PDA

View Full Version : Rally D'Italia Sardegna 2014

Pages : [1] 2 3

Duvel
19th January 2014, 06:17
Al info about this rally here please.
So the stages wil change from those of last years? Alghero headcourters?
Does this count for WRC2 and WRC3?

We are going for the third time in a row now, nice rally!

Franky
19th January 2014, 09:05
If I understood correctly from the post in News and Rumours, then the HQ won't be in Alghero.

Now it's OFFICIAL, the Rally Italy 2014 will not have as headquarters Alghero and the entire Riviera del Corallo, but rather the entire Gallura and Olbia.

PLuto
19th January 2014, 11:29
Does this count for WRC2 and WRC3?

All rallies are counted for WRC2 and WRC3.

pantealex
19th January 2014, 14:56
Sardinia is also part of JWRC, so should be good 2wd Citroen entry.

Motorsportfun
19th January 2014, 18:45
Wait some weeks to book hotels and flights... :bounce:

Duvel
23rd January 2014, 19:52
Strange to see that a WRC rally which takes place in only a couple of months, does not know al this things already.
Hope to here some more info soon.

OzoneVibe
25th January 2014, 17:10
Just getting things organised ... hope to be back this year.
Enjoyed 2012 so much ... and this should be a warmer time of year, too :)

Anyone know when the route will be published?

Thanks!

Salist
28th January 2014, 12:36
Here is the official website:
http://www.rallyitaliasardegna.com
But not include any fresh news. (itinerary, maps, etc.) :-(

Fly_Half
30th January 2014, 16:49
Info is seriously lacking for this event! Saw on Twitter last night that the event is now back to Alghero due to flood damage in Olbia area?

There are also conflicting dates on the event website?

Motorsportfun
31st January 2014, 20:55
Rally Guide 1 "should" be published on February 5th. But who knows? :laugh:

Hard to say, but other countries deserves a spot in the WRC, for the sake of the sport. Too many political issues behind sponsorships, etc...

Duvel
1st February 2014, 06:34
Still, this is a nice, spectator friendly rally. Hope it can stay in for a few years!
I would like to see them move to Alghero region for headcourters, but we will have to wait i guess.

Hope that Hyundai is running there 3th car by then. Neuville, Juho, and Atko seems like a good line up to mee. (although Sordo does have more expierince there of course).
Is this one on Al Quassimi's to do list?

Our flight tickets are booked, from Thursday till Sundaymorning, so 2 full rallydays! Looking forward to it.

Motorsportfun
1st February 2014, 12:20
Still, this is a nice, spectator friendly rally. Hope it can stay in for a few years!
I would like to see them move to Alghero region for headcourters, but we will have to wait i guess.

Hope that Hyundai is running there 3th car by then. Neuville, Juho, and Atko seems like a good line up to mee. (although Sordo does have more expierince there of course).
Is this one on Al Quassimi's to do list?

Our flight tickets are booked, from Thursday till Sundaymorning, so 2 full rallydays! Looking forward to it.

Sardinia's President told he wants to keep the rally in Olbia to give the €1.5 million sponsorship.

Sardinia is part of Al Qassimi's programme!

Fly_Half
3rd February 2014, 20:10
Can someone confirm the bloody date?!

Rally Twitter account: 4-8th June
Rally Website: 20-22nd June
WRC Website: 6-8th June

SHAMBLES!

jbmarcus21
3rd February 2014, 20:12
6-8 June ;)

Fly_Half
3rd February 2014, 21:20
6-8 June ;)

Merci.

Eli
5th February 2014, 11:15
do you know when it will be available to purchase tickets for the rally?

Mintexmemory
5th February 2014, 12:09

You can buy them from me - 200 euro to my Paypal account....... (Other scams are available)

No tickets, ever. It's a free to view rally!

Eli
5th February 2014, 12:27
the service park is in Olbia is that correct?

Mintexmemory
5th February 2014, 12:46
the service park is in Olbia is that correct?

It has been traditionally, but there currently appears to be confusion as to where the SP will be sited this year - I'd bet it will be Olbia, but I'd wait for confirmation just to be safe. If you are thinking about accomodation / flights then Alghero a nice airport and given the itinerary plans published so far accomodation anywhere in the North will leave you near to some part of the itinerary and far from others.

Mintexmemory
5th February 2014, 12:51
Can someone confirm the bloody date?!

Rally Twitter account: 4-8th June
Rally Website: 20-22nd June
WRC Website: 6-8th June

SHAMBLES!

Not so much of a shambles Rhod, the Rally Website is still the 2013 version so you've looked at last year's date there.
The twitter dates will take SD and Ceremonial start into the timetable, WRC site only ever shows the 3 required standard format competition days. Annoying though, when you want info and nothing is forthcoming!

Duvel
5th February 2014, 20:34
New website of 2014 edition online!
http://www.rallyitaliasardegna.com/en

MartijnS
5th February 2014, 21:01
Shit..crazy long gap between stage 10 and 12. Probably around 6 hours of nothing between the two runs and nice the 5 hour liaison for 1.3 km super special on thursday night too. :rolleyes:. :rolleyes:

Still looks like a decent timing, should be able to see a lot of stages again.

Mirek
5th February 2014, 21:16
I don't like it at all. As You said 300 km there and back for 1,3 km long stage is stupid. Also to have all stages in average maybe 15 km long and than Monte Lerno with 60 km makes it a rally of one stage. That's not good.

wrc1600
5th February 2014, 21:52
looks like service park will not be in Olbia anymore, it's about 1:45 h from Olbia to the first stage on Sunday

Motorsportfun
5th February 2014, 22:02
It's gonna be a mess. Let's say goodbye to Italy and welcome back on board to Greece.

:skull:

wrc1600
12th February 2014, 14:16
So Alghero replaces Olbia.

Fly_Half
12th February 2014, 19:34
Who the hell thought a total 600km liaison for a 1.3km mickey mouse stage would be a good idea??

Despite that, we'll be going back this year and very much looking forward to it! If anyone could share some tips for cheap accommodation in the area, I'd be much obliged!

Motorsportfun
13th February 2014, 16:22
Who the hell thought a total 600km liaison for a 1.3km mickey mouse stage would be a good idea??

Could have been worse, trust me.

Send a massive THANK YOU to FIA/Promoter/Teams, that scratched off some worst ideas they had less than 2 months ago...

Bartolbia84
13th February 2014, 20:33
However the worst there ever end, hence the rally guide 2 what shall be final with tests and timetables sure than this now will change many things yet, hopefully for the better. However I'm afraid that for Italy came forward to greet the WRC, after an administration like that this year.

OzoneVibe
24th February 2014, 15:29

You can buy them from me - 200 euro to my Paypal account....... (Other scams are available)

This was the same question I asked 2 years ago ... and received the same exciting news!

No tickets! All free!

No wonder I'm making the same >3000km road trip to do it again .... returning home via Le Mans 24 hours the following weekend. Yay!!! :)

Mintexmemory
24th February 2014, 15:48

This was the same question I asked 2 years ago ... and received the same exciting news!

No tickets! All free!

No wonder I'm making the same >3000km road trip to do it again .... returning home via Le Mans 24 hours the following weekend. Yay!!! :)

Have a great time (and why wouldn't you), I just hope they run Sardinia in 2015 - I blew my disposable budget on RMC this year (but boy was it worth it!!) just WRGB and Rally Bourgogne Challonais left for me this year.
Next year Portugal and Italy, and a couple of days in Wales!

OzoneVibe
24th February 2014, 16:04
So .... the SP moves to Alghero. Such a shame, I liked Olbia.

If I'm correctly locating the SD "Putifigari" (just to the east of Alghero) and SS16/19 "Cala Flumini" (which I think may be "Cala Rio Flumini", near the coast to the west of Porto Torres and north of Alghero), then this rather supports an Alghero SP.

Trying to plan where to base myself for the week I'm there (and now rather pleased that the owner of the apartment in Olbia cancelled on me two days ago at no cost!) .... can anyone confirm my estimate of those two locations as being correct?

Thanks!

See you all in June!

PS ... I wish I got notifications of activity in this topic! That seems to have stopped working :(

Mintexmemory
24th February 2014, 16:28
So .... the SP moves to Alghero. Such a shame, I liked Olbia.

If I'm correctly locating the SD "Putifigari" (just to the east of Alghero) and SS16/19 "Cala Flumini" (which I think may be "Cala Rio Flumini", near the coast to the west of Porto Torres and north of Alghero), then this rather supports an Alghero SP.

Trying to plan where to base myself for the week I'm there (and now rather pleased that the owner of the apartment in Olbia cancelled on me two days ago at no cost!) .... can anyone confirm my estimate of those two locations as being correct?

Thanks!

See you all in June!

PS ... I wish I got notifications of activity in this topic! That seems to have stopped working :(

Correct on both counts - stage locations are shown on the Rally Italia website
http://www.rallyitaliasardegna.com/publ ... _3_ing.pdf (http://www.rallyitaliasardegna.com/public/2014/pdf/Rally_Guide_1/RIS/01-01-2014_Mixed//01-01-2014_Mixed_Rally_d_Italia_Sardegna_Mappa_giorno_3_ ing.pdf)
is the link to the Day 3 map showing Cala Flumini route clearly.
I'd plump for accomodation on the coast anywhere between Alghero and Castelsardo, maybe even San Pietro a Mare, just further east of Castelsardo (big camp site nearby). Forget about going to Cagliari on Thursday, not worth the hassle, use the time to chill or recce your viewing points for Friday /Saturday

OzoneVibe
24th February 2014, 16:45
Ah ... never thought to look under "Competitors" .... duh! (And I thought I was usually quite smart with such things!)

Yeah - humping 2.5 tons of Shogun down to Cagliari was never going to happen!

Luckily, other than Putifigari and Cala (Rio) Flumini .... the other locations are familiar from 2012 ... albeit in slightly changed lengths/routes (eg, Terranova split in two) ... so recce will be reduced to sunbathing/swimming/eating/drinking .... ;-)

Their final spectator info proved brilliant and superbly accurate in 2012 ... that and Google Earth and a recce can be done before leaving home ... almost.

*getting excited*

OzoneVibe
28th February 2014, 23:22
A strange question ...

This is for anyone in Sardegna ..... car fuel prices, specifically diesel fuel (gasolio ?).

Is the price in Sardegna very different to that in mainland Italy? I've read conflicting reports and wildly differing suggestion as to the cost in both.

Can anyone give me an idea what the current price is?

Trying to do some rather tight budget work for the trip in 3 months time :/

Thanks!!

Priorat
1st March 2014, 07:31
Could somebody correct the title of the topic, please.
Thank you

Mintexmemory
1st March 2014, 09:39
Title changed but previous posts will remain unless individually edited - not on a Saturday morning though!

Bartolbia84
1st March 2014, 15:45
new proghramm

GIOVEDÌ 5

07:00 SD1 PUTIFIGARI 1 (P1) (3,5 km)
08:00 SD2 PUTIFIGARI 2 (NP) (3,5 km)
09:00 SD1 PUTIFIGARI 1 (P1, P2, P3) (3,5 km)
21:08 SSS1 CITTÀ DI CAGLIARI (1,3 km)

VENERDÌ 6

11:55 PS2 TERRANOVA NORD 1 (20,1 km)
12:28 PS3 TERRANOVA SUD 1 (12,4 km)
13:21 PS4 COILUNA-CRASTAZZA 1 (22,1 km)
14:04 PS5 LOELLE 1 (24,7 km)
16:16 PS6 TERRANOVA NORD 2 (20,1 km)
16:49 PS7 TERRANOVA SUD 2 (12,4 km)
17:42 PS8 COILUNA-CRASTAZZA 2 (22,1 km)
18:25 PS9 LOELLE 2 (24,7 km)

SABATO 7

09:19 PS10 MONTE OLIA 1 (19,3 km)
10:22 PS11 MONTE LERNO 1 (59,7 km)
16:55 PS12 MONTE OLIA 2 (19,3 km)
17:58 PS13 MONTE LERNO 2 (59,7 km)

DOMENICA 8

07:28 PS14 CALA FLUMINI (12,6 km)
09:21 PS15 CASTELSARDO (14,0 km)
10:07 PS16 TERGU-OSILO (14,9 km)
12:08 PS17 CALA FLUMINI (12,6 km)

Mintexmemory
1st March 2014, 16:12
Sorry, the SD schedule doesn't make sense - is this direct cut and paste?

SubaruNorway
1st March 2014, 17:58
Strange, what happened to the two evening stages on saturday? Now it's only four stages with a massive gap and about 6 hours to wait between them for service i guess. Suddenly doesn't seem that interesting to do the rally anymore now.

