Me for continuing to watch this farce?

donKey jote
22nd September 2013, 16:01
Webber's Red Bull

JasonPotato
22nd September 2013, 16:04
RB again screwing Mark over
Stewards for screwing hulkenburg
FIA for screwing the race with the stupid rule where cars can unlap themselves under SC.

steveaki13
22nd September 2013, 16:18
F1's rules generally for allow the sport to drift into a conservation sport.

Teams for not letting drivers push

dj_bytedisaster
22nd September 2013, 16:27

Yeah, sure they broke his gearbox on purpose, Einstein :hmph:

Reject of the race have to be the stewards for that ridiculous Hülkenberg/Perez verdict :z
Dishonourable mention to Pirelli for giving us another eco-run.

Mia 01
22nd September 2013, 16:56
How curious, once moore Marks gearbox goes kaputt.

Tazio
22nd September 2013, 17:42
How curious, once moore Marks gearbox goes kaputt.
It was on its 5th race, and I suspect Seb was conserving his box as well as it was also his 5th race. I really think that Seb's has held up better because he hasn't had to fight to pass in the field much the last 5 races, which is much harder on the box than spending the majority of the race far enough ahead to baby the dog blasted thing :bulb:

DexDexter
22nd September 2013, 17:45
Webber is the donkey of the race. He had a totally dominant car and would've finished fourth. The crowd is another donkey, they booed Vettel.

JasonPotato
22nd September 2013, 17:54
DJ, did i say anything about them breaking it on purpose? More likely they gave him an inferior gearbox to Vettel's car.

Brown, Jon Brow
22nd September 2013, 19:03
The FIA for giving Alonso and Webber reprimands for the lift back to the pits.

N4D13
22nd September 2013, 19:05
DJ, did i say anything about them breaking it on purpose? More likely they gave him an inferior gearbox to Vettel's car.
I was just going to post that! Webber's penalty for Korea is one of the most moronic decisions of the season. :angryfire

Dave B
22nd September 2013, 19:42
Not once you see the footage of Webber running across a live racetrack.

I'd still give the award to the FIA, but for the insane safety car rule where we have to wait a week and a half for the Marussias and Caterhams to eventually catch up with the proper cars before we can go racing again.

wmcot
23rd September 2013, 06:07

Totally agree. A 10 place penalty for accepting a ride? The whole steward idea needs an overhaul. We need one steward who will travel to all the races and can make speedy decisions on the fly - much like the ALMS series. Instead, we have "rule by committee" and all of the committee members act like inhuman lawyers (apologies to all those human lawyers who may read this.)

Besides, Alonso was just trying to pick up enough "debris" to pass the weighing after the race. ;)

dj_bytedisaster
23rd September 2013, 06:50

Totally agree. A 10 place penalty for accepting a ride? The whole steward idea needs an overhaul.

The 10 place drop is not for the lift, it's for the fact that Webber already netted the third reprimand this year. I think the reprimand was justified. Webber ran onto the track and Alonso stopped right in the middle of it. Did you see the stunt Hamilton and Rosberg had to pull to avoid piling into Alonso?

Robinho
23rd September 2013, 06:59
easily the stewards for the Hulks "penalty", give a place back (that he never lost) for going off track after being punted in the side - crazy

I would say Webber's penalty also, but I understand that he received a 3rd reprimand, and a reprimand is probably fair for running across the circuit, also I haven't seen the footage of him being picked up and the ensuing near-miss

555-04Q2
23rd September 2013, 08:23

That's a joke, right? Oh, you're being serious? F#ck!

henners88
23rd September 2013, 11:32
For me the stewards for awarding Mark Webber a 10 place grid penalty for the next race. It was his third reprimand earning the penalty, but I think in situations like this, a reprimand was unnecessary. Takes the human element out of the sport for me.

dj_bytedisaster
23rd September 2013, 11:37
For me the stewards for awarding Mark Webber a 10 place grid penalty for the next race. It was his third reprimand earning the penalty, but I think in situations like this, a reprimand was unnecessary. Takes the human element out of the sport for me.

Mark ran onto the track and Alonso stopped right on the racing line. That forced Hamilton and Rosberg to take rather violent evasive manovers. That's what they got the respective reprimands for.

henners88
23rd September 2013, 11:54

Mark ran onto the track and Alonso stopped right on the racing line. That forced Hamilton and Rosberg to take rather violent evasive manovers. That's what they got the respective reprimands for.
I still don't agree with a reprimand. A fine would have done for both drivers as they understand it is a bit naughty, but shows something of the human side for me. Something that was more exciting than the actual race getting this kind of treatment was unnecessary for me. You'll likely disagree but thats fine. :)

AndyL
23rd September 2013, 12:02

Yeah, sure they broke his gearbox on purpose, Einstein :hmph:

I don't think it was the gearbox. From what Christain Horner said, the engine lost its coolant.

555-04Q2
23rd September 2013, 12:41
Either way it was bad luck so close to the end.

Mia 01
23rd September 2013, 13:25
Forgot about Di Resta, for the forth race now. Some sort of a record?

555-04Q2
23rd September 2013, 14:04
Forgot about Di Resta, for the forth race now. Some sort of a record?

Who? :laugh:

Tazio
23rd September 2013, 15:16
Boys will be boys, and sometimes they need a slap on the wrist. It's too bad about Mark, but I think the reprimands were warranted.

Donney
23rd September 2013, 18:52
People booing Vettel I am sick and tired of him winning so dominantly but I am afraid he is not to blame and booing a driver shows little or no respect for the sport

dj_bytedisaster
23rd September 2013, 20:33
People booing Vettel I am sick and tired of him winning so dominantly but I am afraid he is not to blame and booing a driver shows little or no respect for the sport

Most of the paddock seems to agree with you, consodering the list of people, who have publically spoken out against it: Hamilton, Webber, Luca di Montezemolo, Stefano Dominicali, Bernie, Niki Lauda...

JasonPotato
23rd September 2013, 23:28
Maybe Red Bull give Webber the exact same equipment and chance Vettel has but really when you look at the amount of times he has had the short straw compared to Vettel in supposedly identical cars. You should be able to see where i'm coming from. Whether it be a slow pit stop, mechanical issue or who can forget multi 21.

I see why he gets this treatment, myself am happy to boo Vettel. Only driver i will boo and have ever booed.

dj_bytedisaster
24th September 2013, 01:32
Maybe Red Bull give Webber the exact same equipment and chance Vettel has but really when you look at the amount of times he has had the short straw compared to Vettel in supposedly identical cars. You should be able to see where i'm coming from. Whether it be a slow pit stop, mechanical issue or who can forget multi 21.

Vettel and Webber have actually had have roughly the same number of maladies and failures since 2009. In fact Vettel had more mechanical DNF's than Mark.

And about Multi21. Do you remember this? “I’m not fine with it, no. Of course I ignored the team and I was battling to the end.“
That was Mark Webber after the 2011 Silverstone GP, asked why he attacked Vettel despite the team having ordered him not to - or Multi12 in today's cryptospeak. So unless you're a practicing hypocrit, you'd have to boo mark as well

anfield5
24th September 2013, 02:52
Certain rulemakers, for allowing lapped cars to unlap themselves and force us to watch 6 laps of unneccessary laps of cars burbling around behind a taxi. It's not just the time wasting, why should the leader be penalised after he has overtaken lapped cars during the race, in effect they are giving the chasers a free pass.

DiResta for his hat-trick of crashes

Vettel for the stooooooopid spangly helmet (at least it didn't have flashing lcd lights on it this year)

kfzmeister
24th September 2013, 06:11
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... bEfNqTQ7F0 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ubEfNqTQ7F0)
That's a dual Donkey award right there. :erm: :erm:

dj_bytedisaster
24th September 2013, 06:15
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ubEfNqTQ7F0

Best application video for the darwin award in years :D

Parabolica
24th September 2013, 12:48

I agree.

The Mercedes drivers should have realised that that the Chequered Flag indicates the end of the race, and that the lap after passing the flag is a slow-down lap.

kfzmeister
24th September 2013, 15:02
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BU7I0bVCMAAzBdF.jpg

Tazio
24th September 2013, 15:19
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BU7I0bVCMAAzBdF.jpg
:laugh: :dork: :laugh: :grenade: :laugh:

dj_bytedisaster
24th September 2013, 17:08

I agree.

