PDA

View Full Version : Abu Driver of the Race

steveaki13
3rd November 2013, 20:34
No thread for this so maybe people aren't interested, but still I want to vote. :dog:

Driver of the Race: Seb - He was stunning again today and could have won by a minute but for team ordering patience.

Other mentions:
Rosberg - Solid drive to battle Mark so hard and get a podium.
Grosjean - Also another solid race for more points.
di Resta - After some real dodgy races, he stayed calm and claimed a fine 6th.
Maldonado - Did an OK job with that Williams. Deserved a point.

Tazio
3rd November 2013, 20:40
Fred! :stareup: :p

tfp
3rd November 2013, 20:44
Vettel. He's stated on f1.com that it was close to perfect. He needs to try watching it! Although it would be a good cure for insomnia.

The Black Knight
3rd November 2013, 21:10
DiResta and Vettel.

Crushing performance from Vettel and redemption for Paul after such bad luck lately.

anfield5
4th November 2013, 00:46
Not actually a driver, but I vote for me.

The race was at a stupid time 2am, and I'll be buggered if I'm going to stay up until 4am to watch a bore-fest like this (how do I know it was a snoozathon of a race? 2 reasons 1. it is Abu Dhabi ans 2. I bored myself silly reading race reports this morning), so missing it was probably the man of ther match performance.

Robinho
4th November 2013, 05:16
can't look past Seb again. its not just the pace (which is impressive) as other drivers seem to pull out a similar lap here and there, but its the consistency of pace and the ability to lengthen a stint at the same time, that is what is killing everyone else. Although the consistency and tyre management are easier when you're running in clear air, its still quite a feat what h emanaged today.

Grosjean also ran well again, as Di Resta deserves a mention for a very good 1 stopper

555-04Q2
4th November 2013, 06:36
The Seb. The guy is just unstoppable at the moment. Devastating performance again. Now for the 9 wins in a row and 13 wins in a season records.

Big Ben
4th November 2013, 08:26
I name myself too. I did an excellent drive to a nice place nearby for a good relaxing 9k run instead of wasting my time with this.

555-04Q2
4th November 2013, 08:36
:rotflmao:

jens
4th November 2013, 13:39
Vettel. Was watching live stream on Internet and even commentators were discussing, how can Vettel make tyres both last longer and still go faster than Webber. Remarkable skill in this day and era.

Rosberg. Put up a good fight against Webber.

Alonso. Good comeback drive and some good strategy in the end to get a decent result after being in traffic most of the race.

Di Resta. Managed to maximise the potential of the tyre-friendly Force India.

Maldonado. Steveaki made a good point by mentioning him. I hardly saw him all race, then in the end I noticed he was behind Sutil-Pérez group catching Vergne and then finished 11th.

N. Jones
4th November 2013, 14:51
Vettel. Oh my he was on a different planet.

Mia 01
4th November 2013, 17:03
Had to be Seb, but, he did what he was supposed to do, only a tad better.

My favourite was Nico Rosberg in this race. Clever and good overtaking to.

steveaki13
4th November 2013, 19:59
Maldonado. Steveaki made a good point by mentioning him. I hardly saw him all race, then in the end I noticed he was behind Sutil-Pérez group catching Vergne and then finished 11th.

Call me Steve, Jens. ;)

I too was impressed by Maldonado. He raced so well to finish 11th and even Bottas could have done better without the late 2nd stop.

jens
5th November 2013, 11:16
Call me Steve, Jens. ;)

Ok I'll keep in mind, mate.:D