New schedule on the frontage.
http://www.rallyitaliasardegna.com/en/il-rally

OzoneVibe
1st March 2014, 18:26
Monte Lerno is a 60km stage, this year ... probably takes a while to get them all through that! (Probably the longest stage in the 2014 calendar?)

The two stages on Saturday are right next to each other, but getting between them can be tricky because of the popularity of Monte Lerno (Mickey's jump).

Was much the same when I was there in 2012. Was at Mickey's Jump real early. After the first run there was so much traffic trying to escape and new people arriving for the second run (along narrow tracks with cars parked inconsiderately) it was almost impossible to get to the other stages that day ... which were much further away than Monte Olia (Castel Sardo and Turgu-Osilo, that year ... way to the north).

When I say Monte Lerno and Monte Olia are right next to one another ... this is not walking distance! From Mickey's Jump to the finish (best bit?) of Monte Olia is a 35km walk! ;p
Driving is much the same distance ... but parking for Monte Olia is not the best.

... but two doses of Mickey's Jump is not disappointing if it's the only thing you see in one day. After all, it's a main reason for going to this event! ;)

To my mind it's better format that their initial itinerary.

Can't wait! Ferry booked! :)

Fly_Half
5th March 2014, 18:21
Looks like our plans to do the event are over, no cheap flights from the UK during the week of the event. Three times as expensive as last time :(

hari
5th March 2014, 20:35

It's probably two different shakedown stages. I read it anywhere.
PUTIFIGARI 1 for P1, P2, P3
PUTIFIGARI 2 for others

Motorsportfun
5th March 2014, 21:09

It's probably two different shakedown stages. I read it anywhere.
PUTIFIGARI 1 for P1, P2, P3
PUTIFIGARI 2 for others

Organizers said they split the Shakedown in two roads, as the session will end earlier, making easy the transportation of rally cars to SS1.

Mintexmemory
6th March 2014, 09:12
Thanks, that makes sense now. Just hope they have adequate numbers of marshalls for simultaneous SD running.

OzoneVibe
7th March 2014, 22:04
Looks like our plans to do the event are over, no cheap flights from the UK during the week of the event. Three times as expensive as last time :(
That's a shame.

My friend and I are driving down and returning via Le Mans 24hr the following week - sleeping in the back of the Shogun.

I may be in my 60s ... but I can still rough it when there's a good reason! :)

MartijnS
8th March 2014, 14:36
Too bad! We booked today. Tuesday to Tuesday :)
Flights around 165 euro per person.

KiwiWRCfan
8th March 2014, 19:32

OzoneVibe I like your style. Hope I can match you when I am in my 60's. You will be there to see Our Kiwi boy Hayden Paddon in his Hyundai debut, please give HP a cheer from me :bounce: :bounce:

OzoneVibe
9th March 2014, 17:48

OzoneVibe I like your style. Hope I can match you when I am in my 60's. You will be there to see Our Kiwi boy Hayden Paddon in his Hyundai debut, please give HP a cheer from me :bounce: :bounce:
You'll be fine in your 60s!! ... if you follow the advice of your own signature line! ;p

Duvel
9th March 2014, 19:57
We will be there only from Thursday till Sunday. Flights cost us 130euro including rental car!
Looking forward to it, 2 gravel rally "rookie's" wil be joining me this year, i hope they wil be as suprised as i was the first time a went there!

Alghero is a nice city, in my opinion nicer than Olbia. Only need to find some good bars in town, anyone got tips?

OzoneVibe
22nd March 2014, 14:45
10 weeks from now I'll be on the Dover/Calais ferry ..... Sardegna here we come! :)

Fly_Half
6th April 2014, 18:21
50/50 chance our trip could be back on. Fingers crossed. Anyone else going out from the UK?

OzoneVibe
11th April 2014, 22:37
Yay! Hope you make it!
I'm certainly going ... Southampton starting point ... driving all the way ... back via Le Mans 24 hrs ... :))

Fly_Half
12th April 2014, 20:29
Confirmed, we've booked it all up this weekend!

OzoneVibe
13th April 2014, 21:54
@Fly_Half Yay!!! Brilliant! :)

sollitt
13th April 2014, 23:44
Confirmed, we've booked it all up this weekend!Is accommodation still plentiful or getting scarce?

Fly_Half
14th April 2014, 00:42
Is accommodation still plentiful or getting scarce?

Haven't had any problems yet, although the place we're looking at is near Castelsardo / Porto Torres, so a little out of the way but we're right on the beach!

Duvel
14th April 2014, 12:01
Haven't had any problems yet, although the place we're looking at is near Castelsardo / Porto Torres, so a little out of the way but we're right on the beach!

We are in a hotel at a 2min walk from the service park. Should be nice!

Should be a nice field in WRC, 3 VW's, 3 Citroens, 3 Hyundai's, 4 Ford's,.. What else can we expect (in a WRC)? Also who is starting whit what in WRC2
Saturday only 2 stages each run twice, wed will have to find a place to drink something in between..

OzoneVibe
14th April 2014, 22:36
We are staying at a B&B right near all the Fri/Sat action - in a little village of Berchidda.
Well - it's a kind of B&B - we can cook/BBQ ourselves too. Oh ... and it has a swimming pool! :)

Could almost walk to the stages on Saturday, it's so close ... but we'll probably have far more fun getting up REAL early and hack the Shogun up the stage to Mikey's Jump before they close it off. Did that a couple of years ago.

Yeah - "Berchidda's in the middle of nowhere!!!" you'll be thinking - quiet - etc.
But it's also the middle of 17 days travel for us, and Le Mans will be crazy the following weekend (the group we go there with will ensure that!!!) ... so recharging the batteries whilst in Sardinia not such a bad idea.
At least being in Berchidda minimises the number of miles whilst there. 3,500 in all over the 17 days!!!

sollitt
14th April 2014, 23:26
We are in a hotel at a 2min walk from the service park. Should be nice!.. What's the hotel called? Could be me.

irish_tiger
6th May 2014, 13:30
Is there anywhere you can track the entries , tomorrow is the closing date i think ?

wrchirek
7th May 2014, 21:14
Do you know if there is any possibility to buy "VIP" ticket/package?

jbmarcus21
8th May 2014, 21:24
Google Earth Map Italia-Sardegna Wrc is on line http://planetemarcus.com/saison-wrc/wrc-rallye-italie-2014/

cercle
12th May 2014, 20:31
Entry list is online...
Looking good - 15 Wrc's

Any idea when the stages will be available on the website?
Separately in a pdf file?

Franky
12th May 2014, 20:33
Any idea when the stages will be available on the website?
Separately in a pdf file?

Why not use the Google Earth link posted by jbmarcus21 just before your post?

sete
12th May 2014, 20:37
really nice entry list
surprice for me is Kruuda with P 208 R5

mousti
12th May 2014, 21:11
Chardo indeed with the DS3 R5 from MYracing and Gryazin with second Mini RRC from Eurolamp team.

Tom206wrc
14th May 2014, 04:22
Chardo indeed with the DS3 R5 from MYracing and Gryazin with second Mini RRC from Eurolamp team.

Is the MYRacing DS3 R5 the one Vincent Verschuren should drive in Belgian championship :confused:

Frostmourne
16th May 2014, 18:16
6 Arab drivers in WRC2... that will be really interesting to see for me :D

Yazeed
Naser
Ala'a
Abd Al-Aziz
Rashid
Saleh

tommeke_B
16th May 2014, 20:36
Is the MYRacing DS3 R5 the one Vincent Verschuren should drive in Belgian championship :confused:
No, it's a different one. GoDrive (team of Verschueren) bought their own. ;)

Motorsportfun
17th May 2014, 01:57
First preparations in Cagliari for SS1 are already underway. First container with safety material and some barriers arrived today in the area.

mousti
18th May 2014, 21:44
Kruuda's 208!

https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/t31.0-8/10014865_704187096294050_2000292431278653749_o.jpg

Fly_Half
23rd May 2014, 21:03
Has anyone come up with a potential itinerary yet?

Also, if anyone knows of any watersplashes being used I'd be grateful for any tips.

Rhod

satnav
24th May 2014, 01:00
Rhod have you seen the Media book on the official site , some good info in there

http://www.rallyitaliasardegna.com/en/media

Atob WRC
24th May 2014, 12:51
Here our video from last edition.

Best regards!

http://youtu.be/WSBntkHwRB8

Fly_Half
26th May 2014, 12:45
Rhod have you seen the Media book on the official site , some good info in there

http://www.rallyitaliasardegna.com/en/media

I found it shortly after I made that post! Although its been taken off the site now I think. Cheers.

MartijnS
26th May 2014, 14:30
Yes, it has been taken off saturday end of the morning :)

tommeke_B
26th May 2014, 14:53
Anyone who can send it to me (in PM) or put it on here? I would really appreciate it! :)

cercle
27th May 2014, 19:24
Does anybody knows if this jump is again in the rally?
Was on the Terranova stage in 2012
http://www.ewrc.cz/images/2012/wrc/it/18.jpg

Motorsportfun
28th May 2014, 23:07
Does anybody knows if this jump is again in the rally?
Was on the Terranova stage in 2012
http://www.ewrc.cz/images/2012/wrc/it/18.jpg

Not anymore, unluckily :(

Motorsportfun
29th May 2014, 00:12
Service Park is also already developing in Alghero: https://twitter.com/claudiopilia/status/471757406113116161

MartijnS
29th May 2014, 23:17
We're looking for some really fast parts at Monte Lerno.
Beginning of the stage is where we have to be than I think? Between 16/17 and 18?
Is that the part with the windmills?

Last year we did two spots near 23. Not going to the jump.

http://www.rallyitaliasardegna.com/guida_ps/mappe_jpg/medie/6-Monte_Lerno.jpg

Motorsportfun
30th May 2014, 00:46
^^

All the first part of Monte Lerno stage is the formerly known "Monti di Alà" stage, which was the fast and flowing one with lots of windfarms. Quite suitable to film some proper action. :)

Then Monte Lerno keeps its "soul" with usual Micky's Jump, multiple hairpins, etc. But the flying finish and stopline is now right before the famous watersplash towards the end of the stage. If you remember, it's the one entering "Nostra Signora di Otti" church access... bad luck. :(

MartijnS
30th May 2014, 08:55
Thanks!
You know if this spot is still in the stage?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSgixdTghTQ

Motorsportfun
30th May 2014, 12:46
Thanks!
You know if this spot is still in the stage?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSgixdTghTQ

I don't know if that particular spot is still on the route, but probably Bartolbia24 can answer it!

tommeke_B
30th May 2014, 14:12
Still there but reversed, now uphill, I don't expect it to be as spectacular anymore. It's 1,2km after start of SS Monte Lerno.

I'm planning to go somewhere in the amazing fast downhill section, starting at 16min15 (until almost finish)in this onboard of Ogier: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9C9NZfwHvAw

There are 2 public access roads there (both are visible in the onboard video too), last time we went there (2012) it was quite a problem to get away from the place (some spectators had very poor parking skills and blocked the road), fortunately it was the last stage of the day. :)

litifeta
31st May 2014, 07:57
appreciate the heads up if anyone hears of any streaming

jonkka
1st June 2014, 10:35
Would anyone know real name of competitor #90 "Piano"? Thanx.

Fly_Half
1st June 2014, 23:15
So Friday stages, we're trying to maximise the number of stages we can get to, as that's the only day it's possible. Realistically, would it be possible to get to 4 stages including Coiluna jump and the section through the cork forest in Loelle?

MartijnS
1st June 2014, 23:25
Yes, I think so. If you won't stay too long on the first stage of the rounds, that shouldn't be a problem.
I think we are going to try in the first loop, to go to the spot where Coiluna and Loelle are really close to each other, to run or drive over to the other stage after half an hour :)

Its a shame that you don't have a lot of options to watch at the first stage. Second one is better.

Criterium
1st June 2014, 23:45
You can now explore the rally course, in 3D and in motion, on RallyVista:

http://i39.servimg.com/u/f39/15/38/23/21/presrv10.jpg (http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=1088&u=15382321)
http://www.interactiveinfluence.com/techali/rallyvista/

rallyfun
2nd June 2014, 10:04
So Friday stages, we're trying to maximise the number of stages we can get to, as that's the only day it's possible. Realistically, would it be possible to get to 4 stages including Coiluna jump and the section through the cork forest in Loelle?
Don't think so, access road to this jump will be closed 10:08 (probably earlier as usual) that is before first stage begins. So if you get there on time you'll be missing first 2 stages and being stuck until stage ends.

Franky
2nd June 2014, 10:32
Is there a magazine type guide also available (for purchase)?

MartijnS
2nd June 2014, 10:34
Oh yes..thats a big problem over there. Forgot about that.
2 years ago, we were able to hop in a car with a media sticker, than its no problem, but without any sticker you wont get in there..

We found out when we drove there, that you probably will be able to go there anyway via this road. They block the road at the cross.

http://plaatjesdump.nl/upload/db161d716ae415c20a52ba43473a4ab6.jpg

Going back during the stage wasn't a problem than, as a lot of Media did that too.

Barreis
2nd June 2014, 16:24
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/114245

wrc1600
2nd June 2014, 16:44
Oh yes..thats a big problem over there. Forgot about that.
2 years ago, we were able to hop in a car with a media sticker, than its no problem, but without any sticker you wont get in there..

We found out when we drove there, that you probably will be able to go there anyway via this road. They block the road at the cross.

http://plaatjesdump.nl/upload/db161d716ae415c20a52ba43473a4ab6.jpg

Going back during the stage wasn't a problem than, as a lot of Media did that too.

I managed to do the same only once, they also put some safety people by the second junction and won't let you in. Also to come back from the stage you need to wait till last car.

MartijnS
2nd June 2014, 19:34
Ok..too bad!

tommeke_B
2nd June 2014, 21:51
Sounds like a plan for the 2nd loop... :)

Barreis
3rd June 2014, 21:45
Al Qassimi.
https://www.facebook.com/RallyChePassione/photos/a.334989268951.153758.334811638951/10152254555053952/?type=1&theater

wrc45
3rd June 2014, 23:31
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N46MroBxK-k

WRC2 Test Video. Slow Motion.

Criterium
4th June 2014, 07:57
Every meter of Monte Lerno is on RallyVista.

http://i39.servimg.com/u/f39/15/38/23/21/srdler10.jpg (http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=1089&u=15382321)

http://www.interactiveinfluence.com/techali/rallyvista/

Francis44
4th June 2014, 13:02
New led lights for the DS3's.

http://photos-b.ak.instagram.com/hphotos-ak-xfp1/10362246_637422623001425_1253267326_n.jpg

Eli
4th June 2014, 13:19
an update because of the facelift?

dimviii
4th June 2014, 14:06
Mads steering
https://scontent-b-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/t1.0-9/10390449_690679820998966_6845256760035021157_n.jpg

dimviii
4th June 2014, 16:40
Gilbert at recce
https://scontent-b-fra.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/t1.0-9/10441360_803096843033988_3574936574067475499_n.jpg

makinen_fan
4th June 2014, 17:03
https://twitter.com/The_Rally_Guru/status/473459738626506752
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BpIRGy2IcAAOlm_.jpg

@thierryneuville (https://twitter.com/thierryneuville) @nicolasgilsoul (https://twitter.com/nicolasgilsoul) - Yeah I'm sure she remembers you, it won't be everyday that she has a Fiesta WRC car up her backside!!!

What is the joke between Julian Porter and Neuville? Did they meet a cow in a stage last year?

dimviii
4th June 2014, 21:47
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfa1/t1.0-9/1507741_10152424551810733_2706203812501825016_n.jp g

Jafry
4th June 2014, 22:00
Atmo photos from Sardegna before start HERE: http://www.rally-mania.cz/photogallery.php?id=1269

nafpaktos
5th June 2014, 00:07
Not even in Greece we do such things. :)

http://www.maxrally.com/2014/06/02/tickets-please-or-maybe-not

dimviii
5th June 2014, 08:43
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/t1.0-9/1513659_691037620963186_2209360401241780271_n.png

dimviii
5th June 2014, 09:00
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BpWMzBnCQAAsS24.jpg

dimviii
5th June 2014, 09:04
new hospitality for Msport
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BpTDFOsCIAACCP8.jpg:large

Mirek
5th June 2014, 09:18
They all keep crying how it's too expensive...

dimviii
5th June 2014, 09:23
They all keep crying how it's too expensive...

yes.Hyundai also with new motorhome.

Leon
5th June 2014, 09:25
to Mirek and dimviii: where is the like button

jonkka
5th June 2014, 09:29
I am not going to repeat that WRC is about promotion and marketing, not sport or cars.

So nobody knows real name of driver "Piano" I asked about?

dimviii
5th June 2014, 09:34
to Mirek and dimviii: where is the like button

there is no ''like'' button mate.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BpWWhlxIgAAXwAJ.jpg:large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BpWVyj9IAAA_DeP.jpg:large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BpWVUFxIgAArVam.jpg:large

Mirek
5th June 2014, 09:44
I am not going to repeat that WRC is about promotion and marketing, not sport or cars.

Of course, it is. But it's pure hypocrisy how all teams complain about cost every second minute. If something is fact it still doesn't mean we all must like it :)

dimviii
5th June 2014, 09:59
Neuville with close contact with a tree
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BpWbQRZIIAAv598.jpg:large

noel157
5th June 2014, 10:41
new hospitality for Msport
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BpTDFOsCIAACCP8.jpg:large

What happened the last one? This one seems smaller so maybe cost cutting.....:)

dimviii
5th June 2014, 10:51
cost cutting having 2 motorhomes?

Mintexmemory
5th June 2014, 10:54
Any news on SD yet?

dimviii
5th June 2014, 10:55
WRC-2 (provisoire après 2 passages) : Kruuda (3’46’9), Kangur +0’2, Gilbert +2’0, Chardonnet +3’4, Al-Attiyah/Protasov +3’5, Al-Rajhi +6’5, Maurin +7’4
http://www.rallye-sport.fr/classement-shakedown-rallye-sardaigne-2014/

rallyfiend
5th June 2014, 11:20
cost cutting having 2 motorhomes?

The big one is used for the Bentley programme a lot.

dimviii
5th June 2014, 12:52
https://scontent-a-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/t1.0-9/q71/s720x720/10419517_719605021415183_3576490239218148445_n.jpg
https://scontent-a-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/t31.0-8/q71/s720x720/10382066_719605004748518_7459309810662138363_o.jpg
http://www.worldrallyisfree.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/kubicaSdSard2014.jpg

dimviii
5th June 2014, 12:54
Tanaks fiesta watch the sticker lolol
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BpWoSpzIYAEHBEF.jpg:large

dimviii
5th June 2014, 13:02
Mikko from Andre Lavadinho
https://scontent-b-fra.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/t1.0-9/10401918_314540265368162_4500509214520483535_n.jpg

dimviii
5th June 2014, 13:05
http://www.autosport.cz/img/clanky/b552e094abcbf3e52694b0a7867fcad5.jpg

complete shakedown times
http://www.autosport.cz/clanek.php?cl=16387

dimviii
5th June 2014, 13:10
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfa1/t1.0-9/10406741_896799277000137_2437115454914169405_n.jpg
https://scontent-a-fra.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/t1.0-9/10175022_896798857000179_4829803273852834941_n.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/t1.0-9/10398063_896798820333516_5976364228820024930_n.jpg
https://scontent-b-fra.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/t1.0-9/10455447_896799133666818_8246899114321064018_n.jpg
https://www.facebook.com/RSSPRallySportStockPhoto/photos_stream

dimviii
5th June 2014, 13:13
http://www.rallye-sport.fr/wp-content/gallery/sardaigne-2014/mg_6388.jpg
http://www.rallye-sport.fr/wp-content/gallery/sardaigne-2014/mg_6528.jpg
http://www.rallye-sport.fr/wp-content/gallery/sardaigne-2014/mg_6623.jpg
http://www.rallye-sport.fr/wp-content/gallery/sardaigne-2014/mg_6451.jpg
http://www.rallye-sport.fr/photos-rallye-sardaigne-2014/

dimviii
5th June 2014, 13:18
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InYF85EKVm0

Francis44
5th June 2014, 13:34
Anyone know if SSS will be broadcasted live?

dimviii
5th June 2014, 14:11
https://scontent-a-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/t1.0-9/1233438_800131343344979_3910856643140241964_n.jpg

JoostSchouten
5th June 2014, 15:05
My video of the shakedown is online!
Was a great stage with some very steep sections!

http://i58.tinypic.com/x3bhfp.jpg (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Os9jERqrHI7)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Os9jERqrHI7

Jafry
5th June 2014, 15:24
Photos from shake HERE: http://www.rally-mania.cz/photogallery.php?id=1269

dimviii
5th June 2014, 15:49
My video of the shakedown is online!
Was a great stage with some very steep sections!

nice spots mate!
an other video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=SHhqBvFTP2M

dimviii
5th June 2014, 15:57
https://scontent-a-fra.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/t1.0-9/10296885_659660157435238_4631181083301615361_n.jpg
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.659659057435348.1073741852.126042907463635&type=1

dimviii
5th June 2014, 17:24
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=6kCbwu0QQT4

dimviii
5th June 2014, 18:27
http://www.forum-rallye.com/uploads/monthly_06_2014/post-83-0-69357700-1401985455.jpg
http://www.forum-rallye.com/uploads/monthly_06_2014/post-83-0-09603900-1401985400.jpg
http://www.forum-rallye.com/uploads/monthly_06_2014/post-83-0-94257500-1401985134.jpg
http://www.forum-rallye.com/uploads/monthly_06_2014/post-83-0-67484500-1401985267.jpg

Fast Eddie WRC
5th June 2014, 19:18
Very dusty on the SD... stages like this could cause problems if it hangs in the air..

KKS
5th June 2014, 19:34
Watch video's and photo's from shake - can't wait for rally begin. Beautiful roads, hope fight was beautiful too.
BTW, any prediction about Kubica result on shake? Will it be first full speed rally for him or just shorted distance for 1st crash in a rally?

mousti
5th June 2014, 19:55
Live stream of stage? There is a channel in Italy airing it normally

pantealex
5th June 2014, 19:56
non starters:
WRC2
46 Al-Ketbi Fiesta R5
50 Vallario EvoX
71 Rasheed Fiesta R5
77 Gini Subaru
others:
81Kikireshko Mini
96 Subaru

Reasons?

KKS
5th June 2014, 20:02
non starters:
WRC2
71 Rasheed Fiesta R5

Reasons?
http://www.rallyitaliasardegna.com/public/2014/pdf/Commissari_sportivi/stewards_decision_no.1.pdf

non starters:

96 Subaru

Reasons?
Max Koch http://www.rallyitaliasardegna.com/public/2014/pdf/Commissari_sportivi/stewards_decision_no.2.pdf

Fast Eddie WRC
5th June 2014, 20:11
Live stream of stage? There is a channel in Italy airing it normally

Streams here: http://www.wiziwig.tv/broadcast.php?matchid=264404&part=sports

dimviii
5th June 2014, 20:24
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=O3T6kCulnlk

PLuto
5th June 2014, 20:43
Start list to first stage - http://rally-base.com/2014/rally-italia-sardegna-2014/start-list/?startTimeTypeId=449

Fast Eddie WRC
5th June 2014, 20:46
This stream working well... http://www.wiz1.net/bt2 :)

Fast Eddie WRC
5th June 2014, 20:48
Good crowd for SS1:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BpYbxvgIEAAQCSK.jpg

Allyc85
5th June 2014, 21:22
Live stream for SS1.

http://www.wiz1.net/bt2

dimviii
5th June 2014, 21:27
This stream working well... http://www.wiz1.net/bt2 :)
thanks Eddie & Allyc85,very good stream!

Fast Eddie WRC
5th June 2014, 21:33
Equal time for the new DS3 R5 and the Pug 208 R5 !

dimviii
5th June 2014, 21:48
#WRC SSS1: Delays expected. Huge amounts of crowd, cars having difficulties getting into the stage

Andre Oliveira
5th June 2014, 21:49
Photos here (http://ewrc-results.com/foto.php?e=13896&t=Rally-Italia-Sardegna-2014)

http://www.ewrc.cz/images/2014/photos/rally_italia_sardegna_2014/tan__tap7044.jpg
http://www.ewrc.cz/images/2014/photos/rally_italia_sardegna_2014/msc_nq3p7096.jpg
http://www.ewrc.cz/images/2014/photos/rally_italia_sardegna_2014/pbe_wrcsardinieshakedown%20%288%29.jpg

dimviii
5th June 2014, 21:52
Kubica 1:22.7 struggling to get full steering lock on the rightest corners...

Fast Eddie WRC
5th June 2014, 21:56
Nice run Mikko ... and wins SS1 ! :)

Eli
5th June 2014, 22:03
problem for meeke....

KKS
5th June 2014, 22:12
Anybody explain me why so many sparks on breaking for Rendina EvoX ?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7LGVEeip8s

"Guru" told - this is normal, but no sparks on other cars and on other rallys on Evo's

Jeppe
5th June 2014, 22:19
Anybody explain me why so many sparks on breaking for Rendina EvoX ?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7LGVEeip8s

"Guru" told - this is normal, but no sparks on other cars and on other rallys on Evo's

Guru is right.. Rendina uses alloy (or metal) compound brake pads which produces sparks. They can be seen in the evening stages but not in the daytime because of the small size of the particles.

mousti
5th June 2014, 22:25
Nasser had the same.

dimviii
5th June 2014, 22:28
Guru is right.. Rendina uses alloy (or metal) compound brake pads which produces sparks. They can be seen in the evening stages but not in the daytime because of the small size of the particles.

+1

Meeke has leak from front end - steam at stage end from DS3 WRC...gets the car going, moves away, but then pushing the car

KKS
5th June 2014, 22:42
tnx for answer

Great run for Protasov and Mikko. When people are fast - it's immediately visible

mousti
5th June 2014, 22:53
SSS1 cancelled after 30 cars -- people invaded the stage. Cars heading through on road mode.

WTF..

Fast Eddie WRC
5th June 2014, 23:04
'The engine has been switched off in Meeke's car and both Kris and co-driver Paul Nagle are pushing the car away. However, Citroen's Daniel Grataloup explains that the team have until the 09.00 restart tomorrow morning to make any repairs so the panic has subsided somewhat....'

That jump was a bit crazy the way it made the cars come down so hard on the nose. :crazy:

HarriK
5th June 2014, 23:20
That jump was a bit crazy the way it made the cars come down so hard on the nose. :crazy:

almost all brake only 5m before jump, so of course then car jump on the nose at landing. Note neuville, a little bit earlier brake and nice 4 steps landing...

dimviii
5th June 2014, 23:34
Ogier
http://www.forum-rallye.com/uploads/monthly_06_2014/post-4664-0-14677000-1402004095.png

KKS
6th June 2014, 09:46
Any bad/good news about Meeke car?

Mihai
6th June 2014, 10:03
SSS1 cancelled after 30 cars -- people invaded the stage. Cars heading through on road mode.

WTF..

In the 90s it used to happen on the last laps of the Italian Grand Prix, with cars cruising through spectators on green flag.

dimviii
6th June 2014, 10:26
#Tyres information: All #Michelin drivers with 5 hard.
Mikk/Padd: 6 H,

tyres information updated: Neuville/Hanninen: 2 soft + 4 Hard #michelin #wrcitalia

sollitt
6th June 2014, 10:53
Great run for Protasov and Mikko. When people are fast - it's immediately visibleProtasov is indeed a star.

KKS
6th June 2014, 11:08
strange that huyndai pick a 2 soft. they expected rain or low temps?

KKS
6th June 2014, 11:10
Protasov is indeed a star.

I hope he can fight with Nasser

Eli
6th June 2014, 11:41
Disappointment for WRC 2 frontrunner Nicolas Fuchs whose Fiesta R5 stopped just 300 metres after leaving service this morning with terminal engine problems. He won’t restart tomorrow.

jonkka
6th June 2014, 11:48
Mikkelsen seems suicidal at split 1...

Eli
6th June 2014, 11:50
Seb Ogier:" no grip at all"...

Eli
6th June 2014, 11:51
problem with the brakes for Latvala.

dimviii
6th June 2014, 12:04
[SS2] Thierry Neuville (Hyundai) 13:28.1 - Fastest so far - "Was some strange noise… The noise of the car was completely different and I had to keep really focus on my job. Just followed the clean lines. It was not too bad. Some vibration on the sump guard and it is disturbing."
VEN. 06.06.2014 / 11H59
[SS2] Kris Meeke (Citroen) 13:38.8 "I took absolutely no chances, I want a simple clean rhythm. I am reasonably happy. It was just a water pipe came off (last night on the super special), I was lucky there was no road section after it, but I will take my luck where I can get it!"

litifeta
6th June 2014, 12:04
and Hyundai leads the rally ... LOL

jonkka
6th June 2014, 12:05
Neuville takes lead :eek:

Eli
6th June 2014, 12:10
Neuville takes lead :eek:
let's see what Paddon and Hanninen will do

jonkka
6th June 2014, 12:11
I don't expect much from Paddon and Hanninen is clearly slower at split 2.

makinen_fan
6th June 2014, 12:11
well it's Hyundai 1-2 at the moment!

jonkka
6th June 2014, 12:14
So it is!

Mirek
6th June 2014, 12:15
But both Hyundai drivers complain about strange noise...

Anyway also surprising start by Prokop.

dimviii
6th June 2014, 12:16
well it's Hyundai 1-2 at the moment!

with both listening strange noises inside stage.

makinen_fan
6th June 2014, 12:21
lets hope that it is not something really worrying

makinen_fan
6th June 2014, 12:24
and Ogier starts moaning with starting position...
but i really liked how George Donaldson told 'it used to be worse'

rage82
6th June 2014, 12:25
Ogier complains how stupid is the starting order rule. Some hard times for him.

Rallyper
6th June 2014, 12:31
This starting order is currently best for the excitement of WRC.

Fast Eddie WRC
6th June 2014, 12:35
Ogier is not a happy bunny..

litifeta
6th June 2014, 12:42
Henning is having a ball

dimviii
6th June 2014, 12:43
Ogier complains how stupid is the starting order rule. Some hard times for him.

its the same rule when Ogier was at citroen and Loeb was cleaning the road for years.Without complaining...

Tom206wrc
6th June 2014, 12:44
Disappointment for WRC 2 frontrunner Nicolas Fuchs whose Fiesta R5 stopped just 300 metres after leaving service this morning with terminal engine problems. He won’t restart tomorrow.

So the Fiesta R5 is not that much better than the 208 T16 in term of reliability...the only force of the Ford is to be numerous at start of many events unlike the Peugeot(for now) :rolleyes:

jonkka
6th June 2014, 12:47
Hanninen faster than Neuville at split 2

Mirek
6th June 2014, 12:47
Another Hyundai double, Juho in the lead now! Kubica like day and night from SS2 to SS3.

EDIT: (8 - Hänninen Juho / Tuominen Tomi): Nothing to say anymore. Driving is still horrible, we need balance.

rage82
6th June 2014, 12:48
its the same rule when Ogier was at citroen and Loeb was cleaning the road for years.Without complaining...

Exactly what I want to say without writing it:)

Mintexmemory
6th June 2014, 12:49
Suspect that tyre management will come into play by tomorrow afternoon, Ogier just tells it like it is from his perspective, clearly doesn't give a FF for fans perception of him. Presume the strange noise experienced by the Hyundai team is windrush (at last!!)

HarriK
6th June 2014, 12:50
GO Juho go!

Mirek
6th June 2014, 12:51
I know it's a lot about starting position but still who would expect this after SS3?