The Mercedes drivers should have realised that that the Chequered Flag indicates the end of the race, and that the lap after passing the flag is a slow-down lap.

even on the slowdown lap F1 cars go often faster than you are allowed on the motorway. The reason for that is very simple. They have an engine behind them that's just spent almost two hours at peak performance - and it needs air for cooling. You can't dawdle around at 20 mph or you'll fry the engine.

donKey jote
24th September 2013, 20:56

holy guacamole ! :eek: :crazy: :dozey:

JasonPotato
25th September 2013, 01:10
Why would i boo Webber lol I would class him as one of the gentleman of the sport and a nice guy. He doesn't have a do anything to win attitude, maybe why he hasn't won as many races. The reason why i dislike Vettel is because of his arrogance, the finger and the fact he is the golden boy inside red bull who can do anything he likes and when things aren't going his way he cries and bitches.

Anyway seeing that video i can actually see why both Webber and Alonso got a reprimand, i thought before it was plain stupid. Still got the Hulkenberg decision wrong.

dj_bytedisaster
25th September 2013, 01:19
Why would i boo Webber lol I would class him as one of the gentleman of the sport and a nice guy. He doesn't have a do anything to win attitude, maybe why he hasn't won as many races. The reason why i dislike Vettel is because of his arrogance, the finger and the fact he is the golden boy inside red bull who can do anything he likes and when things aren't going his way he cries and bitches.

Anyway seeing that video i can actually see why both Webber and Alonso got a reprimand, i thought before it was plain stupid. Still got the Hulkenberg decision wrong.

Actually Webber got booed once - in Turkey 2010. You might be interested (or not for that matter) in this little feature about the inept handling of the RB management: #F1 Features: The Vettel ‘boo’ pandemic (http://thejudge13.com/2013/09/24/f1-features-the-vettel-boo-pandemic/)

But be warned, it will seriously scratch your rosetinted glasses about Marks sportsmanship.

JasonPotato
25th September 2013, 01:47
I consider Mark a nice guy, that's my opinion. Am i a huge fan of his..no. I honestly don't think he'll be missed in F1 but i wish him all the best. If you think im bias towards Mark then that's your problem.

anfield5
25th September 2013, 02:44
I consider Mark a nice guy, that's my opinion. Am i a huge fan of his..no. I honestly don't think he'll be missed in F1 but i wish him all the best. If you think im bias towards Mark then that's your problem.

I absolutely agree with you. Parts of Mark will be missed i.e. he is one of the very few drivers who will be blunt and honest, he will say what he wants to say, most other drivers will run out this pc nonsense that doesn't actually say anything. As a driver he has always been a solid number two driver, he has one races and generally given 100% every time he has driven, he just doesn't seem to have the extra that is needed to be a champion.

dj_bytedisaster
25th September 2013, 03:24
I absolutely agree with you. Parts of Mark will be missed i.e. he is one of the very few drivers who will be blunt and honest, he will say what he wants to say, most other drivers will run out this pc nonsense that doesn't actually say anything. As a driver he has always been a solid number two driver, he has one races and generally given 100% every time he has driven, he just doesn't seem to have the extra that is needed to be a champion.

Unfortunately that perception is rather wrong. Mark is actually one of the less honest men on the circuit. I'm pretty sure much of it is influence by Ann Neill, but Mark has been manipulating the media for years. Take 'wing-gate' for instance. After the first test of it he said that the new wing made no difference for him - if anything it made the car a trifle more understeering, which Vettel likes and Mark not. That's why the wings were swapped. Vettel felt it helped him and Mark didn't feel much of a difference. (Pretty much proving the point by winning the race with the old wing) Instead of saying so Mark has played the favouratism victim ever since. Latest instance is his reprimand at Singapore. Everybody, who saw the CCTCV video says that running onto the track like Mark did is sheer lunacy, yet he plays the media that he's harshly treated by that 10 grid places demotion, conveniently forgetting to mention that he is only the second driver in history to collect three reprimands in a single season. The other one is Maldonado last year.

Koz
25th September 2013, 09:01
For those that haven't seen it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RD7M3njrsJ4

First thought here was '77 RSA. Webber should know better.