PDA

View Full Version : Korean Kimi of the race

donKey jote
6th October 2013, 09:19
Kimi :bandit:
Hulki

longisland
6th October 2013, 09:39
Hulk's mobile chicane is embarrassing two world champions with faster cars behind him.

donKey jote
6th October 2013, 09:46
has to be Hulk, then Kimi

truefan72
6th October 2013, 09:47
hulkenberg

goodnight

webberf1
6th October 2013, 09:47
How Ferrari were dumb enough to choose the aging Raikkonen over him I'll never know

steveaki13
6th October 2013, 09:55
Hulkenberg was amazing. He stayed calm and composed at all times and that Saubers traction was immense. Great job and DotD.

Other Mentions.
Kimi done a good job to, from 7th to 2nd.
Also Grosjean who would have been easily second had it not been for the SC's
Seb has to be mentioned again. A solid, calm race to win easily.
Button also did OK to finish 8th after a poor first stint.
Pic - Finished 14th and seems to be the only back 4 driver not to have gotten in trouble.

steveaki13
6th October 2013, 09:56
Also do we need 3 driver of the Day threads.

DexDexter
6th October 2013, 09:58
Is everyone forgetting just how much kimi benefitted from the safety car?
He is overated and Alonso will make him look foolish next year.

He overtook Grosjean without DRS in an identical car, but obviously a real expert like you knows best. A really knowledgeable about F1, arent you?

donKey jote
6th October 2013, 10:15
special mention to Nico for his flawless Spanish in the interview on A3 :p

Parabolica
6th October 2013, 10:29
Hulkenberg, by a long, long way.

I do hope Ferrari haven't made a bad decision.

N4D13
6th October 2013, 10:31
Hulkenberg, by a long, long way.

I do hope Ferrari haven't made a bad decision.
Quite frankly, I don't see how signing Räikkönen over Hülkenberg could be a bad decision. I'd expect both drivers to work professionally. They might give each other trouble for the WDC but it should be all good for the WCC.

jens
6th October 2013, 10:34

I wouldn't put Räikkönen above Grosjean this occasion. Grosjean had a better qualifying and a huge advantage before the SC. Kimi did well to overtake Romain, but other than that his opportunity was pretty much inherited. Like in Brazil last year Button lost a 40-second lead over Hamilton due to safety car.

Feel gutted for Romain actually. He has become really fast and been on course to beating his team-mate two races in a row now, but lost out in the end. Last time due to car failure.

DexDexter
6th October 2013, 10:56

I wouldn't put Räikkönen above Grosjean this occasion. Grosjean had a better qualifying and a huge advantage before the SC. Kimi did well to overtake Romain, but other than that his opportunity was pretty much inherited. Like in Brazil last year Button lost a 40-second lead over Hamilton due to safety car.

Feel gutted for Romain actually. He has become really fast and been on course to beating his team-mate two races in a row now, but lost out in the end. Last time due to car failure.

Kimi had a troubled qualifying, Turun Sanomat (TS.fi) reported that he actually had a broken front wing in quali so it's really difficult to compare Kimi and Grosjean's race because Kimi was in traffic. Grosjean drove very well but let's be honest, it's a big mistake if your teammate overtakes you with older tires after a flying restart without the DRS.

zako85
6th October 2013, 12:30
I thought Grosjean and Hulkenberg were excellent. Grosjean had to fend off Hamilton once or twice, but Grosgean's battle with Hamilton was epic. Kimi was also good, specially considering his back injury, but he got into second because of SC. Grosjean's 2nd position looked pretty safe before the SC.

Warriwa
6th October 2013, 13:10
The first comment on this thread was made regarding the Singapore GP.
This thread was started by someone else. My comments have been removed from the 'kimi of the race thread'

Mia 01
6th October 2013, 15:16
Nico Hulkenberg just beat my driver to the title; driver of the race.

But, I liked when Kimi overtook Fernando, twice that was if I´m not mistaken.

jens
6th October 2013, 16:19
The first comment on this thread was made regarding the Singapore GP.
This thread was started by someone else. My comments have been removed from the 'kimi of the race thread'

Apologies for a slight confusion, since people seemed to be discussing about the same thing in three different threads, so they were merged. Also a couple of personal insults were deleted in the other thread.

F1boat
6th October 2013, 18:11
Seb, Hulk, Kimi. Brilliant drives from them.

dj_bytedisaster
6th October 2013, 19:05
As someone said in the Autosport Forums:

Drivers of the day are Hulk and Ho Li Phuk, who gave Jeep their first lead lap in F1 :D

steveaki13
6th October 2013, 19:48
#like

anfield5
6th October 2013, 20:57
Hulk for the way he held Hamilton, Alonso etc behind him for the last quarter of the race.

Vettel was again in a class of his own and the two black cars

JasonPotato
6th October 2013, 22:06
I'll go for DiResta, Massa and Sutil for my drives of the day :laugh:

Seriously only Kimi and Hulk are worth a mention for drives of the day.

The Black Knight
7th October 2013, 00:30
Hulk, Kimi and Vettel.

schmenke
7th October 2013, 18:31

I wouldn't put Räikkönen above Grosjean this occasion. Grosjean had a better qualifying and a huge advantage before the SC. Kimi did well to overtake Romain, but other than that his opportunity was pretty much inherited....

Hulkenberg:
Grid: 7
Result: 4

Grosjean:
Grid: 3
Result: 3

Raikkonen:
Grid: 9
Result: 2

:mark: