Turbo) pulled out. Cars are avaliable for privateers

-X Games race will not count points to the championship and its gonna be Invited-Only format.

-WRC's M-sport will deliver and support a 2 car team together with Bryan Herta/Barracuda (Nelson Piquet Jr's team last year)

Arnold Triyudho Wardono
22nd January 2015, 16:39
Maybe Frode Holte could buy the Veloster..??

giu canbera
22nd January 2015, 20:21
Maybe Frode Holte could buy the Veloster..??

I really doubt mate. I think Chris Atkinson is someone that could really rent those Hyundais from Rhys Millen, cuz he already said he WANTS to race Global RallyX.
The Veloster won two races last year. (Daytona and L.A.)

giu canbera
26th January 2015, 14:36
Ekstrom Audi team announced that Jan Marklund's son Anton is joining their team!! Anton is leaving his dad's team for this season to race with the powerfull Audi S1 QUATTRO car. Huge news!! "Shit just got real" in the rallyx community.

giu canbera
29th January 2015, 19:22
Markus Grönholm and Thomas Radström to race in the 3rd round of the Scandinavian RallyX "On Ice" series at Färjestradstravet SWE
Race 1 is on Feb7, not Feb1. (due contract problems)

dimviii
4th February 2015, 18:44
Ex-WRC driver PG Andersson gets Marklund VW drive for 2015 World RX http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/117587 … via @autosport #WorldRX

giu canbera
6th February 2015, 21:21
ALL INKL Munnich Motorsport to join WorldRX with a 2 car team program (Audi S3)
http://audi-motorsport-blog.blogspot.com.br/2015/02/world-rx-munnich-motorsport-two-car.html

Hmm.. AudiS3, AudiS1, AudiA3... its almost an AudiRallyX series lol

stefanvv
6th February 2015, 21:36
Yep, You can't see that diversity in Rallying nowadays

rallyX
8th February 2015, 12:34
The first race of swedish RallyX on Ice series on famous Höljes track won by Sebasstian Eriksson

Fast Eddie WRC
8th February 2015, 13:02
The first race of swedish RallyX on Ice series on famous Höljes track won by Sebasstian Eriksson

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSScAEbeYBM

giu canbera
8th February 2015, 20:43
rallyx.se and SVT (Swedish tv channel) will probably upload the full race this week.

Cant wait to see wheres OMSE will put Sebastian Eriksson next year. He deserves something like WorldRX or the RedBull Global RallyX.
I can realy see Patrik Sandell being moved to the Scandinavian series for Mitchel De Jong to race in the Global RallyX series.

pantealex
10th February 2015, 16:16
ALL INKL Munnich Motorsport to join WorldRX with a 2 car team program (Audi S3)
http://audi-motorsport-blog.blogspot.com.br/2015/02/world-rx-munnich-motorsport-two-car.html

Hmm.. AudiS3, AudiS1, AudiA3... its almost an AudiRallyX series lol

actually A1, S1 and S3.
no A3 yet

stefanvv
10th February 2015, 16:48
More about the Muennich project - http://www.rallycrossrx.com/article/8658/muennich-motorsport-joins-world-rx

giu canbera
11th February 2015, 02:50
Huge Increase numbers in RallyX 2014!
TV audience: +550%
Broadcast hours: +444%
The Race in Sweden registered a 3.3 million viewers around the globe (TV)

Growth on social media:
Facebook:+348% over a 12 month period.
Twitter: 202% increase in followers
Instagram: +900%
Overall, the average reach across all social media platforms per event rose from 430,000 in 2013 to 6.7 million in 2014.

Live event attendance was another success story with a 130%

Tell me about AWESOME NUMBERS eh

http://fiaworldrallycross.com/article/8665/latest-figures-reveal-huge-growth

rallyfiend
11th February 2015, 08:57
They have good growth, but I guess year 2 will the key one for them.

To give some context. their top event was watched by 3.3 million on TV. That's their peak audience.

The WRC top event in 2014 was watched 86.75 million people.

http://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/november/tv-figures/page/1922--12-12-.html

And they were both measured by the same company - Repucom - presumably using the same methods.

Franky
11th February 2015, 14:18
Huge Increase numbers in RallyX 2014!
TV audience: +550%
Broadcast hours: +444%
The Race in Sweden registered a 3.3 million viewers around the globe (TV)

Growth on social media:
Facebook:+348% over a 12 month period.
Twitter: 202% increase in followers
Instagram: +900%
Overall, the average reach across all social media platforms per event rose from 430,000 in 2013 to 6.7 million in 2014.

Live event attendance was another success story with a 130%

Tell me about AWESOME NUMBERS eh

http://fiaworldrallycross.com/article/8665/latest-figures-reveal-huge-growth

Percentages are just fancy numbers without proper context.

May I ask to what data are they comparing? Didn't the World RX start in 2014?

giu canbera
11th February 2015, 16:31
RALLYFIEND:
yeah. WRC is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY bigger than RallyX! THe series is just on its second year (talking about investments. RallyX is around since 1967).
2014 was their first Global experience. And U re right, Its all about 2015! But I think RallyX its something "unwittingly-dedicated" to atract younger fans into the Rally World. I'm 28 but I just started to follow WRC this year BECAUSE of RallyX. So I think RX could be something really positive to WRC y'know? And it could also help to bring the racing fever back to live again.

FRANKY:
Yes. Percentages are fancy, but the numbers are thrilling. Is good for them and for the Fans. I used to be an Indycar fan but I just QUIT because all of the negativity and bad numbers around it. So positive things are something great.
And I think they are comparing everything to last year's Monster Energy RallyCrossRX series. Or the so called Euro RallyCross championship.

Franky
11th February 2015, 18:55
And I think they are comparing everything to last year's Monster Energy RallyCrossRX series. Or the so called Euro RallyCross championship.

In that case the numbers don't mean anything, except to show what you can do with proper promotion. If the numbers grow in similar style compared to 2014, then there's something to be proud of.

Zeakiwi
12th February 2015, 07:36
Does anyone know if the Supercar Subaru in World RX/ Global rallycross run an inline gearbox that runs to a separate front and rear differential like the Sadev, Maktrak etc transmissions set up that is used in the Supercars or is there a KAPS that can handle the 600hp.

giu canbera
13th February 2015, 21:39
Sebastian Erikson won the first RallyX On Ice race last weekend at holjes (swe). I didnt found much on the internet about it. Hope to have some videos on the next weeks.

RIGHT NOW, the RallyX On Ice series is running on the Super Special Stage of the Swedish WRC race
You can watch live here:
http://www.expressen.se/tv/sport/live/live-tv-rally-on-ice/

IDK if they will keep the race online to watch later, ok?
They are racing on 1x1 style today. Just like the super special stage.

Gronholm is racing today. He's doing pretty well.. he's at the semi finals.. ABout to race Kev Erikson.. Andreas Erikson's son.
The other finalist is Reinis Nitis, who passed cuz Seb Erikson flipped his car haha

giu canbera
13th February 2015, 21:41
Oh! HEres some RallyX On Ice images from the first round in Holjes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cT41aDwUFJQ

giu canbera
14th February 2015, 17:20
"American" RedBull Global RallyX's Ken Block and Tanner Foust new liveries
Both will race a few rounds in WorldRX:

tbtstt
16th February 2015, 11:10
Just signed up to the forum, great to see a World Rallycross thread on here!

I'm a huge rallycross fan and was fortunate enough to make it to two World rounds last year (along with a few of the British and BTRDA Championship rounds as well). Hoping to make it to four World rounds in 2015.

After all the driver/car swapping during last years off season I wasn't expecting too many changes before this years season. Based on the press releases so far though, it looks there are already a few changes happening.

giu canbera
20th February 2015, 19:25
Theres a new racing date into the WorldRX schedule. May3-4 at Hockenheim, together with the first DTM race of it season!
They will build the track around the stadium section.

More news expected to be released by next week

rallyX
23rd February 2015, 17:49
Tanner Foust will compete in four rounds of WRX 2015 (England, Canada, France and Spain) at the wheel of VW Polo Supercar (Marklund Motorsport).

giu canbera
24th February 2015, 00:42
Tanner will be doing 3 FormulaDrift races with a 900HP VW PASSAT!!
The meeting in Germany resulted in lots of support eh!?
Beetle in GRC, Polo in WRX and Passat in FormulaD.
GoTanner

tbtstt
25th February 2015, 10:53
Not too sure if the Hockenheim round is a good thing or not, I hope it doesn't signal the end of the Estering (though I have read the Estering is guaranteed for this year and next year, so fingers crossed it stays). I'm also not keen on the idea of another temporary track but, given where it is, hopefully it will be a decent effort.

Great news on Foust, look forward to seeing him in action at Lydden and Loheac. Got my fingers crossed Block confirms some World rounds as well.

vino_93
25th February 2015, 13:14
i don't like these rounds on permanent track circuit. It's good for country which doesn't have rallycross track, as Argentina, but not for Germany. Estering is amazing, it should stay there.

jbmarcus21
25th February 2015, 18:06
Ramona Karlsson with VW Scirocco in 2015 http://planetemarcus.com/ramona-karlsson-en-vw-scirocco-rx-sur-le-worldrx-2015/

N.O.T
25th February 2015, 18:15
great news... more tourists in the show.

giu canbera
25th February 2015, 19:31
Theres more than 10 proper rallyX tracks under construction around europe. I'd rather to watch the series racing on those tracks, not on F1 tracks. But the series is Growing and its gonna be interesting anyway... AND MONEY TALKS.. So lets see how it goes with new tracks like Barcelona and Hockenheim (Plus Turkey again)
The bad thing was the drop of the Finland round. Wrong... veeeeeery wrong!

Ohh! I read that Argentina is starting its own RallyX series too! Australia will have a Lites class this year too.
RX is really Growing fast as hell

tbtstt
26th February 2015, 10:12
But the series is Growing and its gonna be interesting anyway... AND MONEY TALKS.. So lets see how it goes with new tracks like Barcelona and Hockenheim (Plus Turkey again)
Agreed. It's great to see the sport increasing in popularity, and I appreciate that there will be some events that take place because of the money. That doesn't bother me...

The bad thing was the drop of the Finland round. Wrong... veeeeeery wrong!
...but the loss of iconic tracks from the Championship does. It's a massive shame Finland won't be back in 2015.

As an aside from the World Championship, the British Rallycross Championship looks very promising for 2015. There are a number of competitive Supercars confirmed and a few drivers still to annouce their plans.

MrJan
26th February 2015, 14:01
great news... more tourists in the show.

So if you had your way in sports then the WRC would only have 3 drivers?

N.O.T
26th February 2015, 15:57
not 3, around 8-10.

i just cannot see any point posting news about nobodies without dreams or hope.

giu canbera
26th February 2015, 16:57
i just cannot see any point posting news about nobodies without dreams or hope.

I dont see any point in come in this topic just to complain that racing fans are excited about more drivers cmming to drive around the WorldRX series
Chill out mate! Keep the negativity outside motorsport. THeres already too much cmming from Indycar/F1 fans =P

N.O.T
26th February 2015, 17:00
i am afraid i cannot do that.

Fast Eddie WRC
26th February 2015, 17:48
Yeh who wants to see a great new car in RX and new driver with hopes and dreams...

https://www.fundedbyme.com/en/campaign/5395/time-for-a-female-team-in-world-rallycross/?type=r

http://www.fiaworldrallycross.com/_mediaimages/imagesource.php?image=6721.jpg&maxwidth=800

N.O.T
26th February 2015, 18:21
Yeh who wants to see a great new car in RX and new driver with hopes and dreams...

https://www.fundedbyme.com/en/campaign/5395/time-for-a-female-team-in-world-rallycross/?type=r

http://www.fiaworldrallycross.com/_mediaimages/imagesource.php?image=6721.jpg&maxwidth=800

Ramona is as useful in a car as an ashtray on a motorbike, she did an event last year and was laughable... if you want to see cars go to car museums...

but ok your nationality indicates that you should not be taken seriously when it comes to motorsport, so i forgive you.

giu canbera
26th February 2015, 18:28
N.O.T.
Why are u doing this? Cant you chill out a little?
What is so wrong in your life that you have to talk sh*t here?
Its awesome! A new car.. Ramona is a cool driver! She is living her dream! She is RACING! And we are just watching, COMPLAINING on foruns... haha Stop.. Please! PLEASE!
Dont turn this forum into those RacerMag comments sessions cuz its pointless. Its just "let me complain because I can and screew everybody"

giu canbera
26th February 2015, 18:32
btw eddie Ramona is only doing the Swedish round of the WorldRX... She will contest the EuroRX series. I think she may do well this year tbh

N.O.T
26th February 2015, 18:42
well i cannot help it... i never liked butterflies and hippies... so when people are happy with useless things it gets on my nerves.

stefanvv
26th February 2015, 18:43
N.O.T.
Why are u doing this? Cant you chill out a little?
What is so wrong in your life that you have to talk sh*t here?
Its awesome! A new car.. Ramona is a cool driver! She is living her dream! She is RACING! And we are just watching, COMPLAINING on foruns... haha Stop.. Please! PLEASE!

Why do You care? It is an open forum and everyone can write his own opinion.

giu canbera
26th February 2015, 19:13
I just... I dont understand how someone can find something to complain about SOMETHING GOOD HAPPENING in a racing series... but... OK.. let me bring more good news..

giu canbera
26th February 2015, 19:13
REBELLION TIMEPIECES (Watches) are the new Timing Partner with WorldRX
http://www.fiaworldrallycross.com/ar...s-new-world-rx

Well this means more money into RX

stefanvv
26th February 2015, 19:19
I just... I dont understand how someone can find something to complain about SOMETHING GOOD HAPPENING in a racing series... but... OK.. let me bring more good news..

I don't understand it either. With time You just learn not to care.

N.O.T
26th February 2015, 22:45

you cannot understand it because we have different standards what "GOOD" is...

AndyRAC
27th February 2015, 00:27

Simple - some people think that the WRC is the only series worth watching.....and anything else is rubbish.....

N.O.T
27th February 2015, 01:23
Simple - some people think that the WRC is the only series worth watching.....and anything else is rubbish.....

British i presume ? no surprises there...

janvanvurpa
27th February 2015, 06:12
well i cannot help it... useless things it gets on my nerves.

Oh the huge manatee....

The irony.....he writes it.
You decide.

N.O.T
27th February 2015, 11:09
Oh the huge manatee....

The irony.....he writes it.
You decide.

still in the US ? no chance returning home ?

giu canbera
27th February 2015, 13:46
If you are a RallyX fan I'd like to suggest the Stadium Super Trucks series.
Its a big trucks series created by desert racer Robby Gordon based on an old concept from the 80's by Micky Thompson.
Its the Super Truck used at last year's Race of Champions. Its pretty fun to watch.
The first race of 2015 was in Adelaide together with the V8SuperCars. I'm gonna watch it now, IDK if it was a good race but they use to race nothing but awesome action and fun on track. Hope a few here enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVvfm-WFpsY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

N.O.T
27th February 2015, 14:11
leave...