PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Korean Grand Prix

Tazio
1st October 2013, 16:28
http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/wp-content/u ... 300DPI.jpg (http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/14_Korea_E_300DPI.jpg)

DRS zones on Straight 1 and 2 with two separate detection points. Comeback overtakes?

@Jamesallenonf1

#f1 Rather unsettling possibility of a typhoon on Sunday/Monday in area of Korea where track is, according to BBC weather colleagues :eek:
7:18 AM - 30 Sep 2013

Parabolica
1st October 2013, 16:43
FORZA FERRARI!!!

We'll be lucky to repeat the results of the last three races, but a Typhoon sweeping Vettel out to sea might, just, give us an outside chance.

Although Red Bull have probably got a Typhoon-Diffuser.

steveaki13
1st October 2013, 23:21
Yer a typhoon will just add to their downforce levels.

steveaki13
1st October 2013, 23:23
http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/14_Korea_E_300DPI.jpg

DRS zones on Straight 1 and 2 with two separate detection points. Comeback overtakes?

@Jamesallenonf1

#f1 Rather unsettling possibility of a typhoon on Sunday/Monday in area of Korea where track is, according to BBC weather colleagues :eek:
7:18 AM - 30 Sep 2013

We might see a DRS overtake or 630 then. :dozey:

Mia 01
2nd October 2013, 07:06
DRS overtake? Not on Seb, he will as usuaal build a three second gap on the first lap.

henners88
2nd October 2013, 13:24
My only expectation of this race is that the winner will be Vettel. Hopefully we will get some gutsy drives a bit further back, but we need it at Korea as it is possibly the most soulless place on the calendar IMO. Vettel will win dominantly with Alonso and Hamilton filling up the rest of the podium. Just my prediction. :)

555-04Q2
2nd October 2013, 16:26
This will be a fairly close contest between the Mercs and Red Bull IMO :) Let's see if someone can hussle Seb this time.

Tazio
2nd October 2013, 16:39
DRS overtake? Not on Seb, he will as usuaal build a three second gap on the first lap.
....and then cause a crash while warming up his brakes in the rain bedhind the Safety car (in a very retarded manner) :dork: :stareup: ;)

Mia 01
2nd October 2013, 20:15
[quote="Mia 01":2fjg1j28]DRS overtake? Not on Seb, he will as usuaal build a three second gap on the first lap.
....and then cause a crash while warming up his brakes in the rain bedhind the Safety car (in a very retarded manner) :dork: :stareup: ;)[/quote:2fjg1j28]

Ha ha ha. I´ve given up on Seb for this year. What I hope for, that Lotus longer chassie will be good on this track.

steveaki13
2nd October 2013, 22:30
My only expectation of this race is that the winner will be Vettel. Hopefully we will get some gutsy drives a bit further back, but we need it at Korea as it is possibly the most soulless place on the calendar IMO. Vettel will win dominantly with Alonso and Hamilton filling up the rest of the podium. Just my prediction. :)

Cant argue with Korea being soulless.

I suspect too that Seb will be way ahead.

Parabolica
3rd October 2013, 08:57
But Korea has got Seoul.

I'll get my coat.

Parabolica
3rd October 2013, 09:01
Certainly, the track itself is somewhat lacking in Natural Born Charisma. Other than the first section with long straights, I struggle to remember the layout.

But, at my age, there are a lot of things I struggle to remember.

Like wearing trousers and underpants on public transport.

At least that was what I told the Judge.

henners88
3rd October 2013, 09:39

Cant argue with Korea being soulless.

I suspect too that Seb will be way ahead.
I actually like the track the way it flows. Its one on my favourites on the F1 games as it challenges the driver, but the scenery and apparent atmosphere as described by visitors suggests its all a bit of a nothing place for a race. It doesn't seem to attract the type of passion you see at races in Germany, Britain, Italy or even Japan. I think location has a lot to do with it too. Fuji didn't attract the same type of atmosphere Suzuka does for example as its way out in the sticks. Istanbul Park was a lovely circuit, but again had a bad atmosphere. I know drivers don't need that necessarily when they at strapped into their cars at 190mph, but its all part of the experience. There's nothing worse than racing past empty grandstands, and some of these tracks, including China are very guilty of this. Still it pays for the sport and we have to sacrifice some of the magic in order to keep things afloat. :)

jens
3rd October 2013, 10:18
The Yeongham circuit isn't too bad once I tried it out on a computer game some time ago, but from an outsider/spectator point of view it seems different and not so interesting.

Soul or not, but the main issue is imo the excitement of racing in F1. Belgian and Italian Grands Prix took place in traditional places, but still not much was going on in the race. I'd rather watch an exciting race in a "soulless" place, especially as I am not a spectator in the stands, but want to see on-track action via TV. Unfortunately chances are not too big Korean Grand Prix is going to be particularly exciting in dry conditions...

Certainly, the track itself is somewhat lacking in Natural Born Charisma. Other than the first section with long straights, I struggle to remember the layout.

But, at my age, there are a lot of things I struggle to remember.

Like wearing trousers and underpants on public transport.

At least that was what I told the Judge.

:D
Good that we have got sense of humour here even if not much is going on on the track!

henners88
3rd October 2013, 11:41
The Yeongham circuit isn't too bad once I tried it out on a computer game some time ago, but from an outsider/spectator point of view it seems different and not so interesting.

Soul or not, but the main issue is imo the excitement of racing in F1. Belgian and Italian Grands Prix took place in traditional places, but still not much was going on in the race. I'd rather watch an exciting race in a "soulless" place, especially as I am not a spectator in the stands, but want to see on-track action via TV. Unfortunately chances are not too big Korean Grand Prix is going to be particularly exciting in dry conditions...
I hope we have an exciting race, I just have my doubts unless as you say it is raining, or we have a surprise at the front. Vettel has been the best driver at this circuit since its appearance on the calendar and really should be a triple winner of it. It was just sheer bad luck he retired in 2010 whilst doing his usual dominance from the front. Based on current form, I think it is highly unlikely we'll see anybody but Vettel on the top step of the podium this year in Korea. We have had some exciting racing here in the past however. Hamilton and Alonso have both been excellent here and lets hope they are fighting for second on Sunday.

zako85
3rd October 2013, 12:15
Great. Based on the comments above, the lame duck season has arrived. Any recommendations regarding what to watch until the 2014 season starts?

henners88
3rd October 2013, 13:05
Great. Based on the comments above, the lame duck season has arrived. Any recommendations regarding what to watch until the 2014 season starts?
It might be worth judging the season on how you see it rather than basing it on comments here. I, like most will be watching the season until it ends. ;)

Tazio
3rd October 2013, 15:47
It might be worth judging the season on how you see it rather than basing it on comments here. I, like most will be watching the season until it ends. ;)
Absolutely Hennie', sorry someone that is supposedly new ;) questioned your appreciation of F1 on another thread but I enjoy most of what you post about F1, however you can become in sufferable when you go on about The Boss. ;) :p: :angel:

zako85
3rd October 2013, 22:17
One interesting issue to settle is whether anyone other than Vettel still has a chance to win a GP in 2013. I can see this happen only if RedBull makes a mistake in qualifying or the Renault engine fails.

dj_bytedisaster
3rd October 2013, 23:04
One interesting issue to settle is whether anyone other than Vettel still has a chance to win a GP in 2013. I can see this happen only if RedBull makes a mistake in qualifying or the Renault engine fails.

I think if Mark manages to actually run second toward the end of a race, he'll win one. I think Vettel is the sort of guy, who would give back the seven points from Malaysia. He didn't know then if 7 points could make the difference at the end (as has happened in two of his three titles). Now that he's safely ahead, I think he would let Mark pass.

RB's very short gear ratio could also become a problem on some tracks like Austin, Suzuka and Interlagos.

Koz
4th October 2013, 03:42

Koz
4th October 2013, 03:44
I think if Mark manages to actually run second toward the end of a race, he'll win one. I think Vettel is the sort of guy, who would give back the seven points from Malaysia. He didn't know then if 7 points could make the difference at the end (as has happened in two of his three titles). Now that he's safely ahead, I think he would let Mark pass.

http://image.vyperlook.com/wp-content/uploads/massupload/917641picard-facepalm.jpg

dj_bytedisaster
4th October 2013, 07:34
Really compelling argument, Koz. I'm impressed :stareup:

Bagwan
4th October 2013, 14:18
That facepalm might have been referring to that scenario you paint as a gift box , with nothing inside it , not unlike the red shoe pushing Rubinho onto the top step .

dj_bytedisaster
4th October 2013, 14:50
That facepalm might have been referring to that scenario you paint as a gift box , with nothing inside it , not unlike the red shoe pushing Rubinho onto the top step .

I'm not so sure if Mark wouldn't fancy a final win, even if he was gifted it. After all what's the difference of winning because your team mate gets told not to overtake and winning because your team mate waves you by? At least in the latter case it would be the team mates own will instead of being ordered by the team. And I think it would be a fitting gesture. Both seem to mellow a bit now that they know they won't have to see each other's faces again next year. Mark has defended VET twice against the booing and the TC rumours and I'm pretty sure Vettel would give the 'stolen' win back if given the chance.

Firstgear
4th October 2013, 15:00
If Webber was sticking around next year, I think Vettel would consider gifting a win at this late stage just incase he needed a favour back in the future. But as it stands with Mark leaving next year, I don't think it will happen.
I didn't watch it, but my son told me that Mark was on Topgear the other day. My son told me he got the impression that the two of them (Vettel & webber) still don't really get along. Oh - Mark also said he never listens to team orders (I told my son he might have to take that with a grain of salt). If true, he shouldn't expect Vettel to follow team orders either, so neither of them should be feeling that a 'gift' should be forthcoming.

dj_bytedisaster
4th October 2013, 15:30
He's said the 'I don't follow team orders' bit several times, for instance in the post-race press conference after ignoring the order not to attack VET at Silverstone '11, which made Mark's 'being upset' after Malaysia this year more than just a little hypocritical. The TopGear appearance was earlier this year, so your son probably saw a re-run.
They'll probably never get along, but at least there seem a little less hostility than at the start of the season. I'd still think it would be the right thing to do to give him a final win if the chance presents ifself, but in the end it's VET's decision to make and now that he doesn't need the points anymore I could see him do it. After all, nobody could have expected that he would be 60 points clear at this time of the season as Lotus and Ferrari were much closer to RB in the early races.

Tazio
4th October 2013, 15:47
Classic Kimi:

"I hit the wall" :dozey:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151693545902536
Need a Face book account, Kimi Man!! :dork: :stareup:

dj_bytedisaster
4th October 2013, 15:53
Well, he would certainly never hit the character limit for his posts :laugh:

But those team radios are real classics. Everyone else would have started how the backend got lose, yadda yadda. Kimi just tells it like it is :D

Tazio
4th October 2013, 16:04
Well, he would certainly never hit the character limit for his posts :laugh:

But those team radios are real classics. Everyone else would have started how the backend got lose, yadda yadda. Kimi just tells it like it is :D
Yep!!!! :D
Could be in for seversl spins from assorted drivers if the rain shows up Sunday....dawg :dog: ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTH5VY00I8w

Koz
5th October 2013, 02:13
He's said the 'I don't follow team orders' bit several times, for instance in the post-race press conference after ignoring the order not to attack VET at Silverstone '11, which made Mark's 'being upset' after Malaysia this year more than just a little hypocritical. The TopGear appearance was earlier this year, so your son probably saw a re-run.
They'll probably never get along, but at least there seem a little less hostility than at the start of the season. I'd still think it would be the right thing to do to give him a final win if the chance presents ifself, but in the end it's VET's decision to make and now that he doesn't need the points anymore I could see him do it. After all, nobody could have expected that he would be 60 points clear at this time of the season as Lotus and Ferrari were much closer to RB in the early races.

I agree, Webber is a hypocrite cry baby.
But Vettel comes off as quite a ruthless fellow. I don't see him as having much empathy. With his obsession for records, I can't see him giving up anything. Considering the WCC is also in the bag, the best that Webber can expect is "Vettel, your gearbox is broken, slow down, let Mark pass."
Which he would probably do, and then go on to do a fastest lap on the very next lap.

Oh, wait that already happened...

Tazio
5th October 2013, 02:50
the best that Webber can expect is "Vettel, your gearbox is broken, slow down, let Mark pass."
Which he would probably do, and then go on to do a fastest lap on the very next lap.

#like :dork:

dj_bytedisaster
5th October 2013, 04:56
I agree, Webber is a hypocrite cry baby.
But Vettel comes off as quite a ruthless fellow. I don't see him as having much empathy. With his obsession for records, I can't see him giving up anything. Considering the WCC is also in the bag, the best that Webber can expect is "Vettel, your gearbox is broken, slow down, let Mark pass."

I don't think he's really that ruthless. The Malaysia team order was a monumentally stupid idea by the team. To ask a 3-times WDC to gift away 7 points, when two of his three titles were won by less than that and all that in the second race of the season - seriously that's a window-licking idiotic idea. On top of that, the team didn't punish Mark after he disobeyed team orders twice (Silverstone '11, Interlagos '12) why in the name of all that's holy did they expect Vettel to obey team orders. The whole thing was more down to the abysmal leadership skills of Horner, rather than ruthlessness of Vettel.
What he does have to take the blame for though is the cringeworthy handling of the aftermath with the half-arsed apology after the race and one week later saying Mark didn't deserve to win. He should have said so from the start, because that was the right way to handle it.

Back to the Korea race though. Raikkönen looked sublime (apart from "I hit the wall"). He could be a dark horse for the race. Else, I think Lewis is flattering the Merc's pace. I think he might win pole, but in the race they'll probably go backwards again.

Tazio
5th October 2013, 06:59
Go quali!! I have Sky streaming on line (along with f1.com timing) and NBCSNHD on the tele, and both broadcasts bro suck. I hope Ferrari can get row three maybe even grid position 4 because the Boss seemed to struggle with balance on ss runs in p3 but matybe him and ice just didn't get clean laps on the softs! Either way I also think Mec. goes backward in race trim! :dork: :wave:

Tazio
5th October 2013, 07:05
Evening gurlz :p:

Tazio
5th October 2013, 07:09
The Ferrari looks like a handful! :uhoh:

Parabolica
5th October 2013, 07:14
Don't worry. Felipe has been unleashed.

Ok, worry.

Tazio
5th October 2013, 07:29
I think Felipe is very fast, always have. Right now Zo is just so much more consistantly fast. :smurf:

Tazio
5th October 2013, 07:42
Felipe, Ice dawg :dog: lucky in q2

Tazio
5th October 2013, 07:49
Poor Mclaren. "How are the mighty fallen"

Tazio
5th October 2013, 08:02
Fred's going to devoure Grosjean, and the Nicos, by the first tight turn scrub bro :p: :stareup:
Other Ferraris with Hulk and felipe baby i say a ferrari engine wins two out of the top four spots

longisland
5th October 2013, 08:06
Vettel is just untouchable. Kudos to Sauber. RoGro maybe the spoiler on Sunday.

Tazio
5th October 2013, 08:10
Yep Hulk in a Ferrari, should have had the ride for 2014! :dork:

Tazio
5th October 2013, 09:06
http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2013/10/05/a ... the-start/ (http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2013/10/05/alonso-says-hell-go-on-the-attack-at-the-start/) :erm: :uhoh: :crazy:

Alonso will line up fifth on the grid following Mark Webber’s penalty and believes the long straights at the start of the lap will help him.

“I think the start is a very short space to turn one so we will do all of our attacks in turn three, turn four – there is always some action in the race,” he said
:eek: :laugh:

henners88
5th October 2013, 19:09
Good pole by Seb, can't see him losing the first corner. He makes a good start usually and Red Bull have their engine mapping spot on. The race for me is hoping Hamilton holds onto his position to the finish.

dj_bytedisaster
5th October 2013, 20:05
Good pole by Seb, can't see him losing the first corner. He makes a good start usually and Red Bull have their engine mapping spot on. The race for me is hoping Hamilton holds onto his position to the finish.

There're two long-ish straights after the start and the RB has an ultra-short gear ratio. If Alonso starts like he did last time, he could pass Vettel and then VET is pretty much f***ed, because he aint gonna overtake anyone with that lack of top speed.

N. Jones
5th October 2013, 23:58
Will McLaren PLEASE do something besides getting passed at the end of the Grand Prix!

Warriwa
6th October 2013, 02:42
There're two long-ish straights after the start and the RB has an ultra-short gear ratio. If Alonso starts like he did last time, he could pass Vettel and then VET is pretty much f***ed, because he aint gonna overtake anyone with that lack of top speed.

Vettel never passes anyone anyway

dj_bytedisaster
6th October 2013, 03:02

Vettel never passes anyone anyway

Ask Button, he'll disagree. The RB is built to win from the front-row, hence the short gear ratio. If they change it, like they did in Abu Dhabi last year, he overtakes quite a lot. Will be interesting to see how webbers fares. They lengthened his gear ratio due to the 10 place penalty.

airshifter
6th October 2013, 05:50
Seems like all the front cars have pace in different sectors. That could make for them running close and the DRS and long straights coming into the picture more than usual. I still think Seb has the pace to get a gap, but from Lewis back things could get very interesting IMO. Grojean usually moves backwards, the Mercedes seems to have pace and Alonso will be charging as well. Hulk might hold his own or slip slightly, and I doubt Felipe will amount to much after the first stop. It will be interesting to see if Gutierrez will be able to hold his own and remain in the top 10. It wouldn't shock me to see Kimi make top 5, and Fred to reach the podium.

Tazio
6th October 2013, 06:52
Will be interesting to see how webbers fares. They lengthened his gear ratio due to the 10 place penalty.

Speedtraps from Qualifying :bomb: :burp: :grenade:

1 Fernando Alonso 320.0
2 Felipe Massa 319.4
3 Mark Webber 319.0
4 Sergio Perez 318.8
5 Esteban Gutierrez 317.7
6 Nico Hulkenberg 317.6
7 Lewis Hamilton 317.5
8 Jean-Eric Vergne 317.4
9 Slash 317.2
10 Paul di Resta 317.0
11 Daniel Ricciardo 316.5
12 Sebastian Vettel 315.8
13 Nico Rosberg 315.6
14 Jenson Button 314.4
15 Pastor Maldonado 313.4
16 Valtteri Bottas 313.3
17 Max Chilton 312.3
18 Jules Bianchi 312.1
19 Giedo van der Garde 310.7
20 Charles Pic 310.4
21 Kimi Räikkönen 310.3
22 Romain Grosjean 310.2

donKey jote
6th October 2013, 07:43
morning gurlz :D :andrea:

Koz
6th October 2013, 07:52
Will be interesting to see how webbers fares. They lengthened his gear ratio due to the 10 place penalty.

Speedtraps from Qualifying :bomb: :burp: :grenade:

1 Fernando Alonso 320.0
2 Felipe Massa 319.4
3 Mark Webber 319.0
4 Sergio Perez 318.8
5 Esteban Gutierrez 317.7
6 Nico Hulkenberg 317.6
7 Lewis Hamilton 317.5
8 Jean-Eric Vergne 317.4
9 Slash 317.2
10 Paul di Resta 317.0
11 Daniel Ricciardo 316.5
12 Sebastian Vettel 315.8
13 Nico Rosberg 315.6
14 Jenson Button 314.4
15 Pastor Maldonado 313.4
16 Valtteri Bottas 313.3
17 Max Chilton 312.3
18 Jules Bianchi 312.1
19 Giedo van der Garde 310.7
20 Charles Pic 310.4
21 Kimi Räikkönen 310.3
22 Romain Grosjean 310.2

Look fairly close.

Doesn't look good for Kimi. If Grosjean gets away well, he'll get a podium.

steveaki13
6th October 2013, 08:00
morning gurlz :D :andrea:

Morning Donkey. :wave:

Tazio
6th October 2013, 08:02
Sup dawg ? ;) :dog: Good evening! :dork:

Tazio
6th October 2013, 08:03
Here we go!!!!

steveaki13
Seb has won, but carnage behind.

donKey jote
cheers massa :p

donKey jote
6th October 2013, 08:17
Alo's tyres shot already :dozey:

longisland
6th October 2013, 08:24
RoGro's on fire!!

donKey jote
6th October 2013, 08:45
"been through the graining phase" :eek:

steveaki13
6th October 2013, 08:46
Woah.... stop all the chat. I can barely keep up. :laugh: ;)

steveaki13
6th October 2013, 08:49
Paul off into the fields.

How bizzare, poor mistake really again. 4 DNFs in a row.

donKey jote
6th October 2013, 08:49
why the hell didn't Alo copy Kimi :dozey:

steveaki13
6th October 2013, 08:51
Lewis being screwed here by the tyres and a lack of care or lack of strategy.

donKey jote
6th October 2013, 08:51
Merc breaks ! :eek:

steveaki13
6th October 2013, 08:52
Nico's nose now falling off. Wow all happening now.

donKey jote
6th October 2013, 08:55
well done AloFerrari, great timing :dozey:

donKey jote
6th October 2013, 08:56
pérez explodes again... stoopid pirelli :p

Tazio
6th October 2013, 08:57
Safety car!@!

steveaki13
6th October 2013, 09:02
10 laps behind SC now, while backmarkers over take. Fantastic stuff.

donKey jote
6th October 2013, 09:08
great race behind the SC :dozey:

truefan72
6th October 2013, 09:10
rosberg not letting hamilton by cost him p3

donKey jote
6th October 2013, 09:11
sutil does a massa :dozey:

donKey jote
6th October 2013, 09:12
aww webbo :(
always his car :dozey:

donKey jote
6th October 2013, 09:13
haha donkey SC

donKey jote
6th October 2013, 09:13
wtf :laugh: :rolleyes: :crazy:

steveaki13
6th October 2013, 09:15
Wow. A normal first 30 laps but its gone crazy, loopy and bizarre in the last 10.

donKey jote
6th October 2013, 09:16
SC to the end now :dozey:

donKey jote
6th October 2013, 09:21
nice scrap ham-alo

donKey jote
6th October 2013, 09:22
forget it Alo, be very grateful for sixth :p

webberf1
6th October 2013, 09:23
Hamilton vs Alonso... that was tits

steveaki13
6th October 2013, 09:26
Hulkenberg and that Sauber look so awesome today. Brilliant job thus far.

webberf1
6th October 2013, 09:27
Kudos to Ho Lee Fuk bringing out the fire truck to spice up the race.

donKey jote
6th October 2013, 09:31
Hulk train :D

donKey jote
6th October 2013, 09:34
Gro requesting permission to pass :p

webberf1
6th October 2013, 09:35
I hate the right hander turn 5. I call it cockblock corner. It just immediately shuts off any racing action that was brewing out of turn 4.

donKey jote
6th October 2013, 09:36
hehe Kimi ain't having any of it, stuff it Eric ! :laugh:

donKey jote
6th October 2013, 09:45
oh well :dozey:

webberf1
6th October 2013, 09:46
Poorly designed track. If you don't pass in 1, 3 or 4 you basically have no chance for the rest of the lap.

truefan72
6th October 2013, 09:50
very dissapointing race
team mercedes are th donkeys of the race
1. not pitting hamilton earlier
2. not communicating to rosberg to let hamilton by which cost him p3 to kimi
3. just poor strategy calls all the way around

it is late in the season they should know their advantages and disadvantages
so running a different strategy that optimizes the drivers and the car are in order
doing the same stupid thing time and time again is madness

N4D13
6th October 2013, 10:01
Alonso has just hit back at Pirelli in Spanish TV saying that they are "borderline in quality" and that he doesn't understand how Pirelli would criticise him after the season they've had. While he might have a point, sometimes I wish he didn't have such a big mouth.

N4D13
6th October 2013, 10:04
Apparently, Grosjean and Permane have had a BIG argument on team radio right after the race ended. One can only guess what they were arguing about.

janneppi
6th October 2013, 10:22
Apparently, Grosjean and Permane have had a BIG argument on team radio right after the race ended. One can only guess what they were arguing about.
Grosjean probably expected team orders towards the end

jens
6th October 2013, 10:40
Pretty good race, so I am happy.:) Action everywhere and Hülkenberg is making a strong impression for the driver market.

I don't know, which setup did Sauber choose, but Hulk's top speed was remarkable. Others couldn't overtake him even with DRS open.

Pity that Gutiérrez lost out in the first corner melée after a promising start to the weekend. But it looked like in the end he wasn't quite fast enough to emerge in the points.

Webber has been massively unlucky recently.

Parabolica
6th October 2013, 12:46
Alonso has just hit back at Pirelli in Spanish TV saying that they are "borderline in quality" and that he doesn't understand how Pirelli would criticise him after the season they've had. While he might have a point, sometimes I wish he didn't have such a big mouth.

I'd go further than what he has said.

I'd publically call Hembrey a gutless, Red Bull & Mercedes c--ksucking coward.

It is exactly what he is, after all.

zako85
6th October 2013, 12:55
This was a very good race. I really liked the race track. Those sharp turns and long straights are quite cool. A lot of cars visibly on the edge and slide around even during qualification. I was looking forward to watching the 2014 race, but I am afraid that Formula 1 will be banned in Korea after Vettel praised Japan as the best place. :laugh:

steveaki13
6th October 2013, 14:07
Pretty good race, so I am happy.:) Action everywhere and Hülkenberg is making a strong impression for the driver market.

It would be ridiculous if he doesn't get a top drive in 2014.

ShiftingGears
6th October 2013, 14:56

I'm pleased that Alonso and Webber said what they did about Pirelli. Criticism richly deserved.

Poorly designed track. If you don't pass in 1, 3 or 4 you basically have no chance for the rest of the lap.

Are Bathurst and the Nurburgring Nordschliefe similarly poorly designed? Drivers can't pass for most of the lap on those circuits either.

Storm
6th October 2013, 16:39
After the 2nd lap I lost the will to watch this race and perhaps F1 (yet again!). He is always on pole or always in P1 and stretching his lead to 3+ seconds in 1/2 laps.
I did switch on the tv again when it was 25 laps down and the Rosberg fire breathing car was the biggest spectacle in ages.. I missed the old cars bottoming out and the engines bursting into flame/smoke (not after a collision as in Webber's but on their own...)

Luckily I did watch the rest of the race trying to forget about Schumacher errrr Vettel, and from P2 and back it was a fun race. Hamilton, Alonso and Hulkenberg especially as well as the comedy going on from P10-15 between the Williams cars and Massa et al.

Soalstar
6th October 2013, 16:43
Just seen the Korean GP highlights. Great race, very very sorry for Mark Webber. Love that guy, but cricket is he unlucky or what!!!

tfp
6th October 2013, 16:50
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/24419856

A tyre manufacturer apologising to a driver?
"He should seek advice from vettel" that is a massive kick in the nuts!

After the 2nd lap I lost the will to watch this race and perhaps F1 (yet again!). He is always on pole or always in P1 and stretching his lead to 3+ seconds in 1/2 laps.
I did switch on the tv again when it was 25 laps down and the Rosberg fire breathing car was the biggest spectacle in ages.. I missed the old cars bottoming out and the engines bursting into flame/smoke (not after a collision as in Webber's but on their own...)

Luckily I did watch the rest of the race trying to forget about Schumacher errrr Vettel, and from P2 and back it was a fun race. Hamilton, Alonso and Hulkenberg especially as well as the comedy going on from P10-15 between the Williams cars and Massa et al.

What hapenned to rosbergs fire breathing car? I diddnt watch the race after I saw the qualifying yesterday morning.

dj_bytedisaster
6th October 2013, 17:12
Are Bathurst and the Nurburgring Nordschliefe similarly poorly designed? Drivers can't pass for most of the lap on those circuits either.

Are you serious? :eek: If you can't overtake on the Nordschleife, maybe you shouldn't be driving it. Flugplatz, Schwedenkreuz, Wehrseiffen, Breidscheidt, Bergwerk, Hedwigshöhe, Brünnchen, Schwalbenschwanz and Galgenkopf are all prime overtaking spots. What are you talking about? Comparing the Ring to a Tilkedrome is ridiculous. :laugh:

F1boat
6th October 2013, 18:12
Very entertaining race. :)

steveaki13
6th October 2013, 19:51
Very entertaining race. :)

Welcome Back F1Boat. :)

Storm
6th October 2013, 20:29
What hapenned to rosbergs fire breathing car? I diddnt watch the race after I saw the qualifying yesterday morning.
Not much..he went into the pits and got his nose changed...it was basically the underside rubbing the track and spraying sparks all around for half a lap - also screwing Hamilton's strategy I guess.

jens
6th October 2013, 20:34
Nordschleife is very narrow and if you put modern F1 cars with its cornering speeds there without DRS and KERS, then it would provide some thinking, where would it be possible to overtake.

Regarding the Yeongam circuit I have to say that the endless corner-sequences in the second and third sector are a bit tiring. It would have been good to put a longish straight somewhere there to increase overtaking opportunities like they have done in China. Or like Estoril has before the last corner sequence, which reminds Yeongam a bit.

The Black Knight
7th October 2013, 00:23
Another great win for Seb. The guy continues to prove his worth race after race.

Referring to Alonso's and Webber's comments after the race, I am slightly disillusioned with F1 at the moment. Specifically with the Pirelli tires. I know they have improved since Silverstone but what happened to Perez should not have happened and I doubt very much the same thing would have happened to Bridgestone were they still in the sport.

Since they are staying in the sport for another 5 years they need to improve the quality of their product. This borderline stuff is too risky and some day a tire is going to delaminate, hit a drivers helmet and we'll have the first fatality in F1 since the great Senna. I really hope they sort this sh*t out.

airshifter
7th October 2013, 04:22
Fred's going to devoure Grosjean, and the Nicos, by the first tight turn scrub bro :p: :stareup:
Other Ferraris with Hulk and felipe baby i say a ferrari engine wins two out of the top four spots

I think somehow Fred found the reverse gear in the transmission. I'm sure it'd due to the tires that others can perform on. :D

Interesting race. Overall with a few tweaks this could be an interesting track, even though the surroundings lack any character at all. Fantastic drive by Hulk holding up two world champions for so long.

Rather strange radio stuff from Lotus. Even if Grosjean did have the pace, what purpose does it serve them to make it public they want to screw Kimi over? They acted as if Grosjean was just cruising and had pace to space, and from the sounds of things they didn't do either driver any favors and probably pissed them off. NOT the way to attract the best drivers to a team.

Tazio
7th October 2013, 16:04

I think somehow Fred found the reverse gear in the transmission. I'm sure it'd due to the tires that others can perform on. :D

Interesting race. Overall with a few tweaks this could be an interesting track, even though the surroundings lack any character at all. Fantastic drive by Hulk holding up two world champions for so long.

Rather strange radio stuff from Lotus. Even if Grosjean did have the pace, what purpose does it serve them to make it public they want to screw Kimi over? They acted as if Grosjean was just cruising and had pace to space, and from the sounds of things they didn't do either driver any favors and probably pissed them off. NOT the way to attract the best drivers to a team.
We all can't be as good at pronosticating as you are ;)

Alonso will be charging as well. ;)

airshifter
7th October 2013, 16:59
That was part of my point... we both got punked by Alonso going the wrong direction. :)

It's rare for him to get passed so many times on track. Quite a few cars had pace over him this race it seems. His strange exits were obviously trying to save the tires, but even then got extreme.

Tazio
7th October 2013, 21:22
That was part of my point... we both got punked by Alonso going the wrong direction. :)

It's rare for him to get passed so many times on track. Quite a few cars had pace over him this race it seems. His strange exits were obviously trying to save the tires, but even then got extreme.
Yep, I agree with your post in its entirety.

ShiftingGears
9th October 2013, 13:34

Are you serious? :eek: If you can't overtake on the Nordschleife, maybe you shouldn't be driving it. Flugplatz, Schwedenkreuz, Wehrseiffen, Breidscheidt, Bergwerk, Hedwigshöhe, Brünnchen, Schwalbenschwanz and Galgenkopf are all prime overtaking spots.

Perhaps on a trackday when passing sunday drivers, but absolutely not in anything resembling a modern F1 car.

What are you talking about? Comparing the Ring to a Tilkedrome is ridiculous. :laugh:

Only if you colossally missed the point. Which you did. My point is that I don't think tracks should be judged as good or bad based purely on the number of overtaking opportunities available to modern F1 cars. That's the kind of mentality that leads to the same dull slow corner-long straight-slow corner circuits that are popping up in grands prix now.

dj_bytedisaster
9th October 2013, 19:14

Are you serious? :eek: If you can't overtake on the Nordschleife, maybe you shouldn't be driving it. Flugplatz, Schwedenkreuz, Wehrseiffen, Breidscheidt, Bergwerk, Hedwigshöhe, Brünnchen, Schwalbenschwanz and Galgenkopf are all prime overtaking spots.

Perhaps on a trackday when passing sunday drivers, but absolutely not in anything resembling a modern F1 car.

You wouldn't make it past Quiddelbacher Höhe in a modern F1 car as the suspension would break upon impact after the car has been airborn, nevermind that you would probably land in the armco anyways. There is a reason why Schumacher and Heidfeld drove around the Nordschleife like old men in a Volvo on their demonstration runs.

ShiftingGears
10th October 2013, 14:42
[quote="dj_bytedisaster":3ggrv8aw]

You wouldn't make it past Quiddelbacher Höhe in a modern F1 car as the suspension would break upon impact after the car has been airborn, nevermind that you would probably land in the armco anyways. There is a reason why Schumacher and Heidfeld drove around the Nordschleife like old men in a Volvo on their demonstration runs.[/quote:3ggrv8aw]

That much is obvious and does not detract from the point I made.