PDA

View Full Version : Rally Sweden 2014

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Simorally86
8th December 2013, 10:54
Less then two months to the classic winter rally, the Amazing Rally Sweden!
With a couple of friends we are planning for the first time a trip to Sweden, hotel already booked in Torsby, but i have a question to the guys that have already seen the race...is it possible to find winter equipment, such as ski suit etc for rental? Or i have to bring with me on the flight? Because that things are quite cumbersome to pack...
Morever, access roads are all open like in most of European Rallyes, or is it similar to Wales Rally GB, where most of the access roads are closed, except the one choosed from the organisation?

ruesluporp
12th December 2013, 15:46
Hi! Third time in a row in Sweden for me.

I've never seen ski suits for rent in Hagfors or in Torsby. But it's not difficult to take your stuff with you in the plane: put on your heaviest shoes, wear your most ample ski vest (or two) on you, you will be able to put it in the overhead bins during the flight. And at the arrival, these are the first things that you will put away in the trunk of your car.

That's the way we do, and we have never had difficulties to take our stuff to Sweden.

Regarding roads to access the special stages, you don't have many choices, because some roads are so narrow that it's one-way only and it is difficult to park your car on the road shoulder in the snow. There are marshalls and cops everywhere. Anyway, the organizer provides parking lots at 3 or 4 spots in every special stages. From there, your are always permitted to walk to another spot.

The best news is that you will be able to see a lot of different special stages (we managed to attend 10 different SS on 11 in 2011, and 12 SS on 13 in 2012). So the rally pass is essential (many marshalls). Plan to have 5 euros (or 50 krones) banknotes for the parking (you cannot do differently).

Atob WRC
12th December 2013, 20:36
Hello all,

This year, will be our third rally of sweden. We are waiting with many nervous the date of the rally!!

Here I leave the links to our videos from the past years.

Any question of stages, please, comment here!

Best regards!!

2010: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1ahDrr6FXs
2011: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dlHUriHFSw

BleAivano
13th December 2013, 11:48
Entries are open! @HyundaiWRC was first to enter #RallySweden 2014 with @thierryneuville
& @JuhoWRC – Who's next? http://www.rallysweden.com/en/tavlingen/anmalda

https://twitter.com/RallySweden/status/ ... 5644580864 (https://twitter.com/RallySweden/status/411443865644580864)

Regarding roads to access the special stages, you don't have many choices, because some roads are so narrow that it's one-way only and it is difficult to park your car on the road shoulder in the snow. There are marshalls and cops everywhere. Anyway, the organizer provides parking lots at 3 or 4 spots in every special stages. From there, your are always permitted to walk to another spot.

I so disagree with this. Very few stages actually have proper parkings. Usually "Parking" means
parking your car at the side of the access road and the walking a looong way to the stage.

From what i can remember, Colin's crest, the finish at Fredriksberg and Ransbysäter got proper parkings.

Simorally86
18th December 2013, 17:56
Thanks to all, guys!
One more question...is it possible see many stages during the day? Like in Sardinia or Acropolis for example? On Saturday, is it possible watch the first 10/15 cars on "Lesjofors" and then move to "Rammen"? According to Maps, there are only 20Km...and 2 hours between the stages.
Anybody did it in the past?

BleAivano
18th December 2013, 19:21
Thanks to all, guys!
One more question...is it possible see many stages during the day? Like in Sardinia or Acropolis for example? On Saturday, is it possible watch the first 10/15 cars on "Lesjofors" and then move to "Rammen"? According to Maps, there are only 20Km...and 2 hours between the stages.

I would say that its not impossible but quite a gamble.

In worst case scenario a big part those two hours will be spent walking from/to stage/car.
As I mentioned most spectator areas doesn't have a proper parking which means that you could be forced to
quite long walks. Then there is the matter of driving from where you parked to the next stage.
The access roads can be many km long and they're usually quite narrow with lots of traffic.

The main roads aren't really that big either.

The snow means that both driving and walking will take longer time then on a non-winter rally.

Teme
18th December 2013, 21:46
Twitter: Prodrive ?@prodrive 1h
@RallySweden Yes hopefully should be a MINI or two in Sweden next year.

Good news if this happens. And hopefully it means WRC over S1.6T! Nikara still with Prodrive?

ruesluporp
19th December 2013, 11:05
I so disagree with this. Very few stages actually have proper parkings. Usually "Parking" means
parking your car at the side of the access road and the walking a looong way to the stage.

From what i can remember, Colin's crest, the finish at Fredriksberg and Ransbysäter got proper parkings.

I think you don't have a good memory!
In the Rally Magazine 2014 I received Yesterday, everybody would be able to see that the organizer provides a parking at every spectator point they promote (from 2 to 5 at every special stage)!

Franky
19th December 2013, 11:11

In the Rally Magazine 2014 I received Yesterday, everybody would be able to see that the organizer provides a parking at every spectator point they promote (from 2 to 5 at every special stage)!

But do they mention what kind of parking? Road side parking or a special area made for parking?

ruesluporp
19th December 2013, 11:28
You wrote :
But do they mention what kind of parking? Road side parking or a special area made for parking?

It's sometimes a kind of courtyard, or an existing parking lot, or a flat meadow. And you have to pay 50 SEK. I think they would never dare to ask for 50 SEK for parking on a road side...

Carbon
19th December 2013, 12:59
Tanak will start also in Rally Sweden with M-Sport Fiesta WRC. ;)

Sso
19th December 2013, 14:07
You wrote :

It's sometimes a kind of courtyard, or an existing parking lot, or a flat meadow. And you have to pay 50 SEK. I think they would never dare to ask for 50 SEK for parking on a road side...

They dare, trust me..

pantealex
19th December 2013, 14:13
Thanks to all, guys!

It is possible to see many stages/day. I have been there 4 times and every time 3-5 stages/day. Ofcourse some of them are SuperSpecialStages but I like those also.

Distance between stages is not the thing, size of the road is what matters. Big roads have no traffic jams. We have used big parking slots, faster to go in and out.

Also running order is like slowest WRC go first in friday and saturday, so if you miss "Al-Qassimi" that´s not end of the world.

BleAivano
19th December 2013, 15:30

A P symbol in the program does not mean its a large flat meadow parking.
On the contrary it is usually the opposite where the parking is the done on the access road.

Simorally86
19th December 2013, 18:34
Thanks to all, guys!

It is possible to see many stages/day. I have been there 4 times and every time 3-5 stages/day. Ofcourse some of them are SuperSpecialStages but I like those also.

Distance between stages is not the thing, size of the road is what matters. Big roads have no traffic jams. We have used big parking slots, faster to go in and out.

Also running order is like slowest WRC go first in friday and saturday, so if you miss "Al-Qassimi" that´s not end of the world.
Perfect! Thank you!
Do you think that a normal car 2wd it's enough, or i have to rent a 4x4?

Mintexmemory
19th December 2013, 18:38

Is that true for 2014 -thought they were changing the qualy and running order rules again (though it could be wuishful thinking on my part!)

SubaruNorway
19th December 2013, 20:09

Is that true for 2014 -thought they were changing the qualy and running order rules again (though it could be wuishful thinking on my part!)

The WRC leader starts first on day one and after rally order on day 2 and 3 with the slowest car going first.

BleAivano
19th December 2013, 20:13
The WRC leader starts first on day one and after rally order on day 2 and 3 with the slowest car going first.

Well that was stupid. :angryfire :mad:

stefanvv
19th December 2013, 20:35

Well that was stupid. :angryfire :mad:
It's not that fair as QS, but will give some advantage od other drivers against "the new Loeb", well for just 1 day. Still will make the Rallies little more interesting.

skarderud
19th December 2013, 21:17
[/quote]
Perfect! Thank you!
Do you think that a normal car 2wd it's enough, or i have to rent a 4x4?[/quote]

No, 2wd is ok. It depends on the tyres and the driver though:)
I live in a sidevalley to Lillehammer in norway, a rwd volvo and real studtyres is working really well!

pantealex
19th December 2013, 22:00
Thanks to all, guys!
Perfect! Thank you!
Do you think that a normal car 2wd it's enough, or i have to rent a 4x4?

This year we rented Ford Transit, so 2wd is OK, but take it with studded tires! and ofcourse 4wd is better.

Priorat
20th December 2013, 12:54
We rent our car (9 places van) in Oslo airport in Norway where I think don't put studded tyres but just winter tyres. Will be enough?

wwbroe
20th December 2013, 13:03
We rent our car (9 places van) in Oslo airport in Norway where I think don't put studded tyres but just winter tyres. Will be enough?

Normally most reantal cars in Oslo will be equiped with winter tyres with studs, but even if you have no studs, winter tyres will do just well in most cases. ;)

Priorat
20th December 2013, 13:22

Normally most reantal cars in Oslo will be equiped with winter tyres with studs, but even if you have no studs, winter tyres will do just well in most cases. ;)

well, thank you

Atob WRC
22nd December 2013, 20:22
Nowadays only one snowfall on 6th of December, in the zone of the rally. That means 0 cm. actually at Hagfors.

Hope the situation improves.

N.O.T
22nd December 2013, 21:42
Nowadays only one snowfall on 6th of December, in the zone of the rally. That means 0 cm. actually at Hagfors.

Hope the situation improves.

it has begun... LOL...

tommeke_B
23rd December 2013, 17:45
A question for the Swedish and Norwegian members on the forum here. Does anyone know one or several teams (if possible with contact details through PM) who can offer group N / R4 cars for rent for Rally Sweden? Maybe with some background info of them?

Thanks in advance... :)

dimviii
23rd December 2013, 18:16
i would ask and at Finland.

Priorat
23rd December 2013, 18:22
A question for the Swedish and Norwegian members on the forum here. Does anyone know one or several teams (if possible with contact details through PM) who can offer group N / R4 cars for rent for Rally Sweden? Maybe with some background info of them?

Thanks in advance... :)

For sure the best choice to follow rally Sweden. I want one also! :p

tommeke_B
23rd December 2013, 19:37
i would ask and at Finland.
Yes, all help is welcome. :)

Co-FIN
23rd December 2013, 22:00
Printsport from finland, http://www.printsport.fi/company.php

br21
23rd December 2013, 22:35
I could also recommend Printsport

AMSS
24th December 2013, 10:14
Also Tommi Makinen Racing and Esko Reiners Motorsport offer this.

