PDA

View Full Version : OMIGOD! another shooting

Valve Bounce
17th January 2014, 01:34
This must be the saddest shooting case of all: http://au.news.yahoo.com/world/a/208173 ... r-suicide/ (http://au.news.yahoo.com/world/a/20817313/mother-kills-daughters-in-murder-suicide/)
A mother has a fight with her fiance, then when he moves out, she shoots her own daughters and herself.
What is it that anyone cannot understand that life is the most precious thing on earth? To hold the hand of someone dear as they are dying, surely this must convey the message that there is nothing on earth more precious. I am totally shocked by the article. Makes me cry out of shear frustration.

Starter
17th January 2014, 03:06
Given the sheer number of people who are killed in wars, terrorism and murders a strong argument can be made that life is far from the most precious thing on earth.

Roamy
17th January 2014, 05:59
Yes the muslims are teaching us life ain't worth a sh!t and take a bunch out on your way out. In this country Congress would be a good place to start!!!!!!

Mark
17th January 2014, 11:28
These people who kill themselves and their kids -- I know they must have a mental disorder to do this, but I can't think of anything more selfish.

Starter
17th January 2014, 14:37
These people who kill themselves and their kids -- I know they must have a mental disorder to do this, but I can't think of anything more selfish.
Very true.

Robinho
18th January 2014, 08:27
This one isn't much better, kid finds gun, kill sibling, utterly pointless US four-year-old shoots child dead http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-25787934

D-Type
18th January 2014, 15:04
This one isn't much better, kid finds gun, kill sibling, utterly pointless US four-year-old shoots child dead http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-25787934
Yes, that is the price of upholding a "constitutional right" and indulging in a dangerous hobby.

janvanvurpa
18th January 2014, 19:37

Originally Posted by Super Matty P View Post
Thsi wouldn't have happened if the 4yr old cousin had been armed as well. Maybe we should put armed soldiers under every bed?

Or if the adult in the house was armed. Did you know that armed citizen prevent 27,459,206 felonies every year? The anti - freedom advocates and the vast Lib'rul media conspiracy keep this fact hushed up. If the adult had been armed (the kid was watching TV so probably in the normal TV Zombie state so can't expect the kid to drop the perp) they could have drilled the girl and a tragedy been averted.

Tazio
18th January 2014, 21:06

Thsi wouldn't have happened if the 4yr old cousin had been armed as well. Maybe we should put armed soldiers under every bed?

Or if the adult in the house was armed. Did you know that armed citizen prevent 27,459,206 felonies every year? The anti - freedom advocates and the vast Lib'rul media conspiracy keep this fact hushed up. If the adult had been armed (the kid was watching TV so probably in the normal TV Zombie state so can't expect the kid to drop the perp) they could have drilled the girl and a tragedy been averted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEwix-Zi0zw

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/dam/assets/130808181437-marijuana-weed-plant-story-top.jpg

Robinho
19th January 2014, 00:33
Family of five killed in shooting http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-no ... e-25793150 (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-northamptonshire-25793150) another victory for rights, a trained respected police officer, should be safe with guns right? But it's ok cos it's only gangs killing each other, or only illegally owned guns that are a problem, responsible owners save more lives than they take, don't they?

janvanvurpa
19th January 2014, 03:15

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEwix-Zi0zw

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/dam/assets/130808181437-marijuana-weed-plant-story-top.jpg

Oh no, man we cannot be smokin da spliff, man. Eye must be 100% alert, ready, lock-n-loaded ready for anything. At any moment an evil-doer could be wanting do do some evil, Eye cannot be in any alter state no matter what.
De gubbymint dey comin take take all my guns, my girls could flip out from sumpin det see on TV telling dem I'm oppressing dem, man... Guns don't kill people but it sure makes it easy even for a 4 y.o. and my girls are 6 and 8, almost 9 to do da mayhem.
Lotta pent up rage dey must have when half their lives been under the oppression of the Musselman from the Kenya who weren't born in Hawaii....
Best defense is an active offense.
might makes right.
Da victors write de history.
Loose lips sinks ships.freedom ain't free.

and you ain't right if youse ain't Left...

Oh wait......

Rollo
19th January 2014, 03:22
Or if the adult in the house was armed. Did you know that armed citizen prevent 27,459,206 felonies every year? The anti - freedom advocates and the vast Lib'rul media conspiracy keep this fact hushed up.

