View Full Version : Donkey-san of the race

donKey jote
13th October 2013, 09:13
stoopid Ferrari for getting stuck behind Hulk :p
stoopid Massa for speeding in the pit lane
stoopid Pirellis on the Mercedes :dork:

dj_bytedisaster
13th October 2013, 09:31
Mark for being unable to overtake a car on shot shot tyres, while running fresh options himself
Mercedes for a rotten weekend all around
Kimmi and Alonso for being nowhere most of the race and only waking up 5 laps from home

N4D13
13th October 2013, 09:34
Normally I'd nominate Red Bull because I feel that they screwed up Webber's race (again) but at the end of the day they got a 1-2 with Vettel in front so it couldn't have gone any better for them. Webber also gets a cookie for obvious reasons.

truefan72
13th October 2013, 09:43
Mark for being unable to overtake a car on shot shot tyres, while running fresh options himself
Mercedes for a rotten weekend all around
Kimmi and Alonso for being nowhere most of the race and only waking up 5 laps from home
:up:

could not have said it better myself

Tazio
13th October 2013, 09:44
Both punked The German HulK... badly when it mattrered. So that makes Hulk a bigger donkey than Fred.
Kimi was a donkley because he dorked out on the start and lost a bunch of places. Fred was driver of the race!

webberf1
13th October 2013, 09:51
Lotus for putting Grosjean out way too long on the final stint. If they'd matched Vettel's strategy he would have won.

dj_bytedisaster
13th October 2013, 09:53
[quote="dj_bytedisaster":2ye94kwj]
Both punked The German HulK... badly when it mattrered. So that makes Hulk a bigger donkey than Fred.
Kimi was a donkley because he dorked out on the start and lost a bunch of places. Fred was driver of the race![/quote:2ye94kwj]

Didn't your parents teach you not to sniff glue ? :laugh: ;)

Tazio
13th October 2013, 09:56
Rogro punked Kimi

Rogro punked Kimi

Rogro punked Kimi :dog:

Tazio
13th October 2013, 09:57
[quote="Mr Alca-Tazizzle":hm93qsrz][quote="dj_bytedisaster":hm93qsrz]
Kimi was a donkley because he dorked out on the start and lost a bunch of places. Fred was driver of the race![/quote:hm93qsrz]

Didn't your parents teach you not to sniff glue ? :laugh: ;)[/quote:hm93qsrz]
Fuck you you dildo breathed bastard!

donKey jote
13th October 2013, 10:00
and it's Lorenzo, Pedrosa, Márquez, Rossi into turn 4

whoah Rossi punks Márquez

no, he gets it back

bautista nabs Rossi

Rossi hits back

sheesh

Parabolica
13th October 2013, 10:40
Hamilton.

For doing exactly what Grosjean did in Spa last year.

Thug in a helmet. That's all he'll ever be.

Parabolica
13th October 2013, 10:42
And Massa.

Speeding in the pitlane, costing valuable constructors points after Hamilton and Mercedes do their best to present gifts.

Idiota.

dj_bytedisaster
13th October 2013, 10:42
Hamilton.

For doing exactly what Grosjean did in Spa last year.

Thug in a helmet. That's all he'll ever be.

:eek:

RoGro nearly chopped Alonso's head off at Spa last year. Hamilton slashed his own tyre when he clipped Vettel's front wing. How is that exactly the same? :confused:

webberf1
13th October 2013, 10:43
[quote="dj_bytedisaster":24nig8xb]
Kimi was a donkley because he dorked out on the start and lost a bunch of places. Fred was driver of the race!

Didn't your parents teach you not to sniff glue ? :laugh: ;)
Fuck you you dildo breathed bastard![/quote:24nig8xb]
I'm liking the post-race action here :D

Whyzars
13th October 2013, 10:45
I'd be making all drivers who didn't finish on the podium submit a urine sample.

35secs to 4th place makes a mockery of the entire race. What the heck is going on in F1?

Throw in the stewards as well. Why were drive through penalties the flavour of the day when they have barely been used all year?

Could they finally have realised that screwing a drivers next race is not the way to go or is this an end of season thing?

I love F1 but cannot stomach the DRS, the rules and the fuel management that is ruining the races.

I'm watching Webber try to pass Grosjean and in the back of my mind I'm thinking his engine might be turned down. He had the tyres and Vettel cruised past Grosjean with no problem. When Webber eventually gets the job done both cars have DRS open and I am flummoxed. I know Grosjean stumbled at the last turn but he was well clear coming into the straight and the only difference was that it was starting the last lap.

A confusing and disjointed race, run and won by desk jockeys - only my opinion of course.

henners88
13th October 2013, 11:50
I can't think of any donkeys for this race yet. Some good racing all round and some unlucky drives too.

tjoepie
13th October 2013, 12:03
Mercedes - trying to broadside Perez with Rosberg's car

dj_bytedisaster
13th October 2013, 12:07
Mercedes - trying to broadside Perez with Rosberg's car

Other way 'round. Perez tried to nerf Rosberg off the track. Not the first time this season that he's reverted to such antics. Probably watched a few too many Schumacher videos.

tjoepie
13th October 2013, 12:25
I was referring to the unsafe release... Are we talking about different incidents?

DexDexter
13th October 2013, 12:32
No particular donkeys for me. Kimi botched the start but finished fifth in a car that was capable of finishing 3rd when starting from the front, so not a donkey performance to me.

dj_bytedisaster
13th October 2013, 12:37
I was referring to the unsafe release... Are we talking about different incidents?

Obviously, sorry. I thought you're talking about the incident at Spoon. BTW, it looks as if the unsafe release was Rosberg's mistake not the team's. The light wasn't green yet, but blinking yellow when he took off out of the pits.

tjoepie
13th October 2013, 13:07
Obviously, sorry. I thought you're talking about the incident at Spoon. BTW, it looks as if the unsafe release was Rosberg's mistake not the team's. The light wasn't green yet, but blinking yellow when he took off out of the pits.

Ah, yay. It looks like I nominated my own driver for donkey of the race then. :hmph:

Parabolica
13th October 2013, 13:22
So, how come, when Romain s aggressive at the start he is reckless, but when Lewis does it he is unlucky?

Because Fanboyz are blind, presumably.

Hamilton tried to force his way into a gap that was never going to be there. Sebastian can't evaporate into thin air Lewis. Perhaps if you had intelligence you would know that.

Reckless endangerment of others is a sure sign of a thugs mentality.

dj_bytedisaster
13th October 2013, 13:37
So, how come, when Romain s aggressive at the start he is reckless, but when Lewis does it he is unlucky?

Hamilton tried to force his way into a gap that was never going to be there. Sebastian can't evaporate into thin air Lewis. Perhaps if you had intelligence you would know that.

I'm probably the last to be accused of being a Hamilton fanboi, but there is simply no way to compare Spa '12 and today's race. RoGro almost got a competitor killed by reckless and mindless driving, while Lewis merely made an error of judgement, when he was boxed in between the two RB's. He damaged Vettels front wing, but the most damage was done to himself.

Those small mistakes happen in the hectic starts. Remember Fernando at Malaysia, when he cluttered into Vettel?
RoGro last year often drove at the start as if he was playing an arcade game with an invincible cheat.

A FONDO
13th October 2013, 16:22
Veber is the ultimate donkey, if he couldn't win with such opportunity, what more will he need to achieve it before the season ends?
Mercedes for perhaps the unsafest release I've seen from a looong time.

anfield5
13th October 2013, 20:59
Red Bull for being completely focused on ONE driver. The tactics used for Webber ensured he had no chance of beating Vettel. Mercedes car controller for not bothering to look and see if the lane was clear before releasing Nico

A FONDO
13th October 2013, 21:22
pfft come on, webbo couldnt overtake a two-stopper for 7 laps, while vettel did it immediately. and why do you think webber pitted 3 laps earlier in the first stint? - he finished his tyres because of his own lower downforce settings

dj_bytedisaster
13th October 2013, 23:06
Red Bull for being completely focused on ONE driver. The tactics used for Webber ensured he had no chance of beating Vettel. Mercedes car controller for not bothering to look and see if the lane was clear before releasing Nico

According to that bit of logic, Ferrari would have had to be donkey of the race each and every time since the 1996 Australian GP :laugh:
Ever heard of tactics? They were 2 RBs vs 1 Lotus. Had they left both on a 2-stopper, there was a 50% chance that Lotus manage to cover them an RoGro wins. By switching one car to a 3 stopper, Lotus had to decide whether to cover Webber or Vettel, so almost a 100% chance that at least one of them would be ahead of RoGro at the end, since he can't cover two cars on different strategies. Lotus took the bait and lost out.
I agree with you they were focused on one driver only - his name is Romain Grosjean, because that's the guy they wanted to beat - and they did.

ShiftingGears
13th October 2013, 23:33

This is total rubbish, if Grosjean hadn't had an amazing start Hamilton would've been in second in Turn 1. In the end it was a racing incident and claiming he is a thug is frankly ridiculous.

anfield5
14th October 2013, 00:21
pfft come on, webbo couldnt overtake a two-stopper for 7 laps, while vettel did it immediately. and why do you think webber pitted 3 laps earlier in the first stint? - he finished his tyres because of his own lower downforce settings

I agree that if you compare Webber to Vettel, there is quite frankly no comparison, Vettel is a far better driver than Mark, this is not really a shot at Webber, just a simple fact. I would suggest that the decision to 3 stop Webber was put in place before the start of the race, assuming that Webber was going to be ahead and able to gap the field, but as has become his custom, he had an average start and was unable to carry out the plan.

anfield5
14th October 2013, 00:25

This is total rubbish, if Grosjean hadn't had an amazing start Hamilton would've been in second in Turn 1. In the end it was a racing incident and claiming he is a thug is frankly ridiculous.

I don't normally disagree too much with Parabolica's posts, but this time I will have to.

Both RedBulls were tardy off the start and Hamilton got a blinder, and there was a gap between them, unfortunately this gap narrowed befor Hamilton was through it (he was 95% of the way there). There was no over-aggresive move from Ham, and no way Vettel could move right, so it was just a racing incident. It astounds me how many 'racing incidents' Vettel is involved in that leave him without a mark on his car.

JasonPotato
14th October 2013, 00:44
Pirelli for me. There tyres are just rubbish, more punctures than ever before. The slightest bit of bodywork that hits the tyre and you get a puncture. Should just have 1 tyre which can last the full distance of the race and have compulsory pit stops so they have to pit atleast once. While your at it, get rid of DRS too. Then we can watch a proper race.

dj_bytedisaster
14th October 2013, 01:34
There was no over-aggresive move from Ham, and no way Vettel could move right, so it was just a racing incident. It astounds me how many 'racing incidents' Vettel is involved in that leave him without a mark on his car.

There was damage to his front wing, which compromised the balance a bit. It was just not big enough to warrant a new nose and the attached loss of time in the pits.

Rollo
14th October 2013, 04:31
Webber - for saying before the race that he wasn't going to help Vettel, and then not even being good enough not to help Vettel.

If it's any consolation Mr Webber, other Australians in Red Bull cars also could only manage 2nd and 3rd this weekend.

Koz
14th October 2013, 05:04
Webber for failing to overtake Gosjean for soooooo long on fresh options when Vet jumped him on primes.

Webber, please watch a replay and learn from the champ.

Also, Merc pit release.

A FONDO
14th October 2013, 11:08

I agree that if you compare Webber to Vettel, there is quite frankly no comparison, Vettel is a far better driver than Mark, this is not really a shot at Webber, just a simple fact. I would suggest that the decision to 3 stop Webber was put in place before the start of the race, assuming that Webber was going to be ahead and able to gap the field, but as has become his custom, he had an average start and was unable to carry out the plan.
http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2013/10/13/2 ... t-stops-2/ (http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2013/10/13/2013-japanese-grand-prix-tyre-strategies-and-pit-stops-2/)

555-04Q2
14th October 2013, 13:13
Pirelli for me. There tyres are just rubbish, more punctures than ever before. The slightest bit of bodywork that hits the tyre and you get a puncture. Should just have 1 tyre which can last the full distance of the race and have compulsory pit stops so they have to pit atleast once. While your at it, get rid of DRS too. Then we can watch a proper race.

What is with everyone ragging Pirelli, FFS? They have supplied exactly what they were asked to supply, now go cr@p on the people who asked them to make the tyres in the first place!!!!!

steveaki13
17th October 2013, 23:43
I'd be making all drivers who didn't finish on the podium submit a urine sample.

35secs to 4th place makes a mockery of the entire race. What the heck is going on in F1?

Come on. Its not that uncommon. Back in the 80s and 90s two or three cars would lap the field. And when Ferrari were dominant they would pull 30 seconds over the rest easily before easing off.

Anyway Donkeys.

hmmm.

Maybe Massa for speeding.

donKey jote
19th October 2013, 23:29
Pirelli for me. Should just have 1 tyre which can last the full distance of the race and have compulsory pit stops so they have to pit atleast once.

maybe they should shorten the races or force a pit stop every x laps. Oh wait, wrong forum. :dork:

stoopid Bridgestone (http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2013/race+direction+decision+for+phillip+island+race) :p :sailor:

Tazio
20th October 2013, 01:12

Come on. Its not that uncommon. Back in the 80s and 90s two or three cars would lap the field. And when Ferrari were dominant they would pull 30 seconds over the rest easily before easing off.

Also Riccarrdo starting on primes had already held up the field behind him (p4) about 17 sec's before he pitted on lap 21, but that is racing. Fair play to him! :dork: :) After that what is the point of thrashing your lump if you have no chance of gaining a position barring a catastrophe in front of you, especially when you have a limited number of lumps to use for the season? :dork: :) ?