22nd September 2013, 16:00
current best 3 drivers on the podium :up:

Seb for a flawless drive
Alo for his start and P2 out of nowhere
Kimi for P3 and those passes, with that back

(in reverse order! :p )

JasonPotato
22nd September 2013, 16:06
Kimi and Alonso. Really showed there class with inferior cars!

Tazio
22nd September 2013, 16:08
Zo, Ice, seb.

steveaki13
22nd September 2013, 16:23
Seb- Despite the car, he drove on the limit and was brilliant.

Kimi & Fernando - Two drives of a similar quality from two of the best

dj_bytedisaster
22nd September 2013, 16:30
Has to be Kimi - 13th to 3rd with a wonky back, superb stuff
hnourable mention to Ferrari for getting the strategy right for once.

longisland
22nd September 2013, 16:47
Aside from the obvious trio, Gutierez's performance is note worthy especially qualifying. He was right on the wall short of touching. Let's hope he keeps it up because he may need to lead Sauber next season.

Mia 01
22nd September 2013, 16:49
All three on the podium did flawless races, have to give it to my favorite Kimi. That pass on Butt on on the outside, brilliant.

I feel so sorry for Grosjean.

DexDexter
22nd September 2013, 17:43
Kimi, Nando and Vettel of course. I don't understand the crowd, Vettel was great, it isn't his fault that the car is excellent.

Tazio
22nd September 2013, 18:02
Kimi, Nando and....
....I hope Ferrari can give these two freakin' guys a car that can compete at the sharp end in quali and races next year because this combination is going to be bro lethal! :vader:

Yeah....why don't we just call this what it is Two freakin' guys that are still driving their best but are more mature emotionally, and I really doubt that these two guys won't work excellently together. A couple really fast and grizzled veteran champs. Why don't we talk about how cool that will be instead of polarizing this thing before anything happens. Oh that's right some people already know what is going to happen :dozey:
May the Forza be with us.
Best wishes

tfp
22nd September 2013, 20:46
I switched it off before the podium celebrations, wha did brundle as t the crowd after they booed vettel?

The Black Knight
22nd September 2013, 21:46
Kimi, Alonso and Seb.

Sebastien's pace was frightening. He was ridiculously quick and two seconds a lap quicker than the others at times. The championship is his now. Ferrari have not given Alonso the car they needed this year. It's a shame. Hopefully next year will see a more competitive order.

anfield5
22nd September 2013, 21:49
I don't normally vote for the race winner after they have qualified on pole, but Vettel was awesome, how he could be 2 seconds per lap faster than anyone else is mind boggling! It is easy to say 'Ah, but he does have the best car.' but that doesn't really do him any justice, simply astonishing.

Kudos also to Alonso for the usual reasons and Kimi. But also a mention to Grosjean, he was outstanding all weekend and was robbed of a podium by a slightly strange car problem.

Parabolica
22nd September 2013, 22:36
Massa.

For well and truly showing the world that Alonso is nothing special and has been gifted everything. Do you hear? EVERYTHING!!!!

Oooh, a giant pink McLaren?

What are these mushrooms called, again?

Parabolica
22nd September 2013, 22:39
I don't normally vote for the race winner after they have qualified on pole, but Vettel was awesome, how he could be 2 seconds per lap faster than anyone else is mind boggling! It is easy to say 'Ah, but he does have the best car.' but that doesn't really do him any justice, simply astonishing.

+1

For sure, the Red Bull is no Trabant, but that lad can shift.

steveaki13
22nd September 2013, 23:02
I switched it off before the podium celebrations, wha did brundle as t the crowd after they booed vettel?

When they booed. Brundle said something along the lines of "Come on, that's not needed/right" While wagging his finger. :vader:

steveaki13
22nd September 2013, 23:04

Kudos also to Alonso for the usual reasons and Kimi. But also a mention to Grosjean, he was outstanding all weekend and was robbed of a podium by a slightly strange car problem.

This is spot on.

Many times its just dull, but he was so brilliant today. Despite the domination it was one of the only things to marvel at for the first half of the race.

Today the epic combo of Vettel & Red Bull made the other drivers and teams look like muppets.

truefan72
23rd September 2013, 05:25
I still think it was more the car than Vettel. I give him credit for being on point and being quick, But I refuse to believe that on pure skill he is 2 seconds a lap better than the rest. The RBR is in a different league right now and before the usual folks start complaining about my bias and pointing out that Webber in equal machinery is proving otherwise, I would kindly point out that Webber's car is usually compromised for one reason or another, and he is also proving more than ever that it was time he left F1. Simply put, if kimi, Alonso or Hamilton were in that 2nd RBR car with "fair" conditions, I sincerely doubt vettel would be this dominant.

Despite all that said, I still think Alonso has a solid chance to challenge Vettel Down the line. He would need help, of course, but (and I can't believe I am saying this) It would be a welcomed change to see him take the WDC. This isn't about hatred towards vettel, its more for seeing an absolutely dominant car be challenged and beaten. building a 3 second gap in one lap after a safety car and comfortably being 2 seconds a lap faster than the competition without breaking a sweat is down to the car, and one built completely around a good driver in vettel.

So here's to alonso hopefully delivering some drama in the final races.

dj_bytedisaster
23rd September 2013, 06:47
I still think it was more the car than Vettel. I give him credit for being on point and being quick, But I refuse to believe that on pure skill he is 2 seconds a lap better than the rest.

It wasn't the car - it were the tyres. Vettel had an additional set of supersofts due to his Q3 gamble, so he was the only one not running in tyre preservation mode. Both Kimi and Alonso were on super-long stints on medium tyres, while Vettel could stomp on it, knowing he had another brand-spanking new set of tyres to use. It's no suprise that the second fastest lap came from Sutil and was only about 1.2 seconds slower than Vettel's - everyone else went Greenpeace on tyre preservation. So if anything, it's Pirelli to blame for it.

Robinho
23rd September 2013, 07:27
for me it has to be Vettel, what a glittery helmet

he kind of won me over today - no, of course he is not 2 seconds a lap quicker than the others on his own, but he can only do the best job with the tools he is provided with, and he was stunningly fast today, yet at no point appeared on the edge. he undoubetdly has the ability to wring more speed than anyone else out of their car at the moment, although i also think Red Bull showed their pace here today more than anywhere, whereas normally he may have moved into a comfortable lead and maintained, he pushed for longer to avoid safety cars and unexpected pit stops and as a result was utterly dominant.

Alonso again put himself in a position the car probably didn't deserve, and Kimi drove a stormer through the pack. I also though, but for the saftey car, Rosberg was brilliant and in a race devoid of Vettel he was also dominating and controlling the field, but it all wnet a bit wrong after that when stuck behind the late or non-stopping cars

555-04Q2
23rd September 2013, 08:46
Seb was in a class of his own yesterday. The guy is pure class, maybe even better then The Shoe was at his peak? As good as Alonso and Kimi etc were, they have nothing on Seb!

steveaki13
23rd September 2013, 10:03
Seb was in a class of his own yesterday. The guy is pure class, maybe even better then The Shoe was at his peak? As good as Alonso and Kimi etc were, they have nothing on Seb!

That's a dangerous talk round here buddy. :bandit: :smokin:

555-04Q2
23rd September 2013, 10:36
I'm South African, nothing scares me anymore :laugh:

Mia 01
23rd September 2013, 10:50
Seb drove a brilliant race, but I don+t think he is THAT much better than Alonso and Kimi. Not even the Shoe at his peak was so much better.

dj_bytedisaster
23rd September 2013, 10:55
Seb drove a brilliant race, but I don+t think he is THAT much better than Alonso and Kimi. Not even the Shoe at his peak was so much better.

Schu was that much better - watch Barcelona '96. Yesterdays difference was a bit artificial though. Kimi and Alonso had to conserve tyres due to their ultra-long stints on mediums, while Vettel had that extra set of supersofts he saved up in Q3. So while 'nando and Kimi had to dawdle around like old geezers in Volvos, Vettel could stomp on the 'loud pedal'. Even Sutil's fastest lap was quicker than eyebrows and Kimi. They never drove as fast as the car could have while Vettel did.

555-04Q2
23rd September 2013, 11:06
[quote="Mia 01":3tyifk6b]Seb drove a brilliant race, but I don+t think he is THAT much better than Alonso and Kimi. Not even the Shoe at his peak was so much better.

Schu was that much better - watch Barcelona '96. Yesterdays difference was a bit artificial though. Kimi and Alonso had to conserve tyres due to their ultra-long stints on mediums, while Vettel had that extra set of supersofts he saved up in Q3. So while 'nando and Kimi had to dawdle around like old geezers in Volvos, Vettel could stomp on the 'loud pedal'. Even Sutil's fastest lap was quicker than eyebrows and Kimi. They never drove as fast as the car could have while Vettel did.[/quote:3tyifk6b]

France 2004 comes to mind as well. Brawn to The Shoe, "Shoe, we need 20 qualifying laps in a row to win this race". The Shoe duly delivers and the rest is history.

The Black Knight
23rd September 2013, 11:55
[quote="Mia 01":e0t36yvv]Seb drove a brilliant race, but I don+t think he is THAT much better than Alonso and Kimi. Not even the Shoe at his peak was so much better.

Schu was that much better - watch Barcelona '96. Yesterdays difference was a bit artificial though. Kimi and Alonso had to conserve tyres due to their ultra-long stints on mediums, while Vettel had that extra set of supersofts he saved up in Q3. So while 'nando and Kimi had to dawdle around like old geezers in Volvos, Vettel could stomp on the 'loud pedal'. Even Sutil's fastest lap was quicker than eyebrows and Kimi. They never drove as fast as the car could have while Vettel did.[/quote:e0t36yvv]

I agree with that. It was a sterling race from Vettel but to compare him to the Shoe in his prime is not realistic for me until I see what he can do in a car that isn't the best on the grid and I haven't seen that yet. There are plenty of drivers out there that could be winning in that RBR every week if they had it. Yes, Vettel is doing the job that is required but that doesn't mark him down as an all time great as far as I'm concerned.

555-04Q2
23rd September 2013, 12:27
[quote="dj_bytedisaster":s99x896d][quote="Mia 01":s99x896d]Seb drove a brilliant race, but I don+t think he is THAT much better than Alonso and Kimi. Not even the Shoe at his peak was so much better.

Schu was that much better - watch Barcelona '96. Yesterdays difference was a bit artificial though. Kimi and Alonso had to conserve tyres due to their ultra-long stints on mediums, while Vettel had that extra set of supersofts he saved up in Q3. So while 'nando and Kimi had to dawdle around like old geezers in Volvos, Vettel could stomp on the 'loud pedal'. Even Sutil's fastest lap was quicker than eyebrows and Kimi. They never drove as fast as the car could have while Vettel did.[/quote:s99x896d]

I agree with that. It was a sterling race from Vettel but to compare him to the Shoe in his prime is not realistic for me until I see what he can do in a car that isn't the best on the grid and I haven't seen that yet. There are plenty of drivers out there that could be winning in that RBR every week if they had it. Yes, Vettel is doing the job that is required but that doesn't mark him down as an all time great as far as I'm concerned.[/quote:s99x896d]

We forget that Seb was pretty good at Torro Rosso too, even giving them their one and only win to date.

555-04Q2
23rd September 2013, 12:29
There are plenty of drivers out there that could be winning in that RBR every week if they had it.

Forgot to add, Webber has one but has never been able to match Seb over a season.

Tazio
23rd September 2013, 14:57
Seb is truly a special driver, and yes it is hard to compare him to the likes of The Boss, Fred, and Kimi without all of them driving the same rig, but you have to hand it to him, he is seriously kicking everyone else’s butts.

555-04Q2
23rd September 2013, 14:58
but you have to hand it to him, he is seriously kicking everyone else’s butts.

Understatement! lol

Jim W
23rd September 2013, 21:42
Friends:

Kimi is a driver I admire b/c he is not merely extraordinarily gifted; he doesn't care for the corporate malarky about F1 being the premium motorsport venue. It has become a more about business than sport and more about money than racing. This nonsense about creating tires that can't finish a race, along with nonsense regulations that teams must use more than one set, is purely a function of television and corporate advertising. WTF; why not simply let teams race as fast as they can and decide for themselves what tires to use or not use?

Jim W

Doc Austin
23rd September 2013, 22:30
It's really sad there are hooligans booing Vettel. Horner says it's not sporting and I go along with that. I guess it's better than throwing Budweiser bottles and KFC buckets onto the track.

This nonsense about creating tires that can't finish a race, along with nonsense regulations that teams must use more than one set, is purely a function of television and corporate advertising. WTF; why not simply let teams race as fast as they can and decide for themselves what tires to use or not use?

While we're at it, get rid of the DRS gimmick and make them actually race to pass each other instead of pushing the button and gaining a temporary, artificial advantage. If you take away the easy pass, drivers will be forced to go for the difficult one, which is what we really want to see.

Tazio
24th September 2013, 03:15
[France 2004 comes to mind as well. Brawn to The Shoe, "Shoe, we need 20 qualifying laps in a row to win this race". The Shoe duly delivers and the rest is history.That is a race I've been pitching as one of Mike's finest ever since it happened in 2004. You are the first person (other than me) to independently bring it up as one of his signature races on this forum,. Well done my man! :dork:

here is the bro whole shootin' match

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjE3NjY4NzQ0.html

BTW this is the same race that Rubens passed JT at the last corner of the last lap to claim a podium.

What a great drive from Rubens, comming from grid positiom #10
The forza was with them :stareup:

N. Jones
24th September 2013, 06:23
Alonso for carting Webber back to the pits.

dj_bytedisaster
24th September 2013, 10:55
I think Vettel should get a honourable mention for his delightfully politically incorrect interview with RTL after the race. :laugh: They asked him if RB was making F1 dull - this is what he said;

"Der Unterschied steckt im Detail. Wenn die anderen nach Hause gehen und sich die Eier in den Pool hängen, sind wir noch da und tüfteln weiter am Auto. Dann versuchen wir, noch mehr rauszuquetschen, und sowas macht natürlich über das Wochenende den Unterschied und über das Jahr gesehen dann auch."

“The difference is in the details. While the others go home to let their balls dangle in the pool, we’re still in the garage tampering with small details on the car,” he said. “And once we’ve got that we try to squeeze out a little more. Over a whole weekend, this makes a difference, even more so over a whole year.”

If you're labelled Dick Dastardley anyways, you can just as well play the part :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

AndyL
24th September 2013, 13:23
While we're at it, get rid of the DRS gimmick and make them actually race to pass each other instead of pushing the button and gaining a temporary, artificial advantage. If you take away the easy pass, drivers will be forced to go for the difficult one, which is what we really want to see.

Or they'll sit in a queue behind Jarno Trulli for 30 laps, which is what we actually did see.

donKey jote
24th September 2013, 21:00
I think Vettel should get a honourable mention for his delightfully politically incorrect interview with RTL after the race. :laugh: They asked him if RB was making F1 dull - this is what he said;

"Der Unterschied steckt im Detail. Wenn die anderen nach Hause gehen und sich die Eier in den Pool hängen, sind wir noch da und tüfteln weiter am Auto. Dann versuchen wir, noch mehr rauszuquetschen, und sowas macht natürlich über das Wochenende den Unterschied und über das Jahr gesehen dann auch."

“The difference is in the details. While the others go home to let their balls dangle in the pool, we’re still in the garage tampering with small details on the car,” he said. “And once we’ve got that we try to squeeze out a little more. Over a whole weekend, this makes a difference, even more so over a whole year.”

If you're labelled Dick Dastardley anyways, you can just as well play the part :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

^^ :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

steveaki13
25th September 2013, 00:12
Its true what Seb says though.

I mean ultimately Red Bull and him are making the other teams look silly.

dj_bytedisaster
25th September 2013, 01:14
Its true what Seb says though.

I mean ultimately Red Bull and him are making the other teams look silly.

It's one of the things where Vettel really takes after Schumacher. Even in his first season in Formula BMW as a 15 year old he stayed in the garage with the team, tinkering with the car longer than anyone else. While his opponents were at home squeezing zits and trying to work out what girls are good for, he was trying to get the car setup a little better. As that makes a huge difference in a spec series, he won 18 of 20 races that year in a spec series!. I suppose that was a lesson he thoroughly remembers ever since.

555-04Q2
25th September 2013, 10:05
[quote="dj_bytedisaster":1pbel1z0][France 2004 comes to mind as well. Brawn to The Shoe, "Shoe, we need 20 qualifying laps in a row to win this race". The Shoe duly delivers and the rest is history.That is a race I've been pitching as one of Mike's finest ever since it happened in 2004. You are the first person (other than me) to independently bring it up as one of his signature races on this forum,. Well done my man! :dork:

here is the bro whole shootin' match

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjE3NjY4NzQ0.html

BTW this is the same race that Rubens passed JT at the last corner of the last lap to claim a podium.

What a great drive from Rubens, comming from grid positiom #10
The forza was with them :stareup:[/quote:1pbel1z0]

Yip :) 2004 was a, should we understate, a very dominant year for Ferrari and The Shoe. The only reason they didn't win more of the final races was they stopped development of the car early in the season such was it's dominance to concentrate on the 2005 car, which turned out to be a complete lemon!

Tazio
26th September 2013, 08:26
http://wtf1.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Finger1.jpg

:stareup:

555-04Q2
26th September 2013, 11:20
I'm number 1 baby :p:

Sage-sg
26th September 2013, 14:33
Kimi surprised me. He was such how what we love. Unfortunately, Lotus don't allow him to show his talent every race.

steveaki13
26th September 2013, 21:24
Yip :) 2004 was a, should we understate, a very dominant year for Ferrari and The Shoe. The only reason they didn't win more of the final races was they stopped development of the car early in the season such was it's dominance to concentrate on the 2005 car, which turned out to be a complete lemon!

It did Lap the field in the US 2005. :dozey: :laugh:

555-04Q2
27th September 2013, 07:09

It did Lap the field in the US 2005. :dozey: :laugh:

True, it did do that :rotflmao:

Tazio
5th October 2013, 09:18
Vettel and Alonso are the only drivers to have won in Korea since the race made its debut in 2010 and Red Bull's triple champion is chasing his hat-trick at Yeongam.

Alonso has made storming starts his trademark this season but will have both Mercedes drivers ahead of him with Nico Rosberg lining up in fourth place and Lotus's Romain Grosjean in third.

"We got the most out of the car. It has been a good qualifying for us and hopefully tomorrow we will be able to fight with them (Red Bull)" said Hamilton. "There's threats all around but I'm just looking forward."

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2013/10/0 ... ws&rpc=401 (http://uk.reuters.com/article/2013/10/05/motor-racing-prix-idUKL4N0HV03F20131005?rpc=401&feedType=RSS&feedName=motorSportsNews&rpc=401)

Warriwa
6th October 2013, 02:21
Is everyone forgetting just how much kimi benefitted from the safety car?
He is overated and Alonso will make him look foolish next year.