View Full Version : Rallye Monte Carlo 2014

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

makinen_fan
8th July 2013, 18:20
The 2014 route for Monte Carlo is out:
http://www.irallylive.com/ir_news.htm?00004475&10

Mirek
8th July 2013, 19:37
Looks like a challenge. The route is completely changed compared to last years :)

Mintexmemory
11th July 2013, 10:43
Day 1 loop

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?saddr=Or ... s&t=m&z=11 (https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?saddr=Orpierre,+France&daddr=Sainte+Andre+de+Rosans,+France+to:Rosans,+Fr ance+to:Sainte-Marie,+France+to:La+Charce,+France+to:Montauban-sur-l'Ouv%C3%A8ze,+France+to:Laborel,+France&hl=en&ie=UTF8&sll=44.379821,5.549469&sspn=0.336168,0.485458&geocode=FcstpAIdMeBWAClXpQMQZ_7KEjHojMLJiOKuDA%3BF R0kpQId3yNUACmvSCooAfHKEjHh2HfBXKA5-A%3BFcpdpQIdKHdTACmpNHYaJPLKEjHaKw1DliXgug%3BFYyAp gIdgoxTAClBbPrmKezKEjEQopf9pRkIBA%3BFZ2RpgIdYi9TAC mxRj9pT-zKEjHrPAheUXh88Q%3BFTyQowIdyfFTACkjntSsI_bKEjHmLUG OmOvKqA%3BFXXZowIdX2BVAClbFCzGUPjKEjHNKSqjhJziSQ&oq=Laborel&mra=ls&t=m&z=11)

Day 2 & 3 1st stage

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?saddr=D4 ... +France+to (https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?saddr=D420&daddr=Col+d'Espr%C3%A9aux,+05110+Esparron,+France+ to) :D 49+to :D 48+to :D 21&hl=en&ie=UTF8&sll=44.444075,5.863609&sspn=0.1679,0.242729&geocode=FewKpgId2rhaAA%3BFeOapgIdsNlZACmr1_azAhrLE jFa_vxERAOJog%3BFbHHpgIdrPhYAA%3BFYllpgIdnj1YAA%3B FZUipQIdsJNZAA&oq=Faye&mra=dme&mrsp=4&sz=12&t=m&z=12

Mintexmemory
11th July 2013, 10:44
Day 2
Selonnet – Col des Garcinets – Breziers
https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?saddr=Se ... s&t=m&z=13 (https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?saddr=Selonnet,+France&daddr=Col+des+Garcinets+to:Br%C3%A9ziers,+France&hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=44.398835,6.256714&spn=0.084015,0.121365&sll=44.444075,5.863609&sspn=0.1679,0.242729&geocode=FaENpQIdsVBgACnFlrJjNnvLEjEArZf9pRkIBA%3BF Tx9pQIdCyRfACl13y_Zim_LEjEzzS3ejQotjg%3BFYbjpQIduZ heACntawUzBW_LEjFTnV2tNsmWdQ&oq=Bre&mra=ls&t=m&z=13)

Day 3
Sisteron – Col de Fontbelle - Thoard

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?saddr=Si ... s&t=m&z=12 (https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?saddr=Sisteron,+France&daddr=Col+de+Font+Belle,+Le+Castellard-Melan,+France+to:Thoard,+France&hl=en&ll=44.296333,5.925064&spn=0.168324,0.242729&sll=44.373441,6.231823&sspn=0.084051,0.121365&geocode=FZlbogIdl69aACnZxd5vT6bLEjGgrJf9pRkIBA%3BF aKrogIdrsxdACmLIiZVc57LEjFUEAoEOCOSOQ%3BFUStoQIdQt RdACnT4KAZOpnLEjFQrJf9pRkIBA&oq=Tho,+France&mra=ls&t=m&z=12)

Digne – Col de Corobin – Chaudon Norante

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?saddr=Di ... s&t=m&z=12 (https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?saddr=Digne,+France&daddr=Col+de+Corobin,+Chaudon-Norante,+France+to:Chaudon-Norante,+France&hl=en&ll=44.031086,6.27903&spn=0.169083,0.242729&sll=44.296333,5.925064&sspn=0.168324,0.242729&geocode=FSHLoAIdSCdfACkLJb3tR4XLEjEAtJf9pRkIBA%3BF f6BnwId3W9gACnNiEmKso7LEjGV8c0TyXIjNQ%3BFQwWnwIdYF NgACmvUo3aB4zLEjHAtJf9pRkIBA&oq=Chau,+France&mra=ls&t=m&z=12)

Then it's the Saturday as last year

Simorally86
11th July 2013, 11:50
I try to design the first leg here https://www.google.it/maps/ms?msid=2078 ... 481a&msa=0 (https://www.google.it/maps/ms?msid=207811519345357265487.0004e116f2be5d6f6481 a&msa=0) Stages are not correct at 100%, i don't know the exact start and finish, but just to have a general wiew where the stages will be!

Simorally86
11th July 2013, 11:52
And here the second leg https://www.google.it/maps/ms?msid=2078 ... c375&msa=0 (https://www.google.it/maps/ms?msid=207811519345357265487.0004e1172ebe2bafac37 5&msa=0)

bluuford
2nd December 2013, 09:36
It is time to pick up this thread. Maybe some Mod can change the title to Rally Monte Carlo 2014?

Entries close on 13th of December, next Friday.
What can we expect?
WRC
1. Ogier Polo WRC
2. Latvala Polo WRC
3. Mikkelsen Polo WRC
4. Neuville I20 WRC
5. Sordo? I20WRC
6. DS3WRC
7. DS3WRC
8. DS3WRC??
9. Hirvonen? Fiesta WRC
10. Ostberg? Fiesta WRC
11. Evans? Fiesta WRC???
12. Prokop? Fiesta WRC
13. Kubica? Fiesta WRC

Etc...

So, Citroen is going to announce their drivers 3 days after (after the weekend) the closing of Entry list:-)

Mintexmemory
2nd December 2013, 13:07
Previous posts re route moved here. Let speculation commence.

Myself, 306 Cosworth, pettersolberg29 and Allyc85 are going to be spectating MC next month. Arriving at Nice -13/1, staying at Sigoyer near Gap for 4 nights. Following the rally south on the Friday night with accommodation in Menton overnight then one of the Saturday stages. We'll visit service in Monaco after the stages then back to Nice for the Sunday morning flight home.
Any advice form old Monte experts sought and happily received. Most importantly, how easy is it to use the non-competitive link sections or are these also closed to public traffic?
The route on ACdeM site has changed since the Summer but their detailed maps are due any day now

vino_93
2nd December 2013, 16:51
Maurin - Fiesta WRC
Baud - FIesta WRC
confirmed MC is their first goal of the year.

Mirek
2nd December 2013, 17:32
Previous posts re route moved here. Let speculation commence.

Myself, 306 Cosworth, pettersolberg29 and Allyc85 are going to be spectating MC next month. Arriving at Nice -13/1, staying at Sigoyer near Gap for 4 nights. Following the rally south on the Friday night with accommodation in Menton overnight then one of the Saturday stages. We'll visit service in Monaco after the stages then back to Nice for the Sunday morning flight home.
Any advice form old Monte experts sought and happily received. Most importantly, how easy is it to use the non-competitive link sections or are these also closed to public traffic?
The route on ACdeM site has changed since the Summer but their detailed maps are due any day now

The most important advice is to be everywhere very early. There are few roads in the mountains and they can easily get jammed. Especially for places like Col de Turini even 4 hours ahead might not be safe. Of course You can try to make as many stages as possible arriving last minute but it's a gamble. Also count with really low average speed on the mountain roads when You make planning, especially in case of snow.

What You mean by non-competitive link? The liaison routes between stages? Those are usually opened except last several kilometers before stage start/after stage finish.

Otherwise on stages it's pretty free where You stand and what You do except few crowded places such as the already mentioned Col de Turini. I recommend to take a walk for finding Your place. Good thing also is that there are no entry tickets, all rally is free for spectators.

Mintexmemory
2nd December 2013, 23:52
The most important advice is to be everywhere very early. There are few roads in the mountains and they can easily get jammed. Especially for places like Col de Turini even 4 hours ahead might not be safe. Of course You can try to make as many stages as possible arriving last minute but it's a gamble. Also count with really low average speed on the mountain roads when You make planning, especially in case of snow.

What You mean by non-competitive link? The liaison routes between stages? Those are usually opened except last several kilometers before stage start/after stage finish.

Otherwise on stages it's pretty free where You stand and what You do except few crowded places such as the already mentioned Col de Turini. I recommend to take a walk for finding Your place. Good thing also is that there are no entry tickets, all rally is free for spectators.

Thank M - we are definitely going to go for quality rather than quantity. Yes I meant liaison sections (the term blocked in my mind!) do they publish the locations of the block points anywhere? More questions I'm sure will occur to me over the next few weeks.

Mirek
3rd December 2013, 09:28
Frankly I don't remember about the blocking points but I think they are not in the maps. Let's wait for them. For 2014 there are big changes in the route so there will be a lot of new even for experienced spectators :)

wwbroe
3rd December 2013, 09:37
I agree with Mirek, will be a lot of new stages that are unknown by most spectators. I think it will be an edition that is not so easy to follow for spectators. On the maps of the stages that i have seen sofar, there are not many accessroads, so it wil be hard to find some decent spectatorpoints. Unless offcourse if you drive into stage in advance and stay there untill it will be reopened. But let's wait for ufficial maps to appear to decide what are the options. ;)

Mintexmemory
3rd December 2013, 16:01
I agree with Mirek, will be a lot of new stages that are unknown by most spectators. I think it will be an edition that is not so easy to follow for spectators. On the maps of the stages that i have seen sofar, there are not many accessroads, so it wil be hard to find some decent spectatorpoints. Unless offcourse if you drive into stage in advance and stay there untill it will be reopened. But let's wait for ufficial maps to appear to decide what are the options. ;)
Thanks for the wise advice guys. The routes of the stages are clear enough from the information in the ACM 'Presentation accessibility to the stages is heavily dependent on where the start and finish points are exactly located. Looks like liaison between SS1/4 start - SS3/6 finish will be heavily populated on Day 1. The Clumanc - Lambruisse stage on Day 2 really is only accessible by being there before the road closure.

tommeke_B
7th December 2013, 09:06
According to Echappement (French magazine), Matthieu Margaillan will compete in a Fabia S2000. One of the many young talented drivers in France... :)

tolis
9th December 2013, 00:11
According to Echappement (French magazine), Matthieu Margaillan will compete in a Fabia S2000. One of the many young talented drivers in France... :)
He has ex-Cerny's Fabia!

306 Cosworth
9th December 2013, 12:36
Can't wait for my trip to MC! Hopefully I can get some good video and we have some nice snowy weather too ;)

vino_93
9th December 2013, 17:22
and it looks like finally Maurin will start with Fiesta RRC for WRC 2 program !

Allyc85
9th December 2013, 17:30
Been excited about our trip to Monte since we first discussed it! Got my snow gear today so lets hope we get a good mix of conditions to shake things up a bit :bounce:

306 Cosworth
9th December 2013, 18:08
Think the only snow gear i'll need will be some thermal socks! Already got good boots, coats and ski trousers! I could always borrow some stuff from work too which we use in the -27c Freezer ;)

pettersolberg29
9th December 2013, 21:31
Been excited about our trip to Monte since we first discussed it! Got my snow gear today so lets hope we get a good mix of conditions to shake things up a bit :bounce:

Same! Another thing off the bucket list ;) not got any snowgear yet - you talking salopettes, snow boots and thermals?

Mintexmemory
9th December 2013, 22:57

Same! Another thing off the bucket list ;) not got any snowgear yet - you talking salopettes, snow boots and thermals?

Yep and most importantly a wicking base layer! Been researching possible spots for Thursday and the double Friday run - looks like a recce drive indicated on the Tuesday! Will be in touch with some details by PM tomorrow night

pettersolberg29
9th December 2013, 23:05
Yep and most importantly a wicking base layer! Been researching possible spots for Thursday and the double Friday run - looks like a recce drive indicated on the Tuesday! Will be in touch with some details by PM tomorrow night

Excellent, cheers! Yeh sounds like a plan, get our bearings - you able to PM me the gite again too just so I can see the exact location? Nice, remember I still owe you some monies too!

Mintexmemory
9th December 2013, 23:20

Excellent, cheers! Yeh sounds like a plan, get our bearings - you able to PM me the gite again too just so I can see the exact location? Nice, remember I still owe you some monies too!
You have a PM

Andre Oliveira
10th December 2013, 21:31
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/1476493_130167867153827_1512472468_n.png

Manufacters entries

N.O.T
10th December 2013, 21:39
that was pretty informative...

T.Maanteiden kuningas
10th December 2013, 21:45
Is Qatar M-Sport sure?

Andre Oliveira
10th December 2013, 21:52
that was pretty informative...

At least someone replies to me ;)

Is Qatar M-Sport sure?

By the words of Nasser Al-Atiyahh: Yes.

The question is: Who will be number 5 and 6

pettersolberg29
10th December 2013, 21:55
[quote="N.O.T":1hs3aned]that was pretty informative...

At least someone replies to me ;)

Is Qatar M-Sport sure?

By the words of Nasser Al-Atiyahh: Yes.

The question is: Who will be number 5 and 6[/quote:1hs3aned]

Pretty sure Kubica will be in a Fiesta at Monte, just depends if he's a factory entry or not. Mikko is almost certain to be in a Fiesta, can't imagine he'll be out the WRC completely. Likewise Bouffier could be in a Fiesta, so could be interesting to see the announcement.

Andre Oliveira
10th December 2013, 22:03
I really enjoy the idea of Bouffier with Fiesta.

pettersolberg29
10th December 2013, 22:13

Agreed - really feel Bouffier should have had more chances at the top level. Even if he gets a Fiesta for Monte expecting anything near a top 5 would be too much simply due to inexperience at this level.

Mintexmemory
10th December 2013, 23:38

Agreed - really feel Bouffier should have had more chances at the top level. Even if he gets a Fiesta for Monte expecting anything near a top 5 would be too much simply due to inexperience at this level.
Must be hard being an inexperienced previous MC winner ;) (beat Loix)
This is the one place he's likely to go well after last year's taster. Main obstacle is the larger number of works cars.

So is Kubica still trying to decide between M-Sport and VW??

Mirek
10th December 2013, 23:54
I think he meant experience with the machinery. Bryan has ever did only one rally in WRC car - RMC 2013. He has never started in WRC even in national or local events.

pettersolberg29
10th December 2013, 23:58
This is the one place he's likely to go well after last year's taster. Main obstacle is the larger number of works cars.

Agreed that this will be his strongest chance, but still feel with the top level machinery (thanks Mirek ;)) that he's just not experienced enough. Which is unfortunate because I rate him highly.

I think Kubica is more deciding whether to do rallying or not to be honest. Believe he'll be in a Fiesta for RMC whatever though (DSTM!).

Mintexmemory
11th December 2013, 00:18

Agreed that this will be his strongest chance, but still feel with the top level machinery (thanks Mirek ;)) that he's just not experienced enough. Which is unfortunate because I rate him highly.

I think Kubica is more deciding whether to do rallying or not to be honest. Believe he'll be in a Fiesta for RMC whatever though (DSTM!).

:D I knew what you meant, just getting the banter going before we get cooped up in the alps with the other guys!!! The next month can't go quick enough! Got my polarising filters bought off ebay today so the pics won't glare-out (even for the Fuji bridge camera!)
So other forumers who else is going to MC besides our party ?

satnav
13th December 2013, 23:42
Stage maps are now on the ACM Site
http://www.acm.mc/page-document-rally.p ... ousmenu=24 (http://www.acm.mc/page-document-rally.php?id_menu=4&id_sousmenu=24)

litifeta
14th December 2013, 07:42
Bring it on. Starts on my birthday. Already practicing the stages on WRC4. Need to get RBR one day.

wwbroe
14th December 2013, 11:25
People who need Google Earth map or detailed maps for Monte Carlo 2014 can PM me. ;)

Ralph-Mario
14th December 2013, 15:35
A. Kremer Fiesta R5

http://www.rallye-magazin.de/rallyes/wm ... index.html (http://www.rallye-magazin.de/rallyes/wm/nachrichten/news-detail/d/2013/12/14/armin-kremer-im-fiesta-r5-zur-monte/index.html)

noel157
14th December 2013, 18:09
With entries closed when is the official list released?

Edit - 20th I think.

noel157
14th December 2013, 18:09
With entries closed when is the official list released?

EightGear
14th December 2013, 18:23
20th I believe.

satnav
14th December 2013, 21:04
Yea according to the regs the entry list is published on the 20th

Mintexmemory
15th December 2013, 11:48
Question - the ZP locations, mandatory or recommended? -if mandatory there'll be too few places for the public to spread out. Some advice lifted from Forum-Rallye - get there early and walk a long way (to avoid les flics)

wwbroe
15th December 2013, 12:22
Question - the ZP locations, mandatory or recommended? -if mandatory there'll be too few places for the public to spread out. Some advice lifted from Forum-Rallye - get there early and walk a long way (to avoid les flics)

Those places are not mandatory, only recomended, but you can choose your own spot. It will surely help if you arrive on time, if you want to be at a place "locked up" in the stage i advice you to go a long time in advance. ;)

Mirek
15th December 2013, 12:30
Yes, in RMC in most cases spectators enjoy absolute freedom. There are places where You don't meet a marshal for 1-2 km but on the other hand the most crowded places are guarded strictly by gendarmerie and marshals. So it may happen that You arrive to a crowded place and they won't let You cross the road one hour before start but if You walk along few hundred meters You can do whatever You want...

Mintexmemory
15th December 2013, 12:34

Those places are not mandatory, only recomended, but you can choose your own spot. It will surely help if you arrive on time, if you want to be at a place "locked up" in the stage i advice you to go a long time in advance. ;)
Thanks, WW, we will be early but accessing from open roads as we want some timetable flexibility. Got to say the length of the Saturday stages is not great but I imagine that is to avoid some of last year's problems

kornes
16th December 2013, 17:12
Hi, this is the first time I'm going to the Monte Carlo rally, and I will rent a car at the airport of Marseille, but I'm not catching chains,that you think? A friends who were repeatedly told me they were not necessary but to relocate I'm not sure.
Any recommendations for the cold?
How are the specials less a month away?
Thaks and sorry for my English

wwbroe
16th December 2013, 17:35
Kornes, your English is fine. Most of the time you don't really need chains on your rental car. But you have to know that it is mandatory to have chains with you to access certain roads. If you take rental car it is advisable that you have winter tyres on it. It depends ofcourse of weather conditions, but with normal tyres you most probably will get stuck somewhere. ;)

By the way, you have private message.

Mirek
16th December 2013, 22:50
I entered all roads without chains (but with winter tyres) but I admit I got stuck once some 2 km from Col St. Jean of SS Moutauban in 2009 when the overnight snow calamity came in :D In fact a majority of French drivers had summer tyres combined with chains what made me sometimes furious because in condition where You can normally drive with winter tyres they were incredibly slow :) Anyway it might be problem to get winter tyres on the rental car in Marseilles or Nice, or am I wrong?

Oppositelock
17th December 2013, 08:28
Biggest problem could be - weather depending - that car rental companies in Nice never heard of snow tyres. It happend to me, that I made reservations for snow chains, and when I arrived in Nice "sorry, we don't have" was the answer . . .

CWJ
17th December 2013, 09:05
My advice: Make sure you have winter tyres and chains or 4x4. Call directly to your rental station in advance. Last year police stopped all cars without winter equipment in the morning at village exit Sospel 12km before Moulinet... :)

big_sw2000
17th December 2013, 09:12
Working at a Volvo dealership, we are under the understanding that chains or snow socks are mandatory under French law in the Alps

Steve

wwbroe
17th December 2013, 10:06
The problem is that car rental companies in Nice or Marseille mostly don't offer the option to have winter tyres. If you can fly to Grenoble that is another matter, there almost all rental cars are equiped with winter tyres. My advice is to contact your rental agency well in advance and ask about it. ;)

Mintexmemory
17th December 2013, 12:57
Do any of our Czech members know if Prokop and Kostka are entered for MC?
Similarly Polish info on Kosciuszko and Solowow welcome

Mirek
17th December 2013, 13:04
Prokop yes, with two cars (second car for Slovak Melichárek). I have no idea about Kostka but I guess he is not going to start.

kornes
17th December 2013, 13:11
Is not easy, I spoke with my rental car company and they said they did not have chains, which is thought to catch them at a nearby gas station, because winter tires also have them.

Mintexmemory
17th December 2013, 14:15
Is not easy, I spoke with my rental car company and they said they did not have chains, which is thought to catch them at a nearby gas station, because winter tires also have them.

Norauto are the French tyre suppliers who also stock chains. Own brand Peugeot 206-fitting chains cost 29.90 euro - cheaper than the hire company will charge I'm sure. Look up the Marseille outlet and make that you first stop. We are doing that when we arrive at Nice.

tolis
17th December 2013, 19:39
A secret driver will drive a Balbosca Peugeot 207 S2000 in Rallye Monte Carlo. Nicola Arena was the co-driver. Tests today...

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/575727_634376803270741_90909879_n.jpg

Mintexmemory
17th December 2013, 22:01
[quote="tolis"]A secret driver will drive a Balbosca Peugeot 207 S2000 in Rallye Monte Carlo. Nicola Arena was the co-driver. Tests today...

Gigi? - has to be an Italian.

Rumour from the French media - Bouffier and Delecour in Fiesta WRCs - That would be very nice!

pettersolberg29
17th December 2013, 22:04
Bouffier is a cert for Monte, 99% chance it'll be a Fiesta. Would love to see Delecour again too!

jacko
18th December 2013, 12:36
Delecour confirms Monte return:

Former world rally star Francois Delecour will return to the Monte Carlo Rally next year, two years since he last contested the event. Delecour, 51-year-old, will drive an M-Sport Fiesta RS WRC, with backing from Romania’s tourist board (like 2012), in the Monte Carlo Rally next month.

On that previous occasion the Frenchman finished sixth – ahead of a number of rising stars – and this time his aim is to go one better, co-driven as always by Dominique Savignoni: who actually drove the final stage of the rally in 2012.

“Being realistic, I’m going to aim for fifth – and even that will be a very big challenge,” Delecour said. “But at least we can take Sebastien Loeb out of the equation, so that’s already a place gained for me! I also think it’s asking a lot from Hyundai to be competitive on their first Monte. So we know who our direct rivals will be and if things go well for us, we could be fifth. Whatever happens, I’m going to really enjoy it. I love this rally and I’m looking forward to driving there already.”

Delecour will test the Fiesta RS WRC in early January, prior to his 98th WRC start and his 17th in the Principality.

Allyc85
18th December 2013, 16:21
Great to see Francois out again :)

Whats the best thing to do about mobile internet down there? Im guessing buying a pre-paid sim from a local company (Recomendations?) is the way forwards?

Tom206wrc
18th December 2013, 16:55
A secret driver will drive a Balbosca Peugeot 207 S2000 in Rallye Monte Carlo. Nicola Arena was the co-driver. Tests today...

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/575727_634376803270741_90909879_n.jpg

It was Matteo Gamba ;)

edmundas
18th December 2013, 19:52
It is the first time I am going to the Monte Carlo Rally. And I was wondering about road conditions in the special stages. Are there any stages which are usually covered with snow or ice on Thursday, Friday and Saturday? If not, for which stages are the biggest possibility to be covered with snow or ice? Because I would prefer to watch the rally cars on snowy roads.

kornes
18th December 2013, 20:06
How far in advance closed sections? It would be possible to go to the ES1 going through the 3rd ES?

bluuford
18th December 2013, 20:31
Great to see Francois out again :)

Whats the best thing to do about mobile internet down there? Im guessing buying a pre-paid sim from a local company (Recomendations?) is the way forwards?

From my experince with some people on the stage giving weather data.. quite often, there is no coverage on the mountains.. not even mobile connection. back-up is always radio.

Mirek
18th December 2013, 20:51
It is the first time I am going to the Monte Carlo Rally. And I was wondering about road conditions in the special stages. Are there any stages which are usually covered with snow or ice on Thursday, Friday and Saturday? If not, for which stages are the biggest possibility to be covered with snow or ice? Because I would prefer to watch the rally cars on snowy roads.

This edition is from majority new compared to last years. The rally center of first days was moved from Valence to Gap and majority of the stages were not used for ages. As far as I know the area shall have generally more snow than Valence region but with RMC You never know. I was there four times and the weather was varying very much. SS3/6 was used in IRC years (in longer variant) and usually was covered by snow. In 2009 and 2010 it was awesome one but I admit I have always been in the part which is cut away for 2014.

Generally when the weather is not clear for snow and ice I would choose high altitude places in the shadow of the mountains or under the trees. You can have completely dry southern slopes while northern ones are covered by snow in the same time. On the other hand if You choose one two hundred meters long icy patch of two dry stages You would only see a slow motion rallying so always think about which tyres they could use for Your loop before choosing place. Also if it starts raining on a thick ice it's usually very boring to watch. They drive very slowly in the ruts. I would also choose uphill sections if I knew they are on wrong tyres.

Mirek
18th December 2013, 20:53
From my experince with some people on the stage giving weather data.. quite often, there is no coverage on the mountains.. not even mobile connection. back-up is always radio.

I can confirm as I tried to inform Bluuford myself :D For example in 2011 the famous tyre disaster... I was there and we all saw how it looked there but there was no GSM signal anywhere around.

tommeke_B
18th December 2013, 21:34
http://www.inforoute05.fr/wir3/document ... C_2014.pdf (http://www.inforoute05.fr/wir3/documents/WRC_RMC_2014.pdf)

Some info concerning stages (and shakedown) near gap, with road closure times etc. ;)

RICARDO75
18th December 2013, 21:36

It was Matteo Gamba ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hviDgSOlVkU&feature=em-uploademail

Mintexmemory
18th December 2013, 23:07
http://www.inforoute05.fr/wir3/documents/WRC_RMC_2014.pdf

Some info concerning stages (and shakedown) near gap, with road closure times etc. ;)

Link for Road closures from official site

http://www.acm.mc/documents/4/ANNEXE%20 ... ROUTES.xls (http://www.acm.mc/documents/4/ANNEXE%20A4%20-%20FERMETURE%20DES%20ROUTES.xls)

jbmarcus21
19th December 2013, 20:24
Google Earth Map Monte Carlo is out http://bit.ly/H4VScy

mousti
20th December 2013, 11:54
Entry list is out!

http://www.acm.mc/documents/4/LISTE%20D ... IORITE.pdf (http://www.acm.mc/documents/4/LISTE%20DES%20ENGAGES%20PAR%20LISTE%20DE%20PRIORIT E.pdf)

No real surprises besides that Marc Duez is entered in a Porsche!

Mirek
20th December 2013, 12:28
Almost 100 cars. Nice!

Mintexmemory
20th December 2013, 12:48
...and published to the deadline!!! Things are looking good. Can't grumble at 14 WRC cars!

Fast Eddie WRC
20th December 2013, 12:51
Meeke & Evans.. Brits are back ! :)

Dug83
20th December 2013, 13:03
Meeke & Evans.. Brits are back ! :)

And Paul Nagle has turned French!

tolis
20th December 2013, 13:56
Almost 100 cars. Nice!
Actually 71 cars! ;)

pantealex
20th December 2013, 13:58
Almost 100 cars. Nice!
Actually 71 cars! ;)

Rare mistake from you Mirek ;)

Mirek
20th December 2013, 14:16
Actually 71 cars! ;)

1:0 for You :smokin:

noel157
20th December 2013, 14:20
You should be ashamed of yourself Mirek :)

Veselé Vánoce

Mirek
20th December 2013, 14:24
Thanks, Merry Christmas for You too!

Allyc85
20th December 2013, 16:19
Very nice lookig entry, and to have 2 Brits and a 911 tops its off extreamly nicely :D :bounce:

Mintexmemory
20th December 2013, 18:56
Very nice lookig entry, and to have 2 Brits and a 911 tops its off extreamly nicely :D :bounce:

Are you going to be saying 'Are we there yet?' all the way from Nice to Sigoyer?

tommeke_B
20th December 2013, 20:48
Nice to see Duez-Porsche on the list!

Duez drove a Porsche 996 GT3 once in snowy conditions, see video below. :) This is the very "basic" GT3 rallycar, should be very close (if not legal) to the FIA GT rules.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRj8OEkkHfA

Allyc85
20th December 2013, 21:26

Are you going to be saying 'Are we there yet?' all the way from Nice to Sigoyer?

Depends if we take the scenic route up the Route Napoleon north of Grasse!

Mintexmemory
21st December 2013, 07:42
I shall indulge in several Ricards after the days work is done.

Route des Alpes as we are avoiding tolls and have the time

kornes
30th December 2013, 16:49
Any recommendation for second day? Is there any fast zone with snow that has easy access?
What time the Shakedown start? At 08:00 for P1-P2 Drivers?
Thanks

Mintexmemory
30th December 2013, 23:48
Any recommendation for second day? Is there any fast zone with snow that has easy access?
What time the Shakedown start? At 08:00 for P1-P2 Drivers?
Thanks

Programme is in RG2 on the ACM website
Recommended points can be found in the french Forum Rallye site in their MC Guide pdf download. At the moment Day 2 snow isn't predicable, but I think as Mirek has already said look for northfacing shadowed roads at higher altitude for the best chance.

Mintexmemory
6th January 2014, 20:53
No snow forecast for next 5 days :( This time next week we'll be in the gite, eating cassoulet, drinking cote du rhone and 1664, pouring over the maps. Bluford can you offer any hope?

mousti
6th January 2014, 23:28
GoPro footage of Bouffier's test

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQmIqN2mZMA

Andre Oliveira
7th January 2014, 00:45
Already posted on WRC testing thread.

kolin
7th January 2014, 08:31
GoPro footage of Bouffier's test

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQmIqN2mZMA

Very poor video. There's nothing to see. Viewing only the snowdrifts

bluuford
7th January 2014, 09:02
No snow forecast for next 5 days :( This time next week we'll be in the gite, eating cassoulet, drinking cote du rhone and 1664, pouring over the maps. Bluford can you offer any hope?
Cold air from the N and NE comes to Europe starting from this weekend.. It is likely that some of it reaches to Alps as well (by the end of next week). But it is too far to say anything about this region.

Fast Eddie WRC
7th January 2014, 12:18
Any chance of some live TV or internet stream coverage ?

dimviii
8th January 2014, 13:01
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/1604960_565013050250881_1453129093_n.jpg

mousti
8th January 2014, 16:47
Test for Robert Kubica is cancelled today.

An interview with Robert about it..

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=70 ... eam_ref=10 (https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=706534346032231&stream_ref=10)

Can any of our Polish members translate this? :)

Simorally86
8th January 2014, 16:49
Hi guys!
Start cerimony will be on Monday 13 at 20:15, as written on the homepage of the acm, or on Tuesday 14 in the afternoon as written in Rally Guide 1?

mousti
8th January 2014, 18:48

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=70 ... eam_ref=10 (https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=706534346032231&stream_ref=10)

Seems the MSport truck broke down between Jänner and France, so today no test but normally tomorrow he will test the Fiesta WRC.

Barreis
8th January 2014, 19:30
That's because the truck was too heavy, Qatar stickers wasn't removed down...:D

SubaruNorway
8th January 2014, 21:51
Hi guys!
Start cerimony will be on Monday 13 at 20:15, as written on the homepage of the acm, or on Tuesday 14 in the afternoon as written in Rally Guide 1?

Says monday in rally guide 2, they sure are good at dragging things out in Monte Carlo.

newfrank
9th January 2014, 10:10
Hi. Someone knows the best places in the SS2 Rosans, SS8 Selonnet, and SS10 Clumanc? This year will be our first Montecarlo and we need help. Thankyou all.

Mintexmemory
9th January 2014, 12:40
Hi guys!

Says monday in rally guide 2, they sure are good at dragging things out in Monte Carlo.

Its Monday evening, they are in the area as Monday is the last 2 stages recce day. Back to service park on Tuesday ready for shakedown on Wednesday.
@ newfrank - the Rally Guide on Forum-Rallye.com gives the guide to all the stages and has been very useful. However your choices look to be stages where you have to 'lock in' to get to the best places. Hope we all have a great time.

newfrank
9th January 2014, 13:03
@Mintexmemory Thanks. I will see this rally guide.

uranium
9th January 2014, 19:09

In two words what is important - They planned two days testing, but truck was broken on the way from Jänner Rallye and Robert has one day testing only. Anyway car was rebuild to WRC spec. He is disappointed a bit, but hopes it will go well with the car.

If you need detailed translation, just le me know :)

mousti
9th January 2014, 20:44
In two words what is important - They planned two days testing, but truck was broken on the way from Jänner Rallye and Robert has one day testing only. Anyway car was rebuild to WRC spec. He is disappointed a bit, but hopes it will go well with the car.

If you need detailed translation, just le me know :)
Thank you :-)

dimviii
9th January 2014, 22:14
http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/9223/hzgk.png
https://scontent-a-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/q71/s720x720/1098251_580757752004284_781421518_n.jpg

dimviii
9th January 2014, 22:15
http://www.forum-rallye.com/uploads/mon ... 281256.jpg (http://www.forum-rallye.com/uploads/monthly_01_2014/post-4604-0-68419700-1389281256.jpg)

Jordib
9th January 2014, 23:15

YES!! At least in Spain's Canal+ there are 3 live stages scheduled: Vitrolles-Faye 2 on friday and Sospel-Breouil s/Royans 1 & 2 on saturday:

http://www.plus.es/guia/busqueda-simple ... lo&x=0&y=0 (http://www.plus.es/guia/busqueda-simple?term=Rally+de+Monte+Carlo&x=0&y=0)

dimviii
9th January 2014, 23:48
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ok9vQ1MAAkY#t=414

litifeta
10th January 2014, 04:41
Good to see Jari speak in those terms. Yes, just get some points on the board first, and then apply pressure in the rallies you feel comfortable in.

bluuford
10th January 2014, 10:05
Long term prognoses are interesting for Monte weather (usually such long prognoses are still pretty unreliable). If my calculations are correct the a lot of rain on the lower elevations and up to 40 cm of snow on the higher elevations

noel157
10th January 2014, 10:34
Long term prognoses are interesting for Monte weather (usually such long prognoses are still pretty unreliable). If my calculations are correct the a lot of rain on the lower elevations and up to 40 cm of snow on the higher elevations

That'll be good, typical RMC conditions.

amilk
10th January 2014, 10:35

Thanks and looks not bad. What can be the freezing level (snow)?

bluuford
10th January 2014, 10:50
Not very reliable to tell right now, current data indicates that it should be between 800 and 1000 meters

stefanvv
10th January 2014, 10:56

YES!! At least in Spain's Canal+ there are 3 live stages scheduled: Vitrolles-Faye 2 on friday and Sospel-Breouil s/Royans 1 & 2 on saturday:

http://www.plus.es/guia/busqueda-simple ... lo&x=0&y=0 (http://www.plus.es/guia/busqueda-simple?term=Rally+de+Monte+Carlo&x=0&y=0)
That's great, I hope there will be online stream.

Jordib
10th January 2014, 11:50

That's great, I hope there will be online stream.

Of course, here for example: http://tvenganchado.com/canalplus/deportesop2.php

I also think there will be plenty of broadcasters worldwide showing these live stages, C+ only buys the promotor images. Maybe we can see the live streaming on the new website?

dimviii
10th January 2014, 11:55
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmuK51EOX2M

mousti
10th January 2014, 14:12
Kubica testing for Monte Carlo + Interview

http://www.autosport.cz/clanek.php?cl=15991

dimviii
10th January 2014, 15:11
Hyundai
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bdnt8EDCYAAnFqK.jpg

Mirek
10th January 2014, 15:14
Isn't that some supermarket? :D

Motorsportfun
10th January 2014, 15:18
Italian WRC-2 contender Max Rendina met Pope Francis in Rome for a benediction:
http://www.rallyemotion.it/8165_wrc-2-m ... -benedice/ (http://www.rallyemotion.it/8165_wrc-2-max-rendina-incontra-il-papa-che-lo-benedice/)

dimviii
10th January 2014, 15:45
Isn't that some supermarket? :D

looks huge!

Motorsportfun
10th January 2014, 15:48
New pics shows big glass facade... hope it will be kind of Press Center of 2012 Eurovision!

http://www.eurovision.tv/img/upload/new ... .az_70.jpg (http://www.eurovision.tv/img/upload/news/2012/Baku/Arena/Photographer_Vugar_Ibadoveurovision.az_70.jpg)

dimviii
10th January 2014, 22:29
http://www.forum-rallye.com/uploads/monthly_01_2014/post-3415-0-29772400-1389378608.jpg
http://www.forum-rallye.com/uploads/mon ... 378473.jpg (http://www.forum-rallye.com/uploads/monthly_01_2014/post-4604-0-32349000-1389378473.jpg)
http://www.forum-rallye.com/uploads/mon ... 378511.jpg (http://www.forum-rallye.com/uploads/monthly_01_2014/post-4604-0-85163300-1389378511.jpg)

RS
11th January 2014, 09:48
Now I see where Hyundai's 80 million Euros went :D

Is that just a hospitality area or is it also the "service tent"?

kolin
11th January 2014, 09:53
http://www.forum-rallye.com/uploads/monthly_01_2014/post-3415-0-29772400-1389378608.jpg

whose livery it is?

dimviii
11th January 2014, 09:59
Barrable,sorry the forum doesn t show all the photo,if you open it in a new page you will see it.
http://www.forum-rallye.com/uploads/mon ... 378608.jpg (http://www.forum-rallye.com/uploads/monthly_01_2014/post-3415-0-29772400-1389378608.jpg)

Mintexmemory
11th January 2014, 10:00

whose livery it is?

It' Robbie Barrable's late entry. Much greater prominence for Tunnocks than at WRGB. For those that don't know, a Tunnocks caramel wafer biscuit is an essential part of every Scottish kid's school lunch box and is as stereotypically scots as deep fried mars bars and haggis!

mousti
11th January 2014, 11:05
BMW's are going to be used as recce car for Hyundai Motorsport...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BdsSz-pCMAArthy.jpg:large

pettersolberg29
11th January 2014, 12:46
Barrable's is a great looking livery! Love Tunnocks, love Fiestas so it's win win.

RS
11th January 2014, 14:02

That's great advertising for Hyundai :rolleyes:

306 Cosworth
11th January 2014, 14:17

That's great advertising for Hyundai :rolleyes:

No different to M-Sport/Ford using Volvo's and Citroen using Mitsubishi Evos?

RS
11th January 2014, 14:26
Volvo at least used to be part of the same group as Ford, Citroen I can kind of understand as I don't think they have any 4wd in their range?

I just think it shows a lack of confidence in your own brand!

Are they allowed studs on recce cars? Otherwise the Hyundai boys are going to struggle if there is snow and ice.

tommeke_B
11th January 2014, 14:42
BMW 1 series with Xdrive? ;) It's important that in recce you have a car on which you feel the road well. It wouldn't be the first time a driver complains his notes are not good because he had a car that did not suit the road or match the car they compete in. Hyundai's only 4WD cars are SUV's, they are not really suited for doing recce for a rally. And I guess Mitsubishi or Subaru would be too much direct competitors on the car market? ;) I think the choice makes sense...

GigiGalliNo1
11th January 2014, 15:26
Makes sense if you can buy a german car in Germany very cheaply!

Mirek
11th January 2014, 15:35
Makes sense if you can buy a german car in Germany very cheaply!

Sorry, but the last thing important for Hyundai is to save few thousand Euro on recce cars...

RICARDO75
11th January 2014, 15:38
Volvo at least used to be part of the same group as Ford, Citroen I can kind of understand as I don't think they have any 4wd in their range?

I just think it shows a lack of confidence in your own brand!

Are they allowed studs on recce cars? Otherwise the Hyundai boys are going to struggle if there is snow and ice.

And the PSA Group has a partnership with Mitsubishi (Mitsubishi ASX/ Citroën C4 Aircross)

dimviii
11th January 2014, 17:30
https://scontent-b-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/q71/1601492_10152128575565733_84011077_n.jpg

Rallyper
11th January 2014, 18:32
BMW 1 series with Xdrive? ;) It's important that in recce you have a car on which you feel the road well. It wouldn't be the first time a driver complains his notes are not good because he had a car that did not suit the road or match the car they compete in. Hyundai's only 4WD cars are SUV's, they are not really suited for doing recce for a rally. And I guess Mitsubishi or Subaru would be too much direct competitors on the car market? ;) I think the choice makes sense...

Very good choice I would say. :)

rage82
11th January 2014, 22:16
Does any of you guys have some photos from the day 1 of the recce?

dimviii
11th January 2014, 22:26
Does any of you guys have some photos from the day 1 of the recce?

with 2 beers i am ok.

dimviii
11th January 2014, 22:37
ok 1 beer?

dimviii
11th January 2014, 22:44
there are the photos.No beers? :(
http://www.notryaphotos.com/rallyes/635 ... en-ogier-3 (http://www.notryaphotos.com/rallyes/6358/essais-prives-sebastien-ogier-3)

stefanvv
11th January 2014, 23:20
Only wine in winter, beers in the summer :D

Allyc85
11th January 2014, 23:43
Well im pretty much packed and ready to go! Bit of a drive up to Gatwick from Devon tomorrow ready for mondays flight, but it will so, so be worth it :D

rage82
12th January 2014, 07:25
http://www.notryaphotos.com/rallyes/635 ... en-ogier-3 (http://www.notryaphotos.com/rallyes/6358/essais-prives-sebastien-ogier-3)
There are only photos from the pre event testing and not from recce day 1. So no beers for you
:) :) :)

manthey
12th January 2014, 08:18

I would add also that Bmw 1 has 50:50 weight's balance, so it can match better what you find in a wrc

Mintexmemory
12th January 2014, 08:28
Vino or Tom (or any other french member). Lots of debate regarding ZP on Forum Rallye. Is it published (in writing) anywhere that the public can't go anywhere but these zones? I specifically asked the roads dept of Hautes Alpes council if a road to ES7 would be closed and received a reply assuring me that it would be open. So it doesn't look as though people will be prevented from approaching the route. Any help appreciated.

WRC1
12th January 2014, 09:22

bluuford: any update, or any changes in weather predictions? as we are only 4 days before the start?

Mirek
12th January 2014, 10:25
Vino or Tom (or any other french member). Lots of debate regarding ZP on Forum Rallye. Is it published (in writing) anywhere that the public can't go anywhere but these zones? I specifically asked the roads dept of Hautes Alpes council if a road to ES7 would be closed and received a reply assuring me that it would be open. So it doesn't look as though people will be prevented from approaching the route. Any help appreciated.

From my experience I wouldn't worry at all. There used to be so few marshals on the stages and they were "guarding" only the most known spectator points. Everywhere else there has always been absolute freedom for spectators. I doubt they would change the approach so radically.

Rallyper
12th January 2014, 10:34

From my experience I wouldn't worry at all. There used to be so few marshals on the stages and they were "guarding" only the most known spectator points. Everywhere else there has always been absolute freedom for spectators. I doubt they would change the approach so radically.

You´re probably right, but putting same pressure as they do to organizers like Sweden and Finland would make them increase safety quite a lot.

Mirek
12th January 2014, 10:38
You know the stages of RMC have very few access points so I personally expect them to make gendarmerie maneuvers at those points. In the past in some points it was like that too (for example on Saint Bonnet when You came from the "arena"). At certain point we had to sneak around them but since then in next two-three kilometers we didn't meet a single marshal.

