PDA

View Full Version : MTV3 won't air WRC 2014.

A.F.F.
8th January 2014, 23:05
Is there a channel that will anymore? If I want for some remote reason to watch WRC from TV, what channel will show it?

the sniper
8th January 2014, 23:20
Are Yle not interested? If the WRC can't get a terrestrial broadcaster in Finland, god help Red Bull getting them interested in the WRC elsewhere!

A.F.F.
8th January 2014, 23:29
YLE has a strange strategy. It's called; let's quit every deal have and show only programs which are spoken swedish. Nelonen won't be an answer because RedBull, well, they have not exactly overprized their product (WRC) but they won't lower the prize. Unfortunately they do not seem to understand that WRC doesn't interest but a few people anymore and there is no channel on earth that will pay what they want :mark:

RS
9th January 2014, 09:45
A few years ago the promoter was paying to have it screened in the UK, Red Bull need to be realistic.

Internet is nice for clips, but if I am watching a highlights programme or even live then I prefer to watch on a proper tv.

On this topic, does anyone know if WRC will be on tv in the UK this year?

AndyRAC
9th January 2014, 10:06
Oh dear, when will they ever learn? This isn’t F1 – You can’t charge ‘silly money’ for a minority Motorsport series. Get real.

ITV4 will have the highlights this year – but we don’t know when they will show them. I hope it’s on the Sunday night following the event.

DonJippo
9th January 2014, 13:06
Is there a channel that will anymore? If I want for some remote reason to watch WRC from TV, what channel will show it?

This is no surprise, it was a mistake from the beginning to have F1 and WRC on same network. I'm sure YLE is interested about WRC if the price is right and if there is none other then URHOTV will take it :(

Motorsportfun
10th January 2014, 14:46
Seems that Spain will broadcast THREE stages Live, while in Italy FOX Sports is listing only a stage on Saturday night. German TV also reached a deal with Promoter for 2014 season.

Hope UK (with two "factory" drivers involved and Ford/M-Sport with new car-evolution coming in Portugal!) and Finland will sort out a good free-to-air deal...

Tinke1979
10th January 2014, 15:06

This is no surprise, it was a mistake from the beginning to have F1 and WRC on same network. I'm sure YLE is interested about WRC if the price is right and if there is none other then URHOTV will take it :(

I think that URHOTV is already in bankruptcy(?).. Too bad that MTV announced not to show any WRC programs this year :(

jiipee64
10th January 2014, 15:27
Seems like I have to start planning several trips to WRC events this year....

Tinke1979
10th January 2014, 17:55

count me in! :D

pantealex
10th January 2014, 18:12

count me in! :D

and me, starting from SWEDEN!

A.F.F.
10th January 2014, 19:01
Good for you guys. This might the last chance to do so? For how long you guys think VW and others stay in WRC when they notice TV-deals are close to none, zero publicity? :mark:

J4MIE
11th January 2014, 18:53
BT Sport will be showing daily highlights as well as possibly live stages every event (two from Monte anyway). ITV4 will have event highlights probably similar to last year.

Motors TV will apparently shortly be on Freeview+ but not sure if you have to buy a Freeview+ box to receive it. Maybe also in HD later in the year. Lots of British Rallying to be shown including BTRDA, National Tarmac Championship, British Historic Championship plus a new 'Extra' show with footage of clubman events from all over! Only on Special Stage ;)

A.F.F.
11th January 2014, 21:15
Does Motors TV show WRC.

Franky
11th January 2014, 21:29
Does Motors TV show WRC.

Yes

Colin Clark ?@voiceofrally
Great to have @MotorsTV covering WRC again this year. And delighted to let you know commentary will be provided by myself and @Becsywecsy

A.F.F.
12th January 2014, 06:15
Thank you. I have a chance to include it to my channel package. :up:

DonJippo
23rd January 2014, 12:55
So Nelonen media will be showing WRC in Finland starting from Sweden. They are showing allready ERC and now also WRC, contract is for 2014 & 2015.

And what's best I have these channels :bounce:

A.F.F.
23rd January 2014, 15:38
Nelonen Pro you mean?

I have to settle for MotorsTV.

DonJippo
23rd January 2014, 20:23
Nelonen Pro you mean?

Yes Nelonen Pro, daily reviews and all possible live broadcasts there is.

A.F.F.
24th January 2014, 05:49
Cool thing they will bring it on Ruutu too.

DonJippo
3rd March 2014, 13:03
Most importantly rallienglanti is bäk :p

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=652109711523524