Simorally86
25th December 2013, 11:32
Where is it possible to buy the rally pass? We'll arrive in the night with the flight in Oslo, and we'll go directly on stage...can we find it in the stage parking?

Atob WRC
25th December 2013, 11:47
Where is it possible to buy the rally pass? We'll arrive in the night with the flight in Oslo, and we'll go directly on stage...can we find it in the stage parking?

I think the unique possibility it´s go through a Petrol Station Q8, and there you can buy the rally tickets.

But if not, assure buying for internet. I think through the web it´s possible.

BR!

wwbroe
25th December 2013, 12:34
If you go to the website of Rally Sweden, it is possible to purchase your rallypass there, i think the price is 499SEK, wich is approximatly 55 Euro's. ;)

Simorally86
25th December 2013, 17:47
Ok Thanks guys!
but if i buy the pass on the internet, they will send me it at home? In Italy?
Because i tryed to buy it on the net, but it's all written in Swedish ( The form to buy pass ), and i don't understand if they send it or not...

pantealex
25th December 2013, 20:14
Ok Thanks guys!
but if i buy the pass on the internet, they will send me it at home? In Italy?
Because i tryed to buy it on the net, but it's all written in Swedish ( The form to buy pass ), and i don't understand if they send it or not...

Yes, they will send it to you.
Remember to pre order rallymagazine also, so you will have maps and other info before you arrive in Sweden (or Norway)
All most all things in rallysweden.com are in english too.

ruesluporp
26th December 2013, 00:36

https://app.box.com/s/og31ovww2jbcog0pcap0
https://app.box.com/s/pu0nn9upsramy0s874xm

BleAivano
26th December 2013, 13:48
two pics from one/two of the stages: https://twitter.com/F_Gustavsson/status ... 3803047936 (https://twitter.com/F_Gustavsson/status/416166543803047936)

Astro83
26th December 2013, 21:42
It's a really bad start for the winter here in Sweden!! :/ But we hope for much snow now in Januari!

Sulland
26th December 2013, 22:35
Yes, but you need sub-Zero temprature a week or so before the snow!

N.O.T
27th December 2013, 03:20
every year the same stupid story... mentally handicapped people worrying about no snow and no ice months before the rally starts.... you guys failed physics in school or something ??? it only takes a week of so for snow and ice to form a nice layer on the stages...so please start worrying when the events gets closer.

miniwintz
27th December 2013, 08:45
:D

stefanvv
27th December 2013, 09:52
:D , Yes you need to worry if someone says there will be snow on Rally Mexico. Then teams must prepare snow tires :D .

tommeke_B
27th December 2013, 10:59
:D , Yes you need to worry if someone says there will be snow on Rally Mexico. Then teams must prepare snow tires :D .
No they don't.

Rallyper
27th December 2013, 11:23
The only worrying is that the low pressure areas keep coming from same direction going their way north of mid-sweden. Historically they can keep doing that for weeks and have already done that since 5-6 weeks. This winter reminds me of the ones in early 90´s, which I believe one year RS had to cancel from no winter.

But like N.O.T. says, one week with right circumstances weatherly, it wouldn´t be a problem. Though that has to happen at least two weeks before the rally goes on...

bluuford
27th December 2013, 13:34
Do not worry guys, proper snow arrives to Rally Sweden stages on the second week of January

stefanvv
27th December 2013, 13:50
No they don't.
You're right of course as usual, I just remembered one year here we had snow in May and nobody on Rally Sliven was prepared for it with snow tyres except just 1 crew :D So he didn't run the stages, there wasn't point :D

Simorally86
27th December 2013, 21:28
Anybody knows where is the jump at the start of this video? :confused:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wx9z6UucPFU

Sulland
27th December 2013, 22:31
every year the same stupid story... mentally handicapped people worrying about no snow and no ice months before the rally starts.... you guys failed physics in school or something ??? it only takes a week of so for snow and ice to form a nice layer on the stages...so please start worrying when the events gets closer.

I admit the world is changing, both the winters and the experts on it!
When we were with the kids in Austria a few years ago and they went ski shools, the instructors were all...... Brits and Danes!!! The typical ski instructor for you!!!!

And here we see a brit/ or greek person trying to learn the world on both winter and physics, and that is as it should be....

But just a few small examples to explain my point.
There will be many snowrallies in the Nordic countries that will be cancelled in the weeks to come. Why; slush conditions, and the club arranging it can not afford the repair of the smashed gravel roads. Rally Sweden is probably insured for that kind of slush-rally.

When I lived up north and drove snowmobiles and the snow came before the sub zero periode, we would be very wet and cold when crossing streams, rivers and lakes. Why, the snow acts like insulation towards the ground. It stops the water from freezing over for a long time.
We even used snow to showel it on the lower parts of the house, to make it warmer inside... A lot of air in dry snow.

So, for Rally Sweden that has jumped the saga of driving each stage two times, there is a huge difference of having 50-100 cm depth of hard-frozen ground under the snow/ice or just mud-slush. The first 3 cars will eat through the ice sole and down into the mud. Being number 77 on first run, or number 1 on run number 2 will be a challenge, especially in a 2wd car!
That is why it is important to have frost periode first, to avoid the mudhell it soon will become.

That physics lesson might seem strange, but is based on 50 seasons of more or less good winter. Some of these winter have been spent on learning UKs finest soldiers how to survive in winter conditions. Some times scaring them and the US Marines with scary stories of the exremely dangerous SnowSnake crwling the Norwegian snow banks during night night..... :D :D

So lets hope for a few cold weeks soon!

N.O.T
27th December 2013, 22:54
blah blah blah and more pointless blah blah each and every year... just like the 4 year olds like to hear the same story before going to bed.

Rallyper
27th December 2013, 23:33
N.O.T. - you should listen to Sulland whhat he tries to say:

Like the innuites have over 20 different words for snow of different kinds, there are maybe 20 ways of having the surface of a gravel winter road. Some of them are not good, as Sulland says. Even there is one meter snowbanks beside the roads.

Best way is frosty weather for a period then snow that will be packed by wheels from many vehicels. Then a period of temperature above zero, so that the packed snow can transform to ice, with following zerodegrees.

Now you have the surface saved and also preservable for warm weather for a couple of days (depending on humidity in the air).

After that just wait for more snow and the snowbanks will appear...

At the moment, no matter what, none of the above has appeared, six weeks before RS.

Sulland
28th December 2013, 00:18
blah blah blah and more pointless blah blah each and every year... just like the 4 year olds like to hear the same story before going to bed.

They dont get much cuter than this do they, I have missed you NOT!

Fly_Half
28th December 2013, 00:26
We hope to be returning to Sweden again, pray for snow!

SubaruNorway
28th December 2013, 11:15

It's at spectator point 4 at Fredriksberg just walk 300m to the right if you are coming down from the north, didn't try the road coming from the south. Just before what looks like a 90 degree left on the map. It specified if it's road parking or parking spaces in the magazine this year btw

BleAivano
28th December 2013, 11:33
The warm weather is expected to continue according to this article.
http://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/article18084601.ab

However long term forecasts usually aren't that reliable.

Snow depth map:
http://www.smhi.se/vadret/vadret-i-sverige/snodjup

Simorally86
28th December 2013, 13:35

It's at spectator point 4 at Fredriksberg just walk 300m to the right if you are coming down from the north, didn't try the road coming from the south. Just before what looks like a 90 degree left on the map. It specified if it's road parking or parking spaces in the magazine this year btw

Thank you very much!
On the website of the rally i can see only the overall map....to see the single stage map, have i to buy the Rally Magazine?
Because i drawn all the stages on Google maps, but i can't see spectator points, parking etc......

BleAivano
28th December 2013, 14:14
Thank you very much!
On the website of the rally i can see only the overall map....to see the single stage map, have i to buy the Rally Magazine?
Because i drawn all the stages on Google maps, but i can't see spectator points, parking etc......

If I remember it correctly some stage info will be published on the website as well
but the info is not as detailed as the info in the rally magazine.

SubaruNorway
28th December 2013, 16:32

Thank you very much!

The jump is where you have two squares (houses) in the middle of the picture, lake on the other side of the road. Or just at the road coming from the south.
http://www.raceinfo.no/temp/tn_Skjermbilde%202013-12-28%20kl.%2016.29.22.jpg

Astro83
28th December 2013, 16:52
NOT, are you a fucking retard or something??

Are you following the wether here in sweden every day, year after year?

You cant be so old with this stupid comments. We have no snow at all in the middle of sweden. Its a temp over +5 degrees and rain and it will be like this for at least to the middle of januari!!

It needs to be wet and then cold for a long time with much snow to have good snow roads, if not, after 5 wrc cars, its all gravel...
This is like early 90's when Rally Sweden was driven on gravel...

I hope it turns but it not looks like that.

So you can crawl back to the stone you came from, stupid fuck.

N.O.T
28th December 2013, 16:56
so much anger over the weather... LOL.

Franky
28th December 2013, 17:43
Do not worry guys, proper snow arrives to Rally Sweden stages on the second week of January

The weatherman has spoken. Now shush

Fast Eddie WRC
1st January 2014, 22:16
Fredrik Gustavsson ?

In Råda where @RallySweden shakedown is run, it has finally started to snow a bit tonight. Continue and stay please!

BleAivano
3rd January 2014, 11:35
the weather forecast for Hagfors the nearest week and half:

Friday-Saturday this week, +3-5 C and some rain.
Sunday 0- + 2C no rain.
Maybe some snow on Monday evening.
Tuesday-Wednesday +5 - +6 C and partially rainy,
Thursday around 0 degrees and no rain/snow
Friday +3 C and snow in the AM with mixed snow/rain in the PM and +1 C
Saturday cold (-7 C) during the Am but +3 C and snow in the PM
Sunday around 0 degrees and no snow/rain.

stefanvv
3rd January 2014, 12:07
Why VW were testing on snow? Are they stupid?

Mihai
3rd January 2014, 12:54
Why VW were testing on snow? Are they stupid?

I believe Rally Sweden will be run on snow or it won't be run at all this year. Enough motivation for VW to test on snow.

Astro83
3rd January 2014, 13:16
What will happend if the stages would be 100% gravel and no ice or snow?

I have never seen that. Will they cancelled the rally or will they drive as a gravel rally??
If they cant move the stages further north??

Rallyper
3rd January 2014, 13:19
The stages could be 100% frozen gravel. No problem with that, except from tyres... It has happened before, for example I remember 1988 practically no snow and only frozen gravel on most of the stages south of Hagfors...

Juha_Koo
3rd January 2014, 13:36
What will happend if the stages would be 100% gravel and no ice or snow?

I have never seen that. Will they cancelled the rally or will they drive as a gravel rally??
If they cant move the stages further north??

The moving of the stages further north is impossible now... Only a month to the start, impossible to do such big changes (roadbooks, safety plans, all legal permits, etc.etc. would have to be changed).

If there is no snow or ice, situation is really difficult. I think in that situation the question that will the rally be driven or not is based on calculations which will cost them more: cancelling the entire event or fixing the completely destroyed roads... This ofcourse doesn't take account what teams, tyre suppliers, etc. would do under difficult conditions.

Rallyper
3rd January 2014, 16:50
Frozen gravelroads are of course challenging, but if they are really frozen down to, say, 20-30 cm the chance of having "icy" gravel surface is big. And less hard for the tyres. But again tyres will suffer a lot anyway.

BleAivano
3rd January 2014, 18:07
Pontus Tidemand have secured a seat at M-sport for Rally Sweden.

Kielder
3rd January 2014, 18:29
Craig Breen is on the entry list driving a Fiesta RS WRC.

pantealex
3rd January 2014, 19:37
and with WRC spec

BOZIANracing
3rd January 2014, 19:45
Craig Breen is on the entry list driving a Fiesta RS WRC.
Possibly his father's car, they rent it out under the Keltech Motorsport name. Interesting that Peugeot let him do this

Rallyper
3rd January 2014, 21:39
and with WRC spec

Does it mean PT will have almost same specs as the "factory cars"? Remembering PG last year and also other drivers renting cars with kind of low-performance mood compared to factory drivers...

Edit: PT says in swedish TV that he´ll get a Fiesta with latest specs... :bounce:

Juha_Koo
4th January 2014, 00:53
Craig Breen will be codriven by Scott Martin.

Does it mean PT will have almost same specs as the "factory cars"? Remembering PG last year and also other drivers renting cars with kind of low-performance mood compared to factory drivers...

Edit: PT says in swedish TV that he´ll get a Fiesta with latest specs... :bounce:

Well, he didn't do so bad last year with privately owned Fiesta WRC... On every SS (except first SSS) lost clearly under a sec per kilometre, on three stages even under 0,5 sec/km to the fastest driver. Shame that the engine blew in Sågen.

BleAivano
5th January 2014, 18:17
judging by the latest forecasts the warm weather will continue for another couple of days until
its gets colder for the weekend. Possible some 10cm of snow in total on Friday and Monday.

after the weekend it might get a bit warmer again but the forecasts for so many days ahead is usually quite unreliable.

danon
5th January 2014, 22:42
The evolution of rallying - "Weather is not an obstacle" http://imageshack.us/a/img585/3001/nxi.gif

http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/5848/4ts5.jpg

Hartusvuori
7th January 2014, 14:21
WRC entries so far:

VW: Ogier, Latvala, Mikkelsen
Citroen: Östberg, Meeke, Al Qassimi
Ford: Hirvonen, Evans, Kubica, Tänak, Prokop, Tidemand, Breen, H. Solberg, Solowow
Hyundai: Neuville, Hänninen

kolin
7th January 2014, 15:05
17 WRC cars. This is a very good thing. Breen, Tanak, Tidemand this trio is interesting to observe

Hartusvuori
7th January 2014, 15:14
17 WRC cars. This is a very good thing. Breen, Tanak, Tidemand this trio is interesting to observe

I don't think it's all there just yet. Expecting comfirmation for Mini rumours.

Andre Oliveira
7th January 2014, 16:26
Eyvind Brynildsen with DS3 RRC

Kalm
7th January 2014, 16:46
hoping to see a nice battle between him and Ketomaa

Hartusvuori
7th January 2014, 17:10
Åhlin in Fiesta R5. News or rumours on Twitter that only 43 entries in total.

Andre Oliveira
7th January 2014, 17:12
Till now, from 43 entries: http://www.rallysweden.com/en/tavlingen/anmalda/

17 WRC:
Ogier, Sébastien - Ingrassia, Julien Volkswagen Polo R WRC
Latvala, Jari-Matti - Anttila, Miikka Volkswagen Polo R WRC
Meeke, Kris - Nagle, Paul Citroën DS3 WRC
Ostberg, Mads - Andersson, Jonas Citroën DS3 WRC
Hirvonen, Mikko - Lehtinen, Jarmo Ford Fiesta RS WRC
Evans, Elfyn - Barritt, Daniel Ford Fiesta RS WRC
Neuville, Thierry - Gilsoul, Nicolas Hyundai i20 WRC
Hänninen, Juho - Tuominen, Tomi Hyundai i20 WRC
Kubica, Robert - Szczepaniak, Maciej Ford Fiesta RS WRC
Mikkelsen, Andreas - Markkula, Mikko Volkswagen Polo R WRC
Prokop, Martin - Ernst, Michal Ford Fiesta RS WRC
Solberg, Henning - Minor-Petrasko, Ilka Ford Fiesta RS WRC
Tänak, Ott - Mölder, Raigo Ford Fiesta RS WRC
Tidemand, Pontus - Floene, Ola Ford Fiesta RS WRC
Solowow, Michal - Baran, Maciej Ford Fiesta RS WRC
Breen, Craig - Martin, Scott Ford Fiesta RS WRC
Al-Qassimi, Khalid - Patterson, Chris Citroën DS3 WRC

3 RRC:
Brynildsen, Eyvind - Fredriksson, Anders Citroën DS3 RRC
Al-Rajhi, Yazeed - Orr, Michael Ford Fiesta RRC
Gorban, Valeriy - Korsia, Volodymyr Mini Cooper S2000 1.6T

7 R5:
Sohlberg, Kristian - Flythström, Peter Ford Fiesta R5
Bertelli, Lorenzo - Dotta, Mitia Ford Fiesta R5
Protasov, Yuriy - Cherepin, Pavlo Ford Fiesta R5
Åhlin, Fredrik - Abrahamsen, Morten Erik Ford Fiesta R5
Ketomaa, Jari - Lindström, Kaj Ford Fiesta R5
Sääv, Per-Arne Ford Fiesta R5
Serderidis, Jourdan - Rose, Morgane Ford Fiesta R5

1 S2000:
Kruuda, Karl - Järveoja, Martin Ford Fiesta S2000

Sulland
7th January 2014, 20:22
Eyvind Brynildsen with DS3 RRC

He is keeping his word on "not Fiesta R5 for a looong while"!!
Will be interessting to see how well he masters the DS3. Not sure if this is an Adapta run DS3, or from somebody else.

pantealex
7th January 2014, 21:35
Till now, from 43 entries: http://www.rallysweden.com/en/tavlingen/anmalda/

17 WRC:
Ogier, Sébastien - Ingrassia, Julien Volkswagen Polo R WRC
Latvala, Jari-Matti - Anttila, Miikka Volkswagen Polo R WRC
Meeke, Kris - Nagle, Paul Citroën DS3 WRC
Ostberg, Mads - Andersson, Jonas Citroën DS3 WRC
Hirvonen, Mikko - Lehtinen, Jarmo Ford Fiesta RS WRC
Evans, Elfyn - Barritt, Daniel Ford Fiesta RS WRC
Neuville, Thierry - Gilsoul, Nicolas Hyundai i20 WRC
Hänninen, Juho - Tuominen, Tomi Hyundai i20 WRC
Kubica, Robert - Szczepaniak, Maciej Ford Fiesta RS WRC
Mikkelsen, Andreas - Markkula, Mikko Volkswagen Polo R WRC
Prokop, Martin - Ernst, Michal Ford Fiesta RS WRC
Solberg, Henning - Minor-Petrasko, Ilka Ford Fiesta RS WRC
Tänak, Ott - Mölder, Raigo Ford Fiesta RS WRC
Tidemand, Pontus - Floene, Ola Ford Fiesta RS WRC
Solowow, Michal - Baran, Maciej Ford Fiesta RS WRC
Breen, Craig - Martin, Scott Ford Fiesta RS WRC
Al-Qassimi, Khalid - Patterson, Chris Citroën DS3 WRC

3 RRC:
Brynildsen, Eyvind - Fredriksson, Anders Citroën DS3 RRC
Al-Rajhi, Yazeed - Orr, Michael Ford Fiesta RRC
Gorban, Valeriy - Korsia, Volodymyr Mini Cooper S2000 1.6T

7 R5:
Sohlberg, Kristian - Flythström, Peter Ford Fiesta R5
Bertelli, Lorenzo - Dotta, Mitia Ford Fiesta R5
Protasov, Yuriy - Cherepin, Pavlo Ford Fiesta R5
Åhlin, Fredrik - Abrahamsen, Morten Erik Ford Fiesta R5
Ketomaa, Jari - Lindström, Kaj Ford Fiesta R5
Sääv, Per-Arne Ford Fiesta R5
Serderidis, Jourdan - Rose, Morgane Ford Fiesta R5

1 S2000:
Kruuda, Karl - Järveoja, Martin Ford Fiesta S2000
Frisiero, Fabio - Scattolin, Simone Peugeot 207 (S2000 ?)

306 Cosworth
7th January 2014, 22:17
Wonder why Kruuda is using a Fiesta S2000 instea of the R5 he used last year?

Andre Oliveira
7th January 2014, 22:36
He used S2000 after R5 too

Fast Eddie WRC
7th January 2014, 22:58
17 WRC cars. This is a very good thing.

More than half of which are Fiesta's ... thanks to M-Sport.

EightGear
7th January 2014, 23:12

What point are you trying to make?

306 Cosworth
8th January 2014, 00:16

Good job they're the only ones actually willing to sell/hire out their cars!

pantealex
8th January 2014, 14:12

He started with Markko Märtin´s team car last year and drove in autumn Printsport´s S2000, this year he is driving for Printsport.fi they have 3 S2000 and 1 R5

BleAivano
8th January 2014, 14:28
Swedish equivalent of BBC (SVT) will show some stages from this years Rally Sweden as well as daily "After Rally programs".

http://www.svt.se/sport/sa-sander-svt-f ... ska-rallyt (http://www.svt.se/sport/sa-sander-svt-fran-svenska-rallyt)

jbmarcus21
10th January 2014, 18:28
Google Earth Map Rally Sweden is out http://planetemarcus.com/saison-wrc/wrc ... uede-2014/ (http://planetemarcus.com/saison-wrc/wrc-rallye-suede-2014/)

BleAivano
11th January 2014, 09:43
it's been snowing over Sweden tonight. It's not that much snow yet, only a few centimetres but the
snowing is expected to continue during the day.

BleAivano
11th January 2014, 22:15
I made a visit to Karlstad today, not much snow on the ground there, maybe 3-5cm at the most.

Rallyper
12th January 2014, 00:22
I made a visit to Karlstad today, not much snow on the ground there, maybe 3-5cm at the most.

But minus degrees which is most important...

Allar
13th January 2014, 15:03
relationship with MM-motorsport is not good. So he pays Printsport for drive now.

Astro83
13th January 2014, 22:57
On saturday you all need to follow the swedish rally championship winter sprint in Umeå.

It will be live broadcast on svtplay.se

Petter Solberg vill drive his Citroen C4 wrc and Thomas Rådström will drive Petters Xara wrc! Among other cars. Sadly, this sprint will not include all of the top drivers in Sweden.

http://www.svt.se/sport/sm-veckan/play- ... kan-i-umea (http://www.svt.se/sport/sm-veckan/play-sandningarna-fran-sm-veckan-i-umea)

Lördag = Saturday

Kval = qualify

As you also see, there will be some rallycross live to! ;) A good day for rallyfans! :)

BleAivano
14th January 2014, 00:58
On saturday you all need to follow the swedish rally championship winter sprint in Umeå.

Petter Solberg vill drive his Citroen C4 wrc and Thomas Rådström will drive Petters Xara wrc! Among other cars. Sadly, this sprint will not include all of the top drivers in Sweden.

http://www.svt.se/sport/sm-veckan/play- ... kan-i-umea (http://www.svt.se/sport/sm-veckan/play-sandningarna-fran-sm-veckan-i-umea)

Lördag = Saturday

Kval = qualify

As you also see, there will be some rallycross live to! ;) A good day for rallyfans! :)

It has been mentioned in the proper thread: viewtopic.php?f=133&t=157259&start=80 (http://www.motorsportforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=133&t=157259&start=80) ;) :p

Hartusvuori
14th January 2014, 06:51

Lördag = Saturday

Kval = qualify

That's in Umeå? OK, that's on the other side of the gulf for me, but there are good connections, only few hours travel :-) However, on Saturday I'll be in F-Cup Riihimäki.

tolis
14th January 2014, 15:50
Entry list: http://www.rallysweden.com/wp-content/u ... t-2014.pdf (http://www.rallysweden.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Rally-Sweden-Entry-List-2014.pdf)

Andre Oliveira
14th January 2014, 15:58
Brynldsen with DS3 WRC instead RRC.

RICARDO75
14th January 2014, 16:44
Kristian Sohlberg not scoring on WRC-2!

Hartusvuori
14th January 2014, 18:30
[quote="RICARDO75"]Kristian Sohlberg not scoring on WRC-2![/quot

It's been said he has two events comfirmed now (other being Finland, I think), so WRC2 season is not in his plans.

mousti
14th January 2014, 19:27
relationship with MM-motorsport is not good. So he pays Printsport for drive now.
Seems that Karl said he would use Fiesta S2000 from Printsport and R5 from another team.. :confused:

Fast Eddie WRC
14th January 2014, 19:57
Good news !! Snow in Sweden today ! This is Råda, where @RallySweden Shakedown will take place:

pic.twitter.com/S9Quep1pzC

:)

pantealex
14th January 2014, 20:36
Seems that Karl said he would use Fiesta S2000 from Printsport and R5 from another team.. :confused:

Printsport has R5 too and he drives all Finnish Championship events with them.

BleAivano
14th January 2014, 21:12
currently there are about 5cm of snow at Lesjöfors, Sågen have about 15cm.
There is no data for Fredriksberg but I would guess that it's similar to Sågen.

http://www.smhi.se/klimatdata/meteorolo ... ervationer (http://www.smhi.se/klimatdata/meteorologi/sno/snodjupsobservationer)

Fast Eddie WRC
14th January 2014, 21:18
Looks a fair covering there:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bd9L8FNCIAAgHAQ.jpg

Hope we get some for the Monte first though ! :lips:

mousti
15th January 2014, 19:57

Printsport has R5 too and he drives all Finnish Championship events with them.[/quote]
So that's not right then? http://www.ohtuleht.ee/560549/ka-teine- ... rc2-sarjas (http://www.ohtuleht.ee/560549/ka-teine-eestlane-hakkab-soitma-wrc2-sarjas)

pantealex
15th January 2014, 21:39

Printsport has R5 too and he drives all Finnish Championship events with them.
So that's not right then? http://www.ohtuleht.ee/560549/ka-teine- ... rc2-sarjas (http://www.ohtuleht.ee/560549/ka-teine-eestlane-hakkab-soitma-wrc2-sarjas)[/quote]

I don´t know which R5 he is gonna use. I just wrote that Printsport has R5 (and 3 S2000)

Astro83
17th January 2014, 22:47
No Brynildsen for rally sweden!

The deal with Loeb for a DS3 WRC did not work!

http://www.nrk.no/ostfold/ingen-citroen ... 1.11478273 (http://www.nrk.no/ostfold/ingen-citroen-avtale-for-brynildsen-1.11478273)

Sad for Rally Sweden...

Sulland
18th January 2014, 17:39
Brynildsen is in 14 taking a sabbatical. He had to take over the family asphalt business when his father became seriously ill, and had to priorytize differently to what himself wanted for a periode.

This is a very grown up and responsible young man we are talking about. Hopefully he will be able to come back in WRC, maybe he will use his evo 9 in the Norwegian championship!

mousti
19th January 2014, 20:45
A good warmup video with Seb I in trouble! Filmed by Belgian rallypilot and photographer Stéphane Lhonnay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Owi94QTqVWw

satukata
21st January 2014, 17:39
Weather looks good!

Snow 15-25cm allready and more comeing http://www.smhi.se/vadret/vadret-i-sverige/snodjup

N.O.T
21st January 2014, 19:19
of course it looks good... but every year the same retards are getting nervous about it 3 months before the event... every single year... useless doggies.

BleAivano
21st January 2014, 20:38
of course it looks good... but every year the same retards are getting nervous about it 3 months before the event... every single year... useless doggies.

Well it looked bad until two weeks ago after an unusually warm autumn (warmest in 50 years) and December.
I also would not say that it looks good. It looks decent but not good.
Some 20cm in the area but the weather have been to cold which means that the snow will be to
soft and and not that much ice.
If the snow is too soft (powder snow) it won't be adhesive and it will be difficult to pack it.

To make the conditions good allot more snow is needed.

dimviii
21st January 2014, 22:20
Colin Clark ?@voiceofrally 11 ????
Just noticed that Michal Solowow’s codriver for @RallySweden is Maciek Baran! I thought he didn’t want to do it anymore! :disturb:

Fly_Half
21st January 2014, 22:47
Does anyone know of any relatively cheap accommodation in the Rally area? We stayed at Grasmarksgarden last year but I think they're booked up. Something similar to that would be good.

Cheers,

Rhod

Astro83
22nd January 2014, 07:44
Does anyone know of any relatively cheap accommodation in the Rally area? We stayed at Grasmarksgarden last year but I think they're booked up. Something similar to that would be good.

Cheers,

Rhod

http://www.svenskaturistforeningen.se/u ... -Karlstad/ (http://www.svenskaturistforeningen.se/upptack/Omraden/Varmland/Vandrarhem/STF-Vandrarhem-Karlstad/)

This one is real good and cheap! In central of Karlstad more or less!
Try this, I'm very pleased with this accommodation!

Juha_Koo
22nd January 2014, 08:22
Colin Clark ?@voiceofrally 11 ????
Just noticed that Michal Solowow’s codriver for @RallySweden is Maciek Baran! I thought he didn’t want to do it anymore! :disturb:

If I remember correctly, Maciek said that he can't devote himself to any complete season, so I thought that one-offs are possible.

MarkFoster
22nd January 2014, 21:24
Hi - New to the forum and visiting Rally Sweden for the first time, so I have lots of questions!

Any advice for a newbie on what to wear and also feedback on the rally bus service which I was considering using rather than car hire?

I am arriving in Karlstad on the Wednesday, are the evenings super special and the days shakedown worth getting along to? Does the standard rally pack get me into these events?

Main day of spectating will be the thurrsday so any advice an where best to spectate from would be welcome.

Thanks

BleAivano
22nd January 2014, 23:47
Hi - New to the forum and visiting Rally Sweden for the first time, so I have lots of questions!

Any advice for a newbie on what to wear and also feedback on the rally bus service which I was considering using rather than car hire?

I am arriving in Karlstad on the Wednesday, are the evenings super special and the days shakedown worth getting along to? Does the standard rally pack get me into these events?

Main day of spectating will be the thurrsday so any advice an where best to spectate from would be welcome.

Thanks

Dress in layers.

Thermo underwear first then fleece and then some sort of breathing gore tex or similar.
Warm boots with warm socks (https://www.google.se/search?q=raggsockor&safe=off&hl=sv&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=v0ngUuvYHcPRywOCjIDQDA&ved=0CEgQsAQ&biw=1920&bih=833) over the regular socks. Then proper gloves and warm mössa (https://www.google.se/search?q=raggsockor&safe=off&hl=sv&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=v0ngUuvYHcPRywOCjIDQDA&ved=0CEgQsAQ&biw=1920&bih=833#hl=sv&q=m%C3%B6ssa&safe=off&tbm=isch) (hat).
Also try to bring something hot to drink like coffee, hot chocolate or rose hip soup. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rose_hip_soup)

The super special at the horse race track is pretty boring imo and not worth paying extra for,
However if already are in Karlstad and you have some sort of Rally pass which gives you access
for no extra cost then it's probably better then just sitting at the hotel room.

Rallyper
23rd January 2014, 00:12

Thanks

Dress in layers.

Thermo underwear first then fleece and then some sort of breathing gore tex or similar.
Warm boots with warm socks (https://www.google.se/search?q=raggsockor&safe=off&hl=sv&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=v0ngUuvYHcPRywOCjIDQDA&ved=0CEgQsAQ&biw=1920&bih=833) over the regular socks. Then proper gloves and warm mössa (https://www.google.se/search?q=raggsockor&safe=off&hl=sv&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=v0ngUuvYHcPRywOCjIDQDA&ved=0CEgQsAQ&biw=1920&bih=833#hl=sv&q=m%C3%B6ssa&safe=off&tbm=isch) (hat).
Also try to bring something hot to drink like coffee, hot chocolate or rose hip soup. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rose_hip_soup)

The super special at the horse race track is pretty boring imo and not worth paying extra for,
However if already are in Karlstad and you have some sort of Rally pass which gives you access
for no extra cost then it's probably better then just sitting at the hotel room.

I would also recommend hot chocolate with some Stroh rom (https://www.google.se/search?q=stroh+ro ... 2&ie=UTF-8 (https://www.google.se/search?q=stroh+rom&rlz=1C1VEAH_enSE558SE558&oq=SWtraw+rom&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0l5.7697j0j8&sourceid=chrome&espv=210&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8)) on the stages if temperature goes below -10 C degrees... :cool:

Fast Eddie WRC
23rd January 2014, 14:39
This is from his website, but is there any more info how and why this chance for Breen came about ??

'Breen to make WRC Car debut at Rally Sweden

European Rally Championship title contender and SWRC World Champion 2012, Craig Breen will make his WRC car debut in a Ford Fiesta WRC in Rally Sweden on 5th-8th February.

23 year old Irish Peugeot Rally Academy driver finished 2013 third in the ERC series and is aiming to win the European title this year with the new Peugeot 208 T16. The new car will be homologated in March. Seeing the uniqueness of this opportunity, Peugeot Sport have very kindly given Craig the chance to make his debut at Rallyings highest level. “Firstly I am very grateful to Peugeot Sport for allowing me to take this opportunity to participate in Rally Sweden.

We are purely focused on the ERC this year, and the much anticipated debut of the 208 T16 in March. However, it goes without saying that a chance to drive in the WRC is something that we couldnt turn down. This opportunity is something that I have dreamed of obtaining since I was a young boy, so to finally have my chance is something I am really excited about. This year will also see the introduction of a new co- driver for me in the form of Scott Martin. Scott and I have already tested together, and we are anxiously awaiting the start of our Peugeot Rally Academy program”. '

peg306
23rd January 2014, 17:32
Did someone mention already that Stig Blomqvist will run in the historic category with an Audi Quattro to celebrate that it's 30 years since he became world champion?
http://www.svt.se/nyheter/regionalt/var ... n-historic (http://www.svt.se/nyheter/regionalt/varmlandsnytt/blomqvist-kor-rally-sweden-historic)

skarderud
24th January 2014, 12:49
Clothing is special for below -10 degrees.

always wool close to body, nothing else works. The classic mistake people use to do is thick jacket and pants, but bad shoes, thin gloves and no hat.
70% of your bodyheat disapears thru the head.
you dont need realy thick boots, but you need big enough shoes to put woolsocks + thick woolsocks + a wool insole in the shoes. If you have to low shoes you will get snow into your shoes, wet is cold! If you start to be wet on your feet, because of warm car fxs, you will be cold too. Change shoes when you park the car. When you are at stage, bring something to stay on, eg couple of newspapers, styrofoam or this plates to sit on. That will isolate good from the ground.
Use real thick gloves, big enough to use a thin fleece/wool glove inside and still place to insulating air.
a good beanie is obsolete!
Dont put so much clothes on that you become wet when you move, you hardly never freeze on the body when feets, hands and head is warm:) a firewood is nice too! And, just idiots became drunk in cold weather!

rallyfiend
24th January 2014, 12:53
This is from his website, but is there any more info how and why this chance for Breen came about ??

'Breen to make WRC Car debut at Rally Sweden

European Rally Championship title contender and SWRC World Champion 2012, Craig Breen will make his WRC car debut in a Ford Fiesta WRC in Rally Sweden on 5th-8th February.

23 year old Irish Peugeot Rally Academy driver finished 2013 third in the ERC series and is aiming to win the European title this year with the new Peugeot 208 T16. The new car will be homologated in March. Seeing the uniqueness of this opportunity, Peugeot Sport have very kindly given Craig the chance to make his debut at Rallyings highest level. “Firstly I am very grateful to Peugeot Sport for allowing me to take this opportunity to participate in Rally Sweden.

We are purely focused on the ERC this year, and the much anticipated debut of the 208 T16 in March. However, it goes without saying that a chance to drive in the WRC is something that we couldnt turn down. This opportunity is something that I have dreamed of obtaining since I was a young boy, so to finally have my chance is something I am really excited about. This year will also see the introduction of a new co- driver for me in the form of Scott Martin. Scott and I have already tested together, and we are anxiously awaiting the start of our Peugeot Rally Academy program”. '

Just like in ERC, his old man is paying the bills.

It's his Dad's WRC car.

Fast Eddie WRC
24th January 2014, 14:19
Just like in ERC, his old man is paying the bills.

It's his Dad's WRC car.

Breen's dad's car ? So who normally drives it ?

rallyfiend
24th January 2014, 14:25
Whoever pays.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Keltech- ... 7943074867 (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Keltech-Motorsport/1404797943074867)

Fast Eddie WRC
24th January 2014, 14:57
Craig Breen (@Craig_Breen) tweeted at 1:17 PM on Fri, Jan 24, 2014:

My first taste of a WRC car here in Lapland... A dream come true! #wrc

pic.twitter.com/4Bsxg14v9w

BleAivano
24th January 2014, 15:22
Craig Breen (@Craig_Breen) tweeted at 1:17 PM on Fri, Jan 24, 2014:

My first taste of a WRC car here in Lapland... A dream come true! #wrc

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bev2J33IUAACr74.jpg

There fixed it.

makinen_fan
24th January 2014, 15:56
Really nice that he still pays tribute to Gareth!
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bev3e_OIgAAqUyy.jpg

Fast Eddie WRC
24th January 2014, 16:26
Breen in action !

pic.twitter.com/K9cSH1GFS3

BleAivano
24th January 2014, 18:29
Breen in action !

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BewLQhQIIAAmAmM.jpg

Fast Eddie WRC
24th January 2014, 22:19
Whoever pays.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Keltech- ... 7943074867 (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Keltech-Motorsport/1404797943074867)

So I see.. same car and near identical livery as previously driven by Ludo Gherardi in French Cup..

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/s403x403/602810_1428727150681946_730686285_n.jpg

I wonder why Breen chose to do Rally Sweden though ? Was it just that the car was available & not booked for something else... ?

Rallyper
25th January 2014, 09:47
Mountain rally in Norway (www.mrally.no (http://www.mrally.no)) where Tidemand after three stages leads over Ostberg by 30 secs... Tricky conditions or what? Mads first on the road...

Astro83
25th January 2014, 10:17
Mountain rally in Norway (http://www.mrally.no) where Tidemand after three stages leads over Ostberg by 30 secs... Tricky conditions or what? Mads first on the road...

Yes, that's real good for what to come but we will see after the service. Pontus is bloody fast but I think Östberg lost alot of time first on the road as they always do.

skarderud
25th January 2014, 10:24
Pontus said right now on rallyradio that he use the narrow tire because he want as much speed as possible for the high speed experience before sweden. He also have a old spec fiesta, so i have aprox 50hp less than mads. So under any circumstances they cant put anything into theire times he said:)

Rallyper
25th January 2014, 11:29
Yes, Mads maybe in a test/experience mood after RMC. Mikkelsen on Rallyradio visiting Mountain rally. www.radiomotor.no (http://www.radiomotor.no)

Rallyper
25th January 2014, 11:58
Pontus now 44 secs faster than Mads on SS4. Very much snow, Mads testing RS tyres and Pontus having more proper tyres for these conditions. MAds saying it´s so much snow.

Simmi
25th January 2014, 13:20
Seems like he's getting a big advantage from the tyres. But definitely some confidence ahead of Sweden.

Astro83
25th January 2014, 16:34
Yea, the tires got him the advantage but he show some good speed wich is nice now before Rally Sweden and for the rest of the season in WRC 2.

Cant wait for it to be the 5th so I can go to Rally Sweden!

tobbe3
26th January 2014, 19:34
Does anyone know were at Torntorp this is? Exactely

Would be very thankful for replys

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zn1RU6trt_g

SubaruNorway
26th January 2014, 20:05
Does anyone know were at Torntorp this is? Exactely

Would be very thankful for replys

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zn1RU6trt_g

Just before the junction at the middle of the stage, better spots if you go the other direction with fast wide corners and combinations

Astro83
27th January 2014, 15:20
http://www.rallysweden.com/en/tavlingen/radio-tv/

SubaruNorway
27th January 2014, 23:47
The new stage Hara this year with Petter in 2006. Not the greatest stage really. Shame they took away Sågen and added Hara and Torsby instead as I'm pretty sure Torsby by the airport is not the best road to drive either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jytk_wGkcXk

tommeke_B
28th January 2014, 10:59
The new stage Hara this year with Petter in 2006. Not the greatest stage really. Shame they took away Sågen and added Hara and Torsby instead as I'm pretty sure Torsby by the airport is not the best road to drive either.

There's always something to complain about... :) If there is change, some people complain about it not being better or being worse in some aspects. If nothing changes, some people complain that nothing changes...

SubaruNorway
28th January 2014, 22:31

There's always something to complain about... :) If there is change, some people complain about it not being better or being worse in some aspects. If nothing changes, some people complain that nothing changes...

And if you don't state your opinion nothing will change ;)
Just sucks that they are taking away some of the classic good stages, Granberget/Likenäs, Sågen and even Midtanderfors had some really good sections i would have liked to have the chance to film :)

Fast Eddie WRC
28th January 2014, 22:38
Stages for live coverage on BT Sport in the UK.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BfF1xabCUAA55FZ.png

I assume other countries will have the same coverage (maybe more in Sweden)...

Rallyper
28th January 2014, 22:51
Colins Crest this very afternoon. And wolves reported on stages of RS!!

https://twitter.com/tess_land/status/42 ... 65/photo/1 (https://twitter.com/tess_land/status/428248673755992065/photo/1)

stefanvv
29th January 2014, 00:17
Colins Crest this very afternoon. And wolves reported on stages of RS!!

https://twitter.com/tess_land/status/42 ... 65/photo/1 (https://twitter.com/tess_land/status/428248673755992065/photo/1)
Nice.
Wolves? They have come out of Vargasen, didn't they? :)

Rallyper
29th January 2014, 11:14
SWEDEN PICKEM??? Someone? :confused: :confused: :confused:

dimviii
29th January 2014, 12:50
Gorban mini rrc
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t1/q75/s720x720/1622618_648476061880497_93479724_n.jpg

dimviii
29th January 2014, 13:02
N A LAST-MINUTE SWITCH BEFORE RALLY SWEDEN, MARTIN PROKOP HAS REUNITED WITH HIS FORMER CO-DRIVER JAN TOMANEK

http://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/january- ... 2-12-.html (http://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/january-2014/prokop-co-driver-switch/page/995--12-12-.html)

noel157
29th January 2014, 13:53
N A LAST-MINUTE SWITCH BEFORE RALLY SWEDEN, MARTIN PROKOP HAS REUNITED WITH HIS FORMER CO-DRIVER JAN TOMANEK

http://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/january- ... 2-12-.html (http://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/january-2014/prokop-co-driver-switch/page/995--12-12-.html)

Very diplomatic statements from all concerned.

Co-driven
29th January 2014, 16:46
Was there any special reason for that change of Prokop's co-driver?

Franky
29th January 2014, 20:35
And this is the livery of Ott Tänak (https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/t1/1798862_537316056367468_1772970899_n.jpg)

SubaruNorway
29th January 2014, 20:56
Does anybody know of any inboard of the Finnskogen stage from last year? They changed it from the middle section that year.

Criterium
29th January 2014, 23:13
To prepare your trip, or your "Internet watching", you can have a virtual ride in the stages thanks to RallyVista.
http://i56.servimg.com/u/f56/15/38/23/21/presrv15.jpg (http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=1065&u=15382321)

http://www.interactiveinfluence.com/techali/rallyvista/

Andre Oliveira
30th January 2014, 11:31
Barrable's car to Ahlin

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BfOCeIQCIAEiADF.jpg

Rallyper
30th January 2014, 12:41
Report from Media marshall RS: @ http://www.motorsportivarmland.nu at "Rallyforum" to the right:

Väg info till Svenska

Hej Rally vänner.

Jag har åkte delar av Lesjöfors, Rämmen och Värmullsåsen på Söndag

Lesjöfors åkte jag från mitten och ut till målet. Hade bra med snö, speciellt uppe på den "nyare delen av sträckan". Dock dåligt med is, på vägbanan, det har bara varit kalla grader sedan snön kom.

Rämmen åkte vi början av, tittade på publik plats 2 och tittade på publik plats 4? Det var mindre med snö än på Lesjöfors. Vägen var lika som på Lesjöfors.

Värmullsåsen åkte vi i sin helhet, utan slalombacken som spolades med vatten.
Det var ungefär lika mycket snö som på Rämmen, ingen is på vägen utom på dom sista 2 km innan målet. (slalom backen)

Tänk på om ni planerar för att besöka Värmullsåsen att det finns ett feltryck i Rally Magazinet, vägen som går upp till sträckan 3 km före mål är inte en publikväg, det är en ER (evacuation road) för ambulanser mm, ingen publik släpps upp på den vägen från Hagfors.
Detta har inget att göra med publikparkeringarna som finns runt slalombacken, dom är öppna som vanligt.

Sedan I Söndags har vi i Munkfors (30 km söder om Hagfors) fått ca 15 cm ny snö och ska få minst 10 cm ytterligare, så snö och snövallar kommer inte att fattas.

Hälsningar Magnus Säfström
Media Marshal Shake Down

the sniper
30th January 2014, 15:57
Probably the same comments in English on WRC.com:

Rally Sweden’s Clerk of the Course, Christina Lundqvist Viklund, gave wrc.com her verdict on this year’s conditions.

“After a mild start to the year, we have had a lot of snow in the last couple of weeks and all the stages are fully covered,” Lundqvist Viklund explained.

“There is some variation in the surface, however. The stages that are used as public roads are harder-packed because of the traffic, while the private roads have a softer surface.

“I’d say conditions are good for the competitors. This is a winter rally and we have cold temperatures, plenty of snow on the roads and snow banks. One thing we are missing this year is a thick layer of ice on the roads. For this to happen we need some warm weather to melt the snow a little, and then another cold spell to re-freeze it.”

With five days to go until the start of the rally reconnaissance, Lundqvist Viklund said the weather outlook was encouraging.

“A lot of snow fell on Tuesday (28 Jan) in Hagfors and Karlstad and although the forecast is changing daily there’s a good chance of more before the rally starts. We expect the temperature during the rally will be somewhere between zero and -10 degrees Celsius,” she added.

SubaruNorway
30th January 2014, 17:18
Not looking that great now, chance of rain even.
http://www.yr.no/sted/Sverige/Värmland/Hagfors/langtidsvarsel.html

The road that's not open at Värmullsåsen is the one coming in at what looks like a 90 right on the stage right?

Atob WRC
30th January 2014, 19:47
Any intermediate acces for the Torsby stage on Thursday?

If not, unique solution is go for the beginning of the stage, I think.

Our idea is to see there the first cars, and leave fast to Finnskogen stage. Also any idea of interessant spot there?

Regards!

BleAivano
30th January 2014, 21:04
Not looking that great now, chance of rain even.
http://www.yr.no/sted/Sverige/Värmland/Hagfors/langtidsvarsel.html

The road that's not open at Värmullsåsen is the one coming in at what looks like a 90 right on the stage right?

No Rain according to Smhi:
http://www.smhi.se/vadret/vadret-i-sver ... id=2709214 (http://www.smhi.se/vadret/vadret-i-sverige/land?pp=http://www.smhi.se/produktportal-1.0//hourByHourTable.do?geonameid=2709214)

Rallyper
30th January 2014, 21:23
Probably the same comments in English on WRC.com:

Rally Sweden’s Clerk of the Course, Christina Lundqvist Viklund, gave wrc.com her verdict on this year’s conditions.

“After a mild start to the year, we have had a lot of snow in the last couple of weeks and all the stages are fully covered,” Lundqvist Viklund explained.

“There is some variation in the surface, however. The stages that are used as public roads are harder-packed because of the traffic, while the private roads have a softer surface.

“I’d say conditions are good for the competitors. This is a winter rally and we have cold temperatures, plenty of snow on the roads and snow banks. One thing we are missing this year is a thick layer of ice on the roads. For this to happen we need some warm weather to melt the snow a little, and then another cold spell to re-freeze it.”

With five days to go until the start of the rally reconnaissance, Lundqvist Viklund said the weather outlook was encouraging.

“A lot of snow fell on Tuesday (28 Jan) in Hagfors and Karlstad and although the forecast is changing daily there’s a good chance of more before the rally starts. We expect the temperature during the rally will be somewhere between zero and -10 degrees Celsius,” she added.

No, not the same. My quote is more specific. Try Google translator in some way...

SubaruNorway
30th January 2014, 22:29
No snowbanks to hook on where Henning flipped the Fiesta on it's side a few years ago in Lesjöfors. https://twitter.com/ezo0n/status/428998 ... 84/photo/1 (https://twitter.com/ezo0n/status/428998828088233984/photo/1)

Rallyper
30th January 2014, 22:34
No snowbanks to hook on where Henning flipped the Fiesta on it's side a few years ago in Lesjöfors. https://twitter.com/ezo0n/status/428998 ... 84/photo/1 (https://twitter.com/ezo0n/status/428998828088233984/photo/1)

Without plowing there´s no snowbanks. Seems it will be needed to plow. Much snow on the road. And more snow to come in the region coming days...

BleAivano
31st January 2014, 02:46
A pic from the start of SS9:https://twitter.com/ezo0n/status/428969202179780608

That user has some more pics from other stages and the condition on those stages looked better.

tobbe3
31st January 2014, 14:58
We are probably going to enter the shakdown stage Råda from the finish line, does anyone know if there is any good places to be close to the end?

Has anyone been at the new Torsby stage, any recomendations?

Thanks

dimviii
31st January 2014, 18:25
Hyundai Sweden preview
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2tjh5w1u3g

SubaruNorway
31st January 2014, 21:05
Anyone able to make some inboard of the new Torsby stage in daylight? :) I think i will only be able to at night so not that easy to find good filming spots then.

Fast Eddie WRC
31st January 2014, 22:54
Nice to see The Bosse taking time to help the new boy in the snow...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BfVh-fRCcAAL4T2.jpg

car
1st February 2014, 20:03
again, Kubica showing incredible pace during testing...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1i-OEGqVZ0

BleAivano
2nd February 2014, 12:53
weather forecats for the nearest week says;

temperatures above 0 for the nearest 2 days, from Tuesday evening sub zero temps for Wednesday and Thursday.
From Friday temps will be around 0 degrees. Possible some snow on Friday morning,

http://www.smhi.se/vadret/vadret-i-sver ... id=2709214 (http://www.smhi.se/vadret/vadret-i-sverige/land/hourByHourTable.do;smhi_ppsessionid=ON9HEKbOac-YvRlHXVrd7B7J?starttime=2014-02-02%2012%3A00%3A00&endtime=2014-02-11%2022%3A59%3A00&geonameid=2709214)

Salist
2nd February 2014, 15:24
This isn't a good news. :-(

temperatures above 0 for the nearest 2 days, from Tuesday evening sub zero temps for Wednesday and Thursday.
From Friday temps will be around 0 degrees. Possible some snow on Friday morning,

http://www.smhi.se/vadret/vadret-i-sver ... id=2709214 (http://www.smhi.se/vadret/vadret-i-sverige/land/hourByHourTable.do;smhi_ppsessionid=ON9HEKbOac-YvRlHXVrd7B7J?starttime=2014-02-02%2012%3A00%3A00&endtime=2014-02-11%2022%3A59%3A00&geonameid=2709214)

Salist
2nd February 2014, 15:27
In the forest have a few snow:
https://scontent-a-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/t1/q81/s720x720/1551636_657583944283360_1561005266_n.jpg

Salist
2nd February 2014, 15:32
Fredrik Gustavsson photos from Rammen:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BfeW-s_IUAA6W5s.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BfeVumqIMAAYqVD.jpg

Salist
2nd February 2014, 15:37
Service Park now. Photo by @F_Gustavsson. Fredrik thanks a lot!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BfeUSg6CQAAH5jQ.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BfeUduuCIAEKfI_.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BfeUz_RCcAET6PU.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BfeVGddCYAEQLvC.jpg

BleAivano
2nd February 2014, 20:19
SVT weather forecasts for Monday -Friday:

http://www.svt.se/cachable_image/1391345151/svts/article1780589.svt/alternates/large/1.jpg

http://www.svt.se/cachable_image/1391345163/svts/article1780590.svt/alternates/large/2.jpg

http://www.svt.se/cachable_image/1391345166/svts/article1780591.svt/alternates/large/345.jpg

Hagfors is located at the top of the "3" and "0" above the large lake.

dimviii
2nd February 2014, 21:21
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/v/t34/s720x720/1781264_10202380681750167_1078499385_n.jpg?oh=4ed6 ebde034587b36ad51f72ceaf8bc7&oe=52F091D9&__gda__=1391490402_888b81dcfbb62c2f5914c69f3ce1a9c 8
https://scontent-b-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/t1/q71/s720x720/1545958_539136309518776_1726266723_n.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/t1/q72/s720x720/1609992_592724114140981_503470914_n.jpghttps://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bfe8wplIcAARNFA.jpg

dimviii
2nd February 2014, 21:24
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BfX95ojIYAA7Qtn.jpg

krismeeke.com ?@krismeeke 1 ???
For my 1st day on snow, my mechanics working hard to give me the perfect setup! ‘L’ plates included!

dimviii
2nd February 2014, 21:30
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bfd044RIAAA-vdZ.jpg

giù tutto!
2nd February 2014, 21:36
Strange, I thought that Sohlberg and Flythstrom were helping Nikara to build up career, but now they are participating to the rally and Nikara is sitting at home. I rather would like to see Nikara behind the wheel of that R5.

stefanvv
2nd February 2014, 21:43
Is that Blomqvist Quattro in the back?
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bfe8wplIcAARNFA.jpg

BleAivano
2nd February 2014, 21:48
Is that Blomqvist Quattro in the back?

Yes Blomqvist will drive a borrowed Audi Quattro in the historical class.

dimviii
2nd February 2014, 22:31
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bff9BSOIQAAnB9z.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bff8zVoIUAA_0Ch.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bff8hD3IMAAPLdx.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bff7kx2IEAAHWKe.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t1/q80/s720x720/1012272_787755041239247_111469546_n.jpg

dimviii
2nd February 2014, 22:37
:skull: :skull:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWWkGo3mShM

:skull: :skull:

bluuford
2nd February 2014, 22:41
Currently the weather looks very good for the rally. Surface was frozen and there is currently 0..+2 degrees.. that melts the upper layer and water flows to the colder deeper layer. By the recce there will be minus temperatures again and more snow. And during the rally it will be all the time between zero and + degrees.. so, looks interesting :-)

Andre Oliveira
2nd February 2014, 22:58
https://scontent-b-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/t1/q72/s720x720/1601185_10151844981181193_952034660_n.jpg

dimviii
2nd February 2014, 23:04
Fredrik Gustavsson twitter
ss18/22 Tortrop
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BffPcE6IQAA16x9.jpg
Good cover of ice under the snow on SS20/SS24 Värmullsåsen some kms from the stage end.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BffGLEKIQAELhAq.jpg
Conditions some kms from stage end on SS20 and SS24 Powerstage Värmullsåsen today.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BffFkKcIYAAiKvC.jpg
Start of SS11/SS15 Hagfors Sprint. Thick ice, they have watered this stage with water
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bfe3KPEIYAA6SNL.jpg
View over the last part of SS11/SS15 Hagfors Sprint today
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BfexAxsIYAAmKnT.jpg

COD
2nd February 2014, 23:37
Strange, I thought that Sohlberg and Flythstrom were helping Nikara to build up career, but now they are participating to the rally and Nikara is sitting at home. I rather would like to see Nikara behind the wheel of that R5.

Yes, that would at least lead to possibilites in driving professionally, a 35 year old will never become a professional ...Nikara is way way faster nowdays that Sohlberg

BleAivano
2nd February 2014, 23:44
Fredrik Gustavsson's video from the Shakedown stage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fqW_QLIWII

the sniper
3rd February 2014, 00:21
Yes, that would at least lead to possibilites in driving professionally, a 35 year old will never become a professional ...Nikara is way way faster nowdays that Sohlberg

Lucky Kris Meeke is only 34 then. ;) :p

COD
3rd February 2014, 02:06
This isn't a good news. :-(

Not bad at all, snow will melt a bit and pack as hard ice when sub zero temperatures are back. So in fact, good news as there is bound to be a layer of hard ice

giù tutto!
3rd February 2014, 06:58

Lucky Kris Meeke is only 34 then. ;) :p

Well, IMO Meeke has been pro for years, Sohlberg has been out of game for years.

dodge33cymru
3rd February 2014, 08:31
Hello all,

I have made a last-minute decision to go check out the first couple of days of Rally Sweden - I figure with 4 works teams this might be the best it gets at the sharp end for a little while - flights to Olso booked, hire car booked, will drive overnight on Tuesday to get to Rada by Wednesday morning. Figured I'd get the tickets when I got there, but I can find literally no information relating to the shakedown stage entry and ticketing details. Do I just need a stage/day pass as I would have for the other days? Or is it free or included in the Thursday price?

I've tried contacting the organisers to ask, but no reply as yet so I'm not entirely sure how much cash I need to bring.

Thanks for any info.

Sso
3rd February 2014, 08:38
Is there any onboards for Rämmen on youtube?

Rallyper
3rd February 2014, 09:24
Hello all,

I have made a last-minute decision to go check out the first couple of days of Rally Sweden - I figure with 4 works teams this might be the best it gets at the sharp end for a little while - flights to Olso booked, hire car booked, will drive overnight on Tuesday to get to Rada by Wednesday morning. Figured I'd get the tickets when I got there, but I can find literally no information relating to the shakedown stage entry and ticketing details. Do I just need a stage/day pass as I would have for the other days? Or is it free or included in the Thursday price?

I've tried contacting the organisers to ask, but no reply as yet so I'm not entirely sure how much cash I need to bring.

Thanks for any info.

I phoned the HQ 5 min ago and asked them. The rallypass is valid on all stages including shakedown. Yuo´d better stop and buy the pass and Rally Magazine on OKQ8 petrol stations on your way from Oslo to Råda. Depending on the route you choose, you can buy in Arvika, Årjäng, Sunne, Karlstad, Munkfors.

Enjoy your stay, mate!!

Priorat
3rd February 2014, 11:15
Do you know if the Rallypass can be bought in Norway, in Statoil petrol satations for instance?
Our intention is to drive from Oslo airport straight to Finnskogen.

Rallyper
3rd February 2014, 11:22
Tickets in Norway on following spots:

Statoil Flisa
Statoil Elverum
Esso, Kirkenær
Autoservice, Solør
Shell, Vinger Hotell
Statoil, Langeland
Statoil, Arkoveien
KNA Kongsvinger
Esso, Skotterud
Statoil, Skarnes
Esso, Vormsund
Statoil E6, Berger
Statoil, Kjeller
Statoil E6, Furuset

(Copied from website)

Priorat
3rd February 2014, 11:30
Thanks for your fast answer. Had not seen this in the website.

Rallyper
3rd February 2014, 12:08
Thanks for your fast answer. Had not seen this in the website.

No problem. Glad to help. Have a god stay! :)

dimviii
3rd February 2014, 12:39
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BfiqrEwIYAA0Q0w.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BfiqSZGIQAAL1aZ.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BfipH0aIcAAV4xD.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BfipsdlIQAAI6yn.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BfihoLpIgAAeB8Z.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BfifoaoIUAAI29K.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bfig3XqIIAAvi1d.jpg

BleAivano
3rd February 2014, 13:28
Kirkenaer stage, pic posted by george donaldson. (https://twitter.com/DonaldsonGeorge/status/430306141672079360/photo/1)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BfjBJ-UIgAAPsRc.jpg

BleAivano
3rd February 2014, 13:39
Important message from the organisation staff. Due to the unusual mild winter and the fact that when the
subzero temperatures arrived the snow arrived at the same time meaning that the ice have not managed to
build making it very dangerous :bones: :bones: :bones: to walk/park/drive on the ices.

So stay away from the ices!!

http://translate.google.com/translate?s ... %3D5774346 (http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=sv&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=sv&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fsverigesradio.se%2Fsida%2Fgruppsida .aspx%3Fprogramid%3D2505%26grupp%3D13839%26artikel %3D5774346)

Fast Eddie WRC
3rd February 2014, 13:40
Any info on live streaming from SVT on Thurs or Fri ?

There was good coverage last year including historics I seem to remember..

BleAivano
3rd February 2014, 13:46

http://www.rallysweden.com/tavlingen/radio-tv/
http://www.svt.se/sport/sa-sander-svt-f ... ska-rallyt (http://www.svt.se/sport/sa-sander-svt-fran-svenska-rallyt)

The only liver coverage will be SS1 on Wednesday as well as well as Värmullsåsen 1 and 2 on Saturday.

Rallyper
3rd February 2014, 13:49
Also this link ( maybe more uptodate?):

EDIT: Sorry didn´t catch your link until this was up.

dimviii
3rd February 2014, 14:04
Fredrik Gustavsson ?@F_Gustavsson 11 ?????
Like last year, Henning Solberg will drive @RallySweden in the car M-Sport have been using during the tests last weeks.

spc-photo
3rd February 2014, 14:06
Hello.

Flying out from the UK tomorrow for what will be my tenth visit to Sweden, can't wait! Highlights I'm looking forward to this year are seeing the Hyundais for the first time, Latvala and Tanak's driving styles, Meeke and Kubica's debuts on snow (I like what I've seen of Kubica's test on youtube) and the Historics have some notable crews out too (Hakan Lindh - sideways!, Petter, Backlund, Svedlund and Blomqvist plus plenty of 240s). We'll be hopefully having a look at the Torsby stage on Wednesday, the road leading up to the quarry looks reasonable on google earth.

"Is that Blomqvist Quattro in the back?"

Going by the 'Lecab' stickers on the Quattro's trailer in the pic on page 10 I'd say that's Oscar Svedlund's car.

See you in the forests.

Fast Eddie WRC
3rd February 2014, 14:34

http://www.rallysweden.com/tavlingen/radio-tv/

The only liver coverage will be SS1 on Wednesday as well as well as Värmullsåsen 1 and 2 on Saturday.

Thanks.. just have to hope the service park stream is worth watching..

Sulland
3rd February 2014, 14:53
Looking at the pictures and reports from the recce, this edition will be a tyre-eater. Very little ice sole on the roads, so snow on top, and then directly down on the gravel!

Almost no snowbank to lean on, and very little ground-frost, it will be a strange winter rally in 2014, but then again there has been a strange winter, with more snow in places there should be none, and little snow in places we are used to meters!

dodge33cymru
3rd February 2014, 15:03
thanks rallyper, I'm also informed by the organisers that you can buy entry to Shakedown for 200sek, which is handy.

Looking forward to it, but wish that I'd thought ahead a bit more and wasn't going back on Friday morning - I didn't realise that the historics only run Friday and Saturday!

Rallyper
3rd February 2014, 15:59
thanks rallyper, I'm also informed by the organisers that you can buy entry to Shakedown for 200sek, which is handy.

Looking forward to it, but wish that I'd thought ahead a bit more and wasn't going back on Friday morning - I didn't realise that the historics only run Friday and Saturday!

Note that each stage costs 200 SEK if you don´t get a Day pass for 300 SEK, that makes 500 SEK, Rallypass is 499 SEK! You get a bargain of 1 SEK!! :D
Going back home on Friday without visiting any stages friday, makes it break even...

HarriK
3rd February 2014, 16:20
Kristian Sohlberg test movie:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlSl8MuCEnk

HarriK
3rd February 2014, 16:32

+1

noel157
3rd February 2014, 17:08
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BfiqrEwIYAA0Q0w.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BfiqSZGIQAAL1aZ.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BfipH0aIcAAV4xD.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BfipsdlIQAAI6yn.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BfihoLpIgAAeB8Z.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BfifoaoIUAAI29K.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bfig3XqIIAAvi1d.jpg

Going by those pictures Meeke, Latvala and Mikklesen have a great advantage...:)

Rallyper
3rd February 2014, 17:33
I think the tyre budget is so high they didn´t afford having full sets for all cars... :D :D

dimviii
3rd February 2014, 17:38
Khalid testing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohZvbDCppso

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bfjlyj4IcAA5rBC.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bfjmdm8IAAENR3X.jpg

BleAivano
3rd February 2014, 18:18
Kubica during recce. Already some gravel coming through. From @OfficialWRC (https://twitter.com/OfficialWRC/status/430381423099248640/photo/1)
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BfkFn8ICAAA1_tm.jpg

SubaruNorway
3rd February 2014, 19:58
Does anyone know where in the field Petter will start in the historics? As one of the last ones like last year i guess...
Official start list will be posted after the SSS on wednesday.

Someone asked for inboard of Rämmen. They take a right at the junction at 13:10 this year before the last 1.5km with a small jump.
http://rallyvidea.blog.cz/0803/j-semera ... 20-onboard (http://rallyvidea.blog.cz/0803/j-semerad-lancer-evo-ix-swedish-rally-2008-rz20-onboard)

miniwintz
3rd February 2014, 20:26
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bfjlyj4IcAA5rBC.jpg
Nice looking livery. Got any more pics?

Andre Oliveira
3rd February 2014, 20:36
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BfjldZ0IgAAAmzM.jpg

miniwintz
3rd February 2014, 21:24
Thanks. I like it :) I did not know Arabs were so much into burgers though :D

rp
3rd February 2014, 21:41

Unfortunately that´s the name of the game. Flyhström is one of the "managers" behind Finnish Motorsport Academy (Nikara and some other drivers) and of course there should be Nikara driving that Fiesta R5 and not Sohlberg, whose last WRC event was almost seven years ago. If Nikara would be driving also in Sweden it would look ok, but now it´s a weird situation...

Jeppe
3rd February 2014, 22:43

Unfortunately that´s the name of the game. Flyhström is one of the "managers" behind Finnish Motorsport Academy (Nikara and some other drivers) and of course there should be Nikara driving that Fiesta R5 and not Sohlberg, whose last WRC event was almost seven years ago. If Nikara would be driving also in Sweden it would look ok, but now it´s a weird situation...

Truly +1

COD
3rd February 2014, 23:17

+10 :D

Rallyper
4th February 2014, 12:48
Colin Clark and Co talked about the drivers just running through the obligated SD without pushing in order to save tires... :(

BleAivano
4th February 2014, 13:59
Colin Clark and Co talked about the drivers just running through the obligated SD without pushing in order to save tires... :(

:( But is understandable when you look at the conditions: From Fredrik Gustavsson's twitter (https://twitter.com/F_Gustavsson/status/430688342892892161/photo/1/large):
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BfocxAuIAAAfuyU.jpg

The weather forecast does not look promising either. Hardly any subzero temperatures for the remainder
of the week and there is even risk of rain during the night between Thursday and Friday.

http://www.smhi.se/vadret/vadret-i-sver ... rect=false (http://www.smhi.se/vadret/vadret-i-sverige/land/fiveDaysForecast.do?geonameid=2709214&redirect=false)
http://www.svt.se/vader/sverigeprognos
http://www.yr.no/sted/Sverige/V%C3%A4rm ... arsel.html (http://www.yr.no/sted/Sverige/V%C3%A4rmland/Hagfors/langtidsvarsel.html)

Mintexmemory
4th February 2014, 14:14
So what is the best strategy for tyre choice / road position- First with studs or last with normal gravel softs / hards? I don't recall what has been effective in these circumstances before.

Also has Brynildsen pulled his entry?

Rallyper
4th February 2014, 14:22
So what is the best strategy for tyre choice / road position- First with studs or last with normal gravel softs / hards? I don't recall what has been effective in these circumstances before.

You will need your studs, for sure! :smokin:

Mirek
4th February 2014, 14:44

No gravel tyres allowed in my opinion. You need the studs anyway.

thuGG
4th February 2014, 15:11
Short interview with Robert ahead of rally Sweden:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuVLYNO7Dnk

pantealex
4th February 2014, 15:57

and you can´t choose your starting position, thursday in championship order (Ogier,Meeke,Latvala...) and friday/saturday P1/P2 in reverse order.

Brynilldsen is not starting (no money = no car)

dimviii
4th February 2014, 16:21
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/t1/q71/1798878_10152177180680733_427476431_n.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/t1/q71/998158_597835693599121_1795752100_n.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/t1/q71/1797556_10152177199765733_1281215713_n.jpg
https://scontent-b-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/t1/q71/1896758_10152177180390733_99580312_n.jpg

ironseb
4th February 2014, 16:39

and you can´t choose your starting position, thursday in championship order (Ogier,Meeke,Latvala...) and friday/saturday P1/P2 in reverse order.

Brynilldsen is not starting (no money = no car)

Edit : error...

donlorean
4th February 2014, 16:46
Flyhström is one of the "managers" behind Finnish Motorsport Academy (Nikara and some other drivers)...

I heard in Arctic Rally that Flyhström is not anymore in FMA. I don't know how it effects for Nikara and FMA...

dimviii
4th February 2014, 17:00
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BfoMnItIYAA0vBR.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BfntEsFIIAARIvp.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BfnuWodIMAAo7px.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BfnvYwLIUAAm2-X.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BfnyfIJIAAAEmyL.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BfosZhOIEAE7ND3.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BfotWQmIgAAQauA.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BfouAPGIgAA-9Sv.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BfoufJTIIAAqPpV.jpg

dimviii
4th February 2014, 17:02
Andreas Mikkelsen ?@AMikkelsenRally 8 ????
You can LIVE CHAT with ME @vwrallytheworld, today at 4 PM GMT. Send your question using hashtag: #askAM - pic.twitter.com/6dhGPh1UXb

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BfiX4tLCAAAC4Ip.jpg

dimviii
4th February 2014, 17:05
:D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwukCdGKOdY

BleAivano
4th February 2014, 17:41
Pontus Tidemand will have a blog at Eurosport.se

http://www.eurosport.se/pontus-rallyblo ... full.shtml (http://www.eurosport.se/pontus-rallyblogg_blog278/pontus-rallyblogg_post2780006/blogpostfull.shtml)

noel157
4th February 2014, 18:18
Are safety crews permitted on this event?

Jafry
4th February 2014, 19:19
Photos from Sweden before start HERE: http://www.rally-mania.cz/photogallery.php?id=1230

MartijnS
4th February 2014, 19:41

Don't think so, just at tarmac normally?

noel157
4th February 2014, 20:16

Don't think so, just at tarmac normally?

Ok, thanks Martijn.