Mintexmemory
12th January 2014, 11:16
Thanks for the advice Mirek, my fear is that there is a change of strategy and that the same problems people reported from Alsace will be repeated here. There are almost none of the classic Monte epingles listed as ZP but the viewpoint for many of these is a perfectly safe high bank

vino_93
12th January 2014, 11:18

well in fact people in France are effraid by new regulations for spectators which says people can't stay out of spectator zone. If it's not the case, organizers had to cancel the stage.
In the fact, I'm quite sceptical. Each year in "moutain rallies", marshall can't control people.
So the regulation is new for 2014, and it'll be the first rally with it ... I can't say you how it'll be. I suppose gendarmerie will try to stricter than they are usually.

Mintexmemory
12th January 2014, 11:28

well in fact people in France are effraid by new regulations for spectators which says people can't stay out of spectator zone. If it's not the case, organizers had to cancel the stage.
In the fact, I'm quite sceptical. Each year in "moutain rallies", marshall can't control people.
So the regulation is new for 2014, and it'll be the first rally with it ... I can't say you how it'll be. I suppose gendarmerie will try to stricter than they are usually.

My french isn't good enough to argue with les flics! Reco on Tuesday will need to take account of evasion routes ;). Zut alors, putain, merde!!!

Mirek
12th January 2014, 11:31

Aha, I didn't know. That sounds bad but frankly I can not imagine how they are going to enforce that. They would have to cancel all stages...

Franky
12th January 2014, 11:58

Aha, I didn't know. That sounds bad but frankly I can not imagine how they are going to enforce that. They would have to cancel all stages...

Or all the spectators out of the zones will start wearing military style camouflage suits

dimviii
12th January 2014, 13:15
Delecour
https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 3652_o.jpg (https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/1602163_566095600151967_864063652_o.jpg)

Barrable
https://scontent-b-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hph ... 4915_n.jpg (https://scontent-b-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/q83/s720x720/1505182_582131608533565_1361754915_n.jpg)

Hyundai
https://scontent-b-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hph ... 4610_n.jpg (https://scontent-b-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1551711_722303484461141_111194610_n.jpg)

Melicharek
https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hph ... 2103_n.jpg (https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/q74/s720x720/1545556_483048711801522_1553212103_n.jpg)

dimviii
12th January 2014, 13:17
There are only photos from the pre event testing and not from recce day 1. So no beers for you
my beers please
http://www.forum-rallye.com/uploads/mon ... 521521.jpg (http://www.forum-rallye.com/uploads/monthly_01_2014/post-1946-0-91559700-1389521521.jpg)

http://www.forum-rallye.com/uploads/mon ... 521555.jpg (http://www.forum-rallye.com/uploads/monthly_01_2014/post-1946-0-97653100-1389521555.jpg)

Fast Eddie WRC
12th January 2014, 14:22
M-Sport drivers views on the Monte:

Mikko Hirvonen said:

"I'm really excited to be back with the team and back in the Fiesta [RS WRC]. As soon as we got back behind the wheel we had a good feeling with the car and it is that kind of thing that can really help. Of course there is always room for more testing and it would have been nice to have a few more days after two years away, but I feel as though we are ready for the challenge.

"Monte-Carlo is a difficult event. The conditions can be so changeable and you often have to make compromises with the tyres. We didn't have much snow for our test and it was actually quite mild, so if the weather stays like that I would be quite happy.

"We need to see what happens, but a podium will definitely be in my mind. This season will be a little different, and I think we can look to take a few risks in the beginning. We need to see what happens, but I am here to be competitive and if we can secure a podium finish it would be a very good result for us."

http://www.qatarmsportwrt.com/media/k2/items/cache/7f2cd38b7681e6e2ef83b5a7a5385264_M.jpg

Elfyn Evans said:

"Our approach for this event will be to gain as much knowledge as we can. There is no doubting that it will be a difficult start to the year, but I am really looking forward to the challenge. We're here to learn and to make the most of this opportunity for the years to come.

"Monte is known to be a bit of a lottery. The conditions can be really unpredictable and it will also be the first time that I have had to work with an ice note crew, so that might take some getting used to. We started testing earlier this week. We had some really tricky conditions on the first day, but we were able to run a lot of different variations with the tyres which should hopefully see us well prepared for anything the Monte has to offer.

"Of course we all understand how unforgiving this event can be. I've only ever driven the Fiesta RS WRC on gravel in competition, so our main objective will be to make it to the finish ramp with as much experience as possible."

Robert Kubica said:

"As a new chapter in my rally career begins, I am really looking forward to next week's Rallye Monte-Carlo. It is a big challenge that should never be underestimated. My priority is to gain priceless experience while I participate there for the first time."

tommeke_B
12th January 2014, 14:37
https://scontent-a-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/hph ... 2088_n.jpg (https://scontent-a-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/1546452_10202465165006935_1636242088_n.jpg) Duez his GT3 :)

Kielder
12th January 2014, 14:55
Hyundai's cars have already arrived in Gap:

http://i44.tinypic.com/2mi5cnn.jpg

Lord_Shaitan
12th January 2014, 15:37
Volkswagens on place too:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bdya0-kCIAAX2Xb.jpg:large

wrchirek
12th January 2014, 16:56
Hyundai builds a showroom at the port of Monte Carlo as well, and there was their test car and other two WRC as well. As I see, they have a quite large budget. Prokop, Maurin, and some other crews/cars was there today noon as well. Some pics:

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/826/kjih.jpg

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/854/t6l6.jpg

Bad news, that SIT will do the timing this year again, I hope much better than in 2013.

Criterium
12th January 2014, 17:02
Hello,
I'm a French raIly and cartography fan. I would like to propose another way to make your recce. We created RallyVista an application which make the stages "alive" running a car through it. This program was launched last year for the Rallye International du Valais and we extended it to Monte-Carlo Rally.
http://i56.servimg.com/u/f56/15/38/23/21/presrv12.jpg

To have a look on our site:
http://www.interacti...ali/rallyvista/

You can give me your feedback.

(we also have a Facebook page:
https://www.facebook...497685080344289 )

Kielder
12th January 2014, 17:10
http://i43.tinypic.com/dfy2om.jpg

Andre Oliveira
12th January 2014, 17:52
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bdy_xr1CcAA3IzW.jpg

Andre Oliveira
12th January 2014, 17:55
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t1/q71/1521863_10151935712062987_1286357459_n.jpg

Andre Oliveira
12th January 2014, 17:57
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/q75/s720x720/1531771_10151802251765404_245063253_n.jpg

Andre Oliveira
12th January 2014, 17:58
https://scontent-b-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/1503994_582258631854196_1697973650_n.jpg

Andre Oliveira
12th January 2014, 17:59
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/q71/s720x720/1497664_10151964708328952_1483967939_n.jpg

Andre Oliveira
12th January 2014, 18:02
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/t1/1609881_10151964627768952_680470128_n.jpg

dimviii
12th January 2014, 18:17
?urini yesterday evening
http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BduM7wqCYAAex0p.jpg
http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BdxlK0FCEAAOTXN.jpg
http://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bdx2ELcCcAA5g-g.jpg

WRC1
12th January 2014, 18:23
?urini yesterday evening

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bdx2ELcCcAA5g-g.jpg

do you know if this (last) picture is also from turini or somewhere else??

pettersolberg29
12th January 2014, 18:24
The last picture is from Sisteron - the only place with snow so far according to Julian

Andre Oliveira
12th January 2014, 18:31
Tyre roullete, weather changes, great drivers, great cars, new cars, beautifull decos,... Monte Carlo are coming :bounce: :bounce:

Andre Oliveira
12th January 2014, 18:59
https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/p200x200/1609646_10151964799383952_1528477585_n.jpg
https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/p200x200/1510934_10151964800253952_1403036721_n.jpg

dimviii
12th January 2014, 19:02
Tyre roullete, weather changes, great drivers, great cars, new cars, beautifull decos,... Monte Carlo are coming :bounce: :bounce:

cant wait!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

http://www.forum-rallye.com/uploads/mon ... 553114.jpg (http://www.forum-rallye.com/uploads/monthly_01_2014/post-3165-0-57316700-1389553114.jpg)
http://www.forum-rallye.com/uploads/mon ... 553208.jpg (http://www.forum-rallye.com/uploads/monthly_01_2014/post-3165-0-31977400-1389553208.jpg)

Kielder
12th January 2014, 19:33
Video of Polo & i20 today in Monaco: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIgsHkPEHus

dimviii
12th January 2014, 20:26
https://scontent-b-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/9102_472352029543133_678073949_n.jpg

wwbroe
12th January 2014, 20:48
Hello,
I'm a French raIly and cartography fan. I would like to propose another way to make your recce. We created RallyVista an application which make the stages "alive" running a car through it. This program was launched last year for the Rallye International du Valais and we extended it to Monte-Carlo Rally.

To have a look on our site:
http://www.interacti...ali/rallyvista/

You can give me your feedback.