Link please :D

Also, to what degree would you imagine that the widespread use of firearms enables extra felonies every year? I take it that you must be in favour of criminals having guns because of their Second Amendment rights. Moreover, what would you do about first time offenders? They've never been a criminal before, so they must also be entitled under the Second Amendment to have firearms.

janvanvurpa
19th January 2014, 06:43
Or if the adult in the house was armed. Did you know that armed citizen prevent 27,459,206 felonies every year? The anti - freedom advocates and the vast Lib'rul media conspiracy keep this fact hushed up.

Also, to what degree would you imagine that the widespread use of firearms enables extra felonies every year? I take it that you must be in favour of criminals having guns because of their Second Amendment rights. Moreover, what would you do about first time offenders? They've never been a criminal before, so they must also be entitled under the Second Amendment to have firearms.

Dammit man I said those Clenched Fist Saluting Revolutionary leftists that dominate all media keep it all hushed up! How can a mere individual like me find a link to what EVERY Right Think Red-blooded American knows....They control the media and they don't want people to know..

Only people that should not be required to be armed 24/7 is nut cases.. Felons if they served their time for a little slip up where they shot 3 or 5 or so people, well they served their time....In fact one way we could be sure that felons understand the awesome responsibility would be to give them lessons about responsible gun ownership while they are in prison..that HAVE to attend..
Once they understand about responsible gun ownership EVERYBODY says that's the key so they won't offend again.

It's only the nut cases that are the danger...If ya ax me it's simple: If you ever visited a psychiatrist, a psychologist, a consular, or an advisor of any sort---it means you're not sure if you're in control.
uh Duh! That's like being crazy so ban anybody who ever visited one of the above people for whatever the reason.

And according to all our well informed friends, ya know, the ones that wisely avoid the Comintern Controlled Trotskyist Media and never read anything, that's all you have to do and there won't be a single murder in the country!

Spafranco
19th January 2014, 16:06

Dammit man I said those Clenched Fist Saluting Revolutionary leftists that dominate all media keep it all hushed up! How can a mere individual like me find a link to what EVERY Right Think Red-blooded American knows....They control the media and they
Only people that should not be required to be armed 24/7 is nut cases.. Felons if they served their time for a little slip up where they shot 3 or 5 or so people, well they served their time....In fact one way we could be sure that felons understand the awesome responsibility would be to give them lessons about responsible gun ownership while they are in prison..that HAVE to attend..
Once they understand about responsible gun ownership EVERYBODY says that's the key so they won't offend again
It's only the nut cases that are the danger...If ya ax me it's simple: If you ever visited a psychiatrist, a psychologist, a consular, or an advisor of any sort---it means you're not sure if you're in control.
uh Duh! That's like being crazy so ban anybody who ever visited one of the above people for whatever the reason.
And according to all our well informed friends, ya know, the ones that wisely avoid the Comintern Controlled Trotskyist Media and never read anything, that's all you have to do and there won't be a single murder in the country!

Oh please shut up with your drivel about the media being 'left wing' and your defense of murderers that have guns. Rollo asked for a link to your 27 million cases of guns aborting criminal actions every year. The reason no one knows of this is because it never happens and where I live guns are everywhere.

janvanvurpa
19th January 2014, 20:32
Oh please shut up with your drivel about the media being 'left wing' and your defense of murderers that have guns. Rollo asked for a link to your 27 million cases of guns aborting criminal actions every year. The reason no one knows of this is because it never happens and where I live guns are everywhere.

Listen to me Spafranco: If you cannot see that my friend in San Diego---one of the more astute people on this forum from the US by the way---that he and I are making a BROAD PARODY of the usual drivel that the vast majority of the Americans on this forum and in real life vomit up constantly, then there is some serious problem of perception on your part....
And evidently you are so eager to pounce on people, that you MISSED ENTIRELY that it was overblown caricature....parody, redicule of those ghouls here who endlessly justify slaughter on some twisted version of some theoretical grounds....

They are madmen---but you cannot even recognize broad, obvious parody> :crazy:

You have a big gawddam chip on your shoulder and even though I understand your sentiment---that chip on the shoulder is blinding you. :angryfire

So mellow the fawk out---and don't you tell me to shut up.
I am as sick of their pro-slaughter, secret hero fantasy ravings as any normal person is but YOU, whatever your name, is need to OPEN YOUR EYES UP to who is who and direct your anger to the right people---not me....

Mi Caro Dottore Rapacini saw immediately that it was near corn-ball parody---why couldn't you?
because anger fills your eyes---just as it does theirs. :arrows:

Tazio
19th January 2014, 21:27

Listen to me Spafranco: If you cannot see that my friend in San Diego---one of the more astute people on this forum from the US by the way---that he and I are making a BROAD PARODY of the usual drivel that the vast majority of the Americans on this forum and in real life vomit up constantly, then there is some serious problem of perception on your part....
And evidently you are so eager to pounce on people, that you MISSED ENTIRELY that it was overblown caricature....parody, redicule of those ghouls here who endlessly justify slaughter on some twisted version of some theoretical grounds....

You have a big gawddam chip on your shoulder and even though I understand your sentiment---that chip on the shoulder is blinding you. :angryfire

I am as sick of their pro-slaughter, secret hero fantasy ravings as any normal person is but YOU, whatever your name, is need to OPEN YOUR EYES UP to who is who and direct your anger to the right people---not me....

Mi Caro Dottore Rapacini saw immediately that it was near corn-ball parody---why couldn't you?
because anger fills your eyes---just as it does theirs.

Good material Javan' It has been my experience, and you and I are about the same age, that there is a culture among southern Californian types who have played sports on a highly competitive level like us. We developed a rather unique sense of humor, traveling, competing, and hanging with guys that are just as wacked out as we are. I think it is a release mechanism from intense concentration and physical stress that our respective disciplines required.

I think the vast majority of the people that read your post knew exactly what you were saying. Sometimes it is a good idea for some of these freakin' guys (me included) to just steady your emotions, and engage your brain before you press enter.
BTW Did you read that I got creamed by a knucklehead running a red light while riding my Aprilia? :arrows:

Rollo
19th January 2014, 21:30
that he and I are making a BROAD PARODY of the usual drivel that the vast majority of the Americans on this forum and in real life vomit up constantly,then there is some serious problem of perception on your part....

I wasn't trying to deliver parody. :S

The figure of 27,459,206 is a rather precise one and looks like it came out of some data set.

Tazio
19th January 2014, 23:10
that he and I are making a BROAD PARODY of the usual drivel that the vast majority of the Americans on this forum and in real life vomit up constantly,then there is some serious problem of perception on your part....

I wasn't trying to deliver parody. :S

The figure of 27,459,206 is a rather precise one and looks like it came out of some data set.
Rollo why are you attributing a quote to me that Janvan' made? :crazy:

Rollo
20th January 2014, 00:23
Oh oops...

Starter
20th January 2014, 01:05
Listen to me Spafranco: If you cannot see that my friend in San Diego---.......Mi Caro Dottore Rapacini saw immediately that it was near corn-ball parody---why couldn't you?
I have to say that I really enjoyed your post poking fun at all of those who take an opposite view to yours. Quite humorous and, in some cases, on point.

However, I must point out that some of it, this particularly, "parody, redicule of those ghouls here who endlessly justify slaughter on some twisted version of some theoretical grounds...." is treading very closely to personal insult. Some of us believe that our Constitution says what it says for a reason and is a core part of what keeps us a (relatively) free people. While there is always room for debate and disagreement on most everything, insult is not an especially telling debate tool and will do little to further your point of view.

Spafranco
20th January 2014, 01:23

Seems to me that YOU have an anger problem when your disguised and not obvious remarks are challenged. Your so called tongue in cheek comments are lost and your vitriolic response to me does nothing to assuage my belief of same.
Now you go on your bully pulpit with your bold type indicating what?! Anger?I believe that is so as my kids tell me.
You did not reply to Rollo but you redirected your argument to a laughable torrent of abuse at me which quite frankly is sophomoric.
Where did your data come from, you, the one without a chip on his shoulder? By the way, as an American I understand the colloquial use of language. I recognize parody, satire and anger. I also recognize the fact that you have disdain for Americans. Is that part of your parody or the tree trunk on your shoulder where you are allowed to insult "the vast majority of Americans on this forum" with your unconstrained emotional outburst.

Tazio
20th January 2014, 02:20
Listen to me Spafranco: If you cannot see that my friend in San Diego---.......Mi Caro Dottore Rapacini saw immediately that it was near corn-ball parody---why couldn't you?
I have to say that I really enjoyed your post poking fun at all of those who take an opposite view to yours. Quite humorous and, in some cases, on point.

However, I must point out that some of it, this particularly, "parody, redicule of those ghouls here who endlessly justify slaughter on some twisted version of some theoretical grounds...." is treading very closely to personal insult. Some of us believe that our Constitution says what it says for a reason and is a core part of what keeps us a (relatively) free people. While there is always room for debate and disagreement on most everything, insult is not an especially telling debate tool and will do little to further your point of view.
Janvan’ has some rough edges when it comes to polite forum protocol, and in the past he was even borderline abusive IMO. But the shtick he originally posted was hysterical. I believe that the Americans with just a couple of exceptions have very sane legitimate right wing to rightwing /moderate opinions when it comes to the right to own guns. But he knows of the same trailer trash American nit wit Evangelical Aryan Brotherhood mentality (wana’ be even) :laugh: that imagine government conspiracies behind every single government policy. I don’t own any guns, but I have to admit that I like the idea that I could purchase one if I needed to. But unlike other gun advocates I don’t fear that the government of The United States of America is going to suddenly revoke the right of an American citizen like myself that doesn’t have any violent or felonious background from owning a firearm. I also don’t give a crap care how close they keep track of my gun. Anyway I give Janvan’ full points for political comedy, and suggest that maybe this group should grow a thicker skin and take what us so. cal old freakin' school scrub bros for the flaky sense of humor we developed that is actually a bit colloquial so you (even Americans from other regions) don't possess, not that I think you should possess it. ;)

janvanvurpa
20th January 2014, 02:33

Seems to me that YOU have an anger problem when your disguised and not obvious remarks are challenged. Your so called tongue in cheek comments are lost and your vitriolic response to me does nothing to assuage my belief of same.
Now you go on your bully pulpit with your bold type indicating what?! Anger?I believe that is so as my kids tell me.
You did not reply to Rollo but you redirected your argument to a laughable torrent of abuse at me which quite frankly is sophomoric.
Where did your data come from, you, the one without a chip on his shoulder? By the way, as an American I understand the colloquial use of language. I recognize parody, satire and anger. I also recognize the fact that you have disdain for Americans. Is that part of your parody or the tree trunk on your shoulder where you are allowed to insult "the vast majority of Americans on this forum" with your unconstrained emotional outburst.

Look bud you miss a hugely obvious point and begin your comment by telling me to shut up..You DID NOT recognize the obvious paraody which Doctor Rappocini./alka Fizzie saw clearly.

What sort of response do you expect?
Re my answer to you beginning with SHUT UP: it's not anger---it's a flat neutral response.....The disdain I have for "the vast majority of Americans" is because the majority posting on this chit-chat section of this Motorsport forum are ignorant central-casting Redneck "liber-tards' and authoritarians claiming to "liba-farians', the vast majority of which were regurgitationg Rush Limbaugh prattle back when Bush and Cp were attacking Iraq and all repeating " turn the whole mid-east into a glass parking lot"---How original...
I've been banned here for responding what i really think about these pseudo-fascists when they drone on about "What the founding fathers wanted" when there's yet another news report of some child or 20 splattered.
Any human with normal empathy would have disgust and disdain for any group where 99% of the time the response to people being murdered is canned NRA crap we've heard for 50 years.

I will say it clearly since you are so caught up in your anger that it is pitiful;
You dumb twit I made up some absurd figure of 27 million felonies because the moron gun nuts make up some figure---you didn't get the exageration.. You DON'T get language and that's the cause f much of your confused anger....
You do the "non-fascist" side of the country damage arguing as you do.

Now, you apologize for blurting out "shut up" and then stop going off half cocked.
I ain't the enemy, bub. THEY---those right wing NRA apologists/fantasy hero fools are.

Oh and shut up. :crazy:

PS you must be an American because you use the same dumb pretense of trying to smear anything you don't like as "emotional".
I pity people who try to pretend they aren't emotional. :rolleyes:

airshifter
20th January 2014, 03:32
Ah but Starter, they can't see the irony of their own posts. We have two of the liberal, peaceful, anti gun crowd at each others throats over what they perceive might be said from a radical right leaning type. So rather than deal with facts, they are dealing with assumptions, and both acting as they are the one taking the high road. :laugh:

Wait and you'll see the volley of attacks about being sensible, accurate in dealing with facts, blah, blah. Just like they are demonstrating, claiming to represent the liberal and peaceful left. :D

Rollo
20th January 2014, 03:57
What "facts"? I still haven't seen a link to any.

Tazio
20th January 2014, 04:24
Because there are no facts, only pluralities of factions many which are very different and can't agree on why it is we should have the right to bear arms. I actually think the whole discussion of gun ownership in the US is the domain of the U.S. and I'm not saying you shouldn't make your reasoning known, but this is an issue of The United States of America, and unless you are a citizen you have no vote on the matter. If the rest of the world really cared about the proliferation of gun violence in the U.S. they would impose sanctions on us to pressure us where it counts, but none of ya'awl boys got the balls to piss us off to that extent in any meaningful way!

Spafranco
20th January 2014, 15:15

You will not get any apology from me from your insensitive remarks. Lose a child sometime and feel what that is like. You're attempt at 'parody' is a shocking example of how believe it to be and hide behind it's nuance. Reminds me of Rush Limbaugh stating it was just satire when he told an African -American woman to shove a bone in her nose.
You will not get my apology so stop trying to get one.

Spafranco
20th January 2014, 15:22
Ah but Starter, they can't see the irony of their own posts. We have two of the liberal, peaceful, anti gun crowd at each others throats over what they perceive might be said from a radical right leaning type. So rather than deal with facts, they are dealing with assumptions, and both acting as they are the one taking the high road. :laugh:

Wait and you'll see the volley of attacks about being sensible, accurate in dealing with facts, blah, blah. Just like they are demonstrating, claiming to represent the liberal and peaceful left. :D

Why don't you expand on this very carefully thought out response indicative of one that is perceptive and able to view the political leanings of members. Name whom you are speaking of when you say "We have two of the liberal, peaceful, anti gun crowd at each others throats over ".
My guess is that you won't and my other guess is that YOU do not know the extent to what being liberal means.

In fact one of the tenets of liberal is used by you everyday. Just one, and then we have a multitude of others.

airshifter
20th January 2014, 16:13

There is quite a bit of statistical information and masses of studies involving guns in the US, but most of the anti gun lobby is never going to look at it, much less give it any credibility. Such data would provide inconvenient truths concerning gun laws and use, and as such those links don't fit that agenda.

Two quick ones from a simple search.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/larrybell/2013/05/14/disarming-realities-as-gun-sales-soar-gun-crimes-plummet

http://www.infowars.com/statistics-prove-more-guns-less-crime

A quote from the second link, since the topic was brought up here.

"The National Safety Council notes that guns are used some 2.5 million times a year in self defense against criminals, meaning that firearms are utilized to protect innocent lives in 80 times more cases than they are used to end lives."

Notice that in both links, as well as many others that document actual data, there are examples of crime rates increasing in cities and areas where stricter gun control laws were put in place. This is a trend that often follows a more global trend as well, with many of the most violent countries having strict laws about guns. Reality states that the criminal element ignores the laws, and they serve to only make life easier for the criminals.

I'm sure I'll now be labeled as a right wing, gun toting, child shooting, mentally unstable, radical lunatic. Or at least something of that nature. But as with the statements vs the links above, such childish insults won't be based on facts, so it really doesn't concern me. :D

airshifter
20th January 2014, 16:38

Why don't you expand on this very carefully thought out response indicative of one that is perceptive and able to view the political leanings of members. Name whom you are speaking of when you say "We have two of the liberal, peaceful, anti gun crowd at each others throats over ".
My guess is that you won't and my other guess is that YOU do not know the extent to what being liberal means.

In fact one of the tenets of liberal is used by you everyday. Just one, and then we have a multitude of others.

If it's not obvious who I was speaking of then there is a definite problem. Being you have gone so far as to claim the entire forum is right wing, and Janvanvurpa has countless times declared his leanings, it takes no perception at all from anyone familiar with either person.

As for the later statements, you seem to think I would be appalled to think that I am liberal in certain characteristics, yet I'm not at all concerned with that. I'm liberal in quite a few areas, ideals, and beliefs. I think myself and many others are more center than left of right of center, but what I really get a laugh out of is people who claim they are more centrist when in fact they display that they are often the radical leaning faction they often rail against.

In this case the insult hurling began very early, from two people who actually have similar views, yet due to misunderstandings were not both aware of that. The display of how the dialogue degraded so quickly would probably be a good example of why you won't often find reasoned, sensible, adult level discussion of the issue. Very few adults wish to degrade themselves to a childish exchange based on emotions and ideals rather than facts viewed as such.

Jag_Warrior
20th January 2014, 17:49
As was said on Lost, "it always ends the same..."

LOL @ gun control threads on MSF

Spafranco
20th January 2014, 22:00

If it's not obvious who I was speaking of then there is a definite problem. Being you have gone so far as to claim the entire forum is right wing, and Janvanvurpa has countless times declared his leanings, it takes no perception at all from anyone familiar with either person.

As for the later statements, you seem to think I would be appalled to think that I am liberal in certain characteristics, yet I'm not at all concerned with that. I'm liberal in quite a few areas, ideals, and beliefs. I think myself and many others are more center than left of right of center, but what I really get a laugh out of is people who claim they are more centrist when in fact they display that they are often the radical leaning faction they often rail against.

In this case the insult hurling began very early, from two people who actually have similar views, yet due to misunderstandings were not both aware of that. The display of how the dialogue degraded so quickly would probably be a good example of why you won't often find reasoned, sensible, adult level discussion of the issue. Very few adults wish to degrade themselves to a childish exchange based on emotions and ideals rather than facts viewed as such.
Show the posts where I have stated that the forum is predominately right wing and get off your high horse of self abuse indignation. If you want to call me a liberal mention my name.
Amusing to me to see that you have the audacity to try and articulate a point of view that is in itself an opinion or point of view when you talk about where, how and when the dialogue went wrong.
Just stick with what you know and not what you assume. I'll wait here patiently to see all those posts claiming political leanings.

Rollo
20th January 2014, 22:30

America will take 3 weeks to flagellate itself, make crying noises, boo hoo hoo and all that, forget about it and then wait another six months when another massacre will occur (in which time another 5750 people will have died because of guns) and we can all go around the merry go round again.

I am reminded of two famous kings at this point. Cnut who tried to hold back the sea with a pitchfork and Xerxes who got mad at the sea and had it lashed 300 times for destroying his bridges.

airshifter
21st January 2014, 02:46

All so true Jag. I just got a laugh how the liberals started fighting with each other about how the "radical thinking" right wingers would respond. As for Rollo, he first asked for information before ignoring it.... I think he is becoming more upright by the minute! :D

Show the posts where I have stated that the forum is predominately right wing and get off your high horse of self abuse indignation. If you want to call me a liberal mention my name.
Amusing to me to see that you have the audacity to try and articulate a point of view that is in itself an opinion or point of view when you talk about where, how and when the dialogue went wrong.
Just stick with what you know and not what you assume. I'll wait here patiently to see all those posts claiming political leanings.

Yawn.

I love this right wing forum. Any mention of President Obama going on vacation with a "purported cost of $100 million" is lapped up by the media here in the US as they did with the India trip, and the Clinton haircut.

It's political as it is always Republicans that make the accusation and as such why on earth shouldn't I point to Bush. He spent more time in Crawford during his second term than he did in the White House.
I'm fed up with you Shifter with your snippy little half camouflaged comments defending Bush.

Henner, why would you of all people like his post. Curious.

As for you Shifter, don't underestimate my understanding or knowledge of current affairs or any subject you deem as "not dealing with facts". Look to the CAO.

From this thread.... http://www.motorsportforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=104&t=158849

It took me all of a couple seconds to find your words. Actually if you do a Google search in this forum the term "right wing" seems to be spouted by yourself quite a bit, and applies to just about anything you don't like apparently. But don't let some facts get in the way of an argument.

There is no assumption on the where, why or how the things got heated and out of control. It's both obvious and hilarious at the same time. :laugh:

henners88
21st January 2014, 08:56
I knew this would be a laugh before I opened the thread :p

I used to get irate on here about guns, although there was a time when I enjoyed the debate too. The arguments were intelligently put forward on both sides and it was constructive. We just go round in circles these days though and in the mean time I realised there are better things to be worrying about than who is getting shot in the world. Sounds selfish, but hey, I look out for those closest to me now and am more worried about what is happening closer to home.

Spa mate, I think you missed the point a bit further back, at least that is my perception. Airshifter is one of the good guys lol. Nobody's opinions are going to change on matters like these and lets face it, the Chit Chat section would be a slow place if it weren't for the odd shooting. Saddle up cowboy yeee haa :facelick: :bandit:

airshifter
21st January 2014, 14:42
Henners,

Using the term "cowboy" was quite inappropriate, as now people might think Spa is a gun toting redneck cowboy. That might portray him as a right winger, and before you know it someone will attack him for that stance.

As for the gun issue, beaten to death and I agree most won't change their views. It's interesting that you mention that, as one of the articles that came up was about the public not being aware of the changes in gun and other violent crimes in the US. Though both have dropped substantially in the last couple of decades, most of the public isn't aware of that due to the media hype over shootings.

The one link points out that more people are beaten to death with fists and hands than are killed by rifles. Yet some people are scared to death of assault rifles still. I see nobody seeking hand regulation. ;)

Spafranco
21st January 2014, 15:46
Henners,

Using the term "cowboy" was quite inappropriate, as now people might think Spa is a gun toting redneck cowboy. That might portray him as a right winger, and before you know it someone will attack him for that stance.

As for the gun issue, beaten to death and I agree most won't change their views. It's interesting that you mention that, as one of the articles that came up was about the public not being aware of the changes in gun and other violent crimes in the US. Though both have dropped substantially in the last couple of decades, most of the public isn't aware of that due to the media hype over shootings.

The one link points out that more people are beaten to death with fists and hands than are killed by rifles. Yet some people are scared to death of assault rifles still. I see nobody seeking hand regulation. ;)

You pointed to a thread which was based upon a lie by the right. Certainly I'm going to make a remark regarding the topic. As for you the, "media hype"? Where is the "hype in reporting the death of 20 children?

Rollo
21st January 2014, 21:28
As for Rollo, he first asked for information before ignoring it.... I think he is becoming more upright by the minute! :D

I never got any :D

I like to see opinion grounded in fact. I think I do pretty well when it comes to finding fact and citing sources.

airshifter
22nd January 2014, 06:10
If you missed all the facts in those links, I would say not.

Without digging they reference the CIA, FBI, Dept of Justice, CDC, and the National Safety Council. All have vast websites but also masses of data. Within that one link there are a number of others which also share similar references.

Opinions mean little to nothing to me. Facts tell the true story.

Spafranco
22nd January 2014, 22:26
If you missed all the facts in those links, I would say not.

Without digging they reference the CIA, FBI, Dept of Justice, CDC, and the National Safety Council. All have vast websites but also masses of data. Within that one link there are a number of others which also share similar references.

Opinions mean little to nothing to me. Facts tell the true story.

If you do not care about opinions why are you so apt to make them?!

janvanvurpa
23rd January 2014, 01:41
Certain people strain so hard to present a (obvious) veneer of rectitude that it is almost pitiful the contortions they must do. One---a typical extremely uptight person doing everything short of typing Harumph! Harumph every other line posts a link to a magazine article written by some cook climate change denier who is
:Larry Bell Contributor
Follow (197)
show less

I am a professor and endowed professor at the University of Houston where I founded and direct the Sasakawa International Center for Space Architecture and head the graduate program in space architecture. My background deals extensively with research, planning and design of habitats, structures and other support systems for applications in space and extreme environments on Earth. I have recently written a new book titled "Climate of Corruption: Politics and Power Behind the Global Warming Hoax". It can be previewed and ordered at www.climateofcorruption.com (http://www.climateofcorruption.com).

So basically in the context of WHY a decrease in crime the author is just some schumck---not better no worse than any of the the people here.
The Mr. Veneer of Rectitude seems to think that nobody knows that correlation is not causation.. He may be one of the more obnoxiously uptight and contemptuous people here---always with impeccable, un-degraded superficial --but always superior--tone---- but he knows correlation is not causation---which is the point of those absurd links..
So even if Mr Un-degraded HARUMPH! poses as a reasonable person, that is merely a pose...

So Corporal---correlation is not causation....The decrease in gun violence could just as well be "proven" to be due to the global decrease in the amount of pirates....the true cause of global warming. And I have charts and graphs.

Let's see if the normal crowd of overly serious jerks realise that that was all ridicule...or if they start demanding links.. :stareup:
I have links!

Starter
23rd January 2014, 03:28
Let's see if the normal crowd of overly serious jerks realise that that was all ridicule...or if they start demanding links.. :stareup:
I have links!
So do I, but they're pretty much useless as I haven't worn french cuffs in years.