PDA

View Full Version : WRGB pickem entry open- NOTE Closes 13/14-11 Midnight

Mintexmemory
4th November 2013, 14:13
Just in time for the finale the Pickems results are now up to date - just added the France and Spain results
2 different winners making 12 /12 different winners so far this year
None of the top 5 have won a round this season and those who backed Loeb for France and then Sordo for Spain have dropped down the order (sad if this was a genuine choice / serves them right if it was anti-Ogier bias!).
So with one round to go only Koceens and tolis have a realistic chance of the overall victory. Nornbugger has hauled up to 3rd but would have to win with Koceens finishing outside the top 53 to overhaul the remaining difference.
Best of luck in choosing the last pick of 2013
JML / SO / MO / MH is my top 4 which should just be enough for JML to take 2nd in the Championship.

Any interest in the WRC-2 category anyone?

BleAivano
4th November 2013, 16:08
There is a problem, The Pickem list is empty.

"World Rally Championship : Rally GB
Event date : 2013-11-17, Event deadline :
Today : 2013-11-04
AFTER DEADLINE
PICKEM OPEN

The deadline for choosing the picks has passed, the event has yet to be scored"

Link: listpickem.php?series=rally&round=13 (http://www.motorsportforums.com/listpickem.php?series=rally&round=13)

Mintexmemory
4th November 2013, 17:07
There is a problem, The Pickem list is empty.

"World Rally Championship : Rally GB
Event date : 2013-11-17, Event deadline :
Today : 2013-11-04
AFTER DEADLINE
PICKEM OPEN

The deadline for choosing the picks has passed, the event has yet to be scored"

Link: listpickem.php?series=rally&round=13 (http://www.motorsportforums.com/listpickem.php?series=rally&round=13)

Technical hitch, Mark will be activating a little later - the deadline has been set at midnight 13/14 Nov so we should be ready to roll soon. I beg your patience a little longer.

jiipee64
4th November 2013, 17:13
Rallye France total success.
I was there.
Won the Pickems...

\m/ Wo-hooo

Mintexmemory
4th November 2013, 18:10
I was there.
Won the Pickems...

\m/ Wo-hooo

:D Congratulations - The only person in the top 47 not to waste a pick on Loeb! Are you psychic?

A FONDO
4th November 2013, 18:31
I was there.
Won the Pickems...

\m/ Wo-hooo

:D Congratulations - The only person in the top 47 not to waste a pick on Loeb!
:laugh:

congratulations indeed - the fortune loves the brave!

jiipee64
4th November 2013, 20:04
Went to Spa this year to see Kimi on podium...
Went to France to see Loeb winning his last rally...

There is a pattern developing....

Mintexmemory
5th November 2013, 15:29
Went to Spa this year to see Kimi on podium...
Went to France to see Loeb winning his last rally...

There is a pattern developing....
Really hope you aren't going to Wales to see JML win ;)

Anyhoo - gremlins fixed and Pickem is live for the final time this year. I shall contact the winner in the week following Wales (when I've dried out and washed all my muddy clothes) to offer them the choice of autographed rally photo for them to hang on their wall.

A FONDO
5th November 2013, 15:45
I am bolder in my DNF predictions now - I have nothing to lose in this final round

Mintexmemory
8th November 2013, 19:51
Cmon Nornbugger put in your wild card pick and create a problem for the top 2. Otherwise they will both wait for the last minute and Koceens will try to mirror tolis to keep the gap! (should be able to make this confidential in future but Mark has really had to work hard to get the show back on the road over the past couple of months).
Higgins / Evans / Cave for WRC2/R5 category
Cronin/ Korhonen / Chardonnet for Formula Citroen

Mintexmemory
11th November 2013, 17:38
Please note all entries have to be made before 0001 GMT on 14-11-13. IGNORE the close date given on the entry link. Any picks posted after this time willl not be calculated.

Jajá
19th November 2013, 15:31
It looks like pickem results for RallyGB have a problem, as Sordo appears in 3rd and in 7th... just a minor check... :)

Mintexmemory
19th November 2013, 15:39
It looks like pickem results for RallyGB have a problem, as Sordo appears in 3rd and in 7th... just a minor check... :)
Thank you I will rectify this error!!

Rallyper
19th November 2013, 16:16
Well, 35 overall not having picked Ogier as a winner in any round, but one (?) and that one he didnt win if I remember correctly. :D
Looking forward to next year. Keep on the good work! :bounce:

EightGear
19th November 2013, 16:22
Surprised to take 3rd place here and end up 8th overall after my first 'pickem-season.' :)

Thanks to the people who organised it!

Rallyper
19th November 2013, 16:28
Surprised to take 3rd place here and end up 8th overall after my first 'pickem-season.' :)

Maybe you picked Ogier as winner every round? ;)

EightGear
19th November 2013, 16:32

Not every. But we're here to predict, not to share our hopes, right?

Rallyper
19th November 2013, 17:18

Not every. But we're here to predict, not to share our hopes, right?

True. But I havent got that in my mind yet... Too much heart everytime.

Mintexmemory
19th November 2013, 17:56
Since discussion has started, congratulations to Koceens - I've PMd him with the choice of autographed WRC photo for his prize, I'll announce his choice when made.

Some of the more observant among you may have noticed that Mark made a mistake in scheduling the closing time for the WRGB Pickem. I publicised the correct time on the WRC forum and any sensible person would have realised that it wasn't intended that a pick could be made after the event had started. Nonetheless 5 people (and you know who you are) thought they'd try to pull a fast one. We had your posting times and all 5 were deleted from the final result (I smelled something like a rodent when the last 2 entries posted calculated up in my original result input as 1st and 2nd place!!!)

J.Lindstroem
19th November 2013, 20:53
I was one of them, this is a bit embarrasing for me but i just want to say sorry to all of you guys for trying to cheat. Can't explain why i did it, i guess i just wanted to see what happend. Anyway, I'm happy that you found it out and deleted my Pickens.

Again, sorry guys.

Mintexmemory
19th November 2013, 21:32
I was one of them, this is a bit embarrasing for me but i just want to say sorry to all of you guys for trying to cheat. Can't explain why i did it, i guess i just wanted to see what happend. Anyway, I'm happy that you found it out and deleted my Pickens.

Again, sorry guys.

No Problem - thanks for your frank admission, and you are still welcome to try by fair means again next year ;)

Whether you had managed to fool me or not - the round was won by yet another different player - so no one managed more than 1 round win and the o/a winner didn't win a round at all.
Both Mark and I are having a good laugh at JL's confession - Are you a Catholic by any chance?

Rallyper
19th November 2013, 22:03
[/quote]

Both Mark and I are having a good laugh at JL's confession - Are you a Catholic by any chance?[/quote]

And you and Mark are the rally-priests having the confession, giving the indulgence letter? :erm:

Mintexmemory
19th November 2013, 22:09
Both Mark and I are having a good laugh at JL's confession - Are you a Catholic by any chance?[/quote]

And you and Mark are the rally-priests having the confession, giving the indulgence letter? :erm:[/quote]

I don't know if Mark is Ted or Dougall but I'm definitely Father Jack!

TyPat107
20th November 2013, 07:57
Sorry I didn't mean to "Cheat". I am half the world away and when I woke up I thought "I'm not forgetting my pickems again!" and that rally had already started. :( there's always next year.

Mark
20th November 2013, 09:47
I don't know if Mark is Ted or Dougall but I'm definitely Father Jack!

Careful now :D