(we also have a Facebook page:
https://www.facebook...497685080344289 )

The link to your website that you are giving doesn't seem to work for me :(

KKS
12th January 2014, 21:00
http://www.interactiveinfluence.com/tec ... t=monaco14 (http://www.interactiveinfluence.com/techali/rallyvista/rally/monaco14.html?target=monaco14)

KKS
12th January 2014, 21:00
https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/p200x200/1609646_10151964799383952_1528477585_n.jpg
https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/p200x200/1510934_10151964800253952_1403036721_n.jpg
Looks like Protasov car livery so popular :)

wwbroe
12th January 2014, 21:16
http://www.interactiveinfluence.com/tec ... t=monaco14 (http://www.interactiveinfluence.com/techali/rallyvista/rally/monaco14.html?target=monaco14)

Ok, thanks KKS, now it is working just fine, intresting option to take a look at the stages. :)

Criterium
12th January 2014, 21:23
Sorry, I did not see that it gave a cut link.
Here are the right links:

http://www.interactiveinfluence.com/techali/rallyvista/

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-Vi ... 5080344289 (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-Vista/497685080344289)

Enjoy the simulation !

mousti
12th January 2014, 21:55
Good that they changed the rule about the names on rear window, now it's again how it should be :)

dimviii
12th January 2014, 21:56
Mikkelsen checking notes
http://distilleryimage3.ak.instagram.com/c8ec26307bac11e38d9212ba281a7a4b_8.jpg

EightGear
12th January 2014, 22:08
Good that they changed the rule about the names on rear window, now it's again how it should be :)

How do you mean?

Andre Oliveira
12th January 2014, 22:11

Hope, one day, see big white square as number like in past

mousti
12th January 2014, 22:23
List of tyres allowed in Monte Carlo

http://www.acm.mc/documents/4/BULLETIN_3.pdf

pettersolberg29
13th January 2014, 03:48
Up bright and early, and on my way to Monte Carlo - 2014 starts now!

HarriK
13th January 2014, 06:55
some day...some day... I will be in MC rally also as spectator. But not in this year yet... :/

litifeta
13th January 2014, 08:55
Thanks KKS. I can see you have done a lot of work on the project. It has heaps of potential.

thuGG
13th January 2014, 08:56
http://a.disquscdn.com/uploads/mediaemb ... iginal.jpg (http://a.disquscdn.com/uploads/mediaembed/images/786/7296/original.jpg)

dimviii
13th January 2014, 09:20
http://www.forum-rallye.com/uploads/mon ... 602009.jpg (http://www.forum-rallye.com/uploads/monthly_01_2014/post-1946-0-23034200-1389602009.jpg)
http://www.forum-rallye.com/uploads/mon ... 602263.jpg (http://www.forum-rallye.com/uploads/monthly_01_2014/post-1946-0-19689000-1389602263.jpg)
http://www.forum-rallye.com/uploads/mon ... 602917.jpg (http://www.forum-rallye.com/uploads/monthly_01_2014/post-1946-0-71771900-1389602917.jpg)
http://www.forum-rallye.com/uploads/mon ... 604602.jpg (http://www.forum-rallye.com/uploads/monthly_01_2014/post-3165-0-64890000-1389604602.jpg)
http://www.forum-rallye.com/uploads/mon ... 605392.jpg (http://www.forum-rallye.com/uploads/monthly_01_2014/post-3165-0-95802500-1389605392.jpg)
http://www.forum-rallye.com/uploads/mon ... 605463.jpg (http://www.forum-rallye.com/uploads/monthly_01_2014/post-3165-0-35155200-1389605463.jpg)

tommeke_B
13th January 2014, 09:53
Any updates regarding the weather? When I'm looking on the website of Meteo France it looks like it's going to be a normal tarmac rally? Most likely some rain but too warm for snowy conditions?

newfrank
13th January 2014, 10:04
Snowy weather on Thursday and Friday? Or a normal tarmac rally? :(

V.Gatev
13th January 2014, 10:13
Some information about live stages on Laola1.tv?

rage82
13th January 2014, 10:40

How do you mean?
I think he means that on both rear windows driver's name is first.

KKS
13th January 2014, 10:42
Thanks KKS. I can see you have done a lot of work on the project. It has heaps of potential.
It's not my project :). I was interested with this idea and just googled correct link. And share with others correct link :)

rage82
13th January 2014, 10:43
my beers please
http://www.forum-rallye.com/uploads/mon ... 521521.jpg (http://www.forum-rallye.com/uploads/monthly_01_2014/post-1946-0-91559700-1389521521.jpg)

http://www.forum-rallye.com/uploads/mon ... 521555.jpg (http://www.forum-rallye.com/uploads/monthly_01_2014/post-1946-0-97653100-1389521555.jpg)
Deal! When we meet someday in Acropolis:)

dimviii
13th January 2014, 11:08
http://www.forum-rallye.com/uploads/mon ... 610126.jpg (http://www.forum-rallye.com/uploads/monthly_01_2014/post-3165-0-37742800-1389610126.jpg)
http://www.forum-rallye.com/uploads/mon ... 610099.jpg (http://www.forum-rallye.com/uploads/monthly_01_2014/post-3165-0-68629500-1389610099.jpg)
http://www.forum-rallye.com/uploads/mon ... 610057.jpg (http://www.forum-rallye.com/uploads/monthly_01_2014/post-3165-0-98217800-1389610057.jpg)
http://www.forum-rallye.com/uploads/mon ... 609749.jpg (http://www.forum-rallye.com/uploads/monthly_01_2014/post-3165-0-24613600-1389609749.jpg)
http://www.forum-rallye.com/uploads/mon ... 609494.jpg (http://www.forum-rallye.com/uploads/monthly_01_2014/post-3165-0-97283100-1389609494.jpg)

dimviii
13th January 2014, 12:57
turini photos from Colin today
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bd2-m5pIAAAD486.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bd29Y_yIYAAnThR.jpg

RICARDO75
13th January 2014, 13:06
http://static.blogs.sudinfo.be/media/114/941076747.jpg

http://static.blogs.sudinfo.be/media/114/2573997738.jpg

RICARDO75
13th January 2014, 13:11
I think m-sport should switch the black livery to a lighter color after the winter or so, the crews will be cooked inside the Fiesta in the hottest rallies

bluuford
13th January 2014, 13:53
Sry. I am a bit too busy with all kind of everyday work. It will be extremely wet rally. Huge amounts of rain is expected and currently it looks like a few stages on the higher elevations should get some snow as well. However, snow is not expected to fall in less than 1000-1200 meters. But when it falls as a snow, then according to the precipitation amount prognosis.. it can be between 0.5-1m of snow for this weekend!

tommeke_B
13th January 2014, 13:58
Thanks for the info bluuford, I really appreciate it. Time to find my "Thierry Neuville" umbrella. :p

noel157
13th January 2014, 14:04
Any info on gravel/ice crews for VW/Citroen/MS Sport/Hyundai etc?
Presume Evans has his father and somebody working for him.

Mirek
13th January 2014, 14:06
Pluto posted on autosport.cz this:

+ Seb Ogier - Nicolas Vouilloz
+ JM Latvala - Toni Gardemeister
+ Andreas Mikkelsen - David Doppelreiter

+ Kris Meeke - Mark Higgins
+ Mads Ostberg - Morten Ostberg

+ Elyfn Evans - Gwyndaf Evans 6 Phil Mills
+ Mikko Hirvonen - Timo Kankkunen

+ Thierry Neuville - Bruno Thiry
+ Dani Sordo - Enrique Garcia Ojeda

Karukera
13th January 2014, 14:11
Arrived last week when it was sunny and hot in direct sunlight.
Today's cloudy, 13°C at sea level. Recced Turini with friends, mostly dry up there as per pictures show.
Downhills from usual tricky solid ice patches on some corners, shaded areas, north portions, including muddy snow, some wet to bone dry sections.
Local weather forecast : wet on Saturday improving on Sunday, light or melted snow not ruled out on Turini from today to Saturday.
Met and had a couple of beers with a bunch'a fans from various European countries. Fever's rising.

KKS
13th January 2014, 14:18
Any info on gravel/ice crews for VW/Citroen/MS Sport/Hyundai etc?
Presume Evans has his father and somebody working for him.
An addition to Mirek post
For ukrainian driver Yuri Protasov (Darnitsa Fiesta R5) have ice crew - E. Novikov

WUff1
13th January 2014, 14:28
I think m-sport should switch the black livery to a lighter color after the winter or so, the crews will be cooked inside the Fiesta in the hottest rallies

Yeah, I remember Skoda drivers complaining 2012 about their dark roofes.

thuGG
13th January 2014, 14:44
Pluto posted on autosport.cz this:

+ Seb Ogier - Nicolas Vouilloz
+ JM Latvala - Toni Gardemeister
+ Andreas Mikkelsen - David Doppelreiter

+ Kris Meeke - Mark Higgins
+ Mads Ostberg - Morten Ostberg

+ Elyfn Evans - Gwyndaf Evans 6 Phil Mills
+ Mikko Hirvonen - Timo Kankkunen

+ Thierry Neuville - Bruno Thiry
+ Dani Sordo - Enrique Garcia Ojeda

Kubica - Kuchar as far as I know

noel157
13th January 2014, 14:46
Good quality of support for the teams.
Thanks Mirek (and Pluto) & Thugg.

A FONDO
13th January 2014, 14:50
+ Protasov - Novikov & Sikk

Juha_Koo
13th January 2014, 15:33
Sikk not codriving Protasov because he's riding with Tänak this season?

RICARDO75
13th January 2014, 15:46
http://club.caradisiac.com/ee110/rallye-39852/photo/dsc_0797-3850840.html

http://club.caradisiac.com/ee110/rallye-39852/photo/dsc_0746-3850822.html

Kalm
13th January 2014, 15:54

No, Sikk is not driving with Tänak this season... He is not co-driving Protasov because Protasov`s sponsors liked to support ukrainians, Sikk is there to help them with the notes.

jliivak
13th January 2014, 16:00

No Tänak codriver will be Mõlder, as war as remeber from press conferense and the reason why Sikk isn't driving with Prostasov, is what I heard, that sponsors wanted to have a Ukrain codriver in the car, instead of Sikk.

Edit: Kalm was faster :)

dimviii
13th January 2014, 16:16
Arrived last week when it was sunny and hot in direct sunlight.
Today's cloudy, 13°C at sea level. Recced Turini with friends, mostly dry up there as per pictures show.
Downhills from usual tricky solid ice patches on some corners, shaded areas, north portions, including muddy snow, some wet to bone dry sections.
Local weather forecast : wet on Saturday improving on Sunday, light or melted snow not ruled out on Turini from today to Saturday.
Met and had a couple of beers with a bunch'a fans from various European countries. Fever's rising.

hope you dont forget us with live news from stages. :D
Have a nice rally with your friends.

https://scontent-b-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/hph ... 2045_n.jpg (https://scontent-b-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/q73/s720x720/1535631_263509787137877_682262045_n.jpg)
http://www.forum-rallye.com/uploads/mon ... 622636.jpg (http://www.forum-rallye.com/uploads/monthly_01_2014/post-3165-0-60569700-1389622636.jpg)
http://www.forum-rallye.com/uploads/mon ... 622657.jpg (http://www.forum-rallye.com/uploads/monthly_01_2014/post-3165-0-68549600-1389622657.jpg)
http://www.forum-rallye.com/uploads/mon ... 622680.jpg (http://www.forum-rallye.com/uploads/monthly_01_2014/post-3165-0-71112100-1389622680.jpg)
http://www.forum-rallye.com/uploads/mon ... 622715.jpg (http://www.forum-rallye.com/uploads/monthly_01_2014/post-3165-0-02427400-1389622715.jpg)
http://www.forum-rallye.com/uploads/mon ... 622258.jpg (http://www.forum-rallye.com/uploads/monthly_01_2014/post-1946-0-54711100-1389622258.jpg)
http://www.forum-rallye.com/uploads/mon ... 622310.jpg (http://www.forum-rallye.com/uploads/monthly_01_2014/post-1946-0-93138900-1389622310.jpg)
http://www.forum-rallye.com/uploads/mon ... 622403.jpg (http://www.forum-rallye.com/uploads/monthly_01_2014/post-1946-0-29646400-1389622403.jpg)
http://www.forum-rallye.com/uploads/mon ... 622476.jpg (http://www.forum-rallye.com/uploads/monthly_01_2014/post-1946-0-87093900-1389622476.jpg)
http://www.forum-rallye.com/uploads/mon ... 622527.jpg (http://www.forum-rallye.com/uploads/monthly_01_2014/post-1946-0-29883400-1389622527.jpg)
http://www.forum-rallye.com/uploads/mon ... 622718.jpg (http://www.forum-rallye.com/uploads/monthly_01_2014/post-1946-0-03662900-1389622718.jpg)

Juha_Koo
13th January 2014, 16:57
No, Sikk is not driving with Tänak this season... He is not co-driving Protasov because Protasov`s sponsors liked to support ukrainians, Sikk is there to help them with the notes.

No Tänak codriver will be Mõlder, as war as remeber from press conferense and the reason why Sikk isn't driving with Prostasov, is what I heard, that sponsors wanted to have a Ukrain codriver in the car, instead of Sikk.

Edit: Kalm was faster :)

Okay, thanks for the info! :)

dimviii
13th January 2014, 18:07
https://scontent-b-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/1484089_10152132870175733_1827114608_n.jpg

Karukera
13th January 2014, 18:42
hope you dont forget us with live news from stages. :D
Have a nice rally with your friends.

Thanks Dim. You should be there to enjoy the action, good beverages and i'm sure you'd have a good talk with one of the guys who's driving a Black Evo IX which he calls the best Evo of all :D

Jordib
13th January 2014, 19:06
Dani Sordo has Enrique Garcia Ojeda as ice/tarmac crew and for all the 2014 campaign. In Montecarlo he has Pablo Marcos in his right side, he is the new codriver for 'Cohete' Suarez also.

dimviii
13th January 2014, 19:26
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/17/zjv1.png

A FONDO
13th January 2014, 19:38
I never knew that TN is so tall

Frostmourne
13th January 2014, 19:57
I did not expect Ostberg to be that short!

A FONDO
13th January 2014, 20:20
So you missed to see last year's M-sport presentation :D

megadrive
13th January 2014, 20:22
Did anyone see wrc pikem monte carlo topic? It is 4 pages left and only 8 persons didnt think that Ogier win this race :)
WRC is getting boring...

N.O.T
13th January 2014, 21:05
Did anyone see wrc pikem monte carlo topic? It is 4 pages left and only 8 persons didnt think that Ogier win this race :)
WRC is getting boring...

don't watch it then... nobody forces you to do so.

Andre Oliveira
13th January 2014, 21:13
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bd4tT1OCUAAUOQi.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bd4x52TIEAAYlfr.jpg

dimviii
13th January 2014, 21:53
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bd4irXfIgAEp6rz.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bd4mnQ4CEAAgXnU.jpg
http://www.forum-rallye.com/uploads/monthly_01_2014/post-748-0-07516300-1389646916.jpg
http://www.forum-rallye.com/uploads/monthly_01_2014/post-9-0-40920500-1389648960.jpg
http://www.forum-rallye.com/uploads/monthly_01_2014/post-90-0-48754000-1389650729.jpg
http://www.forum-rallye.com/uploads/monthly_01_2014/post-90-0-86205500-1389650808.jpg
http://www.forum-rallye.com/uploads/monthly_01_2014/post-90-0-27359600-1389650821.jpg
http://www.forum-rallye.com/uploads/monthly_01_2014/post-90-0-08494800-1389650872.jpg

A FONDO
13th January 2014, 21:59
I do not want to know why you posted the 2nd and 4th picture

Andre Oliveira
13th January 2014, 22:12
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bd5HKVdIAAAvcQu.jpg

dimviii
13th January 2014, 22:22

for the 4th photo i can understant,for the 2nd photo whats the problem?

pettersolberg29
13th January 2014, 22:28
Well it's snowing up near our accommodation - 1200m up but it's a start!

tolis
13th January 2014, 22:32
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_qASwWzYxo

Juha_Koo
13th January 2014, 22:46
Chardonnet with DS3 R3T Max? Wasn't it supposed to be homologated around March? Or just promoting stickers?

mousti
13th January 2014, 23:03
Chardonnet with DS3 R3T Max? Wasn't it supposed to be homologated around March? Or just promoting stickers?
Just asked the same question in R3 topic :p

Puyan
13th January 2014, 23:33

On the 4th piture , it's jean Ragnotti ;)

pettersolberg29
14th January 2014, 07:31
Short summary - snowy up near Sigoyer. Sun burning it off quite quickly but looked spectacular at first!

dimviii
14th January 2014, 07:47
if you zoom at the map there are plenty of live cameras
http://www.inforoute05.fr/wir3/cameras.html

litifeta
14th January 2014, 08:14
how cool are those live cameras? are they on the course?

KKS
14th January 2014, 09:24
how cool are those live cameras? are they on the course?
Day1 dry
start day2 - wet and snow at roadside

Simorally86
14th January 2014, 09:45
Some pics from Monte Carlo, starting cerimony of the 2014 season!
https://www.facebook.com/csrallyphotos

Bartek
14th January 2014, 09:50
Can somebody tell me which stage will be live on TV? I have exams right now and can't search info about that, my professor isn't rally fan :(

dimviii
14th January 2014, 10:21
some nice photos at your page.
We wait live photos from stages and news.Every 10 photos 1 beer.

sp0+
14th January 2014, 10:33
some nice photos at your page.
We wait live photos from stages and news.Every 10 photos 1 beer.

plus 1 beer every ten photos from me too!!! :bounce: :bounce: