PDA

View Full Version : Driver of the Race - India

N4D13
27th October 2013, 12:04
Well, my vote goes to Grosjean. Surely going from 17th to 3rd with one just stop and beating Kimi at his own game deserves a mention. ;)

henners88
27th October 2013, 12:05
Vettel for winning the race and the championship and Grosjean for making up so much ground. :)

Dave B
27th October 2013, 12:07
Grosjean. Made a strange strategy work, and showed Kimi that he wasn't going to be pushed around any more.

Sutil too nursed his tyres to perfection, and Vettel obviously for doing what he does best.

gm99
27th October 2013, 12:07
Vettel - that's how you win a championship in style.
Grosjean - great drive from the back of the field onto the podium.
Perez - great pass and did well to finish 5th while his team-mate was nowhere at all.

donKey jote
27th October 2013, 12:08
Gro, Checo, and ......

Massa :devil: :p :andrea:

Ranger
27th October 2013, 12:12
Grosjean - 17th to 3rd.

Tazio
27th October 2013, 12:16
Gro, Checo, and ......

Massa :devil: :p :andrea:
Agreed, but I'd throw Britney in as well! :angel:

steveaki13
27th October 2013, 12:17
Driver of the Race: Romain Grosjean - 17th to 3rd on a one stop. Brilliant job.

Champion of the Race: Sebastian Vettel - Drove brilliantly in that car again to win another race and title. And gave the crowd a great celebration.

Other Mentions:
Perez- A fine drive to score good points.
Sutil - For somehow getting 9th on those soft tyres.
Chilton - Finished ahead of Bianchi and drove well today.

webberf1
27th October 2013, 12:20
Has to be Vettel today. He didn't put a foot wrong.
Grosjean second. Hasn't he stepped up nicely in the second half of this year!
And Perez third. Proving all those utter dumbasses that think he doesn't have it wrong. The kid has had a rough year, but you don't know squat about F1 if you don't realise his talent. He'll be good in the last few races this year and he will step up another level next year - provided the car isnt a dog.

Koz
27th October 2013, 12:29
Grosjean, grand drive.

Vettel, as always in his own league.
Perez, another good drive.

Massa much better than the usual broken spirit.

zako85
27th October 2013, 12:40
Vettel was very good, but let us look at the drivers who finished in p2-p5:

Rosberg
Grosjean
Massa
Perez

Most people would regard these guys as the "number 2" or "the slower guy in the team". And yet, there you go. The "secondary" drivers of the teams ranked two through five take second, third, fourth, and fifth places in the race. A pretty remarkable GP I must say. All of the top 5 guys did amazing job. However, the most impressive probably was Grosjean who started from p17.

longisland
27th October 2013, 12:42
Ro Gro! Seb for able to clear the traffic. Sutil for running 37 laps. Shouldn't F India be getting a reprimand for running beyond the tire limit?

DexDexter
27th October 2013, 13:10
Perez gets the nod for me, drove the best race of his Mclaren career. Grosjean also drove well, an Kimi as well, even if the team botched his strategy and pitstop.

F1boat
27th October 2013, 16:05
Vettel :)

dj_bytedisaster
27th October 2013, 17:37
Driver of the race - RoGro, no contest. 17th to 3rd is just brilliant. He really upped his game this year.

Honourable mention to Vettel for for trolling his team:

(during the race)
Rocky: "Seb, don't even think about it!"
Seb: <fastest lap>

(on the victory lap)
Team: "Pickup [tyre marbles], yadda, yadda. Bring it to parc fermé"
Seb: Lick my arse. I'm going to do donuts.

pino
27th October 2013, 17:47
Grosjean
Rosberg
Massa

The Black Knight
27th October 2013, 19:28
Grosjean is definitely my driver of the race. I think he's beginning to show up Kimi's limitations as a driver. These are the same limitations that I think are going to allow Alonso blow him to the wall next year.

COD
27th October 2013, 23:54
Vettel. For the dominant performance but specially for the donoughts. Just silly from FIA to fine Red Bull 25000$ for giving the fans a good show

rjbetty
28th October 2013, 01:48
Grosjean is definitely my driver of the race. I think he's beginning to show up Kimi's limitations as a driver. These are the same limitations that I think are going to allow Alonso blow him to the wall next year.

I agree with you. I'm quite a fan of Grosjean - I realised this when I noticed his is one of the few names I especially look out for on the results sheets. :)

I do think Vettel too today, and Nico Rosberg for beating Lewis fair and square (unfortunately as I support Lewis).

Unfortunately I am concerned about Alonso and feel he has been really losing his edge and is on the slippery slope down though, very sadly... I have no doubt that in almost any year Alonso would have fairly destroyed him.

airshifter
28th October 2013, 03:35
Driver of the race has to be Grosjean for me. There were a lot of good drivers on track today despite the obvious poor choices in strategy, and Romain did and excellent job. Seb for making it work starting on the softs.

Tazio
28th October 2013, 04:28
http://i.imgur.com/IJQPDnE.jpg

Rogro for emasculating Kimi :devil: :stareup:

Storm
28th October 2013, 05:04
I am getting fed up of F1 (again). I got back into it this year only for this to turn into another 2004.
Unless something major happens and we have 2/3 teams battling it out next year, I think many fans might get turned off.
No one wants to keep watching records being broken. without a fight atleast.

Robinho
28th October 2013, 05:36
it would be sily not to include Seb, pretty much flawless today, and it seems the car was trying to give up at the end also. Grosjean for a great drive from the back on a 1 stopper, very impressive pace, and also Perez good points from a good race

Storm
28th October 2013, 06:24
I would actually like to see his car give up for once rather than just trying to give up as we have been told a few times...while his team-mates car does give up often enough.

555-04Q2
28th October 2013, 08:44
The winner...of the race...and the WDC...non other than the sublime Seb!

anfield5
29th October 2013, 00:53
Grosjean from 17th on the grid (after a mistake by the team) to third was outstanding. Perez and Massa both drove very well and deserve a lot of credit amd Vettel for winning the race, the title etc and deciding to flaunt the rules about celebrating.

dj_bytedisaster
29th October 2013, 12:07
I would actually like to see his car give up for once rather than just trying to give up as we have been told a few times...while his team-mates car does give up often enough.

You saw that in Silverstone if memory serves me right. That Webber's car dies more often than Vettel's is a myth. Yes, it happened a couple of times last year and this year, but people forget that in 2009 and 2010 it was Vettel, who took the brunt of the mechanical maladies. Until early 2012 the reliability statictics were massively in favour of Mark. It merely 'levelled out' this year, which makes it look excessive.
We also often don't get to know about the issues of Vettel's car because he's so often in a comfortable lead. For instance his alternator was far from fresh on sunday, too. They merely had the time to do something about it, alerted to the problem by Mark's DNF. For instance he was asked to switch off KERS and even not to use the drinks bottle to avoid any unneccessary load on the wounded component. Many of RB's 2013 problems are of a thermal nature. The car is packed so tightly that cooling becomes tricky. In a way Vettel makes his own luck. He is usually upfront with clean (and importantly cool air), Mark's car mostly ingests the pre-heated air from the cars in the pack ahead of him. Also Mark's bigger frame compunds the problem.

Bagwan
29th October 2013, 18:38

You saw that in Silverstone if memory serves me right. That Webber's car dies more often than Vettel's is a myth. Yes, it happened a couple of times last year and this year, but people forget that in 2009 and 2010 it was Vettel, who took the brunt of the mechanical maladies. Until early 2012 the reliability statictics were massively in favour of Mark. It merely 'levelled out' this year, which makes it look excessive.
We also often don't get to know about the issues of Vettel's car because he's so often in a comfortable lead. For instance his alternator was far from fresh on sunday, too. They merely had the time to do something about it, alerted to the problem by Mark's DNF. For instance he was asked to switch off KERS and even not to use the drinks bottle to avoid any unneccessary load on the wounded component. Many of RB's 2013 problems are of a thermal nature. The car is packed so tightly that cooling becomes tricky. In a way Vettel makes his own luck. He is usually upfront with clean (and importantly cool air), Mark's car mostly ingests the pre-heated air from the cars in the pack ahead of him. Also Mark's bigger frame compunds the problem.

Nice response there , dj .
Well reasoned .

There is , though , the issue of Mark's starts , which the team doesn't seem able to solve .

That , too , could be related to your point about weight , with Mark being bigger , making less ballasting available .
That may make the car a little hobbled for Mark to start with , in that sense .

anfield5
29th October 2013, 19:58
That could be absolutely correct. I guess the only way to know if Marks slow starts are due to him being huge and fat (1.85m tall or in olde english 6 feet and 75 kg or 11st 11(hell one of my legs is nearly as heavy as he is!)) or if his reactions are slightly slow

Brown, Jon Brow
29th October 2013, 20:23
Mark couldn't make good starts when he was a Jaguar driver.

steveaki13
30th October 2013, 00:46
Mark couldn't make good starts when he was a Jaguar driver.

Remember the 2004 Malaysian GP? when he started 2nd and bogged down and was soon 15th and clashing front wings and then retiring.

edv
30th October 2013, 20:11
Maybe not the Driver of the race, but this guy performed well by catching something after the end of the race.....

http://imgur.com/gallery/vrMw250

555-04Q2
31st October 2013, 06:51
Maybe not the Driver of the race, but this guy performed well by catching something after the end of the race.....

http://imgur.com/gallery/vrMw250

LOL he's got the "I'm number one" finger to the tee! :p: