PDA

View Full Version : [WRC] News & rumours (part III)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18

b3637853
22nd November 2015, 14:40
And how did we follow rallies before WRC+ days? Let's not get carried away. WRC+ is ok. I am happy with the purchase and frankly I think 5 euro a month is not that much. But I think of last season as some kind of trial period for the service. I expect them to listen to feedback now and try to improve it. Because like many of you mentioned choice of live stages is poor as well as the number of them. The quality of broadcast is shit comparing to racing for expample. And I'm saying commentary + displayed information. Sometimes Desborough is just saying same stuff over and over again and didn't even notice there are some little fights (like on the power stage) and doesn't provide splits.
Onboard should be done with different camera position and should definitely be better quality. Also what you guys think of adding telemetry to onboards, at least for some of them.
I also think there should be more "specials" in highlights section. I mean before every rally they put 2013 highlights of that round but that is not enough. What about other seasons?
Live maps are decent, since they added splits and radio it really is easier to follow rally.

EightGear
22nd November 2015, 14:51
Sometimes Desborough is just saying same stuff over and over again and didn't even notice there are some little fights (like on the power stage) and doesn't provide splits.

That guy is probably the biggest problem of WRC+.

Fast Eddie WRC
22nd November 2015, 15:05
I cant bear Jon Desborough on the commentary, he totally ruins every live stage and the even highlights.

1. As above, he repeats the same things all the time ('He drops the power and into the stage', 'Kris Meeke the pride of Dungannon, N.Ireland', 'Elfyn Evans from Mid-Wales', etc etc.)
2. He talks non-stop so you can never hear the cars, and also over the in-board coverage so you cant even enjoy that
3. The only info he gives is general that anyone watching would already know
4. His tone of voice is condescending, like he's talking to a child
5. He pays no real attention to the action on screen

I end up watching with the sound off and that is such a shame as the noise of a WRC car is at least 50% of the excitement. Thank God for fan video's

GigiGalliNo1
22nd November 2015, 15:17
I'm friends with Desborough but I can see where you are coming from and it actually clicked with your points, very true!

Back to my point.

A few comments here on the forum was that people don't want to pay for WRC+ as its not worth it. The quality isn't there. Camera angles, no live stages or as many as there should. AND WRC+ should be FREE!

Well, if you want it free it's not going to get any better.

And I don't believe there are enough funds or sponsorship funds to make WRC+ free to all at this stage...

MrJan
22nd November 2015, 15:25
Some very good points. I myself have not watched rallycross other than for a few sporadic moments if I catch it on the TV, so I don't know much about its media presence or how it's promoted. The way you're describing it sounds like a very clever marketing strategy, and I would agree that the WRC could learn from this and try to implement this in the areas where it's possible within the WRC.

Every World RX event is streamed on Livestream (although I think it may be restricted in some countries), so for us in the UK it's free to access. The advantage is that it also archives all broadcasts, so I can go and watch the Lydden Hill event that was back at the end of May (I think you can even watch races from last year too).

As well as being on Livestream they also show highlights on Quest on a Monday evening after an event, so it's available on free to view TV as well. The time of the events stays reasonably fixed (which is admittedly easier in a circuit racing format) and I know that in general it will probably be a 1pm start and I can watch highlights at 7pm on a Monday night.

I think that the WRC need to also consider those of us that don't want a huge amount of coverage and are happy enough with just a good quality highlights package. I appreciate that I may be a minority on a rally forum but I would rather they rushed it less and just put together a decent broadcast, rather than being the ridiculous situation we had at GB where half the stages are missing from highlights because they needed to hit a broadcast slot. I think this would make a big difference to the number of casual viewers.

But most importantly, stop treating the programme like no one has ever heard of rallying before. Not every little detail needs to be explained at every event.

Mariusz
22nd November 2015, 15:31
I also don't think it should be free. They could actually expand it to get more subscribers. Wrc2 category is waiting to be unveiled and they have their splits fo sure because wrc radio has them.

GigiGalliNo1
22nd November 2015, 16:11
I have spoken to the WRC TV crew and they agree WRC2 and supporting series needs more coverage, an actual show for them in fact! But no one will air it, and it might cost too much to put a package together for online... But I find that silly because I know for a fact WRC TV Cree stay on the stages until each car drives through! Up to the final car!! So it's really someone putting together the broadcast and commentating.

I agree, stop treating each show as if WRC is new to all... But did you guys see WRC GB coverage in the daily highlight. They showed Kubica rallying at 5 camera angles, same with Prokop and another lower down the end driver. I thought that was fair!

SubaruNorway
22nd November 2015, 17:08
Rallycross has gotten dead boring, not sure if it's just me or something happened this year. We got 5-6 hours of footage from Wales, pluss 3 hours of onboard of each driver so i think we are spoilt to be honest and shouldn't complain. The editing they do in a short time frame is very impressive, it's a no brainer that you can't add stages that runs 2-1 hours before the show is due on TV...

MrJan
22nd November 2015, 18:43
The editing they do in a short time frame is very impressive, it's a no brainer that you can't add stages that runs 2-1 hours before the show is due on TV...

It's okay for the time that they have, but why not wait and make it really good? I'd far rather watch a high quality highlights show than have 30 minutes of average each night. And I understand why they don't show the night stages...but as I say, why not wait? What's the point in a daily highlights show that only covers half the day?!

I think rallycross has been great this year, particularly the battle between Hansen and Solberg recently...certainly better than watching Ogier tie up a championship 3 events from the end of the season.

AL14
22nd November 2015, 19:21
It's okay for the time that they have, but why not wait and make it really good? I'd far rather watch a high quality highlights show than have 30 minutes of average each night. And I understand why they don't show the night stages...but as I say, why not wait? What's the point in a daily highlights show that only covers half the day?!

I think rallycross has been great this year, particularly the battle between Hansen and Solberg recently...certainly better than watching Ogier tie up a championship 3 events from the end of the season.

Apart from night stages I think daily highlights are excellent. Everything can be improved of course but I like how they do it. Maybe they should just postpone them when there is a night stage.

RS
22nd November 2015, 23:25
I have spoken to the WRC TV crew and they agree WRC2 and supporting series needs more coverage, an actual show for them in fact!

I'm sure they could manage more than the current 40 seconds per day!

Grundo Farb
23rd November 2015, 00:08
I have spoken to the WRC TV crew and they agree WRC2 and supporting series needs more coverage, an actual show for them in fact! But no one will air it, and it might cost too much to put a package together for online... But I find that silly because I know for a fact WRC TV Cree stay on the stages until each car drives through! Up to the final car!! So it's really someone putting together the broadcast and commentating.

I agree, stop treating each show as if WRC is new to all... But did you guys see WRC GB coverage in the daily highlight. They showed Kubica rallying at 5 camera angles, same with Prokop and another lower down the end driver. I thought that was fair!

Because unless they make WRC the pinnacle, and different you don't get the sponsors. If people see they can get the same exposure for less money the WRC field would dwindle even more.

GigiGalliNo1
23rd November 2015, 02:07
Because unless they make WRC the pinnacle, and different you don't get the sponsors. If people see they can get the same exposure for less money the WRC field would dwindle even more.

There is your answer re WRC2

sindroms
23rd November 2015, 14:29
Abbring ang Huyndai 2016 plans - http://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/november/abbring-2016/page/3014--12-12-.html

Rallyper
23rd November 2015, 14:35
Abbring ang Huyndai 2016 plans - http://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/november/abbring-2016/page/3014--12-12-.html

Already in Silly season 2016 topic.

Simmi
23rd November 2015, 20:15
Seemingly good news for VAG group motorsport amid the controversy. Article from a sportscar site but news still applies: http://www.racer.com/wec-le-mans/item/123931-vw-chief-promises-motorsport-backing

Jack4688`
23rd November 2015, 20:37
I cant bear Jon Desborough on the commentary, he totally ruins every live stage and the even highlights.

1. As above, he repeats the same things all the time ('He drops the power and into the stage', 'Kris Meeke the pride of Dungannon, N.Ireland', 'Elfyn Evans from Mid-Wales', etc etc.)
2. He talks non-stop so you can never hear the cars, and also over the in-board coverage so you cant even enjoy that
3. The only info he gives is general that anyone watching would already know
4. His tone of voice is condescending, like he's talking to a child
5. He pays no real attention to the action on screen

I end up watching with the sound off and that is such a shame as the noise of a WRC car is at least 50% of the excitement. Thank God for fan video's

You forgot he makes shit jokes

RS
24th November 2015, 00:19

Nobody is asking for the same exposure, but more than 40 seconds per day would be good.

Arnold Triyudho Wardono
24th November 2015, 07:35
You forgot he makes shit jokes
Can you give me an example of that..?

I miss Mark James (now in TCR) & Paul King..

GigiGalliNo1
24th November 2015, 07:44
Paul King is still around

tomhlord
24th November 2015, 07:48
Really not a fan of Paul King.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Grundo Farb
24th November 2015, 07:57

"Wetter than an otters whiskers..." gets very tedious after hearing it every time it rains.

Arnold Triyudho Wardono
24th November 2015, 08:00
^ At least he's still quite better than Jon..

BTW, is this just me or Jon can't say Gartheniog properly..?

Fast Eddie WRC
24th November 2015, 13:04
Bertelli expects 2016 WRC season

http://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/november/bertelli-returns/page/3016--12-12-.html

GigiGalliNo1
24th November 2015, 13:19
Bertelli! Yes!

Livewireshock
24th November 2015, 13:44
Bertelli expects 2016 WRC season

http://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/november/bertelli-returns/page/3016--12-12-.html

It would be unfair for him to have just a single year in the WRC car. He was just learning and coming to terms with it after rising up the ranks so fast. I am guessing it will depend on what his mother and the rest of the family say, regarding his role with Prada for 2016.

MrJan
24th November 2015, 15:11
^ At least he's still quite better than Jon..

BTW, is this just me or Jon can't say Gartheniog properly..?

No one can, not even the Welsh :p:

Fast Eddie WRC
24th November 2015, 17:39
15 days to December 9th, then Hyundai's new i20WRC will be unveiled at Alzenau...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CUliD5TWIAIWtAl.jpg:large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CUlCdStWIAAE0sW.jpg:large

Simmi
24th November 2015, 18:59
Hopefully they will switch up the livery from what we've seen for the last two years. I'd be in favour of something similar to the showcars - like above. At least it is striking.

rallyace
24th November 2015, 19:58
Hopefully they will switch up the livery from what we've seen for the last two years. I'd be in favour of something similar to the showcars - like above. At least it is striking.

Completely agree. But just as long as they don't switch to the dark blue and white combination that both VW and M-Sport have, I'm happy. Citroën have a dark base as well. Even privateers such as Prokop and Kubica have somewhat dark cars... we need lighter colours in the WRC! :D

SubaruNorway
24th November 2015, 22:26
Completely agree. But just as long as they don't switch to the dark blue and white combination that both VW and M-Sport have, I'm happy. Citroën have a dark base as well. Even privateers such as Prokop and Kubica have somewhat dark cars... we need lighter colours in the WRC! :D

Light colors are a nightmare for video and photo.
That 2016 i20 is hideous, the lines and color combinations doesn't do the curves and profiles much good.

Jack4688`
24th November 2015, 23:06

I have fond memories of Mark James' peresentation of the WRC, probably because I associated it with, personally speaking, a great period of WRC history - likewise Tony Mason's coverage of Rallying in general on the BBC a few years before that.

As to Jon Desborough: on Bryan Bouffier's livery from Rallye Monte Carlo in 2015? 2014?.... can't remember. Anyway this was Desborough's (paraphrased) shit joke, "Bryan's sponsored by a local chicken farm for this event...... you can see where I going with this...... He's got the opposition all in a flap."

Wish he did live standup just so I could go and heckle him

ToughMac
25th November 2015, 00:23
Also don't forget Jeremy Hart, always loved his commentary on Eurosport!

bassist
25th November 2015, 01:07
Mark James is great to listen to, knows his stuff and is a Rally Guru. Caught a bit of him on WRC + this year, Desborough is awful. Steve Rider was also linking that bit of live action too, another bonus.

RAS007
25th November 2015, 05:32
Paul King is still around

And still as truly awful as ever, I'm sure. King, with his fake "live commentary" over recorded footage is easily the worst commentator in recent memory, probably ever, and that includes the shite-awful Desborough.

AndyRAC
25th November 2015, 08:47
Not a lot has changed with RedBull taking over from NorthOne; still the same type of coverage & commentators.

RS
25th November 2015, 10:29
Also don't forget Jeremy Hart, always loved his commentary on Eurosport!

I had this strange dream the other day. Jeremy Hart was commentating on some WRC action and it was screened in a prime time slot on one of the four main terrestrial tv channels.

dodge33cymru
25th November 2015, 10:33
David Addison was doing some of the on-site stuff at Rally GB, great motorsport commentator, can happily listen to him doing GT racing commentaries for hours.

dimviii
25th November 2015, 14:11
http://forum-rallye.com/uploads/monthly_11_2015/post-226-0-02172100-1448439138.png

French_Paulo
25th November 2015, 14:38
http://forum-rallye.com/uploads/monthly_11_2015/post-226-0-02172100-1448439138.png

Mistake by the man behind his twitter account.

GigiGalliNo1
25th November 2015, 14:43
Only means one thing!! :D

AL14
25th November 2015, 14:43
Mistake by the man behind his twitter account.

Yes he keeps following and unfollowing me all the time. He just do it to increase his followers on Twitter. Apparently he has nothing to di in life.

Simmi
25th November 2015, 14:56

Did this get posted today? After already receiving a roasting the other day for retweeting speculation. Is that even his official Twitter account. Honestly if I was a sportsman I would not let someone else loose on my social media. But that is a separate rant for another day.

GigiGalliNo1
25th November 2015, 16:04
Yup

MrJan
25th November 2015, 22:49
Mark James is great to listen to, knows his stuff and is a Rally Guru. Caught a bit of him on WRC + this year, Desborough is awful. Steve Rider was also linking that bit of live action too, another bonus.

Rally guru and (certainly used to be) a member of this forum. Like Jack4688` Mark James and Tony Mason (along with Steve Rider and even Tiff Needell) will always be THE rallying commentators. Having grown up watching Top Gear Rally Report it's those voices that I associate with rallying from my youth and what was undoubtedly a great time for the sport. That said I also identify with Barrie Hinchcliffe, even though most of his stuff was before I was born.

GigiGalliNo1
26th November 2015, 09:08
News: Østberg signs with M-Sport

Now, for the news to be publicly made :)

tomhlord
26th November 2015, 10:23

Ostberg No.1 at M-Sport? Maybe Bertelli's there, so space for Evans in a 3rd car?

Then Tanak and Ketomaa at DMack?

SubaruNorway
26th November 2015, 12:46

He has a sponsor thing at a mall on saturday With Certina and Citroen so doubt we will hear anything before after that.

b3637853
26th November 2015, 12:59
Unofficial: Yazeed Al-Rahji in Fiesta WRC in 2016. He is planning to do Sweden, Portugal, Sardegna, Poland, Finland, Wales and Australia.

EightGear
26th November 2015, 13:27
Al-Rahji in a WRC could be interesting, he's quite OK in WRC2. At least not as hopeless as some of the other rich Arabians.

GigiGalliNo1
26th November 2015, 14:11
Hopeless? Which are those?

EightGear
26th November 2015, 14:44
Hopeless? Which are those?
Pretty much all except Al-Attiyah.

Andre Oliveira
26th November 2015, 15:06
Nasser with WRC could be better :) but he bought a Fabia R5 :/

French_Paulo
26th November 2015, 15:15
Al-Rahji in a WRC could be interesting, he's quite OK in WRC2. At least not as hopeless as some of the other rich Arabians.

Al-Attiyah is better than Al-Rahji but not so good with a WRC :/ So Yazeed can stay in WRC-2, it will be better.

GigiGalliNo1
26th November 2015, 15:35
Al-Kuwari? 2nd to Kubica in WRC2 when he competed in nearly every possible WRC2 round.... he didn't in the last year due to budget...

JUF
26th November 2015, 16:31
In my view Nasser does an excellent job and Abdulaziz and Yazeed do a solid one, too. I don´t want to miss them in WRC. Of course they have lots of experience and reliable (RRC-)cars due to a good budget, but they aren´t bad drivers.

Fast Eddie WRC
26th November 2015, 17:22
Anyone Norwegians tell us if there's anything interesting said today in Mads TV interview ?

http://www.vgtv.no/#!/video/121506/spaart-27-henning-solberg-og-mads-oestberg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CUv5zUCUYAAKh6r.jpg:large

SubaruNorway
26th November 2015, 18:16
Nope, nothing really

wrc45
26th November 2015, 21:11
I think Yazeed is doing what Nasser did. Drive a few rallies with a WRC car and when he goes back to a WRC2 car he will be much faster just like Nasser was. No long term plans I think.

rage82
27th November 2015, 10:13
Tanak going to Dmack WRC team:http://www.m-sport.co.uk/m-sport-news/fiesta-rs-wrc/taenak-rejoins-dmack-to-launch-first-ever-wrc-team.html

Rallyper
27th November 2015, 11:04
Tanak going to Dmack WRC team:http://www.m-sport.co.uk/m-sport-news/fiesta-rs-wrc/taenak-rejoins-dmack-to-launch-first-ever-wrc-team.html

That´s good news and maybe the only option Tanak had.

RS
27th November 2015, 11:14
Great news that DMack provide a good driver with a full WRC programme. Will there be a second car?

maciotacio
27th November 2015, 11:15
Collaboration Tanak-Dmack looks quite optimistic for me. They have already announced PET before Monte and they will have 12 new WRC asphalt tyres to try out. I think that we should create a new thread about Dmack WRC Team.

jbmarcus21
28th November 2015, 13:02
My Video hightlights 2015
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3Z1Ai7VkRw

Andre Oliveira
30th November 2015, 11:52
https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/12274598_1243720048990753_2642564444990075520_n.jp g?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=4557fc50a1d8beaf4f647ae8dba69b68&oe=56D7FA21
https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xaf1/v/t1.0-9/12308312_1243720098990748_5085924532660813747_n.jp g?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=4d80bc1958ee13b95feef7b3ed896ada&oe=56AC50C2

Lundefaret
30th November 2015, 11:56
So we are thinking that Toyota outbid the Evans family to that second seat - right?

kiil
30th November 2015, 11:57
Camilli was with TMG, and they are sidelined in the WRC development, so probably no.

JAM
30th November 2015, 12:11
M-Sport needed money, where did the money come from? Has Camilli any kind of familly suport that pays the seat?

irish_tiger
30th November 2015, 12:20
m-sport needed money, where did the money come from? Has camilli any kind of familly suport that pays the seat?

ffsa ?????

tomhlord
30th November 2015, 13:08
M-Sport needed money, where did the money come from? Has Camilli any kind of familly suport that pays the seat?
FFSA backing almost certainly not paying for the full 14 rounds unless I am mistaken. I don't believe Evans paid either. Perhaps he's driving on a free whilst Ostberg is paying?

Andre Oliveira
30th November 2015, 13:12
"Good luck to Eric Camilli, who leaves TMG to join M-Sport as a full-time WRC driver for 2016. It has been a pleasure working with you this year and we wish you a fantastic future!"

TMG

Andre Oliveira
30th November 2015, 13:13
Last time we had "official" french driver at Ford?

tomhlord
30th November 2015, 13:14
Last time we had "official" french driver at Ford?
Delecour?

dodge33cymru
30th November 2015, 13:15
Edit: oops....

macebig
30th November 2015, 13:17
Delecour 2001

Andre Oliveira
30th November 2015, 13:18
Duval french? Eheh

Delecour yes yes :) and Auriol before too

itix
30th November 2015, 13:20
Why Camili? Very surprising. Østberg was no surprise but Camili.
So weird

tomhlord
30th November 2015, 13:23
Why Camili? Very surprising. Østberg was no surprise but Camili.
So weird
It is a bit out of the blue. Someone on this thread almost called it earlier however, can't seem to find the post now, but Wilson was sniffing around during GB.

Andre Oliveira
30th November 2015, 13:28
Why not? We need new blood. I like Camilli, he is those cases of show early speed. Hope he can reach another level soon

itix
1st December 2015, 11:12
To be honest the world of rally is not always logical. You bring one of the people that has shown immense speed in lower categories to the top and the guy does nothing but crash or go mega slow (like Tänak or Lefebvre). On other occasions you take drivers who has shown very little results before joining the top flight and they go like stink.

Who knows, maybe it will yield results. At the end of 2016, we'll know.

Edit: Speaking of Lefebrvre, any news about him now that Citroen isn't taking part in 2016?

dodge33cymru
1st December 2015, 11:26
The guess with Lefevbre us partial season with PH Sport, funded by Citroen.

JAM
1st December 2015, 13:14
To be honest the world of rally is not always logical. You bring one of the people that has shown immense speed in lower categories to the top and the guy does nothing but crash or go mega slow (like Tänak or Lefebvre).

Ott Tanak is mega slow?!?!?

And are you talking about lack of logical?...

dodge33cymru
1st December 2015, 13:31
Ott Tanak is mega slow?!?!?

And are you talking about lack of logical?...

I think he's classing Tanak under the 'always crash' part of that either/or clause...

JAM
1st December 2015, 14:23
I think he's classing Tanak under the 'always crash' part of that either/or clause...

Ok, but Tanak and Levebvre are far from "mega slow". They could be only not as fast as some may have wished

dimviii
1st December 2015, 15:09
Simon Scattolin will be new co-driver for Bertelli

itix
1st December 2015, 15:11
Ok, but Tanak and Levebvre are far from "mega slow". They could be only not as fast as some may have wished

Yeah, those are probably better words for what I wanted to get across.... not as fast as others in the level and class they are running, let's say!

And yeah, dodge33cymru is right, I class Tänak under the crash a lot section (even though he's better now than he was his first season with Ford)

eestlane
1st December 2015, 16:36
I love that everybody is saying that Ott always crashes but not Meeke. Meeke had more offs this year than Ott.
Meeke-Germany,Italy,Mexico,Monte,Sweden,Finland
Ott- Wales,Monte,Mexico,Spain,Germany(small off at the beginning)- in Argentina he was unlucky to hit a rock in a watersplash and in Sardinia the car gave up.

While Meeke has more WRC starts than Ott.

dodge33cymru
1st December 2015, 16:50
Difference being that Meeke won an event, his speed was more consistent, he's strong on tarmac too, he narrowly lost out in being best non-VW in the championship and contributed to the team objective of second in the constructors. The downsides to Meeke are consistency, same as Tanak, and his age but he's done a great job of proving himself with arguably his last chance.

JUF
1st December 2015, 16:53
What´s the plan for Martin Prokop for 2016? His start at Rally Dakar prevents a start at Rally Monte Carlo, so he does WRC2 next year? Or selected rounds in the World Rally Car?

PLuto
1st December 2015, 17:19
What´s the plan for Martin Prokop for 2016? His start at Rally Dakar prevents a start at Rally Monte Carlo, so he does WRC2 next year? Or selected rounds in the World Rally Car?

He will do Dakar and selected rounds in WRC. WRC2 is nonsense for him...

Roy
1st December 2015, 17:36
He will do Dakar and selected rounds in WRC. WRC2 is nonsense for him...

And World Rallycross? Prokop said he liked it very much. Could we see him in at RX circuits?

PLuto
1st December 2015, 17:39
And World Rallycross? Prokop said he liked it very much. Could we see him in at RX circuits?

Everything is possible. But I think there is bigger chance to see him in normal circuits...

itix
1st December 2015, 18:20
I love that everybody is saying that Ott always crashes but not Meeke. Meeke had more offs this year than Ott.
Meeke-Germany,Italy,Mexico,Monte,Sweden,Finland
Ott- Wales,Monte,Mexico,Spain,Germany(small off at the beginning)- in Argentina he was unlucky to hit a rock in a watersplash and in Sardinia the car gave up.

Oh no, I am completely with you on that. Meeke had a strong finish to his season but if you ignore that, Argentina was pretty much the only rally he didn't crash.
I'd still rate Meeke higher than Ott because he was challenging the VW podium monopoly on almost every rally and Ott only on one or two.

MrJan
1st December 2015, 18:46

Well that's not really true, not in realistic terms. While Meeke has more WRC starts as a whole, most of those have been in JWRC etc. Counting up on ewrc it looks like he's had 26 in an actually WRC car, while Tanak has 30.

I agree that Meeke is still in the 'crash' category, but he's also got a raw pace that I don't think we've seen from Tanak (don't get me wrong, I think Ott is a great driver and deserves a WRC drive). You can see why McRae was a fan of Meeke, he's a flat out, flat broke kind of driver.

AL14
2nd December 2015, 08:15
Who said Tanak is slow is not that wrong.
Tanak has sparks of great speed that show potential, he won some stages and setted some top3 stage times. But for most of the rallys he had a not so little gap from top drivers even when he didn't crash, and also on gravel.

rage82
2nd December 2015, 09:25
David Richards helping Tommi with Toyota WRC? : https://www.facebook.com/Sportautohebdo/posts/442734089257733
Not sure there's something true in this however!

EstWRC
2nd December 2015, 09:34
You have to know on which rally and stages the driver was pushing and not. If you just look at the stage times then it may look that the driver was slow. You could say that Meeke and Paddon were also slow on many rallies. Meeke in Poland for example but we know that he wasnt even trying there.

i would say Tänak was really pushing in Poland, Finland (1st and 2nd stage, hit a rock on second stage and that was it), Australia (Friday, Saturday), Spain (Day one on gravel), Portugal (Day one, made a wrong tyre choice for second day and settled in for 5th place after that).

if he would be slow then he wouldnt be in WRC :)

dimviii
2nd December 2015, 14:53
# WRC - Hyundai develop an ... R5 and R2!

The engineer Andrea Adamo (eg Abarth) was designated by Hyundai to participate in the development of future i20 R5 who participate in certain ERC handles with Kevin Abbring at the wheel. A Hyundai i20 R2 would also developing arrive much later.

Source: Rally.it

dimviii
2nd December 2015, 15:12
watch which photos liked most from wrc.com lolololol They are useless,even to choose the right photos
http://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/december-2015/ree-images-part-1/page/3029--12-12-.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

mousti
2nd December 2015, 15:27
From Lavadinho that's not really a surprise

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 5 met Tapatalk

EstWRC
2nd December 2015, 15:59
This time there are Jaanus Ree's photos, next time Lavadinhos but i agree that the choice is poor, Ree has much more interesting and beautiful photos.

AL14
2nd December 2015, 16:36
You have to know on which rally and stages the driver was pushing and not. If you just look at the stage times then it may look that the driver was slow. You could say that Meeke and Paddon were also slow on many rallies. Meeke in Poland for example but we know that he wasnt even trying there.

i would say Tänak was really pushing in Poland, Finland (1st and 2nd stage, hit a rock on second stage and that was it), Australia (Friday, Saturday), Spain (Day one on gravel), Portugal (Day one, made a wrong tyre choice for second day and settled in for 5th place after that).

Est you know I like Tanak as a driver and I'm a bit fan of him. :) But you also confirmed what I said earlier. You mentioned 5 rallys out of 13 where he was very much fast and only some stages (or only one day) of them. I said he has sparks of speed but he's not (or not yet) a [completely] fast driver.

And of course when I say "slow" I mean in comparison to WRC drivers, not in general. ;)

MrJan
2nd December 2015, 19:20

I think it's implied that it's comparative. "slow for a WRC driver", not "slow driver".

I think Tanak is quite quick, but I believe Meeke is quicker

Mk2 RS2000
2nd December 2015, 20:07
A recent interview with John Kennard

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/motorsport/74645592/hayden-paddon-john-kennard-keen-to-reach-new-rally-heights.html

Andre Oliveira
2nd December 2015, 20:50
FIA World Rally Championship

From 2016, WRC Organisers will be obliged to undertake the environmental certification process provided by the FIA before the event visa is delivered.

The 2016 WRC calendar was also confirmed:

22-24 January Monte Carlo

12-14 February Sweden

4-6 March Mexico

22-24 April Argentina

20-22 May Portugal

10-12 June Italy

1-3 July Poland

29-31 July Finland

19-21 August Germany

9-11 September China

30 September – 2 October France

14-16 October Spain

28-30 October Great Britain

18-20 November Australia

Andre Oliveira
2nd December 2015, 20:51
FIA Rally Commission

The World Motor Sport Council approved the implementation of a one-hour penalty for any missed stage except for super special stages, where a seven-minute penalty will apply. This is to ensure that competitors running in all stages will always be classified of those that miss a stage.

The format of the FIA European Rally Trophy (ERT) has been amended with the main category being for R5/S2000 cars, ERT 2 for NR4 cars, ERT 3 for two-wheel drive cars, and a Junior Trophy for drivers born on or after 1 January 1989. The ERT will be organised in eight European area trophy competitions. The three highest scoring competitors in each area, and category, will compete in a Final that will be hosted by a different country each year. The winners of the Trophy Finals will be the winners of their respective ERT category.

EightGear
2nd December 2015, 21:02
FIA Rally Commission

The World Motor Sport Council approved the implementation of a one-hour penalty for any missed stage except for super special stages, where a seven-minute penalty will apply. This is to ensure that competitors running in all stages will always be classified of those that miss a stage.

You'd almost think they're reading this forum. Nice decision.

Simmi
2nd December 2015, 21:05
Interesting so that basically puts any end to anyone scoring driver championship points after an off.

Seems like the biggest motivators for drivers returning are manufacturer points and gaining experience - so I don't think it changes too much.

AndyRAC
2nd December 2015, 21:10
In truth, they really didn't need to do this - it should have been 'miss a stage and you automatically finish behind all those who completed the event'. But it seems as if common sense has broken out.

MrJan
2nd December 2015, 21:12
FIA World Rally Championship....

Always seems wrong to me if the season doesn't start in Monte and end with GB. Without the miserable weather GB just becomes a quite tame gravel event and offers none of the challenge that it should. Also doesn't seem right that the great stages of New Zealand and the car testing stages of Greece are left out, but I suppose it gives the chance for new countries to be included.

rallyace
2nd December 2015, 21:30
Jonas Andersson has quit as Mads Østberg's co-driver and signed a deal with Even Management.

http://www.tv2.no/2015/12/02/sport/mads-ostberg/motorsport/rally/7735043

Mads is surprised (to say the least) and currently looking for a replacement for the 2016 season.

tommeke_B
2nd December 2015, 21:35
watch which photos liked most from wrc.com lolololol They are useless,even to choose the right photos
http://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/december-2015/ree-images-part-1/page/3029--12-12-.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Wait until you see the ones from Lavadinho...

Micke_VOC
3rd December 2015, 14:00
# WRC - Hyundai develop an ... R5 and R2!

The engineer Andrea Adamo (eg Abarth) was designated by Hyundai to participate in the development of future i20 R5 who participate in certain ERC handles with Kevin Abbring at the wheel. A Hyundai i20 R2 would also developing arrive much later.

Source: Rally.it

Should maybe open a chance for Emil Bergkvist as development driver there then.

itix
3rd December 2015, 14:11
Should maybe open a chance for Emil Bergkvist as development driver there then.
We wish... But i doubt it.
Also we are in the wrong forum section for these discussions

Jasper
3rd December 2015, 20:42
You'd almost think they're reading this forum. Nice decision.

Only for Asia-Pasific championship?

The World Motor Sport Council approved the implementation of a one-hour penalty for any missed stage except for super special stages, where a seven-minute penalty will apply in the FIA Asia-Pacific Rally Championship. This is to ensure that competitors running in all stages will always be classified of those that miss a stage.

MartijnS
3rd December 2015, 21:07
Only 7 minute penalty in the Asia-Pasific. 1 hour for the other championships.

tc10a
3rd December 2015, 21:46

Here is the original text from FIA:
http://www.fia.com/news/fia-announces-world-motor-sport-council-decisions-0

There is no mention of WRC for this change, its for Asia Pacific championship.

SubaruNorway
3rd December 2015, 22:35
Here is the original text from FIA:
http://www.fia.com/news/fia-announces-world-motor-sport-council-decisions-0

There is no mention of WRC for this change, its for Asia Pacific championship.

Makes more sense that it was for the APRC, wasn't Tidemand 45min ahead of 2nd in the last rally when Gill retired?

Jasper
4th December 2015, 08:00

Only APRC as i read it.
Seven minute penalty for super special stages, one hour for the other steages.

NoName
4th December 2015, 10:02
Jonas Andersson teaming up with Pontus

vino_93
4th December 2015, 10:14
Miguel Medina (Mexico) will do the 2016 Dmack Cup as he won the 2015 Nacam Fiesta Cup.

tomhlord
4th December 2015, 16:16
Meeke to Toyota potentially. He's visited, Tommi likes him. Aiming for 3 cars.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/122137

EightGear
4th December 2015, 16:19
Are we going to discuss this in 3 different topics? :)

EstWRC
4th December 2015, 16:20
I think there's room in other topics as well

dimviii
4th December 2015, 18:35
Corsica confirmed for 2016
http://www.tourdecorse.com/2015/2015/le-tour-de-corse-confirme-pour-2016/

tomhlord
4th December 2015, 18:37
Are we going to discuss this in 3 different topics? :)
Sorry chaps, hadn't seen those :)

mousti
5th December 2015, 10:44
Guanajuato stage in Mexico will be in 2016 80 KM's long :D

Mirek
5th December 2015, 11:22
I miss the point why it shall be any good?

mousti
5th December 2015, 13:18
I miss the point why it shall be any good?

My smiley was sarcastic, it's indeed no good such a long stage. The altitude alone is already quite tough for the competitors and cars I think then such a distance.. Not necessary at all

GigiGalliNo1
5th December 2015, 14:39
What a bunch of pansies commenting it'll be a tough stage, or its too long... it's RALLY!!!

Rallyper
5th December 2015, 14:58
What a bunch of pansies commenting it'll be a tough stage, or its too long... it's RALLY!!!

Yes, but WRC. Not Paris - Dakar.

Mirek
5th December 2015, 15:08

Yes, exactly. 1/4 of the rally length shall NEVER be just one stage. This year's fail of Tour de Corse was not enough so we make the stages even twice longer? Now let's see what happens when such stage must be canceled or we pray to God that nothing like that ever happens. Sounds like a good plan, doesn't it?

MrJan
5th December 2015, 15:14
Guanajuato stage in Mexico will be in 2016 80 KM's long :D

Finally some stage length to challenge the drivers and cars...now they just need to make the whole rally longer too.

tommeke_B
5th December 2015, 15:20
It reminds me of the 60km long stage in Sardinia last year. Coming from the stage before that one, we arrived half an hour after the stage started. We were still in time (short before the finish) even to see the 0-car. After some 15 cars the stage was cancelled because of Al-Rahji's crash. On longer stages the chance of cancellation is many times higher, for safety reasons (public), for crashes (car blocking the road or crew needing help) etc. Also regarding fair-play these long stages don't do any good, there's a much higher chance of drivers being blocked by the cars (or dust from cars) in front of them... For both competitors and spectators I think having more shorter stages is more fun and safer.

I'd prefer to see the comeback of really long days (like saturday on Sardinia this year) rather than the comeback of really long stages... :)

eestlane
6th December 2015, 01:32
Stupidity at it's best.

stefanvv
6th December 2015, 02:12
Any bets who's gonna win that stage?
So teams will travel several thousand on kms for a risk to miss 1/4 of the rally if the stage is cancelled. Good job.

EstWRC
6th December 2015, 02:17
I'm not gonna bet who's gonna win the stage but I bet that Tänak with his Dmacks will be finishing on rims :p

Andre Oliveira
6th December 2015, 03:27
Ogier with tyre change at 40km, can easly win :spin:

Francis44
6th December 2015, 08:51
Just as easily you can have a whole afternoon of 3 stages canceled for exactly the same reasons, so please come up with better arguments.

I understand that for spectators it might be frustrating to only see one pass but also for organizers it might be easier to focus all volunteers/police on one piece of road. Also, it adds to the challenge.

AL14
6th December 2015, 09:48
Just as easily you can have a hole afternoon of 3 stages canceled for exactly the same reasons, so please come up with better arguments.

I understand that for spectators it might be frustrating to only see one pass but also for organizers it might be easier to focus all volunteers/police on one piece of road. Also, it adds to the challenge.

No, it is more common that one stage is canceled than three of them. If a car block the road it blocks it for that stage not for the others. As for the challenge, I think that a so long stage will kill it because gaps will be huge at the end of it.
When do they do it? Day1 or 2? Hope not day1.

pantealex
6th December 2015, 11:19
No, it is more common that one stage is canceled than three of them. If a car block the road it blocks it for that stage not for the others. As for the challenge, I think that a so long stage will kill it because gaps will be huge at the end of it.
When do they do it? Day1 or 2? Hope not day1.

no, day3, sunday

Simmi
6th December 2015, 11:20
Plenty of people (myself included) have been calling for more endurance in WRC events. But I think we'd all say we'd prefer longer events rather than a gimmick stage within an existing event.

That said - it's not like Mexico (or any other event organiser apart from maybe the Monte) can go and add in significant extra mileage because the inflexible FIA rules don't allow it. They'd simply get thrown out of the championship. The teams (and drivers) would also throw a strop. Increased costs would be cited.

Secondly we constantly criticize events for being too similar and lacking any character or identity. So while you could say it's ill-advised, at least Mexico are trying to do something different within the restrictive framework they've been given.

Until the FIA and the teams open their minds to adopt a proper double points endurance event in the season then we're going to be stuck with stuff like this.

dodge33cymru
6th December 2015, 11:23
Does make you wonder, how much do costs actually increase if an event runs for an extra 100km, with no extra service stops added to the itinerary. Having flown the car, equipment and team halfway around the world, I can't imagine the additional mileage is a huge % increase.

It's a bit like the situation with WTCC, where they fly to Argentina or China for a 10 lap race.

tommeke_B
6th December 2015, 11:34
The costs would be too high indeed... So let's add China to the calendar! I'm sure most people on this forum would prefer to see less events on the calendar (like 11 or 12), and leaving the organizers more freedom to take make their events something to remember.

I don't think endurance events should be given more points. Who can tell it is/was more difficult to win the Safari Rally than to win in Finland?

Mirek
6th December 2015, 12:09
Just as easily you can have a whole afternoon of 3 stages canceled for exactly the same reasons, so please come up with better arguments.

UFO can land there too. Come on, it's way higher probability that THE one stage must be canceled than whole section in another rally. For spectators it's worse, for teams it's worse, for the sport itself and safety it's worse as well. Let's take some points.

- with such stage it's inevitable to see unprecedented number of overtaking on a gravel stage which is both dangerous and unfair
- one stage counts for 1/4 of the rally which makes all other stages something like a warm up for this one stage
- in case such stage has to be canceled a loss of 1/4 of the millage (recent history shows that such scenario is realistic and the risk of cancellation grows significantly with longer stage)
- such stage length doesn't fit in Rally2 rules - we will definitely see again a ridiculous situation when retired drivers set faster times than those who drive trough
- while for WRC teams 80 km is not so big problem it is definitely a problem for privateers, cars suffer a lot with growing distance, especially brakes in Mexican high-altitude conditions will be an issue; for that reason I expect most of the private entrants to just cruise through
- spectators will see less stages and particularly on this stage very little action aside of works drivers
- it's dangerous for spectators too because long stages always suffer from very uneven time gaps between competitors; towards the end of the of the competitive field it's very realistic to expect often gaps of ten or more minutes between two consecutive cars; people naturally tend to walk on stage when nothing happens anymore
- longer time gaps will have to be given on startline to at least partly prevent overtaking and dust issues; that brings us back to spectators for which such stage will be really boring; moreover I'm quite sure that only WRC drivers will be granted 5 minutes gaps or so and others will just suffer; that's anything but fair
- in case of cancellation notional times have to be given; they are usually very unfair in WRC events for everyone except WRC drivers; I can't imagine what the stewards will do here; if the cancellation really comes it may happen that holding a lottery in Paris prior the start would be as fair as finishing the event

Simmi
6th December 2015, 12:20
The costs would be too high indeed... So let's add China to the calendar! I'm sure most people on this forum would prefer to see less events on the calendar (like 11 or 12), and leaving the organizers more freedom to take make their events something to remember.

I don't think endurance events should be given more points. Who can tell it is/was more difficult to win the Safari Rally than to win in Finland?

Completely agree with the idea of fewer, better. Each round should feel special and bring something new to the table. In the short-term simply bringing back a full third leg and allowing for more stages on a Thursday would be a massive boost. I also agree with dodge33cymru's point.

The only reason I mentioned double points is that in this day and age I think you'd need that to convince the teams to do something like the Safari. Because while you couldn't say it's harder to win the Safari than Finland, it certainly costs a lot more to win the Safari. But there's rough endurance events like the Safari and then there's just simply adding more stage kms.

Sadly it doesn't seem that any of it is up for discussion.

Jack4688`
6th December 2015, 12:39
Plenty of people (myself included) have been calling for more endurance in WRC events. But I think we'd all say we'd prefer longer events rather than a gimmick stage within an existing event.

That said - it's not like Mexico (or any other event organiser apart from maybe the Monte) can go and add in significant extra mileage because the inflexible FIA rules don't allow it. They'd simply get thrown out of the championship. The teams (and drivers) would also throw a strop. Increased costs would be cited.

Secondly we constantly criticize events for being too similar and lacking any character or identity. So while you could say it's ill-advised, at least Mexico are trying to do something different within the restrictive framework they've been given.

Until the FIA and the teams open their minds to adopt a proper double points endurance event in the season then we're going to be stuck with stuff like this.

I would like to see the WRC condensed into somewhere between 8 to 10 events - all of them some kind of endurance type event. 5 day Rallye Monte Carlo, Safari Rally, 5 day Circuit of Ireland, Rally d'Italia covering the tarmac and gravel stages from old Sanremo rallies and the Rally Mille Miglia stages in Brescia, a Rally GB covering Wales, Yorkshire, Kielder and as much of Scotland as possible. Not just for the sake of nostalgia, but because of seeing an event really worth watching that covers some amazing scenery and properly formidable stages.

I live in hope...

AndyRAC
6th December 2015, 13:16
You do live in hope - as there's no way that will ever happen.

The purist in me would like to see it - as that was when the WRC was at its best; but time has moved on, sadly and those events are unlikely to happen.

I don't even think a halfway house will even happen; the fewer, better, individualistic events type of WRC with a mix of sprint 2 day events & endurance full 4 day events plus the current generic WRC event. Monte-Carlo would have to be an Endurance event, as would RallyGB - then that event might actually gain some mainstream coverage.

As it is, I think we're stuck with what we've got, which doesn't really inspire me - and neither do the efforts of RedBull, who I think have been lazy with their coverage.

AL14
6th December 2015, 16:18
I live in hope...

You do, but it's good you do it, for god sakes, let's not finish hoping at least here in a forum :) . In a realistic point of view they can at least try to take something from this scenerey. Maybe going there for more than 3 days is impossible but three days can be very different from each other on every round.
Surface can change, mileage can change (see Sardinia day2 for a realistic example), characteristics can change, endurance vs sprint/speed can change. They can do it if they want.
The point is that this must be planned from the beginning, starting with car specs rules that should afford all the differences between rounds. I don't think a Safari could be possible with actual cars for examle.

Rally Power
6th December 2015, 16:22
I don't even think a halfway house will even happen; the fewer, better, individualistic events type of WRC with a mix of sprint 2 day events & endurance full 4 day events plus the current generic WRC event. Monte-Carlo would have to be an Endurance event, as would RallyGB - then that event might actually gain some mainstream coverage.

Yep, a sort of Grand Slam (4 long rallys) in a mixed endurance/sprint 12 events calendar would be great and maybe it'll become the solution in a near future, as the calendar expansion is showing clear limitations.

Btw, the 80kms mexican ss can be challenging, but the risks of running it in a current format wrc event are huge and were proprely explained in the previous posts. FIA officials are a bunch of incompetents if they don't make Mex organizer reconsider.

Jack4688`
6th December 2015, 18:02
You do live in hope - as there's no way that will ever happen.

The purist in me would like to see it - as that was when the WRC was at its best; but time has moved on, sadly and those events are unlikely to happen.

As it is, I think we're stuck with what we've got, which doesn't really inspire me - and neither do the efforts of RedBull, who I think have been lazy with their coverage.

Unfortunately there are many things in life these day where we have to accept that times have changed. However the WRC is an example of over-homogenising to the point where there is little to get excited about or interested in. What point is there in the rule makers trying to control every minutiae to end up with something that they think is what the multi million $/£/€ motor manufacturers want when really all sports thrive on the interest of the fans - be it Joe Public or the hardcore?

The powers that be don't really understand that what they have is something pretty uninspiring right now. A lot of that can be down to the Ogier dominance effect (not much anyone can do about that, unless you relent and introduce gimmick rule changes in a desperate attempt to chop someone's legs off an the knee) but I think the key factor is the homogenised rallies and cars.

Up until last year or possibly the year before Rallye Monte Carlo refused to allow Rally2 to be part of their event, as was their right, and were the only ones that did so. Now it's dangerously close to being just another WRC event. Someone needs to wake up and realise that just one (preferably more) event doing something fundamentally different can create a lot of interest.

Similarity breeds boredom

Rally Power
6th December 2015, 20:19
Similarity breeds boredom

True, WRC can get a better compromise.

Maybe we’re all a bit too much attached to the “golden eras” impressions (it seems all past times were golden until Loeb and Ogier appeared…) and tend to forget there’s a glorious future just around the corner.

Having four of the top 5 auto industry giants (and another one from the top 10) involved in 2017 WRC it’s a clear sign that things aren’t that bad, but there’s certainly room to do more and better as fans expectations aren't entirely fulfilled.

It’s vital to preserve WRC identity and heritage (something that RB/MH seems to be steadily learning), but reasonable innovations bringing new fans to the sport must also be welcomed.

China join up it’s probably the most important one (if FIA manage to help organizers making it a success) and it should be an opportunity to improve WRC layout, in order to get a set of principles and rules easily understood by all.

Hoping for the best!

itix
6th December 2015, 21:14

^this makes so much sense

I'd love to see the safari back with double points...

Would be so awesome.

Mirek
6th December 2015, 21:19
I don't know what to think about this "all rallies are same" stuff. OK, they are similar but they are still different to each other. Look at other motorsports. F1, Moto GP, Nascar or even Rallycross, they are on a completely different level of similarity than WRC can ever be and the people somehow don't find it boring too much. Even if majority of F1 tracks is designed by the same man and it's totally irrelevant if the circuit stands physically here or ten thousand kilometers away.

Not trying to say that more diversity isn't welcome. For sure I support such idea (but reasonable diversity). What I wanted to say is that diversity is probably not the biggest problem our sport has. Rallying from it's nature is one of the most diverse motorsports ever and the cloverleaf format doesn't change that much on it.

Arnold Triyudho Wardono
6th December 2015, 21:21
I miss Safari..

MrJan
6th December 2015, 21:43
I miss Safari..

So do I.

itix
6th December 2015, 22:05
Ola Fløene is codriving mads according to FB page!

Is Mikkola going back to Mikkelsen then?
Weird stuff.

Also I miss safari

Edit: My bad, already posted in silly season... note to self, do your reading next time!

Mintexmemory
7th December 2015, 00:57
No Mikkola is enjoying the occasional Audi demo run, Markkula is a possibility though ;-)

itix
7th December 2015, 07:53
Ah yes, right ;)

giu canbera
8th December 2015, 03:40
Does anybody here thinks Raikkonen will be back to WRC in 2017? Or... would u guys like to see him back to WRC?

janvanvurpa
8th December 2015, 04:13
Does anybody here thinks Raikkonen will be back to WRC in 2017? Or... would u guys like to see him back to WRC?

Why not?
I'm certainly no fan of Eff Juan but I don't think its a contagious disease so s long as he gets his shots I think its safe he comes back.
I think it was my friend Ola Strömberg who said "Rally is a disease for which there is no cure"

Raikkonen is a Finn and they all have it from birth.

GigiGalliNo1
8th December 2015, 14:59
New co-driver for WRC Andreas Mikkelsen in Polo R WRC with Anders Jæger

AL14
8th December 2015, 15:15
New co-driver for WRC Andreas Mikkelsen in Polo R WRC with Anders Jæger

Official release https://www.andreasmikkelsen.no/news/anders-jaeger-to-co-drive-andreas-mikkelsen/

nafpaktos
8th December 2015, 19:31

The only good thing is that his participation maybe will attract somme publicity which is good for the sport,apart from that i dont see any good,i had never seen from him drive like Robert's.

Red bull
9th December 2015, 08:46
So do I.. Me too,a least something rough and tough for a change.

pantealex
9th December 2015, 09:25

if Kimi comes back, he will drive Toyota.
His Punto S2000 is still at Tommi´s garage "ready to race spec"

N.O.T
9th December 2015, 09:29

Hamburger boy is going to be a nice addition to the Mcdonalds championship Prokop will have a true competitor.

rallyace
9th December 2015, 09:34

I certainly wouldn't mind seeing him back in the WRC. Did you read or hear anything about a possible return of his? :)

itix
9th December 2015, 11:20
Other than adding spotlight to the series I doubt he'd be of much use. His last visit was hilariously bad.

Sulland
9th December 2015, 14:41
He might want to go into RallyCross. Would suit the Iceman

GigiGalliNo1
9th December 2015, 15:15
Prokop

http://sport.aktualne.cz/martin-prokop-pred-dakarem-maka-v-posilovne-a-snazi-se-pribr/r~41851aee9d0111e586750025900fea04

PLuto
9th December 2015, 18:24
Prokop

http://sport.aktualne.cz/martin-prokop-pred-dakarem-maka-v-posilovne-a-snazi-se-pribr/r~41851aee9d0111e586750025900fea04

Nothing special, article is mainly about his preparing before Dakar. He confirmed that he would like to start in some WRC rounds with his Fiesta and some circuit races with Mercedes GT3.

Jack4688`
9th December 2015, 18:41
Hamburger boy is going to be a nice addition to the Mcdonalds championship Prokop will have a true competitor.

Hamburger boy? I thought he was ice lolly boy?

dimviii
15th December 2015, 16:36
Endurance level, the economy is already cohosh with reduced programs for Porsche and Audi at the 24 Hours of Le Mans. The same goes for Rallycross with only two cars entered in the RX next year instead of four this season.

Rally side, the Skoda team could be a priority target group while the Volkswagen Polo team will retain its three WRC in 2016 but will reduce its VIP events and promotional activities.

A month before the start of the championship, it seems clear that the Skoda works team will be absent at the Monte Carlo while testing for the Swedish Rally is underway: one day for Esapekka Lappi and another for Pontus Tidemand.

According Rallye Magazin, the team's program will be officially announced next January. The APRC championship seems not forgotten with the possible participation of German Fabian Kreim hope to replace Pontus Tidemand titled in 2015.

http://www.rallye-sport.fr/skoda-encore-sans-programme/

RS
15th December 2015, 17:13
This would be an all-mighty piss take if Skoda have to cut their programme given that they make around three times profit per vehicle that VW do. Especially as the emissions scandal came from VW.

Interesting that Skoda would miss the most famous rally in the world when you consider the resources that they threw at it in the IRC days. I suppose that shows how poor the coverage of WRC2 is.

tomhlord
15th December 2015, 17:28
This would be an all-mighty piss take if Skoda have to cut their programme given that they make around three times profit per vehicle that VW do. Especially as the emissions scandal came from VW.

Interesting that Skoda would miss the most famous rally in the world when you consider the resources that they threw at it in the IRC days. I suppose that shows how poor the coverage of WRC2 is.
It's bonkers to me that Skoda miss Monte. They sell "Monte Carlo" branded retail cars for crying out loud!

tomhlord
15th December 2015, 17:29
Meeke news tomorrow, stand by.

AndyRAC
15th December 2015, 17:57

VW should really pull 1 car from their WRC programme - who is going to notice less PR or hospitality? Audi & Porsche are not running 3 cars at Le Mans & Spa which is quite significant, yet VW carry on with a what looks like a full programme.....

rallyfiend
15th December 2015, 18:04
VW should really pull 1 car from their WRC programme - who is going to notice less PR or hospitality? Audi & Porsche are not running 3 cars at Le Mans & Spa which is quite significant, yet VW carry on with a what looks like a full programme.....

VW aren't spending 300 million to beat another VW Group brand....

pantealex
15th December 2015, 18:11
remember that in WRC2 they can drive 7 events out of 14. Skoda must skip some

so it´s 50/50

tc10a
15th December 2015, 18:52
remember that in WRC2 they can drive 7 events out of 14. Skoda must skip some
so it´s 50/50

After the 2015 final results in WRC2 and no drivers title for the factory drivers, Skoda will definitely choose their 7 events wisely in 2016. Thats for sure. And a tyre and weather lottery in Monte Carlo might not fit into this plan. There are enough european rounds left in the season. 100% right decision and predictable. There will be still enough 'private' Fabia R5 around.

dodge33cymru
15th December 2015, 19:14
Still a bit pathetic, they can do the event and 7 others surely?

