PDA

View Full Version : [WRC] News & rumours (part III)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

PLuto
15th December 2013, 21:47
[WRC] News & rumours (part III)

As there is coming new season, it is time to start a new part of News & rumours thread.

N.O.T
15th December 2013, 21:58
it would be nice to have the year on the title as well so we know which year it refers too and it will make searching for the thread easier when it gets old when for example we want to know what happened in year 2056

Jack4688`
15th December 2013, 22:12
Ahhh 2056, the year Daihatsu made their debut and VW won the manufacturer's title with the Golf Mk XIV

Teardrop
15th December 2013, 22:20
So...tomorrow new livery for DS3?

A FONDO
15th December 2013, 22:26
Ahhh 2056, the year Daihatsu made their debut and VW won the manufacturer's title with the Golf Mk XIV
:laugh: :D

danon
15th December 2013, 23:37
Golf Mk XIV sneak peek... :D

http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/4893/pwo2.jpg

kolin
16th December 2013, 06:52
:D :D

pantealex
16th December 2013, 17:37

No, same livery :(

Eli
16th December 2013, 18:11

No, same livery :(
bummer

stefanvv
16th December 2013, 18:57
Hardly, most likely VW UP generation X.

OnlyRally
17th December 2013, 09:53
Who will drive the second car in Jipocar team (http://www.crash.net/wrc/news/198991/1/prokop-confirms-2014-programme.html) 2014, starting already in Monte???

Mirek
17th December 2013, 10:02
I think it will be Slovak Jaroslav Melichárek.

OnlyRally
17th December 2013, 13:35
DMACK Tyres: We've got some exciting news coming your way later this week - there's still a few drivers out there to be announced… :bounce:

Roy
17th December 2013, 13:55
DMACK Tyres: We've got some exciting news coming your way later this week - there's still a few drivers out there to be announced… :bounce:
I had a vision, a bad one: DMACK M-Sport WRT :\

Mintexmemory
17th December 2013, 14:08

Novikov or Tanak?

er88
17th December 2013, 14:30

Novikov or Tanak?

I think Paddon

ThomasS
17th December 2013, 17:42
Paddon won't be competing at Monte.

efe-e
17th December 2013, 17:44
what about Novikov? Any rumors about him?

mousti
17th December 2013, 18:54
JB posted this on twitter

#WRC @HaydenPaddon entry to Monte-Carlo 2014 with Ford Fiesta R5 and after 7 Rallyes in WRC-2 category !

kober
17th December 2013, 19:23
@HaydenPaddon entry to Monte-Carlo 2014 with Ford Fiesta R5 and after 7 Rallyes in WRC-2 category !
2014 WRC2 champ? Or is Al-Kuwari doing the other six rounds? ;)

Bartolbia84
17th December 2013, 21:03
Da: Motorsport Island

Rally Italia Sardinia 2014
Too many changes in the organization of the RIS are just doing damage and apparently the only ones to known't this are the ACI vertices. The voices (which are becoming more concrete) give the city of Cagliari as the ideal location for the start and a town special stage, and the service park in the town of Alghero.
In all this Olbia is disappeared!
In time of need, it was decided to leave the Gallura's town, surely an immoral choice seen the latest adventures. E 'for this reason that many drivers (WRC/WRC2) are opting for the new Polish race rather than the total uncertainty and disorganization of the RIS in 2014 due to the low professionalism of the likely new facets of this global race.

Toyoda
17th December 2013, 22:07
Sorry who is JB

Andre Oliveira
17th December 2013, 22:09
jb_marcus, planetemarcus.com

jbmarcus21
19th December 2013, 11:20
Tanak is back with 3 rounds Fiesta Wrc and 9 Rounds R5 Fiesta .. except Monte event
http://planetemarcus.com/2014-drive-dma ... t-ketomaa/ (http://planetemarcus.com/2014-drive-dmack-wrt-avec-tanak-et-ketomaa/)

Kalm
19th December 2013, 11:21
Good news :) Tänak said he had time to think about what went wrong in 2012, and he is trying to avoid them again , lets see :)

pantealex
20th December 2013, 18:33
http://www.fia.com/2014-fia-wrc-manufac ... t-entrants (http://www.fia.com/2014-fia-wrc-manufacturers-list-entrants)

ENTRANT DRIVER

MANUFACTURERS:

CITROËN TOTAL ABU DHABI WORLD RALLY TEAM KRIS MEEKE (GBR)
(CITROËN DS3 WRC)

HYUNDAI MOTORSPORT THIERRY NEUVILLE (BEL)
(HYUNDAI i20 WRC)

M-SPORT WORLD RALLY TEAM * MIKKO HIRVONEN (FIN)
(FORD FIESTA RS WRC)

VOLKSWAGEN MOTORSPORT SÉBASTIEN OGIER (FRA)
(VOLKSWAGEN POLO R WRC)

WRC TEAMS:

JIPOCAR CZECH NATIONAL TEAM
(FORD FIESTA RS WRC)

RK M-SPORT WORLD RALLY TEAM
(FORD FIESTA RS WRC)

VOLKSWAGEN MOTORSPORT II
(VOLKSWAGEN POLO R WRC)

Notes:
The nominated Manufacturer driver must contest a minimum of 10 events, in accordance with the 2014 FIA WRC Sporting Regulations.

* Full entrant name to be confirmed.

The final registration date for WRC Teams to contest the FIA World Rally Championship for Manufacturers is 26 May 2014.

Prisoner Monkeys
20th December 2013, 21:44
Good news :) Tänak said he had time to think about what went wrong in 2012, and he is trying to avoid them again , lets see :)
Wasn't it an attitude problem? I seem to recall reading somewhere that he wasn't getting along with the mechanics. He did something of a Jenson Button - got into the top level of the sport too quickly, and wasn't mature enough to handle it. Self-reflection and self-awareness are usually a pretty good cure for that.

Kalm
20th December 2013, 22:27
I agree, but it seems he has matured a lot during his year off, some quotes from his press conference :

"This is my second and probably the last opportunity that must be taken to the maximum. I'm definitely trying to get mentally stronger, after "falling high" last year, I had time to think about it for a long time, I analyzed what I did wrong back then and I've certainly done a lot of conclusions."

And his girlfriend is pregrant with their first child :)

"Now I have an even greater motivation to do good, so that my child could be proud of me."

So I hope he is able to show that "new-found maturity" in the car :)

Prisoner Monkeys
20th December 2013, 23:04
I hope so too. When he was on form, he was pretty nifty. Maybe a little unpolished, but he had the potential to be more. I'll look forward to seeing the Tänak Attäck.

dimviii
21st December 2013, 13:11
After playing seven rounds of the world championship last year, Khalid Al Qassimi will compete in four in 2014: Sweden, Portugal, Sardinia and Spain .

In addition to the WRC program, the pilot will target the UAE league title MERC.

So, Citroën will count only one team entered in the championship this season.

http://www.rallye-sport.fr/seulement-qu ... l-qassimi/ (http://www.rallye-sport.fr/seulement-quatre-rallyes-pour-al-qassimi/)

Bartek
24th December 2013, 13:15
I'm not sure in 100% but from what I saw no Nasser this year in WRC, this mean no for Qatar in Fords???

A FONDO
24th December 2013, 14:22
Now officially confirmed from ALM - Novikov will not start the season. He could drive later if money from sponsor are found. I will not miss him much, he has proved to me his best achievement could be "the best of the rest".

Allyc85
24th December 2013, 17:06
I used to find his "commitment" and "bravery" entertaining but that wore off the longer this season went on. Really wouldnt be a shame if he wasn't in the WRC again as he has had so many chances to learn!

N.O.T
24th December 2013, 17:21
Novikov is a loss because he was fast... but he got his chances and he did not deliver to be considered a candidate for a non paid drive... he is still young so he might have another chance if he gets more money.

Fast Eddie WRC
24th December 2013, 21:41
Russian rally fans are very upset that M-Sport have given a chance to Elfyn Evans when Nokikov has much more WRC experience. :crazy:

Also they dont understand why some of their wealthy oil or gas companies (eg Gazprom) wont support him when they sponsor other sports stars and teams outside of Russia. ;(

Hopefully he will be back at some point as he has proper speed which some others will never have... :rolleyes:

rage82
24th December 2013, 22:15
Merry Christmas guys! Wish you all the best in 2014 ( rally ) year.

Rallyper
24th December 2013, 23:33
Russian rally fans are very upset that M-Sport have given a chance to Elfyn Evans when Nokikov has much more WRC experience. :crazy:

Also they dont understand why some of their wealthy oil or gas companies (eg Gazprom) wont support him when they sponsor other sports stars and teams outside of Russia. ;(

Hopefully he will be back at some point as he has proper speed which some others will never have... :rolleyes:

I´m not surprised if Evans as well as former driver in M-Sport Novikov was/is paying drivers. Obviously Novikov didn´t have money to pay Mr Wilson. Evans had.

Sulland
25th December 2013, 10:19
Novikov should do WRC2 or ERC if he feels he has more to prove!

WUff1
25th December 2013, 12:09
Novikov should do WRC2 or ERC if he feels he has more to prove!

+1

MJW
25th December 2013, 13:44

I´m not surprised if Evans as well as former driver in M-Sport Novikov was/is paying drivers. Obviously Novikov didn´t have money to pay Mr Wilson. Evans had.
Evans is not paying for his drive, its refreshing to see after years of pay drivers that someone has had a drive without bringing money.

Rallyper
25th December 2013, 15:32
So you mean MW has taken Evans under his arms in order to make him WRD with his own money? I´m sure money comes from external source regarding Evans, however it´s up to everyone to put it in his way of seeing it.

AndyRAC
25th December 2013, 15:49

Evans is not paying for his drive, its refreshing to see after years of pay drivers that someone has had a drive without bringing money.

Yeah, about time too. Meeke will be the same. British drivers are unable to bring money for a season in a WRCar.

Prisoner Monkeys
25th December 2013, 23:09
At the same time, that makes them more vulnerable if they under-perform.

GigiGalliNo1
26th December 2013, 11:34
Novikov might drive the spare Citroen during 3 rounds in 2014..

PLuto
26th December 2013, 11:59
So you mean MW has taken Evans under his arms in order to make him WRD with his own money? I´m sure money comes from external source regarding Evans, however it´s up to everyone to put it in his way of seeing it.

I agree with Rallyper. MW will not pay his money for any driver (maybe only his son). He is businessman...

amilk
26th December 2013, 15:54
A good businessman sometimes put his own money to something/somebody and realise loss in short term to have return and payback later on. But I don't think it's the case with Evans. We will se the source of money...

MJW
26th December 2013, 16:53

I agree with Rallyper. MW will not pay his money for any driver (maybe only his son). He is businessman...
MW has actually done this in the past, as was quoted in a previous post this puts massive pressure on a driver, Ott Tanak for example. Its easier to be tolerable when the €2M is paid by Norwegians or Russians. By the way Nasser was paying for Neuville, he himself wasnt paying MW.
Personally I think the blue oval may be discreetly be behind this years MSport line up.
Things are not as bad as they were economically ;-)

Fast Eddie WRC
26th December 2013, 17:04
Personally I think the blue oval may be discreetly be behind this years MSport line up.
Things are not as bad as they were economically ;-)

I think this may be the case. Ford seems to be doing better..

PLuto
26th December 2013, 17:05
Financial situation at M-Sport is not as bad as MW is presenting...

Prisoner Monkeys
26th December 2013, 21:44
Not according to Autosport's Russian edition, which claims he will skip the 2014 season entirely.

PLuto
26th December 2013, 21:58
Not according to Autosport's Russian edition, which claims he will skip the 2014 season entirely.

There is still a chance that Evgeny will start on some WRC events...

Mad cat jnr
26th December 2013, 23:18

Where has MW said that the financial situation at M-Sport is bad?

Juha_Koo
27th December 2013, 08:32

Where has MW said that the financial situation at M-Sport is bad?

Pluto said MW presenting, not said. I understand that there's a certain distinction between the two.

Mad cat jnr
27th December 2013, 13:14
Ok, where has he presented it is bad?

M-Sport will be fielding 2 cars on all rounds, I wish I could afford to do that!

Fast Eddie WRC
27th December 2013, 15:54
Sounds like they are doing OK from this on their website: :)

"M-Sport also operates a thriving customer business for private teams. It assists Ford drivers with programmes world-wide involving the Focus RS WRC, the Ford Fiesta S2000, the Ford Fiesta R2, GpN Ford Fiesta ST, the Ford Fiesta R1 and, new for 2013, the all-new Ford Fiesta R5 as well as the ground-breaking Ford Fiesta RRC and RS WRC."

They also expanded into GT Racing with Bentley in 2013:

"Having mastered the stages of the FIA World Rally Championship for the Ford Motor Company, the Cumbrian outfit caught the eye of Bentley Motors and were selected to spearhead the design and development of the Continental GT3 race car as the luxury firm’s technical partners.

Working closely with Bentley, M-Sport have aided in the creation of one of the industry’s most anticipated returns to racing. Completing the first car in just six months, the Continental GT3 made its first public appearance at the 2013 Goodwood Festival of speed.

As development continues, Bentley Motors and M-Sport continue to work closely to ensure the Continental GT3 is just as successful and competitive as its predecessors."

vino_93
27th December 2013, 16:58
Joakim Roman entered Rally Sweden with Millbrooks World Rally Team.
Will he do - or only the team - a World Rally program ?

Same for Martin Koci, entering with DS3 R3 ... WRC 3 + JWRC ?

Fast Eddie WRC
27th December 2013, 21:12
Vodafone is the new M-Sport sponsor ?!

Prisoner Monkeys
27th December 2013, 21:28
I doubt it. They have been scaling back all of their sponsorship portfolios this year, especially in motorsport. They terminated their contract with one of the V8 Supercar teams, and they are not renewing their deal with McLaren for 2014. I don't see why they would suddenly start sponsoring M-Sport.

jbmarcus21
27th December 2013, 21:34
3years deal from Rally sweden

it seems to be good ;)

http://planetemarcus.com/vodafone-avec- ... -du-qatar/ (http://planetemarcus.com/vodafone-avec-m-sport-en-2014-a-la-place-du-qatar/)

Rallying UK
27th December 2013, 21:52
M=SPORT / VODAFONE: Here's the English translation to the Spanish story:

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=es&tl=en&u=http://www.motoryracing.com/wrc/noticias/vodafone-sera-patrocinador-principal-msport-wrc/&usg=ALkJrhh0KfdZrmNAyZCvJVRiFuzes6wcdA

Jordib
27th December 2013, 22:14
Remember that 28 december is fool's day in Spain... and look to the source of the news.

Mad cat jnr
27th December 2013, 22:18
Ok... and what date is it today?

Jordib
27th December 2013, 22:23
27th december, but i bet it's a fool, in some hours we will know the true.

Prisoner Monkeys
28th December 2013, 05:14
Playing the Devil's Advocate for a moment, the WRC would make sense for Vodafone. They have scaled back their sponsorship portfolio, but they haven't completely ended it. It's rumoured that they wanted to get out of Formula 1 because they were forced to havetheir logos on the McLarens at last year's Bahrain Grand Prix, and although they managed to get their name replaced by a local partner's brand this year, the damage had been done. As for V8 Supercars, that was a decision taken by Vodafone Australia, because they were spending lots of money on sports (they also sponsored the cricket), but were taking lots of criticism for their patchy network coverage (for a network provider notorious for bad coverage, the Australian network was regularly criticised by the parent company).

So while those sponsor programs have ended, it's not a total withdrawal ordered from on high. The company will no doubt want some presence in sports, and the WRC would be relatively cheap compared to other sports. Plus, it would get fairly good coverage in the European markets, since ten of the thirteen rounds are on the continent.

AndyRAC
28th December 2013, 12:38
Seems to have gone quiet, maybe it was a Spanish hoax.

Having ended their F1 and Aussie V8 Supercar sponsorship, it would be slightly strange to the sponsor a WRC team - were the media coverage is still relatively poor.

RS
28th December 2013, 13:36
Having ended their F1 and Aussie V8 Supercar sponsorship, it would be slightly strange to the sponsor a WRC team - were the media coverage is still relatively poor.

True, although it would be a lot cheaper.

Motorsportfun
28th December 2013, 14:36

Cheaper??? Do you actually know how much does a full-season WRC effort costs? :laugh: :laugh:

Franky
28th December 2013, 15:50

Cheaper??? Do you actually know how much does a full-season WRC effort costs? :laugh: :laugh:

Less than McLaren's?

Motorsportfun
28th December 2013, 18:11
More expensive than some second-level F1-teams.

VW has a WRC budget close to 90-100 millions per season, Hyundai is not far away from that (about 80)... just to let you understand what's needed to be at the top of the sport. :)

RS
28th December 2013, 19:01

I mean it would be cheaper to sponsor a WRC team than F1 because WRC has little commercial value compared to F1, which I guess is why there are very few "real" sponsors involved in WRC.

AndyRAC
28th December 2013, 19:31
Exactly!!

Andre Oliveira
28th December 2013, 19:39
Less sponsors are involved because tobacco and alchoolic drinks can't sponsor.

MikeD
28th December 2013, 21:20
Less sponsors are involved because tobacco and alchoolic drinks can't sponsor.

Alchoolic drinks can sponsor (Johnnie Walker is on the McLaren F1 cars and Whyte and Mackay is on the Force India). It's only tobacco that's banned all together.

Fly_Half
28th December 2013, 21:25
I'd put money on it being a hoax. The original article on that Spanish website (which I doubt anyone has ever heard of...until now); was posted on the 27th but dated the 28th. Very suspicious.

jbmarcus21
28th December 2013, 22:11
Kubica prepares Janner Rally
http://planetemarcus.com/kubica-en-prep ... iesta-rrc/ (http://planetemarcus.com/kubica-en-preparation-pour-le-janner-rally-avec-la-fiesta-rrc/)

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/7300/p9xw.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/22/p9xw.jpg/)

Kielder
28th December 2013, 22:20
I'd put money on it being a hoax. The original article on that Spanish website (which I doubt anyone has ever heard of...until now); was posted on the 27th but dated the 28th. Very suspicious.

Of course it is, but he reached what he wanted: much more visits yesterday than ever on that s***t of website.
Although there are a few good rallying journalists in Spain, the guy who spit those words isn't one of them. Believe me, breaking news like that won't ever have a Spanish website as source...

Prisoner Monkeys
28th December 2013, 22:29
And the respectable journalists wouldn't pick the 28th to break a story like that. The world has become increasingly aware that 28 December is a day for practical jokes, so publishing a story like that would be the same as a British site running it on 1 April.

Allyc85
28th December 2013, 22:41
Confirmed as a hoax by the oxygen theives that started it. Obviously the whole world should know what days these hoaxs start..

Prisoner Monkeys
28th December 2013, 22:54
Actually, it's my understanding that in Spain, being tricked is actually seen as being a good thing. If you are tricked, you are an innocent; if you question it, you are a cynic. Innocence, therefore, is the better virtue.

Fast Eddie WRC
28th December 2013, 23:28
Actually, it's my understanding that in Spain, being tricked is actually seen as being a good thing. If you are tricked, you are an innocent; if you question it, you are a cynic. Innocence, therefore, is the better virtue.

Ha ha you reading this NOT :)

Prisoner Monkeys
28th December 2013, 23:31
It's why the day is called the "Day of the Innocents". Although it obviously loses a lot of its context outside Spain.

Jordib
28th December 2013, 23:51
I still can't believe how so many people inside and outside of Spain had appointed this silly joke as real news. For me there was never any chance to believe it and as Kielder says this kind of news will never come from a spanish website.

Prisoner Monkeys
29th December 2013, 02:10
People outside Spain fall for it because they don't have much exposure to the Day of the Innocents, so they aren't aware it is a day for practical jokes (the only reason why I know about it is because they have done it a few times in Formula 1).

RS
29th December 2013, 09:58

VW has a WRC budget close to 90-100 millions per season, Hyundai is not far away from that (about 80)... just to let you understand what's needed to be at the top of the sport. :)

I am quite sceptical that anyone would spend that much on WRC. Possibly in the first year when they have to set up their facilities and design and develop a brand new car, but not as an annual budget surely?

Anyway, I guess the likes of M-Sport are not spending anywhere close to that.

Prisoner Monkeys
29th December 2013, 10:12
Yeah, that's an unreasonable figure. And M-Sport has their customer car programme, which would be a tidy little earner for them. After all, they keep doing it. So it's not like a sponsor would have to pay for the team's full budget.

Motorsportfun
29th December 2013, 23:57

I am quite sceptical that anyone would spend that much on WRC. Possibly in the first year when they have to set up their facilities and design and develop a brand new car, but not as an annual budget surely?

As for VW and Hyundai, I knew that because of some friends inside both teams.

Don't know how much difference there is between VW/Hyundai and M-Sport "factory" programme, but I'm sure it's quite big!!!! Can't say how much do they spend for WRC.

PLuto
30th December 2013, 01:13

As for VW and Hyundai, I knew that because of some friends inside both teams.

Don't know how much difference there is between VW/Hyundai and M-Sport "factory" programme, but I'm sure it's quite big!!!! Can't say how much do they spend for WRC.

Motorsportsfun is correct with the ammounts, for example Hyundai has same ammount every year in their whole 5-years programme. And there is one big difference between Citroen/VW/Hyundai and "brittish" factory programmes like M-Sport, Prodrive or MSD. Manufacturers in first group are making their rally program to make a big promotion for the manufacturer, companies in second group are making it primary for their business...

Tom206wrc
30th December 2013, 12:22
Same for Martin Koci, entering with DS3 R3 ... WRC 3 + JWRC ?

I didn't read OFFICIAL news about Citroën in JWRC yet :confused:
But I've read in a press release that the Citroën Top Driver was still running in 2014 :confused:

bluuford
30th December 2013, 13:22
No official news yet.Even on the official regulations are telling shorltly:JWRC regulations=TBA

Prisoner Monkeys
30th December 2013, 23:01
The first round of this year's JWRC was in Portugal. I'm assuming that the FIA is going to do something similar this year, so even though the start of the WRC, -2 and -3 seasons is in three weeks, the start of the JWRC wouldn't be for another three months. They've got plenty of time to sort out those regulations if that's what needs to be done.

Bartolbia84
31st December 2013, 08:21
Hello friends! I write from Sardinia Alghero ... then as seat of the Park Service, print and tv area and confirmed. The service will be located on the seafront, a few steps from the historic centre that deserves to be visited and from the beaches.
6 km from Alghero service to an international airport, connected with many European cities and several hotels.
The start of the race will be from Cagliari (also confirmed this), late-night Thursday with special trial in the waterfront city of about 3 km.
Friday's tests will be in the area of Oristano (ex 2011 proofs), he will run Saturday in Monte Acuto (Coiluna tests, mounts of Alà, Monte Lerno) and Sunday the evidence of Sassarese (Castelsardo, Osilo). Many tests will be unpublished, the test species Osilo.

miniwintz
31st December 2013, 09:05
Hello friends! I write from Sardinia Alghero ...
more importantly, is there any snow yet?

Mintexmemory
31st December 2013, 13:39
Hello friends! I write from Sardinia Alghero ...
more importantly, is there any snow yet?

Unlikely since Alghero is at sea level! Although the waves were coming over the promenade when I was there in 2007 and it did snow on the mountains between Alghero and Olbia that time.
There has been snow in the Alps I understand, two weeks to go before arriving in Nice :bounce:

Bartolbia84
1st January 2014, 09:53
ALGHERO

http://paradiseintheworld.com/wp-conten ... kyline.jpg (http://paradiseintheworld.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/alghero-skyline.jpg)

jbmarcus21
1st January 2014, 16:21
Happy New Year '14

Here the Hightlights Wrc Season 2014
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMbIhbdiaAw

Motorsportfun
2nd January 2014, 00:29
Alghero is not a bad idea, as it's Sardinia's "Barcelona". It's twin to Tarragona (WRC Spain) city and they speak Catalan too! :smokin:

Mintexmemory
2nd January 2014, 10:36
Alghero is not a bad idea, as it's Sardinia's "Barcelona". It's twin to Tarragona (WRC Spain) city and they speak Catalan too! :smokin:
But it is the size of a postage stamp (and the Polisportiva Alghero ground is hardly the Nou Camp) ;)

Motorsportfun
2nd January 2014, 12:27
Definitely. But it will looks nice IMHO. :D

Prisoner Monkeys
2nd January 2014, 23:57
This is apparently Kubica's livery, or at least a pretty reasonable prediction based on what we saw from the Janner Rallye testing videos:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 9278_o.jpg (https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/1519770_703360496349616_224229278_o.jpg)

jbmarcus21
3rd January 2014, 20:52
rally wrc argentina 2014 road program is out http://planetemarcus.com/saison-wrc/wrc ... tine-2014/ (http://planetemarcus.com/saison-wrc/wrc-rallye-argentine-2014/)

jbmarcus21
5th January 2014, 21:03
Today Evans testing new fiesta Wrc 2014 Ford M-Sport

Full Gallery [PHOTO] http://planetemarcus.com/ford-m-sport-p ... arlo-2014/ (http://planetemarcus.com/ford-m-sport-prepare-le-rallye-wrc-monte-carlo-2014/)

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/8323/t2la.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/194/t2la.jpg/)

http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/4698/e9d4.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/834/e9d4.jpg/)

makinen_fan
7th January 2014, 14:26
Interesting interview with Mikko
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/112047

Teardrop
7th January 2014, 16:32
VW with the same livery for 2014?!
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater (https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=662487317141741&set=a.139820712741740.27706.136266656430479&type=1&theater)

And M-Sport's livery for 2014? Will be presented at "Autosport Show" next thursday?

TheFlyingTuga
7th January 2014, 17:23
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater (https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=662487317141741&set=a.139820712741740.27706.136266656430479&type=1&theater)

And M-Sport's livery for 2014? Will be presented at "Autosport Show" next thursday?

The hood looks a bit different, as well as the top of the car! Let's wait

dimviii
7th January 2014, 17:45
http://bhmultimedias.wordpress.com/2014 ... -du-monde/ (http://bhmultimedias.wordpress.com/2014/01/07/larrivee-dun-nouveau-constructeur-en-rallye-avec-le-soutient-dun-ancien-champion-du-monde/)

dimviii
7th January 2014, 17:49

The hood looks a bit different, as well as the top of the car! Let's wait

also the side paint is different
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BdY_kNiIQAA96-t.jpg

Teardrop
7th January 2014, 18:12
True! But it's almost the same. Nothing really different.

HaCo
7th January 2014, 19:04
Does anybody know something more?
http://feedly.com/k/1ejmnFZ
JRM partnering with manufacturer and ex world champion for a new rally car. RC2? Nissan?

Sent from my ARCHOS 80G9 using Tapatalk

HaCo
7th January 2014, 19:16
More on Thursday http://www.jrm-group.com/jrm-rally/news ... e-unveiled (http://www.jrm-group.com/jrm-rally/news/December-2013/new-rally-project-to-be-unveiled)

AndyRAC
7th January 2014, 19:51
That's interesting. I know they have run Nissan GT-R's in GT racing and Nissan powered LMP2 cars, as well as Gwyndaf in the BRC in a Lancer Evo X in 2010. I hope it's a GT car rather than a GpN Evo/ STi.

dimviii
7th January 2014, 20:38
That's interesting. I know they have run Nissan GT-R's in GT racing and Nissan powered LMP2 cars, as well as Gwyndaf in the BRC in a Lancer Evo X in 2010. I hope it's a GT car rather than a GpN Evo/ STi.

Andy its at ''rally'' column at their site. ;)

jbmarcus21
7th January 2014, 20:43
Mikko back at home !

Full gallery Test Days http://planetemarcus.com/ford-m-sport-p ... ry/page/2/ (http://planetemarcus.com/ford-m-sport-prepare-le-rallye-wrc-monte-carlo-2014/nggallery/page/2/)

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/7992/nwkq.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/62/nwkq.jpg/)

Andre Oliveira
7th January 2014, 23:07
Prokop
https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/q71/995009_10152121104310733_851030778_n.jpg
Melichárek
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/1512684_245504672277470_1253968087_n.jpg
Bertelli
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/1491724_245506262277311_1765393109_n.jpg
Maurin
https://scontent-b-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/q71/s720x720/1521997_245128142315123_410368408_n.jpg

makinen_fan
8th January 2014, 11:19
Some good news for Wales Rally GB

@MNRally:

Welsh government confirms support of @WalesRallyGB for next two years following success of 2013 event. Rally will get up to £1.5m per year

jbmarcus21
8th January 2014, 21:17
Fafe Rally Sprint 2014
http://planetemarcus.com/fafe-rally-sprint-2014/

Andre Oliveira
8th January 2014, 22:49
1st and 2nd editon were fantastic, this year will be awesome, 3rd stage will be night stage. wOw can't wait....

irish_tiger
9th January 2014, 08:22
Prokop
https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/q71/995009_10152121104310733_851030778_n.jpg
Melichárek
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/1512684_245504672277470_1253968087_n.jpg
Bertelli
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/1491724_245506262277311_1765393109_n.jpg
Maurin
https://scontent-b-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/q71/s720x720/1521997_245128142315123_410368408_n.jpg

Are they Pirelli tyres on Bertelli's car ?

Mirek
9th January 2014, 08:45
Yes, they are.

makinen_fan
9th January 2014, 11:09
DMACK just announced the following:
DMACK and M-Sport partner for Drive DMACK Fiesta Cup. 5 WRC rounds in Fiesta R2. Winner gets full WRC2 in Fiesta R5 pic.twitter.com/dKkjOCALbN
5 rounds are Portugal, Poland, Finland, Germany and France in @DovenbyHall prepared Fiesta R2s. Cost £99,950. Biggest prize in world rally!

Lets see which if it attracts more competitors than FIA's JWRC. Seems a better deal though!

mousti
9th January 2014, 11:22
Now JWRC will suck even more. Ridiculous..

bluuford
9th January 2014, 11:23
It was kind of expected move.. but even more radical than initially expected. 121 000 EUR for 5 rounds is approximately 25 000 EUR for event.. hmm not bad.

Doon
9th January 2014, 12:12
How much will the JWRC be in the DS3 R3? I guess they are far more expensive to run than the R2 Fiesta?

Mintexmemory
9th January 2014, 12:30
Looks like a huge miscalculation by FIA / Citroen. Did they think that Malc would scrap his stable of Polish R2s? Not an FIA title but a nice mini series and those rallies benefit from extra, full distance, entries.

AMSS
9th January 2014, 12:34
How much will the JWRC be in the DS3 R3? I guess they are far more expensive to run than the R2 Fiesta?

Completely unofficial but according to one of the JWRC contendors from last year than the all in price for DS3 2014 is close to 300K€.
But as said I can`t be sure.

Kalm
9th January 2014, 12:47
so JWRC winner gets 6 events in an R5, M-sport/Dmack winner gets full season, and its basically 1/3 the money JWRC is ?

Dug83
9th January 2014, 13:05
so JWRC winner gets 6 events in an R5, M-sport/Dmack winner gets full season, and its basically 1/3 the money JWRC is ?

Full WRC2 which is 6 or 7 rounds I think

makinen_fan
9th January 2014, 13:08
Press release says a 7 round WRC2 program

focus206
9th January 2014, 14:09
More on Thursday http://www.jrm-group.com/jrm-rally/news ... e-unveiled (http://www.jrm-group.com/jrm-rally/news/December-2013/new-rally-project-to-be-unveiled)

http://www.jrm-group.com/jrm-rally
I don't know if it's my problem, I can't read the full article (nothing happens if I click Read More), but from the title, Subaru WRX N4?

fegh
9th January 2014, 14:25
can Grp N cars still be homologated ?

Mirek
9th January 2014, 14:31
Yes, R4 not I think.

fegh
9th January 2014, 14:32
thanks Mirek

focus206
9th January 2014, 14:34
Now I can read it, it must have been a temporary problem. And I see the world champion they were talking about is Niall McShea (2004 Group N Champion) :)

TheFlyingTuga
9th January 2014, 14:35

http://www.jrm-group.com/jrm-rally
I don't know if it's my problem, I can't read the full article (nothing happens if I click Read More), but from the title, Subaru WRX N4?

Yes, and a partnership between JRM and STI. The World Champion it's Nial McShee and he will be the developer of the car! That's a hell of a big fuss to something so small

AndyRAC
9th January 2014, 14:38
Have to be honest – I find it a bit underwhelming. GpN….. Yawn……..
But both team & driver are good – so I wish them luck.

Bartolbia84
9th January 2014, 21:11
Now it's OFFICIAL, the Rally Italy 2014 will not have as headquarters Alghero and the entire Riviera del Corallo, but rather the entire Gallura and Olbia. After the statements of the President of the Region of Sardinia, Ugo cappellacci, there are no more doubts. Now finally will come back to talk about real rally and not political games

dimviii
9th January 2014, 22:08
''new'' colors for polo
https://scontent-b-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/q71/s720x720/1495484_10151839242685754_1159611826_n.jpg
https://scontent-b-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/q77/s720x720/1526876_10151839257640754_1540096932_n.jpg

Tom206wrc
10th January 2014, 04:03

Though for a driver it remains more exciting to drive an R3 than an R2 ;)

A FONDO
10th January 2014, 09:36
''new'' colors for polo
https://scontent-b-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/q71/s720x720/1495484_10151839242685754_1159611826_n.jpg
https://scontent-b-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/q77/s720x720/1526876_10151839257640754_1540096932_n.jpg
the number is new http://www.zockerstrich.de/vbsforum/images/smilies/USFTECHsmilies/badgrin.gif

Mirek
10th January 2014, 09:43

For me it's also more exciting to drive a Porsche than my own car but somehow I can't afford it...

PLuto
10th January 2014, 11:56

But for everybody (especially for young) it is mainly about money...

PLuto
10th January 2014, 11:58

Ok, to say the truth, 99 500 £ is only starting price for the project, with M-Sport there are usually very high additional costs for damaged things on the car...

Rallyper
10th January 2014, 12:21

Ok, to say the truth, 99 500 £ is only starting price for the project, with M-Sport there are usually very high additional costs for damaged things on the car...

I thought assurances covered that type of costs...? Maybe expensive assurance is additional?

PLuto
10th January 2014, 14:11

I thought assurances covered that type of costs...? Maybe expensive assurance is additional?

I think there is some insurance, but also big "participation" (I dont know if the word is correct). And this additional costs are really high. At least experience from last years told it...

makinen_fan
10th January 2014, 14:46
Not WRC but worth a look Walter Rorhl interview:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzkSCOa-dNw#t=217

wrc45
10th January 2014, 19:48
Does anybody know, how many people watched Rally France live coverage?

Micke_VOC
10th January 2014, 21:09
Two well known WRC-drivers are on the entrylist to the Swedish Championship Wintersprint 18 January..
Both Petter Solberg and Thomas Rådström will drive Citroen WRC-cars ....

vino_93
10th January 2014, 21:58
Does anybody know, how many people watched Rally France live coverage?
In France that shouldn't be high, as Sport + as not so many suscribers ... I'll try to find this !

Edit : find a study who talked about this. In France, during 10 days around the 2013 rally, media talks 3600 times of it. Kantar Sport who made the study said that was the most shown events in WRC. 176 millions people in cumulative audience (for those, like me, who aren't specialist of audience rates, that means that at least 176 millions people were exposed to the rally by media).
But I can't find figures for Sport+ / Canal + live stages.

HaCo
11th January 2014, 09:33
It looks to be back on MotorsTV this year!

Jack4688`
11th January 2014, 11:00
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/112090

Looks like it will be BT Sport. Either well done WRC Promoter for not putting it on free to air TV :evil:

mousti
11th January 2014, 11:01
It looks to be back on MotorsTV this year!
Commentary by Colin and Becs.

MJW
11th January 2014, 17:41
Looking at the final colour scheme of Mikko and Elfyn's car the main logo as Castrol, MSPORT and Ford Eco Boost gets very large logo, and the background colour is Ford Performance blue. I think that answers the fact that Elfyn is not bringing money for his drive.

Rallyper
11th January 2014, 18:34
Looking at the final colour scheme of Mikko and Elfyn's car the main logo as Castrol, MSPORT and Ford Eco Boost gets very large logo, and the background colour is Ford Performance blue. I think that answers the fact that Elfyn is not bringing money for his drive.

So be it. Maybe I was wrong. Just wish it works out well for Evans as well for MW. I do believe it could.

the sniper
11th January 2014, 19:17
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/112090

Looks like it will be BT Sport. Either well done WRC Promoter for not putting it on free to air TV :evil:

It'll still be on ITV4 too, so it will be FTA...

Jack4688`
11th January 2014, 19:39
[quote="Jack4688`":3furlyv5]http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/112090

It'll still be on ITV4 too, so it will be FTA...[/quote:3furlyv5]

I hope you're right. Even 1 hour highlights on a Tuesday evening when I know the result is better than no coverage at all (for cheapskates like me who won't pay for anything more than freeview)!

Zeropt
11th January 2014, 20:34
M-Sport`s 2014 livery:

http://www.m-sport.co.uk/media/k2/items/cache/27b4275cdf67fac8ef7af010ec180724_L.jpg

bassist
11th January 2014, 22:07
Like the look of that! A Ford backed vehicle if ever I saw one,

vino_93
11th January 2014, 23:33
In the last Auto Hebdo, it's said that Hyundai will sell its i20 WRC after this year to private teams, for WRC or national championships :) I hope VW will do the same, but I have big doubts about it ...

pantealex
12th January 2014, 08:09
In the last Auto Hebdo, it's said that Hyundai will sell its i20 WRC after this year to private teams, for WRC or national championships :) I hope VW will do the same, but I have big doubts about it ...

For Hyundai it´s easy to sell, because they will have new car for 15´
They have no use for current 14´cars

ThomasS
13th January 2014, 07:25
Nice article with John Kennard talking about Hayden Paddon

http://www.stuff.co.nz/marlborough-expr ... n-to-excel (http://www.stuff.co.nz/marlborough-express/sport/9595499/Kennard-driven-to-excel)

noel157
13th January 2014, 10:29
[quote="the sniper":w1r7b6ei][quote="Jack4688`":w1r7b6ei]http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/112090

It'll still be on ITV4 too, so it will be FTA...[/quote:w1r7b6ei]

I hope you're right. Even 1 hour highlights on a Tuesday evening when I know the result is better than no coverage at all (for cheapskates like me who won't pay for anything more than freeview)![/quote:w1r7b6ei]

You have an internet connection, no? Anything is possible. :)

Rallyper
13th January 2014, 17:18
Unconfirmed rumours that Henning Solberg will contest eight rounds of 2014 WRC. Swedish spareparts company (Skruvat.se) will sponsor him, starting with Rally Sweden.

RS
13th January 2014, 18:36
Unconfirmed rumours that Henning Solberg will contest eight rounds of 2014 WRC. Swedish spareparts company (Skruvat.se) will sponsor him, starting with Rally Sweden.

There is one thing Henning is great at and that is putting together funding for a WRC programme; now he is old perhaps he should turn his hand to management and helping young and upcoming drivers in this way.

Andre Oliveira
13th January 2014, 19:30
Great, i am big fan of Henning

pantealex
13th January 2014, 19:40

There is one thing Henning is great at and that is putting together funding for a WRC programme; now he is old perhaps he should turn his hand to management and helping young and upcoming drivers in this way.

He is 1 year older than Loeb ;)

SubaruNorway
13th January 2014, 20:38

Not rumors but he's not sure if it will be 8 WRC or WRX rounds

RS
13th January 2014, 21:27

He is 1 year older than Loeb ;)

I was trying to be polite :laugh:

danon
13th January 2014, 22:30
Quote:

BONUS TO VIEWERS ... with different colored stickers placed on the windshield of the racing cars the FIA wants to make it easy for the fans to identify all the different categories during the rallies of the World Rally Championship

http://translate.google.nl/translate?sl ... ml&act=url (http://translate.google.nl/translate?sl=bg&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fbgnrc.info%2Foshte-na-saita%2Fwrc%2Fitem%2F%25D1%2581-%25D1%2586%25D0%25B2%25D0%25B5%25D1%2582%25D0%25BE %25D0%25B2%25D0%25B5-%25D1%2584%25D0%25B5%25D0%25B4%25D0%25B5%25D1%2580 %25D0%25B0%25D1%2586%25D0%25B8%25D1%258F%25D1%2582 %25D0%25B0-%25D1%2589%25D0%25B5-%25D1%2583%25D0%25BB%25D0%25B5%25D1%2581%25D0%25BD %25D1%258F%25D0%25B2%25D0%25B0-%25D1%2584%25D0%25B5%25D0%25BD%25D0%25BE%25D0%25B2 %25D0%25B5%25D1%2582%25D0%25B5.html&act=url)

http://bgnrc.info/images/stories_new/405-WRC-others/2014-Screen-Stikers.jpg

Sulland
13th January 2014, 23:09

He is, his son Oskar did his first Rally in a Fiesta R1 in the youth class (16-18 yrs) last weekend ! :p

PLuto
13th January 2014, 23:15
Quote:

BONUS TO VIEWERS ... with different colored stickers placed on the windshield of the racing cars the FIA wants to make it easy for the fans to identify all the different categories during the rallies of the World Rally Championship

http://translate.google.nl/translate?sl ... ml&act=url (http://translate.google.nl/translate?sl=bg&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fbgnrc.info%2Foshte-na-saita%2Fwrc%2Fitem%2F%25D1%2581-%25D1%2586%25D0%25B2%25D0%25B5%25D1%2582%25D0%25BE %25D0%25B2%25D0%25B5-%25D1%2584%25D0%25B5%25D0%25B4%25D0%25B5%25D1%2580 %25D0%25B0%25D1%2586%25D0%25B8%25D1%258F%25D1%2582 %25D0%25B0-%25D1%2589%25D0%25B5-%25D1%2583%25D0%25BB%25D0%25B5%25D1%2581%25D0%25BD %25D1%258F%25D0%25B2%25D0%25B0-%25D1%2584%25D0%25B5%25D0%25BD%25D0%25BE%25D0%25B2 %25D0%25B5%25D1%2582%25D0%25B5.html&act=url)

Why the colors are in "german version?

tolis
13th January 2014, 23:25
Quote:

No, they are not.
http://www.forum-rallye.com/index.php?a ... h_id=14308 (http://www.forum-rallye.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=14308)

danon
13th January 2014, 23:38

"coincidence"...

Roy
14th January 2014, 08:32
No, they are not.
http://www.forum-rallye.com/index.php?a ... h_id=14308 (http://www.forum-rallye.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=14308)

This picture shows a Hyundai of Sordo with a flag of Spain....

The colors are indeed the colors of the flag of Germany. I was thinking the same: "Why these colors?"
https://www.google.nl/search?q=german+f ... =766&dpr=1 (https://www.google.nl/search?q=german+flag&client=firefox-a&hs=yfL&rls=org.mozilla:nl:official&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=b_XUUpjYN4mtkAWlxoCoDQ&ved=0CDEQsAQ&biw=1600&bih=766&dpr=1)

dimviii
14th January 2014, 08:48
No, they are not.

This picture shows a Hyundai of Sordo with a flag of Spain....

The colors are indeed the colors of the flag of Germany. I was thinking the same: "Why these colors?"
https://www.google.nl/search?q=german+f ... =766&dpr=1 (https://www.google.nl/search?q=german+flag&client=firefox-a&hs=yfL&rls=org.mozilla:nl:official&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=b_XUUpjYN4mtkAWlxoCoDQ&ved=0CDEQsAQ&biw=1600&bih=766&dpr=1)

look at the side entry sticker at i20 door

Roy
14th January 2014, 09:56
Ah, that is green! ;)

PLuto
14th January 2014, 11:06
But I thought that we were talking about windscreen...

miniwintz
14th January 2014, 11:37
It's green, too!

http://i.imgur.com/z60xM5wl.jpg (http://i.imgur.com/z60xM5w.jpg)

Really weird that they "stacked" the two banners, it would make much more sense to have only one (i.e. dropping the hideous "Hyundai" banner)...

dimviii
14th January 2014, 11:40
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bestofrall ... /lightbox/ (http://www.flickr.com/photos/bestofrallylive/11944340253/lightbox/)

Mirek
14th January 2014, 11:53
Looks like a chocolate cake...

Motorsportfun
14th January 2014, 15:55
New website is ON!

http://i41.tinypic.com/2sb7fk3.jpg

Motorsportfun
14th January 2014, 15:57
A WRC TV guide for 2014 rights-holder is still missing.

I don't like that much the "cloud" on the bottom of homepage, with random boxes...

Btw, it's a thumb up. At least, is a more fresh website for a proper world championship. It was absolutely needed. :D

Barreis
14th January 2014, 17:09
New website is ON!

http://i41.tinypic.com/2sb7fk3.jpg
Works on explorer and not on firefox... :P

Motorsportfun
14th January 2014, 17:30
But it works on Firefox! I have the wolf... :D

P.S.: complete TV-guide, with all rights-holder, will be published on February, with all tv logos and schedules! :)

A FONDO
14th January 2014, 17:43
for me in Firefox the whole page is 400-500 pixels wide http://ftalphaville.ft.com/wp-content/plugins/assanka_web_chat/img/emoticons/thumbs_down.gif

Franky
14th January 2014, 18:10
Let's see how the website survives the first day. For me the damn page loads quite a long time compared to other pages.

RS
14th January 2014, 19:35
Two things about the website:

- I noticed Ford are not listed as a partner.
- I am pleased the third-party advertising banners are gone - that was really unprofessional for the official website of a world championship!

Motorsportfun
14th January 2014, 20:06
^^

Ford is not officially involved in the series, but instead there's a privately-funded programme by M-Sport. That's the reason Ford doesn't appear. Just like last year happened.

Barreis
14th January 2014, 20:41
It works now in firefox also.

Fast Eddie WRC
14th January 2014, 20:54
They could've found a better photo of Elfyn Evans ! :skull:

http://www.wrc.com/fileadmin/upload/img/teaser_driver/teaser_547.jpg

Micke_VOC
14th January 2014, 23:03
And Ogier is already on the page of "Legend-drivers" =)
http://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/drivers/legen ... 94---.html (http://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/drivers/legends/page/111-94---.html)

Motorsportfun
14th January 2014, 23:08
And there's NOT space for people like Henri Toivonen or Walter Rohrl...

dimviii
14th January 2014, 23:38
Let's see how the website survives the first day. For me the damn page loads quite a long time compared to other pages.

with chrome is much faster than previous,but its very narrow at my screen.

Prisoner Monkeys
15th January 2014, 02:24
New site is considerably better on a mobile device.

rage82
15th January 2014, 07:30
WRC.com is working properly on Chrome for me

Franky
15th January 2014, 08:11

with chrome is much faster than previous,but its very narrow at my screen.

Today it seems to load faster :)

Leon
15th January 2014, 09:43
They could also add the very useful "convert to your local time" button like the official F1 page

CyborgVR4
15th January 2014, 09:57
Or just a "this is local Rally time" display would do for me, I've emailed suggesting this in the past

Livewireshock
15th January 2014, 12:32
Why does Mark Higgins have an Australian flag next to his name for the 2013 WRC results page?

Eli
15th January 2014, 13:22
http://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/results/live/ ... -59--.html (http://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/results/live/itinerary/page/65-294-59--.html)
all the information here and also the rally time.

Eli
15th January 2014, 13:26
forgot to mention their is also live streaming on the right hand side of the web page.

jiipee64
17th January 2014, 19:00
http://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/january- ... 2-12-.html (http://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/january-2014/ibook-promotion-loeb-last-rally-alsace/page/938--12-12-.html)

Has anyone downloaded this WRC book to IPad or other tablets??
It is free and I think it is something different for a change.

The video comparison looks really good and the 360s are neat too.

mousti
17th January 2014, 19:28
They should better make a decent app for there championship. Many WRC drivers have apps..

mousti
20th January 2014, 22:45
Dice Luis Moya en el programa "De Rally", que Elfyn Evans tenia una oferta de Citroën para correr con ellos en 2014. #WRC

Luis Moya says that Citroën offered Elfyn Evans a full program..

RS
20th January 2014, 23:13
Dice Luis Moya en el programa "De Rally", que Elfyn Evans tenia una oferta de Citroën para correr con ellos en 2014. #WRC

Luis Moya says that Citroën offered Elfyn Evans a full program..

Struggle to believe that. He was never mentioned in that context before, and besides what did he show to deserve that offer?

marcosg
20th January 2014, 23:18
, and besides what did he show to deserve that offer?

that's not the point... he isn't ready yet...

makinen_fan
21st January 2014, 11:53
To any Spanish speaking member, is there any truth in that? A bit hard to believe all these...

http://rallyinguk.tumblr.com/post/74043 ... side-track (http://rallyinguk.tumblr.com/post/74043440752/luis-moyas-inside-track)

bluuford
21st January 2014, 14:05
Looking at the logos on the M-Sport cars, then this part of the story is pretty reasonable..

TheFlyingTuga
21st January 2014, 15:32
And again with the Toyota rumour!

A fellow portuguese, wrote in his facebook channel that CEO from Toyota announced during SS13 that Toyota will be present in the Championship in the near future. Maybe this is comimg true

PLuto
21st January 2014, 16:59
And again with the Toyota rumour!

A fellow portuguese, wrote in his facebook channel that CEO from Toyota announced during SS13 that Toyota will be present in the Championship in the near future. Maybe this is comimg true

It is true, Toyota will be back in WRC, I am telling it almost two years. Only question is when exactly.

Negaiss
21st January 2014, 17:40
It will be very good. if toyota joins WRC, but one thing I have to say - if they WRC car will be based on one of current toyota models, it might be not very good looking rally car!!

TheFlyingTuga
21st January 2014, 18:32
Of course it's my opinion, but I really like the looks of the South African S2000 Yaris! Imagine this in official and WRC trimm and it would make a beauty!

http://www.houseofjapan.com/images/2013 ... saug21.jpg (http://www.houseofjapan.com/images/2013/08/toyotarallyyarisaug21.jpg)

the sniper
22nd January 2014, 00:51
To any Spanish speaking member, is there any truth in that? A bit hard to believe all these...

http://rallyinguk.tumblr.com/post/74043 ... side-track (http://rallyinguk.tumblr.com/post/74043440752/luis-moyas-inside-track)

I don't know if they're that hard to believe. Toyota Motorsport have already said that they'll be building a Yaris WRC car this year, with a Toyota spokesman saying it was "reasonable" to say that its WRC return would go ahead. (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/111749)

On Ford, surely it'd explain a lot. The new look Fiesta is apparently coming for Portugal. If Ford aren't getting back involved, personally I can't see why M Sport would have bothered developing and spending money on facelifting their car. Surely the only reason to do so is to keep the WRC car relevant to the Fiesta on sale in the showrooms, but what do M Sport gain from that? Yes it'll mean it'll look like the R5 spec Fiesta, but surely people buying R5 Fiesta off M Sport aren't bothered that it looks like its WRC brother?!

Ford money coming back on board would also explain Malcolm's driver choice, i.e. being able to pick two drivers who seem to be bringing little or no money to the team. Plus, look at the team's livery, it's so Ford-ish!

If anything, these rumours are too easy to make up and believe given what has been said by Toyota and the circumstances that can be seen at M Sport. We'll see what happens, but it won't surprise me if both do come back in the near future.

Bartek
22nd January 2014, 08:46
Hyundai is talking with Bouffier

dimviii
22nd January 2014, 08:58
On Ford, surely it'd explain a lot. The new look Fiesta is apparently coming for Portugal. If Ford aren't getting back involved, personally I can't see why M Sport would have bothered developing and spending money on facelifting their car. Surely the only reason to do so is to keep the WRC car relevant to the Fiesta on sale in the showrooms, but what do M Sport gain from that? Yes it'll mean it'll look like the R5 spec Fiesta, but surely people buying R5 Fiesta off M Sport aren't bothered that it looks like its WRC brother?!

we know that Ford helps Msport even if they dont sponsor with millions.This help we dont know how big it is,but Malcolm has to show that he is very close to Ford,for future reference.
Also Msport clients from all over the world,they gain from the front facelift cause they can take sponsorship from country-local Ford dealers.That wouldn t be possible with the old nose Fiesta,that it dont exists at dealers showrooms.

rallyfiend
22nd January 2014, 09:45
By all accounts, the Qatar deal is far from dead.

Nasser has been distracted by Dakar, so there's been no solid link to the Emir to actually get the deal signed and locked away - hence the interim livery, branding still on uniforms, trucks etc.

WUff1
22nd January 2014, 10:27

Bouffier cannot win with another Hyundai deal, 4 drivers already without him and only 2 cars. So it probably would still be only testing.

stefanvv
22nd January 2014, 16:09

Bouffier cannot win with another Hyundai deal, 4 drivers already without him and only 2 cars. So it probably would still be only testing.
Seems they plan to run 1 more car second half of the season (there was some article)

Simmi
22nd January 2014, 17:34
Yeah hopefully Monte showed them the importance of a third car where possible. Bouffier could put himself in line for a permanent seat if he gets tarmac drives and excels. They'll surely have to streamline the driver line-up next year?

NaBUru38
23rd January 2014, 02:58
If Ford aren't getting back involved, personally I can't see why M Sport would have bothered developing and spending money on facelifting their car. Surely the only reason to do so is to keep the WRC car relevant to the Fiesta on sale in the showrooms, but what do M Sport gain from that? Yes it'll mean it'll look like the R5 spec Fiesta, but surely people buying R5 Fiesta off M Sport aren't bothered that it looks like its WRC brother?!

we know that Ford helps Msport even if they dont sponsor with millions.This help we dont know how big it is,but Malcolm has to show that he is very close to Ford,for future reference.

The M-Sport WRT cars have huge Ford EcoBoost logos, so Ford is obviously pouring some money on the project:

http://www.autoweek.com/storyimage/CW/20140116/WRC/140119872/AR/0/WRC-Rally-preview.jpg

GigiGalliNo1
23rd January 2014, 10:42
I don't think the fact Ecoboost is advertised, means anything. Still there after Ford pulled out!

rallyfiend
23rd January 2014, 12:18
I think it means a lot - in fact I think it tells you everything. It means there is still money / resources coming from Ford.

otherwise, obviously, there's no reason for it to be there!

Nornbugger
23rd January 2014, 12:39
I think it means a lot - in fact I think it tells you everything. It means there is still money / resources coming from Ford.

When Jordan launced their F1 team 7UP were not a big £££ sponsor but as they were the biggest they had(but certainly not the biggest they wanted although they liked their colour..) they liveried the the car like it was a big deal and created one of F1s most attractive liveries, got noticed and got people talking, EJ knew enough to not launch a car looking short of a title sponsor, it would most likely have killed the team at its start, Wilson/Msport are in the same position this year, to have had less branding on the car than they have would have harmed them, I dont know the detail of their deals but I do know they have to keep a front up if they want to have a chance of getting a new title sponsor.

P.S. Did anyone else notice that we had 4 works teams in Monte and only 2 real sponsors between them?

Mad cat jnr
23rd January 2014, 12:40

Can anyone copy the text from this please as link is blocked in work.

WUff1
23rd January 2014, 12:51
[quote="makinen_fan":2sfqbb1a]To any Spanish speaking member, is there any truth in that? A bit hard to believe all these...

Can anyone copy the text from this please as link is blocked in work.[/quote:2sfqbb1a]

Luis Moya’s inside track

The WRC highlights show on Canal+ España - broadcast on the ensuing Monday after each World Championship round - is building a great reputation as a reliable source for some juicy WRC gossip.

The focus of the rumour mill is the great Luis Moya.

Back in November of last year, it was Moya who accurately revealed that Dani Sordo has received offers from both Citroën and Hyundai for 2014.

The New Year has not diminished Moya’s eagerness to impart his inside-track.

On last night’s show (20/1/14), Luis claimed Ford were on the verge of imminently returning to WRC with M-Sport and Toyota were close to announcing their return to top-flight world rallying.

Moya wasn’t finished there. He went to claim that Citroën Racing had offered Elfyn Evans a full programme of drives for 2014 and 2015 during the post-2013 merry-go-round.

Beginning to wish Canal+ España put English subtitles on their broadcasts as this show is becoming unmissable!

rallyfiend
23rd January 2014, 13:33

When Jordan launced their F1 team 7UP were not a big £££ sponsor but as they were the biggest they had(but certainly not the biggest they wanted although they liked their colour..) they liveried the the car like it was a big deal and created one of F1s most attractive liveries, got noticed and got people talking, EJ knew enough to not launch a car looking short of a title sponsor, it would most likely have killed the team at its start, Wilson/Msport are in the same position this year, to have had less branding on the car than they have would have harmed them, I dont know the detail of their deals but I do know they have to keep a front up if they want to have a chance of getting a new title sponsor.

P.S. Did anyone else notice that we had 4 works teams in Monte and only 2 real sponsors between them?

Shell, Castrol, Total, Abu Dhabi, Red Bull, Michelin...

That's more than two.

It's not unusual for manufacturer-backed teams to keep the bulk of exposure for their own brand: Audi, Ferrari, Citroen, Peugeot etc etc.

Nornbugger
23rd January 2014, 13:45

That's more than two.

It's not unusual for manufacturer-backed teams to keep the bulk of exposure for their own brand: Audi, Ferrari, Citroen, Peugeot etc etc.

Its 2 true sponsorships that have chosen this sport to back for profile, rather than keeping cozy with a manufacturer

RS
23rd January 2014, 13:51

That's more than two.

He said proper sponsors, oil and tyres don't really count in that respect I think.

You have a bit of a point re: manufacturers not always having external sponsors (although Ferrari in F1 still have Santander and Marlboro) although we have had various tobacco manufacturers in WRC when it was legal, Martini with Ford, Telefonica with Citroen and Ford...

bluuford
23rd January 2014, 14:49
Do not underestimate the costs of oil and different oil-based lubricant costs. I remember that for WR Car wheels there was one special lubricant that they had to use after certain number of km-s and the cost for one use was thousands of Euros.

Simmi
23rd January 2014, 15:53
Total have stumped up huge amounts of cash to help manufacturers over the years in different forms of motorsport.

Jack4688`
23rd January 2014, 16:58
They had the same last year:
http://www.auto123.com/ArtImages/151526/wrc-fiesta-2013-qatar-inline2.jpg

Nothing has officially changed - since last year Ford remained in support of M-Sport from a technical side, mainly in terms of the engine I think. 2014 is no different......so far ;)

SubaruNorway
23rd January 2014, 18:30
Not WRC but you can follow the fight between Mads Østberg and Pontus Tidemand in Mountain Rally Norway this weekend here at this new results page a friend made :)

http://skatterod.no/rally/

dimviii
23rd January 2014, 18:33
TOYOTA PRESIDENT AKIO TOYODA WAS A STUDIO GUEST DURING COVERAGE OF RALLYE MONTE-CARLO ON J SPORTS NETWORK IN JAPAN LAST WEEKEND.

http://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/january- ... 2-12-.html (http://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/january-2014/toyoda-j-sports/page/981--12-12-.html)

Nornbugger
23rd January 2014, 19:04
Do not underestimate the costs of oil and different oil-based lubricant costs. I remember that for WR Car wheels there was one special lubricant that they had to use after certain number of km-s and the cost for one use was thousands of Euros.

Its not that I underestimate the money they give, and their pound or euro is as good as anyone elses to the teams, to me it is more a reflection of the publicity value of WRC, the oil and tyre companies get benefits other ways, that is why I used the term(which I know isnt perfect) real sponsors, being companies that wanted to use the sport for the exposure it brings

rallyfiend
23rd January 2014, 19:16
Name a level of motorsport where such deals are not the norm with manufacturer teams?

The Red Bull deal with VW (across many platforms) is based in part around the huge number of cars that RB buy from VW around the world for staff cars (separate to the promotional cars - some of which are Mini), and family connections between Piech and Mateschitz.

Business 2 Business deals are the grease on the motorsport world. I'm not sure you can single out WRC as some sort of extreme anomaly.

Sponsors of manufacturer programmes NEVER pay anything near the full rate that such real estate should deserve based on the total spend of the car company.

Lotus / Renault - Total and a raft of Genii companies
Mercedes - Petronas
McLaren - Mercedes - Mobil 1
Caterham - GE
BMW WTCC - Crowne Plaza
Red Bull RAcing - Rausch
Audi - Bosch

Sponsors of manufacturer programmes NEVER pay anything near the full rate that such real estate should deserve based on the total spend of the car company.

M-Sport is the only one straying from this model, but I maintain that I think we'll see Qatar back on the car sooner rather than later.

Kielder
23rd January 2014, 23:20

This is what is written on the link:

"Luis claimed Ford were on the verge of imminently returning to WRC with M-Sport and Toyota were close to announcing their return to top-flight world rallying."

This is what Moya exactly said:

"There is a strong rumour that Toyota will be back on the WRC" & "It seems that Ford will return as a factory team".

Nothing new under the sun on these subjects, he said what most of people have been saying for a while.

About the second part, he claimed exactly that: "Citroën Racing had offered Elfyn Evans a full programme of drives for 2014 and 2015 during the post-2013 merry-go-round" (a Ford's member told it to him). Moya continued saying that Elfyn went to speak to Malcolm, who didn't have other option than to contract him. I'm sure that Luis didn't invent this story. I'm sure that Evans is a good poker player too :D .

COD
23rd January 2014, 23:40
Somw say that Ford has spent the same amount of money all these years on WRC program, just that the status of an "official" team was changed to non official, because it looks better when the company is in financial trouble

noel157
23rd January 2014, 23:57
Somw say that Ford has spent the same amount of money all these years on WRC program, just that the status of an "official" team was changed to non official, because it looks better when the company is in financial trouble

I' would say this is likely the case or near the case anyway. Also Gerard Quinn not Tweeting about travelling to Cockermouth etc is another sign of it being unofficial.

Motorsportfun
24th January 2014, 01:05
[quote="makinen_fan":3o9j1nle]To any Spanish speaking member, is there any truth in that? A bit hard to believe all these...

I don't know if they're that hard to believe. Toyota Motorsport have already said that they'll be building a Yaris WRC car this year, with a Toyota spokesman saying it was "reasonable" to say that its WRC return would go ahead. (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/111749)

Ford money coming back on board would also explain Malcolm's driver choice, i.e. being able to pick two drivers who seem to be bringing little or no money to the team. Plus, look at the team's livery, it's so Ford-ish!

If anything, these rumours are too easy to make up and believe given what has been said by Toyota and the circumstances that can be seen at M Sport. We'll see what happens, but it won't surprise me if both do come back in the near future.[/quote:3o9j1nle]

Ford Fiesta's facelift was tested some years ago, definitely there's some pics around forums and websites. Malcolm Wilson kept it in the garage, but I think it's a move to "persuade" Ford Europe to come back again, maybe with a bigger strategy: big amounts of money from both Ford Europe and Qatar (reaching Hyundai's budget at least). As for EcoBoost stickers, it's just a support in developing and fine-tuning the engine. A bit more than a technical help...

the sniper
24th January 2014, 03:42
TOYOTA PRESIDENT AKIO TOYODA WAS A STUDIO GUEST DURING COVERAGE OF RALLYE MONTE-CARLO ON J SPORTS NETWORK IN JAPAN LAST WEEKEND.

http://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/january- ... 2-12-.html (http://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/january-2014/toyoda-j-sports/page/981--12-12-.html)

That's quite something! I wonder what he had to say?

Just a random thought, but to me the wording and content of that article is a bit odd, in that it seems to be more of a promotional piece for J Sports than a news article covering what happened. It makes me wonder, is this article for our benefit, or in light of this article on Autosport: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/112248 , is it actually for the benefit of the existing manufactures?

Volkswagen's Jost Capito admitted to further frustrations over promotion.

"It's very difficult," he said. "We asked for the list of [television] broadcasters for this year and we didn't get any answer except for the UK and we know what is happening in Germany because we did it ourselves.

Is that 'article' Red Bull/WRC Promoter telling him what they've got in place in Japan? ;) I am I just reading way too much into it? :laugh:

dimviii
24th January 2014, 20:54
http://www.fia.com/news/fia-s-new-logis ... valleiry-0 (http://www.fia.com/news/fia-s-new-logistic-and-technical-centre-opened-valleiry-0)

Rallyper
24th January 2014, 22:13
Well, they know how to make themselves comfortable... :bandit:

Red bull
25th January 2014, 07:11
Any translation of this article? http://www.motorsport-total.com/rallye/ ... 12402.html (http://www.motorsport-total.com/rallye/news/2014/01/toyota-und-die-wrc-planung-laeuft-entscheidung-offen-14012402.html) :D

litifeta
25th January 2014, 09:02
Has anyone heard anything that has substance about Mini planning a return?

noel157
25th January 2014, 10:00
Can't see Mini ever coming back. Dead and buried from an WRC point of view.

Rallyper
25th January 2014, 10:31

Not as maybe an R5-version?

Jack4688`
25th January 2014, 12:11

I don't see it happening but an R5 might make commercial sense for someone like Prodrive - just look how many R5s M-Sport have sold with really only Ford's blessing to do it, rather than it being a Ford factory machine designed and built by M-Sport

makinen_fan
27th January 2014, 11:33
Nice lengthy interview with Hayden Paddon:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-cOCkiB9Kg

Does anyone know when and where was the accident they are talking about burning completely the car?

AndyRAC
27th January 2014, 12:03

I don't see it happening but an R5 might make commercial sense for someone like Prodrive - just look how many R5s M-Sport have sold with really only Ford's blessing to do it, rather than it being a Ford factory machine designed and built by M-Sport

Slight difference between Ford/M-Sport and Prodrive/BMW-MINI…….

Prodrive & BMW-MINI had a major fall out; Ford & M-Sport are still together, although not officially. If there was a R5 MINI, it wouldn’t be with Prodrive.

Andre Oliveira
27th January 2014, 18:55
Ford=Rally and rally=Ford :colour:

Sulland
27th January 2014, 20:13
So if another tuner wanted to make a R5 Mini, they could potentially make a deal with BMW and start building?
Or would they prefer a 2 series R5 being buildt instead?

stefanvv
27th January 2014, 21:10
Ford=Rally and rally=Ford :colour:
You're right ;) The only absence of Ford from Rally scene I think is the few years Group B has been picking up inertia, well they got participated in the very end. Funny, many people think of Group B as the top era of Rallying...