1. Hänninen, 2. Neuville, 3. Prokop...

dimviii
6th June 2014, 12:54
Exactly what I want to say without writing it:)
i just write it to invite Slowson.

jonkka
6th June 2014, 12:55
It's possible that some are saving their tyres to next two long ones more than others. Then again, maybe not, Sardinia is usually sandy and sweeping is a problem. However, times are not progressively better going down the field.

litifeta
lines will be all wrong on second pass. Will be hard to fight back if Latvala and Ogier let the day slip

Langdale Forest
What would the starting order be for tomorrow?

Mirek
6th June 2014, 12:58
Results at the end of today reversed.

Tänak without power steering...

litifeta
6th June 2014, 12:58
What would the starting order be for tomorrow? order of the lead of the rally

Langdale Forest
6th June 2014, 12:59
So it today finishes as it is, Latvala and Ogier will have a bad start position?

jonkka
6th June 2014, 12:59
Yes

litifeta
6th June 2014, 13:00
mikko gone

makinen_fan
6th June 2014, 13:00
Mikko's car burned in road section :eek:

N.O.T
6th June 2014, 13:04
Good to see the next Loeb Hayden Paddon doing so well... LOL

dimviii
6th June 2014, 13:06
WRC More trouble: Tänak has not started SS3 on time.

jonkka
6th June 2014, 13:06
Definitely it's not Mikko's year

Tom206wrc
6th June 2014, 13:11
Nice debut for Sébastien Chardonnet in the DS3 R5 :)
Karl Kruuda in the cousin/sister car is in front of him but it has to be the experience of the driver not the car(both technically equal) ;)

Langdale Forest
6th June 2014, 13:12
The fire has caused a delay.

jonkka
6th June 2014, 13:13
So it is that big blaze?

raybak
6th June 2014, 13:14
The delay will be that the fire truck for the stage had to go to the Hirvonen fire is my guess.

Fast Eddie WRC
6th June 2014, 13:14
Shame for Mikko.. had started well. :(

dimviii
6th June 2014, 13:19
The delay will be that the fire truck for the stage had to go to the Hirvonen fire is my guess.

Stage start understood to have been delayed: tracking showing cars stuck behind @MikkoWRC Fiesta

Rallyper
6th June 2014, 13:20
There went my winner on Pickem. Sad for Mikko. He deserves better!

Langdale Forest
6th June 2014, 13:22
How long will the road be closed for, or is there a alternative route to the start of SS4?

Langdale Forest
6th June 2014, 13:30
The cars are now taking an alternative route to the start of SS4.

KKS
6th June 2014, 13:30
Shame for Mikko, I realy treated with sympathy to him after back to Ford.

dimviii
6th June 2014, 13:40
guys can you imagine if ss4 was live at tv?

makinen_fan
6th June 2014, 13:44
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BpccHKmCUAItcbg.jpg

Fast Eddie WRC
6th June 2014, 13:49
Shame for M-Sport losing a car like that... big £££ up in smoke. :(

Leon
6th June 2014, 13:50
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BpccHKmCUAItcbg.jpg

Mate you are fast...thanks for the photo

KKS
6th June 2014, 13:50
Mad pic

dimviii
6th June 2014, 13:54
Hirvonen/1 "I have no idea...honestly our car caught fire but really I have no idea...

Hirvonen/2: "we did everything after the stage....by the time I noticed....unfortunately I could not save the car."

Hirvonen/3 "Jarmo ...the fire very close to him...but we are OK...it was very strange..."

Tom206wrc
6th June 2014, 14:02
SS4 cancelled or not yet :confused:
Edit: normally SS5 should have started

rage82
6th June 2014, 14:05
SS4 cancelled or not yet :confused:
Edit: normally SS5 should have started

Not cancelled, waiting for the start!

dimviii
6th June 2014, 14:07
sad photo...
http://www.forum-rallye.com/uploads/monthly_06_2014/post-4664-0-74206500-1402057090.png

Tom206wrc
6th June 2014, 14:09
Not cancelled, waiting for the start!

OK thanks ;)

Langdale Forest
6th June 2014, 14:09
It looks like the fuel tank might have exploded, as the back of the car looks like it has completely burnt through.

Francis44
6th June 2014, 14:11
From the tweets it looks like the problem is that both Meeke and Ogier used the fire extinguishers on Hirvonnen's Fiesta so now they must wait for teams to lend them new ones before stage start. Organizers have allowed teams to give them new extinguishers.

KKS
6th June 2014, 14:12
Mikko suggests it might be from damaged bumper, and hot exhaust could burn bumper and then all other

jonkka
6th June 2014, 14:16
I am afraid that they're bound to cancel some stages today due to so long delay.

makinen_fan
6th June 2014, 14:19
Mikko suggests it might be from damaged bumper, and hot exhaust could burn bumper and then all other

No, he said that definitely this was not the reason as the bumper was on the correct position

KKS
6th June 2014, 14:22
As I heard - bumper was damaged and hot exhaust can cause a fire

Langdale Forest
6th June 2014, 14:22
WHat is the maximum latness a stage can be delayed until it is cancelled?

Tom206wrc
6th June 2014, 14:23
It looks like the fuel tank might have exploded, as the back of the car looks like it has completely burnt through.

You mean the same thing happening to Henri Toivonen and Sergio Cresto in a far more tragical way ??? :eek:

Langdale Forest
6th June 2014, 14:25
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/t1.0-9/1959260_10152189401350678_8194732873799213437_n.pn g

Langdale Forest
6th June 2014, 14:29
SS4 started

trifonvl
6th June 2014, 14:30
You mean the same thing happening to Henri Toivonen and Sergio Cresto in a far more tragical way ??? :eek:

In that tragic case the explosion was so violence that the bodies of the two drivers simply vaporized. Nothing left of them...i don't think it is the same..we will find out

Mirek
6th June 2014, 14:34
WHat is the maximum latness a stage can be delayed until it is cancelled?

Is there even such rule?

jonkka
6th June 2014, 14:35
Not that I know of but then again, I do not know rule book by heart.

Mirek
6th June 2014, 14:36
Stage started :)

Tom206wrc
6th June 2014, 14:36
OK SS4 finally running ;)

noel157
6th June 2014, 14:38
Is there even such rule?

Don't think so, up to the organizers and local government (owners of the roads I guess).

Mintexmemory
6th June 2014, 14:39
I expect that there will be a competitor bulletin at mid day (!!) service.
Just a case of letting people know the revised timing. Sunset is 2051 CET
so even with the delay the stages can all run in daylight.

Francis44
6th June 2014, 14:43
Photographers at it again.