Hard to believe the WRC2 title is more sought after than a class win at Monte Carlo, but maybe I'm showing my age there.

tc10a
15th December 2015, 19:25

Hard to believe the WRC2 title is more sought after than a class win at Monte Carlo, but maybe I'm showing my age there.

Even without the factory team, a Fabia R5 win is still highly likely. The media coverage at Monte Carlo for WRC2 is nearly zero as anywhere else.

From the Top10 in WRC2 Championship 2015 only two contested in Monte Carlo (Place 8 - Breen and Place 10 - Camili).

Mirek
15th December 2015, 21:15
After the 2015 final results in WRC2 and no drivers title for the factory drivers, Skoda will definitely choose their 7 events wisely in 2016. Thats for sure. And a tyre and weather lottery in Monte Carlo might not fit into this plan. There are enough european rounds left in the season. 100% right decision and predictable. There will be still enough 'private' Fabia R5 around.

Guys, I think that the decisions why they do this and don't do that are often made on completely different level than Motorsport department. My personal feeling is that the management (be it Škoda itself or VAG) simply hasn't made any decision towards 2016 yet and that they skip Monte Carlo simply because it's too early. Let's see what will come out later.

Rally Power
15th December 2015, 21:25
Strange choice from Skoda, if confirmed. As reported, it may be linked with VW cutting off, but the group motorsport activities weren't that affected. At least, having in mind those apocalyptic early predictions made by some over dramatic journos...

PLuto
16th December 2015, 02:26
I was also surprised that they will miss Monte, but decision about starting season in Sweden was made few weeks ago. And, of course, management and drivers knows (at least in basic) programme for next season...

GigiGalliNo1
16th December 2015, 03:11
Meeke gets 3 year deal with Citroen Racing in the WRC

GigiGalliNo1
16th December 2015, 03:12
Meeke to sit in 10 WRC outings in the DS3

KiwiWRCfan
16th December 2015, 05:32
Russian rally website reports Meeke remains with Citroen for 3 years, doing 10 WRC rounds in 2016 with private PH sports. Report suggests Toyota offer was more financially lucrative for Kris but he preferred opportunity to stay competing.

Stephane Lefebvre also expected to do 10 WRC rounds with fellow frenchman Gabin Moreau being considered as codriver

Makinen said to be disappointed but understanding of Meeke's decision.

Google translate works well off this link http://rallyzone.ru/.contents/1102847351909996/1450230277142492/0/ru/

RS
16th December 2015, 06:42
Sounds like a good deal for Meeke. Good job he had Toyota to use as bargaining power!

er88
16th December 2015, 06:58
Great deal for Meeke. Hopefully Matton will stop bashing him in the press now and manage him a little better....

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

GigiGalliNo1
16th December 2015, 07:04
Great news!

dodge33cymru
16th December 2015, 08:25
Superb, hoped that would be the case, but 10 rounds with PH Sport is better than I was expecting; guess that's all events bar the flyaways.

Makes sense for him, as he already has a long-standing, good relationship with PSA so there is little point jeopardising it, thinking beyond his WRC career.

tommeke_B
16th December 2015, 08:29
Great deal for Meeke. Hopefully Matton will stop bashing him in the press now and manage him a little better....

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
Bashing? Without Matton Meeke would probably have been sitting at home and would never have had the opportunity to be in a WRC works seat again. Up until this year he was the only one willing to take him in a works seat. He had 2 events in 2013, crashed it twice, and still got a chance for the 2014 season. Both this year and last year he had very good results (3 podium finishes, so did Ostberg), but also a lot of mistakes. I don't think Matton said many wrong things in the media aside of the facts? I think he's quite patient with Meeke (not that there are many other options at this moment).

Anyway, very happy to see some "semi-works" team from Citroën for next year. That should make at least 11 works/semi-works cars on each European WRC event. VW:Ogier/Latvala/Mikkelsen -- Hyundai:Neuville/Paddon/Sordo -- PH:Meeke/Lefebvre -- M-Sport:Ostberg/Camilli -- D-Mack:Tänak

I hope the participation of PH opens some doors for more privateers to enter in a rented WRC car as well. It could become a new option next to M-Sport, as PH will be present on most events. For anyone who ever wants (and has the ability) to enter a WRC event with a WRC car, this is the right moment, since from 2017 it could become (financially) impossible for privateers...

jacko
16th December 2015, 09:05
Great deal, Meeke had some luck with the 3 year contract because Toyota wanted the services also but anyway, great to have Meeke for a few years in the WRC.

Lundefaret
16th December 2015, 09:21
Very glad for Meeke!
I had hoped he went for Toyota, but it will be very good at Citroën too.
I really like that there was two teams fighting for him - driving up his salary. He deserves that.
Kris isn't only one of the very very few drivers that can take Ogier on pure speed, he is also a very important personality in the championship with great charisma. The WRC needs that, and needs longevity beneath Meeke.
Good luck, and I hope for many victories!

Simmi
16th December 2015, 09:47
Great news. I'll feel even better when I actually see it confirmed. Slightly interesting from a PR angle as Citroen have said quite a few different things in the press regarding 2016. Not sure exactly how they will announce this news.

Glad to see Meeke got the long-term deal as there were reports Citroen weren't offering that. For sure he owes Tommi a few beers for giving him all that negotiating leverage. It may well even have helped get that amount of rallies in 2016 too.

Lundefaret
16th December 2015, 11:57
Great news. I'll feel even better when I actually see it confirmed. Slightly interesting from a PR angle as Citroen have said quite a few different things in the press regarding 2016. Not sure exactly how they will announce this news.

Glad to see Meeke got the long-term deal as there were reports Citroen weren't offering that. For sure he owes Tommi a few beers for giving him all that negotiating leverage. It may well even have helped get that amount of rallies in 2016 too.

I would think that Citroëns oustet was something like:

1 year contract.
Development of 2017 car.
4-5 rallies in 2016.
X amaount in pay.

Because of the sudden stock price hike with Toyota also wanting him, he could leverage that deal quite considerably. Very good for Kris, very good for Citroën, not so good for Toyota.

tommeke_B
16th December 2015, 12:01
http://www.autonews-magazine.com/blog/?p=44188&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook Some info about Lefebvre/Prévot and Breen.

EightGear
16th December 2015, 12:08
http://www.autonews-magazine.com/blog/?p=44188&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook Some info about Lefebvre/Prévot and Breen.

So Breen and Al-Qassimi are new BFFs?

AL14
16th December 2015, 12:09

Did not understand the Breen part. Can you explain it pls?

tommeke_B
16th December 2015, 12:13
Prévot said something like "For Stéphane things will become more difficult with another youngster who is following the same path, as Craig Breen also has a programme with a DS3 WRC thanks to the support of K. Al Qassimi."

Prévot, the most experienced codriver in WRC at the moment, is still available for next year.

tomhlord
16th December 2015, 12:52
Aha, was wondering where Been might end up. It's been circulating a WRC programme but not in a Fiesta so looks like we may have the answer now.

Barreis
16th December 2015, 13:45
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/122261

dimviii
16th December 2015, 14:16
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/122261

didny understant at last paragraph.Prevot will finally co-drive Breen?

dimviii
16th December 2015, 14:24
Fredrik Gustavsson ‏@F_Gustavsson

NEWS: Hänninen and Hirvonen will be Toyota's test drivers developing the Yaris WRC, starting in march. @tmgofficial @MikkoWRC @JuhoWRC #WRC

GigiGalliNo1
16th December 2015, 15:07
Al Qassimi is favouring Breen, Meeks's contract in 2016 is really to test the 2017 spec DS3 and SOME, emphasis on SOME rounds... it will NOT be the full 10 as written, Meeke will share those drives with Breen in DS3 WRC in 2016.

Split 2 cars between Breen, Meeke and Lefebvre in limited program in 2016 basically.

EstWRC
16th December 2015, 15:21
Where did you get this info?

irish_tiger
16th December 2015, 16:01
Al Qassimi is favouring Breen, Meeks's contract in 2016 is really to test the 2017 spec DS3 and SOME, emphasis on SOME rounds... it will NOT be the full 10 as written, Meeke will share those drives with Breen in DS3 WRC in 2016.

Split 2 cars between Breen, Meeke and Lefebvre in limited program in 2016 basically.

I'm confused - is Meeke doing 10 rounds or not ???? And where does Breen come into this ????

Fast Eddie WRC
16th December 2015, 16:03
Paul Nagle: Fantastic news today that we will be part of theCitroen family for the next 3 years.Big thank you to @krismeeke &@CitroenRacing #overthemoon

focus206
16th December 2015, 16:29
Really glad for Meeke, I think he did the right thing signing for Citroen, 3 years is a good deal.

Lundefaret
16th December 2015, 16:44
Really glad for Meeke, I think he did the right thing signing for Citroen, 3 years is a good deal.

It was a choice between two right, so it would have been difficult to go wrong :)

Toyota whit out Meeke is worse than Meeke whit out Toyota. So it will be interesting to see how Toyota solves this question.
Neuville could be a wild card, depending on his form in Hyundai 2016.
Mäkinen is THE team boss that could coach Neuville back to fighting for championships.

RS
16th December 2015, 16:48
Really pleased that Juho is given a go at Toyota. Hopefully it will lead to more for him.

vino_93
16th December 2015, 17:10

What is too important is that we learn that Lefebvre lost Red Bull support and Event doesn't help him anymore.

Simmi
16th December 2015, 17:11
Interested to see how these Citroen seats shake out. Because if that Abu Dhabi money was leaving but now isn't then that's good news. Just remains to be seen who does what rallies.

EstWRC
16th December 2015, 17:15
i understand that Meeke and Lefebvre will do 10 rounds and Qassimi/Breen will share the third car? Nothing isnt confirmed of course.

Eli
16th December 2015, 17:34
so we have everything pretty much confirmed a part from how many rounds will they all run(M-Sport & PH Citroen)

Jack4688`
16th December 2015, 17:52
Bashing? Without Matton Meeke would probably have been sitting at home and would never have had the opportunity to be in a WRC works seat again. Up until this year he was the only one willing to take him in a works seat. He had 2 events in 2013, crashed it twice, and still got a chance for the 2014 season. Both this year and last year he had very good results (3 podium finishes, so did Ostberg), but also a lot of mistakes. I don't think Matton said many wrong things in the media aside of the facts? I think he's quite patient with Meeke (not that there are many other options at this moment).

Anyway, very happy to see some "semi-works" team from Citroën for next year. That should make at least 11 works/semi-works cars on each European WRC event. VW:Ogier/Latvala/Mikkelsen -- Hyundai:Neuville/Paddon/Sordo -- PH:Meeke/Lefebvre -- M-Sport:Ostberg/Camilli -- D-Mack:Tänak

I hope the participation of PH opens some doors for more privateers to enter in a rented WRC car as well. It could become a new option next to M-Sport, as PH will be present on most events. For anyone who ever wants (and has the ability) to enter a WRC event with a WRC car, this is the right moment, since from 2017 it could become (financially) impossible for privateers...

The point is Matton has been very public with his criticism of Meeke. Whether they are facts or not Matton could have shown more class by speaking only internally about it, not to the press.

dodge33cymru
16th December 2015, 18:01
But the other fact is that Meeke ended the season strongly, so it could be argued that his style worked.

Lundefaret
16th December 2015, 18:13
The point is Matton has been very public with his criticism of Meeke. Whether they are facts or not Matton could have shown more class by speaking only internally about it, not to the press.

In all fearness:
Matton brought Meeke in to the team.
Kept him there tough he crashed when he promised not to.

Matton has put Meeke under pressure - for sure. But he has been very clear about the targets. And he still chooses to keep Meeke onboard, even tough the three years instead of one or two that Matton wanted - is probably a result of the Toyota interest. Matton and Citroën is going to be defining, if not THE defining, parts of Meekes career.

Jack4688`
16th December 2015, 18:16
Possibly, but still if you had an offer from Toyota it would be easy to remember when your team boss said to the press that you're not doing good enough.

On the other hand you don't want a team boss like Eddie Jordan who seems to think racing drivers need a cuddle after every event

Jack4688`
16th December 2015, 18:18
In all fearness:
Matton brought Meeke in to the team.

Patton has put Meeke under pressure - for sure. But he has been very clear about the targets. And he still chooses to keep Meeke onboard, even tough the three years instead of one or two that Matton wanted - is probably a result of the Toyota interest. Patton and Citroën is going to be defining, if not THE defining, parts of Meekes career.

To be honest if I were in Matton's shoes I'd have got rid of him ages ago, just would have been less vocal to the press

EstWRC
16th December 2015, 18:27
Patton or Paddon?

mousti
16th December 2015, 18:44
Patton or Paddon?

Matton

EstWRC
16th December 2015, 18:53
or Maddon?

JAM
16th December 2015, 19:22
I wonder wich would be Loeb's role on the new Citroen WRC...

The 3 years contract with Meeke is a surprise for me

AndyRAC
16th December 2015, 20:13
I wonder which would be Loeb's role on the new Citroen WRC...

The 3 years contract with Meeke is a surprise for me

Depends in how much leeway Peugeot-Sport give him; if any - seeing as he's doing the FiA XC World Cup as well as the Dakar.

Mirek
16th December 2015, 21:19
Peugeot and Citroën sport departments are only two sub-departments of one. They have been preparing common facilities in Satory.

Fast Eddie WRC
16th December 2015, 21:50
The fact was that Citroen and Meeke both needed one another - neither had a better alternative available.

Fast Eddie WRC
16th December 2015, 21:52
Meeke's deal was certainly the big news of the close season... even the BBC covered it !! :eek:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/motorsport/35111993

leighton323
17th December 2015, 10:05
Drive DMACK shootout currently being held at M-Sport at the moment.
The winner will recieve a Drive in a Fiesta R5 car in 2016.
Image was posted on Brandon Reeves Instagram account.
Anyone recognise the others?

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/17/0d6695bd9017a2028b5b7f3585fe2212.jpg

dupanton
17th December 2015, 11:28
Jon Armstrong in the middle?

wia5958
17th December 2015, 11:29
Jon Armstrong in the middle?
yeah

HarriK
17th December 2015, 11:30
Left side: Eerik Pietarinen, Finland (someone maybe can confirm this?)

EstWRC
17th December 2015, 11:57
Estonian junior champion Miko Niinemäe is with the blue shirt. Yeah, you heard it right, another estonian in rally world. We are conquering the rally world and taking it over from french :p

Kalm
17th December 2015, 12:01
left to right : Eerik Pietarinen, Miko-Ove Niinemäe, Jon Armstrong, Brandon Reeves, Gus Greensmith

correct me if im wrong :)

Hartusvuori
17th December 2015, 12:03
John MacCrone and Max Vatanen are there also. Maybe some more too.

Jeppe
17th December 2015, 12:03
Left side: Eerik Pietarinen, Finland (someone maybe can confirm this?)

I can confirm it - Eerik it is.

Here is other Drive Dmack Shoot Out 2015 -invited drivers:

Eerik Pietarinen (FIN)
John MacCrone (GBR)
Jon Armstrong (GBR)
Brendan Reeves (AUS)
Tom Cave (GBR)
Max Vatanen (FIN)
Kevin van Deijne (NED)
Gus Greensmith (GBR)
Mats van den Brand (NED)
Miko-Ove Niinemae (EST)

JAM
17th December 2015, 14:33
Depends in how much leeway Peugeot-Sport give him; if any - seeing as he's doing the FiA XC World Cup as well as the Dakar.

I thinh Loeb is the most important thing that Citroen has to the WRC project.

I see Loeb with Peugeot and Dakar as a way to have the french free to work on the new WRC.

dimviii
17th December 2015, 15:10
M-Sport ‏@MSportLtd

Congratulations to @JonArmstrong84, our 2015 #DDFT Shootout winner!
DMACK Tyres και WRC

Fast Eddie WRC
17th December 2015, 16:38
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CWb2x6hWwAEIxwb.jpg:large

Barreis
17th December 2015, 17:10
M-Sport ‏@MSportLtd

Congratulations to @JonArmstrong84, our 2015 #DDFT Shootout winner!
DMACK Tyres και WRC

Setting up? ;)

dimviii
17th December 2015, 20:11
Setting up? ;)

explain please.

Barreis
17th December 2015, 20:18
Just joking. It had to be Britt... ;)

EstWRC
17th December 2015, 20:23
he looks like Sander Pärn with a beard, lol

Nornbugger
17th December 2015, 22:09
Pleased for Jon Armstrong, the lad is quick

AL14
17th December 2015, 23:01
Is this true?
http://www.meltyxtrem.fr/sebastien-loeb-a-refuse-une-offre-de-tommi-makinen-pour-developper-la-yaris-wrc-a482667.html

"Loeb refused makinen's offer to develop yaris wrc"

N.O.T
17th December 2015, 23:22
Is this true?
http://www.meltyxtrem.fr/sebastien-loeb-a-refuse-une-offre-de-tommi-makinen-pour-developper-la-yaris-wrc-a482667.html

"Loeb refused makinen's offer to develop yaris wrc"

Loeb is a contracted PSA driver, what did makinen expect ?

JAM
18th December 2015, 01:18
Any manufacturer could invite Loeb. No one could receive a "yes", except PSA group. It's obvious.

This is a kind of no-new at all.

Red bull
18th December 2015, 07:26
Upcoming champion. http://pablomachi.com/pm/kalle-rovanpera-the-flying-finns-future-with-tgs-team/