PDA

View Full Version : Thanksgiving

Rollo
29th November 2013, 10:45
Quite apart from any religious connotations that the holiday might have, it's always a good idea to reflect on what you can be thankful for.

I am thankful for my wife who keeps me grounded in sanity... (if you can call it that).
I am thankful for people like my sister who do yukky jobs like cleaning bed pans and mishaps from the old and infirmed.
For the bus drivers and supermarket checkout operators, cleaners and store hands. The people who do mundane jobs, who wish they were somewhere else and yet make society run cohesively.

Yay America, you gave us all a date which is worthwhile and noble.

What can you be thankful for?

555-04Q2
29th November 2013, 12:36
I'm thankful for my family and friends. They are a great support group.

Also for the little things in life, like watching my sons grow up, watching our beautiful African sunsets etc simple things like that :)

gadjo_dilo
29th November 2013, 14:24
I'm thankful for Mark who's running this forum where I could speak to you.
I'm thankful for the few wonderful guys who still post on Word Games forum.
Otherwise I'm not enjoyinng life so I can't see a reason to be thankful for.

steveaki13
29th November 2013, 17:55
I'm thankful for Mark who's running this forum where I could speak to you.
I'm thankful for the few wonderful guys who still post on Word Games forum.
Otherwise I'm not enjoyinng life so I can't see a reason to be thankful for.

I am thankful you are still posting with us Gadjo. You make the word game section fun too. :)

I too am thankful for all my friends and family.
I agree with Rollo, I am thankful to everyone who does what is need to make a society run, and am equally unthankful to those who take western society for granted and make others a misery.

I am thankful for my health meaning that I can still play sports with friends which is one of my most important things to me.

I am thankful for Science too.

Finally I am thankful for the guys on this forum. (Well most guys on the forum anyway). :devil: