PDA

View Full Version : DMACK Fiesta Cup

Sulland
20th January 2014, 23:47
Will be interesting to see popularity btw this cup, WRC3 and JERC this year, when everybody have calculated the pros and cons and decided their choice.

Still not quite sure on the cost forma season in WRC, but this cup seems a good offer given what you get for your money.
JERC more open for different R2 cars, that open up for more owners. Advantage of DMack cup is that car is taken care of by others, so more easy logostic wise.

All in all good to have variety in choice for the youngsters!
Still some out there that have not concluded, and are looking for guidance.

What would you have chosen if you were to decide, and why?

PLuto
21st January 2014, 00:05
Will be interesting to see popularity btw this cup, WRC3 and JERC this year, when everybody have calculated the pros and cons and decided their choice.

Still not quite sure on the cost forma season in WRC, but this cup seems a good offer given what you get for your money.
JERC more open for different R2 cars, that open up for more owners. Advantage of DMack cup is that car is taken care of by others, so more easy logostic wise.

All in all good to have variety in choice for the youngsters!
Still some out there that have not concluded, and are looking for guidance.

What would you have chosen if you were to decide, and why?

After experience which I have with all championship I would choose JERC. You can use your own cars, you dont need to do all events in the series, if you are really good you can do for win only three or four events. And I think there will be the biggest competition this year.

For JWRC there is not so much info about the project yet. But with R3 cars I expect it will be much more expensive. If drivers can use their own car (this info was not officially confirmed, at least I havent found it anywhere), it will be better than previous years. Still WRC rounds with all the costs and things around are way too expensive. And I think also promotion of JWRC is not so big (I expect that JERC will be better with promotion and with work with juniors on improving their skills).

DMack Fiesta Cup, after experience with WRC Academy and JWRC, is the less important project for me. You cannot use your car, but must use cars prepared by M-Sport. Price for this project is quite high (and during the races it will be more higher when you will be paying for damaged parts of the cars). And promotion will be much less I expect...

Sulland
21st January 2014, 08:00
Yes I tend to agree, but also the DMack series is expensive with 120 000 Eur for 5 rallies, that is 24 000 per rally.

What is a normal R2 budget to drive for instance the Barum Rally?

PLuto
21st January 2014, 11:14
Yes I tend to agree, but also the DMack series is expensive with 120 000 Eur for 5 rallies, that is 24 000 per rally.

What is a normal R2 budget to drive for instance the Barum Rally?

Everything depends on lot of things - how good team you have chosen for renting, how many tyres/new tyres you want to use, how many team members is going for you (which raise expences for accomodation) etc. But lets say that normal costs for R2 on Barum should be 6000 - 8000 euro.

bluuford
21st January 2014, 14:00
The price is mostly between 30 and 40 Eur/km+entry fee. Make your own calculations.
WRC events are more expensive already due to their much higher entry fee.

WRC3 entry fee for one event is 3895 eur
WRC3 registration fee is 2500 eur (for season)
So, five events is 19475 EUR single entry fees+2500 registration =22 000 EUR season
One event is approximately 370 km (including shakedown and little testing) that is 11100-14800 EUR/event (30-40 eur/km)
5 events = 55500-74 000 EUR
Total price is 77500-96000 EUR
So, current DMack price is pretty reasonable bearing in mind the fact that winner gets pretty nice award.. but no FIA title

PLuto
21st January 2014, 16:58
So, current DMack price is pretty reasonable bearing in mind the fact that winner gets pretty nice award.. but no FIA title

After experience with WRC Academy and JWRC, you cannot stay only on this price, real costs are much higher...

bluuford
21st January 2014, 21:39
Yes indeed.. this calculation was based on the assumtion that you will never crash and break anything in the car .-)

AMSS
3rd February 2014, 13:51
Looks like a success for MW...
https://twitter.com/DMACK_Tyres/status/ ... 01/photo/1 (https://twitter.com/DMACK_Tyres/status/430320066786099201/photo/1)

Kalm
10th February 2014, 14:48
"The confirmed drivers are:

Nicolas Amiouni 24 Lebanon
Tom Cave 22 UK
Ghislain De Mevius 25 Belgium
Quentin Gilbert 24 France
Szymon Kornicki 31 Poland
Yeray Lemes 26 Canary Islands
Sander Parn 21 Estonia
Allan Popov 27 Russia
Nils Solans 21 Spain
Jose Suarez 23 Spain
Leo Urlrich 28 Canada
Max Vatanen 23 Finland "

http://www.m-sport.co.uk/m-sport-news/fiesta-r2/twelve-of-the-best-for-drive-dmack-fiesta-trophy.html

bluuford
10th February 2014, 14:57
Canary Islands became independent? ;-)
Allan has moved to Russia?

janvanvurpa
10th February 2014, 20:58
Canary Islands became independent? ;-)
Allan has moved to Russia?

And kind of how the world is now:
Leonid Ulrichich (born 2 February 1985 in Moscow, USSR) , He's born there and many say that is where the money comes from---- :erm:
But maybe he holds Canajian pass.. among others :stareup:

I would never complain ( I have raced under Canadian license in rally and motocross, Swedish licence, French National and International in 'cross, US in cross and rally...sometimes I didn't know where I come from so not complaining, Leonod says he wants to be considered Canadian, fine , why not?)

Sulland
10th February 2014, 22:52
Who were the other 12 that did not get the a place, do anyone know, or will it remain a secret?

Juha_Koo
11th February 2014, 06:19
Who were the other 12 that did not get the a place, do anyone know, or will it remain a secret?

There was some talking about Marius Aasen for example - but I don't know how certain the information is.

ironseb
11th February 2014, 12:46
it's a shame that there are only 12 places.

pantealex
13th February 2014, 13:19
all cars will be new, no old academy cars

efe-e
13th February 2014, 14:20

Sure? Because that must be M.W.'s last chance to use old academy R2's...

PLuto
13th February 2014, 16:32

Are you really sure?

giù tutto!
13th February 2014, 17:46
If these are the twelve best, how bad were the others who didn't get the chance? It would be nice to know the names.

Ok, it will be nice to see the fight between Suarez, Lemes, Gilbert, Parn and Cave, they makes sense to me. Especially nice to see Gilbert behind the wheel of Fiesta. But the others? Smells like a Pirelli Star Driver world-wide feel few years ago.

There was a good chance to get really promising young drivers and what else could be more attractive than fast drivers trying to beat each others. Now it looks like a normal politics; "healthy mix of raw talent, close competition and a real world-wide feel" WTF???

PLuto
13th February 2014, 21:52
If these are the twelve best, how bad were the others who didn't get the chance? It would be nice to know the names.

Ok, it will be nice to see the fight between Suarez, Lemes, Gilbert, Parn and Cave, they makes sense to me. Especially nice to see Gilbert behind the wheel of Fiesta. But the others? Smells like a Pirelli Star Driver world-wide feel few years ago.

There was a good chance to get really promising young drivers and what else could be more attractive than fast drivers trying to beat each others. Now it looks like a normal politics; "healthy mix of raw talent, close competition and a real world-wide feel" WTF???

Now it is private project of M-Sport and DMack. They can do what they want...

giù tutto!
14th February 2014, 07:34
Exactly! There was a perfect chance to do something more than pick up the money only. Of course it's a business, but could it be bad, if the product is better than the others? If it's more interesting than the other same kind of series for the young drivers? A risk to have a better business?

pantealex
14th February 2014, 14:35

Are you really sure?

nothing is sure before we see the cars live.

but that is what I read and it was specially mentioned that "no academy cars"
I don´t remember the source :(

Question: In- or Outside WRC3?
with WRC3 status starting positions are much better. (all P3 drivers every day before non priority drivers) but R3 cars are much fasters, so not good publicity.

Fly
4th March 2014, 11:35
From DMACK Facebook page:

Drive DMACK Fiesta Trophy Extended With New Shoot-Out Prize

Following the over-subscription of the recently announced Drive DMACK Fiesta Trophy, M-Sport and DMACK are offering an additional prize incentive to allow more drivers to compete alongside the series using Ford Fiesta R2 cars equipped with DMACK tyres.

There are a number of drivers who have been unable to secure a place in the 2014 Trophy or who would like to get experience of WRC events without committing to the full championship.

To cope with this demand, M-Sport and DMACK have created the Drive DMACK Fiesta Shoot-Out where competitors can take advantage of an affordable entry and tyre package at a subsidised rate. Drivers and teams will then be able to enter one or more of the five rounds of the Trophy in their own cars with their own team and compete alongside the championship regulars to judge their pace and gain vital experience.

Drivers will be able to take advantage of the latest generation DMACK tyres at the discounted on-event rate of €140 +vat.

At the end of each counting event, the highest finishing driver, who hasn’t been previously nominated, will go forward to the next step of the process. Once all five events have been finished and five drivers nominated, DMACK and M-Sport will then appoint up to three additional ‘wild-card’ nominations – drivers who have impressed over the course of the season but through misfortune or bad luck been unable to achieve nomination from one of the events.

The selected drivers will then be invited to M-Sport to attend an evaluation day where they will be interviewed and assessed by a panel of experts. One driver will be selected and they will win the chance to compete on one round of the 2015 FIA World Rally Championship in a Ford Fiesta R5 as part of the Drive DMACK team.

Crucially, drivers taking up this initiative will not affect the points scoring competitors in the Drive DMACK Fiesta Trophy.

With the Fiesta R2 conversion kit costing just £22,450 +vat and donor cars available all over Europe, the opportunity to compete at WRC level and pitch yourself against some of the brightest talents in global rallying just got easier.

Dick Cormack, DMACK managing director, said: “We want to try and accommodate as many drivers as possible and, by introducing the Shoot-Out, we are offering more flexibility for other crews. The Trophy is now positioned as an affordable platform for drivers aspiring to compete at WRC level and this move will open up the opportunity to more competitors while still offering a high-value prize drive.”

Malcolm Wilson OBE, M-Sport managing director, said: “The response to the Drive DMACK Fiesta Trophy has been incredible and it is very disappointing that we cannot accommodate all those that registered, but this hopefully will encourage more people to try WRC events on DMACK tyres and make sure they are fully prepared for future seasons.”

For more information on the Drive DMACK Fiesta Shoot-Out – please contact Andrew Wheatley – awheatley@m-sport.co.uk.

Sulland
21st August 2015, 21:12
What are the reports from the drivers on the 1.0 turbo engine vs the 1,6 NA?
Are they generally happy with the new one?

janvanvurpa
25th August 2015, 06:05
What are the reports from the drivers on the 1.0 turbo engine vs the 1,6 NA?
Are they generally happy with the new one?

Power: 180 PS @ 6,500 rpm.
Torque: 250 Nm @ 3,500 rpm.
1030 kgs

What's not to like..
And its only USD 200,000 for 5 events including 12,500 held on account for damage deposit
And a little 30-50 thousnad to get to the events and food and hotels..

What's not to like?
We should all sign up:rolleyes:

(elsewhere in the world I am getting called bad names because I have dared to question how big a deal it is that the American boy "had a great result finishing 4th!" and I point out it is 4th but over 23minutes behind the leader and 19 minutes behind the next guy--is that "impressive"?)

What is the point of spending a quarter million dollars to play around and finish essentially the next day?

Seriously how is that viewed over there?

Fly
1st March 2016, 15:53
Any news about this year's contenders?
I read Jon Armstrong. Who else?

Wold
1st March 2016, 17:03
Have heard that son of Henning Solberg ---> Oscar Solberg will drive

Simmi
1st March 2016, 17:31
Osian Pryce should be in line for one of the drives - and probably an early title favourite. Dmack actually have to select the drivers but I'd be amazed if Armstrong, Solberg and Pryce didn't get entries.

Shouldn't be too long until we find out.

MartijnS
1st March 2016, 18:32
No Dutch guys this year.
Gus Greensmith will drive again I think, looks like he will be with Alex Gelsomino

tolis
1st March 2016, 19:50
Osian Pryce should be in line for one of the drives - and probably an early title favourite. Dmack actually have to select the drivers but I'd be amazed if Armstrong, Solberg and Pryce didn't get entries.

Shouldn't be too long until we find out.
Why DMack will select the drivers? Is the interest so high?

Simmi
1st March 2016, 20:03
Why DMack will select the drivers? Is the interest so high?

Don't know exactly how many interested drivers they get each year. I think because you're basically buying an arrive-and-drive deal that Dmack/M-Sport have a process to ensure they get credible entrants. I think that's why anyway.

Fly
2nd March 2016, 11:39
Oscan Pryce confirmed this morning! Level up the trophy!

vino_93
4th March 2016, 22:57
I think Nicolas Ciamin from France wants to do it.

And Miguel Medina has won the Nacam Dmack Cup, so he should do the 2016 main cup.

vino_93
11th April 2016, 19:52
Kenyan driver Karan Patel will drive Drive Dmack Cup.
http://ewrc-results.com/profile.php?p=73496&t=Karan-Patel
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=686484328158422&id=243823239091202&substory_index=0

Andre Oliveira
20th April 2016, 12:56
Crews starting round one Rally de Portugal
Jon Armstrong (Northern Ireland) / Noel O’Sullivan (Ireland) Rookie
Jakub Brzeziński (Poland) / Bartłomiej Boba (Poland) Rookie
Nicolas Ciamin (France) / Thibault de la Haye (France) Rookie
Gus Greensmith (England) / Alex Gelsomino (Italy)
Karan Patel (Kenya) / Phil Hall (England) Rookie
Osian Pryce (Wales) / Dale Furniss (Wales)
Oscar Solberg (Norway) / TBA Rookie
Bernardo Sousa (Portugal) / Hugo Magalhaes (Portugal)
Dillon Van Way (USA) / Andrew Edwards (Wales) Rookie
Max Vatanen (Finland) / Jacques Julien Renucci (France)

dimviii
20th April 2016, 13:42
Oscar Solberg in entries.

pantealex
20th April 2016, 13:59
Is that former WRC2 driver Bernardo Sousa ?

TheFlyingTuga
20th April 2016, 14:27
Is that former WRC2 driver Bernardo Sousa ?

Yes it is.

Simmi
20th April 2016, 14:44
Hoping for some good battles this year. Have to admit that seeing Sousa (and also actually Vatanen) on the list caused me to raise an eyebrow but okay.

I can't claim to know all these drivers but I'd have to say Osian Pryce has to be my favourite to land the title. Hope he does.

SubaruNorway
20th April 2016, 16:59
What's the age limit?

devil's land
20th April 2016, 17:55
Sousa needs to boost his career after the horrific previous season with a bad car. It's a step behind but it could mean two forward.

Co-driven
20th April 2016, 23:29
I thought that drivers eligible to the DMack Trophy couldn't have contested WRC events in World Rally Cars before.

Maybe I'm confusing with JWRC regulations?

EstWRC
9th May 2016, 14:20
About dmack trophy http://www.drivedmack.com/battle-of-britain-expected-in-dmack-trophy

Fly
3rd July 2016, 10:15
Armstrong, Pryce and Greensmith bring a bit of hope for GB after Evans. More potential than Ingram IMHO.

Rally Power
3rd July 2016, 20:37
Armstrong, Pryce and Greensmith bring a bit of hope for GB after Evans. More potential than Ingram IMHO.

Yep, great speed from the young Brits. I imagine Sousa was a bit surprised by their pace. Interesting battles ahead!

pantealex
4th July 2016, 10:35
Pryce got 2x WRC2 appearance, next 2 outings will be offered after Finland (Poland+Finland together)

Simmi
4th July 2016, 11:01
I'm confident Pryce can do a good job in an R5 car. We already saw flashes of pace a few years ago.

I guess if he was to win the overall Dmack title those drives he's already won are overwritten by the main prize. Hopefully Armstrong gets the result he needs in Finland to get some drives too. I really can't understand why anyone would do the JWRC at the moment - especially when you consider the issues with the PSA R5s.

JUF
4th July 2016, 12:29
What´s wrong with Max Vatanen by the way? His performance in Portugal and Poland was really disappointing. I expected more after two succesful DDFT-seasons... :confused:

EightGear
4th July 2016, 12:49
What´s wrong with Max Vatanen by the way? His performance in Portugal and Poland was really disappointing. I expected more after two succesful DDFT-seasons... :confused:
I guess 'Successful' is a subjective term then.

Simmi
4th July 2016, 13:16
For me I don't think Vatanen should have been selected for DDFT this year (3 seasons is too much) - especially given he had a BRC R5 programme.

He's since turned his back on that to concentrate on the DDFT. He could be left with nothing next year, maybe the only chance is that his father is a Dmack ambassador.

EstWRC
4th July 2016, 13:47
he just hasnt got talent

pantealex
4th July 2016, 17:22
he just hasnt got talent

True.

Fly
4th July 2016, 18:41
I'm confident Pryce can do a good job in an R5 car. We already saw flashes of pace a few years ago.

I guess if he was to win the overall Dmack title those drives he's already won are overwritten by the main prize. Hopefully Armstrong gets the result he needs in Finland to get some drives too. I really can't understand why anyone would do the JWRC at the moment - especially when you consider the issues with the PSA R5s.

I heard JWRC is much more expensive than DMack Trophy.

rp
4th July 2016, 20:27

It´s weird, because he showed much better speed last year. He was clearly the fastest driver in Portugal. Also in Poland and in Finland he was able to fight with Cave and Aasen.

Now he has the experience,but no speed anymore. Anyone know how much different the Dmack tyres are this year or something else with the Fiesta R2T...?

Sulland
28th July 2016, 11:35
Proposal for the DMack Cup/JWRC to move to ERC in 2017.
Might be a good idea, at least for ERC!

Fly
30th July 2016, 09:23
Proposal for the DMack Cup/JWRC to move to ERC in 2017.
Might be a good idea, at least for ERC!

The young drivers want to drive the WRC stages.

Andre Oliveira
12th August 2016, 09:30
Bernardo Sousa don't the necessary conditions to continue... no more DDFT this year.

Simmi
12th August 2016, 15:15
Confirmation Sousa isn't doing Germany. No mention of Max Vatanen not driving which was rumoured elsewhere on the forum - http://www.drivedmack.com/dmack-fiesta-title-race-switches-to-tarmac

janvanvurpa
12th August 2016, 17:25
It seems that this "Cup" has dwindled in interest..I cannot imagine spending $200,000 to $250,000 to drive around in a little car with a little turbo 1000cc in it..
But some have. Is it actually useful---or just a mirage for rich boys to believe in?

Simmi
12th August 2016, 18:19
It seems that this "Cup" has dwindled in interest..I cannot imagine spending $200,000 to $250,000 to drive around in a little car with a little turbo 1000cc in it..
But some have. Is it actually useful---or just a mirage for rich boys to believe in?

Depends whether you win it I guess. You can't argue with the prize ladder Dmack have set up. Learn the rallies in the R2 car and then potentially win a season in WRC2 a year later. Even if you don't win the championship you can still win some R5 rounds.

I don't see this as a drop in interest. In the previous years they never got to through every round with every competitor either. But I still think it's far better than JWRC.

Andre Oliveira
12th August 2016, 18:55
Bernardo Sousa ended driver carreer. A sponsor didn't pay as promise. He is tired of searching sponsors. Will concentrate in his team BS Motorsport to support DS3 R1 at national championship.